Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-05-2008, 11:39 PM   #851
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Also, I was really hoping yesterday that Chief Rum or one of the late-night guys was going to have some meaningful information for us to act on - playing blind for two days in a row kinda sucks.

Yeah, sorry. It's hard playing catch up late in games like this. I am hoping to have more tonight. I do know a couple more things than I did last night, but I am still getting a read on things (plus, I am still about 300 posts behind everyone).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:41 PM   #852
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chief, I'm heading out as you are catching up. So I'll be interested in reading along tomorrow AM.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:46 PM   #853
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
I apologized already. I will refrain from name calling.

Oh, BTW, I in no way wish to be perceived as condoning namecalling by saying we give nfg some slack. Obviously, we all know there is a line, and I am glad that nfg has found this as well, so he will know in the future. But I am saying that I do think he has gotten a bad rap fast in games so far, and that is hiding from some people that he actually has made some contributions, IMO, and I would like to hear more, instead of shutting him out just because he isn't quite as PC as others.

And, I am very glad Alan is sticking in the game. WW is always better when Alan is around.

Is this where I put in a vote for Alan?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:52 PM   #854
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Another question, GRF will be crucial. I am not saying he is a wolf at all but whatever he votes will most likely decide things.

Quoting to put it at the end of my reading.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:04 AM   #855
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
it did. Just looking at when the votes came it seems like a movement to save thomkal and possibly ardent

I'm always suspicious that runs like these are over-interpreted. Fact is, no wolves with decent experience would make such an obvious unless they felt they could hide it. And there's no hiding those runs. Nothing clears the people participating in those runs from possibly being Company, but I doubt greatly that either run was a primarily Company move. There are likely individual wolves here and there, but nothing that would link one with another.

Also, if we assume there was a Company move in those runs, don't we then have to assume the ones with votes already (Thomkal? Who else) were wolves themselves? After all, why would the Company take such a risk unless they were attempting to save one of their own? And with multiple options, why not vote up one of the other options with four votes instead of starting fresh runs on NC or AE?

No, nothing I have seen so far makes sense for a Company run to be on NC or AE.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:06 AM   #856
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
VOTE THE JACKAL

If not we do now....

merely a random choice based on absolutely nothing in particular =)

Gut feeling that you're a wolf. I think you're lying about not knowing that AE already had two votes.

Vote Render
Old 03-06-2008, 12:09 AM   #857
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Also, if we assume there was a Company move in those runs, don't we then have to assume the ones with votes already (Thomkal? Who else) were wolves themselves? After all, why would the Company take such a risk unless they were attempting to save one of their own? And with multiple options, why not vote up one of the other options with four votes instead of starting fresh runs on NC or AE?

No, nothing I have seen so far makes sense for a Company run to be on NC or AE.

Exactly the point. AE already had two votes on him, but for some reason, these guys started piling on me and The Jackal. As if they didn't want an ardent-Thomkal showdown on the voting.

Personally, I'd like to see a Thomkal / render lynch race tonight, but that's just me.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:18 AM   #858
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
i guess ill say why i thought that was a strange reveal in case i die -

1, you didnt find out anything about mau, but he could still be a wolf and just not have done anything last night, so that piece of information isn't all that useful

2, you now have a bullseye on your back without having given us real info

I hope something else has come of SnDvl's reveal, because as of right now, this is pretty much my read on this odd situation.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:18 AM   #859
path12
Coordinator

Thanks for putting that together, hoops. Very helpful. My thoughts:

1) The only Ardent vote I think could have been a wolf not able to switch is cronin's.
2) DT's and Barkeep's votes are interesting. In two votes it went from a 3 way tie to a 5 way tie (well, four and no lynch). That might be a careful route to try and save a fellow wolf, put more candidates at the top. DT in particular is the one that seems most wolfish to me, I feel that way about him a lot though. But I can totally see Barkeep coming up with an idea like putting more people in the mix and hope percentages break for you, and frankly I thought Lathum's callout of BK seeming to know a lot about Sylar was a pretty good one.

People I feel better about: SnDvls, Alan T, Neon Chaos, The Jackal
People I feel less good about: DaddyTorgo, Barkeep49, Greyroofoo, Mr. Wednesday, st.cronin.

VOTE BARKEEP49

Now off to beautiful Milwaukee. Talk to you tomorrow night. Don't lynch me.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:28 AM   #860
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
The day brings action all over the place. First no one agrees, then this band of supernatural beings sets itself onto a few people. At the last minute, it is tied. Then, special orders are carried out and things are changed:

Ardent (7): St. Cronin (328), SnDvls (487), Alan T (512), Oliegirl (518), Jackal (612), Neon Chaos (618), hoopsguy (N/A)

Jackal (5): nfg22 (498), Thomkal (520), Barkeep (529), Mr. Wednesday (565), Greyroofoo (597)

Neon Chaos (4): mauboy1 (471), RendeR (499), path12 (511), Daddy Torgo (530)

Thomkal (3): claphamsa (318), Chief Rum (434), Lathum (474)

No Lynch (3): Narcizo (445), Ardent (452), Schmidty (488)

Ardent Enthusiast must die today. The group focuses all of their powers upon him and he literally explodes. Falling from the debris you notice an envelope. In it contains a paycheck...from The Company.

