Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-03-2012, 11:51 PM   #8801
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

So Andy Griffith died, a real standout person. Yet there is a thread about some sex offender that's 10 pages right next to it. I don't see how there could be 10 pages of interesting things to say about it. When I go out with hot girls, guys check them out and some are really disturbing. It makes some sense some guy into other guys would act like that.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #8802
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
So Andy Griffith died, a real standout person. Yet there is a thread about some sex offender that's 10 pages right next to it. I don't see how there could be 10 pages of interesting things to say about it.

Umm, I'm pretty sure that the football connection (and ramifications) have quite a bit to do with the length of the thread.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #8803
Suicane75
Coordinator

Plus it's a year long story. I'm sure If Andy comes back from the dead and finds Bin Laden the thread will stretch out some.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #8804
Suicane75
Coordinator

That infuriating moment when you're doing something aided only by the light on your tv and a commercial or scene cut leaves you helpless to complete your task. I hate that.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #8805
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
That infuriating moment when you're doing something aided only by the light on your tv and a commercial or scene cut leaves you helpless to complete your task. I hate that.

You still need light to touch it? I figured you would be able to find it blindfolded by now..
Old 07-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #8806
Suicane75
Coordinator

I'll touch yours!
Old 07-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #8807
Grover
Pro Starter

Hey, this is a public forum!

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #8808
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
I'll touch yours!

Don't make me send Pumpy, Kathy Griffin and The Afoci after you...
Old 07-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #8809
Suicane75
Coordinator

Well I'll tell ya what, one of em is going home without getting lucky.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #8810
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Well I'll tell ya what, one of em is going home without getting lucky.

Pumpy is gonna be pissed!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #8811
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Umm, I'm pretty sure that the football connection (and ramifications) have quite a bit to do with the length of the thread.

For a thread about sex offenders to get that long it has to be about many of them, and they must be hot females.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #8812
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Don't make me send Pumpy, Kathy Griffin and The Afoci after you...

That's one hell of a threat

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #8813
spleen1015
Coordinator

Following 104 people on Twitter and I get more useless retweets than I do anything else.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #8814
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Following 104 people on Twitter and I get more useless retweets than I do anything else.

I don't bother following athletes because everybody re-tweets them incessantly.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #8815
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I don't bother following athletes because everybody re-tweets them incessantly.

It is stupid shit like a Sporting News college basketball reporter retweeting soccer or hockey writers.

I can block the retweets, but sometimes they'll retweet something useful.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #8816
Grover
Pro Starter

What the hell is the point of the penguin in The General car insurance commercials? And why is it wearing sunglasses?

Old 07-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #8817
JediKooter
Coordinator

Sure is quiet in here...

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #8818
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Sure is quiet in here...

... too quiet.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #8819
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
... too quiet.

Almost as if...

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 07-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #8820
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Almost as if...

Last edited by gstelmack : 07-06-2012 at 01:43 PM.
gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #8821
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #8822
gstelmack
Pro Starter

JAWS theme is definitely better than mine, I posted quick to avoid getting cut off...
Old 07-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #8823
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

I'm not talkin' about pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' about workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' about sharkin'.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #8824
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post
I'm not talkin' about pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' about workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' about sharkin'.

We're gonna need a bigger boat.

Old 07-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #8825
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
We're gonna need a bigger boat.

Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into our side, Chief. We was comin' back from the island of Tinian to Leyte... just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in 12 minutes. Didn't see the first shark for about a half an hour. Tiger. 13-footer. You know how you know that when you're in the water, Chief? You tell by looking from the dorsal to the tail fin. What we didn't know, was our bomb mission had been so secret, no distress signal had been sent. They didn't even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, Chief, sharks come cruisin', so we formed ourselves into tight groups. You know, it was kinda like old squares in the battle like you see in the calendar named "The Battle of Waterloo" and the idea was: shark comes to the nearest man, that man he starts poundin' and hollerin' and screamin' and sometimes the shark will go away... but sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that shark he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. And, you know, the thing about a shark... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be living... until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'. The ocean turns red, and despite all the poundin' and the hollerin', they all come in and they... rip you to pieces. You know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men. I don't know how many sharks, maybe a thousand. I know how many men, they averaged six an hour. On Thursday morning, Chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player. Boatswain's mate. I thought he was asleep. I reached over to wake him up. He bobbed up, down in the water just like a kinda top. Upended. Well, he'd been bitten in half below the waist. Noon, the fifth day, Mr. Hooper, a Lockheed Ventura saw us. He swung in low and he saw us... he was a young pilot, a lot younger than Mr. Hooper. Anyway, he saw us and he come in low and three hours later a big fat PBY comes down and starts to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened... waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went in the water; 316 men come out and the sharks took the rest, June the 29th, 1945. Anyway, we delivered the bomb.

Old 07-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #8826
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into our side, Chief. We was comin' back from the island of Tinian to Leyte... just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in 12 minutes. Didn't see the first shark for about a half an hour. Tiger. 13-footer. You know how you know that when you're in the water, Chief? You tell by looking from the dorsal to the tail fin. What we didn't know, was our bomb mission had been so secret, no distress signal had been sent. They didn't even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, Chief, sharks come cruisin', so we formed ourselves into tight groups. You know, it was kinda like old squares in the battle like you see in the calendar named "The Battle of Waterloo" and the idea was: shark comes to the nearest man, that man he starts poundin' and hollerin' and screamin' and sometimes the shark will go away... but sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that shark he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. And, you know, the thing about a shark... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be living... until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'. The ocean turns red, and despite all the poundin' and the hollerin', they all come in and they... rip you to pieces. You know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men. I don't know how many sharks, maybe a thousand. I know how many men, they averaged six an hour. On Thursday morning, Chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player. Boatswain's mate. I thought he was asleep. I reached over to wake him up. He bobbed up, down in the water just like a kinda top. Upended. Well, he'd been bitten in half below the waist. Noon, the fifth day, Mr. Hooper, a Lockheed Ventura saw us. He swung in low and he saw us... he was a young pilot, a lot younger than Mr. Hooper. Anyway, he saw us and he come in low and three hours later a big fat PBY comes down and starts to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened... waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went in the water; 316 men come out and the sharks took the rest, June the 29th, 1945. Anyway, we delivered the bomb.

Hey, man, you don't talk to the Colonel. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say "hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "Do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you"... I mean I'm... no, I can't... I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's... he's a great man! I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas...

Old 07-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #8827
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Hey, man, you don't talk to the Colonel. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say "hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "Do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you"... I mean I'm... no, I can't... I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's... he's a great man! I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas...

This Colonel guy? He's wacko, man! He's worse than crazy. He's evil. It's fuckin' pagan idolatry. Look around you. Shit! He's loco... I ain't afraid of all them fuckin' skulls and altars and shit. I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? Fuck! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here. So whaddya wanna do? I'll kill the fuck.

Old 07-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #8828
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Wendy?
Darling?
Light, of my life.
I'm not gonna hurt ya.
You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said, I'm not gonna hurt ya.
I'm just going to bash your brains in.

Gonna bash 'em right the fuck in!
Old 07-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #8829
Grover
Pro Starter

I have to return some video tapes.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #8830
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I have to return some video tapes.

They still make those?
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #8831
JediKooter
Coordinator

Be kind, rewind.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #8832
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

do you like huey lewis and the news?

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercial and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humour.

Last edited by NorvTurnerOverdrive : 07-06-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #8833
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

the manchurian candidate is a great movie but frank sinatra doing karate is not one it's best moments.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #8834
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Ugh...

Yesterday, we shared the plan with our team members in Human Resources; HR Operations; Learning, Development & Inclusion (LD&I); and Talent Management and Movement (TAM). We notified team members affected by the new structure transition that their current positions would be eliminated, effective August 2, at the same time advising them of new opportunities that will be available in the realigned structure. We will be posting the newly defined positions within the next two weeks so that the HR, HR Ops, LD&I, and TAM team members can apply for the positions that are of interest to them. All of this internal movement will be managed with dedicated resources to complete the transition as quickly as possible, with minimal disruption to the team members and the needs of our business partners.

The realigned structure geographically positions the HR Team for enhanced responsiveness, leveraging their collective experience and talents. However, some members of the current team are affected as 25 positions will no longer exist in the new structure. This is always a challenging component of change and on behalf of the entire team, I want to thank everyone for their professionalism and continued commitment as we transition the HR organization. I know I can rely on all of you to support our colleagues and join me in wishing them continued success as they pursue the next chapter of their professional careers.

So they posted the Manager positions in my department on Monday and the Trainer positions today. Basically my geographical group is the only one that is being affected of the technical training team. They are moving the Training Manager up to where I am, so the Manager in San Diego will have to reapply (I'm assuming my supervisor will as well). Then the 3 of us trainers (2 Anaheim and 1 Inland Empire) have to reapply for 3 positions each in a different office (1 Anaheim, 1 Garden Grove, and 1 Inland Empire). But at the same time we have to expect that our supervisor (who used to be a technical trainer) will probably also apply for the technical trainer position. In addition there is a Business Services Technical Trainer position (which is a department I was once part of) that is new.

Basically it's not as stressful as it was, since there are positions and it's all internal changes, no external candidates at this time. I've applied for the 3 positions in different locations, the Manager position, and the Business Services position (although I really don't want a job that requires 60% travel...)

Last edited by DanGarion : 07-06-2012 at 03:57 PM.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #8835
JediKooter
Coordinator

I feel bad for the guy in San Diego...but, I'm a bit biased.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #8836
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
I feel bad for the guy in San Diego...but, I'm a bit biased.

I actually do too, she's a great Manager, and the one I hope gets the position up here. I had actually just got off the phone after venting and talking to her when I posted this. Ultimately I hope my supervisor loses out. I really don't want the Business Services position, I don't want to travel 60%...
Old 07-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #8837
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Something seems out of place here...

View Larger Map
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:29 AM   #8838
sabotai
General Manager

If I was ever in a place that looked like that, I'd have to assume I was in a horror movie and try to get the fuck out of there.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:44 AM   #8839
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

just take a left at the tree from poltergeist
Old 07-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #8840
PilotMan
Head Coach

How can there not be a thread about the Wimbleton men's final this morning? And we call ourselves a sports forum?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #8841
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I just opened up a new tub of Similac powder for the baby's bottle.

I saved the scoop from the old one so I wouldn't have to dig the new one out...like I routinely do when I'm opening a new tub of protein powder for myself.

To my surprise, the scoop has been secured to the cover of the tub.

Why the heck haven't companies figured out how to do that with protein powders??
Old 07-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #8842
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The baby's the best thing to ever happen to me.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:39 PM   #8844
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Nifty!
Old 07-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #8845
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Anyone ever browse around on the Mental Floss website? Pretty fun stuff.

A recent sampling:

It’s a Steal! How Columbia House Made Money Giving Away Music - Mental Floss

This article has answered one of the great unsolved mysteries that has been bugging me since I was about 13 and persuaded my parents to sign me up for one of those CD clubs. Great stuff.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #8846
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Hell is being subjected to Full Throttle as the only on campus energy drink due to Coca Cola exclusivity. Full Throttle fucking blows.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #8847
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
I actually do too, she's a great Manager, and the one I hope gets the position up here. I had actually just got off the phone after venting and talking to her when I posted this. Ultimately I hope my supervisor loses out. I really don't want the Business Services position, I don't want to travel 60%...

How did I miss this?

Yes, traveling 60% of the time is no good in my opinion. Especially this day and age with video conferencing and stuff. Unless a person absolutely has to be there because no other person can perform that job, there's really not much of a reason to travel anymore.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #8848
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
How did I miss this?

Yes, traveling 60% of the time is no good in my opinion. Especially this day and age with video conferencing and stuff. Unless a person absolutely has to be there because no other person can perform that job, there's really not much of a reason to travel anymore.

I agree up to a point, but when you are dealing with physical items that are being trained there is a need for travel. And on the technical side 80% tends to be physical.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:21 AM   #8849
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I wonder what the best way to quiet a baby at 2 am is. Alcohol?
Old 07-10-2012, 02:22 AM   #8850
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Lol