Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-13-2023, 08:15 AM   #851
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Man, that A&M/Miss State game was bad enough to get both head coaches fired!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 10:19 AM   #852
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Not fired yet (or officially). But yeah, doesn't look good for him.

FWIW, I'd give him one more year. Last year, QB and RB got hurt. This year, both OC and DC are new. IMO the DC was no big loss but it's clear the OC was.

The scuttlebutt is no timetable. So many are thinking after the season is done.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 01:58 PM   #853
Swaggs
Coordinator

With all of these leagues consolidating and trimming out the programs with less resources, I feel like some of these mid- to lower level P2 programs are in an impossible place. You have to take the opportunity to be in one of these conferences if it presents itself, but some of these programs that are expecting to compete nationally are going to end up at the bottom just by virtue of having a loser for every winner. It will be interesting to see how patient USC/Washington/Oregon and Oklahoma/Texas will be with the transition.

And, if they are successful, who are they pushing down?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 01:59 PM   #854
Swaggs
Coordinator

Stephen A. Smith wants Coach Prime to go to A&M.

If I were him, I'm not sure that is the job to move for.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 02:04 PM   #855
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
With all of these leagues consolidating and trimming out the programs with less resources, I feel like some of these mid- to lower level P2 programs are in an impossible place. You have to take the opportunity to be in one of these conferences if it presents itself, but some of these programs that are expecting to compete nationally are going to end up at the bottom just by virtue of having a loser for every winner. It will be interesting to see how patient USC/Washington/Oregon and Oklahoma/Texas will be with the transition.

And, if they are successful, who are they pushing down?

The SEC losers in a OU and Texas win scenario feel obvious to me, as unhappy as I am to say it: Tennessee and Ole Miss. Can Heupel figure out how to win (or even show up) on the road? Uncertain. The talent gap that Ole Miss suffers from doesn't feel sustainable success is possible. And Alabama, whenever Saban steps down, feels like an obvious decline candidate.

In the Big 10, I'd say Wisconsin and Iowa feel like the most likely to experience a decline in fortunes in a newcomers-are-successful scenario, with Penn State the other. As you noted, if the newcomers win then somebody has to be losing, and those are the ones who have at least managed to win some games up to that point.
Old 11-13-2023, 02:11 PM   #856
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

https://www.threads.net/@frontoffice...c4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Bobby B. move over. We have a new king.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 02:12 PM   #857
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Stephen A. Smith wants Coach Prime to go to A&M.

If I were him, I'm not sure that is the job to move for.

A 25 recruit decommitted from Colorado because he didnt know if Prime would be there.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 04:27 PM   #858
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I got bigger news than Prime or Harbaugh. Iowa's MVP Tory Taylor will not use his final year of eligibility.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 04:30 PM   #859
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
https://www.threads.net/@frontoffice...c4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Bobby B. move over. We have a new king.

It's absolutely insane there was no offset and he's free to take another job if he wanted to and they continue to pay him.

It sounds like he's going to retire, I sure as well would. TAMU set his family up for a very, very long time.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 04:52 PM   #860
RainMaker
General Manager

He's 58 and owed $77 million. Tough to get motivated about jumping in the coaching carousel to get a job at Florida International or whatever would be available. Probably ends up being a talking head on some college show.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 05:29 PM   #861
Ksyrup

Have you HEARD Jimbo talk? Thte FSU beat guys would laugh about how difficult transcribing him was.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-14-2023, 05:32 PM   #862
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
It's absolutely insane there was no offset and he's free to take another job if he wanted to and they continue to pay him.

It sounds like he's going to retire, I sure as well would. TAMU set his family up for a very, very long time.

I would too. This is insane... He owes Jameis a shitload of crab legs.

Old 11-14-2023, 05:58 PM   #863
Ksyrup

Saw this list on Reddit. A selection of the biggest name coaching changes in 2017-18. This is like one of those draft classes you look back on as a complete disaster.

Chip Kelly is the "success" story, at least in terms of length of tenure (although that's rumored to be short-lived). Kelly wasn't a total disaster but he certainly never hit any real high marks (one 9 win season is his best).

Not on this list, I guess Josh Heupel (hired at UCF) was the next best of the bunch, with maybe Mario Cristobal (Oregon) second? Slim pickins.

Quote:
Jimbo Fisher

Dan Mullen

Scott Frost

Jeremy Pruitt

Chad Morris

Willie Taggart

Herm Edwards

Chip Kelly

Yeesh. That's a LOT of buyout money.
Old 11-16-2023, 07:19 AM   #864
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Michigan State, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Ghost Econ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 02:31 PM   #865
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Lol.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 09:34 PM   #866
Ksyrup

Is there a "super duper, no doubt, extra targeting" penalty and suspension level? Because if so, this should be it.

Old 11-17-2023, 10:44 AM   #867
GrantDawg

And now Michigan has fired their linebackers coach. That must have been the other shoe that was going to fall that had them drop the TRO suit.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2023, 11:56 AM   #868
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
And now Michigan has fired their linebackers coach. That must have been the other shoe that was going to fall that had them drop the TRO suit.

I thought Jay Harbaugh was going to be the first coach fired. I'm wondering if his daddy is keeping him employed for now on threat of resigning.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 12:05 PM   #869
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Is there a "super duper, no doubt, extra targeting" penalty and suspension level? Because if so, this should be it.

That is a horrific thing to do to another player. But isn't it also a horrific thing to do to yourself?

I understand the targeting when you lower your head and hit the other guy while making a tackle. You should take more care to prevent it (hence the penalty), but I also get the sense that most of those guys aren't trying to go helmet to helmet.

Here, he braced, aimed, and slammed his head as hard as possible into another helmet.

Why?! Why would you do that to your own skull?!
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 12:05 PM   #870
GrantDawg

They are saying the linebackers coach was fired for destroying evidence during an NCAA investigation. He destroyed a computer that had evidence of the scouting scheme. They have also found the person that was funding the scheme was a long time Michigan booster. The NCAA gave Michigan the evidence yesterday, which is what prompted the dropping of the TRO.

Old 11-17-2023, 12:06 PM   #871
Ksyrup

It's almost like he transported himself into a soccer game and was going for a header. It's so bizarre.
Old 11-17-2023, 12:08 PM   #872
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

The booster goes by Uncle T... I guess Uncle Tom was taken.

While I don't think it's actually Tom Brady funding it, him being wrapped up in another SpyGate would be hilarious.

Sources: NCAA's evidence vs. Michigan included booster involvement in scouting scheme, attempted destruction of evidence

Also, isn't this the definition of lack of institutional control? They literally had no control on seemingly the entire institution of Michigan football.
Ghost Econ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 12:10 PM   #873
HerRealName
College Prospect

Tom Brady would be hilarious. Unfortunately, I think it's one the leaders of their NIL collective.
Old 11-17-2023, 02:17 PM   #874
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
The booster goes by Uncle T... I guess Uncle Tom was taken.

While I don't think it's actually Tom Brady funding it, him being wrapped up in another SpyGate would be hilarious.

Sources: NCAA's evidence vs. Michigan included booster involvement in scouting scheme, attempted destruction of evidence

Also, isn't this the definition of lack of institutional control? They literally had no control on seemingly the entire institution of Michigan football.
They have added that the linebacker coach also told players what to say about Stallions job to the NCAA investigators. That is what caused Michigan to immediately terminate him. They are still saying he didn't know about the scouting, but he was close friends with Stallions. He might have just been try to cover for his buddy.
Old 11-17-2023, 04:27 PM   #875
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
That is a horrific thing to do to another player. But isn't it also a horrific thing to do to yourself?

I understand the targeting when you lower your head and hit the other guy while making a tackle. You should take more care to prevent it (hence the penalty), but I also get the sense that most of those guys aren't trying to go helmet to helmet.

Here, he braced, aimed, and slammed his head as hard as possible into another helmet.

Why?! Why would you do that to your own skull?!

This goes back like 25 years but I remember being yelled at by coaches if you did this. It wasn't even really called back then but they were very clear that this is how you end up a paraplegic.
Old 11-17-2023, 08:03 PM   #876
miami_fan
Coordinator

Does any of this affect Michigan's status as America's team?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 12:30 AM   #877
RainMaker
General Manager

Washington State putting a licking on Colorado. Wow.
Old 11-18-2023, 07:56 AM   #878
Ksyrup

I saw a tweet that Deion should report a theft - his Louis was obviously stolen.
Old 11-18-2023, 11:03 AM   #879
Ksyrup

Apparently Miami was running a "buy 1 get 2 free" ticket promotion to get people to show up for a game against a top 10 team. Never change, Miami.
Old 11-18-2023, 12:57 PM   #880
bronconick
College Starter

John L Smith is making fun of Mario Cristobal’s in-game decisions.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 01:36 PM   #881
Kodos
Resident Alien

Here’s my broadcast innovation: I want to be able to hide scores from other games. We need a user-adjustable score bar at the bottom of the screen.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 02:07 PM   #882
GrantDawg

I stopped watching the Michigan-Terp game because it started looking like a blow out. It doesn't look like one now.
Old 11-18-2023, 02:08 PM   #883
bronconick
College Starter

Forcing Michigan to actually pass because Maryland's offense isn't a wet paper bag like Penn State.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 02:23 PM   #884
Thomkal
Head Coach

Coastal Carolina lost by a touchdown on the road at Army today. Next week has them back at home for a spot in the Sun Belt Championship against undefeated, but non-qualifying for a bowl game James Madison.

Last edited by Thomkal : 11-18-2023 at 02:45 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 02:26 PM   #885
GrantDawg

I'm sorry I went back to watching. Maryland has just completely lost the ability to move the ball since I flipped over. I will say from what I have seen of the Michigan offense the last couple of weeks, I wonder how they think they are keeping up with Ohio State next week.
Old 11-18-2023, 02:44 PM   #886
Atocep
Coordinator

Cincinnati is awful. I'm not sure how Emory Jones can be a 6th year senior and still be this bad.
Old 11-18-2023, 03:09 PM   #887
GrantDawg

Some times trick plays just work.
Old 11-18-2023, 03:52 PM   #888
GrantDawg

Carson Beck is not getting enough buzz. He has a strong arm, is very accurate, and does a good job reading defenses.
Old 11-18-2023, 04:43 PM   #889
GrantDawg

App State takes out another one. Beats James Madison in OT.
Old 11-18-2023, 04:52 PM   #890
Ksyrup

Second school (or a school/state rep) to threaten to sue and lose. UNC got what they wanted and still lost twice.
Old 11-18-2023, 04:54 PM   #891
Atocep
Coordinator

Jahiem White of WVU got his first start today and went for over 200 yards. He's now at 81 carries for 659 on the year which is 8.1ypc. He's the highest rated true freshman running back by PFF.

Last edited by Atocep : 11-18-2023 at 04:55 PM.
Old 11-18-2023, 04:55 PM   #892
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Thank you Appy State.
Old 11-18-2023, 04:56 PM   #893
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Carson Beck is not getting enough buzz. He has a strong arm, is very accurate, and does a good job reading defenses.

Playing against the UT secondary helps.
Old 11-18-2023, 04:59 PM   #894
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Playing against the UT secondary helps.
He has put up numbers against everybody. The SEC Championship game and beyond will tell the tale. If he looks sharp versus those defenses, I have a feeling he will be shooting up draft boards.
Old 11-18-2023, 05:04 PM   #895
miami_fan
Coordinator

Wait, they let Mike Bobo back on the UGA campus? I thought Steve Spurrier had a better chance of being the UGA OCf after Bobo's last stint as OC for the school.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 05:07 PM   #896
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Wait, they let Mike Bobo back on the UGA campus? I thought Steve Spurrier had a better chance of being the UGA OCf after Bobo's last stint as OC for the school.
There was a vocal minority that always bad-mouthed Bobo. The fact was his offenses were regularly top of the SEC. The biggest thing holding them back was Richt's marriage to "Old Man Football." Bobo definitely not calling Old Man Football now.

Edit: Todd F-ing Grantham is the guy not allowed anywhere near Georgia's campus. He did less with more than any man alive, and yet he just kept getting jobs. It was baffling.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 11-18-2023 at 05:11 PM.
Old 11-18-2023, 05:17 PM   #897
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I find it quite incredible that ANYONE thinks Tennessee -- or rather, Josh "Better Be Glad He Beat Bama Last Year" Heupel -- is actually serious about football when they keep sending Joe F'n Milton out at quarterback. As football players go, he ain't worth a damn, ain't never been worth a damn, and won't ever be worth a damn.

Either the much talked about but rarely seen backup is absolutely clueless and an even bigger waste of a scholarship & a jersey than Milton OR Heupel is clueless and got really lucky last year.

The only surprising thing about today's game is the first play. Otherwise, it's been exactly what I expected.

*And yes, I'm more than a little surprised that no one has uncovered some link between Joe F'n Milton and Reggie F'n Ball. 3rd cousins or something.
Old 11-18-2023, 05:19 PM   #898
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He has put up numbers against everybody. The SEC Championship game and beyond will tell the tale. If he looks sharp versus those defenses, I have a feeling he will be shooting up draft boards.

He's only seen one defense with a pulse all season, so yeah, let's see what it looks like if he happens to run into one.
Old 11-18-2023, 05:27 PM   #899
GrantDawg

If Joe Milton could throw an accurate ball, this would have been a game.
Old 11-18-2023, 05:37 PM   #900
HerRealName
College Prospect

I don't recall ever hearing a similar ref announcement to this one.

https://twitter.com/11W/status/1726014478108799144