Ardent Enthusiast was working for The Company!

Then suddenly all of the bloody mish-mash of what was Ardent Enthusiast just disappears. In death, he went invisible.

I will process night actions now and post results shortly.

Wow, surprised by this. I think the Company got caught with their pants down. I wouldn't think with so many options that they would let this happen.

I would say this pretty much clears NC. Not only was he targeted along with AE (seems unlikely both are wolves), but he also got AE in the tie. And now hoops with the special orders? A special sort of duke?

If it was anyone but hoops, I would be inclined toward instant innocence. Problem is, hoops is crafty enough as a potential Sylar to make a move like this for gaining trust. But as far as I know, Sylar doesn't know anymore who the wolves are than we do, so why would hoops as Sylar make this move, which (if AE came up as a Hero), would paint a huge target on hoops?

No, until I hear Sylar knows who is in Company, I have to guess hoops is in the clear, too. That's a nice COT to start (hoops, NC). I might even include The Jackal, too, as I don't think a Company man would vote another Company man into trouble to save his own ass (especially with other options who, I would guess, are not wolves). That doesn't mean he isn't Sylar, though, and it was clearly a self-preservation vote.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:32 AM   #861
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
So did hoops have the tiebreak then?

Perhaps hoops clears this up, but my read on that was that hoops has the special power that enabled today's lynch. But, as of this point in my reading, I could see the possibility of his vote being moved by someone else. If that's the case, then hoops is back out of the COT. Since I would prefer him to be in the COT, I hope this is not true.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:39 AM   #862
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That was the last we heard from BK, now it is the middle of the day in all fairness.

I'll admit, I didn't focus on this discussion between you and BK, but Ido remember my feeling that what he said made sense, and I know I saw a post quoted from jeheiz around about the same time that seemed to say what Barkeep said it said. So while this tells me nothing about BK's allegiance, in and of itself I don't right now believe this particular tree you're barking up bears any fruit.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:41 AM   #863
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
this is what JeHeinze said, which IMO is pretty vague

Ah, there you go, you posted it yourself. Not sure it leads to what BK said, but not sure it doesn't either.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:45 AM   #864
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I think it is different depending on whom does the kill for the company. The first night the bullet still seems to lead me to think that HRG is company in this game and he did the kill..

Stiff as a board, I'm trying to play through in my mind who that could be. Doesn't sound like Sylar though. I'm wondering if its Bob's ability to transmutate that killed Olie.

Hopefully olie's death brings up this discussion, because isn't she known as a blonde woman? If so, could SnDvls have been following her killer?

Or am I way, way behind on this?

And would SnDvls see the kill? Or could this person's power include the ability to mask it from the view of others (or by its nature, it not obvious, such as some mind attack sorta thing)?

Old 03-06-2008, 12:46 AM   #865
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Thomkal's only message before the lynch:

Jackal then moved his vote.

Then I moved my vote.

Then deadline...

And then, this message from Thomkal at 1:01, which means he's probably been paying attention to the thread.

There were enough votes. But he didn't move his, even though he was right there. And then, the quick apology? It screams wolf to me.

But why does he need to vote? He wasn't the one in danger. Not sure I see why this screams wolf. Doesn't scream villager either, but I'm not nearly ready to make the leap you are here.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:50 AM   #866
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Doing a lot of catching up over a short lunch hour (haven't read my PM yet) but I didn't have anything to do with moving the vote. Great job to whoever did move the vote.

I've got comments on AE, but I want to finish reading the 100 or so posts after Alan's quoted one above first.

Ah, okay, so this confirms it. hoops is back out of the COT. Interesting--why was hoops' vote selected by whomever had this power?

Old 03-06-2008, 12:52 AM   #867
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
I think AE blew it when he said he didn't have a night action... to me that just really stuck out given the plain-ish role I have in this game.

While from a hindsight perspective, this does look more alarming, I stick with what I said before about my power. I, too, don't have a night "action" per say, one which I can activate or specifically target. But I do have a passive power that is always active regardless of what I do.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:53 AM   #868
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
oops
Just forgot...you are in the CoT

SnDvls (to this point in my reading) is not in the COT yet. I haven't seen anything to vouch what he says (although nothing to deny it either).

