Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-27-2005, 10:14 PM   #801
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Swaggs (or anyone else), any ideas on why Hoops was acting like an X-COM on day 2, since it looks as though he was converted on night 1? Is there a lag in the conversion process?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:18 PM   #802
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm honestly not sure.

It could've been an act or it could have been a lag period.

I suppose if there is a lag period, you can scratch the list of five humans. But, as long as we get Neon Chaos and Raiders Army next, we will be in as good of position as we could hope for.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:18 PM   #803
kingfc22
Head Coach

I know many of you humans think I am an alien and my actions today would easily steer you down that path. It was not until late today that I figured out my scanner was broken. I was under the assumption that my scanner was seeking the converted member and that is why I kept saying hoopsguy was clean. Clearly I was wrong. My scanner was looking for the converter, not the convertee. At the start of the day, I was going to go after Raiders and then my scanner malfunction happened and all heck broke loose.

Neon and Raiders both voted for CW and Fouts and they are the top 2 guys on my list.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:58 PM   #804
Fouts
College Starter

Swaggs, well played. I am forever in your debt. I'm not sure why you didn't kill the converter, but I guess you knew for sure on Hoops.

Qwik, what can I say? I figured you for our side, but you might have been converted.

Mr. Wednesday, you need to get one right. Hopefully tomorrow.

My list still stands. Neon is the converter and he needs to die or they will convert someone tomorrow night. This is crunch time.

One of these 3 were converted - King, Qwik, Mr. Wednesday. I figured King because he vehemently backed hoops and raiders.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:06 PM   #805
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I need to get one right assuming I survive the night. Considering my track record so far, I think my chances are pretty good. :o

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 07-27-2005, 11:06 PM   #806
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, I did vote for Neon_Chaos over CW.

Old 07-27-2005, 11:25 PM   #807
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Swaggs, well played. I am forever in your debt. I'm not sure why you didn't kill the converter, but I guess you knew for sure on Hoops.

I had planned to make sure that Neon Chaos died, either, hopefully, by the vote or by over-riding the computer, if necessary. I may have made a mistake by picking hoopsguy at the last minute, but the comments leading up to the 8:00 deadline really started to rattle my confidence in my sources.

In the end, I decided to go with what I knew for sure. Now I feel certain that there are a few people I can trust.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:28 PM   #808
Swaggs
Coordinator

Fouts, you don't have any insight on who else was converted do you?

Just in case...
Old 07-27-2005, 11:30 PM   #809
Fouts
College Starter

No. Once I outed myself, I was cut off from their communications. I wish I knew who the last guy was, but I don't. I do know for 100% positive that Neon is the converter. He has almost been killed like 3 times, but some of the humans keep saving him. I really don't understand it.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:55 AM   #810
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

kingfc22, Mr. Wednesday, I know it may not seem much. But I do think you're both human. I don't know about Qwikshot, despite him saving me... he's been acting wierd lately. RA, I'm almost positive might be an alien.

Swaggs, think what you want of me. I'm sure Fouts is loving this right now.

I know I'm not dying tonight because I'm going to be reserved for the killing tommorow.

Reading back a bit. I think Blade6119 let something slip when he said that hoopsguy almost fingered out two of "Them" on day 1. If I remember correctly, there were 4 "Blade's Friends" that hoopsguy was pointing out, Blade, Qwikshot, Mr.Wednesday, and you Fouts. And after Mr Wednesday voted not to hang me, he's clean in my books.

If I interpret this correctly, I'm thinking that you're not the alien slave you say you are, but a full-blooded alien.

But then again, we're not going to find that out now are we?
Old 07-28-2005, 01:27 AM   #811
Vince
Pro Starter

Swaggs, you rock. I kind of wish people had legitimized my Neon claims, but this is just as good.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 05:39 AM   #812
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Alrighty then. I guess I look really bad here. Oh well. Nothing I can do about it. In past games, I've said actions speak louder than words, and I guess ironically, those words come back to haunt me.

My actions may have seemed confusing, but that's because I am:

1. Confused
2. Paranoid

I don't have anything in my defense, so what happens, happens. I'm not throwing in the towel yet. I am still human after all.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:48 AM   #813
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The night passes..

Sleep comes hard for you.. but eventually you DO fall asleep.. and in the Morning, there's only 10 of you left.

KingFC22 was ambushed during the night, and lies half in and half out of his bed, with a smoking plasma hole in between his ears.

The computer has rebooted, and updates its ectoplasmic count as you all come out.

THREE
Old 07-28-2005, 07:49 AM   #814
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The Departed List.

Schmidty (Day 1: Group)
Blade6119 (Day 2: Group)
Peregrine (Night 2: Alien Front)
Coffee Warlord (Day 3: Group)
hoopsguy (Day 4: Blasted by Computer Override (Swaggs)
KingFC22 (Night 4: Alien Front)

It is Day 5. Votes are due by 8 PM. Night 4 information now is in play.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 07-28-2005 at 07:49 AM.
SirFozzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 08:02 AM   #815
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

This seems like a nicely run game. Nice work Fozzie.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 08:06 AM   #816
JeeberD
General Manager

Excellent works, Swaggs...

So we're going after Neon today, right?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 08:09 AM   #817
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
This seems like a nicely run game. Nice work Fozzie.

Trust me, it's lots of fun, but it's also lots of work. I think this one is the most complicated WW game yet (except for Peregrine's next one) and I'm just glad we haven't had MORE bobbles
Old 07-28-2005, 08:49 AM   #818
digamma
Torchbearer

So, we're at 6-3 now.

Today is still vital to our chances.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:32 AM   #819
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I know I'm gone today, you guys have made up your minds. Sticking with my vote yesterday.

Vote Fouts
Old 07-28-2005, 10:50 AM   #820
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'm leaning against Fouts now...I've been going down the wrong path. Checking hoops room didn't reveal any new details, so I'm guessing he wasn't the boss.

Last edited by Qwikshot : 07-28-2005 at 10:50 AM.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 11:07 AM   #821
JeeberD
General Manager

I see no reason to change my vote from yesterday.

Vote Neon Chaos

Old 07-28-2005, 11:35 AM   #822
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

The most obvious thing to assume, right now, would be that the aliens united behind Fouts to protect Neon_Chaos; if you presume that Neon_Chaos is the Chryssalid, the votes would work out exactly right with Qwikshot being the conversion in Night 3. The only question, then, would be why make our job easier by blowing up kingfc22? As confused as he was, he would have been a suspect today. That's two alien killings that don't make a whole lot of sense to me.

The worst case scenario for us is that they managed to get us voting for two humans, in which case they would have been able to split their vote without it becoming obvious.

Old 07-28-2005, 11:40 AM   #823
digamma
Torchbearer

I'm fully prepared for some sort of mind job here.

Sorting back through things, here's what we have:

Confirmed Roles
Swaggs--computer hacker
digamma--PSI-Amp operator
Qwikshot--Jack of All Trades (some speculation about conversion)

Unconfirmed Roles
Fouts--Spy. Has credibility because of his battle against hoopsguy.
Neon--alien converter. No real defense. Voted against Fouts and with hoopsguy.

Info known about these players:
RaidersArmy--began his life as a human. After a trip to the doctor as a youth, he emerged not quite human. He hates his own skin.
JeeberD--Not much known about him. Votes with digamma and Swaggs. Thought to be a good guy.
Vince--Thought to be a good guy.
Mr. Wednesday--Here's where it gets interesting. Wednesday voted with hoopsguy yesterday. Unfair as it may be, Wednesday may also be implicated by the Blade/hoopsguy back and forth yesterday. Alien?

At the end of the day yesterday, I was pretty convinced kingfc was a bad guy. I was wrong.

We know there are three of them out there. Neon seems the most obvious target. We also know something isn't right with RaidersArmy. My third guess, at this point, would seem to be Wednesday.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:41 AM   #824
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

The score right now is 7 - 3. If we make a mistake and they convert another, there will be absolutely no room for error. I think, though, that we'll have a pretty good idea of who's who at that point.

Vote Neon_Chaos

Old 07-28-2005, 11:42 AM   #825
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

digamma, I voted with hoopsguy because I couldn't square his actions on Day 2 with being alien. I was wrong, now I don't have any idea why he acted as he did in fingering Blade.

Last edited by Mr. Wednesday : 07-28-2005 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:48 AM   #826
JeeberD
General Manager

Might not the aliens have killed king just to make it look like those voting for Fouts aren't aliens? Basically they killed someone that they knew was human yet we weren't sure about to try and make themselves look innocent...

Old 07-28-2005, 11:48 AM   #827
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Breaking down what I know on the factions of yesterday's vote:

Fouts:
Mr. Wedensday (human)
kingfc22 (human)
hoopsguy (convert)
Neon_Chaos (accused by Fouts)
Raiders Army (accused by Digamma)
Qwikshot (human into Night 3, jack-of-all-trades, ? since)

Neon_Chaos:
JeeberD
Swaggs (human, computer operator)
Digamma
Fouts
Vince

Old 07-28-2005, 11:53 AM   #828
Swaggs
Coordinator

Kingfc22 was a human agent and had a protective role. He very likely died protecting one of us.

Plasma shot as the cause of death makes me a little nervous.

Vince, can the aliens use weapons?
Old 07-28-2005, 11:55 AM   #829
JeeberD
General Manager

I'm pretty sure (from reading GB's dynasty) that the aliens use plasma rays. In fact, that's how we X-Com folks wound up with the technology...we stole it from them.

Old 07-28-2005, 01:08 PM   #830
kingfc22
Head Coach

Old 07-28-2005, 01:19 PM   #831
Raiders Army
Coordinator

kingfc22 dying makes no sense. If Neon and I are aliens, why would we try to take out someone who voted with us? I am still not convinced of Fouts and digamma's innocence. I'm not sure about Neon, but right now I know what I am, and it seems as if Swaggs is on the level since he killed an alien and there supposedly wasn't a conversion last night. I'll vote with whomever Swaggs votes for.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:46 PM   #832
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
kingfc22 dying makes no sense. If Neon and I are aliens, why would we try to take out someone who voted with us? I am still not convinced of Fouts and digamma's innocence. I'm not sure about Neon, but right now I know what I am, and it seems as if Swaggs is on the level since he killed an alien and there supposedly wasn't a conversion last night. I'll vote with whomever Swaggs votes for.

I believe kingfc22 was protecting one of us from the aliens last night. He either died instead of one of us or was identified by the aliens as someone that could help us, so he was killed.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:51 PM   #833
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Ah, that makes sense.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:54 PM   #834
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
The night passes..

Sleep comes hard for you.. but eventually you DO fall asleep.. and in the Morning, there's only 10 of you left.

KingFC22 was ambushed during the night, and lies half in and half out of his bed, with a smoking plasma hole in between his ears.

The computer has rebooted, and updates its ectoplasmic count as you all come out.

THREE
He was killed in his bed, so was he protecting someone and he got killed? The other thing that's weird is that how would the aliens know he's a guard?
Old 07-28-2005, 01:59 PM   #835
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
He was killed in his bed, so was he protecting someone and he got killed? The other thing that's weird is that how would the aliens know he's a guard?

I don't have all the answers. You said that you picked up Coffee Warlord's ecto level on your scanner a few days. What else do you know?
Old 07-28-2005, 02:02 PM   #836
digamma
Torchbearer

And, will you finally explain your doctor's visit?
Old 07-28-2005, 02:02 PM   #837
Raiders Army
Coordinator

That's about it. I know Fouts and digamma were talking in a strange language. Other than that, I chose to sneak into Jeeb's room last night, and he was snoring.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:04 PM   #838
digamma
Torchbearer

Again, to my knowledge, I haven't had any nighttime conversations with Fouts.

I want to believe you are good, RA, because I know you've vowed revenge on those who made you what you are.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:05 PM   #839
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
Again, to my knowledge, I haven't had any nighttime conversations with Fouts.

I want to believe you are good, RA, because I know you've vowed revenge on those who made you what you are.

This sounds interesting...
Old 07-28-2005, 02:06 PM   #840
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Other than that, I chose to sneak into Jeeb's room last night, and he was snoring.

I was wondering why my posterior was sore this morning...

Old 07-28-2005, 02:09 PM   #841
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
And, will you finally explain your doctor's visit?
Since it looks like I'm going either tonight or tomorrow, I might as well not hold back then:

In a nutshell, my father was a separatist. He was an alien supporter and took me to a doctor and my blood was tainted. Now, if I'm targeted and die, I can kill somebody (human or alien) that night due to my tainted blood (sort of an eye for an eye thing). The problem is that whomever I kill, I won't be sure if they're an alien or not. I'm pretty sure Fouts is an alien and may be a double spy. I'm somewhat inclined to believe at least part of his story that he was a slave to the aliens (the part I'm not inclined to believe is that I'm an alien).
Old 07-28-2005, 02:10 PM   #842
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
I was wondering why my posterior was sore this morning...
Just call me the Ether Bunny!
Old 07-28-2005, 02:11 PM   #843
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Since it looks like I'm going either tonight or tomorrow, I might as well not hold back then:

In a nutshell, my father was a separatist. He was an alien supporter and took me to a doctor and my blood was tainted. Now, if I'm targeted and die, I can kill somebody (human or alien) that night due to my tainted blood (sort of an eye for an eye thing). The problem is that whomever I kill, I won't be sure if they're an alien or not. I'm pretty sure Fouts is an alien and may be a double spy. I'm somewhat inclined to believe at least part of his story that he was a slave to the aliens (the part I'm not inclined to believe is that I'm an alien).
Oh, and BTW, this sounds like a pretty shitty power to have since I have to actually die to use it...I guess that's why I was given the opportunity to check others out and scan one time. I should've held back on the scan until later in the game (especially since it cost CW his life), but I can't undo it.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:15 PM   #844
Vince
Pro Starter

Jeebs has it correct Swaggs -- plasma weaponry is what the aliens brought to earth, and we 'stole' it from them.

As for my vote, I need no indication today...same vote I've had for three days now.

I vote Neon_Chaos.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 02:17 PM   #845
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
After thinking about this, it would be a good strategy for the aliens to do this to us. Here's the scenario:

They're down 7-3. Take out one of the supporters of Neon and then we're only up 6-3. They have us vote out Neon, 5-3. They convert another tonight and it's 4-4...game over. I'm thinking Neon's the patsy in this and the easiest target of opportunity. The only problem that I have is who do I point my gun at? Fouts? The stronger I go against him, the less sure I am that he's a bad guy.

Swaggs is safe in my mind. He's the only one?
Old 07-28-2005, 02:18 PM   #846
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Jeebs has it correct Swaggs -- plasma weaponry is what the aliens brought to earth, and we 'stole' it from them.

As for my vote, I need no indication today...same vote I've had for three days now.

I vote Neon_Chaos.
Same vote for three days? Can you give us your reasons again? Again, I'm trying to figure out the evil troika.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:24 PM   #847
Swaggs
Coordinator

What more evidence do you possibly need against Neon Chaos.

He was one of the three identified as the possible converter by Qwikshot. The other two died (Peregrine and Blade) and he was the third. There has been a conversion since.

Coffee Warlord tried to convince us to kill him before we lynched him. Afterwards, he tried to shoot him.

Fouts named him. He was correct in naming hoopsguy as the converted.

While I'm at it... I Vote Neon Chaos.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:09 PM   #848
Fouts
College Starter

Looks like we are finally gonna do it. I was sure we were done for. Goodbye alien converter!

I vote Neon_Chaos
Old 07-28-2005, 03:16 PM   #849
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
I'm leaning against Fouts now...I've been going down the wrong path. Checking hoops room didn't reveal any new details, so I'm guessing he wasn't the boss.

I thought King might have been the converted, but now I can see I was wrong. Why would they kill King? To show me as being able to get it wrong? Qwik, you would have done better to vote for Neon right away. Now you are suspected of being converted.

It actually makes sense that they would convert you. It would be too risky to leave you with that ability. You could have become the bodyguard, if I read the role correctly.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:21 PM   #850
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Vote Neon_Chaos