Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #8501
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

RIP Bob Welch

http://
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #8502
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Ill take a swing at ___head prospect?

Correct.. DHP = Dick Head Prospect..

I find it funny that some of them can be dicks because we are calling to sell them something and they are insulted that we would call, but right next to their office is their sales team doing the same thing for their customer base.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:47 AM   #8503
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
Speaking of, how do you like it? We're moving to a MS CRM platform in a month or two.

I like it a lot. It's easy to manage, easy to use and breaks everything down for us.

I don't use the reporting features as much as others, but that is because I manage my accounts better than most.

If you integrate the marketing feature with it, it can be powerful.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #8504
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I like it a lot. It's easy to manage, easy to use and breaks everything down for us.

I don't use the reporting features as much as others, but that is because I manage my accounts better than most.

If you integrate the marketing feature with it, it can be powerful.

But will it get rid of that smell in Rizon's office?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #8505
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

dear yankees,
you can't sell tickets because you turned a cathedral into a shopping mall. congratulations. your billion dollar baseball castle is the sports equivalent of the m&m store.

things to do in new york:
*empire state building
*times square
*the house that ruth built YES built

i'm no fan of fsg but at least they get it. nostalgia is far more important to fan experience than in-house art galleries and hd scoreboards.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #8506
spleen1015
Coordinator

NBA Draft Combine on tv? ROFL.

I am watching the UEFA Euro game! WTF?!
Old 06-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #8507
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post
dear yankees,
you can't sell tickets because you turned a cathedral into a shopping mall. congratulations. your billion dollar baseball castle is the sports equivalent of the m&m store.

things to do in new york:
*empire state building
*times square
*the house that ruth built YES built

i'm no fan of fsg but at least they get it. nostalgia is far more important to fan experience than in-house art galleries and hd scoreboards.

fsg?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #8508
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

fenway sports group. they're masters at commodifying nostalgia

own original paint chips from jim rice's locker! just 24.99!
Old 06-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #8509
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
NBA Draft Combine on tv? ROFL.

I am watching the UEFA Euro game! WTF?!

NBA Draft Combine is on one of the channels too
Old 06-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #8510
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Really good podcast interview of Joe Walsh by Chuck Klosterman up on Grantland. He's certainly a character.

Last edited by stevew : 06-08-2012 at 11:03 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #8511
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Really good podcast interview of Joe Walsh by Chuck Klosterman up on Grantland. He's certainly a character.
the zach baron prometheus article is really good too.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #8512
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I was trying to see if one can be afan of Walsh, but still hate the Eagles.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #8513
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
I was trying to see if one can be afan of Walsh, but still hate the Eagles.

"... but I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man!"

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #8514
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

About to go to a party for the first time in ... I have no clue how long since I've said that.

Kicker is that it's a retirement party for someone I've never met (her husband is my son's scout troop leader) ... but it's a retirement party that apparently has booked three bands to play at their house.

Honestly have no idea what to expect, but since it's only about five minutes from my house somebody might bump the "Drunk" thread just in case.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #8515
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Drunk thread not required.
One "band" (actually duo) not three.

Absolutely fascinating conversation with a Cuban expat that pretty much consumed most of my night.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #8516
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So apparently lurker has never heard the song Margaritaville, and I was trying to describe it. There has to be a name to describe the genre that and other songs like it are in, right? Best I could come up with was "music you would listen to on a cruise" and she was thinking reggae. There has to be a word that I just can't come up with for this kind of music, right?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #8517
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
There has to be a word that I just can't come up with for this kind of music, right?

I've seen Tropical Rock, I've seen Calypso Country (or folk), but honestly the most common description seems to be "Jimmy Buffett Music"
Old 06-10-2012, 12:51 AM   #8518
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Jimmy Buffet has always mystified me as well. I think he makes music for people who aren't interested in music. He's like the Thomas Kinkade of rock.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:43 AM   #8519
Suicane75
Coordinator

Dude. Have you ever been chilling in the backyard on a cool summer evening with your friends? That's what JB's music is for.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:55 AM   #8520
Suicane75
Coordinator

I'm seriously not trying to be vulgar, but have you ever had an itchy butthole and let a fart rip that........scratched your itch? For lack of a better term. Oddly soothing.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:13 AM   #8521
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
has never heard the song Margaritaville

how is this possible
Radii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:16 AM   #8522
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I'm seriously not trying to be vulgar, but have you ever had an itchy butthole and let a fart rip that........scratched your itch? For lack of a better term. Oddly soothing.

indeed
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #8523
Grover
Pro Starter

At least the Malkovich-Siri ads are amusing, unlike all the others.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #8524
spleen1015
Coordinator

Google has been slow loading lately. WTF is up with that?
Old 06-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #8525
molson
General Manager

I was randomly watching a the 1982ish movie Mr. Mom this weekend (exciting weekend I know), and there's this scene in a board room that's just filled with smoke, and pizza, and dumpy looking middle aged guys. It seems like it was pretty much everyone back then used to live in rooms filed with smoke at home, at the office, ate terribly, were probably drunk half the time. I feel like I don't do enough for my health but I'd be an absolute weirdo health nut if transported back to 1982. It's weird because even though so many more people are seemingly at least somewhat concerned about health now, we're also way more obese as a country than we were then. I remember 1982 a little bit - and I don't think we had nearly as many runners, general fitness gyms (as opposed to "weight room" gyms), yoga, vegetarians, etc, than we do now. Now, normal average people are involved in that kind of stuff, where in 1982 is was more fringe. So what the hell's going on? Why so many fatties?

Last edited by molson : 06-11-2012 at 10:17 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #8526
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Now, normal average people are involved in that kind of stuff, where in 1982 is was more fringe.

I'm not entirely sure what word "normal" applies to folks involved with "that kind of stuff"
Old 06-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #8527
spleen1015
Coordinator

molson,

I think it might have to do with the fact that there are a lot more women in the workforce today than there was in 1982. So, I think families eat a lot more fast food now than they did in 1982 since women would have been at home cooking dinner then. Just my opinion, no scientific evidence.

I think there are a lot more working out types because we've learned a lot in the last 30 years, but at the same time, we've gotten a lot lazier.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #8528
Ksyrup

Like a lot of other things, more people are gravitating to the extremes. And when it comes to health, far more people will gravitate toward what's easiest.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #8529
JediKooter
Coordinator

The Grateful Dead...wow. How do people like them? It's like they are a super popular, one step above the Wyld Stallyns, garage band.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 06-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #8530
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
The Grateful Dead...wow. How do people like them? It's like they are a super popular, one step above the Wyld Stallyns, garage band.

Do you know what happens when the drugs run out a Grateful Dead Concert?

Everybody says, "Wow! This music really sucks!"
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #8531
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Do you know what happens when the drugs run out a Grateful Dead Concert?

Everybody says, "Wow! This music really sucks!"

Haha! I had my suspicions that this was the case.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #8532
molson
General Manager

Drugs make everything that sucks seem awesome. We just have to figure out a way, as a society, for everyone to have enough drugs all the time.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #8533
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
At least the Malkovich-Siri ads are amusing, unlike all the others.

I saw those a bunch during the Kings game on Saturday. I was with my bro and sister in law. My sister in law was saying how stupid the ads were, oh, wow, the phone can have a conversation, that's totally fake.

I mean, on the face of it, I agree with her. But what I thought was funny there, and totally got it as a movie fan, is that Malkovich is always such a sardonic character in movies (and probably in real life as well). I don't think my sister in law got that. That when Malkovich was taking life advice from the phone and responding graciously, you could just read in his natural sarcasm (yeah, Siri, thanks for the life advice ), even though he was speaking normally. I thought it was pretty brilliant.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #8534
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

You know, when you think about it, this sports weekend went from potentially awesome to pretty shitty. No Stanley Cup raised, the Game 7 of the ECF did not come down to a last second or even last minute shot, Pacquiao lost in a controversial decision and possibly putting even further away a fight with Mayweather, the Triple Crown thing didn't happen, even a no hitter was thrown and it was the most nondescript, unpublicised no hitter of all time. The two best Euro matchups were ties. The French Open men's final was nearly rained out.

Sheesh.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #8535
Ksyrup

I am so totally consumed with my girls' softball schedules that I literally go into a news cocoon from Friday afternoon until Monday morning. I didn't even know Pacquiao had a fight until this morning, let alone all the controversy. I did happen to see the Mariners no-hitter just because I fell asleep Friday night and woke up with 1 out in the 9th. It's like time traveling back to when the internet didn't exist.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #8536
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
You know, when you think about it, this sports weekend went from potentially awesome to pretty shitty. No Stanley Cup raised, the Game 7 of the ECF did not come down to a last second or even last minute shot, Pacquiao lost in a controversial decision and possibly putting even further away a fight with Mayweather, the Triple Crown thing didn't happen, even a no hitter was thrown and it was the most nondescript, unpublicised no hitter of all time. The two best Euro matchups were ties. The French Open men's final was nearly rained out.

Sheesh.

At least the Tigers won back-to-back games for the first time in like 40+ games.

There's your silver lining.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #8537
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Michael Katz ‏@KatzM

*Dead* at this Anthony Davis Evil Twin photoshop on @reddit with his eyebrows and 'stache reversed

Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #8538
Grover
Pro Starter

I bet he's related to Jose Bosingwa.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #8539
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #8540
Ksyrup

That thought may deserve its own thread. Even though I'm not sure I want to read about it.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #8541
thesloppy
Pro Starter

We already have a manwich thread.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #8542
JediKooter
Coordinator

So Tommy Chong has prostate cancer and he's treating it with marijuana. Sigh...I expect to see a "Tommy Chong, we hardly knew ye" thread started not too far in the future.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #8543
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I hate the majority of the RIP threads. I have no clue who at least half of the people are.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #8544
Ksyrup

Anonymous people still deserve to rest in peace.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #8545
Grover
Pro Starter

Stopped getting HBO free trial in May. Had Game of Thrones set to record every week. Forgot about this when HBO went away. Looked at my list of recorded shows, there are all ten eps of Game of Thrones.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #8546
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Verizon's new data plans can suck my wang. Fuck you Verizon.

Verizon 'Share Everything' plans announced: share voice, text, and data across devices | The Verge
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #8547
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Stopped getting HBO free trial in May. Had Game of Thrones set to record every week. Forgot about this when HBO went away. Looked at my list of recorded shows, there are all ten eps of Game of Thrones.

Interesting loophole. Cool!
Old 06-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #8548
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Make sure it didn't record 60 minutes of nothing
Old 06-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #8549
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post

Yeah, a few of us were talking about this on FaceBook. I'm gone when my ETF gets cheaper. They can fuck off. I don't give a fuck about unlimited voice minutes.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #8550
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Make sure it didn't record 60 minutes of nothing

It didn't. Just re-watched the finale.