Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #801
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Desktop Tim Tebow@DesktopTimTebow
Can someone give me advice on rolling over my 401K?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #802
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I'm stoked for this to happen for the Broncos. I get trying to trade Tebow and all, and if the Jax will overpay for him then great, but he has value and I'd hope they don't just dump him for the headache. Then again, maybe it was a condition of Peyton's that they get rid of him so he doesn't have to hear about it every time he throws an INT or the team starts losing.

You really think it's realistic that Peyton Manning is afraid of Tim Tebow in his shadow?

I find that very hard to swallow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #803
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
You really think it's realistic that Peyton Manning is afraid of Tim Tebow in his shadow?

I find that very hard to swallow.

I don't think he is afraid. I think he just doesn't want to put up with it.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #804
Ksyrup

Exactly. It's not that the Broncos would bench Peyton, it's that X% of the fans would demand it, and why should Peyton put up with that? He wants as few distractions as possible. Can you imagine him having to answer those questions after a couple of mediocre weeks?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #805
JediKooter
Coordinator

I haven't been paying attention, but, did Denver do anything about their aging defense this offseason? If not, Peyton is going to have a noodle of an arm at the end of the year.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #806
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I don't think he is afraid. I think he just doesn't want to put up with it.

Quote:
Exactly. It's not that the Broncos would bench Peyton, it's that X% of the fans would demand it, and why should Peyton put up with that? He wants as few distractions as possible. Can you imagine him having to answer those questions after a couple of mediocre weeks?

You guys have got to be joking.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 03-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #807
Ksyrup

I can already picture in my mind a perturbed Peyton answering 8 Tebow questions after a loss before anyone even gets to a question about the game. Why would you want that distraction if it wasn't necessary?

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-19-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #808
Logan
Head Coach

And if you're Peyton, you would rather the Broncos turn that useless asset (to you, the starting QB) into something substantial that could better the team, like a 2nd round pick.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #809
Ksyrup

It's all about control. No Tebow means nothing for the fans to complain about, and Peyton's in control. He's the only viable QB. If Tebow stays, the backup just took them to the playoffs. The fans have no ties/loyalty to Peyton, should things start bad.

Control is the reason I think he chose the Broncos, actually. I don't thinnk he felt like Harbaugh was willing to give up the playcalling when it came down to it.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-19-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #810
wade moore
lolzcat

Yeah, I personally think you guys are insane to think that Peyton demanded Tebow be traded because he might get some tough questions at a press conference.

That's just showing you know nothing about Peyton Manning imo.

Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #811
Ksyrup

The most value Tebow has is as a wildcat/H-back/TE. Not sure he would accept that role though. I'm sure Elway would love for him to try, have some success, and then basically tell hiim that's the career path he needs to choose. Don't be the next Eric Crouch.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #812
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
And if you're Peyton, you would rather the Broncos turn that useless asset (to you, the starting QB) into something substantial that could better the team, like a 2nd round pick.

That's a completely different argument. Sure he probably realizes it's best for the team, but that he DEMANDED it? Come on.

Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #813
Ksyrup

Quote:
Yeah, I personally think you guys are insane to think that Peyton demanded Tebow be traded because he might get some tough questions at a press conference.

I'm sorry. I'll defer to you on questions about really knowing Peyton, Cooper.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #814
Ksyrup

Quote:
That's a completely different argument. Sure he probably realizes it's best for the team, but that he DEMANDED it? Come on.

You're right, he probably didn't demand it. He probably didn't need to. The team understood it makes too much sense not to keep the QB with mystical powers who just lead your team to within two games of the SB and you named the incumbent starter as a back-up the next year.

I can't thinnk of any scenario in which you would keep him, unless you can't get anything of value for him.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #815
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

I cant see Manning making requests to get Tebow out of Denver. I am sure it is Elway and the other top guys in the Broncos org. wanting to get him out of there. They showed no sign of wanting to support Tebow and this is the perfect way to get him out of there without having to deal with it again.

I think Manning would have loved the opportunity to mentor Tebow. Probably one of the only guys in the league that might be willing to keep up with Peyton in work ethic.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 03-19-2012 at 12:14 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #816
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's all about control.

That sounds to me more like the reasoning for him to sign with Denver than anything to do with Tebow staying/going. I mean, it likely ain't the weather. And it's not the roster vs the 49ers roster either.

So either Peyton picked a place where he could essentially be the coach again or he picked the team that - when push came to shove - made the best financial offer (afaik we don't know specifically what terms anyone was offering, other than perhaps the Titans whole lifetime job thing).

Seems to me the former is more likely than the latter.

Moving Tebow is just a way for Elway & Co. to assert what little control they've got left.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 03-19-2012 at 12:17 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #817
Ksyrup

I fail to see how eliminating distractions (for himself, the coaches, his teammates, and front office) is an un-Peyton-like thing.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-19-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #818
Ksyrup

Especially when you read something like this:

Quote:
The Broncos are expected to move quickly to trade Tim Tebow as soon as the Peyton Manning signing becomes official, and they’re not going to hold out for a great offer.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reported that the Broncos aren’t confident at all that they’re going to get much of value for Tebow, who two years ago was a first-round draft pick in Denver and two months ago was a winning quarterback in a playoff game in Denver.

Isn't he worth more to the team as a back-up and specialty player than a dump to the first team that offers a bag of balls?

They want to rid themselves of a distraction. If you don't think Peyton's on board with that, you're crazy.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-19-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #819
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Especially when you read something like this:

Isn't he worth more to the team as a back-up and specialty player than a dump to the first team that offers a bag of balls?

They want to rid themselves of a distraction. If you don't think Peyton's on board with that, you're crazy.

Maybe Tebow has asked to be moved?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #820
Ksyrup

But they don't have to trade him. He's got no leverage. Other than the whole 'God will strike you down" thing.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #821
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Why is he not worth much? I don't understand that. Former 1st rounder, led an amazing playoff upset just a few months ago, thin QB market...why exactly is he worthless?
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #822
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

THEY may want to get rid of a distraction but why the hell would Peyton want him gone? Is there a quality about Tebow that Peyton would hate or something?

I can guarantee you the Peyton isnt thinking about failing and having the fans calling for Tebow. You dont become arguably the best QB in NFL history by having confidence problems.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #823
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

That's the thing - Ksyrup is not arguing it's a confidence thing. It's just going to happen no matter how Peyton performs. Why would you want to deal with that?
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #824
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
That's the thing - Ksyrup is not arguing it's a confidence thing. It's just going to happen no matter how Peyton performs. Why would you want to deal with that?

I guess I dont know the Denver fanbase all that well but it seems crazy if that is the case.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #825
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

NO! If Tebow is on the market, that means those idiots in Miami will take him.

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #826
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post

+1.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #827
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Casserlt stated something to the effect that he can't imagine Tebow going for much more than a 5th.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #828
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Casserlt stated something to the effect that he can't imagine Tebow going for much more than a 5th.

Tebow's stock being as high as it will ever be in the NFL only bringing in a 5th round pick. I guess that kind of says it all right there.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 03-19-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:46 PM   #829
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post

Tebow to Miami makes the most sense ... from a completely senseless Miami front office point-of-view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #830
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
Tebow to Miami makes the most sense ... from a completely senseless Miami front office point-of-view.

I can picture Ireland and Ross slipping all over their own jizm on their bathroom floors after hearing Tebow is now available.
Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #831
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

Hang on a second. I never said he demanded that Tebow be traded. I just said he doesn't want to put up with the circus that surrounds Tebow.

The Broncos for their own sake need to trade Tebow so that they don't have to put up with all of the BS.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #832
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
I can picture Ireland and Ross slipping all over their own jizm on their bathroom floors after hearing Tebow is now available.

so... you like to imagine middle aged men naked in bathroom stalls
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #833
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
so... you like to imagine middle aged men naked in bathroom stalls

No, their own bathrooms.
Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #834
mckerney
Coordinator

I was really hoping Denver would keep Tebow and move him to fullback.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #835
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Hang on a second. I never said he demanded that Tebow be traded. I just said he doesn't want to put up with the circus that surrounds Tebow.

The Broncos for their own sake need to trade Tebow so that they don't have to put up with all of the BS.

KSyrup did, which is the poster you were supporting.

Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #836
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
KSyrup did, which is the poster you were supporting.

Actually he said "maybe it was a condition..."
Old 03-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #837
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

So, here's the question now.

WTF is San Fransisco going to do for a QB?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #838
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:

Ok, fine, he speculated that it happened.

It still stands that that was the issue being debated.

Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #839
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

Isn't Brees still a free agent?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 03-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #840
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

If Smith doesn't want to sign the deal he's been offered, they'll roll with Kaepernick and likely bring in Josh Johnson as well.

I think those speculating that Smith will now hold the Niners over a barrel are very misinformed.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #841
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Isn't Brees still a free agent?

He was franchised.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #842
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
No, their own bathrooms.

Thats still......disturbing
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #843
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
If Smith doesn't want to sign the deal he's been offered, they'll roll with Kaepernick and likely bring in Josh Johnson as well.

I think those speculating that Smith will now hold the Niners over a barrel are very misinformed.

Dammit, I keep thinking Smith already signed elsewhere.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #844
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Actually the only reference to demand I found by KSyrup, unless I missed it,w as when he referred to the "X% fans" demanding Tebow to play if Manning has a bad loss.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #845
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I can't imagine Josh Johnson or Kaepernick being much worse than Alex Smith. Hand off to Gore, hand off to Gore, toss it to Davis. Plus both of those guys can run pretty well.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #846
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
He was franchised.

Totally missed that news!!

Old 03-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #847
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dola-
Colin Kaepernick is the most unlikely name for a black dude
Old 03-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #848
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
I can't imagine Josh Johnson or Kaepernick being much worse than Alex Smith. Hand off to Gore, hand off to Gore, toss it to Davis. Plus both of those guys can run pretty well.

I guess I would consider myself a supporter of Smith, but an issue is that it will be almost impossible for him to be as good as he was last year...and that performance is still well below championship quality. You have to expect his INTs to creep back up (only 5 INTs last year - hence it being pretty impossible to replicate) and when they do, the rest of his skills aren't there to make up for it.

It's why the Niners were willing to give him good money for a fairly short time frame, as they think Kaepernick will either be the long term solution or they'll need to find someone else after a couple years.

Something else I'm annoyed about is all the crap online about the Niners screwing over Smith by pursuing Manning, how the trust is broken, they're not loyal, etc. This team has stuck with Smith for SEVEN damn years, and Harbaugh went to bat for him as soon as he signed on with the team. Loyalty should go both ways.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #849
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Dola-
Colin Kaepernick is the most unlikely name for a black dude

He's black?!
Old 03-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #850
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
He's black?!

He's an adopted kid of mixed African and European descent.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote