Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-23-2021, 01:58 PM   #8851
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I was curious about this so I went to his site (and did not find it).

Apparently, his new slogan, apparently, is "Save America". But at least a third of the items on his site have "Don't blame me, I voted for Trump" or something like it on them. They do really get the context of "Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos" - actually, I know the answer to that. Don't get and don't care are two different things.

SI

Guess it's an e-mail/text blast to get the $45 t-shirt.

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 02:05 PM   #8852
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I think most will end up getting the shot but will blame Biden and the Dems for "forcing" them to. More holocaust references incoming

Tell them they can get a participation ribbon or a trophy if it makes them feel special.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 02:09 PM   #8853
PilotMan
Head Coach

We drove to Dayton this week and there's a very large church that has a jesus statue outside of it (you may have heard of the previous one that caught fire when it was hit by lightning, I thought it was zombie jesus because he was rising out of the ground..anyway) on the light up marquee was the flashing display "STAND UP FOR YOUR MEDICAL FREEDOMS"......so that's totally apolitical for sure.

Like Steam?

Old 08-23-2021, 02:15 PM   #8854
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
We drove to Dayton this week and there's a very large church that has a jesus statue outside of it (you may have heard of the previous one that caught fire when it was hit by lightning, I thought it was zombie jesus because he was rising out of the ground..anyway) on the light up marquee was the flashing display "STAND UP FOR YOUR MEDICAL FREEDOMS"......so that's totally apolitical for sure.

Guessing not a pro-choice message.
Old 08-23-2021, 02:43 PM   #8855
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I'll take false equivalencies for $100 Mike.

Wait a second... Brian Schwartz... BS... Ben Shapiro... BS....

Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 03:19 PM   #8856
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Guess it's an e-mail/text blast to get the $45 t-shirt.

They should have been branded Freedom Passes all along. What a missed oportunity. If nothing else, to piss those off that won't ever get it anyway on their own.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 03:24 PM   #8857
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostEcon

Given the level of disregard for basic logic, misuse of data and disregard of those that aren't convenient, unjustified ad hominem, distortions, and general hypocrisy that has become par for the course particularly recently around here, this is a truly hilarious take.
Brian Swartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 03:35 PM   #8858
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
New one! And now one of my favorites. Sweet jam.

That's a great channel
Old 08-23-2021, 05:55 PM   #8859
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
I'll take false equivalencies for $100 Mike.

If you talk to obese people about the treatment they generally receive from the medical community, walking out would be an upgrade.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:23 PM   #8860
Atocep
Coordinator

An estimated breakdown of the calls my wife gets for the UW Covid response team:

20% confused about who is eligible for the booster because it's only approved for immuno-compromised people rather than by an age group
20% want the booster and are eligible

20% inquiring about covid test results

15% scheduling their vaccination

10% wanting a booster so that the mask mandate won't apply to them (it still does)

10% wanting the "treatment Trump got"

5% everything else

Last month she took roughly 350 calls. As of yesterday morning she was over 750 for this month with a week to go.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 06:01 PM   #8861
PilotMan
Head Coach

Our city shares a post from the Northern Kentucky department of health, reporting cases and deaths. Encouraging people to get vaccinated. Our area is still deep red, but more blue than most of the state. Look at the people who comment on this. Why does a certain type of person feel like they must comment? And look at how many pro v. anti vax posts.

I still can't believe this is the standard mindset, after all this time.

https://www.facebook.com/31342357115...1590926406151/

Like Steam?

Old 08-25-2021, 06:36 AM   #8862
Edward64
Head Coach

Great news. I'm ready for my booster!

We've had J&J and Pfizer in the news recently. Moderna has been kinda quiet about booster or getting fully approved by FDA.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/25/healt...ata/index.html
Quote:
Booster doses of Johnson & Johnson's one-shot coronavirus vaccine generated a big spike in antibodies, the frontline immune system defenses against infection, the company reported Wednesday.

People who received a booster six to eight months after their initial J&J shots saw antibodies increase nine-fold higher than 28 days after the first shot, Johnson & Johnson said.

The data comes from two Phase 2 studies conducted in the United States and Europe, the company said in a statement. Some of the 2,000 or so people in the studies got booster doses six months after their first doses of J&J's Janssen vaccine.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 07:11 AM   #8863
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Our city shares a post from the Northern Kentucky department of health, reporting cases and deaths. Encouraging people to get vaccinated. Our area is still deep red, but more blue than most of the state. Look at the people who comment on this. Why does a certain type of person feel like they must comment? And look at how many pro v. anti vax posts.

Same deal here. We are the #1 county in KY for percentage of vaccinated adults and yet our local community FB page is overrun with ridiculous comments. It's definitely a vocal minority.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 07:51 AM   #8864
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I like the woman who says she personally knows 12 people who have died from blood clots after getting the vaccine.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 09:24 AM   #8865
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I like the woman who says she personally knows 12 people who have died from blood clots after getting the vaccine.

