Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-12-2004, 10:58 AM   #801
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Dunno, my ex got engaged today, so I'm rolling with the punches right now. I do get out of work early tonight (round 8). I may need to zone out.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 11:37 AM   #802
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm out for tonight as well. Poker game (live - not online).
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 07:36 AM   #803
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Good time last night, but I missed my deadline to turn in my export file for the HFL. They were cool about it though

Although I want to get White Napalm up in levels, it just isn't as fun as playing with the higher level characters. Big change when you go from doing almost 300 worth of damage to a max of 15 or 20. Also, although experience requirements are lower for the lower levels, I like to see 100 xp per mob (even though it's 69k to the next level!)
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 07:47 AM   #804
gi
College Prospect

The teen years in CoH provide the most frustration. I think they should address this since is seems more like work than fun to get out of them. This is a game, I do not want the teen years in real life duped in CoH! Maybe playing our high level char and sk some of the teens to assist will work better. Thoughts?

Last edited by gi : 08-13-2004 at 07:48 AM.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 08:51 AM   #805
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

My Lord! I almost delete Phaero last night. After playing my 23, I quickly forgot again (went through it with Ramble) how much I hate the lower levels. I think the SK thing with the higher levels is ok, but then we get an even bigger disparity with our high level guys.

maybe we should try to schedule things in a more scientific matter for the future to ensure that we all have characters around the same levels. although, this would do nothing for when we play on off days solo-like.

Something like

Tues:

Don sk Princess Io
Project Virus sk Phaero
Cometflash sk Hangfire

Thurs:

Albino sk ms revlon
Silver Streak sk blue bolt
Aucoin sk AoQ's controller (forgot his name)

i'm sure i left somebody out, but you get the gist. I like the idea of bring whoever you want to the party, but last night was frustrating.
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 09:02 AM   #806
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Is this game any fun?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 11:19 AM   #807
gi
College Prospect

The game is fun. But like everything, it has its frustrating moments.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:40 PM   #808
Bonegavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
Is this game any fun?

Very fun. What is keeping me playing right now is the camaraderie of my fellow FOFCers, even though you can find other good people through pick up teams. Balance begins to see problems once you hit the 20s and the Archetypes start to come into their own with certain powers. Some builds tend to drop off in usefulness as the levels progress and I hope they can fix these issues before our characters hit that.

The game is still in its infancy (live at the end of april) but they are making good strides towards content and balance.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:11 AM   #809
OldSchool
High School Varsity

I need to hop back on Victory and run with you guys some. Tuesday and Thursday are the nights?

Pyrodroid, 14th lvl Fire/Dev Blaster, Victory

Sniper 7, 33rd lvl AR/Dev Blaster, Virtue
Web Brawler, Lumpy, Skull Burner - Virtue alts
OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 02:47 PM   #810
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Hangfire is now a 17 level Fire/Dev
Old 08-14-2004, 04:24 PM   #811
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Congrats! Trying to get Silver Streak up to level 25 today.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:15 AM   #812
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Not a bad weekend overall. Got Silver Streak halfway to level 26, and White Napalm got level 11 before I came to work today. Teamed with everything (I think) at various points during the weekend. What I found funny is that it took me 15 hours to get White Napalm to level 11, and 157 hours to get Silver Streak to his current level. So, I could have 10 level 11s, or one guy who's level 25!
Old 08-16-2004, 09:09 AM   #813
Thomkal
Head Coach

I'm probably going to have few appearances with Comet, Blue, or Plinth because I'm an Olympic junkie and I MUST see all of it....I MUST.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 11:32 AM   #814
gi
College Prospect

I should be on Tuesday. Thursday is out, date.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:50 AM   #815
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Hangfire is now a 19th level Fire/Dev blaster.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:18 PM   #816
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Hangfire is now a 19th level Fire/Dev blaster.

Anyone on tonight?
Old 08-18-2004, 05:52 AM   #817
Raiders Army
Coordinator

We had a decent group last night with Silent Partner/Albino Claw, Project Virus, and Gail. Almost made it to level 26...I'm about 1500 xp away. Should get it tonight.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:16 AM   #818
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Argh...with 108,000 xp to level 27, it looks like a long road to go for two more enhancement slots. Also, last night I got in a group where I died a few times (at a little over 5k in debt per death), so that sucked. The only good thing about it was that I got Albino Claw into the group, and he joined me in death.

Afterwards, we made steady progress on our debt. I had a little over 12k left from 17k. I couldn't sleep last night, so I hopped back on...and died a couple more times. I now have 18k in debt. doh.

Also, I got this email from NC Interactive Support (which appears to be legit):

Quote:
Please read the following email as the status of your game account may be effected. Another customer has contacted us about a serial code they purchased that is no longer valid because it has been applied to your account. They were able to provide to us proof of purchase by faxing in the back of their CD sleeve and their receipt. Because of this, you are now receiving the following request for information.

In order for us to determine the nature of this issue, we will need you to provide us with the following requested information to verify serial code ownership. Please fax us a clear copy of your sales receipt and the CD sleeve showing the used serial code to (512) 498-4099 ATTN: Code Support. Be sure to write this ticket number and your PlayNC master account name on both of the requested pages you are faxing to us. After you have sent this fax, please reply back to this ticket, informing us of this and provide this additional information:

PlayNC master account name:
Your real name:
The 20 digit serial code you purchased:
Game you purchased:
Store name and location where you purchased it:

Once the information has been received and verified, you will receive a reply to your ticket with further information.

Since this matter is considered to be an account security issue, should we not receive this information within 5 days, we will be forced to block the game account in question. The account will remain blocked until the requested information is received and the process is completed. Your complete cooperation will insure that the account will remain accessible during this entire process.

Please be aware that we are not able to offer phone support for this issue - our Billing and Technical support representatives will be unable to assist you. Any questions regarding this matter should be asked by replying to this ticket. We assure you that we will attempt to resolve this issue as promptly as possible.

Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation

Weird, eh?
Old 08-19-2004, 07:31 AM   #819
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

That sounds like a scam to me. Better check their boards to make sure it's authentic. It sounds a lot like some kid trying to score free authentications to ruin someone else's day.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 09:45 AM   #820
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
That sounds like a scam to me. Better check their boards to make sure it's authentic. It sounds a lot like some kid trying to score free authentications to ruin someone else's day.

SI

Yeah, I agree its defintaly a scam. I remember reading that NCsoft would never ask for your account name.
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 09:50 AM   #821
C.J.
n00b

You got the "headers" on the email at all? we can research where that email actually came from using the headers. (most mail clients hide them 'cause it's a lot of useless information to most people).

Did a reverse look up on that number:
The phone number "(512) 498-4099" is a Austin, TX based phone number and the registered carrier is Time Warner Communications Axs Of Austin, Tx. Additional information for this number is not available.

Is Cryptic or PlayNC located in Texas?

I did find these links which list the number in the body of the text (which supports it being legit):
http://www.lineage.com/support/terms.html
http://www.plaync.com/help/eula_coh.html

Also, just noticed that they misused "effected" in the first sentance. Should be affected. Grammer mistakes can be a red flag.

(oh, btw....I use Gail-Force / Foxxy Coco in the SG if anyone's wondering "who the heck is this guy.")

Last edited by C.J. : 08-19-2004 at 12:01 PM.
C.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 12:59 AM   #822
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Just a note, Hangfire has made it to 20.

edit- as a side note, 8/4/04 is when Hangfire was created, it is now 8/20/04, a little more than two weeks, and I got him to 20, not bad for a casual gamer.

Last edited by Qwikshot : 08-20-2004 at 01:02 AM.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:07 AM   #823
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sorry that I have been a no-show this week. I've been home sick - and sick enough the last few days that it didn't include being on the PC. I'll plan on catching up with you guys next week. Looks like I may find myself as someone's sidekick at that point
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 10:06 AM   #824
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Although last night was fun, I have decided that it's taking me over twice as long to get to level 27. I think I've accrued over 50k in debt since I leveled to 26.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:18 AM   #825
Thomkal
Head Coach

21st level reached at last, at last! and about 5,000-6,000 into 22nd from last night thanks to the help of my fellow heroes.

I've upgraded my video drivers to Catalyst 4.8 this morning in hopes it will cure the problem I've been having with those streaks and lines of color I get sometimes. Cross your fingers
Old 08-20-2004, 01:49 PM   #826
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Warning: Was reading some info about the new Windows XP SP2. Apparently it can cause some stuff to go nuts with CoH.

CoH Boards Link

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:05 AM   #827
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Got level 27 with Silver Streak, and have 3 attacks 6 slotted with level 30 SOs. Had a good group this morning, and I'm at 75,000/135,000. Whew. Need to start playing White Napalm more.

Update on the cd key verification deal: faxed my stuff to them on Friday and replied to the email. They're still processing it, so I don't know what will happen.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:04 AM   #828
Bonegavel

Claw is on the verge of 27 after the XP-fest that was yesterday. I was only on for a few hours and got about 100K. w00t!

Silent Partner, Ramble, Excidian are all now 14 and have their travel powers (Fly, Super Jump, Super Speed, respectively).

Thoughts at this point in time regarding City of Heroes and my characters.

Albino Claw (claws/regen scrapper) is a ton of fun to play. I have a lot of attacks and the regen line has a few tricks up its sleeve to help me survive tougher battles. Only issue is that it took until level 22 for this Claw to be fun. Now, I can solo effectively and I really have to fight well to survive most higher level mobs, but it is doable.

Silent Partner (Mind/Kinetics Controller) is fun to play even at Level 14, but I now understand all the talk of Mind being gimped. Still, I don't mind loggin in as SP.

Ramble (Invuln/SuperStrength Tanker) Not sure what I was thinking with Super Strength because it isn't very much of anything. I thought a tanker would be boring, but being able to jump into the middle of a group and slug it out with little worry for health is very cool. Your job is to keep as many villains off of your teammates as possible and keep them pounding on you.

Excidian (spines/regen Scrapper) I started excidian to get Super Speed (the only Travel power i hadn't tried next to teleport which i doubt i will ever). He is more of a have fun with power selection character and not the guy i want to use with the Group. Spines is a wonderful attack set (just watch Project Virus and see) but I still like my claws scrapper better.

Last edited by Bonegavel : 08-23-2004 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:20 AM   #829
gi
College Prospect

After about a week long break, pretty boy Aucoin logged in last night. I'm 24 now. Thanks to PV and SS for the free xp during my phone call.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:36 PM   #830
Thomkal
Head Coach

:::bows at the feet of Silver Streak::: Cometflash is not worthy! Cometflash is not worthy!

Silver Streak put on an awe inducing performance today jumping into groups and killing most of them before I could even get my debuffs up. It was incredible and I'm insanely jealous. He got Cometflash up to level 22, which meant a new power! After debating over a group helping power like mutation or a fun power I can use for soloing (and occasionally for the group), I said to hell with the group and chose whirlwind! What a wild power-I can just walk up to a group and continously send them flying as long as they stay in the radius. And I can use my other powers with 'wind up. Too bad its such an endurance hog.

Thanks again, SS.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:55 PM   #831
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Hangfire is still a Level 20 Fire/Device Blaster

Plan to ride him as long as I can, once they weaken smoke grenade he'll be less inclined to hop into the fray of battle, but I'm optimistic that with the group I can at least get him into the mid-twenties before that occurs.

He'll really shine once he gets stamina, because he really burns up (couldn't resist) his endurance though I have noticed that when I stick to fireball and blaze, I can spend multiple times attacking without excess endurance burn.

I really think he'll shine when I get firebreath six slotted, at least till I can get inferno.

I really have to thank Don the Baptist, Silver Streak (he's a silver streak, silver streak, he's so freaky now), Project Virus and Albino Claw for really helping me out. Of course, I love it when I can join in with the group.

I just like feeling useful again. I think Smoke Grenade really helps the group, but I will refrain from using it, if the group feels that it dulls down the excitement factor. I really should try to limit it to big groups, and bosses (it seems to help against Consigs and Underbosses and their holds).
Old 08-24-2004, 09:46 AM   #832
Bonegavel

Damn, everything was going smashingly (nyuck nyuck) last night until I got the bright idea to take on a 29th level Totem and his 3 storm shaman brothers. Apologies to everyone that perished in that whiff-fest of a battle. Silver Streak's mighty electricity was sorely missed in that epic struggle.

Was good to see long time MIA members Aucoin and Don making a tues/thurs appearance. I think Aucoin dinged a level and don is about 20k out from level 26.

It was easy to see how the game is "broken" at these higher levels in regards to groups. In order to die now, you have to do some pretty insane things. In earlier levels you would die from just about any potential match-up. Now, if you have even a mediocre group, you can earn tons of xp per hour and only have problems if your controller or blaster goes afk.

It seems the true fun now is to have 2-4 members at most and try going after as high a level as you can. They have some balancing issues to address. It is a tough issue to address since they want the same environment to sustain soloists and small/large groups. Seems if you change the dynamic for one, you break the other.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:45 PM   #833
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Dinged tonight to level 29. I'll be on later. I really enjoyed doing the missions on Tuesday night (although that hunt for the glowy thing sucked).
Old 08-26-2004, 07:07 PM   #834
gi
College Prospect

Because of the length of this thread, I made a new CoH thread here:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/for...ad.php?t=29605