Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-12-2010, 05:45 PM   #851
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
NTO easily best addition to FOFC in a while.

Certainly the best username.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:06 PM   #852
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

it's true. i'm awesome.

you know who's not getting enough heat in the draft? jarret brown.

check out the rollout laser vs. auburn @ 1:26. es muis caliente.

NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:23 PM   #853
NewIdentity
High School JV

Does anyone know what the rules are on multiple offense game suspensions? If Holmes gets another suspension for his current Orlando court case, say another 4 games, will he be able to serve it consecutively or concurrently? Will it be 8 games or 4 games, if he gets another 4 game suspension in an unrelated incident?

And, any idea on what happened to the Minnesots Williams boys drug suspension case? I know last year the NFL was blocked from suspending them for their positive drug tests as the courts try to decide if the NFL can legally make the Williams Boys take random drug tests under Minnesota State law. In a lot of states these random drug tests are illegal and your employer must show just cause for having you tested.
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan

Last edited by NewIdentity : 04-12-2010 at 06:36 PM.
NewIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #854
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewIdentity View Post
Does anyone know what the rules are on multiple offense game suspensions? If Holmes gets another suspension for his current Orlando court case, say another 4 games, will he be able to serve it consecutively or concurrently? Will it be 8 games or 4 games, if he gets another 4 game suspension in an unrelated incident?

And, any idea on what happened to the Minnesots Williams boys drug suspension case? I know last year the NFL was blocked from suspending them for their positive drug tests as the courts try to decide if the NFL can legally make the Williams Boys take random drug tests under Minnesota State law. In a lot of states these random drug tests are illegal and your employer must show just cause for having you tested.

I think the commish gets to make the call on the suspension.

Nothing has happened as of yet for the Minnesota Williams'- basically the Saints 2 DEs were not forced to be suspended either because they couldn't suspend the 2 DTs from Minn. So nothing yet, but it's still a possibility.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:49 PM   #855
NewIdentity
High School JV

I also wonder what Holmes being traded for a 5th round draft pick does to Brandon Marshall's stock?

Can the Broncos still demand a 1st round pick for the same type of player?

Also, I did like Jim Rome's take, that teams should immediately start calling the Pittsburgh Steelers and offer their 4th round pick for Ben Roethlisberger.
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan

Last edited by NewIdentity : 04-12-2010 at 07:54 PM.
NewIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:55 PM   #856
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post
it's true. i'm awesome.

you know who's not getting enough heat in the draft? jarret brown.

I like JB and have always appreciated the fact that he stayed in Morgantown waiting his turn behind Pat White, but 4th-5th round is where he's being projected and that's about right. For every amazing throw the guy makes he has an equally boneheaded play in the same game.

If he can get his head straight he has all the tools to be a very good QB in the NFL. Physical tools alone are probably late 1st-2nd round worthy. His accuracy on the deep ball is very good, strong arm, overall accuracy is above average, and he's very mobile. By all accounts he's a great kid and as a WVU fan I wish him the best.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #857
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

yeah, to be fair i've only seen him @ the senior bowl and on youtube. i should of prefaced it with 'hey wvu fans what do you think of ...'

he lit up the combine. best numbers across the board if i remember right.

i just think it's a lousy year for qb's. if you're gonna gamble on someone might as well go with the best athlete.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:38 PM   #858
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm also a big fan of Brown and appreciate the patience he displayed while backing up Pat White. I agree with Atocep about his physical tools -- he is a freakish athlete with a cannon arm, but his judgement is, at best, unproven (due to the limited amount of career starts that he had) and, at worst, just plain bad. He seems to do well on the first couple of drives in each game, which makes me wonder if he "masters" the scripted plays, that they repeatedly run during the week in practice, but struggles to grasp the overall game plan and/or play book.

I think he'd be a good pick for a team that has a firmly entrenched coaching staff (that will be in place for at least 3-5 more seasons) that has an established offense and starting quarterback. If he could get on a team that didn't significantly change the playbook from year to year and had some time to develop, he could become a good starter in 3-4 years.

Of course, you could probably say the same about a number of other young QBs.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:40 PM   #859
Swaggs
Coordinator

I do think Brown could be a pretty awesome H-back or receiving TE. He is a huge guy with a lot of speed. The season that he played basketball, he looked like a giant (weight-wise) compared to all the other basketball players.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:04 AM   #860
Logan
Head Coach

Rutgers is doing a pretty good job putting defensive players in the NFL. In a couple years maybe there will be a bunch on one team, and then Jarrett Brown can just bounce around the NFL playing against that squad weekly. All-Pro.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:07 AM   #861
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
yeah, to be fair i've only seen him @ the senior bowl and on youtube. i should of prefaced it with 'hey wvu fans what do you think of ...'

he lit up the combine. best numbers across the board if i remember right.

i just think it's a lousy year for qb's. if you're gonna gamble on someone might as well go with the best athlete.

Are you sure your nickname shouldnt' be Al_Davis ??
Old 04-13-2010, 11:51 AM   #862
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
I think he'll be great paired with Calvin Johnson.

Come on...wasn't Reggie Ball enough torture for Johnson?
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:14 PM   #863
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Are you sure your nickname shouldnt' be Al_Davis ??

i see how it is. i'll have you know sir that this kid's got moxy. MOXY!

for the record, some of my previous predictions included dexter jackson (app st) having a better career than desean jackson and that chad henne would emerge as the best qb of his class (ryan/flacco)

/whistles away in self satisfaction/
Old 04-13-2010, 04:39 PM   #864
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Rutgers is doing a pretty good job putting defensive players in the NFL. In a couple years maybe there will be a bunch on one team, and then Jarrett Brown can just bounce around the NFL playing against that squad weekly. All-Pro.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:50 PM   #865
Logan
Head Coach

Thank god youtube doesn't autoplay.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:05 PM   #866
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

let's see dan lefevour do that shit.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:29 AM   #867
miami_fan
Coordinator

Brandon Marshall to the Dolphins?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:42 AM   #868
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

yep. for a second. good for miami.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:25 AM   #869
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
yep. for a second. good for miami.

For 2 2nd's. One this year and one next year.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:42 AM   #870
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I guess I'm happy with that (assuming it's both picks). Seems like he wasn't going to be around next year, everyone knew it, and they still got something of value for him.

That Jerry Jones video talking bad about Parcells and Tebow... am I missing something? The media is trying to make it sound like Jones is disparaging Tebow by saying he wouldn't use a 3rd round pick on him because he'd never see the field. Um, isn't that because he has Romo, and not necessarily because he thinks Tebow sucks? My guess is, Polian would say the same thing. What, do you want him to bench Peyton Manning?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-14-2010 at 07:42 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:21 AM   #871
Kodos
Resident Alien

Not a fan of Brandon Marshall. Talented guy, but an asshat. Wish he'd gone to Seattle or something.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:03 AM   #872
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
For 2 2nd's. One this year and one next year.

Good for Denver. I am happy with that. We now have a 1st 2 seconds and most likely two 3s once we trade Scheffler later this week.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #873
remper
Mascot

We're still waiting in Chicago for a GODDAMN NUMBER 1 RECEIVER. Or anyone that even remotely resembles that. With Martz here we have an offense that no longer needs a pass catching TE, and relies pretty heavily on throwing to WRs... Right now that's Knox (meh), Bennett(ugh), and Hester(shudder).
remper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #874
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by remper View Post
We're still waiting in Chicago for a GODDAMN NUMBER 1 RECEIVER. Or anyone that even remotely resembles that. With Martz here we have an offense that no longer needs a pass catching TE, and relies pretty heavily on throwing to WRs... Right now that's Knox (meh), Bennett(ugh), and Hester(shudder).

Martz is going to have to adjust to the talent he has available, because the Bears just don't have the leeway to make any more big splashes. Expect to see Olsen lining up in the slot a lot this year.

Also, as much as I dislike Martz and am pervently praying that the lame-duck staff here doesn't get Cutler killed, Martz' system could mean big numbers for Johnny Knox this year.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #875
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

Word out of Dove Valley here in Denver was two teams that were never even considered by Denver FO was Chicago or the Redskins though they probably could not have ponied up the two 2nd rounders anyways.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #876
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Wow, it's been a long time since we had a legitimately good WR.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:12 AM   #877
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think it is essentially a 5 year 50m deal, too. 24m in guarantees. Not bad for a guy that likely talked enough shit to get one of his friends killed.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:39 PM   #878
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

I think you may already have that guy in Devin Aromashodu. I stashed him on my fantasy roster after hearing Cutler rave about him and beg for him to be put on the field. And once he was, his numbers were awesome. He had a stinker against BAL (the whole team did), but otherwise: 8 for 76 and a TD; 7 for 150 and a TD, and 5 for 46 and 2 TDs. Not bad for the stretch run.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:40 PM   #879
Logan
Head Coach

Supposedly the Dolphins were already shopping Ginn and will continue to do so. I'm curious what they're looking for back. Wouldn't mind at all if the Niners could pick him as a returner for a late pick.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:40 PM   #880
bhlloy
Coordinator

I hear they are looking for somebody with an equally solid family. I wonder if anyone who was defending this pick back in 07 wants to show their face in here now...
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #881
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Not a fan of Brandon Marshall. Talented guy, but an asshat. Wish he'd gone to Seattle or something.

This. But maybe he'll change my mind and it's nice to finally have a true #1 again. So much for Dez, though. Now it'll be NT Williams or one of the 3-4 DE/OLB types.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:29 PM   #882
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I hear they are looking for somebody with an equally solid family. I wonder if anyone who was defending this pick back in 07 wants to show their face in here now...

Is there anyone like that besides Cam Cameron?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:45 PM   #883
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post

I'm sure that person is right beside all the other LOLPhins fans who wanted them to draft Brady Fucking Quinn.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:57 PM   #884
Kodos
Resident Alien

Honestly, would Quinn have been any worse of a pick?

If it helps us avoid Dez, that's at least a plus. I wish the Dolphins cared more about character.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #885
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I think it is essentially a 5 year 50m deal, too. 24m in guarantees. Not bad for a guy that likely talked enough shit to get one of his friends killed.

Stay classy Pittsburgh and coming from a Steelers fan after some of the shit Rothliesberger just went throu I would think being silent is a good idea.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:15 PM   #886
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I gather you didn't follow the trial?
Old 04-15-2010, 08:31 AM   #887
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I gather you didn't follow the trial?

Not so much.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #888
kingfc22
Head Coach

And we finally have a return man. Plus it is better than wasting a 1st on Spiller like some people would like us to do IMO.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #889
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Supposedly the Dolphins were already shopping Ginn and will continue to do so. I'm curious what they're looking for back. Wouldn't mind at all if the Niners could pick him as a returner for a late pick.

Who's the man?!
Old 04-16-2010, 01:37 PM   #890
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Who's the man?!

Old 04-16-2010, 03:25 PM   #891
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Bears fans, T.O is available.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:36 PM   #892
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

anyone see the grudens qb camp segs on espn?

hate to say it, but tebow looks pretty strong.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:18 AM   #893
Atocep
Coordinator

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010emmitt.php

If Emmitt Smith did an NFL mock draft.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #894
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Huh.

Odd deal:

The Eagles send a 5th round pick to Denver for Tony Scheffler.

The Eagles then send Scheffler to the Lions for LB Ernie Sims.

The Lions also get a 7th round pick from Denver.

I always liked Ernie Sims and the way he hit people, but he wasn't a great linebacker. Soild, but not great in any way. I supposed picking up Scheffler means that Petigrew's recovery from his knee surgery isn't going great.

This creates yet another hole on the leauge's worst defense. They aren't really that deep at linebacker. Projected starters were Julian Peterson, 2nd year guy Deandre Levy and Sims. There really isn't any back-up who is a starting caliber player.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:26 AM   #895
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

H_B (or any other Detroit fan):

Folks on the Saints message board are speculating about a possible Jamal Brown to Detroit trade. Not based on any rumors, I think--just the idea that the Saints have a surplus of LTs and Detroit needs one.

Any rumors of that on you guys' end of things?
Old 04-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #896
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
H_B (or any other Detroit fan):

Folks on the Saints message board are speculating about a possible Jamal Brown to Detroit trade. Not based on any rumors, I think--just the idea that the Saints have a surplus of LTs and Detroit needs one.

Any rumors of that on you guys' end of things?

I haven't heard any rumors about that, but then again I hadn't heard anything at all about moving Ernie Sims or getting Scheffler.

Mayhew has shown a propensity for trading for players, so it is a distinct possibility.

I don't know too much about Jamal Brown. If the Lions consider him an upgrade over Backus, they might make the deal, but I am not sure what they'll do with Backus then, since they already traded for a potential starting LG in Sims from Seattle. I guess they could move Backus to RG or RT, since Cherlius hasn't blown anyone away.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #897
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
http://walterfootball.com/draft2010emmitt.php

If Emmitt Smith did an NFL mock draft.

I don't know which one I like better: Golden State or Tim Tivo. They both made me laugh out loud.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:37 AM   #898
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I haven't heard any rumors about that, but then again I hadn't heard anything at all about moving Ernie Sims or getting Scheffler.

Mayhew has shown a propensity for trading for players, so it is a distinct possibility.

I don't know too much about Jamal Brown. If the Lions consider him an upgrade over Backus, they might make the deal, but I am not sure what they'll do with Backus then, since they already traded for a potential starting LG in Sims from Seattle. I guess they could move Backus to RG or RT, since Cherlius hasn't blown anyone away.

Brown is a pro-bowl quality LT, but was on IR last season. Honestly, I'd like it if the Saints got rid of him. He's a great player, but he has bad knees. Maybe he can play another 10 years at a pro-bowl LT. I'm more likely to think that he will be out of the league in five years due to injury.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #899
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
If it helps us avoid Dez, that's at least a plus. I wish the Dolphins cared more about character.

Are you saying that Dez Bryant has more character issues than Marshall?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 04-19-2010 at 11:38 AM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #900
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

The Lions send Ernie Sims to the Eagles for Tony Schleffer & a 7th rounder?

I hope they run a lot of 2 TE sets...
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote