Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-01-2005, 06:30 AM   #801
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

6'3 178lbs - That right there is the height and weight of a potential superstar cornerback. I have come to the conclusion this game doesn't generate new players but rather names. Because as some may know I have been having trouble recruiting CB until I finally landed a 6'3 178lbs CB who had a speed of 99 agility 93 and acc 99 and catching of 74. Sounded great until the next season I saw a guy 6'3 178lbs with the same exact vitals. I recruited him and sure enough he is a match in everything except name and home state. I thought it was weird until as you guessed it I got another one the next year with the same shit. While it is nice to have all that speed in the secondary it sucks that there are no unique players.

And the thing about it is he(all three) is a playermaker... I have each on my depth chart as 1,2,3 and sure enough my pass defense is amazing. My return teams are top notch because once i hit that corner I am gone.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:20 AM   #802
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm in year two of my Dynasty, and I started out my season against South Carolina, rated a B+. Army is rated a C-, so I wasn't expecting big things.

I scored on my first possession, made the Gamecocks punt, and then scored again. They scored on a kickoff return, bringing it to 14-7. At the half, I had a slight lead, 17-14. They then scored two touchdowns, making it 17-28 in the Fourth Quarter. I gave up all hope and then scored a touchdown, making it 24-28 with 2:09 to go. I did a normal kickoff and on their second play, I intercepted them at their 24. I drove down the field and scored another touchdown with 43 seconds left on the clock.

I was worried since they scored on a kickoff return, but I held them at their 28. They then went three incomplete passes and it was 4th and 10. The game hindging on my weak secondary, I stopped them with a CB blitz....and won the game 31-28.

I love this game.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 10:34 AM   #803
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop
6'3 178lbs - That right there is the height and weight of a potential superstar cornerback. I have come to the conclusion this game doesn't generate new players but rather names. Because as some may know I have been having trouble recruiting CB until I finally landed a 6'3 178lbs CB who had a speed of 99 agility 93 and acc 99 and catching of 74. Sounded great until the next season I saw a guy 6'3 178lbs with the same exact vitals. I recruited him and sure enough he is a match in everything except name and home state. I thought it was weird until as you guessed it I got another one the next year with the same shit. While it is nice to have all that speed in the secondary it sucks that there are no unique players.

And the thing about it is he(all three) is a playermaker... I have each on my depth chart as 1,2,3 and sure enough my pass defense is amazing. My return teams are top notch because once i hit that corner I am gone.

Man this is concerning..

I've been spending some time playing online.. i need to learn the lesson i do every year... DON'T PLAY WITH RANDOM SHMUCKS ONLINE....anyway. the cheesing is absurd..

Gotta get back into my dynasty, but this is a concern to me...

Anyway.. if any of you guys want to play online, wademoore is my id on there also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:01 PM   #804
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop

Oh man this sucks. Im gonna look into this some more. Hope its just an isolated insident but doubt it.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:17 PM   #805
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Oh man this sucks. Im gonna look into this some more. Hope its just an isolated insident but doubt it.

I looked into it in my game, and I went through 3 seasons and didn't see any of this happening. I'll keep looking for it, but I'm hoping it's just an isolated incident.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:21 PM   #806
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

#1 CB in my first draft? 6'3", 178. Hrm.

Otherwise, I'm having a blast.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:21 PM   #807
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

dola...

"Draft". Heh. I mean "recruiting season".
Old 08-01-2005, 08:27 PM   #808
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
I looked into it in my game, and I went through 3 seasons and didn't see any of this happening. I'll keep looking for it, but I'm hoping it's just an isolated incident.

Hm... what system are you guys on?
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:30 PM   #809
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

XBox, but I'd be surprised if there was a difference by system.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:35 PM   #810
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMyths

is this problem only the cb position only?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:58 PM   #811
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Sim Engine Fix For NCAA 2006

http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=103340
Old 08-01-2005, 10:06 PM   #812
MrBug708
Head Coach

Sadly the onside kick function is pretty easy to recover. It doesn't inforce the 5 (Or 10?!?) yard rule
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 10:08 PM   #813
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
Hm... what system are you guys on?

I'm on ps2.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:03 PM   #814
SFL Cat
College Starter

Quote:
dola...

"Draft". Heh. I mean "recruiting season".

I dunno, draft might not be so far off, especially if the signing bonus you offered was better than what the competing schools were offering.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:14 PM   #815
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

I'll say this much...I'm LOVING the new recruiting system. Fun fun fun.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:10 AM   #816
jbmagic
Pro Starter

EA messed up position changes again

http://www.vgsportsinc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27822

Quote:
Position changes still have wacky results (incoming players and returning players)

Change an incoming TE to WR (and keep him there for a Power WR), and he will gain nearly 15 points in SPD, STR, and ACC.

You can also make a speedy TE by changing an incoming TE to WR and saving the position change then return to position changes and turn him back into a TE (he will retain his added SPD, STR, and ACC).

Change a new OLB to MLB, and he also gains about 15 points in SPD, STR, and ACC.

Change a recruited FB to HB or WR, and he also gains a bunch in SPD, STR, and ACC.

Changing an incoming FS to CB or SS will result in small boosts to SPD, STR, and ACC.

Heck because how bad EA screwed this up, you can even take an incoming 1* QB and turn him into a guy with 98 SPD, 98 STR, 98 ACC before you even go to Training.

Warning- Your TE or OLB needs to have less than 84 in SPD, STR, and ACC or the rating will be changed into the 40's.

Changing returning players to a new position will initially show your players attributes changing, but they will all return to normal when you look at Training results. If you have 8 WR's and only 3 CB's, just change 2 of your returning WR's to CB (they will keep all their ratings, including AWR).
Old 08-02-2005, 03:33 PM   #817
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
Sadly the onside kick function is pretty easy to recover. It doesn't inforce the 5 (Or 10?!?) yard rule

? You sure ?

In an exhibition game, it was called on me twice.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:34 PM   #818
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:

I would be too, but worth a shot. I'm not to my first offseason recruiting yet, but I'll be looking out.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:10 PM   #819
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
? You sure ?

In an exhibition game, it was called on me twice.
He may have penalties turned off, in which case he'd be right. As would you.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:33 AM   #820
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Do the Big East teams always end up sucking or what? I am trying to start a dynasty with a team, and I am considering Syracuse, Maryland, or North Carolina...possibly Miami (OH) or Marshall as well. I don't want to be Syracuse if I am going to end up dominating.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 10:02 AM   #821
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I'm still in my first season, so I can't really help with this. However, I've heard that yes, the Big East does stink after a while.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:07 AM   #822
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Good news

there a fix for the sims stats on NCAA 2006.

http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=104751
Old 08-11-2005, 12:15 AM   #823
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Could you please cut and paste for those of us who either a) always get the "server too busy" message and/or b) don't want to register over there? It'd make things easier.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:23 AM   #824
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Could you please cut and paste for those of us who either a) always get the "server too busy" message and/or b) don't want to register over there? It'd make things easier.

ok. but you will need to go here and register to download the excel file with the infomation you will need to do it.

http://www.utopiafootball.com/forums...ad.php?t=30143

Quote:
sm27 the creator of this.

Whew!!!!!

After about 500-600 Sims of season 1 of a dynasty in NCAA 2006, and about 25 hours of sleep over the past week and a half, I am at a point that I can call Highly acceptable given the fact that the entire sim engine is broke on this damn game. I was initialy of the opinion that the Sim engine's main problem was ratings, and though that is part of it, I think the real problem is that the simmed game stats aren't all being recorded in the right categories. Mainly Sacks and Passing attempts. From what I can tell, in "Sim World", If a team is attempting to run a passing play and the defense get's into the QB's face and puts him under pressure and TACKLES HIM, The sim engine see's that first move that the QB makes to avoid the sack as a "Rushing Attempt" and when he DOES get sacked, it is documented in the stat log as a Rush for a loss by the QB..... That would explain the insane Completion%'s/QB Effeciency Ratings......Not ANYTHING I can do about that. But that's Ok, I HAVE gotten the QB Ratings WAYYY down and decreased the TD totals for Passing By a HUGE degree, to the point that you can compete for the Heisman as a QB without having to throw 6 TDs a Game for 90% of your games in a season.

I have had a great deal of help from all of you that put some of the resource material together for me....Playbooks, NCAA stat Compilation from Last year, etc.... I will have to look back through this thread and Threads on other boards to give credit where it is do, and I will put it at the top of this post tomorrow and put some more details in over the next few days, but for now, I am dead fuggin tired, it is 4:00 in the morning and I really need to just get this fix up here on this page so you guys can fix your franchises.

Focusing on the QB Efficiency Rating alone this is what you get in "Default" coaching sliders:
NUMBER OF QB'S WITH +200 QB RATING=Varies from 4-6 in year one
REAL NCAA QB'S WITH +200 QB EFFICIENCY RATING=0
SOURCE LINK=
http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank....sseff&site=org

TD'S=avg-3 qb's with 49+, avg 19 qb'S with 30-48 TD's
REAL NCAA QB TD'S-...+49=0, ONE WITH 41, SIX QB'S WITH +30
SOURCE LINK=

ATTEMPTS=HIGHEST=1 QB WITH 525-531 att, 35 QB'S 300-399 att, NO QB'S 400 TO 500, NO QB OVER 600.
REAL NCAA PASS ATTEMPTS=HIGHEST= 2QB'S OVER 600!, 1QB OVER 500, 9QB 400-499, VAST MAJORITY QB'S 300-400.
SOURCE LINK=
http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank....rpass&site=org

+70 COMP%=38-44QB'S, HIGHEST QB=81%, LOWEST QB=56%, VAST MAJORITY=+63%
REAL NCAA COMP%=2 QB'S+70%, HIGHEST=73.54%, LOWEST=42.34%, VAST MAJORITY=53-61%.
SOURCE LINK=

INT'S=12-15 QB'S WITH 11-19, NONE OVER 19, VAST MAJORITY WITH 4-9, 3 QB'S WITH 1 INT/and + 24 TD's!
REAL NCAA INT'S=HIGHEST=2QB'S WITH 19, LOWEST= 3QB'S WITH 3INT'S,*this particular area looks pretty good actually, untill you look at TD/INT ratio...too many TD's for the vast majority of EA QB's!

WHERE I HAVE GOTTEN TO WITH QB STATS:
There are some trade offs that are apparent here. First thing to consider is that damn +200 QB RATING that is so rampant in the default state, that is simply unacceptable to me. Their is no way that you can have a Top Rated QB on your team if you are competing with those insane ratings since the CPU considers QB Efficiency Rating+Total Yards as the "Benchmark" for top rated QB's. You COULD compete that way but all of the games the HUM plays would have to be Shootouts with EVERY GAME having to be scores of upwards of 48 for the HUM just to enter into the Competition for top QB from year to year. For a lot of guys this is a fun way to play, not for me though, I Like a balanced game, Good Defense, Balanced Offense, with a realistic score and stats., But I am getting off the point here.......

TRADEOFFS
There are choices to be made between different Offensive and Defensive statistical categories. In real life NCAA if you notice, TEXAS TECH and HAWAII had the most pass attempts,(642 and 602). I can get the pass attempts up from the default results, (best was 621 for Tommy Chiang) for one or two guys, with no one in the 400 range.This also results in more QB's with better INT/TD ratios, but then the TD Passes and overall scoring goes through the roof as well as COMP% and low Rushing stats, (Highest Rusher being in the 1450 to 1550 yrd range). Although the Pass attempts will be up there for the Leading schools, It blows everything else out of whack League wide as far as Scoring, Total TD's Passed, Low Rushing yardage, too many +70% COMP% QB's, (around 12), No QB below 63%..etc. I can Take care of the Overall Scoring aspect of the QB's and get the COMP%'s down with a combination of RUN/PASS DEFENSE and MAX CONSERVATIVE DEF AGGRESSION, but then I ended up with HORRIBLE "SACK" Leaders,(best was 9 with 4-6 being the norm). So with a combination of ALL of the coaching sliders I Gave you guys a Blanket "QUICK FIX" for the sim engine to tide you over while I dug more deeply into this whole thing. The settings I am about to give you are MUCH better as they are "Team Specific", as well as being greatly more effective.

I am MUCH TO TIRED to go into all of the aspects of the formula I came up with to make this all possible...Suffice it to say that if you just put all of the values into all of the coaching strategies EXACTLY AS I SHOW YOU The sim engine will be MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, Closer to what we all want.

The MAIN THING that has to be remembered here is competition with the CPU. There are going to be a couple of Tradeoffs which I consider acceptable Given the Problems that we can't do anything about:

1.) NO QB IS GOING TO MAKE 600+ passing attempts in a season. If you did have a QB throw that many times in the sim engine, they would be rushing the ball less than 80 times for the whole year. You will see guys in the 450-525 range (1 or 2 QB's)

2.) SACKS: As I explained above, a couple of guys in the mid teens at best. If a Player gets 20 it's gonna be you getting it.

3.) TACKLES League Leaders around 100 right now. I will be able to get this better by tweaking some of the Defenses a bit.

4.) QB Completion Percentage : Because of the faulty stat reporting I described above, As well as QB THA ratings being too good, this will NEVER BE RIGHT. Believe me I tried as hard as I could to get around it, but I ended up giving too many other statistical areas away...So we are just going to have to get over it.

Ok those are the negatives......now for the POSITIVES!!

This is what we got!

RESULTS USING THE "TEAM SPECIFIC NCAA COACHING FORMULA"

PASSING:
NUMBER OF QB'S WITH +200 QB RATING=0
HIGHEST QB RATING=194.2
LOWEST QB RATING=120.1, (six QB's BELOW 130!)
Vast Majority in 140-153 range
MOST PASSING TD's=36!, 6 QB's bet. 30 and 35!
MOST PASSES INTERCEPTED=15, 12 QB'S +10 INT,
4000+ YARD PASSERS=0!-only one QB over 3500 yards, 3574 yards, 27TDs,11 INT, 144.2 QB Rating!
HIGHEST COMPLETION%=2 QB's @ 74%
TOTAL QB's WITH +70% COMPLETION%= 8..too many because of the flawed stat reporting I explained above,
HIGHEST AVG PER PASS=1 QB @ 11 yrds per pass...Guess who?..not who you think!
QB's WITH +300 YARDS PER GAME=4 !!
QB WITH LOWEST YARDS PER GAME, 75 ATTEMPTS MINIMUM=102.3 !!
MOST COMPLETED= 293comp/458att
SACKED!1 QB's with 37, 1 with 35, 20 QB's with between 25 and 35

RUSHING
MOST YARDS=1781/ 288att/5.9 avg/21 TD's/ long=67yds/ 156.4 yds per game
MOST TD's=21

DEFENSE
MOST TACKLES=95can be boosted with defensive SUB MORE/LESS adjustment if wanted
TKLS FOR LOSS=HIGH=29(LOLB), majority in the HIGH "teens"
MOST INTS=5
MOST PASSES DEFLECTED=16, There is a nice Range of Guys between 11-14
MOST FORCED FUM=4(OLB)

Those are the "KEY" stats.

SM27's TEAM SPECIFIC NCAA COACHING PHILOSOPHY FORMULA

You MUST DOWNLOAD THIS DOCUMENT....Microsoft Excel sheet That Timothy Stratten initialy created (Thanks Tim!) and DoctorHay and Myself kept working on. Print It up And Set up your FIXED DYNASTY

DOWNLOAD THIS EXCEL DOCUMENT AND PRINT IT UP!!

Step by step instructions to FIX the sim engine:

It makes no difference whether you play Varsity, AA, or Heisman. The sim Engine doesn't recognize the level you play on as a Factor.

1)
Download the spreadsheet and print it up. Make sure that the document is configured properly for your print set up so everything gets printed, ie. no missing categories.

2)
Turn on your xbox, (or Ps2), make sure you have the roster loaded you want to start a dynasty with. Make sure that your AI settings are loaded that you want to use in your dynasty.

3)
Be in a comfortable chair, with a new pack of Ciggs, a clean ashtray, a Notepad and pencil, and a pot of coffee....your gonna be here for a while.

4)
Select Game Mode "DYNASTY", pick the team or teams that you are going to play with and start it.

5 )
Now the fun starts, go to "Coaching Strategies".

6)
Before you get into this, take the phone off the hook, it get's confusing as hell if you get distracted by someone that makes you stop.

7)
It is a lot easier while doing this if you scroll through the teams in the game to the first team on the list in the excel spreadsheet, AKRON. Make up your mind that the sequence will be to adjust both all of the offensive, and all of the defensive coaching strategy sliders for each team in the alphabetical sequence that they appear in the spreadsheet on a Team by Team basis, following down the list in the spreadsheet...otherwise you might lose your place....don't want to do that.

8)
EXAMPLE OF HOW TO DO EACH TEAM:

AKRON=Example Team

Offense:
RUN/PASS=57/43
Move the slider untill it reflects 57%RUN/43%PASS

AGGRESSION=13%
Move the slider ALL OF THE WAY TO THE LEFT UNTIL IT IS EMPTY,(0%), then COUNT BACK TO THE RIGHT 13 "Clicks, this will represent "13%".

SUB%=67%
Since this is above 50% for this particular team, it is EASIER to move the slider ALL OF THE WAY TO THE RIGHT FIRST, this will represent 100%, then COUNT BACK DOWN TO THE LEFT 33 "Clicks". This is now representing 67%-(100% minus 33%=67%)

Akron's offense is now done, now do the same Process for Akron's DEFENSE

After the Defense is done for AKRON you will scroll to the next team on the list.."AIR FORCE". BE CAREFUL that you are on AIR FORCE'S OFFENSE Before you start moving things around....You want to make sure every step of the way so their is no doubt in your mind when you are all done that you have adjusted everything to the exact values that are displayed in the spreadsheet.

9)
Do this for ALL TEAMS. (I know it sux), Don't worry, after you do a few teams you will get a feel for it and be able to establish a Flow that will make it much faster than you think.

Ok, it's now a couple of hours later and you just finished FIXING all of the Teams...........

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE SAVE YOUR DYNASTY NOW so no matter what happens later on, you can always start your dynasty over from this point..You don't want to have to do this again.

READY TO PLAY?

Ok, Your a Hardcore Player, you want to start playing right now even though your Left Thumb is tired from "Counting Clicks".

Let's say that YOUR TEAM is the mighty MICHIGAN WOLVERINES,(Go BLUE!). The first game on your schedule is NORTHERN ILLINOIS.

BEFORE YOU START PLAYING YOUR GAME

1)
Go to COACHING STRATEGIES
Put all of the Coaching Strategy Sliders For both MICHIGAN and NORTHERN ILLINOIS back to their ORIGINAL SETTINGS which I have documented for you on Page One of the excel spreadsheet.

2)
Play your Game

3)
After your game is over, RE ADJUST THE COACHING STRATEGY SLIDERS BACK TO "The Fix" settings, using the spreadsheet. This will insure that the team you just played against keeps simulating it's other games realisticly.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:43 AM   #825
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Playmakers' All-American NCAA 06 Final Sliders for NCAA 2006

Level's 1-3 are all AA Level and Heisman is Level 4.

The Minutes are 7-9 which ever fits your style of play

My SUB OUT is 77%/SUB IN is 82%

ALL PENALTIES MAXED ACCEPT UNSPORTSMANLIKE AND FACE MASK 60% FOR EACH

Quote:
All 4 Levels of Sliders can be found on this page in order of difficulty. I made changes on both original AA level Sliders in an effort to be more competive and open up the CPU's Passing and Running game. If those problems didn't exist for you with the original settings then you can disregard the changes.

The NEW BONUS SET is now considered LEVEL 1 play. So, if you like you can advance through all 4 Level's in order of sequence or you can jump to the Level that best fits your skill. All Levels of AA Sliders SPL TEAMS are the same.

Keep in mind that matchups may differ from week to based upon who you are playing. You might struggle to run or pass with a current Slider setup vs a top rated team but have much more success vs a lower rated team. The best way to test this theory is by using your backups in blowouts or vice versa see how your starters fair vs the CPU's backups if they are blowing you out.

BONUS SET SLIDERS AA (LEVEL 1)

QBA-25/25
PASS BLK-50/25
WR CATCH-50/50
RBA-50/50
RUN BLK-0/25

DEF AWR-25/50
KDWN-25/99
INT-15/15
BRK BLK-0/50
TKL-25/99

FGL-50/25
FGA-25/50
PNTL-50/40
PNTA-25/50
KOL-45/45

PLAYMAKERS COLLEGE CLASSIC SET AA (LEVEL 2)

QBA-25/25.............(Old settings were 30-H)
PASS BLK-65/40......(Old settings were 60-H/60-CPU)
WR CATCH-50/50....(Old settings were 60-H/75-CPU)
RBA-35/50..............(Old settings were 30-H)
RUN BLK-15/40.......(Old settings were 30-H/50-CPU)

DEF AWR-25/60
KDWN-25/85.........(Old setting were 75-H/60-CPU)
INT-15/15.............(Old settings were 10-CPU)
BRK BLK-15/65......(Old setting were 40-H/60-CPU)
TKL-25/85.............(Old settings were 60-H/60-CPU)

FGL-50/25
FGA-25/50
PNTL-50/40
PNTA-25/50
KOL-45/45

PLAYMAKERS COLLEGE GAMEDAY SET AA (LEVEL 3)

QBA-25/25
PASS BLK-55/55.....(Old setting were 60-H/40-CPU)
WR CATCH-50/75...(Old settings were 75-H)
RBA-25/50............(Old setting were 35-H/45-CPU)
RUN BLK-25/50.......(Old setting were 15-H/40-CPU)

AWR-25/75
KWDN-50/75.........(Old settings were 75-H)
INT-15/15
BRK BLK-25/75......(Old settings were 50-H)
TKL-25/75

FGL-50/25
FGA-25/50
PNTL-50/40
PNTA-25/50
KOL-45/45

PLAYMAKERS HEISMAN SET (LEVEL 4)

QBA-25/25
PASS BLK-60/15
WR CATCH-50/50
RBA-35/35
RUN BLK-60/5

DEF AWR-25/35
KDWN-25/10
INT-25/40
BRK BLK-75/15
TKL-75/75

FGL-45/45
FGA-60/40
PNTL-50/45
PNTA-60/50
KOL-45/45

Last edited by jbmagic : 08-11-2005 at 12:53 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:19 AM   #826
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Thanks, jbmagic. This may get me back into playing NCAA again.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:54 PM   #827
Ironhead
College Prospect

Really getting irritated with NCAA right now. I am seeing more and more dropped passes by both teams when playing single player. In my last dynasty game my Wildcats dropped a whopping 11 out of 31 passes and the Gators dropped 7.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 11:51 PM   #828
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead
Really getting irritated with NCAA right now. I am seeing more and more dropped passes by both teams when playing single player. In my last dynasty game my Wildcats dropped a whopping 11 out of 31 passes and the Gators dropped 7.
Look back a few pages and you'll see my gripes on this too. Im thinking of turning UNLV into a Smashmouth team because of the dropped passes if this problem keeps happening.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:59 PM   #829
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead
I'd suggest adjusting the sliders for accuracy and/or catching upwards, and perhaps using either Jistic's or Playmaker's slider sets...I'm seeing dropped passes, but more or less a realistic number, and nothing like the travesty of '05.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:49 AM   #830
Emiliano
College Prospect

Quote:
I'd suggest adjusting the sliders for accuracy and/or catching upwards, and perhaps using either Jistic's or Playmaker's slider sets...I'm seeing dropped passes, but more or less a realistic number, and nothing like the travesty of '05.

Agreed. I play with QB Accuracy and WR Catching at 99, both human and cpu. I'm still seeing dropped passes, but very few. Try it, it will be much better.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:47 PM   #831
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I just found a MAJOR bug.

I'm in like 2017, and Duke finished the season #5 in the nation with an 11-1 record. I can't believe EA let something like this slip through the cracks. Damn buggy game.

Old 08-20-2005, 01:07 PM   #832
MikeVic
Head Coach

I don't want to read through 17 pages of threads... but I was wondering how "worth it" this game is. I only have a Gamecube that I can play it on, and would also need to buy another memory card since it requires a horribly large amount of blocks.

So, is this game solid enough to have fun with for a few months?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 01:09 PM   #833
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic
I don't want to read through 17 pages of threads... but I was wondering how "worth it" this game is. I only have a Gamecube that I can play it on, and would also need to buy another memory card since it requires a horribly large amount of blocks.

So, is this game solid enough to have fun with for a few months?

Did it ever come out for the gamecube? I heard rumors that it wasn't. In any case, I'd say it is a very fun game, but has a few flaws that bring it down some. However, if you don't have NCAA 2004, I'd say it is definitely worth it.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 01:11 PM   #834
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Did it ever come out for the gamecube? I heard rumors that it wasn't. In any case, I'd say it is a very fun game, but has a few flaws that bring it down some. However, if you don't have NCAA 2004, I'd say it is definitely worth it.

I saw it used for $45 at EB here... which I wanted to buy right when I saw it considering Canada doesn't really get the game... so I don't know how it got there.

Looks like I'll be stopping by and checking it out. Thanks.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:56 PM   #835
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
I saw it used for $45 at EB here... which I wanted to buy right when I saw it considering Canada doesn't really get the game... so I don't know how it got there.

Looks like I'll be stopping by and checking it out. Thanks.

Are you sure that it was NCAA 2006? I'm still reasonably certain that it isn't out for the GameCube and never will be. Call me a puddle of goo if I'm wrong, but I have never seen any sign of this game for GameCube.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:58 PM   #836
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
Are you sure that it was NCAA 2006? I'm still reasonably certain that it isn't out for the GameCube and never will be. Call me a puddle of goo if I'm wrong, but I have never seen any sign of this game for GameCube.

Maybe it was 2005 then? Is that game any good?
Old 08-20-2005, 02:02 PM   #837
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Maybe it was 2005 then? Is that game any good?

No. Avoid 2005 like the plague. Get 2004 before you get 2005.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:09 PM   #838
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
No. Avoid 2005 like the plague. Get 2004 before you get 2005.

Heh alright.. what about NCAA2K3? I believe it's the Sega game. I saw multiple copies for $12... so it's very cheap.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:13 PM   #839
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Heh alright.. what about NCAA2K3? I believe it's the Sega game. I saw multiple copies for $12... so it's very cheap.

I've never played the Sega Game. I think that EA Sports NCAA 2004 is the best college football game in the series (although there is a good argument to be made for 2006.)
Old 08-20-2005, 02:33 PM   #840
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Playmakers' All-American NCAA 06 Final Sliders for NCAA 2006

Level's 1-3 are all AA Level and Heisman is Level 4.

The Minutes are 7-9 which ever fits your style of play

My SUB OUT is 77%/SUB IN is 82%

ALL PENALTIES MAXED ACCEPT UNSPORTSMANLIKE AND FACE MASK 60% FOR EACH

I haven't seen the sub in and sub out option. Where can I find it? If it helps, I'm playing on the XBOX.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:34 PM   #841
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I haven't seen the sub in and sub out option. Where can I find it? If it helps, I'm playing on the XBOX.

Oddly enough, it is under the controller options I believe.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:37 PM   #842
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Garr!
Old 08-20-2005, 05:27 PM   #843
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I like NCAA much more than Madden so far. The gameplay is that much fun.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 06:34 PM   #844
Ironhead
College Prospect

What sliders/level are you playing on MizzouRah? How is your dynasty going?
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 07:53 PM   #845
Emiliano
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I like NCAA much more than Madden so far. The gameplay is that much fun.

Me too. I love it. Although Madden is good, NCAA football is just great.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:13 PM   #846
MikeVic
Head Coach

Got NCAA 2004 for $13CAD after S&H off of ebay. Can't wait to play it next week.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:47 PM   #847
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Got NCAA 2004 for $13CAD after S&H off of ebay. Can't wait to play it next week.

Excellent. I'm fairly certain it is the best college football game for the GameCube (as I'm fairly sure NCAA 2006 wasn't/nor will be released for the GameCube.

I hope you enjoy it.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:25 AM   #848
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Excellent. I'm fairly certain it is the best college football game for the GameCube (as I'm fairly sure NCAA 2006 wasn't/nor will be released for the GameCube.

I hope you enjoy it.

Yeah, from what I see, 2006 isn't out for Cube. I believe 2004 is also the one I rented before and enjoyed a lot... but had launch games to play still so I didn't buy it.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:14 AM   #849
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I've never played the Sega Game. I think that EA Sports NCAA 2004 is the best college football game in the series (although there is a good argument to be made for 2006.)

so you like 2004 more than 2006?

what makes 2004 better than 2006?

Last edited by jbmagic : 08-21-2005 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:25 AM   #850
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I have 2k5, probably wont buy 2k6 unless I get it for x-mas. Might pick up 2k4 though, since I hear its much better than 2k5, and the price is attractive.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote