Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-17-2007, 01:59 PM   #801
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Well, the bucks do retain his rights indefinitely as long as he signs with another pro team. He can't re-enter the draft unless he spends a whole year as a non-professional ballplayer.

and if you are the bucks right now you probably don't even want the guy since he will be a huge pain in the ass. why they picked him is a mystery to me. they had to have some knowledge of the landscape with that guy.

he sucked in vegas too. good pick by the bucks.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:02 PM   #802
miami_fan
Coordinator

Is Yi a 3 or a 4? I can not figure out why Yi or his reps don't feel he won't get playing time on the Bucks. IF he is as good as advertised, he should walk into at least a spot in the rotation no matter which one of those positions he plays. Is he worried about competing against Ruben Patterson? Bobby Simmons? Brian Skinner?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:04 PM   #803
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Is Yi a 3 or a 4? I can not figure out why Yi or his reps don't feel he won't get playing time on the Bucks. IF he is as good as advertised, he should walk into at least a spot in the rotation no matter which one of those positions he plays. Is he worried about competing against Ruben Patterson? Bobby Simmons? Brian Skinner?

there are no 19 year old little chinese boys to play against
Old 07-17-2007, 02:19 PM   #804
Logan
Head Coach

Or 5 foot chairs.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:26 PM   #805
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Or Danny Ainge.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:51 PM   #806
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I don't think there is anything wrong with a player forcing a team's hand. And since in his case, his agents are the Chinese government..this doesn't bother me.

American players do it in all sports and teams deal them. Or else, Kobe would be a Hornet and pulling a Reggie in New Orleans right now.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-17-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:30 PM   #807
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Is Yi a 3 or a 4?

From what I saw of him in 5 summer league games, he's neither.

Seriously, the Bucks should move this guy while there are still GMs out there who think he has value or "potential".

If they are set on keeping him, they should just keep his rights and force him to go to Milwaukee if he ever intends on playing in the NBA. Just a disaster of a draft for Milwaukee since the very second they announced their pick on draft day. What the hell were they thinking?
Old 07-19-2007, 05:00 PM   #808
JeeberD
General Manager

Stevie Franchise is coming home to Houston, boys and girls...

http://chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4982185.html

Steve Francis to return to Rockets
Three-time All-Star picks former team over Heat, Mavs and Clippers

Three seasons and three teams removed from the Rockets, Steve Francis will return to the team for which three times he was an All-Star.

Once known as "Franchise" as the cornerstone of the Rockets' planned post Hakeem Olajuwon rebuilding, Francis chose to return the Rockets on Thursday, passing on more lucrative offers from the Heat, Mavericks and Clippers.

"I think he sees this as a rebirth, as a restart of his career," Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said.

"Steve has a sense we're real close. We think he can be a big part of getting us there. I always thought it was a long shot. Credit to Steve, he chose what he thought was the best chance to win over options that were better financially.

"There was always a chance that Steve would choose Houston, until Steve told me today himself he was coming it felt like a long shot. Jeff Fried was doing a great job as an agent creating options. It came down to Steve focusing on what was the most important to him and that was winning."

The Rockets were limited to the portion of the mid-level exception remaining after acquiring forward Luis Scola last weeks, worth $2.4 million the first year. He will sign a two-year contract with the option to opt out after one season.

Francis played five seasons for the Rockets, averaging 19.3 points, 6.4 assists and 6.1 rebounds. He was traded in June, 2004 to the Orlando Magic along with Cuttino Mobley and Kelvin Cato in the deal to acquire Tracy McGrady. After one strong season with the Magic, he was dealt to the Knicks the next season and generally struggled to regain the form of his first years in the league, usually coming off the bench in the Knicks' crowded backcourt and battling knee troubles last season.

Francis is scheduled for a physical this afternoon, but has reported no problems with the knee since last season.

"It's a combination of a variety of factors including the fit with the team, a comfortableness with the organization and a familiarity with the surroundings," Fried said. "He has a home in Houston. In so many ways, it has remained his home, despite some interim stops, Orlando and New York.

"For Steve, it's coming home."

Dealt the Portland Trail Blazers after the season, he accepted a buyout of the last two seasons of his contract, worth roughly $30 million.

He had considered offers to reunite with Mobley, a friend and former teammate, and Sam Cassell, a friend and business partner, with the Clippers, and to play with each of the 2006 NBA Finals teams, the Mavericks and Heat.

"It's a chance to win," Morey said. "Both Yao (Ming) and Tracy really helped with the recruiting process and are excited about our chance to win with the additions in the off-season," Morey said. "We're feeling good we've addressed a lot of our goals."

The addition of Francis will likely trigger more changes. He would give the Rockets five point guards. Morey has said he is seeking to move John Lucas III. Several teams, the New Orleans Hornets in particular, have indicated interest, but Morey said nothing is imminent. With Francis on the roster, he could also seek to deal last season's starter, Rafer Alston.

"When you have a chance to add a talent like Steve who really fits what coach (Rick Adelman) is trying to do, you do it," Morey said. "Now we have a lot of talent on the roster. Coach and I have to figure out the best way to make it work. What our plans are is still to be determined. Because this was a bit of a long shot, we haven't spent a lot of time on what was the right next step in the coming weeks."

It's been a heck of an off-season in Houston, by god...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:14 PM   #809
Groundhog
Coordinator

If this was 5 years ago, that'd be great news for the Rockets!
Old 07-19-2007, 06:17 PM   #810
JeeberD
General Manager

He and Yao have always been tight, and I think he's matured and will be willing to be a third option for the team. Very solid pick-up with very little risk.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:02 PM   #811
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, Elgin just blew it. We could have gone after Jason Hart, who wanted to stay in his hometown LA, but we locked onto Francis. Why? We're talking a guy who has never really been much of a team player, and we only need a holdover for a year or two while Livingston heals up or it becomes obvious he can't. At that point, we look around to find a new point guard.

Hart would have been perfect. Instead, Baylor put all his eggs into the Francis basket, and what do we do now? Rush out to sign Brevin Knight? You kidding me?

It's so odd. Elgin makes incredibly savvy moves and incredibly dumb ones. Sometimes one right after the other. I don't have a clue how he does that.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:06 PM   #812
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I thought the chance to room together on the roads with Cuttino would be the perfect opportunity for francis.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:17 PM   #813
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I thought the chance to room together on the roads with Cuttino would be the perfect opportunity for francis.

That's what Elgin was counting on.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:14 PM   #814
Groundhog
Coordinator

I'm a little surprised that Utah was able to get Hart. I thought Hart would have been in more demand this offseason.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:36 PM   #815
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I'm a little surprised that Utah was able to get Hart. I thought Hart would have been in more demand this offseason.

He actually likes what Sloan brought to the table and the young, hard working nucleus of the team..A lot of us here are happy to have him!
Old 07-20-2007, 02:00 PM   #816
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The Arizona Republic -
In a move to unload salary, the Phoenix Suns traded Kurt Thomas to the Seattle SuperSonics .

In exchange for taking on the remainder of Thomas' contract, the Sonics will also receive the Suns' 2008 and 2010 first-round draft picks.

The Suns receive a conditional second-round draft pick and a trade exception of about $8 million.

In conclusion, the sonics are able to salvage 2 #1's cause they sign and traded Rashard, instead of just letting him sign with the magic outright. I don't anticipate the Suns will suck anytime soon, so they will be lousy picks. The Suns basically save 16m by making this trade(dollar for dollar lux tax)

Last edited by stevew : 07-20-2007 at 02:01 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:53 PM   #817
Logan
Head Coach

Jesus, the Suns just hate 1st round picks.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:09 PM   #818
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Well, Elgin just blew it. We could have gone after Jason Hart, who wanted to stay in his hometown LA, but we locked onto Francis. Why? We're talking a guy who has never really been much of a team player, and we only need a holdover for a year or two while Livingston heals up or it becomes obvious he can't. At that point, we look around to find a new point guard.

Hart would have been perfect. Instead, Baylor put all his eggs into the Francis basket, and what do we do now? Rush out to sign Brevin Knight? You kidding me?

It's so odd. Elgin makes incredibly savvy moves and incredibly dumb ones. Sometimes one right after the other. I don't have a clue how he does that.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Cutino was pushing hard for them to go after Francis, which would have been a disaster. Those 2 on the court together essentially makes every possession 2 vs 5.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:18 PM   #819
Arles
Grey Dog Software

As a Suns fan, this is golden (and sad because of the truth involved):
Old 07-23-2007, 07:20 PM   #820
Groundhog
Coordinator

Nice!
Old 07-23-2007, 07:57 PM   #821
miami_fan
Coordinator

That is funny!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:32 PM   #822
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ooohohohohoh im going to put a bid in for the Rockets!
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:39 PM   #823
Groundhog
Coordinator

Mo Pete signs with the Hornets for what appears to be the mid level, and Desmond Mason signs with the Bucks to bring in another guy who figures to steal some of Jianlian's minutes. Presuming he ever plays for the Bucks, that is.

I was hoping the Cavs might have had a shot with Mo Pete.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:10 AM   #824
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

C's are about to become very relevant again!! WHOOOO!

Quote:
Sources: Celtics, T-Wolves discussing Garnett trade again

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: July 30, 2007, 7:27 AM ET

The Minnesota Timberwolves and Boston Celtics, who nearly completed a blockbuster Kevin Garnett trade before the June draft, have resurrected those trade talks and are again locked in serious discussions, according to NBA front-office sources.

Multiple sources told ESPN.com on Sunday night that former teammates Kevin McHale and Danny Ainge have revived discussions of a deal that would end Garnett's 12-season association with Minnesota by sending him to Ainge's Celtics, with the Wolves getting back two of the assets McHale coveted most last month: Al Jefferson and Theo Ratliff's expiring contract.

The deal depends on Garnett backing off his well-chronicled unwillingness to play in Boston. Yet sources indicated late Sunday that Garnett was warming to the idea, raising hopes on both sides that the deal will finally go through.

Garnett effectively blocked the Celtics' first attempt at trading for him by making it clear, through agent Andy Miller, that he would opt out of the final year of his contract (worth $23 million) and leave the Celtics in the summer of 2008. Had it gone through with that trade anyway, Boston would have potentially been parting with the blossoming Jefferson for a one-year Garnett rental.

But Garnett could now be amenable to the move, after the fiercely loyal 31-year-old learned how far along the Wolves were in negotiations with Boston in June and with the Celtics responding to the breakdown of its initial pursuit by trading the fifth overall pick in the draft to Seattle for All-Star shooting guard Ray Allen.

Expensive as it would be to employ a trio of All-Stars -- especially since Garnett is expected to demand a lucrative, luxury tax-triggering extension from his new team -- Celtics management is understandably optimistic about selling Garnett on the prospect of teaming with Allen and franchise mainstay Paul Pierce in an Eastern Conference for the taking. The Celtics would be expected to contend for an NBA Finals berth right away if the trade goes through, no matter what they put around that trio, after Cleveland advanced to the Finals in June with not even a clear-cut second star next to LeBron James.

Yet it remains to be seen, assuming that the Celtics secure Garnett's sign-off, what kind of package Boston can provide Minnesota now that the Celtics' No. 5 pick has been used by the SuperSonics to draft Georgetown's Jeff Green. The Wolves badly wanted that pick as part of their rebuilding plans.

It's believed that the latest incarnation of the deal would have Boston adding Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair and multiple future draft picks to Jefferson and Ratliff in exchange for Garnett. It's also likely that other players would have to be added to the deal, since the salary-cap math involved would require both teams to account for Garnett's $6.75 million trade kicker.

Miller could not be reached Sunday night to provide Garnett's up-to-date stance on Boston. When the first round of Wolves-Celtics talks were made public, Miller told ESPN.com: "If a trade [from Minnesota] were to happen, that's not a destination that we're interested in pursuing."

Garnett has said for years that he doesn't want to leave his beloved "Sota," as he calls it, and has consistently refused to push for a trade, even with the Wolves missing the playoffs in each of the past three seasons. But Boston's cause might be helped by the possibility that becoming a Celtic or returning to Minnesota after he was so vigorously shopped are Garnett's only options.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2954127
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:11 AM   #825
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

dola

This is what Ainge said he wanted to do, build up assets and put stars next to Pierce, and if this goes through he's certainly done that.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:42 AM   #826
MikeVic
Head Coach

I never trust trade rumours anymore. Especially NBA ones. How many times have we heard Garnett is about to move?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:22 PM   #827
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Garnett to Boston. 5 yr, 125 million extension. no linky but it's done.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:29 PM   #828
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Another note, everyone who blasted Ainge for the Telfair/Ratliff for Brandon Roy might be eating a bit of crow if Ainge is spinning those two for KG now.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:30 PM   #829
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
Garnett to Boston. 5 yr, 125 million extension. no linky but it's done.

Where'd you here that - WEEI?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:32 PM   #830
molson
General Manager

Well, Garnett/Allen/Pierce certainly makes the Celtics interesting, but I wonder if it's a year or two late for that trio to make a real impact.

They would certainly be a contender in the East though.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:34 PM   #831
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Where'd you here that - WEEI?

My staff is all over this one.

jefferson, ratliff, theo, green and telfair for garnett and whatever else balances out the money
Old 07-30-2007, 12:49 PM   #832
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Well, Garnett/Allen/Pierce certainly makes the Celtics interesting, but I wonder if it's a year or two late for that trio to make a real impact.

They would certainly be a contender in the East though.

I think it easily puts them top 2 in the East, and legit title contender. They'd still need to address the depth issue, maybe guys like Brevin Knight or Matt Barnes with the MLE. But this team would be infinitely better than the ECF Celts team from 4-5 years ago and would be refreshing to say the least.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:54 PM   #833
MikeVic
Head Coach

That's assuming they all get along. Pippen-Barkley-Drexler was a team I thought would do good too.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:13 PM   #834
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
My staff is all over this one.

jefferson, ratliff, theo, green and telfair for garnett and whatever else balances out the money

WEEI is saying they're just dotting the i's and crossing the t's.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:21 PM   #835
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2 View Post
WEEI is saying they're just dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

is the Big O wetting himself?
Old 07-30-2007, 01:23 PM   #836
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
is the Big O wetting himself?

I just tune out the Big O...I really only listen to Dale and Holley but today is a different day.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:26 PM   #837
Jas_lov
College Starter

Current Incarnation of Trade Doesn't Include Jefferson

Kevin Garnett soon could become the newest member of the Celtics, multiple league sources said this afternoon, but two of the sources cautioned that any trade may not be as imminent as some early reports indicated.

As the trade currently stands, the Celtics would send Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff, and two first-round picks to the Timberwolves for Garnett.

Al Jefferson is not included in the deal at the moment.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb.../celtics_blog/

This couldn't possibly right could it?
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:27 PM   #838
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Celticsstuff Live will be on tonight with a special show.

Eric Weiss (who is one of the poeple who confirmed this
rumor last night with inside sources) will co-host.

Show will be from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM EST.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:29 PM   #839
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Current Incarnation of Trade Doesn't Include Jefferson

Kevin Garnett soon could become the newest member of the Celtics, multiple league sources said this afternoon, but two of the sources cautioned that any trade may not be as imminent as some early reports indicated.

As the trade currently stands, the Celtics would send Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff, and two first-round picks to the Timberwolves for Garnett.

Al Jefferson is not included in the deal at the moment.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb.../celtics_blog/

This couldn't possibly right could it?

Shira is an idiot...there's no way. Ainge would have to hide his buddy McHale for years if that ever happened.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:31 PM   #840
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2 View Post
Shira is an idiot...there's no way. Ainge would have to hide his buddy McHale for years if that ever happened.

Ok, I just wanted to know if it was a reliable source. I thought it was a little strange that the T-wolves would do the deal without Jefferson.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:43 PM   #841
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Ok, I just wanted to know if it was a reliable source. I thought it was a little strange that the T-wolves would do the deal without Jefferson.

Yeah, if the deal doesn't include Jefferson and getting their 1st rounder back this is one of the worst trades in quite some time, which is quite an accomplishment with what McHale has done recently. If they give up Garnett for scrap Taylor should just shut it down.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:46 PM   #842
st.cronin
General Manager

So, basically, the TWolves are giving Garnett to the Celtics? Unbelievable.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:50 PM   #843
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
So, basically, the TWolves are giving Garnett to the Celtics? Unbelievable.

McHale has already given away 2 first round picks, so it's not too surprising.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:53 PM   #844
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

If Boston could somehow keep Jefferson, that would be one of the more impressive teams in the East in some time, at least on paper. Either way, as a Sixers fan, I hate this move (not that Philly was doing anything in the next year or two anyway.)
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:04 PM   #845
Galaril
Pro Starter

According to the Sources lsited above not only is Jefferson back in but Gomes AND 2 first rounders.That is not such agreat deal IMHO for a 31 year player on the cusp of ther downswing of his career. Are the Celts going to play with 4-5 players?

Jefferson, Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff, and two first-round picks to the Timberwolves for Kevin Garnett.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:07 PM   #846
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
If Boston could somehow keep Jefferson, that would be one of the more impressive teams in the East in some time, at least on paper. Either way, as a Sixers fan, I hate this move (not that Philly was doing anything in the next year or two anyway.)

There's no way Jefferson isn't included. I think Shira Springer has already changed her article, and the new version puts Al back in it.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:10 PM   #847
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
According to the Sources lsited above not only is Jefferson back in but Gomes AND 2 first rounders.That is not such agreat deal IMHO for a 31 year player on the cusp of ther downswing of his career. Are the Celts going to play with 4-5 players?

Jefferson, Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff, and two first-round picks to the Timberwolves for Kevin Garnett.

Celtics have to. The only way to make the money work is to basically trade everyone.

The only downside is Wyc Grossbards wallet. I could care less about that.

At present they have no chance and will have to start over in 3 years when Pierce and Allen are gone. Might as well go for it for the next few seasons and then start over.

Telfari - useless

Green - not likely to ever be much

Theo - meh, just and expiring contract

Gomes - nice player but ultimately just a 3 in this league. Maybe a spot 4 of which they have Powe. And his contract is up and is due a raise next year.

Jefferson - is the real issue. Will be due probably huge dollars. Can he carry a team? I don't know. Not a great defender.

2 first rounders - who cares if you are going this route.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:12 PM   #848
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Celtics have to. The only way to make the money work is to basically trade everyone.

The only downside is Wyc Grossbards wallet. I could care less about that.

At present they have no chance and will have to start over in 3 years when Pierce and Allen are gone. Might as well go for it for the next few seasons and then start over.

Telfari - useless

Green - not likely to ever be much

Theo - meh, just and expiring contract

Gomes - nice player but ultimately just a 3 in this league. Maybe a spot 4 of which they have Powe. And his contract is up and is due a raise next year.

Jefferson - is the real issue. Will be due probably huge dollars. Can he carry a team? I don't know. Not a great defender.

2 first rounders - who cares if you are going this route.

Yeah. I agree with you but god 7 players useless or not five first rounders in that bunch (past /future). i do agree that in three years they got to start over.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:15 PM   #849
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post

Green - So far he's shown very little progression, he can still jump out of the gym and I do like him, but he's not the next T-Mac like some used to predict.

Gomes - Tough to see him go, loved him at Provi, and he's quite a good roleplayer, but certainly no dealbreaker.

Telfair - Young still...promising, but we all know the off-court issues. NO biggie.

Theo - This is what he was brought in for.

Jefferson - Obviously the main piece being sent, a player you hope can eventually be of KG's caliber. He has to go for Minny to even think of doing it.

2 picks - One i think will be the Minny pick we already own, and then an 08 pick, which if the team does well will be in the late 20's hopefully anyway.

All in all, I still do that deal. Losing Gomes is a little tougher but it's ok.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:20 PM   #850
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Telfair - Young still...promising, but we all know the off-court issues. NO biggie.

wtf. how can anyone think this? he's 5-10, can't shoot and is an asshat. he's managed to be 3rd string on Portland and then even worse, 3rd string on a Celtic team devoid of any talent at all at the position.

Last edited by rkmsuf : 07-30-2007 at 02:20 PM.
rkmsuf is offline   Reply With Quote