And her Facebook page says she works at urgent care.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 09:35 AM   #8866
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Came across some Australian doc selling a book series where he claims over 500,000 people have had adverse reactions to the vaccine and more than 10,000 have died in just the US alone. It then asks, is that just 1% of the real numbers????

So, over a million people have died from just the vaccine for a virus that doesn't really exist and the media is just like... "sure, we'll go along with that." I can't even follow that reasoning.

But what can I say, my co-worker has refused to get the vaccine because he thinks he'll be fine. But his daughter can't get it because she's immunocompromised and literally almost died due to reactions to some vaccines when she was younger. So you would think he would do it just to keep his daughter safer, but nope.
Old 08-25-2021, 10:32 AM   #8867
Flasch186
Coordinator

Trump > family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 11:26 AM   #8868
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:

There's a psychological thing at work here... it's a gruesome variant on the thing that makes "urban legends" so pervasive.

We heard the story about our friend's sister's neighbor who bought that dog in Mexico... but then as we are about to re-tell the story, some tiny little voice in our heads seems to whisper "if you actually say it's your friend's sister's neighbor you are gonna sound silly...and this story is true, so don't leave all that stuff in" and we re-tell it but say it's our sister who bought the dog. Thus, the absurdity remains hidden from view... in a really strange way. I'm convinced that this white lie is central to so many such stories getting passed around as true by so many people. We've decided they are and then we retroactively whitewash the particulars that we skipped over when we heard it.

Anyway... I bet she "read on facebook" about all the dead people with blood clots. But she intuitively knows that saying that won't persuade anyone, so she ups the ante and says she knows the people who died which is patently absurd but sounds daunting and definitive, to her mind.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 11:29 AM   #8869
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

So wait, tell me more about your sister's neighbor's brother's Mexican dog story.
Old 08-25-2021, 12:23 PM   #8870
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Delta adding $200 a month to the insurance cost for unvaccinated employees. I wonder how common that will be.
Old 08-25-2021, 12:30 PM   #8871
Kodos
Resident Alien

That could be effective as a motivator.
Old 08-25-2021, 12:46 PM   #8872
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Delta adding $200 a month to the insurance cost for unvaccinated employees. I wonder how common that will be.

It will be interesting to see how it holds up in court.

Obviously life insurance premiums vary based on a persons habits, but does employer provided health insurance?
Old 08-25-2021, 12:51 PM   #8873
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
It will be interesting to see how it holds up in court.

Obviously life insurance premiums vary based on a persons habits, but does employer provided health insurance?

My company has a premium for smokers so I think this is the same principle. It is self-reported but I believe it would be grounds for termination if you lied.
Old 08-25-2021, 12:52 PM   #8874
Ksyrup

The employer's cost is based on the health experience of all those covered under a plan. This is why nearly everyone's insurance costs go up every year or two, or your employer changes up the plans or switches to another insurer.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-25-2021, 01:02 PM   #8875
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

At my current job parts of our benefits are tied into participating in the wellness program.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:05 PM   #8876
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
At my current job parts of our benefits are tied into participating in the wellness program.

But are people charged more for not participating?
Old 08-25-2021, 01:10 PM   #8877
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

I'm pro-vax, but I don't like this.

It is a very small step to ObEsITy iS A ChoIcE or "Why should I pay to cover your STD?" or "You knew that certain diseases ran in your family and you chose to have kids anyway?" and then eventually to a pre-ACA world where everyone could get insurance as long as they were completely healthy.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 01:11 PM   #8878
QuikSand
lolzcat

Got my first test today, after an event I attended had some high profile positives pop
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 01:15 PM   #8879
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Got my first test today, after an event I attended had some high profile positives pop

Good luck. Hope you are neg.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:38 PM   #8880
molson
General Manager

Companies like Delta can and should just require their employees to be vaccinated. Many other companies have, especially now in light of FDA approval. A $200 monthly surcharge to stay on is generous. (And reckless)

Last edited by molson : 08-25-2021 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:40 PM   #8881
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:

We have a Health Expectations Plan where I work. If you don't go to the recommended appointments and get your recommended treatments (ex. colonoscopy or alternative procedure), you are docked $25 each pay period (each week).

Last edited by Kodos : 08-25-2021 at 01:41 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 02:17 PM   #8882
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:

Yes
Old 08-25-2021, 02:23 PM   #8883
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

It is a very small step to ObEsITy iS A ChoIcE or "Why should I pay to cover your STD?" or "You knew that certain diseases ran in your family and you chose to have kids anyway?" and then eventually to a pre-ACA world where everyone could get insurance as long as they were completely healthy.

I can see this but there is a tobacco surcharge already on most (if not all) insurance health plans.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 02:46 PM   #8884
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Obesity is not a contagious disease that can wipe out your whole crew for a couple of weeks. But it is a fair points since they are a self-insurer.

Also, it seems like unvaccinated employees cost the company more money. They have to be tested regularly and provided with additional PPE. They are a considerable liability too.

These people want everything to be run like a business and they're going to find out that when you lower your value, you don't make as much money.
Old 08-25-2021, 03:20 PM   #8885
Ksyrup

Yes but to Albion's point, obese workers cost employers (and their co-employees) more money in health insurance premiums. So it could be a slippery slope on the way to making insurance unaffordable or unavailable for the most at-risk people. Insurance is premised on the idea of spreading risk, and that includes both low and high risk. So there's always going to be some aspect of low risk insureds subsidizing a high risk group (be it health, life, homeowners, etc.).

Last edited by Ksyrup : 08-25-2021 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-25-2021, 03:31 PM   #8886
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

One of my co-workers came to work today with sniffles and a cough, and went home after progressively getting worse all day. Luckily, I don't come into contact with my co-workers daily.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 04:11 PM   #8887
miami_fan
Coordinator

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ivermet...-fda-warnings/
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 07:19 PM   #8888
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

For me, the folks who participate in the wellness program get a yearly discount. There are 3 things you can do and each has a discount associated. Do all 3 and you save $1000 per year.

I think it is all about phrasing. Those who don't participate are paying the 'normal' rate.
Old 08-25-2021, 09:38 PM   #8889
JeeberD
General Manager

This HR pro says yes, an employer can absolutely charge employees more for not getting a vaccine. And hopefully more companies follow Delta's lead.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 06:37 AM   #8890
whomario
Pro Starter

At some point those in Media need to have a long hard Talk about how they 1) write headlines and 2) 'place' them on google or google news .

New NYT article on google:
"Myocarditis more common after Covid19 vaccination, study finds"

Open it and headline is now: "Heart Problem More Common After Covid-19 Than After Vaccination, Study Finds"

Really, NYT ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 12:04 PM   #8891
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Some of you have heard this I'm sure before, but I was treated to a new phrase today.

A 'maskhole'. So far as I can tell, it refers to somebody who believes in the mainstream view of masks being a useful tool against spreading airborne disease. Or perhaps, just someone who is particularly aggressive towards those who don't believe this.

What wonderful new adventures in vocabulary this pandemic doth bring to our culture.
Old 08-26-2021, 12:13 PM   #8892
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
At some point those in Media need to have a long hard Talk about how they 1) write headlines and 2) 'place' them on google or google news .

New NYT article on google:
"Myocarditis more common after Covid19 vaccination, study finds"

Open it and headline is now: "Heart Problem More Common After Covid-19 Than After Vaccination, Study Finds"

Really, NYT ?

Yeah, that's pretty misleading.
Old 08-26-2021, 12:16 PM   #8893
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Yes but to Albion's point, obese workers cost employers (and their co-employees) more money in health insurance premiums. So it could be a slippery slope on the way to making insurance unaffordable or unavailable for the most at-risk people. Insurance is premised on the idea of spreading risk, and that includes both low and high risk. So there's always going to be some aspect of low risk insureds subsidizing a high risk group (be it health, life, homeowners, etc.).

I agree it's not a good setup, but the people who are fighting the vaccine/masks/etc the hardest are the ones who want government as far away from their health care as possible.

So if you cheerleaded for Delta Airlines to control your health care for the past few decades, you are getting exactly what you asked for.

Old 08-26-2021, 12:42 PM   #8894
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
So wait, tell me more about your sister's neighbor's brother's Mexican dog story.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw the dog pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 11:44 AM   #8895
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

How the antidepressant fluvoxamine emerged as a promising Covid-19 treatment - Vox

Some very promising news about a possible COVID treatment.

Not sure if the horse-dewormer set will jump on this because it is a COVID treatment that isn't vaccines, or if they will reject it b/c science indicates that it might work.

They seem OK with the monoclonal antibodies, so hopefully, they will accept this, too.
Old 08-27-2021, 11:59 AM   #8896
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

They seem OK with the monoclonal antibodies, so hopefully, they will accept this, too.

Entirely because Trump took it. They call it the Trump medicine when talking to my wife.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 12:11 PM   #8897
molson
General Manager

Trump took a vaccine too. I haven't figured out why that doesn't count as something they should emulate.
Old 08-27-2021, 12:17 PM   #8898
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Because it's not just about Trump? That's just something latched onto when it's convenient.
Old 08-27-2021, 02:21 PM   #8899
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Side effect of maybe being less angry all the time?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 12:25 AM   #8900
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Capitol riot lawyer who said he would never get vaccine has Covid and is on ventilator | The Independent

also Kyle Rittenhouse's lawyer
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote