Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Well cool!

be glad I was in the bog you were the next to get shot w/ a crossbow
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:39 PM   #802
Telle
College Starter

I've got LOTS of info to share.. and will do so once I wrap up this thing I'm working on (silly work getting in the way of me playing games.. I wouldn't put up with this shit if they weren't paying me... )
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:40 PM   #803
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post

I wonder if I would have survived it or not.. I had quite a bunch of defensive items. I had like 3 or 4 + defensive items plus some magical hole thing that I have no clue what it would have done...

So my questions....

Telle - How much of your last PM with me was a lie? Not saying I didn't fully distrust you, but something seemed wrong to me. Did you actually not know you were tainted, or just buying time? Thanks for all the help during the game though.. for people who didn't know.. Telle actually found me, I didn't find her.. so she helped me out alot

Render - What exactly would that ring I had do if I had risked using it, and same with that magical hole?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:41 PM   #804
SnDvls
Pro Starter

fun game RendeR

some quirky things here and there, but overall a very fun game from my side...wish people would be active and stay active in WW games though...this dissappearing near the deadline and not voting crap sucks for the players and the GM though
Old 11-09-2007, 12:41 PM   #805
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I've got LOTS of info to share.. and will do so once I wrap up this thing I'm working on (silly work getting in the way of me playing games.. I wouldn't put up with this shit if they weren't paying me... )

Yeah.. I figured you had something there you wern't sharing with me.. but since my key to winning was through you, I had to pretty much go along with it.. I figured instead of waiting till the end of the day like you said, I would just go take Sndvls out now and see what happened
Old 11-09-2007, 12:47 PM   #806
RendeR
Coordinator

I pdated the front page with everyone's roles.

There were a MYRIAD of magic items in this game.

ACME SLEEP GAS GRENADE - took out everyone in the enchanted Castle day 2, made them unconscious for 24 hours.

The Portable Hole is a one time use insta-save from any hand to hand attack.

The Ring you has Alan was of protection, it gave you a defensive Bonus.

path hit the most poten item in the game, the Djinni's Lamp. He had to roll a search of 95%+ to get a second roll, the second and a THIRD all had to be 95%+ to find the lamp, his rolls were 100,99,100. So he got the lamp, and the wishes. More the Fool He =)

I'l galdy try to answer any questions people have about items or mechanics within the game.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:48 PM   #807
Thomkal
Head Coach

woot good fairy tale guys! Okay then who killed me and why?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:50 PM   #808
RendeR
Coordinator

From my point of view this game was hilarious. So many times you all did or said things that just made me ROLL.

And on a side note: Yer all a lying sneaking conniving bunch of freaks =)

GM-ing the game is REALLY fun and I hope everyone enjoyed this one. I'll definitely run another game but the next one is going to be far simpler and, I think, based on Battlestar Galactica.

HUZZAH for Shrek, the King of FairyTale Land!
Old 11-09-2007, 12:50 PM   #809
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Actually I may have answered my own question. Red Riding Hood started with a crossbow... (which was hilarious to me by the way). Had absolutely no powers, no people I had to find, just had to help the pigs win to win myself.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:52 PM   #810
RendeR
Coordinator

You got killed by a wolf thomkal, I can't recall if it was DC or Olie, but one of them shredded you.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:52 PM   #811
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Actually I may have answered my own question. Red Riding Hood started with a crossbow... (which was hilarious to me by the way). Had absolutely no powers, no people I had to find, just had to help the pigs win to win myself.

I didn't kill you, but I did find the crossbow w/ some blood on it and shread of red cloth
Old 11-09-2007, 12:55 PM   #812
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I still don't know what the hell is going on! Congrats Alan!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:56 PM   #813
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
You got killed by a wolf thomkal, I can't recall if it was DC or Olie, but one of them shredded you.

Ah at the time I had thought it was Olie or PurdueBrad I believe because both had mentioned the attack on me.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:56 PM   #814
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I still don't know what the hell is going on! Congrats Alan!

basically you were screwed when SnDvls put a crossbow bolt through hoops head.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:57 PM   #815
path12
Coordinator

I really had fun this game. There's something to be said about a good old fashioned free-for-all now and then.....I'd like to see a similar ruleset again where all the players know it's pretty much everyone for themselves from the beginning.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:57 PM   #816
Thomkal
Head Coach

Huzzah for Alan and Telle!
Old 11-09-2007, 12:58 PM   #817
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I really had fun this game. There's something to be said about a good old fashioned free-for-all now and then.....I'd like to see a similar ruleset again where all the players know it's pretty much everyone for themselves from the beginning.

ditto

I actually prefer these games
Old 11-09-2007, 12:58 PM   #818
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Do you mean jeheinz? I was finally at the point of realizing that there wasn't much I could do, so I was about to go recklessly a-killin', fess up to both attacks, then use my duke powers once I got voted in the bog. But first I didn't want to do it right before going to lunch -- I wanted to see the hubbub. Then after lunch, I got busy, then the game was over. Kind of anti-climactic for me, but on the other hand, all my killin' probably wouldn't have made any difference.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:59 PM   #819
hoopsguy
General Manager

So did SnDvls kill me? If so, why? I don't think I was remotely threatening him at the time.

I'm bummed that my first search was on Lancelot and I guess I flubbed the dice roll.

Very chaotic game to try and follow from where I sat - my win conditions seemed pretty straightforward, but there was so much going on with other players that I couldn't really tell when someone was full of crap with fake role reveals or if the game supported that much changing of sides, conditions, whatever.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:59 PM   #820
Lorena
Unregistered

Things just started off really bad for us with Sebastian not showing up and cronin outting me on the second day. BK beat me to a pulp and was gone... I was so bummed cuz I was so thrilled that I was finally, *finally* a wolf and well, it didn't last.

Thomkal, Oliegirl was the one that got you... it was a random choice really. I spied on Schmidty on Day 2 and found out he was a pig. Our victory condition was to kill 'em all and I guess it failed.

Anyway, it was fun to follow along.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:59 PM   #821
Telle
College Starter

Ok, so here's what happened with me...

On Day 2 I think, DT attacked me. Well, he tried to. He tripped and fell and then ran away. So once I saw that I came out screaming telling everyone what happened and that he was a wolf. Well next thing I know I have another PM, saying that he attacked me AGAIN, and was actually trying to convert me.. but the conversion only partly worked. I was now half-wolf. So I was told that my first action had to be to help my original team, and my second action had to be to help the wolves. I could now win with either my original victory conditions or with the wolves. And I could NOT tell Alan about my new wolfiness and I could not tell the wolves anything about him (so they didn't know what character I was aligned with or who was playing that character). And sorry I had to lie to you Alan, but I was specifically told that I could not regain the thrown (and thus we could not win) if I told you or anybody else that I was now part wolf.

So then we wolves had a problem.. I had already told everybody that DT was a wolf. Oliegirl came up with some complicated thing about how I could say that I got information that he was converted to a wolf for a day but was now human again and couldn't be converted again.. but that seemed too over the top to me. But I used the general idea and said I found a potion and used it on him and it turned him human (which seemed plausible with this convoluted of a game.. and I threw in the line about him being naked because it matched RendeR's style with talking about Little Red's lacy panties). But then the only other two people receiving votes were Alan and Oliegirl, so that was no good.. so I picked SnDvls' name out of a hat and was shocked that so many people jumped on it! And DT ended up getting sent to the bog anyways.. but at least I did try to live up to my wolf side (at first I was pretty ticked about my conversion and was contemplating using my pro-villager action to kill him ).
Old 11-09-2007, 01:00 PM   #822
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Why would Pass be screwed in that situation? I thought only Lancelot (Chief Rum) was hosed at that time?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:00 PM   #823
path12
Coordinator

Also, I checked with Render after the game. If I had asked for invulnerability for my last wish I would have been turned the statue also. I guess that third wish would have been that I survive the game alive.

You can imagine my face when after the first two wishes I got both my victory conditions fufilled and then........WHAMMO!
Old 11-09-2007, 01:00 PM   #824
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Things just started off really bad for us with Sebastian not showing up and cronin outting me on the second day. BK beat me to a pulp and was gone... I was so bummed cuz I was so thrilled that I was finally, *finally* a wolf and well, it didn't last.

Thomkal, Oliegirl was the one that got you... it was a random choice really. I spied on Schmidty on Day 2 and found out he was a pig. Our victory condition was to kill 'em all and I guess it failed.

Random? Dude, even wolves should have had some honor. Bad call.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:01 PM   #825
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yeah I had fun too.. I got kind of frustrated mid-game for a bit as I was having absolutely zero luck at all. I also got frustrated that no one wanted to help me go after Oliegirl, but I guess in the end that might have been good for me but bad for the rest of the good guys.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:02 PM   #826
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Yeah I had fun too.. I got kind of frustrated mid-game for a bit as I was having absolutely zero luck at all. I also got frustrated that no one wanted to help me go after Oliegirl, but I guess in the end that might have been good for me but bad for the rest of the good guys.

FTR, I was planning on duking to oliegirl at some point. My vote on Schmidty was just to see who would join me -- but no one did.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:04 PM   #827
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Random? Dude, even wolves should have had some honor. Bad call.

yah well, i'm no good at this game anyway.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:04 PM   #828
hoopsguy
General Manager

For what it is worth, I saw a number of people say after my death that I had cleared Oliegirl. I only wanted her alive for one more day so I could see if she was Lancelot, given that she said she was hunting for the dragon.

I checked her, she wasn't Lancelot, and I questioned her more the next day. Then I was killed in the middle of the day.

I learned that Telle was a princess, which is why I said I was pretty sure I could name her role. There were three people who fit that description in the rules, I was one of them and Pass had already said he was Buttercup. So I had Telle as Fiona.

Kind of a bummer that the wolves were impacted by no-show players - starting with Sebastian and continuing with DT, who was way less active than normal as the fill-in.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:05 PM   #829
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Ok, so here's what happened with me...

On Day 2 I think, DT attacked me. Well, he tried to. He tripped and fell and then ran away. So once I saw that I came out screaming telling everyone what happened and that he was a wolf. Well next thing I know I have another PM, saying that he attacked me AGAIN, and was actually trying to convert me.. but the conversion only partly worked. I was now half-wolf. So I was told that my first action had to be to help my original team, and my second action had to be to help the wolves. I could now win with either my original victory conditions or with the wolves. And I could NOT tell Alan about my new wolfiness and I could not tell the wolves anything about him (so they didn't know what character I was aligned with or who was playing that character). And sorry I had to lie to you Alan, but I was specifically told that I could not regain the thrown (and thus we could not win) if I told you or anybody else that I was now part wolf.

So then we wolves had a problem.. I had already told everybody that DT was a wolf. Oliegirl came up with some complicated thing about how I could say that I got information that he was converted to a wolf for a day but was now human again and couldn't be converted again.. but that seemed too over the top to me. But I used the general idea and said I found a potion and used it on him and it turned him human (which seemed plausible with this convoluted of a game.. and I threw in the line about him being naked because it matched RendeR's style with talking about Little Red's lacy panties). But then the only other two people receiving votes were Alan and Oliegirl, so that was no good.. so I picked SnDvls' name out of a hat and was shocked that so many people jumped on it! And DT ended up getting sent to the bog anyways.. but at least I did try to live up to my wolf side (at first I was pretty ticked about my conversion and was contemplating using my pro-villager action to kill him ).

Hehe, thats fine.. It was fun playing with you the entire time. That day Sndvls vs DT vote was pretty interesting.. I don't really know why I saved Sndvls and voted DT away for a second time.. it was just a gut instinct last minute that I second guessed myself on the rest of the day...

I guess in the end it didn't matter who I voted in that pair, both were good to get rid of.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:06 PM   #830
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Do you mean jeheinz? I was finally at the point of realizing that there wasn't much I could do, so I was about to go recklessly a-killin', fess up to both attacks, then use my duke powers once I got voted in the bog. But first I didn't want to do it right before going to lunch -- I wanted to see the hubbub. Then after lunch, I got busy, then the game was over. Kind of anti-climactic for me, but on the other hand, all my killin' probably wouldn't have made any difference.

yes jehienz, sorry, so many princesses, so little brainpower.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:06 PM   #831
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
So did SnDvls kill me? If so, why? I don't think I was remotely threatening him at the time.

I'm bummed that my first search was on Lancelot and I guess I flubbed the dice roll.

Very chaotic game to try and follow from where I sat - my win conditions seemed pretty straightforward, but there was so much going on with other players that I couldn't really tell when someone was full of crap with fake role reveals or if the game supported that much changing of sides, conditions, whatever.

no reason for the kill except that I knew my win condition was eliminate the Evil Mastermind & the dragon & find Fiona...with that in mind I kinda figured out other's goals...by eliminating you it took out someone's victory condition and hopefully they would help me in taking out the EM & Dragon or concentrate on taking out the wolves.

same goes for St. C
Old 11-09-2007, 01:08 PM   #832
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Thanks DC for letting me know. I'll forgive you for killing me on night 1 because you and Olie might not have been aware that I was returning to WW after a long hiatus. But if you did know and then killed me anyway on a random pick, couldn't you have made another pick and let me live a day?

I couldn't figure out what I had said or done that would have gotten me killed. Like Barkeep suspected during the game, I thought perhaps you had a victory condition concerning me, and got very lucky on finding me on night 1.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:08 PM   #833
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also, I checked with Render after the game. If I had asked for invulnerability for my last wish I would have been turned the statue also. I guess that third wish would have been that I survive the game alive.

You can imagine my face when after the first two wishes I got both my victory conditions fufilled and then........WHAMMO!

That actually was a great sequence of events.. I enjoyed that alot even though I was not even involved..
Old 11-09-2007, 01:11 PM   #834
SnDvls
Pro Starter

what was each person's victory condition?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:12 PM   #835
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Kind of a bummer that the wolves were impacted by no-show players - starting with Sebastian and continuing with DT, who was way less active than normal as the fill-in.

Actually DT was fully active right from the beginning when he replaced sebastian on day 2. He chose to lay low and let everyone think his role was still stuck in the bog so he could scheme in the background for a day or so.

Then he got tossed back in the bog on day 4, so he really only had 2 full days out of 5 to play.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:13 PM   #836
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

I had to find Shrek (Alan), find my crown, and eliminate Lord Farquad. Then later I had my alternate victory condition of helping the wolves eliminate the pigs.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:15 PM   #837
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I had to find my talking donkey (an item), find fiona (Telle) and eliminate you.

Which with you in the bog means that I could have left you the rest of the day there and still won, but I wasn't sure how much I could trust Telle after today.. once again not sure why.. was just a gut instinct.. mostly because I knew Sndvls was my nemesis so couldn't figure out ntn's play if he was lying about it at this point..

So I was in it with Telle to the end but I guess I wasn't sure if she was trustworthy anymore
Old 11-09-2007, 01:15 PM   #838
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As a pig, I'll take the win. I don;t need to be a super winner, just a winner

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:15 PM   #839
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Thanks DC for letting me know. I'll forgive you for killing me on night 1 because you and Olie might not have been aware that I was returning to WW after a long hiatus. But if you did know and then killed me anyway on a random pick, couldn't you have made another pick and let me live a day?

I couldn't figure out what I had said or done that would have gotten me killed. Like Barkeep suspected during the game, I thought perhaps you had a victory condition concerning me, and got very lucky on finding me on night 1.

I haven't played for a while and had no idea you were back from a hiatus... really, really sorry Thomkal Had I known we would have chosen someone else.

Our victory condition was to kill the pigs. Did everyone have a minor or were we the only ones that didn't?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:16 PM   #840
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I was Super Sow. We had to get rid of the wolves.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:16 PM   #841
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

There were a ton of bad guys, but the pigs were an uber-powerful good guy faction, with a seer, a bg and me.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:16 PM   #842
path12
Coordinator

I had to have Lancelot dead (not lynched), and the Evil Mastermind to win.

Shit, I just realized I could have won the damn game if my third wish had been "Have Evil Mastermind win the game".
Old 11-09-2007, 01:17 PM   #843
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Find Lancelot (Rum), find my (as if it belonged to that usurper Fiona) crown, and slay the Dragon.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:18 PM   #844
path12
Coordinator

I killed jeheinz, btw. Tried to drop a rock on Pass' head also but missed. There might have been one other person I killed (besides Chief with the wish) but I don't remember right this second.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:19 PM   #845
Lorena
Unregistered

Oh, I tried spying on Alan on Day 2 but something stunk really bad... so bad it made my eyes water for a few minutes and then he was gone. Alan what did you eat?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:20 PM   #846
SnDvls
Pro Starter

so was I the only person that had to kill 2 people and then find a third? but I also had to find those two people before killing them...seems like a lot for one person.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:21 PM   #847
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh, I tried spying on Alan on Day 2 but something stunk really bad... so bad it made my eyes water for a few minutes and then he was gone. Alan what did you eat?

Its because I was shrek.. I don't remember the exact line from the movie, but something about being an onion errr ogre.. Basically I was so smelly that people couldn't spy on me. I knew you were meaning me that day, and just played clueless and ignored it. I didn't really want to draw attention on myself.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:21 PM   #848
Lorena
Unregistered

DT had a miserable roll when he converted Telle... I think it was 7/100? Yikes!
Old 11-09-2007, 01:22 PM   #849
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
so was I the only person that had to kill 2 people and then find a third? but I also had to find those two people before killing them...seems like a lot for one person.

Couldn't have been much worse than trying to find an item.. I spent 4 days of actions trying to find my item. Telle and my strategy was to not even worry about who you were and try to find our items instead. Figured by the time we found them hopefully you would have been revealed or already dead.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:22 PM   #850
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

Wolves had to elimiante the pigs. (dead)
Pigs had to eliminate the wolves.
The Dragon had to imprison the three princesses.
The Evil Mastermind had to kill all 3 heros.
Lord farquad had to kidnap Fiona and kill the evil mastermind and Dragon
Shrek had to find Fiona and Donkey and eliminate farquad
The Dread Pirate Roberts had to find Buttercup, eliminate the evil mastermind and find his black pirate mask.
Sir lancelot had to find Guenivere, Kill the Dragon and Find Exaclibur.
All the Princesses had to find theor Crowns and deal with the same roles that their Heros did.

Extras:
Little Red Riding Hood: Yer short, yer a girl and yer mother dresses you funny. You are Little Red Riding Hood. You win if the Pigs win.

Doris the Ugly Stepsister: Ok, so you have gorilla feet, your lip has more hair than Scooby Doo’s ass and those teeth…gah let’s not even GO there. You’re the ugly stepsister. You win if the Dragon Wins.

Black Knight: Shining armor, feh, you’d rather slit the throats of helpless women and children. YOU are the Black Knight! You win if the Evil Mastermind Wins.

Tinkerbelle: Talk about tough luck…yer boyfriend, Peter, runs off with a REAL girl, you busted up your house trying to impress the gay little freak and now even the lost boys think yer just a tramp with wings….You are Tinkerbelle. You win if the Little pigs win.

Last edited by RendeR : 11-09-2007 at 01:23 PM.