Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
TD RAY RICE!!!!!

I really hope he comes back.

and I as well.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:03 PM   #804
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

You guys are going to kill this team which is unfortunate. Only because you've had two good years but haven't played anyone good in the bowl games to really have that springboard to next season.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:09 PM   #805
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
You guys are going to kill this team which is unfortunate. Only because you've had two good years but haven't played anyone good in the bowl games to really have that springboard to next season.

RU did crush a Big 12 team in the Texas bowl last year.

Rice is an unknown in terms of his status in the draft but virtualy the entire offense is returning and they have a ton of young talent. They only have about 12 scholarships this year they are so young.

They have plenty on momentum going into next year.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:13 PM   #806
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:

awroo?
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:13 PM   #807
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I am not going to argue with your opinion...but crushing a 6 loss Kansas State team and a (soon to be) 6 loss Ball State team does not scream impressive to me. Especially last year, it would've be nice to see them go up against someone of their caliber.

I'm not putting down Rutgers, I really like their team and if Rice stays, they are going to be a force in the Big East next year, title wise. I'm glad that Rutgers is doing so well.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:17 PM   #808
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

As a Rutgers fan, I agree. I'd like for the Scarlet Knights to play in better bowls and against better competition. It'd not only make for better games, but more exposure for our team. Texas Bowl and International Bowl aren't necessarily that sexy. One was on NFL Network and the other is on at noon on January 5th.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:18 PM   #809
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I am not going to argue with your opinion...but crushing a 6 loss Kansas State team and a (soon to be) 6 loss Ball State team does not scream impressive to me. Especially last year, it would've be nice to see them go up against someone of their caliber.

I'm not putting down Rutgers, I really like their team and if Rice stays, they are going to be a force in the Big East next year, title wise. I'm glad that Rutgers is doing so well.

I don't think you can determine how a team is going to progress into the next season based on who they play in a bowl game the year before.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:19 PM   #810
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

ISiddiqui made my own point better than I did.

Last edited by Dr. Sak : 01-05-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:24 PM   #811
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

RICE WITH A 90 YARD RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old 01-05-2008, 01:25 PM   #812
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

and a nasty stiff arm.

I hate to say it but after the game he is having Rice is gone.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:31 PM   #813
Logan
Head Coach

Rice could've gone 17 for 45 and he'd still be gone.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:34 PM   #814
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Rice could've gone 17 for 45 and he'd still be gone.

probably but we can hope.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:07 PM   #815
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I hope he stays. He'll have a stage to himself next year and if they parlay that into a success conference year, he'll help his draft status immensely.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:54 AM   #816
Butter
Coordinator

Hopefully Ohio State can prove the Big Ten is not a second-class conference with a win tonight.

But I am not too confident since it is essentially an LSU home game.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:15 AM   #817
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Hopefully Ohio State can prove the Big Ten is not a second-class conference with a win tonight.

But I am not too confident since it is essentially an LSU home game.

Don't worry about it. Michigan already proved that by spanking the heck out of Florida last week.

We got 'em back for what they did to you last year!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #818
astrosfan64
College Prospect

The kiss of death to Ohio State.

Ohio State will not only cover, but win outright today!

Ohio State is my pick. Sorry Ohio State fans.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:55 AM   #819
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
How can a college QB throw for over 5,000 yards in a season and not have anyone know about it?

Paul Smith of Tulsa surpassed that total for the year in the GMAC Bowl last night, when Tulsa beat Bowling Green 63-7.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 01-07-2008 at 10:56 AM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:00 AM   #820
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosfan64 View Post
The kiss of death to Ohio State.

Ohio State will not only cover, but win outright today!

Ohio State is my pick. Sorry Ohio State fans.

You have to be right one of these times.

Yes, that's what I'm going with for now.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:01 AM   #821
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Don't worry about it. Michigan already proved that by spanking the heck out of Florida last week.

We got 'em back for what they did to you last year!

I didn't know a 6 point win = "spanking the heck out of".
Old 01-07-2008, 11:07 AM   #822
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I didn't know a 6 point win = "spanking the heck out of".

The game wasn't as close as the score indicated. Michigan moved the ball at will pretty much. If Hart hadn't fumbled the ball twice inside the one yard line it would have been a rout. Hence, it was just a right proper spanking!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:27 AM   #823
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Well today is the big day down here- getting started on my gumbo right now (even though its 70 degrees outside)...
I'm actually very nervous about this game, LSU is one of the most talented teams in the country, but they aren't that good... They kept a lot of games close this year, and could easily lose again. With that being said, if they come to play they could easily win big...
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:34 AM   #824
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I've never been less excited about a championship game. These two teams just don't interest me at all. Throw in the fact that the rest of the bowl games were played a month ago (at least it seems that way) and I doubt I'll even bother to watch the game.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:43 PM   #825
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
The game wasn't as close as the score indicated. Michigan moved the ball at will pretty much. If Hart hadn't fumbled the ball twice inside the one yard line it would have been a rout. Hence, it was just a right proper spanking!

Exactly. Look at the yardage numbers. Hart's uncharacteristic fumbling meant that the score wasn't as impressive as it should have been.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:59 PM   #826
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Anybody know if any of the free "streaming video" sites are going to have the game tonight?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:07 PM   #827
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
You have to be right one of these times.

Yes, that's what I'm going with for now.

If it makes you feel any better, I picked Florida straight up last year to beat Ohio State.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:05 PM   #828
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I think Ohio State wins 20-17. I am really interested to see their offensive line go up against Dorsey.

On a side note, I've been waiting all weekend for this game and what do you figure, I get a stomach flu that knocks me out for hours at a time.. Hopefully I can stay up long enough to watch the game.

Last edited by Dr. Sak : 01-07-2008 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:13 PM   #829
Jas_lov
College Starter

I better get my pick in. I went 4-0 in the NFL Wildcard games this past weekend so I know what I'm talking about. I'm going with Ohio State 23-21. I think the ratings of this game will be lower than last year, especially the first hour with the return of American Gladiators.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:32 PM   #830
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
I better get my pick in. I went 4-0 in the NFL Wildcard games this past weekend so I know what I'm talking about. I'm going with Ohio State 23-21. I think the ratings of this game will be lower than last year, especially the first hour with the return of American Gladiators.

This weekend wasn't exactly a tough weekend to pick 'em by and large. I mean, really. But I hope you're right. I'm tired of hearing about the "game speed" of the SEC. It won't shut them up in a loss, but it'll at least keep them from raising their voices with more b.s. that no one cares about for a few days.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:33 PM   #831
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5984 View Post
Well today is the big day down here- getting started on my gumbo right now (even though its 70 degrees outside)...
I'm actually very nervous about this game, LSU is one of the most talented teams in the country, but they aren't that good... They kept a lot of games close this year, and could easily lose again. With that being said, if they come to play they could easily win big...

Watching GA in the Sugar Bowl made me really wish we'd had a LSU/GA showdown...I'm not sure who would have won, I honestly think it could have been anybody's game, but I'm pretty sure it would have been a great game.

Good luck tonight! I'll be pulling for the Tigers!!!
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:43 PM   #832
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
This weekend wasn't exactly a tough weekend to pick 'em by and large. I mean, really. But I hope you're right. I'm tired of hearing about the "game speed" of the SEC. It won't shut them up in a loss, but it'll at least keep them from raising their voices with more b.s. that no one cares about for a few days.

Then why didn't you pick any games? Of those who posted their picks, only myself, Lathum, and Thomkai went 4-0. I was the closest in point differential. Everyone except astrosfan got Seattle and San Diego right, but a lot of people picked Tampa and Pittsburgh who lost. I'm guessing you pick Ohio State for this game. I hope to see you in the NFL Divisonal round pick em next week as I defend my crown. I agree, I'm a Big 10 midwest guy and I'm sick of all of the talk about SEC speed. I loved it when Michigan shut up Florida and their pre game arrogance.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #833
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
Then why didn't you pick any games? Of those who posted their picks, only myself, Lathum, and Thomkai went 4-0. I was the closest in point differential. Everyone except astrosfan got Seattle and San Diego right, but a lot of people picked Tampa and Pittsburgh who lost. I'm guessing you pick Ohio State for this game. I hope to see you in the NFL Divisonal round pick em next week as I defend my crown. I agree, I'm a Big 10 midwest guy and I'm sick of all of the talk about SEC speed. I loved it when Michigan shut up Florida and their pre game arrogance.

Hold on, are you guys pick against the spread?

Because if you took Pittsburgh, they covered the spread. I took jacksonville and -3. I pushed the Titans who were a +11.

So, I was only 0 and 3 and 1
Old 01-07-2008, 06:55 PM   #834
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

You are undoubtedly the most annoying poster on this board.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #835
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosfan64 View Post
Hold on, are you guys pick against the spread?

Because if you took Pittsburgh, they covered the spread. I took jacksonville and -3. I pushed the Titans who were a +11.

So, I was only 0 and 3 and 1

No, we didn't pick against the spread. But if we did, I would have went 2-1-1 as Jacksonville didn't cover and San Diego pushed. This week should be interesting as all of the home teams are favorited by more than a touchdown.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:06 PM   #836
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
You are undoubtedly the most annoying poster on this board.

+1
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #837
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

I won't be surprised if Ohio State wins this game outright.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:21 PM   #838
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

What the hell is Chris Weinke doing out there for the coin toss?
Old 01-07-2008, 07:21 PM   #839
Groundhog
Coordinator

I don't understand why there is such a lay off between the finish of the season and the bowl games? Seems to do nothing but make teams start rusty and sometimes play like crap for the entire game.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:27 PM   #840
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

There goes that slow Big Ten team on a 65 yard TD run.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:27 PM   #841
Icy
Pro Starter

WOW!

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:27 PM   #842
Jas_lov
College Starter

Wow! Great start for Ohio State. Not so slow afterall.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:27 PM   #843
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I don't understand why there is such a lay off between the finish of the season and the bowl games? Seems to do nothing but make teams start rusty and sometimes play like crap for the entire game.

I had thought that they have to attend classes and take finals or did they stop doing that?

Bowl games have traditionally been an exhibition to reward teams and fans but they make way too much out of it these days. No reason to have a BCS championship bowl, just have these two teams play in a nice New Year's Day bowl while the school is on winter break.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #844
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post

Yeah I thought that SEC D Linemen are faster than Big Ten RBs.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #845
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I just thought the same thing. I find myself pulling for the Buckeyes....The SEC fans and their "we're god's gift to college football" gets tiresome.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:29 PM   #846
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
No reason to have a BCS championship bowl, just have these two teams play in a nice New Year's Day bowl while the school is on winter break.

Actually, there are 85 million reasons the fat cats are doing things this way.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #847
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
I had thought that they have to attend classes and take finals or did they stop doing that?

Bowl games have traditionally been an exhibition to reward teams and fans but they make way too much out of it these days. No reason to have a BCS championship bowl, just have these two teams play in a nice New Year's Day bowl while the school is on winter break.

I am a fensitter on the whole bowl vs. playoff thing, but this finals argument grows tired.

I-AA, II, and III football plays football right after the season every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #848
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Actually, there are 85 million reasons the fat cats are doing things this way.

Is that the payout or the eyeballs?!?
Old 01-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #849
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
I just thought the same thing. I find myself pulling for the Buckeyes....The SEC fans and their "we're god's gift to college football" gets tiresome.

*raises hand*

So, yeah, not liking how this game is starting (as an errant snap flies past Flynn)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:34 PM   #850
Icy
Pro Starter

LSU really wants to lose this game it seems.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote