Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-27-2010, 08:02 PM   #801
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Gee I can't even scare the crows away. Corpses even make lousy scarecrows.

That's because you didn't have a straw hat on.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:11 PM   #802
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Game Five

Canada vs. Germany

A matchup that includes two strong attacking offenses and two not so strong defenses. The difference should be in goal as Canada is much stronger in net. It should be entertaining and produce a lot of scoring.

The first quarter does not disappoint as eeach team starts out attacking fast and furious. Neither team is able to generate a lead as they trade goals back and forth through the quarter as they each score 5 times. Afer the first it's tied 5-5.

Canada continues their pace in the second and Schmidty steps up for his team in net as he blanks Germany for the quarter while Canada added 4 more goals to take a 9-5 lead into the half.

The 3rd quarter again saw Germany unabl to stop Canada as they would put 5 more on the board while Germany would respond with 2. The game would looks to be a blowout after the 3rd with Canada up 14-7.

Germany would come out quickly in the 4th and score 4 goals in the first 6 minutes to narrow the gap to 14-11 but the German defense would again fail as Canada would score the final 3 goals of the game for the 17-11 final.

Canada 17
Germany 11
Old 02-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #803
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Game Six

Russia vs. Sweden

This matchup features a team with a strong defense but little else in Russia against a team which has no real strengths or weaknesses in Sweden.

The first quarter would be a defensive battle as Russia tries to keep the pace of the game as slow as possible. Russia would score first about midway through the quarter but Sweden would net the next two to take a 2-1 lead as the quarter comes to a close.

In the second quarter PurdueBrad would shine, but not until Russia tied it at 2, as he would score a natural hat trick to put Sweden up 5-2. Late tin the quarter Russia would score on a power play to get back to 5-2 and hen with seconds left Russia would have a fast break opportunity but J23 would come away with a highlight reel save to keep the game 5-2 heading into the half.

The third quarter would start with some rough play that would lead to Russia having back to back power plays and they would score on both to make it 5-4. Sweden would answer back near the end of the quarter with 2 of their own to have the game 7-4 Sweden going into the final quarter.

Each team would exchange goals early in the quarter to make it 8-5. Russia would try to step upthe attack late in the quarter as they pull the goallie with 2 minutes left and they would score a goal with the extra attacker to make it 8-6. After winning the faceoff they would be back on the attack and score just 10 seconds later to make it 8-7 and suddenly we have a tight game. With under 30 second left in the game PurdueBrad would scoop up a loose ball and try to make a quuck outlet pass but the pass would be intercepted and lead to a quick shot and score as Russia would tie it 8-8. The quarter would end tied and the game goes to overtime.

Early in overtime Darth Vilus would intercept a pass on his defensive end and break in on goal. He shoots.... and scores!!!! Sweden wins 9-8.

Russia 8
Sweden 9
Old 02-27-2010, 08:26 PM   #804
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Lacrosse Standings

Code:
Team W L USA 2 0 Canada 2 0 Sweden 1 1 Germany 1 2 Russia 0 3
Old 02-27-2010, 10:45 PM   #805
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Game Seven

USA vs. Russia

Team USA looks to be the better of th two on paper as they each have a strong defense, but Team USA is a little better and they each have a weak offense but Team USA is a little better. In goal Team USA has a large advantage. Russia has already been eliminated fro the medal round so this game can only affect the Tea USA seeding in the medal round.

The first wuarter is a very slow quarter. Each team goes into a defensive shell but Russia tries to break out a few times and are shut down each time by Passacaglia in net. Late in the quarter Lathum lays a crushing blow on ntndeacon which leads to a breakaway chance for Danny and e scores to put Team USA up 1-0. Neither team can find the net for the rest of the quarter and it ends 1-0 in an extremely low scoring quarter.

The second quarter does not go well for Russia as Team USA picks up their physical play which leads to many turnovers and fast break chances. They manage to score 4 times in the quarter and Russia manages to get two. At the half it is USA 5 Russia 2.

In the 3rd quarter Russia starts out with 2 power play goals on 4 chances as the refs start calling the game tightly and the US defense did not adjust to bring the game to 5-4. USA then starts firing from everywhere and put 4 into the net to go up 9-4 before Russia adds a late goal to make it 9-5 after the 3rd.

The 4th is all am USA as Russia is overwhelmed by the tight US defense. USA scores 5 times in the quarter and allows just 1 to Russia for a 14-6 final.

USA 14
Russia 6
Old 02-27-2010, 10:55 PM   #806
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Game Eight

Canada vs. Sweden

Sweden looks to improve their seed as they take on Canada as they hope to exploit the Canadian defense. Canada looks to attack and count on their goallie to be their backstop for any defensive lapses.

In the 1st quarter Sweden stuns their hosts as they score 3 goals in the first half of the wuarter to ake a 3-0 lead. The Canadians roar bask with 3 to tie the game before PurdueBrad scores with 10 second left in the quarter to give Sweden a 4-3 lead after te 1st quarter.

In the 2nd quarter Canada went on a full out attack as they were breaking on every chance they had. This led to Canada scoring 5 times in the quarter but they also gave up 3 as the game is 8-7 Canada at the half.

The 3rd quarter was another quarter wheere the Canadian defense gave them fits and saw Sweden score twice early in to go up 9-8. Canada answered with a goal to tie it 9-9 and thought they had another to take the lead but it was overturned due to a player in the crease. After the 3rd the game is tied 9-9.

Sweden found their fast break early by scoring 4 times in the first 3 minutes of the 4th to open the game up 13-9. Canada started to plug away as they scored with 10 minutes left to make it 13-10. They added a power play goal 2 minutes later to make it 13-11. With 5 minutes left they scored on a 3 on 1 to make it 13-12 and the crowd is really back in it now. With 4 minutes left Sweden would answer to make it 14-12. The Canadians pulled their goallie with around 2 minutes left and it would pay off quickly as they would score with about a minute and a half to go to make it 14-13. With the net empty and the Canadians on the attack a penalty on Sweden would put them a man down, 2 men down counting the extra attacker, with 45 second left. The Canadians would capitalize quickly as they score with 25 seconds left to tie the game 14-14, looking like overtim was in the future. The Canadians won the ensuing faceoff and quickly went on the attack ans scored with just second left, what would be the winning goal.

Canada 15
Sweden 14
Old 02-27-2010, 10:57 PM   #807
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Lacrosse Standings

Code:
Team W L USA 3 0 Canada 3 0 Sweden 1 2 Germany 1 2 Russia 0 4
Old 02-27-2010, 11:14 PM   #808
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:49 PM   #809
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

USA continues to crush, if only PB wasn't such a wanker
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:04 AM   #810
Thomkal
Head Coach

Have to say I'm conflicted on who to vote for tomorrow. There's been no verification that ntn is the fool, though I'm leaning towards that he is, and as our only seer-type left, I'd want to support him of course. The Fool is a very convenient role for a wolf to hide behind since we don't even know if its in the game or not. And he only revealed his role when it looked like he was going to be lynched.

And even if he is the Fool, we have to remember that all of his views could be wrong. Then there's the fact that the wolves left him alive when they had a clear shot on him. It was very risky for them to leave any villager with seer-like powers alive, and I'm not quite sure why they would do it really. Unless of course ntn is actually a wolf hiding behind the Fool role.

I guess one way of finding out is to lynch Pass. But even then that doesn't clear ntn if both of them are wolves. So I have no idea where my vote is going yet, but leaning towards Pass.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:12 AM   #811
Thomkal
Head Coach

Wanted to throw a theory out there-I see Team Russia is the only team to have all its members still alive. I think the wolves would like to keep the teams they are on intact as long as possible to help get any bonuses that appealed to them. So I'm thinking there's at least one wolf there.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:28 AM   #812
hoopsguy
General Manager

Thomkal, how does that compare to towns where there are one remaining player and we've seen two villagers lynched/NK'd?

