Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-23-2018, 01:49 PM   #8801
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

U.S. imposes more North Korea sanctions; targets ships, firms

Whenever I read something like I think, "Is there really anything more left to sanction?"
Old 02-23-2018, 02:13 PM   #8802
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AENeuman View Post
Is it FBI, and Muller/rosenstien? You would describe them as dems out to get trump?

It is somewhat amusing how Mueller, a lifelong Republican, is all of a sudden supposed to be some partisan Democrat just trying to get back at Trump.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:17 PM   #8803
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
It is somewhat amusing how Mueller, a lifelong Republican, is all of a sudden supposed to be some partisan Democrat just trying to get back at Trump.

Obviously a "Deep State" Republican is the same as a Democrat.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:47 PM   #8804
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Possibly an entry for the Mt. Rushmore of stupid.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:25 PM   #8805
molson
General Manager

And if you look at the date of the false statement from the charging information, paragraph 39 (February 1), it's the same day Gates' lawyers bailed from the case for reasons they would only explain in a sealed filing with the court.

Lawyers for Rick Gates withdraw from Russia case - POLITICO

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...nformation.pdf

Last edited by molson : 02-23-2018 at 03:28 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 07:20 AM   #8806
Edward64
Head Coach

I don't really believe it but when I read this my initial thought was "typical liberal, west coast, wine sipping, nosy neighbor, better than thou southerners elitist".

And no, the story isn't because of the "all things political" climate, its your ignorance, just admit it gracefully and fade away.

https://www.si.com/olympics/2018/02/...-was-norwegian
Quote:
A news tip earlier this week that reported a Confederate flag flying beneath an American flag in the Greenwood neighborhood of Seattle, Washington was discovered to be a mistake — because the red and blue-striped flag was actually a Norwegian flag.

The Seattle Times received the following tip from New York Times best-selling author Rebecca Morris after she believed that she saw a Confederate flag flying in her neighborhood: “Hi. Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying in front of a house in my Greenwood neighborhood. It is at the north-east corner of 92nd and Palatine, just a block west of 92nd and Greenwood Ave N. I would love to know what this ‘means’ … but of course don’t want to knock on their door. Maybe others in the area are flying the flag? Maybe it’s a story? Thank you.”

However, a more thorough examination revealed that it was actually a Norwegian flag was flying at the house of Darold Norman Strangeland, who raised it at the start of this year’s Winter Olympics in PyeongChang, South Korea as an homage to his Norwegian-American background — his parents emigrated to the states in the mid-1950s.

When Morris found out that she had mistaken the flags, she pointed to the current political climate as a possible reason for her mix-up.

“Maybe that’s the story,” she told the Seattle Times. “We’re so stressed by all things political that we see things that aren’t there.”
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 10:39 AM   #8807
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

I agree with you. Made me think of this Chuck D tweet from yesterday with a highlighted passage that Carl Sagan wrote predicting the future in 1995.

BBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 10:58 AM   #8808
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

DOLA

On first day of early voting in Texas primaries, turnout looks up — especially among Democrats

Quote:
Fifty-four percent of the day’s 51,249 in-person votes in those counties Tuesday were cast in the Democratic primaries, according to the Texas secretary of state. In 2014, that number was slightly less than half, and in 2010, Democrats represented just 45 percent of first-day voters.

Meanwhile, the total combined first-day turnout in those counties was up by more than 10,000 compared to the last two mid-term elections.

I'm in Texas and this is an interesting year for us. There are some services that are saying that Texas is "gray" and that the Republicans no longer have the advantage that they once had. Supposedly, in one poll, Texas is 56% in support of some form of immigration reform that includes a DACA like path for naturalization. Not really surprising considering the ever-growing Mexican-American population in the state.

I'm not sure I believe it yet. Texas has been a very red state and the Democrats haven't exactly been spending a ton of money on some of the races (governor and Lt governor). Big one to watch is whether Beto O'Rourke can unseat Ted Cruz in the Senate. Beto's been raising a ton of money and Ted seems to be getting a bit nervous.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:54 PM   #8809
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBT View Post

I'm not sure I believe it yet. Texas has been a very red state and the Democrats haven't exactly been spending a ton of money on some of the races (governor and Lt governor). Big one to watch is whether Beto O'Rourke can unseat Ted Cruz in the Senate. Beto's been raising a ton of money and Ted seems to be getting a bit nervous.

The Cruz race is interesting. A republican incumbent should wipe the floor with a Democrat in this race, but Cruz isn't terribly popular and held just an 8 point lead in polls a month ago. Since then O'Rourke has pulled in more money despite refusing donations from PACs and has closed the overall money gap substantially.

Cruz is likely wins, but it's probably going to be somewhat close and he does need republicans to show up to the polls.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 07:45 PM   #8810
Thomkal
Head Coach

The Democratic memo has been released:

Democratic memo: Read the response to the Nunes memo - CNNPolitics
Old 02-24-2018, 10:42 PM   #8811
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump
"...And these teachers are talented with weaponry and with guns."

I swear I've never seen Teacher listed as a D&D class.

Quote:
“He was there for five minutes — for five minutes,” Trump continued. “That was during the entire shooting. He heard it right from the beginning. So he certainly did a poor job. But that’s a case where somebody was outside, they’re trained, they didn’t act properly or [were] under pressure, or they were a coward. It was a real shock to the police department.”

The Sheriff's Deputy was still closer and more engaged in combat than deferral Donnie.

Quote:
This man standing outside of the school the other day doesn’t love the children.”

god damn this guy. It is so wholly inappropriate for the president of the US to be saying shit like this, it's unreal. Fuck this guy.

Quote:
These teachers love their students.

We literally have an entire thread dealing with this issue.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 02-24-2018 at 10:52 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:41 PM   #8812
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
DOLA

On first day of early voting in Texas primaries, turnout looks up — especially among Democrats

I'm in Texas and this is an interesting year for us. There are some services that are saying that Texas is "gray" and that the Republicans no longer have the advantage that they once had. Supposedly, in one poll, Texas is 56% in support of some form of immigration reform that includes a DACA like path for naturalization. Not really surprising considering the ever-growing Mexican-American population in the state.

Other thing to remember too, at least if you're a Democrat, is that a Texas/Mississippi (hell, Southern) Democrat isn't going to resemble a California Democrat as much as you might want.

It's still an advantage if he wins, because if you flip the Senate you get control of committees and judicial confirmations and shit, but you probably ALSO ought to prepare yourself for a Democrat who votes with Republicans more than you might want, because dude is still gonna wanna get re-elected.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 07:08 AM   #8813
Edward64
Head Coach

Don't know how to read this. Xi went to college here and he doesn't seem to be antagonistic towards the US, so do think he is as good as any.

Best case scenario is he really does want to let China's version of capitalism continue, cut down on corruption, and (unfortunately for us) dominate SE Asia, and knows he needs more than 10 years.

Worse case is he's going to turn out to be another Putin where everything benefits him and his stooges.

Probably in-between.

FWIW - I don't believe US/Western democracy and capitalism is necessarily the answer for non-western countries.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/25/asia/...ntl/index.html
Quote:
China's Communist Party (CCP) has proposed amending the country's constitution to allow President Xi Jinping to serve a third term in office.

State-run news agency Xinhua said the Party will remove the provision that the President and Vice President "shall serve no more than two consecutive terms" from the constitution of the People's Republic of China.

The proposed amendment will have to be ratified by China's rubber-stamp parliament -- the National People's Congress (NPC) -- in March.
When it goes into effect, Xi will be free to serve indefinitely as China's head of state, the strongest indication yet he is intending to maintain power at the top beyond the two 5-year terms served by his predecessors for the past 20 years.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:56 AM   #8814
Edward64
Head Coach

Wonder what took so long.

Not sure I agree with all the listed reasons he should resign but do think he should be held "accountable" for his officers' actions or lack of.

Unless something comes up where the LEOs had good reason not to go in and engage (unlikely I think), this incident seems egregious enough where he should resign.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/25/us/fl...ing/index.html
Quote:
A Florida state representative is calling on Gov. Rick Scott to remove Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel from his post "for neglect of duty and incompetence" during the high school massacre.

"An investigation into the incomprehensible inaction of these deputies by Sheriff Israel will do nothing to bring back the 17 victims," Bill Hager said in a letter to the governor.

"The Sheriff was or should have been aware of the threat Cruz presented to his community and chose to ignore it."

His call came after Marjory Stoneman Douglas' armed school resource officer, Deputy Scot Peterson, resigned Thursday after he was suspended amid accusations he did nothing to stop the massacre.

Israel says Peterson never went into building where shooter was firing at students, instead taking a position outside.

In a letter of response to the governor, Israel said he was proud of the work that many of his deputies and other agencies did the day of the shooting and that he was appalled by Hager's "need to engage in disingenuous political grandstanding, perhaps in the hope he will garner some headlines, at the expense of the truth."

He also said that Hager's letter "was riddled with factual errors, unsupported gossip, and falsehoods."
Old 02-25-2018, 09:04 AM   #8815
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Wonder what took so long.
Not sure I agree with all the listed reasons he should resign but do think he should be held "accountable" for his officers' actions or lack of.

In combat a huge proportion of soldiers 'freeze' during fire fights - should their generals also be 'held accountable' because these soldiers are human? ...

I fully understand the reluctance of the police involved to enter a building with a pistol when there is someone with an AR-15 in body armor who will attempt to kill them within it.

Trained police hit their targets with a whopping 18% of bullets statistically speaking and each miss would potentially kill a bystander which is further potential mental trauma for the officers if they survive the encounter.

Yes them entering might have made a difference - that difference might have been them taking down the shooter, but it also might have just been an extra name (theirs) on the body count ...

As such I'm personally not going to judge those officers or call them cowards, I have no idea how I'd react in that situation or if I'd charge in head first knowing that my family who rely upon me for support might be left on their own and without a source of income ... or worse that I'd be seriously injured and bankrupted leaving them with a millstone around their necks.

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 02-25-2018 at 09:06 AM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:24 AM   #8816
Edward64
Head Coach

I guess I understand your POV on the police chief - I can see many use cases where a leader should not be held accountable but there are plenty other use cases where a leader should be.

Don't think I agree with you on the LEO(s). I don't know if I would go to level of calling him a "coward" (still want to see the tape and analysis) but he failed in an important duty at a critical time and so he should go.

If it turns out that there were 4 LEOs that failed in their duty, it was very likely due to inadequate screening or training ... in that case, I do think the chief should be accountable.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:30 AM   #8817
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Don't know how to read this. Xi went to college here and he doesn't seem to be antagonistic towards the US, so do think he is as good as any.

Best case scenario is he really does want to let China's version of capitalism continue, cut down on corruption, and (unfortunately for us) dominate SE Asia, and knows he needs more than 10 years.

Worse case is he's going to turn out to be another Putin where everything benefits him and his stooges.

Probably in-between.

FWIW - I don't believe US/Western democracy and capitalism is necessarily the answer for non-western countries.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/25/asia/...ntl/index.html

I'm sure Donald Trump would like to get rid of that term-limit thing here as well. Haven't really been following Xi to know if he's well liked by his people/worldwide. I just think staying in power for long periods of time increases the chances for corruption in a leader and his government to grow, and that's never a good thing.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:37 AM   #8818
PilotMan
Head Coach

The numbers of under-trained, pressed into critical action, draftees in Vietnam who deserted were staggering. It's a human element, it's part of our human nature. We are far from perfect beings, and no amount of training, intelligence, or action can overcome it sometimes. The vitriol being tossed on the police specifically is numbing.

Like Steam?

Old 02-25-2018, 09:52 AM   #8819
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
The numbers of under-trained, pressed into critical action, draftees in Vietnam who deserted were staggering. It's a human element, it's part of our human nature. We are far from perfect beings, and no amount of training, intelligence, or action can overcome it sometimes. The vitriol being tossed on the police specifically is numbing.

Sure, I don't disagree.

Would you keep those that deserted or remove them? I think the answer is remove them.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:02 AM   #8820
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Sure, I don't disagree.

Would you keep those that deserted or remove them? I think the answer is remove them.

I think you remove them if you can prove that decisions that they made directly lead to the officers actions. You can't fire every boss when underlings make bad decisions. We had banks, committing fraud on a massive level, the kind of operation that had to be known up and down the chain, yet next to nobody was punished, they simply paid a fine and moved on. Here you've got an officer, in a flight of fight moment, and you want to fire his boss? Prove to me that training, attitude, or leadership was the reason that this Deputy didn't go in, and I'll agree with you.

Like Steam?

Old 02-25-2018, 10:15 AM   #8821
Edward64
Head Coach

There were some posts above about the chief and I kinda address my thoughts on #8823. On #8826 I thought we were talking about the LEO on the ground.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:46 AM   #8822
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Don't think I agree with you on the LEO(s). I don't know if I would go to level of calling him a "coward" (still want to see the tape and analysis) but he failed in an important duty at a critical time and so he should go.
If it turns out that there were 4 LEOs that failed in their duty, it was very likely due to inadequate screening or training ... in that case, I do think the chief should be accountable.

I don't think any police officer signed up to be a cop in order to try and face down someone with military grade equipment and body armor with a pistol single handedly any more than teachers expected to be asked to lay down their lives attempting to shoot it out with people with that sort of weaponry ...

Both are caused by the fact that such things are easily acquired within the US currently and I expect a huge exodus from the teaching profession if Trumps plans become law (I've quite a few friends who are teachers and none of them signed up expecting to become the last line of defence for them).
Old 02-25-2018, 10:49 AM   #8823
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
There were some posts above about the chief and I kinda address my thoughts on #8823. On #8826 I thought we were talking about the LEO on the ground.

With the LEO I don't think it would be unfair to reassign him to desk duty - but with your reaction, I think its also worth considering if he followed protocol in the situation or not (I don't know as I'm not in law enforcement) .. if he'd gone inside and shot it out with the shooter and died then other officers would have had no knowledge of the situation and other people could have entered the building surely? ...

Incidentally when teachers are armed how are cops going to know which people are teachers and which are shooters when they're all stalking around the buildings scared - I fully expect teachers to end up shooting each other if this comes to fruition (ignoring the fact that Ohio has had several teachers shoot themselves with their weapons already after implementing something along these lines and thats without there being a situation).

(I also think that if this sort of shooting becomes common place then you'll find few people want to take that job in future - heck I'd expect the current outcry against this individual is making other officers somewhat nervous that they're expected to simply stride into a situation where the odds are they'll die without a second thought ..)

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 02-25-2018 at 10:58 AM.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:03 AM   #8824
Edward64
Head Coach

My wife is a teacher. Her take is, if trained, she could use a weapon to protect herself and kids as a last resort.

However, she concedes the vast majority of teacher would not be able/willing to do this ... just not the profile.

My thought are keep the guns away from the teachers. However do consider administrators who are willing/trained/certified to have them as a last resort.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:30 AM   #8825
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Other thing to remember too, at least if you're a Democrat, is that a Texas/Mississippi (hell, Southern) Democrat isn't going to resemble a California Democrat as much as you might want.

It's still an advantage if he wins, because if you flip the Senate you get control of committees and judicial confirmations and shit, but you probably ALSO ought to prepare yourself for a Democrat who votes with Republicans more than you might want, because dude is still gonna wanna get re-elected.

Not looking for a California Democrat, just someone that is competent and not Ted Cruz. Cruz has done nothing for the state and won’t evem take phone calls from his constituents. His whole goal in becoming Senator was to run for President and that goal hasn’t changed.

Lot of folks here can’t stand him, Repub or Dem. Trumpers don’t exactly like him because of the presidential race and he really hasn’t done anything to draw him closer to that side as he’s still angling to jump in the presidential race if he sees an opening. Basically, he only has support from corporate interests, because he’s sold his soul to them, and the folks that vote straight Repub.

Best thing O’Rourke can do now is position himself as a moderate and the anti-Ted Cruz.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:23 PM   #8826
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Trump is pushing his personal pilot to take over the FAA.

https://www.axios.com/exclusive-trum...df0b8e80d.html
Old 02-25-2018, 10:06 PM   #8827
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:

My thought are keep the guns away from the teachers. However do consider administrators who are willing/trained/certified to have them as a last resort.

Why ?

Aside from everything else i could say, an administrator won't be nearly as close and would again have to actively decide to charge towards the slaughter rather than instinctively use it in self preservation. (The former being q hundred times more difficult).

This isn't a compromise-able situation, civilian professions should not be asked to bear arms. If you (the general you, not you you) feel like that is necessary, something else is horribly wrong. That needs to be fixed, not covered up with a poisoned bandaid just to pretend you did sth to try and keep “both sides“ happy.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 02-25-2018 at 10:17 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:40 PM   #8828
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

So, I'm assuming that the push to arm teachers is an implicit acknowledgment of the inherent danger involved with being a teacher and that every teacher in America will immediately receive a 25% bonus of hazard pay, right?
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 03:41 AM   #8829
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Not looking for a California Democrat, just someone that is competent and not Ted Cruz. Cruz has done nothing for the state and won’t evem take phone calls from his constituents. His whole goal in becoming Senator was to run for President and that goal hasn’t changed.

Lot of folks here can’t stand him, Repub or Dem. Trumpers don’t exactly like him because of the presidential race and he really hasn’t done anything to draw him closer to that side as he’s still angling to jump in the presidential race if he sees an opening. Basically, he only has support from corporate interests, because he’s sold his soul to them, and the folks that vote straight Repub.

Best thing O’Rourke can do now is position himself as a moderate and the anti-Ted Cruz.

If we're being honest, though, that bolded bit describes a goodly chunk of Texas.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:55 AM   #8830
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Trump is pushing his personal pilot to take over the FAA.

https://www.axios.com/exclusive-trum...df0b8e80d.html

One of his former pilots works at my company. He was the head pilot until the trump fired him because his #2 pilot offered to do the job for less money. No idea if that's this guy.

Like Steam?

Old 02-26-2018, 06:57 AM   #8831
PilotMan
Head Coach

dola

Quote:
"He’s managed airline and corporate flight departments, certified airlines from start-up under FAA regulations, and oversaw the Trump presidential campaign’s air fleet, which included managing all aviation transportation for travel to 203 cities in 43 states over the course of 21 months.”

That's basically the equivalent of a franchise owner for Mc'D's being qualified to head the FDA.

Like Steam?

Old 02-26-2018, 09:57 AM   #8832
Thomkal
Head Coach

Not a good morning for Trump:

U.S. Supreme Court rejects Trump over 'Dreamers' immigrants
Old 02-26-2018, 10:50 AM   #8833
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
If we're being honest, though, that bolded bit describes a goodly chunk of Texas.

Yep, which is why I don't think a I'll hold my breathe on this one.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:11 AM   #8834
JeeberD
General Manager

I'm cautiously optimistic for Beto, but I don't think we have a legit shot at governor. I would love to see that position return to blue, but there are no great candidates running as a Democrat.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 02-26-2018 at 11:12 AM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:30 PM   #8835
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
President Trump on Monday criticized the officers who failed to confront the shooter at Stoneman Douglas High School, boasting that “I really believe I’d run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon.”

lol
Old 02-26-2018, 12:38 PM   #8836
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
lol

Obviously he means he'd do it as long as his bone spurs didn't flair up.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:41 PM   #8837
Kodos
Resident Alien

Damn it. mckerney beat me to the punch(line).
Old 02-26-2018, 01:08 PM   #8838
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Obviously he means he'd do it as long as his bone spurs didn't flair up.

Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:53 PM   #8839
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Old 02-26-2018, 03:28 PM   #8840
Logan
Head Coach

Can someone tell him he's free to start that anytime he chooses?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 03:37 PM   #8841
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

He was just about to roundhouse kick that guy until security held him back.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:13 PM   #8842
Thomkal
Head Coach

wow the comments on that tweet were pretty brutal Ben (and funny)
Old 02-26-2018, 04:17 PM   #8843
tarcone
Coordinator

Our governor is real trouble. Getting indicted for a felony is not a good thing.
Impeachment could be on the table. And probably should happen.
He was indicted by a grand jury. They usually need a decent amount of evidence to indict.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:28 PM   #8844
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Our governor is real trouble. Getting indicted for a felony is not a good thing.
Impeachment could be on the table. And probably should happen.
He was indicted by a grand jury. They usually need a decent amount of evidence to indict.

I was wondering about that. So what is the story? He took a nude photo of her and threatened to release it if she ever told anyone about their affair? Have to believe they have some incriminating text messages.

You'd think he'd step down but who knows these days.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:57 PM   #8845
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I was wondering about that. So what is the story? He took a nude photo of her and threatened to release it if she ever told anyone about their affair? Have to believe they have some incriminating text messages.

You'd think he'd step down but who knows these days.

It's my understanding also that he took the photo(s) without her consent.

ETA: Does Missouri have any revenge porn laws?

Last edited by NobodyHere : 02-26-2018 at 04:58 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:57 PM   #8846
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

This from a guy that ran away from a tied up eagle.

Old 02-26-2018, 07:05 PM   #8847
tarcone
Coordinator

He had her tied up and blindfolded (consensual) then took pictured of her. She says he tried to blackmail her. He denies.

The charges stem from making the picture available via a computer. So I imagine he transmitted to someone.

Republicans are calling for him to resign. Since he is a repub, I imagine that is the end of his career.

he refuses to step down.

The process has started. This is their first day back in session and they have a committee to investigate it. That is the first step.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:31 PM   #8848
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Thought you were talking about Trump and the eagle for a moment.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:31 PM   #8849
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Dems introduce bill banning assault weapons | TheHill

So will this bill help or hurt the expected "Blue Wave" in the upcoming election? The last assault weapon ban was often blamed for Republicans taking control of congress in '94. Will this do the same if the Democrats keep pushing it? Or perhaps a greater part of the country is ready for such ban?
Old 02-26-2018, 09:36 PM   #8850
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Well it won't even get a committee hearing before the '18 elections, so I doubt it matters at all.