Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-19-2007, 10:04 AM   #801
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I wonder if a human that gets scanned will be told the player name (to help form a COT since that is obviously our only method to do so), and androids that are scanned are only told the character and not the player name, so they don't have an easy night kill..
Then Cronin knowing he has been scanned as an android and outed, comes out first in a way that Holden would have to out himself in order to condemn him, ie 1 for 1 swap.

I'm trying to remember from the movie, but don't the Blade Runners kill the replicants once they determine their status with the test? That doesn't necessarily mean the same thing will happen in game, but is it possible that they can scan and kill on the same night? Or in the case of Holden, scan and try to kill?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:04 AM   #802
st.cronin
General Manager

There is a difference between Telle's dream and mine, mine specifically said I remember nothing of the dream, but woke up ... satisfied. Telle says her dream was of sex. Its not quite the same situation as ardent and Swaggs.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:05 AM   #803
Telle
College Starter

For your consideration...

Day 1 - Kwhit performs the test on AE, and discovers he's a wolf.
Day 2 - Kwhit attempts to kill AE but misses because he's Holden and not that good. The wolves then kill Kwhit that night.
Day 3 - St. Cronin, AE's fellow replicant, comes out claiming he was scanned last night by Holden knowing full well that Holden is dead and can't dispute him!
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:07 AM   #804
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Telle, you've sent mixed up signals here, please clarify, you elarned the ROLE the player has when they scanned you OR you learned the players name?

You flip flopped on that in a couple posts.

I'm sorry.. I'm just so excited that I think I caught a wolf!!

I learned the player's name, not the role.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:08 AM   #805
RendeR
Coordinator

Cronin tries to explain the dreams as different to seperate himself from a possible link that we have discovered. Then Telle's last post comes along and makes even more sense.

I think we have found a replicant folks. Question is, do we vote him off and never know for sure or wait and let one of the blade runners kill him tonight?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:09 AM   #806
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Telle, if I'm a wolf/replicant/whatever, I'm going to beat down tanglewood after the game for not informing me that I was.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:09 AM   #807
st.cronin
General Manager

Telle, rule #1 for a wolf is do not lie unless you absolutely have to. A wolf who knew the scanning procedure would describe it pitch-perfectly. The fact that your experience and mine is different actually makes me trust you more, not less.

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 10:09 AM   #808
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
There is a difference between Telle's dream and mine, mine specifically said I remember nothing of the dream, but woke up ... satisfied. Telle says her dream was of sex. Its not quite the same situation as ardent and Swaggs.

Hmm.. that is somewhat different then. The wording of mine did not sound like I was in any way "satisfied".
Old 07-19-2007, 10:11 AM   #809
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
But how would cronin have known that telle would be told the player name? I'm very inclined to form our COT around those two people as well.

I doubt he would have known. As an android he would have just known he was scanned by Holden, and knowing that eventually it would get out, that he woudl try to out holden so they at least know who to go after at night. So he presented a story that sounded reasonable based on what he knew (That he received a character name) to try to both earn trust, plus force Holden to out himself.

Then Telle having learned a player's name instead of the character name blew that apart as she is good and received different information.

Its just a hypothesis, but the only thing I can think of other than either telle being bad (and why would she have outed herself like that), or simply the different guys give different messages (Deckard message vs holden message), but I would assume that is easily enough figured out based on who else got scanned.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:12 AM   #810
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Hmm.. that is somewhat different then. The wording of mine did not sound like I was in any way "satisfied".

What woman ever is.....err.nevermind
Old 07-19-2007, 10:12 AM   #811
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm sticking with AE today.

What I have learned from the Telle/st.cronin situation is that a scanned player learns the player's ID.

Who did AE vote for yesterday? Who did KWhit vote for yesterday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood View Post
Day 2 Vote Count

bulletsponge 6 - Barkeep49, Telle, st.cronin, AlanT, Jonathan Ezarik, Chief Rum
ardent enthusiast 5 - KWhit, LoneStarGirl, Swaggs, bulletsponge, path12
KWhit 2 - twothree, ardent enthusiast
Alan T 1 - Lathum
RendeR 1 - ntndeacon

Did not vote: RendeR

Results post coming up.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:14 AM   #812
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I doubt he would have known. As an android he would have just known he was scanned by Holden, and knowing that eventually it would get out, that he woudl try to out holden so they at least know who to go after at night. So he presented a story that sounded reasonable based on what he knew (That he received a character name) to try to both earn trust, plus force Holden to out himself.

Then Telle having learned a player's name instead of the character name blew that apart as she is good and received different information.

Its just a hypothesis, but the only thing I can think of other than either telle being bad (and why would she have outed herself like that), or simply the different guys give different messages (Deckard message vs holden message), but I would assume that is easily enough figured out based on who else got scanned.

How have I tried to out Holden? I've said I know who Holden is. If I want to out him, I just say HOLDEN IS PLAYER X.

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 10:14 AM   #813
st.cronin
General Manager

I'll go along with Swaggs... for now.

vote Ardent Enthusiast

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 10:15 AM   #814
Swaggs
Coordinator

Vote Ardent Enthusiast
Old 07-19-2007, 10:17 AM   #815
Telle
College Starter

And if Swagg's theory about Kwhit is correct, and my theory that he was Holden is correct, then my theory holds with Kwhit following the plan he posted and scanning AE.

However, since Swaggs said he wasn't scanned, then whoever Deckard is didn't follow Kwhit's plan. And so we're still waiting to hear from someone else who was scanned night 1.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:18 AM   #816
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Who did AE vote for yesterday? Who did KWhit vote for yesterday?
I fail to see your point. It's cool you think it's weird we had the same dream. I think it's weird as well. I'm happy to go down that road.

Vote Swaggs
Old 07-19-2007, 10:18 AM   #817
Swaggs
Coordinator

Here is a thought to flesh out a bit:

If we accept the fact that Blade Runners are IDed when they run their tests (which I think we all have), should the Blade Runners ID a replicant when they find one?

The replicants will obviously know the Blade Runners once they are IDed, so there is little benefit in keeping it a secret, from what I can tell. The Blade Runners can give us a chance to lynch the replicant and buy themselves another night by having the bodyguard protect them. And, we can build a bit of a CoT. Any thoughts on this?

(Note: I am not advocating them doing so, just looking for discussion)
Old 07-19-2007, 10:20 AM   #818
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
And if Swagg's theory about Kwhit is correct, and my theory that he was Holden is correct, then my theory holds with Kwhit following the plan he posted and scanning AE.

However, since Swaggs said he wasn't scanned, then whoever Deckard is didn't follow Kwhit's plan. And so we're still waiting to hear from someone else who was scanned night 1.
Are we assuming I've been scanned? I haven't been.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:21 AM   #819
RendeR
Coordinator

I want to hear from another scanned player so we can get a better read on this situation.

I was not scanned and have not received any pm's beyond my cheese dream.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:21 AM   #820
Telle
College Starter

Oh, and just if anyone didn't quite catch it... if my theory is correct, then we've caught TWO replicants!! Both AE and St. Cronin!!

So we can lynch one today and have Deckard blow the other away tonight!
Old 07-19-2007, 10:21 AM   #821
st.cronin
General Manager

Swaggs, does it seem possible to you that replicants don't find out if they get scanned?

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 10:22 AM   #822
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post

I'm saying you're a replicant who was scanned by a now deceased Bladerunner. Of course you'd say you haven't been scanned!
Old 07-19-2007, 10:22 AM   #823
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Right. Too simple.

If it were that easy, and I was a replicant, knowing that cronin and I were replicants and we're totallly screwed now...I'd just give up.

Fact is, I know I'm human, as per my PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:22 AM   #824
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

I find the highly unlikely AE, everyone was out for you to get scanned early.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:23 AM   #825
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I'm saying you're a replicant who was scanned by a now deceased Bladerunner. Of course you'd say you haven't been scanned!
They're selling clues at K-Mart. Blue light special.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:23 AM   #826
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

Right. Too simple.

If it were that easy, and I was a replicant, knowing that cronin and I were replicants and we're totallly screwed now...I'd just give up.

Fact is, I know I'm human, as per my PM.

Oh come on.. last game when it was beyond clear as day that RendeR was a wolf he still did everything he could think of to try and avoid getting lynched.. and I don't recall NTN then rolling over when he became the last remaining wolf.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:23 AM   #827
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How have I tried to out Holden? I've said I know who Holden is. If I want to out him, I just say HOLDEN IS PLAYER X.

Ahh I misread your initial post. I went back and looked at it and saw you said you were told who the player was as well. For some reason I was thinking that was what was different between your story and Telle's. BUt the difference is you learned the role when she didn't.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:24 AM   #828
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I find it very unlikely as well.

Only PMs I've received:

Tangle: Tennis human role
Cronin: Some bbcf thing
Tangle: Don't worry about screwing up the game
Tangle: don't post my pm's again (warning)

If I was scanned, it's news to me.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:25 AM   #829
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Oh come on.. last game when it was beyond clear as day that RendeR was a wolf he still did everything he could think of to try and avoid getting lynched.. and I don't recall NTN then rolling over when he became the last remaining wolf.
You clearly don't know me that well.

If it's a sinking ship, I'm jumping.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:25 AM   #830
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
You clearly don't know me that well.

If it's a sinking ship, I'm jumping.
Seriously, I would. I'd give you all a good game, because you would have obviously had the easiest game ever to figure out who the replicants were.

Come on.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:25 AM   #831
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Swaggs, does it seem possible to you that replicants don't find out if they get scanned?

Sure.

That's why I don't want to do anything with you or Telle today and am hoping some other folks will step up with information from being scanned.

The thing that bothers me with your account is that KWhit called for Deckard to scan me and Holden to scan AE. You are saying that KWhit is not Holden, so that blows a big hole in the case against AE.

Granted the case against AE could be completely circumstantial, but there are a quite lot of things supporting it, as well.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:27 AM   #832
st.cronin
General Manager

My guess is that something pretty dramatic happens if a replicant gets scanned, and I'm thinking that hasn't happened yet.

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 10:27 AM   #833
twothree
College Prospect

Well, just woke up and got caught up. At least it looks like we have some information to work with today.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:28 AM   #834
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Here is a thought to flesh out a bit:

If we accept the fact that Blade Runners are IDed when they run their tests (which I think we all have), should the Blade Runners ID a replicant when they find one?

The replicants will obviously know the Blade Runners once they are IDed, so there is little benefit in keeping it a secret, from what I can tell. The Blade Runners can give us a chance to lynch the replicant and buy themselves another night by having the bodyguard protect them. And, we can build a bit of a CoT. Any thoughts on this?

(Note: I am not advocating them doing so, just looking for discussion)

There is 14 people left. 3 evil, so 11 good. 2 (or possibly just 1) of the remaining left are a blade runner. (Assuming at least 1 is alive based on Cronin and Telle not wanting to out who scanned them, could be different people and both still alive though). 2 scanned people who for this arguement we'll assume are good, 1 bodyguard (assuming he isn't dead or one of the scanned people). That leaves:

3 unknown evil, as few as 6 unknown good or possibly as many as 8 unknown good.

Probably not good enough odds for people to out themselves just yet, but if we can get a few other scanned known goods out there, it would be better odds for us to be at a place to just open up and reveal who is good and who is left to choose from.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:29 AM   #835
Poli
FOFC Survivor

If tangle DID make me or swaggs a replicant and told us BOTH we're humans, then I'll never play a game tangle moderates again.

Tell me I'm a human when I'm actually something else is fairly...without calling ANYONE a name, sucky.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:32 AM   #836
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
There is 14 people left. 3 evil, so 11 good. 2 (or possibly just 1) of the remaining left are a blade runner. (Assuming at least 1 is alive based on Cronin and Telle not wanting to out who scanned them, could be different people and both still alive though). 2 scanned people who for this arguement we'll assume are good, 1 bodyguard (assuming he isn't dead or one of the scanned people). That leaves:

3 unknown evil, as few as 6 unknown good or possibly as many as 8 unknown good.

Probably not good enough odds for people to out themselves just yet, but if we can get a few other scanned known goods out there, it would be better odds for us to be at a place to just open up and reveal who is good and who is left to choose from.

What about Telle and st.cronin claiming to know the identity of who scanned them (both agree on the identity, but not the role)?

If the wolves also learn the identity from a scan, then the Blade Runners are sitting ducks and we lose all information they have acquired.

Probably too early, but something to think about.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:32 AM   #837
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I find it very unlikely as well.

Only PMs I've received:

Tangle: Tennis human role
Cronin: Some bbcf thing
Tangle: Don't worry about screwing up the game
Tangle: don't post my pm's again (warning)

If I was scanned, it's news to me.

Right and of course we just HAVE to trust this as you wouldn't ever lie about such a thing. Come on Ardent, you're too well known a player to try this gambit.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:32 AM   #838
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
I want to hear from another scanned player so we can get a better read on this situation.

I was not scanned and have not received any pm's beyond my cheese dream.

To my knowledge, I was not scanned last night.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:34 AM   #839
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Right and of course we just HAVE to trust this as you wouldn't ever lie about such a thing. Come on Ardent, you're too well known a player to try this gambit.
I could jpeg my PM folder, I've done that in the past. I could do any number of things...only I keep getting slapped with "you can't do this or that" stuff.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:36 AM   #840
st.cronin
General Manager

Is there any reason for a player who was scanned to not say anything?

The following players have not checked in today:

LoneStarGirl, path12, Lathum

Only two of us have claimed to be scanned. What are the odds? Pretty long I think.

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 10:36 AM   #841
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
What about Telle and st.cronin claiming to know the identity of who scanned them (both agree on the identity, but not the role)?

If the wolves also learn the identity from a scan, then the Blade Runners are sitting ducks and we lose all information they have acquired.

Probably too early, but something to think about.

But I don't think they know who scanned me. I think they learned one and killed him. And since there's still one unknown replicant out there (assuming that I'm right about AE and St. Cronin), I don't think Deckard should out himself at this point.

BUT.. I did just realize that Deckard can know that what I'm saying is correct and be sure that I'm human since he personally performed the test on me, and thus he can kill St. Cronin tonight without worrying that I'm leading him astray. So in that case, we should lynch AE and let the Bladerunner take care of St. Cronin, right?

Unvote St. Cronin
Vote Ardent Enthusiast
Old 07-19-2007, 10:36 AM   #842
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Let me guess, though, I'm too "smart" a player for that, though...yada yada yada.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:38 AM   #843
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

And everyone was calling for Swaggs to be scanned as well. Was he?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:38 AM   #844
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
But I don't think they know who scanned me. I think they learned one and killed him. And since there's still one unknown replicant out there (assuming that I'm right about AE and St. Cronin), I don't think Deckard should out himself at this point.

BUT.. I did just realize that Deckard can know that what I'm saying is correct and be sure that I'm human since he personally performed the test on me, and thus he can kill St. Cronin tonight without worrying that I'm leading him astray. So in that case, we should lynch AE and let the Bladerunner take care of St. Cronin, right?

Unvote St. Cronin
Vote Ardent Enthusiast

Yeah, and you and we'll all sing by the campfire after the world's easiest werewolf game known to me.

Put on a jacket, you're snowing yourself in.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:39 AM   #845
Poli
FOFC Survivor

known to me = known to man.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:39 AM   #846
RendeR
Coordinator

No
Quote:
Let me guess, though, I'm too "smart" a player for that, though...yada yada yada.

No no Ardent, I never said you were smart
Old 07-19-2007, 10:39 AM   #847
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
And everyone was calling for Swaggs to be scanned as well. Was he?
ding ding ding
Old 07-19-2007, 10:40 AM   #848
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
No

No no Ardent, I never said you were smart
Right. Whatever.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:42 AM   #849
Poli
FOFC Survivor

You know, it might just be fitting if this game had me as a replicant and I didn't know it.

If that's the case, I'd sincerely hope that the humans win an insanely easy slam dunk game.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:42 AM   #850
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Right. Whatever.

It was a joke, tenderfoot.