Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-29-2006, 04:40 PM   #801
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

But, I'd assume that future Hiro had the blowing up of NY in his past... which is why he went back to warn Peter in the first place.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:38 PM   #802
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
But, I'd assume that future Hiro had the blowing up of NY in his past... which is why he went back to warn Peter in the first place.

That Hiro is the "present" Hiro. That is a future Hiro who warned Peter (no glasses, little hair below his lip, ninja, etc.). The present Hiro is much more limited in his power.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:07 AM   #803
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

If a hero dies next week... my money is on "Don't Tell Me What To Do" Girl... Sylar probably kills her when she tries to get him to do something in the HRG Team HQ.
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:31 AM   #804
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Canadian View Post
If a hero dies next week... my money is on "Don't Tell Me What To Do" Girl... Sylar probably kills her when she tries to get him to do something in the HRG Team HQ.

that would be my vote as well
Old 11-30-2006, 02:22 PM   #805
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
I don't think so, she would be the key piece in making Mohinder's story even remotely interesting.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:56 PM   #806
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7 View Post
I don't think so, she would be the key piece in making Mohinder's story even remotely interesting.

I see Mohinder as the Dr. Xavier character, so I don't think a conflict with "Don't Tell Me What To Do Girl" is necessary. That being said right now Mohinder's story line is uninteresting to me so far, but as with a lot of the mini-storylines in Heroes they've done a good job of making seemingly uninteresting characters interesting.

I didn't like the Nikki/Jessica character, but this week's episode has made me a lot more interested in her/them. At first I didn't really like the cop character either, but now I find him very interesting.
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 11-30-2006, 09:10 PM   #807
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
At first I didn't really like the cop character either, but now I find him very interesting.
Did you actually learn anything new about him in the last episode? Other then his contact with bad-actress there was nothing new there.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:40 PM   #808
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Did you actually learn anything new about him in the last episode? Other then his contact with bad-actress there was nothing new there.

And we learned that he's very dyslexic and had a good relationship with his wife up until recently.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:06 PM   #809
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I thought that the aftermath of the exam towards the end might be planting the seeds of her affair. At this point, she had some sort of idealized vision of who he was, and he was refusing to live up to it.

One modest plot hole... we see that he is reading her thoughts, even then, but he doesn't start trying to play up to that until he suddenly has an epiphany six months later?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:22 PM   #810
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post

One modest plot hole... we see that he is reading her thoughts, even then, but he doesn't start trying to play up to that until he suddenly has an epiphany six months later?

His power was very weak and inconsistent 6 months ago, like many of the heroes.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:34 PM   #811
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
His power was very weak and inconsistent 6 months ago, like many of the heroes.

Yeah.. I'm not convinced he even realized at the time that it was a thought.. it was so fleeting and he wasn't facing her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:17 AM   #812
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I really hope there's no switcheroo and DL bites it, his character is paper thin and the actor is sub-par. I liked that Nikki/Jessica storyline much more before he became involved. Take the kid out with him and I'd be even happier.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 06:25 AM   #813
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche View Post
And we learned that he's very dyslexic and had a good relationship with his wife up until recently.
I thought the dyslexic was obvious in previous episodes where he failed the test and the FBI got him a verbal exam and he was all excited about it.

And we knew that the cheating occurred in the last 6 months so the thought of them having a good relationship before then was nothing new to me either.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:57 AM   #814
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I really hope there's no switcheroo and DL bites it, his character is paper thin and the actor is sub-par. I liked that Nikki/Jessica storyline much more before he became involved. Take the kid out with him and I'd be even happier.

I'd be even happier if the gun backfired and killed Nikki/Jessica.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:50 AM   #815
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:

We learned somethings, but I wasn't talking about this week's episode on it's own. I didn't like the character the first few episodes he was in, now I do... the change for me has occurred over the season, not just this week.
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 12-01-2006, 10:52 AM   #816
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd View Post
I still would like to know how Sylar "gets" the powers. So he starts out by murdering people who are just realizing their powers. I understand that he can fix things and/or find out how they work, but after that, I'm lost.

Does he perform brain surgery on himself? My only other thought is that he steals the brain and somehow figures out the DNA Fluid (bear with me as I have no idea about science), and extracts it from the "Hero Victim" and injects it into his own brain? Or does he just open up the skull, take a syringe and take the fluid from the brain and disappear to some lair to inject into himself after studying it and gain that power immediately? In previous episodes, did they mention if the brain was still at the scene of the crime or was it actually stolen as well?

So Sylar is sort of doing the Highlander thing, there can only be one! And as he kills them he gains their power.
If you remember early in the episode, Suresh told Sylar that there was some old belief that a person's soul was stored in their brain and something about consuming it. I think that's what may have given Sylar the idea of pulling the brain out and (I'm guessing) he consumes the brain in some manner to get "their soul" and therefore have their powers.

Also, as an aside, did anyone pick up on the "Great Scott" comment by Hiro after he went back too far in his first attempt to save the girl? Looked like a little subtle "Back to the Future" humor, but maybe I was reading too much into it. At any rate, I had a little chuckle at the line.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:55 AM   #817
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

He actually "Greato Scott"ed after he tried to call Ando and got himself. Kind of the paradoxes that they were always warning in the Back to the Future movies (Marty couldn't meet up with his future self, etc).
Old 12-01-2006, 10:59 AM   #818
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
He actually "Greato Scott"ed after he tried to call Ando and got himself. Kind of the paradoxes that they were always warning in the Back to the Future movies (Marty couldn't meet up with his future self, etc).
Ah, even better then. I just remember laughing at it and hoping I wasn't the only poor sap that enjoy the reference.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:25 AM   #819
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Ah, even better then. I just remember laughing at it and hoping I wasn't the only poor sap that enjoy the reference.

Even my fiancee who is VERY bad at picking up on that stuff did, so I'm thinking it was definitely intentional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:02 PM   #820
Easy Mac

oh shit!
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:02 PM   #821
Izulde
Head Coach

A great episode, but a sad, sad result for my own personal viewing pleasure.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:11 PM   #822
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

This was the first episode where the Nikki/Jessica storyline started to annoy me. The main one is so damn good, why cut away from it?

Another great episode though.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:19 PM   #823
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm pretty much in the same vein of starting to really dislike the Jessiki/Nissica storyline. It was cool at first, but it's losing its pizzazz for me.

Was it just me or did anyone else half-expect Peter and Claire to start making out in jail?

Old 12-04-2006, 09:25 PM   #824
Easy Mac

i was hoping someone would jump her... i mean, no, thats statutory. Its nice to see the Parkman story leading to something.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:43 PM   #825
TRO
College Prospect

I'm having a hard time trying to conceptualize any way that the Vegas family fits in at this point. There is potential there but it just doesn't fit with what is making the show work.

I am disappointed that Eden killed herself since she has gotten interesting recently. Nice to see that Sylar shouldn't be picking up that power though.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:49 PM   #826
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRO View Post
I'm having a hard time trying to conceptualize any way that the Vegas family fits in at this point. There is potential there but it just doesn't fit with what is making the show work.

I am disappointed that Eden killed herself since she has gotten interesting recently. Nice to see that Sylar shouldn't be picking up that power though.

Eden was my fave or second-fave char (after the Hiro/Ando duo). I know a lot of people here hated her, but I liked her.

Old 12-04-2006, 09:56 PM   #827
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Great episode. While I came to like the Eden character, the actress still annoyed me, so it was great from that standpoint to see her go. I also liked the self-sacrifice that *might* prevent Sylar from getting that power.

I thought the Peter-Matt mind-reading incident was awesome. Also, I'm wondering if their powers cost them their health. Using Claire's healing power seems to have been very draining on Peter, or perhaps it was being dead that is draining. Either way, he really looked terribly sick through most of the episode. Also, Matt developing that nosebleed makes me think there is a physical price for using their powers or at least pushing them too far.

Loved the ending. Can't wait for new episodes in January.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:56 PM   #828
Coop
High School JV

I was actually starting to like her.. I think HRG might be my favorite character; mind wiping his son and his wife( a couple of times apparently). Nathan seemed to be acting odd during Peter's dream sequence. maybe he takes peter and flys away?

Quote:
Using Claire's healing power seems to have been very draining on Peter, or perhaps it was being dead that is draining

I think absorbing a lot of powers might be making him sick. He was around Sylar, Claire, Matt, and the Haitan(maybe). Maybe having a lot of powers can be too much for his body?

Last edited by Coop : 12-04-2006 at 09:59 PM.
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:10 PM   #829
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
I was actually starting to like her.. I think HRG might be my favorite character; mind wiping his son and his wife( a couple of times apparently). Nathan seemed to be acting odd during Peter's dream sequence. maybe he takes peter and flys away?

I think absorbing a lot of powers might be making him sick. He was around Sylar, Claire, Matt, and the Haitan(maybe). Maybe having a lot of powers can be too much for his body?

Agree here. I look at his power like a battery. He can be charged with a power for a temporary amount of time, but when he absorbs too many at once, it's dangerous for his health.

That being said, I think that his "dream" is very telling in this as well. He's around all of the specials and they lead to an overload of sorts...making him explode with their powers. Add in the nuclear guy and boom. Peter is a bomb.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:12 PM   #830
Izulde
Head Coach

My favourite line from this episode btw:

"We like to keep it in the canine family."

Old 12-04-2006, 11:29 PM   #831
Swaggs
Coordinator

Any theories on the root of the Peter-explosion? I'm thinking too many powers combined, but that is probably too obvious of an answer.

Anyways, I liked the episode, but I'm hoping the cast comes together soon. I like (liked) the Mohinder storyline, but he has kind of gotten the shaft of late (although it looks like he might be in on all of the list stuff) and the artist and Peter have been shut out quite a bit lately, too.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:39 PM   #832
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Wow... just wow.

It appears that in a number of instances we get the storyline that our heroes need to learn how to control and use their powers. Peter, if he can't selectively turn it on and off, will die. Matt is already causing himself harm (headaches, nosebleeds, etc).

Also TV Guide had a little feature on their site (with some spoilers) which talked about the next hero to be joining in... and I like his powers .

Oh, and I also loved that the Haitian has his OWN seperate agenda. Horn rimmed glasses guy won't be happy that Claire still knows about her powers, but she can keep a secret, right?

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 12-04-2006 at 11:45 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:41 PM   #833
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Any theories on the root of the Peter-explosion? I'm thinking too many powers combined, but that is probably too obvious of an answer.

I'm thinking he gets too close to Sprague... absorbs his power for some reason (to fight the escaped Syler?) but Nathan causes him to go into fits of anger, letting loose on the control of his own power and tapping into Sprague's radioactive bomb cocktail.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:03 AM   #834
kingfc22
Head Coach

Okay, that episdoe just kicked so much ass. I really hope that 24 and Heroes don't go head-to-head.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:05 AM   #835
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Also TV Guide had a little feature on their site (with some spoilers) which talked about the next hero to be joining in... and I like his powers .

Good stuff about the new guy - I like that particular actor as well.

I liked tonight's episode a lot. Interesting how while it seems obvious what happened, they've refrained from showing anything of Eden, and all the shots of Sylar are that he's hurt. Open question: Why was she (apparently?) affected by the no-power room, but he wasn't?
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:07 AM   #836
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval View Post
Good stuff about the new guy - I like that particular actor as well.

I liked tonight's episode a lot. Interesting how while it seems obvious what happened, they've refrained from showing anything of Eden, and all the shots of Sylar are that he's hurt. Open question: Why was she (apparently?) affected by the no-power room, but he wasn't?

I don't think she was. She brought a gun (metal object) into the room and he was able to break the glass with it when he tk'd her. Everything HRG brought into the room was plastic IIRC.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:10 AM   #837
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval View Post

If you noticed that instead of typing in the 'code' on the door that the HRG always did, Eden did not. I'm thinking that 'code' neutralized the powers, which Eden did not want to do because she wanted to use her own powers.

And it wasn't that she was affected by the room, rather than the fact that Sylar was unaffected by Eden's power.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:13 AM   #838
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Okay, that episdoe just kicked so much ass. I really hope that 24 and Heroes don't go head-to-head.

You and I both!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:16 AM   #839
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't think she was. She brought a gun (metal object) into the room and he was able to break the glass with it when he tk'd her. Everything HRG brought into the room was plastic IIRC.

Syler isn't Magneto! He has the power of telekinesis (which he was shown stealing in the "Six Months Ago" ep), whether it was metal or plastic makes no difference.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:34 AM   #840
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Syler isn't Magneto! He has the power of telekinesis (which he was shown stealing in the "Six Months Ago" ep), whether it was metal or plastic makes no difference.

No. What I meant was that he could not tk the plastic object through the glass and free himself, but once Eden brought in the gun he was able to use that to break the glass.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:37 AM   #841
Coop
High School JV

Quote:

I hate to bring you bad news, but NBC isnt changing the timeslot.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:22 AM   #842
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

So Peter has a mimic ability and has precognition?

It couldn't be residual power from Isaac because in the 6 months episode he knew what happened to Nathan and his wife.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:27 AM   #843
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
If you noticed that instead of typing in the 'code' on the door that the HRG always did, Eden did not. I'm thinking that 'code' neutralized the powers, which Eden did not want to do because she wanted to use her own powers.

And it wasn't that she was affected by the room, rather than the fact that Sylar was unaffected by Eden's power.

I think she did press a code. IIRC, when she was talking to Mohinder, you could hear the dialing of the code on the phone then they panned back to her hand on the touch pad just finishing entering the code.

Whether the item is plastic or metal, that is another question. So if HRG was only bringing in plastic items, is that to assume Sylar also has some "Magneto" like abilities? I think the Haitian was near the room and the code had nothing to do with "Depowerizing" the room. It was just to keep an ordinary person out.

Ok, after reading what I wrote, it made me think. So wouldn't the Haitian guy have to be there 24-7 so sylar doesn't use his power? Oh I am so confused.....
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:11 AM   #844
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

i immediately thought it was gonna be a result of Peter coming into contact w/ the nuclear guy's power. why he blows up is beyond me, but i don't think it was a result of being overloaded w/ other people's powers. Sylar has the powers of other people and he isn't overloaded.

Last edited by Anthony : 12-05-2006 at 07:15 AM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:21 AM   #845
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
i immediately thought it was gonna be a result of Peter coming into contact w/ the nuclear guy's power. why he blows up is beyond me, but i don't think it was a result of being overloaded w/ other people's powers. Sylar has the powers of other people and he isn't overloaded.

That was my first thought too, that he somehow came in contact with the nuclear dude, absorbed some of his power and just simply cannot control it...

FM
Old 12-05-2006, 07:27 AM   #846
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd View Post
I think she did press a code. IIRC, when she was talking to Mohinder, you could hear the dialing of the code on the phone then they panned back to her hand on the touch pad just finishing entering the code.

It didn't seem like she entered the code at all... the light on the keypad was still red instead of green. Like said before, if Sylar is prevented from using his powers, there must be something there inhibiting him. Or else, as said, the Haitian has be there 24/7 to make sure he doesn't get out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
No. What I meant was that he could not tk the plastic object through the glass and free himself, but once Eden brought in the gun he was able to use that to break the glass.

Why not? And obviously his telekinesis isn't just limited to "things", but people as well... otherwise Eden wouldn't have come through the glass along with the gun (you'd assume she'd have to let go with such a force on the gun). Also I don't see why he couldn't use his plastic food tray to break through the glass either (with enough speed).
Old 12-05-2006, 07:36 AM   #847
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I'm glad they finally covered the two ways to interpret "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World". (I'm partial to the save the cheerleader then save the world myself.)

I don't like the Nikki / Jessica character too much, but I have to say that Ali Lerter does a tremendous job with it. Even just basic facial expressions are different for the two characters. Top notch stuff.

Meanwhile, the FBI chick is just awful. Clea Duvall does nothing to help what is a poorly written character. Her scenes make me cringe.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:37 AM   #848
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
That was my first thought too, that he somehow came in contact with the nuclear dude, absorbed some of his power and just simply cannot control it...

FM

My thoughts were that when they showed Hiro going to NY in the future to Isaacs apartment, that the person laying on the floor wasn't Isaac, it was the Radioactive guy. I thought that Sylar would cut the Radioactive guys head open to get his power. And to tie it all in, if Sylar would've gotten the Cheerleaders power and the Radioactive guy, couldn't he make himself a bomb, blow up anywhere, and then regenerate from one piece of ash?

Maybe (I think someone noted this in the thread already) that Peter is looking into the future and that isn't actually him. He put his face on Sylars body so to speak and was just getting a first hand view of Sylar blowing up the city and seeing how he does it, perhaps?

I also agree that Peter probably wouldn't blow up having too many abilities. What was also interesting in the episode is that HRG specifically pointed out that there were people out there, many more like Sylar, who would want their powers. I wonder if he is alluding to the fact that his agency knows of some other "power hungry" heroes just like Sylar and that is the reason his agency exists.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:37 AM   #849
Izulde
Head Coach

I agree that it's a case of Peter absorbing radiation from Mr. Walking Nuclear Bomb guy as far as getting his "power" there. From what little I remember of Radiation Dude, what seemed to set off his power was moments of really intense emotion, which would support the Nathan making him angry theory.

What I found really fascinating, and I'm surprised I didn't think of this earlier, but the NYC dream episode really highlighted this for me are the two romantic triangles that appear to be forming. First, the Isaac-Simone-Peter triangle that was already there. Second, the Simone-Peter-Claire triangle that's being strongly hinted at.

I'm liking HRG guy more and more. His facial expressions are hilarious, especially when he's talking to Sylar.

Another point I noticed. Both Eden and the Haitian rebelled against their boss, HRG, this episode, Eden with trying to get Sylar to kill himself and the Haitian by refusing to mindwipe Claire. What's interesting is that HRG is in a dispute with his own bosses apparently who want him to keep Sylar alive, even though he wants Sylar killed to protect Claire and by extension, society as a whole. Or at least, that's what the phone call seemed to indicate.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:39 AM   #850
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
Meanwhile, the FBI chick is just awful. Clea Duvall does nothing to help what is a poorly written character. Her scenes make me cringe.

Agree 5000%. They should just put a cardboard cut out there and dub a voice in, and it would probably be more believable and entertaining. Like those Computer Associates commercials with the Cardboard salesmen.