Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-23-2006, 04:36 PM   #851
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Path's give to hoops is fine. You may give and recieve during the afternoon and evening but it must be posted to the thread, as Path did. Any item or gold may be passed, without restriction, during that time.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:37 PM   #852
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Dola -- Just read through the thread. Have a job interview followed by shopping to do. Will answer PMs ASAP.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:57 PM   #853
kingfc22
Head Coach

Just got home. Going to catch up now.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:05 PM   #854
kingfc22
Head Coach

Just got to the post where Blade is a pirate. I haven't read on but we need to put him back in his cell and force the pirates to use up their gold and AP's.

VOTE BLADE
Old 02-23-2006, 05:23 PM   #855
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
So then hoops not being killed could mean that

a) hoops is a pirate
b) hoops is being framed as a pirate (the pirates would want us to come to the conclusion that hoops is a pirate)
c) hoops wasn't seen by the pirate with the knife (a well placed hide command/dumb luck)
I think the Pirates were afraid that someone would be watching hoops so they chose to go after a different target, but I'm not ruling out that Hoops may be a pirate.

I think we could easily find out if KWhit or someone "trusted" view the evidence in the morning phase.

On a side note, my quest for gold led to another below avg. gold spot.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:23 PM   #856
kingfc22
Head Coach

Too quiet today.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:26 PM   #857
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
I have no idea why I'm on that list. I've posted more than two words if you actually look back. You always LOOK for trouble, so here's some for ya:

Vote Blade
You`have less posts then pages in this thread...one`of two(gramat`does as well)...you dont call that not posting much?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:30 PM   #858
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
You have problems in your life, don't you.

Grow the hell up.
My life is as happy as could be, i take this board for what it is...an internet message board...maybe you shouldn't take things so god damn seriously and realize this is a game....and we all play a different part. Im not the first one to say that about you, and i can quote if you would like. Im playing my game, and if that entails things you dont like deal with it. Its nothing personal, and nothing to do with outside life. Maybe you should think about that, and lighten the hell up
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:35 PM   #859
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

(Out of Game)
I'm not allowed to say anything in game right now, so this is purely out of game context. I just had to say something because its been bugging me lately. it seems like every game these days have been getting more and more heated personally in an OOC context. Not villagers putting the heat on the wolves, but instead insults, flames and discontent.

I'm not going to tell anyone to play the game in a style thats not their's, but all of the bashing takes away some of the fun for me. I know everyone won't always like each other, but can we make it a little more happy?

(end: Out of Game message)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:39 PM   #860
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
maybe you shouldn't take things so god damn seriously and realize this is a game....

That is literally the funniest thing I have ever read. It's like Louie Anderson calling someone else a fat ass.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:48 PM   #861
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Its nothing personal, and nothing to do with outside life. Maybe you should think about that, and lighten the hell up

i agree with alan, why do these games always end up like this....Blade, i dont know how you deal with people in a day to day life, and however you do,and however you decide to interact with people on this board is totally up to you, but AFAIC, calling us idiots because you dont like the way we are playing or the decisions we are making IS 100% PERSONAL. if you dont realize that, and that the reason some people get so pissed with you is because you throw insults around like that, and then make it seem like we are the ones that have personal interaction issues. I generally like you, which i think you know, and i am generally a very calm guy, but people play this game and spend time on this board to relax, not to be called an idiot under any context. You are way out of line, and if i werent voting for you because i think you're a pirate, I would vote for you at this point because i want to enjoy this game...something that you are currently making difficult.

Maybe you should think about that.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:49 PM   #862
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i agree with alan, why do these games always end up like this....Blade, i dont know how you deal with people in a day to day life, and however you do,and however you decide to interact with people on this board is totally up to you, but AFAIC, calling us idiots because you dont like the way we are playing or the decisions we are making IS 100% PERSONAL. if you dont realize that, and that the reason some people get so pissed with you is because you throw insults around like that, and then make it seem like we are the ones that have personal interaction issues. I generally like you, which i think you know, and i am generally a very calm guy, but people play this game and spend time on this board to relax, not to be called an idiot under any context. You are way out of line, and if i werent voting for you because i think you're a pirate, I would vote for you at this point because i want to enjoy this game...something that you are currently making difficult.

Word up.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:04 PM   #863
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

I agree with Saladshooter
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:20 PM   #864
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
(Out of Game)
I'm not allowed to say anything in game right now, so this is purely out of game context. I just had to say something because its been bugging me lately. it seems like every game these days have been getting more and more heated personally in an OOC context. Not villagers putting the heat on the wolves, but instead insults, flames and discontent.

I'm not going to tell anyone to play the game in a style thats not their's, but all of the bashing takes away some of the fun for me. I know everyone won't always like each other, but can we make it a little more happy?

(end: Out of Game message)

Why aren't you allowed to say anything in the game right now? As far as I can tell, Blade was the only one in jail, and TazFTW and Desnudo are the only ones who are dead.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:20 PM   #865
Vince
Pro Starter

That last post should read SunDvls and Desnudo, not TazFTW and Desnudo.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:22 PM   #866
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
That last post should read SunDvls and Desnudo, not TazFTW and Desnudo.
Because he's camping Vince, come on.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:24 PM   #867
Vince
Pro Starter

Ah, good point. I'm going to go check who else is camping.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:26 PM   #868
Vince
Pro Starter

Dola -- Grammaticus is also camping -- kind of deflates Blade's logic of him not posting much (though it doesn't excuse him for the first day).

So far, I haven't seen anything that would convince me not to vote for Blade, though things are definitely getting murkier.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:27 PM   #869
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
Because he's camping Vince, come on.
i was actually wondering the same thing.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:30 PM   #870
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
i was actually wondering the same thing.

I was just giving Vince crap (we have been buddies outside of FOFC for like 8 years)

I didn't mean to offend you if I did.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:38 PM   #871
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Let me say that I 100% agree with all those who encourage this to be game related. Only one time has this game been anything but fun for me and it involved a certain edge so I understand the pushing of buttons but please step away if it's doing that. This is about fun. I apperciate what everyone does in their own way to make it fun.

Ok going to try and do the messages. Lynch might be a little late, though not much.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:39 PM   #872
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
ooc: Blade reminds me of Blair in The Thing...

There are a few probabilities to Blade's release:

1. Blade afforded bail
2. A fellow Treasure Hunter afforded bail
3. Swashbuckler freed him
4. Blade freed himself

I doubt #1, I strongly doubt #2...wouldn't he know who set bail for him? #4 present the case that Blade is the Swashbuckler; #3 implicates Blade as a pirate /unless/ the Pirates freed him to cause suspicion and make us waste another day voting him back in the brig.

The fly in the ointment is that we have Hoops stating what he is.

So now, we have to decide whether Hoops is forthright, or that Blade is.
Your best post in the thread Qwikshit.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:39 PM   #873
kingfc22
Head Coach

I wonder why Gramm and Alan both decided to camp so early.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:57 PM   #874
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Better to camp out early than to not at all?

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:59 PM   #875
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Screw this. I'm not giving out the gold I dug up yesterday. I'm putting it to my own good use.

Bid 3 gold
Old 02-23-2006, 07:01 PM   #876
kingfc22
Head Coach

So do we want somebody to verify Blade's role? I'm fairly confident that Hoops is telling the truth since the 7 GP needed to free Blade seems unlikely.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:18 PM   #877
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Shady slithers into your Hut. 3 GP? You will not be unhappy with the voyage that this envelope takes you on Ardent. Best wishes.

This time the puase is noticably longer until the police arrive.

"OK who are you saying is guilty today?"

A chorus of hands point to Blade.

"Yeah that was real original. OK Buddy you're coming with us."

Get those morning orders in ASAP. I will be going out of town Friday morning early until Sunday. This was last minute, but could not be avoided. Here's my plan:

Do orders normally tonight.
Have an evening deadline of Sunday at 8 AM. Ask all players to submit morning orders by 8 AM Monday. I will adjudicate the lynch later, voting would simply close. I should be home around 2 or so Sunday if you wish to wait to see what happens; alternatively if there's a dead person who would volunteer to help, that would work as well. Then proceed normally. Please let me know what you think.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 02-23-2006 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #878
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, back and caught up with the read. I wasn't sure what I was hoping for with Blade, but him being a pirate is what I expected to see. Now that he is back in jail again I would ask that someone else (besides Ardent) take it upon themselves to view him. They should see the same thing I did last night.

Path, thank you for the gold piece (hope I'm crediting the right person, tried to read quickly).

I'm not sure why Desnudo was trailed last night instead of me, but I'm hoping it is because the pirates did not get their orders updated after I switched mine late. I'm torn between just announcing my location and letting the pirates take the chance of coming for me (I expect to be watched if I announce) or working in a hide action to try and evade.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:26 PM   #879
path12
Coordinator

Hoops, did you get any information on a role or just a pirate?
Old 02-23-2006, 08:31 PM   #880
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Good question.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:32 PM   #881
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hi guys, sorry I have been out of touch.. I decided to do a little research of our little island. I'm still looking at some stuff, but I plan on having a full report of what i find after this morning.

Good work with Blade, I fully stand behind your choice there.

Right now I think my trust list is reading something like:

Full trust - No one

Good trust - Kwhit

Some trust - Path, Hoops

Some distrust - Raiders, Ardent, Vince, Penny

Hi distrust - Blade

As for why did I choose to camp out so early? Well I usually die some day by day 3 in these games, so I might as well do my part to help our monopoly before I go I plan on trying to further solidify my trust this turn and head to the bank and make a will out as well before this morning is over

Also I can verify a statement Path made earlier about seeing Grammaticus at D3. I saw both Path and Grammaticus, but no one else at D3 that same morning.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:35 PM   #882
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, had not even checked my PMs until you posted here - only had my message posted by Barkeep (one of two, different logic for pirate/TH) to know that he was a pirate.

After reading it I strongly believe that he is the scourge. I'm going to try and stay away from too closely quoting the PM after the "simple" fiasco last game, but I would expect that the person looking tonight will see the same thing I saw.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:39 PM   #883
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
After reading it I strongly believe that he is the scourge.

That makes sense. Part of his defense was that he hid twice in order to try to thwart the scourge.

My guess is that he (as the scourge) pored over the rules to see what tactics people might try to use to counter his abilities and that's where he got the idea of his defense.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:48 PM   #884
hoopsguy
General Manager

KWhit, you would be right near the top of my choices to scope out Blade tonight.

Others would include:
1. TazFTW - put heat on AE, has played good game
2. Saldana - appears to have been headed in same direction as Taz, also contributed to this
3. Path - know he was not Night 1 kill, brought heat on Blade
4. Alan T - would like to solidify trust with him, should have funds to do this

It is redundant and costs an extra 4 GP, but if people think that I'm a pirate and that Blade is an innocent treasure hunter then I get the logic behind doing this.

This will put a bigger bullseye on me, but I'm fine with that. I generally try to play the best game that I can for as long as the bad guys let me live when I don't have a special role.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:52 PM   #885
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
KWhit, you would be right near the top of my choices to scope out Blade tonight.

Others would include:
1. TazFTW - put heat on AE, has played good game
2. Saldana - appears to have been headed in same direction as Taz, also contributed to this
3. Path - know he was not Night 1 kill, brought heat on Blade
4. Alan T - would like to solidify trust with him, should have funds to do this

It is redundant and costs an extra 4 GP, but if people think that I'm a pirate and that Blade is an innocent treasure hunter then I get the logic behind doing this.

This will put a bigger bullseye on me, but I'm fine with that. I generally try to play the best game that I can for as long as the bad guys let me live when I don't have a special role.

I would be happy to do this, but I can't tonight. Because of my location and needing to get to the bank, I won't have enough APs to. I am happy to contibute to the cause as I can though. You mention you know Path was not the Night 1 kill. I think its safe to say Path is likely not Night 2 killer either as I saw him heading a different direction (same way I went). Thats why he is up a little on my trust list right now.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:56 PM   #886
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

I am also considering checking up on the evidence room but I don't have the gold to do it. stupid 1 gold squares

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:00 PM   #887
hoopsguy
General Manager

Taz, what do you need? If it is just 1 GP I can help you out there. I'll take an AP to do it this time around because it clears me and hangs a pirate.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:03 PM   #888
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Nah, I'll need more than 1 gold. I spent what I had on morning 2 and the place that I dug on morning 2 only gave me 1 gold.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:06 PM   #889
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I would be happy to do this, but I can't tonight. Because of my location and needing to get to the bank, I won't have enough APs to. I am happy to contibute to the cause as I can though. You mention you know Path was not the Night 1 kill. I think its safe to say Path is likely not Night 2 killer either as I saw him heading a different direction (same way I went). Thats why he is up a little on my trust list right now.
Hush you. Not until morning.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:08 PM   #890
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Hush you. Not until morning.

oh woops, sorry thought we were in morning cycle!

*back to my corner till morning cycle*
Old 02-23-2006, 09:08 PM   #891
KWhit
Coordinator

I honestly don't think we need to view him again tonight. I feel confident that he's a pirate. Viewing the evidence just puts one of us at risk of getting killed and uses up gold and AP. It would be nice to know for sure, but I'm 90% there already and at this point that's good enough for me.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:09 PM   #892
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Cheater.

Old 02-23-2006, 09:10 PM   #893
KWhit
Coordinator

When is the deadline to get our actions in? The thread title isn't updated.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:12 PM   #894
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Taz, what do you need? If it is just 1 GP I can help you out there. I'll take an AP to do it this time around because it clears me and hangs a pirate.

Hoops, if you want to give me back that gold piece I'll do it -- but only if others trust me to verify.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:14 PM   #895
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
I honestly don't think we need to view him again tonight. I feel confident that he's a pirate. Viewing the evidence just puts one of us at risk of getting killed and uses up gold and AP. It would be nice to know for sure, but I'm 90% there already and at this point that's good enough for me.

But then, I agree with this also. Either way is fine with me if we can come to a small consensus of the people online now.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:16 PM   #896
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm glad you can't camp out any more -- who's going to count votes?
Old 02-23-2006, 09:17 PM   #897
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, I can give it to you instead of Taz. I have a pretty good amount of trust in you, even without information that should not have been posted by that one guy ...

(cough ... ALAN .... cough)

Just let me know if one of you guys is going to go that route so I can have the proper actions submitted. If we aren't doing this then I want a little more flexibility on my actions tonight.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:24 PM   #898
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Nah, I'll need more than 1 gold. I spent what I had on morning 2 and the place that I dug on morning 2 only gave me 1 gold.
What square only allowed 1 gold pieces? I would hate it for us to not know what squares are duds and waste a turn digging in a location that someone knows is bad.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:30 PM   #899
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Path, I can give it to you instead of Taz. I have a pretty good amount of trust in you, even without information that should not have been posted by that one guy ...

(cough ... ALAN .... cough)

Just let me know if one of you guys is going to go that route so I can have the proper actions submitted. If we aren't doing this then I want a little more flexibility on my actions tonight.

We can go two ways with this. We can either do it tonight and publicly like this, or have one of us do it on our own in the next couple of days. I tend to agree with what KWhit said a few posts back -- I'm nearly positive Blade is bad anyway and don't have any reason as of yet to think you're lying......so I don't know how quickly we need to rush it.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:32 PM   #900
Vince
Pro Starter

Can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs...sad to see that I have somewhat earned the distrust of Alan T though. Was it simply my flip-flop on day one? Stupid technical difficulties with the website...