ntndeacon
Pro Starter

by stete i obviously meant state.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:14 PM   #802
Blade6119
Coordinator

Ntn, what does your role grant you?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:57 PM   #803
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

My role grants me absolutely nothing. I have no job. my role even though it was named is that of an average villager in games.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:06 PM   #804
Ironhead
College Prospect

(OOC - I am about to leave to look at houses. I should be back around 8:30 in order to catch up on the thread)
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:49 PM   #805
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

VOTE STONE NTN

i have to go and i wont be back before 9
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:15 PM   #806
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
My role grants me absolutely nothing. I have no job. my role even though it was named is that of an average villager in games.

VOTE STONE NTNDEACON

It seems to me, though i may be wrong, that we all have roles. I could be quite wrong here...but i do, chief does, hoops and iron just claimed ones, ITC has one...

So that would make you the only one without a role...it may be the case, but its a little hard to beleive.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:22 PM   #807
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I did not claim I had no role, Blade. I just claim that my role gave me no special power. As I said earlier I am the church pianist. it allows me to do absolutely nothing, but i DO have a role. What I do not have is a werewolf related job. I am not a seer. I am not a duke. I am not a bodyguard. In werewolf parlance I am nothing but a poor villager. thouroughly on the side of good.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:42 PM   #808
hoopsguy
General Manager

I would still like to see ImTheCrew explain his role mechanics a little bit better, but I think we are down to ChiefRum or ntndeacon lying at this point. Rum saved us a day by putting Lathum on the block at night, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt while hoping we have another day to work with if we are wrong here.

VOTE STONE NTNDEACON
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:49 PM   #809
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

If ChiefRum is lying it is in the details I think. I do believe he has the power he claims to have. but Blade's comment about the 3 seer like positions is intriguing. certainly if he is gay, then the role he has shown is a powerful tool for THEM.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:52 PM   #810
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I can tell you right now. (Assuming if ChiefRum is alive tomorrow) I can see him easily accusing Blade as that 3rd gay.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:35 PM   #811
Ironhead
College Prospect

At this point I don't see any reason to go against what everyone else in the community has decided.

VOTE STONE NTNDEACON
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:03 PM   #812
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

just so I can make a last gesture as unimportant as it may be:

Vote to liberal list Chief Rum
Old 04-01-2007, 08:05 PM   #813
Blade6119
Coordinator

Thats past the deadline ntn
Demotivation
Old 04-01-2007, 08:06 PM   #814
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

9: Then there arose certain of the synagogue, which is called the synagogue of the Libertines, and Cyrenians, and Alexandrians, and of them of Cilicia and of Asia, disputing with Ntndeacon.
10: And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake.
11: Then they suborned men, which said, We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses, and against God.
12: And they stirred up the people, and the elders, and the scribes, and came upon him, and caught him, and brought him to the council,
13: And set up false witnesses, which said, This man ceaseth not to speak blasphemous words against this holy place, and the law:
14: For we have heard him say, that this Jesus of Nazareth shall destroy this place, and shall change the customs which Moses delivered us.
15: And all that sat in the council, looking stedfastly on him, saw his face as it had been the face of an angel.

57: Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,
58: And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.
59: And they stoned Ntndeacon, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
60: And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep

1: And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.
2: And devout men carried Ntndeacon to his burial, and made great lamentation over him.

Day Six has ended. Night Six has begun and will end at 2 am EST Monday

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:11 PM   #815
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

wow what a death. I just had to say that. Good luck good guys.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:11 PM   #816
Blade6119
Coordinator

Chief chief chief....what do to with chief
Demotivation
Old 04-01-2007, 08:11 PM   #817
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Shoot. Looks like ntndeacon was just like DT, liberal tendencies but on the side of good. I thought he was far and away our best candidate, so we're in a bad spot here.

I would welcome any further discussion on who we should look at now.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:14 PM   #818
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Chief chief chief....what do to with chief

I understand your doubts given this result, but I can only assure you I am as good as they come. I am at a loss here, as well, and disappointed ntndeacon wasn't a wolf.

You do whatever you feel you have to do, but I am on the side of good, and killing me will only bring evil closer to victory.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:15 PM   #819
Blade6119
Coordinator

The way i see it now, its either ironhead or chief...the only two who have not been cleared by our seer(tyrith). He cleared both ITC and hoops, and now 3 people have confirmed my story(if you choose not to believe it, so be it).
Demotivation
Old 04-01-2007, 08:20 PM   #820
hoopsguy
General Manager

And ITC has cleared Ironhead - which is why I still think we need to understand what is going on with his role. I'm just not all that hopeful of getting good information as he has had all weekend to provide some kind of clarification and we have yet to see it.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:24 PM   #821
Blade6119
Coordinator

ITC didnt clear ironhead...he said ironhead wasnt out and about that night. There is a difference...which night was that?
Demotivation
Old 04-01-2007, 08:30 PM   #822
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola...hoops really wont like this, but he could be evil despite the scan. He was scanned and cleared night 0. Night 1 we had a no-kill. Hoops would be a top choice for conversion in any game...just saying.
Demotivation
Old 04-01-2007, 08:38 PM   #823
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

blade have you been cleared?
Old 04-01-2007, 08:39 PM   #824
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

Quote:
ITC didnt clear ironhead...he said ironhead wasnt out and about that night. There is a difference...which night was that?
last night(friday?)
Old 04-01-2007, 08:39 PM   #825
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am wondering about two people. The last wolf (I believe there is only one), and our bodyguard. The BG is a pretty major role, and I don't know that we have gotten a hint out of anyone about being that role.

As for clearing, no one denies Blade's odd role, but there has been nop vouching as to what side he is on. Just like me. No one has vouched for my side, but I have provided ample evidence that I am the role I say I am.

Right now, I am actually relatvely clear on ITC and Ironhead. Tyrith was proven good and confirmed ITC was good. ITC has said Ironhead wasn't out, and I don't believe there is more than one wolf left.

So the wolf is someone else, IMO.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:47 PM   #826
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheCrew View Post
blade have you been cleared?

Nope...tyrith, chief, and yourself have all checked me out, and all reached the same conclusion(couldnt find me). So my claims have checked out, 3 fold...the question you have to ask yourself is are my claims becuase im good or just a evil role the seer cant touch
Demotivation
Old 04-01-2007, 08:48 PM   #827
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
dola...hoops really wont like this, but he could be evil despite the scan. He was scanned and cleared night 0. Night 1 we had a no-kill. Hoops would be a top choice for conversion in any game...just saying.

It is a fair observation and I've wondered about a conversion as well. But the other people that Tyrith cleared earlier in the game are dead so it isn't something I've spent too much time thinking about.

Well, except you. But I'll wait on that issue until tomorrow.

If you want to evaluate if I'm playing as a converted gay, ask yourself if I would have come out voting for stoning LoneStarGirl before the rules were set on stoning vs liberal list. Yes, Lathum did exactly that after I had a vote down (don't know if Anxiety had clarified rules by that point or not, but can look it up if you want) but that should be even more reason to believe that I wouldn't do it. I would have zero interest in being affiliated with a fellow wolf by voting records at that stage in the game.

But if there was ever a time where I don't mind this being brought up, I think tonight is it. I would like to live to see tomorrow and with the seer out of the way I think there is a pretty good chance he comes for me if I'm treated as a 100% "known good".
Old 04-01-2007, 08:49 PM   #828
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheCrew View Post
last night(friday?)

And lathum died before that...so either their are two wolves or someone else is the wolf....wouldnt that imply that, since there was a night kill that night
Demotivation
Old 04-01-2007, 09:42 PM   #829
Blade6119
Coordinator

Chief...i think you should check out hoops tonight. I think that much is clear to me...he may not be the top suspect, but he is the logical choice from your standpoint. ITC cleared ironhead, and you believe him there...you have already checked me, and your not going to get different results if you do it again. That leaves yourself or hoops, which is obvious.

Do you see it diferently?
Demotivation
Old 04-01-2007, 09:59 PM   #830
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chief, you won't find any liberal leanings if you check me out. Which means that we'll need to put a person on the list ourselves tomorrow during the day. We should have time to do this if there is just one gay left in our town. But if there are two of them remaining then we are going to be in a world of hurt because I don't think we'll have three days to stone them.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:02 PM   #831
Blade6119
Coordinator

Well well, someone doesnt want to be checked out. Interesting hoops, very interesting.

If there are 2 gays left, we lose tonight(which i dont think anxiety would make us sit through if it were the case). So we have 1 gay left likely...its not ITC, he was cleared by tyrith. Its not ironhead, as iron was asleep when we had a kill(post lathum and LSGs deaths).

That leaves you, me, and chief. From chief standpoint it makes sense to scan you, as he knows what he will find with me(me not home) and himself(i sure hope). No one knows what he will find with you...
Demotivation
Old 04-01-2007, 10:03 PM   #832
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The fact you both are focusing on me tells me I gope the BG is watching over me tonight.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:03 PM   #833
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

hope, that is.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:04 PM   #834
Blade6119
Coordinator

Unless ironhead is the BG, we have no bg alive....
Demotivation
Old 04-01-2007, 10:15 PM   #835
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Well well, someone doesnt want to be checked out. Interesting hoops, very interesting.

If there are 2 gays left, we lose tonight(which i dont think anxiety would make us sit through if it were the case). So we have 1 gay left likely...its not ITC, he was cleared by tyrith. Its not ironhead, as iron was asleep when we had a kill(post lathum and LSGs deaths).

That leaves you, me, and chief. From chief standpoint it makes sense to scan you, as he knows what he will find with me(me not home) and himself(i sure hope). No one knows what he will find with you...

I'm fine being checked out if we have one gay left. I don't know that for sure, so I'm a little less fine with it. But that isn't my call to make. I can tell you that I won't be on a liberal list tomorrow morning unless I have an unknown liberal leaning - and I don't think that has been the case for anyone so far this game.

But I don't know why you have moved the discussion completely away from ImTheCrew and Ironhead. If I thought there were two gays left (I don't) then I would think you are playing defense for them here.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:20 PM   #836
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm fine being checked out if we have one gay left. I don't know that for sure, so I'm a little less fine with it. But that isn't my call to make. I can tell you that I won't be on a liberal list tomorrow morning unless I have an unknown liberal leaning - and I don't think that has been the case for anyone so far this game.

But I don't know why you have moved the discussion completely away from ImTheCrew and Ironhead. If I thought there were two gays left (I don't) then I would think you are playing defense for them here.

Because Tyrith cleared ITC on like night 4...we have had a night kill every night starting night 2. So i dont think he could have been converted. He clears ironhead, in conjuction with the one wolf theory. I dont see how i can attack ITC, and from my arguments earlier i was his biggest critic, and feel like im doing whats best for the village.

So either you or chief is evil in my mind, and tomorrow i shall act accordingly. I see ways both of you could be evil, and i see a great way to help find out tonight a little more clearly where you lie. If you are on the list tomorrow, after you said you have no liberal leanings, i will know you are lying. If not, ill work through other scenarios.
Demotivation
Old 04-01-2007, 10:24 PM   #837
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

During the evening you all hear a sharp shout and steel out of your houses. There is the body of ImTheCrew, bloodied and obviously dead. Above him leering at you with a dire grin is Ironhead. You quickly realize that it was his shout you heard, as ITC has been dead for a few minutes now.

“Your protection has been killed. What will happen with you, now?” he asks.

Written in the blood of the deceased on the ground before you is the following:

Romans 12: 17-20

Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

Ironhead addresses the remaining three people.

“You failed to follow this scripture. You punished and prosecuted those different than you. Now I act as the vengeance of the Lord.”

As he finishes his statement, hoopsguy steps in front of you and crosses the park, standing behind Ironhead. He turns and stares at you.

“With just two of you left, we can easily overcome you. Prepare to join your erstwhile friends.

Prepare to join God.”

With that, hoopsguy and Ironhead charge at you. Ironhead has ITC’s bloodied rake while hoopsguy uses just his fists. Within moments, you are dead, and they reign.

Them Gays have achieved their victory conditions.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:26 PM   #838
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Some of my favorite pms during this game (look for the innuendo)

ImtheCrew BG stcronin. You find a place in stcronin;s backyard and pretend that you are merely tending his leaves, raking them back and forth instead of into piles to elongate your time spent. You come over to the two round buildings in the backyard used as tool sheds. From there, you have a nice observation post to see all of the bushes and shrubbery. Unfortunately, during the night, nothing comes out and nobody seems to be around.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:27 PM   #839
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Another of my favs:

Gay Conversion hoopsguy. You decide to wait until the cover of darkness. Tonight you see that hoops’s guitar lays in its case. He is down by the creek, making a dam for fun, watching the waters destroy it, and then building it back up again.

You help him out, and for fifteen minutes, you are building the dam, using sand and dirt and rocks to build it up, and then laughing as the water goes over it and breaks it down.

You laugh and splash each other gently with the water. You use the opportunity to slip closer to him. He says that it was a lot of fun building the dams. You point out to him that’s the beauty of life, to try out new things. He nods.

You stroke his hair gently, and then say, “I’d like to fuck you.”

He looks at you, astonished at first. “I don’t do that sort of thing.” He stammers out.

“That’s what makes it so good. You don’t”

You lean over and kiss him.

Two hours later the two of you leave the small creek with grins on your faces. You introduce hoops to the other member of Them Gays.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:28 PM   #840
Blade6119
Coordinator

Well, i was right about hoops...i wasnt going to get ironhead though. Good game everyone...i thought the game mechanics were a little off(just my personal opinion, knowing they could in fact convert). Maybe it would have been different if we had a few things go different(like chief not missing scans, ITC not rescanning tyrith, etc). Good game evil
Demotivation
Old 04-01-2007, 10:28 PM   #841
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Find Ally Blade. You leave an evening party, pausing to touch yourself briefly as you see two men in this town gently kiss each other on the cheek goodnight. Does everyone in this town have secret homoerotic tendencies? Sometimes you wonder.

You follow Blade as he heads back to his house. You pause as he moves into a well lit area, hanging back in the shadow. All of the sudden, he’s gone. He was walking through the shadow of a tree, and disappeared!

You run forward to where he was, and you can’t sense anything! You are certain that he never saw you, he must have simply eluded your presence automatically. You doubt you’d ever be able to find him at night.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:29 PM   #842
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, i was right about hoops...i wasnt going to get ironhead though. Good game everyone...i thought the game mechanics were a little off(just my personal opinion, knowing they could in fact convert). Maybe it would have been different if we had a few things go different(like chief not missing scans, ITC not rescanning tyrith, etc). Good game evil

I thought there'd be more peops on the List by messing up and what not - you folks had good self-control!

Old 04-01-2007, 10:29 PM   #843
st.cronin
General Manager

*sob*

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:30 PM   #844
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The official Them Gays primer:

Them Gays, Rules:

You are all members of Them Gays. Some of you are even gay yourselves! You are all trying to pretend as if you are straight, conservative, normal members of Almost Heaven, West Virginia. Therefore, you are to do everything you can to abide by the rules of the town, including not appearing as liberal in any way.

During night, the head member of Them Gays will be required to turn in a night action for the entire group. If the head member is killed, the new one will be chosen at random from among the group.

You have been followed at your secret meetings by someone else, but you have no idea who that person or people is/are.

You may pm each other at will.

You win if Them Gays is equal to the number of remaining Fightin’ Fundies remaining. Allies are still Fundies and count as them for purposes of winning.

Your night abilities:

Gay Conversion: Once during the game you can attempt a night conversion where you try to seduce a member of the town into joining your side. To do this action, there must be an actor among you to be chosen. If your target is female, then your actor must be female. If male, then your actor must be male. There is a chance this will fail in rare circumstances, but you are pretty proud of your secret hotness, and do not expect the normal people of Almost Heaven to be able to resist you. You may not take this action until at least Night Two. (Sample pm action: SkyDog will Gay Convert Subby. Sincerely, MrSkippy.)

Find Allies: An actor among Them Gays must be chosen. That person will then talk to a target of your choice and use code words to feel them out. If they are secretly an ally of your group, you will find out. Depending on the ally, what benefit this will be to you will change, and you won’t always know what it is. Only a few people can be true allies.

You'll note that Them Gays do NOT have the ability to night kill. Why is that?

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-01-2007 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:31 PM   #845
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Brother Richard Baker, Trustee – You are secretly a member of Them Gays, but they do not know it. At night, you follow Them Gays and observe them from afar. You have become so twisted over time by the Fightin’ Fundies and their propaganda that you have decided to send them to their maker.

Each night, you may take a “Vengeance Killing” action and choose a target. If you try to kill a member of Them Gays, you will be revealed to their faction and they will know who you are and what your powers are. You will not kill that person, however.

This was Ironhead's role. Only he had night kill powers. Kill him, and then after Night three, Them Gays would have gotten a minor killing power to revenge him, but nothing serious.

Congrats to Ironhead for winning his first game!

Old 04-01-2007, 10:33 PM   #846
Blade6119
Coordinator

Wait...then how did ITC see ironhead sleep through the night if he was the one killing?
Demotivation
Old 04-01-2007, 10:34 PM   #847
hoopsguy
General Manager

The game ended up being a little more suspenseful down the stretch than I expected. If we had taken out Chief instead of Path a couple of days back I think it would have been a rout. I was converted on Night 2, not on Night 1, and kept my ability to pull someone off the liberal list at night. Which is what Lathum was counting on with his Duke bluff. But that didn't work when Chief put him on the list at night.

I thought Ironhead played a really, really good game behind the scenes although he wasn't that active here. But he did a terrific job of seeing what the right move was, and why, in our IM conversations.

I'm off to bed early tonight, but will be around to answer questions either early tomorrow morning or late tomorrow night. Glad that the game is not going tomorrow because I really am out of the loop for the whole day.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:34 PM   #848
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Wait...then how did ITC see ironhead sleep through the night if he was the one killing?

Something that I wondered about as well - we had no clue what the heck was going on with ITC.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:36 PM   #849
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Something that I wondered about as well - we had no clue what the heck was going on with ITC.

And did iron try to kill one of the gays on night one? How else did you get to talk with him?
Demotivation
Old 04-01-2007, 10:37 PM   #850
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Another of my favs:

Gay Conversion hoopsguy. You decide to wait until the cover of darkness. Tonight you see that hoops’s guitar lays in its case. He is down by the creek, making a dam for fun, watching the waters destroy it, and then building it back up again.

You help him out, and for fifteen minutes, you are building the dam, using sand and dirt and rocks to build it up, and then laughing as the water goes over it and breaks it down.

You laugh and splash each other gently with the water. You use the opportunity to slip closer to him. He says that it was a lot of fun building the dams. You point out to him that’s the beauty of life, to try out new things. He nods.

You stroke his hair gently, and then say, “I’d like to fuck you.”

He looks at you, astonished at first. “I don’t do that sort of thing.” He stammers out.

“That’s what makes it so good. You don’t”

You lean over and kiss him.

Two hours later the two of you leave the small creek with grins on your faces. You introduce hoops to the other member of Them Gays.

Not one of my favorites, especially after having voted for Gays for the first two days and then learning that my co-conspirators were all on the LSG vote. I was not pleased with the easy linkage that was out there, so I made sure to antagonize Lathum in the thread to try and create some separation between us while hoping that there was some anecdotal clearing of Ironhead through the LSG vote.

I hate being converted, as a general rule. And especially when I'm having some success finding bad guys.