Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-27-2005, 08:54 PM   #801
Swaggs
Coordinator

It felt like such a win-win when I knew that either Anthony or Constantine would be going home.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:15 PM   #802
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

My guess is Anthony is gone next week. As much as I can't stand him, he gave an above-average performance this week and still finished second-to-last. Buh-bye!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:19 PM   #803
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
My guess is Anthony is gone next week. As much as I can't stand him, he gave an above-average performance this week and still finished second-to-last. Buh-bye!
God NO, not Scott lasting another week.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:48 PM   #804
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Constantine sucked this week, plain and simple... but still I can't STAND Scott!!! Get that ass off this show!!

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 11:23 PM   #805
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
Well, the trailer trash, having a kid at a young age and out of wedlock worked for Fantasia last year. Maybe Scott has the same fan base. He could win this thing!
That's completely ridiculous.

She won last year because she was head and shoulders better than anyone else in the competition...any comparisons between her and Chinstrap are silly.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 11:45 PM   #806
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby

She won last year because she was head and shoulders better than anyone else in the competition...
Ugh.....
Old 04-27-2005, 11:46 PM   #807
sabotai
General Manager

At this point, anyone not named Bo, Carrie or Vonzell needs to go. The order really just doesn't matter. They will, if people vote "correctly", be the final 3. If the order went Scott, Federov, Constantine or Constantine, Scott, Fecerov or whatever.

Constantine got the boot this week. GOOD. Just seeing that washed up, overpaid cheerleader cry was well worth it.

I don't really care who goes next week (Scott or Federov). As long as they are the next 2 gone, I will be happy with it.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 11:51 PM   #808
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
At this point, anyone not named Bo, Carrie or Vonzell needs to go. The order really just doesn't matter. They will, if people vote "correctly", be the final 3. If the order went Scott, Federov, Constantine or Constantine, Scott, Fecerov or whatever.

Constantine got the boot this week. GOOD. Just seeing that washed up, overpaid cheerleader cry was well worth it.

I don't really care who goes next week (Scott or Federov). As long as they are the next 2 gone, I will be happy with it.
Quite accurate information
Old 04-28-2005, 12:31 AM   #809
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

In my opinion, I think it is a foregone conclusion that Carrie is going to win just based on Simon's mannerisms and comments when Carrie performs. He almost has a 'oh gee.. THAT'S surprising' look when she is safe. I think that the judges/producers know what the voting percents are and if Carrie is consistently pulling X % more than the rest.. they probably figure she is going to win.

This week, if Simon wouldn't have said you are leaving, Scott would have been gone. Scott almost reminds me of that Eddie Murphy skit where he's a white guy that gets drunk and votes for Jesse Jackson. "He fuckin' won?"

On a side note... My wife is convinced Bo is bangin' Carrie though.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 04:11 AM   #810
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby

She won last year because she was head and shoulders better than anyone else in the competition...any comparisons between her and Chinstrap are silly.

LaToya should've won.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 07:01 AM   #811
Danny
Head Coach

I dont know, I think Bo is still in it. He should pick up more of Constatine's votes than any other contestant I would think.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 07:30 AM   #812
TRO
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Drickman
I dont know, I think Bo is still in it. He should pick up more of Constatine's votes than any other contestant I would think.

Bo should pick up most of Bo's sure, but besides the crowd that won't vote for another female winner (not sure how big that crowd is), I'd have to figure Carrie would garner most of the Anthony, Scott and Vonzell's votes. I don't think we can really count out Vonzell either though.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:55 AM   #813
Ksyrup

I fully expect one of the consensus Final Three (Vonzell, Bo, and Carrie) to be voted off before Scott or Anthony, for a few reasons. First, it always seems to happen, and I don't think Constantine is the last. Second, the voters have shown a pattern of considering each week's performances in a vacuum, so one false move by a front-runner could put them in jeopardy. Third, it seems like Scott has some sort of voting base that really doesn't care if he does poorly or not. So, if a Bo or Carrie stumbles, they seem more likely to lose votes on a week-by-week basis than him.

Has Carrie ever been in the bottom three? She might be immune to this. I know Bo and Vonzell have both recently been close to leaving.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-28-2005, 08:16 AM   #814
Critch
lolzcat

Chinstrap is 28 and his kid is 4, is that really having a kid at a young age? One of my friends had been married 3 times and had kids with all of them by 28

Not sure why he's still there though, but as long as it means an end to Constantine it's ok with me. Constantine's problem was he tried to keep with the rocker act too long, even after Bo had beaten him as the token rocker. They both sing rock-y songs this week, they split the votes of people who like that kind of stuff, and Constantine loses. Lovely-jubly.

And to echo RPI-Fan's earlier complaint, the producers really messed up this week, I'd never heard any of those songs before and they all stunk

Last edited by Critch : 04-28-2005 at 08:28 AM.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:26 AM   #815
Ksyrup

I don't know why, but I thought he was like 21 or 22 for some reason.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:20 AM   #816
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Scott is the big joke of the show. In fact, if he does win.. the show just might go down the tubes for good...or not.

Todd
Old 04-28-2005, 09:37 AM   #817
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Go Here for some funny "Worst" idol stuff.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08

Last edited by gottimd : 04-28-2005 at 09:40 AM.
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 11:05 AM   #818
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

I wonder if Scott has actually had the lowest vote total each show for a month, but they are afraid to actually kick him off. Scott probably pulled Seacrest aside just before they went live, showed Seacrest the gun he was carrying under his jacket, and told Seacrest that he would be first if the shit goes down.
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 12:02 PM   #819
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I was a bit disappointed that Constantine went home. I missed the first show this week, but over the past several weeks as a whole, I thought he had moved into the elite group with Carrie, Bo, and Vonzell. That is a group that, other than Vonzell, haven't really done much to stand out over the past few weeks.

I think Anthony is like Clay Aiken, maybe even better, but I don't think Clay was good enough to win this season. Scott's fan base must be huge. We're talking Ruben sized. Maybe all of Ohio just relates to him. His performances just get worse and worse, yet he sticks around.

Last year when, was it LaToya?, was dropped, the losers went in quick succession the following weeks. So here's hoping that Scott and then Anthony are the next two to go. It'd be a real shame if Scott goes any further.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 12:46 PM   #820
jbmagic
Pro Starter

i think Gary Broslma is way better than Scott.

hxxp://www.big-boys.com/articles/idle.html

Flash animation. click on play.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 12:49 PM   #821
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Damn JB, that is like the 5th post in a minute you have linked to that site.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 12:54 PM   #822
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
Damn JB, that is like the 3rd post in a minute you have linked to that site.

fix that for you.

you got to admit he way better than Scott

Last edited by jbmagic : 04-28-2005 at 01:04 PM.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 01:34 PM   #823
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
I fully expect one of the consensus Final Three (Vonzell, Bo, and Carrie) to be voted off before Scott or Anthony, for a few reasons. First, it always seems to happen, and I don't think Constantine is the last. Second, the voters have shown a pattern of considering each week's performances in a vacuum, so one false move by a front-runner could put them in jeopardy. Third, it seems like Scott has some sort of voting base that really doesn't care if he does poorly or not. So, if a Bo or Carrie stumbles, they seem more likely to lose votes on a week-by-week basis than him.

Has Carrie ever been in the bottom three? She might be immune to this. I know Bo and Vonzell have both recently been close to leaving.
Carrie's never been in the bottom 3 to this point.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:38 PM   #824
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by judicial clerk
I wonder if Scott has actually had the lowest vote total each show for a month, but they are afraid to actually kick him off. Scott probably pulled Seacrest aside just before they went live, showed Seacrest the gun he was carrying under his jacket, and told Seacrest that he would be first if the shit goes down.

He said "Seacrest, out...yeah boy."

It's a strange phenomenon this keep the weak, boot the good. Same thing happens in Survivor consistently. I guess they got it right because America votes the same way.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:23 PM   #825
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne

I think Anthony is like Clay Aiken, maybe even better, but I don't think Clay was good enough to win this season. Scott's fan base must be huge. We're talking Ruben sized. Maybe all of Ohio just relates to him. His performances just get worse and worse, yet he sticks around.

Clay would have walked all over these people with the possible exception of Bo.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 04:26 PM   #826
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal

Send me a bag of that SC sticky.

Todd
Old 04-28-2005, 06:07 PM   #827
Critch
lolzcat

Completely unsurprising, but enough to get him booted off of AI?

"Idol" Finalist Dodged Cocaine, Pot Raps
Bo Bice completed drug diversion program after two Alabama busts

APRIL 28--One of the five remaining "American Idol" finalists was once arrested for felony cocaine possession, but had the charge--and a separate marijuana count--dismissed last year after completing a so-called "diversion program," The Smoking Gun has learned. Harold "Bo" Bice, 29, was busted in June 2001 by Huntsville, Alabama cops and hit with the drug count, a Class C felony, according to the below warrant. He was arrested again in July 2003 near Birmingham and charged with marijuana possession, public intoxication, and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to court records. He pleaded guilty to the latter two misdemeanors in December 2004.

hxxp://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0427051_bo_bice_american_idol_1.html

edited to avoid a dola - apparently Fox say they knew and wont can him.

Last edited by Critch : 04-28-2005 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:53 PM   #828
Ksyrup

That just confirms that Bo is a real rocker.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:55 PM   #829
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch
edited to avoid a dola - apparently Fox say they knew and wont can him.

Yeah, the reason people got booted in the past was because they didn't inform FOX of what happened. This is why Scott is still on as well, because he told them of his legal problems.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:05 PM   #830
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal

I was a big fan of Clay that season, and still figure the fix was in for Ruben to win. I'm guessing they wanted two stars rather than one, and Clay can carry his own water.

I'm not certain about Clay running amok over this crowd. The quality of "entertainer/performer" is higher this season, and that seems to be figuring in to the mix some. Bo is a great entertainer, and a pretty decent vocalist. Clay would bury him vocally, but Bo is a performer. I think Carrie is this year's Clay, except I don't think she is as good vocally as he was. She might win the whole thing because of her vocals alone.

Vonzell really came out of no where for me. I didn't see her anywhere in the final mix early on. I actually figured the final 5 would be Carrie and four guys. She has easilly been the most improved over the course of the season.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 10:02 PM   #831
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

There is a rumor that several phone banks were set up to call for Scott to purposely sabotage AI. The thought is if Scott wins, the show is over.
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 11:03 PM   #832
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson
There is a rumor that several phone banks were set up to call for Scott to purposely sabotage AI. The thought is if Scott wins, the show is over.

Mrs. Eaglesfan heard on the radio the other day a radio personality urging people to "vote for the worst" and bring down AI. He also mentioned this thread from a website which has over 154 pages. Here is an hxxp'd link to that thread which discusses using various tactics (including autodialers) to help the worst stay around. There are also people denouncing this tactic in the thread from my very brief skimming of it just now:

hxxp://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm28.showMessage?topicID=7600.topic
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:42 AM   #833
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Let's go Scott!
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 03:27 AM   #834
TLK
Pro Starter

oh my.... 154 pages... they have us beat.....
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 07:40 AM   #835
Critch
lolzcat

AI Conspiracy theory - Constantine is on a show being interviewed and gives a number of plugs for his ex-band including plugging their new cd. Apparently this is completely forbidden by his AI contract.

Suddenly he surprisingly is voted off. Anybody want to put 2 plus 2 together and get 5 about whether or not the show really uses the phone votes, or whether the producers decide who gets booted?
Old 04-29-2005, 08:12 AM   #836
Ksyrup

I don't know. They aren't selling a new CD, this is something they released previously that obviously no one cared about pre-AI. Bo's band is selling his old CD, too.

I did think Simon's comments to Constantine after he performed, about how he crossed the line from rocker to crooner and shouldn't go back, were meant as a not-so-subtle jab at the news about his old band's CD being re-released.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:25 AM   #837
Subby
lolzcat

Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:56 PM   #838
Joe
Pro Starter

why couldn't the cocaine story on Bo have come out last week? then he could've sang "Lit Up" by Buckcherry with the clever hook "I love the cocaine, I love the cocaine"
Old 04-29-2005, 02:38 PM   #839
ShaqFu
H.S. Freshman Team

People forget that Scott Savol fits the mold of the average Fox viewer.
ShaqFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 02:55 PM   #840
Ksyrup

Scott broke that mold.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:02 PM   #841
Ksyrup

From Amazon.com's top sellers:
  1. Bruce Springsteen
    Devils & Dust
    (Rate it)
  2. Constantine Maroulis, Pray For The Soul of Betty
    Pray For The Soul of Betty
Doesn't even come out until May 10. Fucker's gonna hit #1 if enough brick-and-mortars carry it. Unbelievable.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-29-2005 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:17 PM   #842
Swaggs
Coordinator

I wonder what's up with his AI contract? Surely they worded it well enough to protect themselves from giving free pub to someone without benefitting in some way.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 04:23 PM   #843
Ksyrup

The thing is, this is not a new CD, so may he can benefit from it. Bo's doing the same thing on his old band's website.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:33 PM   #844
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

From what I understand, he had to sign away rights to the band. I don't think he is getting anything out of it. It is the band that is cashing in at this point.
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 03:38 PM   #845
Ksyrup

I think this might be the culprit (or at least one of them):

http://www.votefortheworst.com/
Old 05-02-2005, 06:48 PM   #846
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think this might be the culprit (or at least one of them):

http://www.votefortheworst.com/

That is the website that Mrs. Eaglesfan heard promoted on the radio. The radio personalities here in New Orleans were urging people to check out that site and "vote for the worst."
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 01:41 PM   #847
Ksyrup

This is the best I can find on what the theme(s) will be. Is this the week they start doing 2 songs each? I guess 5 x 2 = 10 makes sense.

"Seatool allegedly did not report on what tonight's theme would be on his radio show this morning.

But last night on a Fox news, the anchors said the TWO themes were:
1. American Top 40
2. Songs by the legendary Lieber and Stoller (think Hound Dog, Jail House Rock, etc...)

So, in other words, "What we had last week + 50s" "
Old 05-03-2005, 07:10 PM   #848
Easy Mac

Tonight's songs: Lieber and Stoeller (or however you spell this shit), basically sing old songs first. Then another shot with songs on the Billboard top 40 right now (any billboard chart)

Easy Mac's real time idol ratings:
Anthony - Poison Ivy: Its nice to see Anthony getting back to his roots and sucking. His pretty decent performance last week worried me that he may survive longer than V, C, or B. Thankfully, he sang his first song horribly.

Rating:
Last - Anthony
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 07:12 PM   #849
Joe
Pro Starter

wow, scott shaved. no more chinstrap
Old 05-03-2005, 07:13 PM   #850
Easy Mac

Scott - On Broadway: He starts notes well, but by the end of the note he somehow fucks it up. He has a nice voice, he just has no idea what to do with it. He slurred his words, and his hair was as greasy as a taco.

Ratings:
next to last: Scott
last: Anthony
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote