Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-16-2008, 07:54 PM   #801
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Okay, I don't know how to add the highlights...
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:00 PM   #802
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Finally found it... How do I get it into a nice little video like you guys have.

I only uploaded one as to see if I could even do it. This play was the clincher. We read the quarterback nicely and sealed the deal.

Last edited by mauchow : 07-16-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:03 PM   #803
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

click share, and look at the bottom for the code you copy in ehre

edit: taking a quick snack break, send me a ping if you want a game here

Last edited by SirFozzie : 07-16-2008 at 08:03 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:05 PM   #804
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Done...

I've got to eat, I'll ball ina few.

Last edited by mauchow : 07-16-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:17 PM   #805
Logan
Head Coach

Rub it in, Mike...rub it in.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:22 PM   #806
wade moore
lolzcat

BigDPW and I played, but I'm confused on how to upload vidoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:26 PM   #807
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Ready in fofc

I'll wait until 8:35 to play a game with one of yous....

Last edited by mauchow : 07-16-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:31 PM   #808
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval View Post
I'm going back and forth between PS2 and Wii - once I convince my wife to let me buy both this and MLB Power Pros 2008. That may be tough to pull off.

The wii version is getting absolutely killed on IGN's reader reviews - apparently dynasty mode is shallow, the team-specific stadiums aren't, and just general "this-game-sucks" by people who don't really sound like haters.

Edit: well, some do.

So, uh, I think I'll go with PS2 if I pick it up.

http://rr.wii.ign.com/rrobj/wii/ncaa...play/14235441/

Last edited by Celeval : 07-16-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:37 PM   #809
Galaxy
Coordinator

Just played Mike in a great game (Mississippi State vs. NC). However, we fell 21-10. Opened up the game with an interception run-back. Threw an interception on the second to last play in the first half inside the 10 (I think I was inside the 10). Then, his corner picked up his second interception of the game and ran it back. Two missed field goals on my part (they were on, but wide), and I couldn't get the running game moving at all.

Last edited by Galaxy : 07-16-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:43 PM   #810
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

So I've been away from the series the past few years. Any quick tips for recruiting?
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:45 PM   #811
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

So I'm 4-0 in 4 games of my offline Kentucky dynasty. I did some rescheduling and I've defeated Louisville, Middle Tennessee St., Cincinnati, and Western Kentucky. I've dominated most games and thankfully the AI didn't punish me for my *4* INT's in the Cincy game. I won that one 28-7.

Still too many defensive TD's for my taste. And the punt coverage is still not so hot. I made some slider adjustments which has helped the kickoff coverage some (I can usually stop them by the 30 though sometimes they get to the 40 or 50).

The dynasty is going okay so far. I have a legit shot at landing the #1 overall player. He's a SS from Kentucky and highly values location. We'll see how things progress. I'm in the top 3 for most of my recruits. I went after 3-stars for 2/3 of them and 4-stars for the other 1/3. We'll see how things pan out.

I'm gonna break for a bit then try and play a game in my SEC schedule. I open at Alabama. I could seriously go 3-5 in SEC play by losing to the teams that are rated better than I am. It's a scary thing. Hopefully this offline dynasty will get me ready for my online one. I fully expect to lose to UGA, LSU, and Florida. Hopefully I can sneak out wins at Alabama and maybe maybe maybe Tennessee. Best case scenario I'm 8-4 or 9-3 (4-4 or 5-3 in the SEC). Hopefully I can make it to a new year's day bowl at least.

In the offline dynasty, it let me adjust my schedule before the season. Online leagues may want to take that into consideration when setting up their leagues. Personally, I just want to get the FCS teams off my schedule. I swapped out FCS Crap for Cincy and had a much better game than winning 68-7 vs some non-existent team.

That's my ramble
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:46 PM   #812
wade moore
lolzcat

Figured out how to upload. I'll post a couple of videos in a few.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 07-16-2008, 08:51 PM   #813
wade moore
lolzcat

Here is a short TD Run Early in the game:

And then...

1:11 left in the 4th quarter. I am up (UVA) 14-7. 4th and goal for BigDPW:

Quote:
Old 07-16-2008, 09:03 PM   #814
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
My impressions were on the PS3 version. I'm greatly enjoying the game. I've only done campus legend so far. It's difficult for a freshman QB, as it should be. I've made plenty of mistakes...some I was able to get away from, some not so much.

I'm playing it on my ViewSonic 20" LCD monitor so I can use the HD. It looks absolutely fantastic...way better than on my standard TV.

I agree, the PS 3 version already seems a lot than last year and 60 FPS make a huge difference. I will hopefully get to play a couple more games tonight....

Do we have anything going for FOFC PS3 players?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:50 PM   #815
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Just finished one up with SirF. It was a good game all the way through. I will get highlights up in a minute.

Big play here for Fozzie with all the time in the world to find someone open:

Just when things were about to get worse for us as Fozzie was driving down to score. A couple minutes still left in the game but then this happens:

The clincher, with one minute to go, 3rd and 4 we decide to do a little play action.. and it works:

While it would seem that I pulled out a lucky win, Fozzie also had a pick-six and a freak play where I for some reason decided to catch a punt in the endzone, he hits me, I fumble, he lands on it in the endzone, touchdown him. Silly but we were able to overcome.

Last edited by mauchow : 07-16-2008 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:59 PM   #816
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Aight. One more game
Old 07-16-2008, 10:26 PM   #817
Kodos
Resident Alien

I created an FOFC room if anyone wants to play. Trout is the password.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:26 PM   #818
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Just wait till you see Mike's highlight. One of his KR TD's was INSANE.

I was a good game! I just couldn't stop him. 4 yds, 7 yds, 5 yds. I also made my constant error of throwing a pick in the red zone!!

Here are a couple of highlights.

Sweet KR TD.

And another KR TD

And a Int Ret on a 2pt. Conv.

Last edited by Mike1409 : 07-16-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:32 PM   #819
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Just played Mike in a great game (Mississippi State vs. NC). However, we fell 21-10. Opened up the game with an interception run-back. Threw an interception on the second to last play in the first half inside the 10 (I think I was inside the 10). Then, his corner picked up his second interception of the game and ran it back. Two missed field goals on my part (they were on, but wide), and I couldn't get the running game moving at all.
Another good game. I struggled to figure out your plays, but I made a slight adjustment that turned the game in my favor.
Here is the INT highlight that sealed the win.

Last edited by Mike1409 : 07-16-2008 at 11:52 PM. Reason: changed settings now videos work!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:34 PM   #820
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Okay, I don't know how to add the highlights...

How do you embed them here?
Old 07-16-2008, 10:40 PM   #821
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

you have to copy and paste the WHOLE THING.. you click in the lower window and it says "Copied" just paste that whole thing into your message
Old 07-16-2008, 10:58 PM   #822
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Wow. Just had a barn-burner at Alabama (as Kentucky) on my dynasty. I won 51-48 in 3 OT's. It was a really fun and exciting game. I just wish that the passing game was actually defendable. It's almost impossible to stop...and I was just playing Alabama. I dread to think what will happen when I play LSU/Florida/Georgia.

Anyway, I iced the AI kicker as time expired in regulation. He pushed the game-winning FG wide right to force OT. Holy cow that was crazy. I won in the 3rd OT when my CB picked off Wilson's first pass. When I had the ball back, my HB ran it up the middle for 15 yards. Then I kicked a 27-yard FG to win the game.

Improve the kick coverage and the pass defense and I think NCAA 09 would be pretty sweet. I haven't had exciting games like this on a console video game in many many years. Hopefully I'm still playing it like this come November.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:06 PM   #823
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hmm. Galaxy and I just lost a connection. It was a real close game too. I was up 6-0, but he was about to kick a gimme FG.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-16-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:19 PM   #824
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I agree, the PS 3 version already seems a lot than last year and 60 FPS make a huge difference. I will hopefully get to play a couple more games tonight....

Do we have anything going for FOFC PS3 players?

If there is, that might push me to picking this up.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:24 PM   #825
Kodos
Resident Alien

Man. Things aren't going well on the technical side tonight for me and Galaxy.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:32 PM   #826
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I got a 360 and NCAA! I'm gonna be around later tonight if any night owls wanna play a game. Is there a list of all FOFC gamertags anywhere? How do we find each other?
Old 07-17-2008, 12:11 AM   #827
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Foz and I just had an epic 2OT game between Texas and Auburn. He tied it up as regulation expired. We each got a FG in the first OT, with him starting the second OT off with a TD. I almost tied it right back up on the first play, but his DB made a great play. The game ended when I threw behind the receiver on 3rd down, and he made the pick.

Earlier in the game, we each had 90+ yard passes. I had a 99 yarder where my receiver just blew by his cover man, and he got a 96 yarder where my DB tipped it, and his guy grabbed the tip and was off to the races.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:17 AM   #828
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

What a FUCKING game. Best Game of NCAA I've ever played

Texas At Auburn.

1:32 to play, Auburn up 4, 47 yard FG to try to increase the lead to seven... JUST under the bar.

Texas comes back with a couple miracle plays (Jump Ball into coverage?) and scores a 1 yard rushing TD to take the lead with :26 to play.

KO gets a good return due to a couple broken tackles, to about my own 45.

Pass over the middle gets about 20, and Auburn uses its last time out with 0:15 to play.

Next play, thrown to the receiver on the out route, sprints for the sideline, texas defender in hot pursuit..... steps out at the 25 with :09 to play.

One Long Bomb attempt to the endzone.. incomplete. :04 to play.

42 yard FG for the tie............ GOOOOOOOOOOODDD!!!! We're going to OT.

Texas gets the ball first and goes three and out, but hits their FG.

Auburn gets a first down, but a sack makes it 4th and 17 from the 17 1/2. Here comes the kicker.. this time Cartman ices my kicker to make it harder (It's on a side hash mark so it's not straight on, either).

To extend the game to a 2nd OT... GOOOOOOODDDD!

Auburn scores in four plays in 2nd ot.. Cartman steps back to throw.. picked! Game Over. Auburn Wins!
Old 07-17-2008, 12:31 AM   #829
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Hmm. Galaxy and I just lost a connection. It was a real close game too. I was up 6-0, but he was about to kick a gimme FG.

It sucked too. It kind of froze for a sec as I was inside the 5 on a 3rd down and in the middle of a run.

Last edited by Galaxy : 07-17-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:32 AM   #830
Kodos
Resident Alien

Galaxy and I had a glitch-filled night. Our first game was 6-0 when we lost connection as Galaxy set up for a gimme FG. The next game my controller stopped working and more technical problems ensued. Eventually, we did actually get to finish. Here was the highlight of the game:

Last edited by Kodos : 07-17-2008 at 12:34 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:37 AM   #831
Galaxy
Coordinator

Final was 27-13 (I tried for a two point conservation at the end). I look forward to a re-match (I would love a Michigan State vs. Indiana game-two 79 rated teams). One thing I know, I need to dump the Mississippi St. playbook.

I'm glad you we're able to understand me most of the time. Considering that my mouth is wired shut (was suppose have surgery yesterday to get them out, damn airline) and my speech difficulties, it went well. I just wanted to let you fellows know this if we talk.

I must say, this is one of the best things in gaming in a long time. The combination of this game (which is pretty solid with a few small bugs), the community, the offerings of the dynasty modes, it can't be beat.

Last edited by Galaxy : 07-17-2008 at 12:38 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:47 AM   #832
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
I got a 360 and NCAA! I'm gonna be around later tonight if any night owls wanna play a game. Is there a list of all FOFC gamertags anywhere? How do we find each other?

Check the NCAA Online dynasties forum in the Dynasties forum. At the top of the thread, you'll find the handles of 24 players at least.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:50 AM   #833
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Galaxy and I had a glitch-filled night. Our first game was 6-0 when we lost connection as Galaxy set up for a gimme FG. The next game my controller stopped working and more technical problems ensued. Eventually, we did actually get to finish. Here was the highlight of the game:

You know it was a rather boring and conservative game when the play of the game is a hit.

Last edited by Galaxy : 07-17-2008 at 12:59 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:50 AM   #834
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah, it was fun, barring the glitches. Although the game seemed to be out to screw you in our second game. Whereas in the first game, you had been pretty much dominating me except for bogging down in the red zone.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:53 AM   #835
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, it was fun, barring the glitches. Although the game seemed to be out to screw you in our second game. Whereas in the first game, you had been pretty much dominating me except for bogging down in the red zone.

Well, I missed a field goal (my weak spot, I can't get my accuracy right for whatever damn reason-I'll try another team and see if it's a kicker thing, or if I'm the Shaq of FG's) in that first game as well.

Last edited by Galaxy : 07-17-2008 at 12:53 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:30 AM   #836
WVUFAN
College Starter

If anyone's up and wants a quick game, hit me up: gamertag is eroy486

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:48 AM   #837
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I would also throw in the special teams.

Absolutely. I meant to include them in my post and forgot.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:28 AM   #838
wade moore
lolzcat

I played last night with a buddy of mine that is pretty darned good at Madden/NCAA.

He showed me just how bad the pass defense AI is. He completed every single pass with a dink-and-dunk strategy that just drove me crazy.

Quote:
Old 07-17-2008, 08:17 AM   #839
BigDPW
College Prospect

Okay I must be an idiot... I have tried to copy the embed code from my videos with no success... I can't get the actual vid to show up in my previewed post only a red X and code...

Any advice on how to get the vids to show up?

wade and I had a good game last night... I kept up my streak of lots of untimely picks too... yippee for me!
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:23 AM   #840
Kodos
Resident Alien

There's a copy button you can use (instead of manually copying the code). Have you used that?
Old 07-17-2008, 08:43 AM   #841
BigDPW
College Prospect

Yeah I tried the copy button and clicking in the box to copy... It selects all the text but then when I post it here it looks like this...

http://ll-999.ea.com/sonet-easw/2.2....color=0x006BCC" />

http://ll-999.ea.com/sonet-easw/2.2....ediaplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="height=355&width=425&file=http://videocdn.easw.easports.com/easportsworld/media2/ncaa09/197470/882A0001_4_FLV_VIDEO_zMX.flv&link=http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/28381&linkfromdisplay=true&linktarget=_top&image=http://ll-999.ea.com/sonet-easw/2.2.4.0/images/sw/videos/preview.jpg&backcolor=0x000000&frontcolor=0x006BCC&lightcolor=0x006BCC">

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/28381" target="_top">EA SPORTS World: NCAA Football 09 Video

http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/C...49Jmc9MQ==.jpg" />
Old 07-17-2008, 09:08 AM   #842
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval View Post
The wii version is getting absolutely killed on IGN's reader reviews - apparently dynasty mode is shallow, the team-specific stadiums aren't, and just general "this-game-sucks" by people who don't really sound like haters.

Edit: well, some do.

So, uh, I think I'll go with PS2 if I pick it up.

http://rr.wii.ign.com/rrobj/wii/ncaa...play/14235441/

This isn't good news. And the fact that 2 days after the release there are still ZERO reviews on gamerankings while the other versions have several. Smells of a bad game to me. I was a little optimistic after some people on the NCAA forum on operation were saying decent things about it.

New tactic, convincing the wife I need a PS3 two months after buying the Wii. This should go over well.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:42 AM   #843
Galaxy
Coordinator

I always been curious, do you see other when they zoom out (to look at the plays), change your guys, and that stuff when your at the line?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:53 AM   #844
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
New tactic, convincing the wife I need a PS3 two months after buying the Wii. This should go over well.

Threaten to withhold sex from her. That'll keep her in line.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:54 AM   #845
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
I always been curious, do you see other when they zoom out (to look at the plays), change your guys, and that stuff when your at the line?

Can you re-word this question in english?

Quote:
Old 07-17-2008, 09:57 AM   #846
Icy
Pro Starter

Interesting stuff, a guy at OPS started to test sliders, to end affirming that CPU sliders do nothing and that Human sliders affect both Human and CPU. For example, lowering Human QB accuracy, makes the CPU completion % to go down but also makes way harder for Human QB's to throw deep with accuracy. Same about rushing sliders etc.

EA rep in OPS forums passed it to their QA team and they have "almost" confirmed it:

From EA rep: "QA department thinks that the CPU Sliders just don't work at all. The HUM sliders affect both User and CPU"

Link to the original thread (7 pages long):
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...y-sliders.html

Last edited by Icy : 07-17-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:00 AM   #847
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I think he is asking if the other online player sees your play art when you take a look at it on your TV. The answer is no.

Also, several industrious people over on OS have done some good extensive testing of sliders and made an important discovery. The Human sliders at least for offense are controlling both the Human and CPU settings. The CPU offensive sliders do nothing. The developer on OS has reported that EA testers have confirmed (or nearly confirmed) this and thinks that actually none of the CPU sliders work and they are all being controlled by the human slider. However, the OS testers who I trust more believe that defensive sliders work normally on both sides.

As a result of this finding, a guy over there has produced a slider set that is getting some early very positive feedback including generating more pass rush on both sides (he has human pass blocking down to 25.) He has human QB accuracy at 40 which is lowering QB percentages some as well. I think I'll probably try an even lower QB accuracy setting.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-17-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:04 AM   #848
BigDPW
College Prospect

All of you MBBF fans should check out my parody in this thread...

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=66438

Probably not as good as some of you guys could have done but I tried... And I enjoyed it!
Old 07-17-2008, 10:07 AM   #849
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I thought it was hilarious
Old 07-17-2008, 10:10 AM   #850
Icy
Pro Starter

Hehe Eaglesfan, i beat you to it

Btw, i guess now that this has been ahppening at least for past year too, and that is why there was no way to have good sliders past year, only human ones work and affect both CPU and human.

I must admit that past year i played mainly Campus legend and noticed that HUM sliders where the ones affecting it all, but always thought it was because the Campus legend mode.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote