Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-02-2007, 03:07 PM   #801
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Could Mustang just pass the potion to Joe so that Joe could then examine it?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #802
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Searching for a Potion of Darkness would be futile. Basically I'm not giving out potions knowing they'll be Darkness, I'm just rolling a die every time someone drinks them, and there's a small chance it will have been tainted and be Darkness.

Also, there's no mechanic in the rules for publically trading items. Someone could steal it from someone else though.

Last edited by Peregrine : 05-02-2007 at 03:10 PM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #803
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Searching for a Potion of Darkness would be futile. Basically I'm not giving out potions knowing they'll be Darkness, I'm just rolling a die every time someone drinks them, and there's a small chance it will have been tainted and be Darkness.
Isn't that a modification? The description of the Researcher role says, "You can also identify if a potion is a Potion of Darkness."

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 05-02-2007, 03:13 PM   #804
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Isn't that a modification? The description of the Researcher role says, "You can also identify if a potion is a Potion of Darkness."

No. If the Researcher has a potion, I roll the die BEFORE he drinks it, and let him know the result.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:02 PM   #805
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, this is my late afternoon check in (or early afternoon in my neck of the woods). After this, I will be out for the day.

It doesn't seem that much has changed. I can confirm that Alan cast a spell last night. I can also confirm I used my power on the first night, as DT suggested. I don't think saying more at this time is beneficial to the cult. I welcome anyone who wants to watch what I do, though.

My vote is already in, so I don't have anything else to add. Not sure where I will sleep yet.

BTW, sleeping/hexing/preventing actions stops conversions--but it also stops attempts to find conclusive proof of anything. I just wanted to note that we can stop a conversion by these actions, but we can't prove someone is a baddie conclusively unless we catch them in the act or am able to find their role in other ways.

I am torn on whether it is best to try to stop a bunch of players from taking their actions as opposed to allowing them to do their thing--but then having their actions watched.

Since I don't have an inhibiting power, I'll leave that decision to those who do (Lathum, Alan, whoever else).
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:08 PM   #806
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

sorry I made today so straightforward and boring...LOL
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:14 PM   #807
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

gonna have some good questions for tyrith once he is cleansed. that should clear some stuff up
Old 05-02-2007, 04:43 PM   #808
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Around for a bit. Doesn't seem like the conversation moved forward much in my absence. We have, I feel, way too many people cleared and think that after tomorrow we need to scrap Alan's list as regardless of whether or not there are bad guys on it, sticking too closely to a list, which turned out to be wrong, is how the good guys got in trouble in X-Men. We're way up as of today. However, I feel like we're going to have a few days set backs as finding that one last shadow member is going to be somewhat difficult.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:51 PM   #809
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Around for a bit. Doesn't seem like the conversation moved forward much in my absence. We have, I feel, way too many people cleared and think that after tomorrow we need to scrap Alan's list as regardless of whether or not there are bad guys on it, sticking too closely to a list, which turned out to be wrong, is how the good guys got in trouble in X-Men. We're way up as of today. However, I feel like we're going to have a few days set backs as finding that one last shadow member is going to be somewhat difficult.

In my mind, there are 7 people cleared. Do you feel this is too many?

As of right now i would be very suprised if the last bad guy was in the group of:

Kwhit
Imthecrew
Joe
Lathum
Schmidty
Alan T
Barkeep

So for me thats 11 people not cleared grouped together by types of risk. If people think that everyone not in red on this list is cleared, then they are too distracted by the pretty colors and haven't read the accompanying commentary

As of right now, I agree with the thought from whoever suggested that Mr.W isnt the last shadow player and is purposely playing it in a way we'll throw attention at him and waste it instead of trying to find the right shadow. I just have to assume the real last shadow player would put more effort into trying to blend in than he has been doing. I think the last shadow person will be found in the dark green or orange groups. With a very far reach of possibly being DT or BrianD, but I sure hope thats not the case.

7) Kwhit - Cleansed
14) ImTheCrew - Cleansed

4) Joe - claims Researcher (possibly validated based on finding an item?)
8) Lathum - Claims Warlock (proven by sleeping Hoops night 1 and Tyrith last night)
10) Schmidty - Claims Augur (proven with the info on Kwhit)
17) Alan T - Claims Theurgist (proven by action on Barkeep)

6) Barkeep49 - Blocked by Alan last night, couldn't have attempted conversion on swaggs
9) Chief Rum - DaddyTorgo vouches for him.
12) hoopsguy - Vouched as having role by Swaggs. Slept night 1 so couldn't convert Kwhit
16) Path12 - Vouched for by ntndeacon as having some role?

2) BrianD - First to out Kwhit
13) DaddyTorgo - Outed Tyrith

1) Mustang - Claims Spiritmaster (unproven)
3) ntndeacon - Given hints to role (unproven)
5) Swaggs - claims to have Sun Amulet = Wizard? (unproven)
18) SnDvls - Claims Alchemist (unproven)

11) Mr. Wednesday -
15) Tyrith - EVIL!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:59 PM   #810
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I like the list you put forth except I'm not quite sure Joe belongs on it. Otherwise I think that's a pretty solid list. Hopefully we can gain information about three people tonight, either by narrowing down the field or by eliminating them as possible shadow.

Out until after lynch at baseball.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:06 PM   #811
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I'd really hope that me being in the ritual room and using my spiritmaster role would eliminate me as a suspect when the counter is at 1. If it goes to 2.. quite honestly, all bets are off on alot of people. I sure couldn't use my role if I was a Shadow.

Plenty of ways to verify this.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:09 PM   #812
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I'd really hope that me being in the ritual room and using my spiritmaster role would eliminate me as a suspect when the counter is at 1. If it goes to 2.. quite honestly, all bets are off on alot of people. I sure couldn't use my role if I was a Shadow.

Plenty of ways to verify this.

I don't mean anything by this, but I always look askance at the players who are trying to pimp their innocense.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:14 PM   #813
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I don't mean anything by this, but I always look askance at the players who are trying to pimp their innocense.

I'm not pimping my innocence. I'm saying what I'm doing tonight.

And then if that doesn't clear me.. not sure what the hell will
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 05-02-2007, 05:17 PM   #814
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

that would certainly be enough. I think if there are plenty of people in the ritual room that will make it easier to get a handle on who outside the room could possibly be doing the converting.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:20 PM   #815
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Spiritmaster - You have expertise in speaking with spirits and the dead. Twice per game you can summon up spirits that will protect the room you're in, guarding against any intrusion at night.

Clarification needed. Does this prevent those in the room from performing their magical roles? Until I am sure the answer is no, I will not be in the ritual room tonight. If the answer is yes, I may change my mind.

But now I'm out until after deadline.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:46 PM   #816
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I like the list you put forth except I'm not quite sure Joe belongs on it. Otherwise I think that's a pretty solid list. Hopefully we can gain information about three people tonight, either by narrowing down the field or by eliminating them as possible shadow.

Out until after lynch at baseball.

See my reasoning for Joe that I put forth earlier. He's demonstrated his magical role moreso than probably anyone else in the game at this point. I still stand by the thought that Varification of USING your magical role = not shadow. Which he has done I feel.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:06 PM   #817
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
5) Swaggs - claims to have Sun Amulet = Wizard? (unproven)
I'd be somewhat surprised if he were lying about this. There are a bunch of ways that this could go wrong — the wizard steps forward, the signifier finds his statement to be false, the researcher finds someone else in possession of it — but I suppose it could be done out of desperation.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:07 PM   #818
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Clarification needed. Does this prevent those in the room from performing their magical roles? Until I am sure the answer is no, I will not be in the ritual room tonight. If the answer is yes, I may change my mind.
I think it protects against anyone entering the room from the outside, but doesn't prevent anything from happening within it.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:14 PM   #819
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think it protects against anyone entering the room from the outside, but doesn't prevent anything from happening within it.

That's correct.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:19 PM   #820
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

But, from what Peregrine said, higher chance of detecting Shenanigans and goings ons...
Old 05-02-2007, 06:19 PM   #821
Schmidty
Coordinator

I've had a hectic day, but I made it before the deadline.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to report this before, but unfortunately, I didn't find anything last night.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:20 PM   #822
Schmidty
Coordinator

Can anyone give me a very short synopsis of what happened today? I want to vote, but there's no time for me to read everything before the dealine.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:23 PM   #823
Schmidty
Coordinator

Well, after a quick skim, I get the impression that Tyrith is bad, for whatever reason. So here is my late, half-assed vote:

Vote Tyrith

Vote Punishment
Old 05-02-2007, 06:46 PM   #824
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I've had a hectic day, but I made it before the deadline.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to report this before, but unfortunately, I didn't find anything last night.

Schmidty, you are one of my favorite WW players You did tell us earlier this morning, I think you forgot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Just got my PM.

I wasn't able to "latch onto" the shadow energies tonight.

But I'm alive, which makes me a bit consoled.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:50 PM   #825
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

meta-game wise I of course want tyrith's net-connection fixed...but how much would it suck if it wasn't and he wasn't around?

walkin the dog...getting coffee...then I will be on
Old 05-02-2007, 06:52 PM   #826
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Schmidty, you are one of my favorite WW players You did tell us earlier this morning, I think you forgot!

I was tired.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:05 PM   #827
Tyrith
College Starter

VOTE MERCY

I must at least give it an effort, yes?
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:06 PM   #828
Peregrine
Pro Starter

After the revelations of the day, Tyrith was on the block and voted for without any question. He struggled a bit, and no one was very surprised to see the Shadow energy pouring out of him once the ritual was started. By the flavor of his magic you're sure he was the Sorceror. The Shadow has been dealt another blow today.

1) Mustang
2) BrianD
3) ntndeacon
4) Joe
5) Swaggs
6) Barkeep49
7) Kwhit - Ritualist/Shadow - Cleansed Day 2
8) Lathum
9) Chief Rum
10) Schmidty
11) Mr. Wednesday
12) hoopsguy
13) DaddyTorgo
14) ImTheCrew - Summoner - Cleansed Day 1
15) Tyrith - Sorceror/Shadow - Cleansed Day 3
16) Path12
17) Alan T
18) SnDvls

Last edited by Peregrine : 05-02-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:09 PM   #829
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well so much for Mr.W being the Sorceror... So would that mean he is possibly the Artificer? Or do people think he actually has a chance of being the final shadow?

Tyrith since you are here, anything you care to share with us? Are you sympathetic to our cause now?
Old 05-02-2007, 07:21 PM   #830
Tyrith
College Starter

Mhm.

Last shadow is the artifacer. He was the dude that got caught night 1; I was sleeping in the sitting room. I also burned my once per game extra action that night to search the alchemy room and found nothing.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:31 PM   #831
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Mhm.

Last shadow is the artifacer. He was the dude that got caught night 1; I was sleeping in the sitting room. I also burned my once per game extra action that night to search the alchemy room and found nothing.

I don't fully understand this message. So you are saying the last shadow was actually the one who converted Kwhit, while you were asleep?

Also for Peregrine... Once a former shadow is cleansed do they have to be sympathetic to our cause? Or do we have to take everything said here with a grain of salt? The role of the artificer leads me to believe that Tyrith would now be sympathetic to our cause and it would be ungamey to purposely mislead us. Is this a safe assumption?
Old 05-02-2007, 07:32 PM   #832
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
I don't fully understand this message. So you are saying the last shadow was actually the one who converted Kwhit, while you were asleep?

Also for Peregrine... Once a former shadow is cleansed do they have to be sympathetic to our cause? Or do we have to take everything said here with a grain of salt? The role of the artificer leads me to believe that Tyrith would now be sympathetic to our cause and it would be ungamey to purposely mislead us. Is this a safe assumption?

My understanding is that they must be sympathetic to our cause unless they are the artificer, because it explicitly says:

Quote:
Artificer - You were the first to study the artifact, and a trickle of shadow energy made its way to you, despite the seals. It has been working through you enough that you believe embracing it would be the ultimate source of power. Each night you can make an action to study one player and determine if they have been embraced by the Shadow or not. You want to protect them, and hope to become one in time. Also, if you are cleansed, you are still loyal to the evil side, and don't have to confess their names.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:32 PM   #833
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

A second question for Peregrine... Can both the Sun agents and the cultist win? If the shadow is defeated before any Sun agents are revealed, does that mean both groups win? Or does the Sun victory condition override the cultist victory condition?

ie: do we need to reveal a member of the sun agents before removing the shadow to win?
Old 05-02-2007, 07:33 PM   #834
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
My understanding is that they must be sympathetic to our cause unless they are the artificer, because it explicitly says:

Thats what I assume also.. I just wanted to clarify, because if I am understanding Tyrith correctly, then the shadow player that remains is the person who converted Kwhit on night 1, which would instantly thrust Hoops into the cleared group as well.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:40 PM   #835
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Yes, except for the artificer, once anyone is cleansed of the Shadow it's assumed they return to their old loyalties.

And yes, both the cultists and the Sun can win.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:42 PM   #836
Tyrith
College Starter

No, night 1 we both targeted KWhit. Which was a mistake, in retrospect, but at the time I was thinking that 50 percent wasn't a sure conversion, and we wanted to concentrate to make sure we got someone.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:51 PM   #837
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I think if Mr. W is lying about being the sorcerer, unless anyone else comes forward claiming to be the sorcerer we must act to block him tonight explicitly, and assume that he is the final shadow.

I havn't really seen anything to indicate otherwise.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:54 PM   #838
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I think if Mr. W is lying about being the sorcerer, unless anyone else comes forward claiming to be the sorcerer we must act to block him tonight explicitly, and assume that he is the final shadow.

I havn't really seen anything to indicate otherwise.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:55 PM   #839
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Tyrith was the Sorceror DT
Old 05-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #840
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Now is a good time for everyone to claim roles. If we want a complete victory, if we know who the artificer is, we could keep him pinned down and then try to hunt the Sun.

Or, go for the victory... Although, guess it is possible that they were lying to Tyrith just in case he was killed and they could send Tyrith and us on a wild goose chase for the artificer.

Although, no one has claimed that role....
Old 05-02-2007, 07:57 PM   #841
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Also, where does Mr. W explicitly hint or say he is the sorceror?
Old 05-02-2007, 08:02 PM   #842
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I thought someone inferred that Mr. W was claiming the sorcerer role and i'd just missed it because he's been quiet. My bad. Waiting on a PM from Peregrine btw
Old 05-02-2007, 08:04 PM   #843
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Tyrith, how does the conversion work then if both of you target the cultist? Do you get a message back specifically saying you converted the person, or the other person converted them? Or do you get no message at all back?
Old 05-02-2007, 08:04 PM   #844
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I will reveal that I am the Diabolist
Old 05-02-2007, 08:05 PM   #845
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dola

in case I hadn't hinted enough to make that clear
Old 05-02-2007, 08:14 PM   #846
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

So, Barkeep, Chief Rum, Swaggs, NTNDeacon, BrianD, Path12, Hoopsguy& Mr W have not said any roles but, BrianD outed Kwhit, Hoopsguy was asleep when Kwhit was converted (and so was Tyrith so, couldn't be Hoopsguy), DT Vouches for Chief Rum, Barkeep was blocked so.. if we are to believe everyone's role at this time that leaves...

Swaggs, NTN, Path12, MrW...
Old 05-02-2007, 08:18 PM   #847
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

wish peregrine had answered my PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:25 PM   #848
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
So, Barkeep, Chief Rum, Swaggs, NTNDeacon, BrianD, Path12, Hoopsguy& Mr W have not said any roles but, BrianD outed Kwhit, Hoopsguy was asleep when Kwhit was converted (and so was Tyrith so, couldn't be Hoopsguy), DT Vouches for Chief Rum, Barkeep was blocked so.. if we are to believe everyone's role at this time that leaves...

Not too hard to pin down Swaggs, based on the tales he has told ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:27 PM   #849
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I've said from the beginning I don't plan to reveal either my magical or mundane role unless absolutely necessary. I feel that is to my benefit. I also think that someone paying attention to my posts could figure it out by now.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:28 PM   #850
path12
Coordinator

Dola. My benefit = cultists benefit. Stupid no edit button.