Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-28-2023, 05:04 PM   #8851
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

And these numbers show the challenge: Just a moment...

"Less than half (48%) of Gen Z and millennials believe the U.S. should publicly voice support of Israel compared with 63% of Gen Xers, 83% of baby boomers and 86% of members of the Silent Generation, according to a recent NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll."
So do you chase the age group that lean the furthest left, but are also the least likely to show up or give donations while turning off the age groups that have the highest voter turn out and the vast majority of all political donations?

Tough choice.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 10-28-2023 at 05:05 PM.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 05:05 PM   #8852
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
"Narrowing" shows Palestinian support at it is "highest" and it is still 23% in favor of Israel and with only 31% in favor of Palestinians. Ignoring the 54% in favor of the 31% is not exactly great political strategy.

Who do you think is the voting base for Biden in those charts?
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 05:06 PM   #8853
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Who do you think is the voting base for Biden in those charts?
He can't win without either age group. He gets a high percentage of the youth vote, but a higher base number from the older age groups.
Old 10-28-2023, 05:14 PM   #8854
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He can't win without either age group. He gets a high percentage of the youth vote, but a higher base number from the older age groups.

Well he's chosen his group. We'll see how it works out for him next year.
Old 10-29-2023, 08:24 PM   #8855
GrantDawg

Interesting stuff.
Old 10-30-2023, 08:58 AM   #8856
PilotMan
Head Coach

That's so sad. The bar has been moved so many times for what people are willing to hold their nose over and vote for.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 12:32 PM   #8857
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

The problem with an entrenched 2-party state is that most of the time you're going to be voting for someone who roughly aligns with you (at best) over someone who doesn't align with you at all (also at best).
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 04:11 PM   #8858
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I think it comes down to turnout. There was a lot of motivation in 2020 to vote Trump out of office. I don't know if you'll have that same motivation after 4 years of not much changing. Then again, I don't know if Trump's indictments and just tiredness of him will keep Republicans home.

It'll come down to turnout and margins are thin in many states. I do think the war is really bad for Joe if it drags out like many seem to think it will.
Old 10-30-2023, 05:38 PM   #8859
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I also think it matters if you're in a swing state or not too. I'll never vote for Biden again, but I'm also in a state that doesn't matter. Understand why someone in a swing state would hold their nose and vote for him even if I wouldn't.
Old 10-30-2023, 05:46 PM   #8860
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Who are you going to vote for, the Greens?
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 06:10 PM   #8861
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Who are you going to vote for, the Greens?

In Illinois you don't have to vote in every race. So I'll probably just skip it unless there is some interesting 3rd party candidate. Maybe I'll just mark Cornel West down if he's on the ballot. It really doesn't matter in Illinois.
Old 10-31-2023, 08:11 PM   #8862
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Michigan, Virginia, and Pennsylvania have large Arab populations.

Old 10-31-2023, 09:24 PM   #8863
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Michigan, Virginia, and Pennsylvania have large Arab populations.

The6 will really enjoy the internment camps once Trump is in power.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 11:49 PM   #8864
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
The6 will really enjoy the internment camps once Trump is in power.

You know he was President and that didn't happen, right? Kind of tough to scare people with the same stuff from 2016.
Old 11-01-2023, 12:51 AM   #8865
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Trump is often treated as a Sponge of Infinite Evil. He's guilty not only of the many, many serious evils he actually has committed or attempted, but also of any other bad things that one can imagine. All of these can be attributed to him as well, regardless of whether or not he actually did them.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 06:50 AM   #8866
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
You know he was President and that didn't happen, right? Kind of tough to scare people with the same stuff from 2016.

Yeah you know that we have far less safe guards. Hey I get it Biden is an old fart but where are the better options. I would vote for almost anyone as a D and that even includes a Bernie who would be an old fart too. I agree the good ole boy democratic machine needs to wake the f up and get someone charismatic and young to run. I wish they could get a guy like Wes Moore to run.

This all being said this will turn out far worse for this country this time around if Trump gets in there. I am a white middle aged straight vet and technology executive and really am not concerned about MAGA affecting my life. I just don’t think it is worth the risk to say yeah I will sit home knowing this gets the MAGAs party back in power. But you bros do you.

Last edited by Galaril : 11-01-2023 at 07:11 AM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 07:42 AM   #8867
GrantDawg

Does anyone else see the obvious, glaring missing element in this statement?
Old 11-01-2023, 07:53 AM   #8868
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I also think it matters if you're in a swing state or not too. I'll never vote for Biden again, but I'm also in a state that doesn't matter. Understand why someone in a swing state would hold their nose and vote for him even if I wouldn't.

Cool. I cannot imagine not voting for all Blues regardless. They at least want to protect voter rights and eliminate the gerrymandering which then could bring an influx of viable candidates, whereas if you let Republicans win, you won't have to worry about voting ever again.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 07:56 AM   #8869
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Trump is often treated as a Sponge of Infinite Evil. He's guilty not only of the many, many serious evils he actually has committed or attempted, but also of any other bad things that one can imagine. All of these can be attributed to him as well, regardless of whether or not he actually did them.

He is, and the world will be better when he is no longer here. It's not that he's a piece of shit, he allows the justification of others to forcefully engage in shitty horrific behavior and justify it by "telling it like it is".

There has never been more of a downgrade in American existance to this point. I at least can read of during the Civil War that most who engaged did respect the others they fought against. They believed in the cause even if it was morally repugnant.

The people who support Trump and justify his behavior don't believe in a cause, they just want to destroy America for anyone who isn't them, and if they can't get what they want, then burn it all down.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 02:55 PM   #8870
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
Cool. I cannot imagine not voting for all Blues regardless. They at least want to protect voter rights and eliminate the gerrymandering which then could bring an influx of viable candidates, whereas if you let Republicans win, you won't have to worry about voting ever again.

They didn't do anything to protect voter rights or eliminate gerrymandering while controlling the White House, House, and Senate.
Old 11-01-2023, 03:03 PM   #8871
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Yeah you know that we have far less safe guards. Hey I get it Biden is an old fart but where are the better options. I would vote for almost anyone as a D and that even includes a Bernie who would be an old fart too. I agree the good ole boy democratic machine needs to wake the f up and get someone charismatic and young to run. I wish they could get a guy like Wes Moore to run.

This all being said this will turn out far worse for this country this time around if Trump gets in there. I am a white middle aged straight vet and technology executive and really am not concerned about MAGA affecting my life. I just don’t think it is worth the risk to say yeah I will sit home knowing this gets the MAGAs party back in power. But you bros do you.

Our proxy is carpet bombing civilian refugee camps and Biden is out there begging for more money for bombs. Not about being an "old fart" or some tax policy dispute, I'm not voting for someone pushing for genocide and the mass murder of civilians on our dime. Same reason I wouldn't vote for Bush or any other war criminal.

If that's the best alternative they can come up with to Trump, best of luck.
Old 11-01-2023, 05:30 PM   #8872
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
They didn't do anything to protect voter rights or eliminate gerrymandering while controlling the White House, House, and Senate.

You mean the "control" of the Senate with half-GOPers Manchin and Sinema blocking any chance of passing the voting right bills passed in the House by a simple majority due to the filibuster?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 06:05 PM   #8873
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
You mean the "control" of the Senate with half-GOPers Manchin and Sinema blocking any chance of passing the voting right bills passed in the House by a simple majority due to the filibuster?

So if the filibuster protects us from anything happening, the vote isn't that important anyway.
Old 11-01-2023, 06:26 PM   #8874
Ksyrup

If you don't think it's important or something that needs protecting by more than one party, then why does it matter that it didn't pass?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 11-01-2023 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-01-2023, 07:08 PM   #8875
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Interesting, it's the Republicans making Tuberville dig his "I won't allow any promotions due to woke abortion policy in the Armed Forces" grave even deeper..

They're asking for a voice vote on 376 pending promotions, asking for unanimous consent, so Tuberville will have to object 376 times. If he leaves the floor (and doesn't get anyone to cover for him), they'll pass them all without him.

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/stat...64437782249669
Old 11-01-2023, 08:13 PM   #8876
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

But the other 99 want to stay little kings so they won't curtail the power of one senator to hold things up.
Old 11-01-2023, 08:26 PM   #8877
GrantDawg

The whole system on the Senate is stupid. I don't know they get anything done. As it is, they do very little.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2023, 09:47 PM   #8878
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Interesting, it's the Republicans making Tuberville dig his "I won't allow any promotions due to woke abortion policy in the Armed Forces" grave even deeper..

They're asking for a voice vote on 376 pending promotions, asking for unanimous consent, so Tuberville will have to object 376 times. If he leaves the floor (and doesn't get anyone to cover for him), they'll pass them all without him.

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/stat...64437782249669

I honestly don't think Tuberville understands the depth of the damage he's doing. He thinks these people just show up every day in an acting role and there's no real harm done.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 09:49 PM   #8879
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Now Vance is saying he'll block every appointment to Justice.
Old 11-02-2023, 01:49 AM   #8880
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The whole system on the Senate is stupid. I don't know they get anything done. As it is, they do very little.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

yet they're a figurative dragster in speed compared to the House
Old 11-02-2023, 07:20 AM   #8881
Edward64
Head Coach

Comparing Muslims vs Jewish populations.

Muslim Population by State 2023 - Wisevoter
Quote:
The Muslim population rate in the United States is steadily increasing. Studies estimate that there are currently 3.45 million Muslims living in America, representing approximately 1.1% of the total population.
Quote:
(1) New Jersey 3%
(2) New York 2%
(3) California 1%
(4) Illinois 1%
(5) Texas 1%

Jewish Population by State [Updated March 2023]
Quote:
In the United States, it is estimated that there are between 5.7 million and 10 million Jewish people. This group is known as Jewish Americans. Most Jewish Americans – as many as 95% -- are Ashkenazi Jews that were descended from the Jews of Eastern and Central Europe. The majority of these people were born in the United States.
Quote:
(1) New York: 9.1%
(2) District of Columbia: 8.2%
(3) New Jersey: 6.1%
(4) Massachusetts: 4.3%
(5) Maryland: 3.9%
(6) Connecticut: 3.3%
(7) California: 3%
(8) Florida: 3%
(9) Nevada: 2.5%
(10) Illinois: 2.3%

I'm sure there'll be election polls that delineates Jews/Muslims voters sentiments all through next year. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

If I was Muslim, I would struggle between Joe vs Trump. How Jews will vote depends on how this plays out and how strong Joe's conviction is.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 07:40 AM   #8882
GrantDawg

Interesting, because I would have put money on there being more Muslims than Jewish citizens.
Old 11-02-2023, 08:12 AM   #8883
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Interesting, because I would have put money on there being more Muslims than Jewish citizens.

Old 11-02-2023, 08:44 AM   #8884
Ksyrup

Quote:

According to my mother, they have overrun parts of the Dallas suburbs and are threatening to turn it into another Dearborn where people will be openly praying in the streets 5 times a day.
Old 11-02-2023, 10:39 AM   #8885
Danny
Head Coach

Id guess that a decent amount of jewish people are that from heritage and culture but are not actively practicing and have no real connection to israel. I am jewish, not actively practicing and have negative opinions of the atrocities from all parties involved in the current conflict.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 10:42 AM   #8886
Kodos
Resident Alien

It just feels like a conflict that will never be resolved because there are extremists on both sides who simply refuse the live and let live. And so innocents on both sides continue to get caught in the crossfire.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 01:51 PM   #8887
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
According to my mother, they have overrun parts of the Dallas suburbs and are threatening to turn it into another Dearborn where people will be openly praying in the streets 5 times a day.
There was plans to build the largest mosque east of Atlanta about 3 miles from me, along with a school and 21 acres of residences. There were huge protests at the time but the county couldn't stop the construction legally. It was never built, though. I have no idea what caused it to fall through.
Old 11-02-2023, 02:27 PM   #8888
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
There was plans to build the largest mosque east of Atlanta about 3 miles from me, along with a school and 21 acres of residences. There were huge protests at the time but the county couldn't stop the construction legally. It was never built, though. I have no idea what caused it to fall through.

I used to drive 25 min to get a haircut at a mall. The drive would take me past a large Shirdi Sai temple, big parking lot etc. It was off the side of a 2-lane highway. There were plenty of houses (and a couple subdivisions) around it, including houses opposite the temple.

The temple was an eyesore from my POV (and likely from most western homeowners on that road).

I'm surprised that zoning allowed it. No problem in the temple itself but if built in the middle of a residential area, I'd want 2 additional criteria. A traffic light for temple services (again, it was just a 2-lane highway) and nice tall cypress trees to better hide it from view.

I fully admit this is a prejudice/bias. I would still be critical of a church being built opposite me but admit I wouldn't be as critical as that is more of a "norm".
Old 11-02-2023, 06:30 PM   #8889
Ksyrup

As if listening to months and months of political ads hasn't been bad enough, we're now down to the final few days and the GOP governor candidate has pulled out the big guns, releasing a couple of Trump-narrated commercials. My wife and I have been muting the TV pretty much during all commercials for the past couple of months. Tonight, when we heard Trump's voice, we both reached for the remote and I accidentally switched it from YTTV to Netflix. I told my wife I'd rather watch Netflix than listen to NutFucks.
Old 11-02-2023, 06:50 PM   #8890
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:

There have been a couple of attempts at building a new mosque near me - both got blocked by local commissions, one in 2000 and one in 2007, the latter bringing about a lawsuit (though I think it was from the prospective seller of the 224 acre farm). It looks like a new site was finally found this year.
Old 11-02-2023, 09:18 PM   #8891
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Id guess that a decent amount of jewish people are that from heritage and culture but are not actively practicing and have no real connection to israel. I am jewish, not actively practicing and have negative opinions of the atrocities from all parties involved in the current conflict.

Orthodox care about Israel, the rest don't. Israel is mostly about evangelical Christians who fetishize it.
Old 11-04-2023, 04:28 PM   #8892
miked
College Starter

It's hilarious that Muslims would think they would have it better under a Trump administration (in America). Trump was a huge Netanyahu fan, wanted them to move the embassy to Jerusalem, and was generally in favor of settlements and more. He also wanted to ban travel from Muslim countries. But hey, vote for him because Biden has not scolded Israel enough.
Old 11-04-2023, 04:56 PM   #8893
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
It's hilarious that Muslims would think they would have it better under a Trump administration (in America). Trump was a huge Netanyahu fan, wanted them to move the embassy to Jerusalem, and was generally in favor of settlements and more. He also wanted to ban travel from Muslim countries. But hey, vote for him because Biden has not scolded Israel enough.
I think it is more a "stay home" situation. It is just as moronic because it helps elect the guy who would happily deport them from the country just by the basis of their religion, but on its own understandable as the Biden administration has miss played this spectacularly. Of course, I really don't see a way Biden could have threaded this needle.
Old 11-04-2023, 05:27 PM   #8894
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post

Seems like there is no difference between candidates on the issue. So why bother showing up? "Not funding genocide" feels like a pretty low bar for a Presidential candidate to pass to get your vote.
Old 11-05-2023, 01:00 AM   #8895
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Seems like there is no difference between candidates on the issue. So why bother showing up? "Not funding genocide" feels like a pretty low bar for a Presidential candidate to pass to get your vote.

Ah, the single issue voter that dems mocked conservatives for being in their support for abortion bans.

When it comes to Israel, there wouldn't be much difference between anyone that has a reasonable shot at the White House. The President alone isn't going to being able to against decades of history and congress . When it comes to allies, sometimes you have to be friends with shitty people to keep your interests safe. It sucks, but it's the reality of the world we live in. Biden has at least acknowledged that there has to be a 2 state solution once this over whereas Trump would likely be pushing Israel to just drop a nuke on Palestine. But, both sides. It's all the same. We should just vote for Trump because they're essentially the same person trying to destroy our democracy, they're both openly talking about banning and deporting Palestinians from the country, and they both tried to make peace deals between Israel and Palestine that effectively annexed Palestine, correct?

Not voting for Biden over this when the alternative is as bad as it could be is one of the stupidest things I could imagine anyone on the left doing. And, of course, if Trump were to win in this scenario we'd again have those that didn't vote for Biden blaming the Biden supporters for Trump being President. 2016 all over again.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 08:28 AM   #8896
Edward64
Head Coach

Nice, Joe. Nice

Fresh revelations contradict Joe Biden’s sweeping denials on Hunter - POLITICO
Quote:
Fresh revelations contradict Joe Biden’s sweeping denials on Hunter

The president hasn’t been shown to have committed wrongdoing, but a POLITICO review of recent developments casts doubts on several statements.

It's pretty obvious the below original statement is inaccurate.

Quote:
After the issue of Biden relatives’ business dealings first came up in 2019, Joe Biden issued a sweeping denial that distanced himself from his family’s commercial pursuits: “I have never discussed, with my son or my brother or with anyone else, anything having to do with their businesses. Period,” he told reporters in Spartanburg, South Carolina, that August.

They've tried to amend that statement without actually saying they're amending it. So, GOP continues to pick at it.

All this because the black sheep couldn't remember to pay for his laptop repairs and abandoned the laptop.
Old 11-06-2023, 01:40 PM   #8897
Ksyrup

Whatever happened to the simpler times when idiot family members were like Billy Carter and Roger Clinton?
Old 11-06-2023, 02:42 PM   #8898
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Ah, the single issue voter that dems mocked conservatives for being in their support for abortion bans.

Why would Dems mock conservatives on that? The conservatives won. Roe v Wade was overturned. It's illegal in half the states. Seemed like their strategy worked.

Now maybe you can overlook your tax dollars paying for some light genocide if he was crushing it domestically, but he doesn't do shit here either. Oh I guess I can get a $500 rebate if I switch to an electric stove. 4 more years!
Old 11-06-2023, 02:44 PM   #8899
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

The funniest part of the Hunter Biden thing is that the people who bribed Hunter were actually mad in the e-mails that Hunter wasn't able to get to his Dad at all.
Old 11-06-2023, 02:45 PM   #8900
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
When it comes to allies, sometimes you have to be friends with shitty people to keep your interests safe. It sucks, but it's the reality of the world we live in.

What is it Israel provides us as an ally? The negatives seem to far outweight the positives here.