Old 03-06-2008, 12:58 AM   #869
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
dola - said it by saying he followed hoops "the blonde women"

Ahh...blonde woman in the show, not in real life (although I don't actually recall if olie has blonde hair). Okay, so SnDvls didn't follow olie's killer. Oh well, would have been so much easier.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:59 AM   #870
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I guess the only thing I can think of right now is that Parkman's father is in the game and is a company member and gave me a hallucination or nightmare... Where my action went through, but I don't remember it..

Otherwise, how would Sndvls have known my action was put in for Hoops who later revealed as a blonde cheerleader, matching up with Sndvls story?

Not a regular Heroes viewer--is there a character who can wipe or adjust memories?

Old 03-06-2008, 01:01 AM   #871
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Hey CR...I know something that you do!!!! Also I will be revealing something pretty big and when I do, I will need your backing.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:01 AM   #872
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I still havent decided whether to do it today or tommorow...
Old 03-06-2008, 01:10 AM   #873
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Also I know this looks suspicious but I havent decided to release this yet and I want to know ill have backing...
Old 03-06-2008, 01:16 AM   #874
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also I know this looks suspicious but I havent decided to release this yet and I want to know ill have backing...

Well, not sure what you want to reveal, but I have to admit a little uneasiness that you have linked yourself to me without knowing exactly what you want to reveal. I will admit there is a link, but I haven't yet decided what to make of it yet. Others may read into that what they may, although I hope they would give me a chance to explain before lynching me. To me knowledge, this link is just a power link (like SnDvls following Alan watching hoops).

Keep in mind, nfg, that when I am caught up, I will post my vote and be gone until tomorrow night, after deadline, so if you have something you think could be risky to wait until tomorrow night (and after either of us could possibly die), you better say it now while I can respond.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:20 AM   #875
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

ok...Ill throw it out there...

Basically I am the Parkman dad. I never watched the show, I just wikipediad it. As my power I got to pick two peeps to PM. I picked Grey and Oliegirl. Randomly based on the numbers for which they signed up.

It just happens Oliegirl was connected to CR. I knew this because Olie told me.

Now it gets interesting. GRF. He claims to me to have the power to kill one person that votes for him. This to me sounds very much like the Sylar. He also is acting quite suspicious in PM.

There now I am clean and am hiding nothing. I will answer any and all questions...
Old 03-06-2008, 01:21 AM   #876
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Why not.

An unchallanged claim to that puts you clearly in the CoT.

Right now I am thinking it possible a company member did it to save the Jackyl.

I realize that means they were both company so I dunno. just trying to get some discussion going

If they were both company, then The Jackal would have to have a really nice ability to be worth saving over the cunning wolf. The cunning wolf just doesn't seem like someone that would reasonably be a choice for a sacrifice.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:26 AM   #877
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Why not.

An unchallanged claim to that puts you clearly in the CoT.

Right now I am thinking it possible a company member did it to save the Jackyl.

I realize that means they were both company so I dunno. just trying to get some discussion going

My guess? A limited duke ability that isn't just a one night thing. A duke who has shot his wad, of course, would just come out. But someone who can nightly (every night or at least again at some point) change a vote might want to keep[ quiet a bit longer.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:27 AM   #878
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
ok...Ill throw it out there...

Basically I am the Parkman dad. I never watched the show, I just wikipediad it. As my power I got to pick two peeps to PM. I picked Grey and Oliegirl. Randomly based on the numbers for which they signed up.

It just happens Oliegirl was connected to CR. I knew this because Olie told me.

Now it gets interesting. GRF. He claims to me to have the power to kill one person that votes for him. This to me sounds very much like the Sylar. He also is acting quite suspicious in PM.

There now I am clean and am hiding nothing. I will answer any and all questions...

nfg, do you know who I am?

Old 03-06-2008, 01:30 AM   #879
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I still havent decided whether to do it today or tommorow...

Quote:
nfg, do you know who I am?

I dont watch the show but I assume you are the son parkman and I am the dad. I think they were against eachother in the show...is that what your getting at?
Old 03-06-2008, 01:31 AM   #880
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I dont know why the top quote is there...
Old 03-06-2008, 01:31 AM   #881
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Not a regular Heroes viewer--is there a character who can wipe or adjust memories?
Yes, and he was the first night-kill.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:33 AM   #882
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm waiting to hear from CR about what nfg said, but honestly, that was enough to make me switch my vote at this point.

Unvote Thomkal

Vote GFR
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:34 AM   #883
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, and Alan suggested that he targeted me for an action on Day 2 so if he has info on it I think he should be very clear on it.

All of the guys who are prominently trusted after today are strong candidates for a night kill - if they have information to share I think there is a good argument to be made about sharing it. There is almost certainly a bodyguard role, if not multiple roles that could potentially help them stay alive post-reveal for a period of time.

That said, having clarity on Thomkal is the priority for me in the vote analysis today. If he is a good guy then it becomes easier to pull info from the voting records.

This is a good point. Alan has outed his power. So shouldn't he also reveal his character and whom he followed on Night One? Or is there a reason he would still need to keep this secret?

Old 03-06-2008, 01:35 AM   #884
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I dont watch the show but I assume you are the son parkman and I am the dad. I think they were against eachother in the show...is that what your getting at?

So olie didn't tell you my name?

Old 03-06-2008, 01:35 AM   #885
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

no...
Old 03-06-2008, 01:36 AM   #886
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

ummm...im confused..what connection do we have then?
Old 03-06-2008, 01:36 AM   #887
The Jackal
Coordinator

This giving you reason to doubt him, CR? Or are you checking whether or not you should reveal your name?
Old 03-06-2008, 01:37 AM   #888
The Jackal
Coordinator

dola.. why am i awake
Old 03-06-2008, 01:38 AM   #889
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

well Oliegirl said she could PM CR. I dont see what else that would mean...
Old 03-06-2008, 01:38 AM   #890
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Yes, and he was the first night-kill.

Hmm, well, is there someone else who might be able to do this? I mean, Alan could be lying, but if he's bad, SnDvls would have to bad, too, I would think, and that's a risky play for wolves. And if Alan is good, the only reason I would think he would lie about a Viagra ad (what his scan was) woul dbe if he were protecting hoops. And hoops has already revealed, so what's to protect?

Ergo, IMO, Alan is not lying about his PM and is unlikely to be Company (without further evidence suggesting otherwise), so that means someone did block his scan or whatever he calls the power he has. Maybe it's not a memory wipe, but clearly it's a power that can interfere with the kind of power he has. Are there other characters who might have a power like that?

Old 03-06-2008, 01:39 AM   #891
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
well Oliegirl said she could PM CR. I dont see what else that would mean...

I understand what you're saying, I'm just curious why CR wants to know if she told you his name. Either means he has something to hide or he's just making sure his name isn't getting out there because it could give away his power.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:41 AM   #892
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Cheif?
Old 03-06-2008, 01:48 AM   #893
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I think I'll be around a little longer, but it just started snowing, which means my internets could be broken any minute, so:

VOTE SCHMIDTY

For not moving off of no lynch yesterday, essentially.

Vote st.cronin

For voting Schmidty, because Schmidty was fucking sleeping because he works 3rds and has to sleep some time.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:49 AM   #894
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
ummm...im confused..what connection do we have then?

We have no connection from the moderator that I am aware of. I had a connection with oliegirl, and I am privy to what she told me, and, yes, she told me about you. So we have an indirect connection through her.

But, yes, there is no reason to hide it anymore, as people will eventually make the connection from what you say about oliegirl and me, and what jeheinz posted about oliegirl's opening PM.

Yes, I am Matt Parkman and your son. But so it's clear to everyone, I don't have PM rights with nfg, and only know about him through oliegirl (a source of information now gone, of course). I have the ability to communicate with one other person freely (not of my choosing). After oliegirl was killed, I was given a new connection. I don't think I need to divulge who that is at this time, but I am certain that person can vouch for this if needed.

I can also confirm some of what nfg said. oliegirl told me he could link with two people, and that his other link was GRF, as he said.

But she also said he was pressing her for her "two links" like it was something everyone should have, and that that concerned her. She also did not say he said anything about suspicions about GRF (although there's no reason right now to think he would have told her anything).

Old 03-06-2008, 01:49 AM   #895
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Vote st.cronin

For voting Schmidty, because Schmidty was fucking sleeping because he works 3rds and has to sleep some time.

On that note, I'm going to bed. I'll catch up before the deadline.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:52 AM   #896
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Long winded shortened up--I back what I can of nfg's story, without being able to confirm GRF's suspiciousness (as I have nothing on which to confirm that). He did have a connection with oliegirl. She did have a connection with me. She said he also was connected with GRF. And, by supposition, I am Matt Parkman.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:52 AM   #897
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Cheif?

Sorry, you may not be aware, but I have an, umm, "history" of long posts.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:53 AM   #898
Schmidty
Coordinator

By the way, I might change my vote if it matters. And I'm not actually mad, although it does get frustrating that I essencially can't post during the busy times like everyone else, since I need to sleep. It's not your guys faults, but after a while, it gets irritating.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:54 AM   #899
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
This giving you reason to doubt him, CR? Or are you checking whether or not you should reveal your name?

I was aiming for the latter, Jackal, as I was uncertain of the repercussions for revealing who I was at this time. His story matches what I got from oliegirl.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:55 AM   #900
Schmidty
Coordinator

Man, the thread is actually pretty busy right now, unlike most nights when I'm at work.