I haven't looked this up yet, but it was something that I was thinking about last night.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:25 AM   #813
Thomkal
Head Coach

not sure I understand your question hoops?
Old 02-28-2010, 11:34 AM   #814
hoopsguy
General Manager

Thom, you can either approach that "wolves want all their members alive for hiding" or "wolves are spread out, so when there is a team with two dead villagers then chances > remaining person = wolf".

My inclination was to pursue the latter, but I'm interested in hearing feedback from others on these two approaches.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:02 PM   #815
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Game Nine

Germany vs. Sweden

In a game which will decide which team gets the 3rd seed and which will get the 4th seed we see Germany with a prolific offense but poor defense and questionable goallie situation against Sweden and their all-average team which has no true strength but no true weakness.

The first quarter starts out quickly for Germany as Autumn scores a natural hat trick right out of the gate in the first 5 minutes to give Germany a 3-0 lead. Sweden uses an early timeout following the 3rd goal and changes their strategy a bit. Darth Vilus comes out after the timeout and hits anything that moves. The increased aggressiveness starts to create turnovers. PurdueBrad scores on two breakaways to narrow the gap to 3-2. The aggressiveness hurts near the end of the quarter with a penalty and a German power play in which they score to go up 4-2 after the 1st quarter.

The 2nd quarter as Germany back-pedalling as Sweden scres 5 times to take a 7-4 lead. The only German goal was called off due to the player being in the crease. At the half it is Sweden 7 Germany 4.

The 3rd quarter is all about offense as it sees 9 goals scored, 5 of them by the Germans to narrow the gap a bit. After the 3rd it's Sweden 11 Germany 9.

In the 4th Sweden scores early to make it 12-9 but Germany scores twice to make it 12-11 with about 7 minutes left in the game. With Sweden on a power play wth just under 5 minutes left in the game a missed shot leads to a quick breakwaway Germany and Autumn scores on a superman dive cross the crease with a behind the back shot while in the air to tie the game 12-12 on the short-handed goal. No team can break the tie and we're headed for overtime tied 12-12.

Sweden has the first great chance in overtime but Thomkal slams the door on that with a GREAT save to keep it tied. He then outlets to Autumn on the break and he is tackled from behind on the break. A penalty shot is awarded. Autumn heads in on J23 for the penalty shot, fakes, fakes again, J23 bites, Autumn pulls back and flips it over J23's shoulder as he bit on the 2nd fake and into the net for the game winning goal.

Germany 13
Sweden 12
Old 02-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #816
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh yeah, eat it Sweden.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:12 PM   #817
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Game Ten

The final game of the round robin and it will decide the number one seed as Canada plays USA. Canada attacks hard and has a great goallie, USA defends hard and has a very good goallie. This should be a great match.

Canada looks to jump all over Team USA early as KWhit scores twice in the first 3 minues to give Canada a 2-0 lead. The Team USA defense takes over from there and does not allow Canada another good chance the rest of the way and manages to score one to make the score 2-1 after the 1st quarter.

The 2nd is all about hard hitting and the Team USA defense is just punishing the Caadian attackers. It leads to multiple turnovers and 4 breakaways which the USA scores on 2 of them to make it 3-2 Team USA. A major penalty late in the quarter against USA leads to 2 power play goals by the Canadians to give them a 4-3 lead and then they add one more even strangth goal with just 3 second left in the half to take a 5-3 lead into the half.

The Team USA defense is under attack in the 3rd as Canada out-shoots USA 18-7 in the quarter. Passacaglia stands up will to the barrage but still allows 3 while the USA can get just 1 past Schmidty. The crowd is on it's feet as we head to the 4th with Canada up 8-4.

Team USA smartly settles into its normal counter-attack style for the first half of the 4th quarter and they pays benefits as they score twice on breakaways to narrow the gap to 8-6. Canada strikes quickly after the second US goal to make it 9-6 but Team USA turns up the heat a bit to score twice more, the second coming with 2 minutes left to make it 9-8. Canada scores an smpty net goal with over a minut left to make it 10-8. Team USA scores with the extra attacke to make it 10-9 with 25 second left. Team USA wins the faceoff and with the extra attacker set up a chance but shoot wide. CrimsonFox picks up he loose ball and fiers the length of the court into the empty net with 5 seconds left to make it an 11-9 final.

USA 9
Canada 11
Old 02-28-2010, 01:13 PM   #818
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Lacrosse Standings

Code:
Team W L Canada 4 0 USA 3 1 Germany 2 2 Sweden 1 3 Russia 0 4
Old 02-28-2010, 01:14 PM   #819
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Semi-Final (7:00 PM EST) - approximately

Sweden vs. Canada
Germany vs. USA
Old 02-28-2010, 01:17 PM   #820
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of 819:

Passacaglia 3 - ntndeaon (751), hoopsguy (754), PurdueBrad (789)
hoopsguy 1 - Passacaglia (764)
Old 02-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #821
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Thom, you can either approach that "wolves want all their members alive for hiding" or "wolves are spread out, so when there is a team with two dead villagers then chances > remaining person = wolf".

My inclination was to pursue the latter, but I'm interested in hearing feedback from others on these two approaches.

Hoops, I gotcha now. That approach could work too, I just feel that the knowledge that there are bonuses the villagers can win that the wolves may know nothing about or even the ones they do know about is too enticing to the wolves. Not to mention the bonuses they themselves can win. They will need to try to control the events if they can. Best way to do that is with a full team.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:07 PM   #822
Thomkal
Head Coach

I can't believe Germany is in third place. Especially because of a save by that pathetic goalie when we needed it the most.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #823
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Hey, speaking of bonuses, what was the mystery bonus for winning that last event?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:42 PM   #824
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The winner of the bonus knows. Up to that person if he/she wants to share with the group.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:26 PM   #825
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Yeah, I was asking the winners, not you, EF.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:35 PM   #826
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Yeah, I was asking the winners, not you, EF.

Oh, sorry. Didn't want to leave an unanswered question out there that may have been to me.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:37 PM   #827
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As an FYI to everyone though. I forgot to send that information out immediately after the results (to the person with the bonus) as I got tied up with some other PM responses and thought that I had sent it out with those responses.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:51 PM   #828
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Semi Final One

Sweden vs. Canada

The first time these teams met it was an overtime thriller that Canada pulled out. Could this meeting live up to that?

In the 1st quarter Canada streaks into the lead with 5 goals in the first 11 minutes to take a 5-0 lead. They look like they are reay to make a statement. Their defense falters a bit late and allows several great chances for Sweden but Schmidty is up to the challenge to all but one as the score after the first quarter is 5-1 Canada.

Sweden changes their approach some in the second quarter with mixed results. They scre the first two but then Canada scores three before Sweden scores the final two of the quarter. At the half Canada leads 8-5.

In the third quarter Sweden goes into an all-out attack mode and puts pressure on the Canadian defense. They out-shoot Canada 18-13 in the quarter and manage to score 3 times but Canada scores twice. After the 3rd quarter the score is Canada 10 Sweden 8.

In the final quarter Sweden stuns Canada with a quick goal after the opening faceoff to get to within one. Two minutes later they are on the power play and score the tying goal. Canada begins to press but after a turnover PurdueBrad streaks in on goal and scores with a bounce shot through the 5-hole to give Sweden their first lead 11-10. Canada would tie the game with 5 minutes left and then go on a power play with 4 minutes remaining. KWhit's shot would hit the post and rebound into their defensive zone where PurdueBrad would beat Schmidty (who had come out of goal to try to get the loose ball) to the ball, scoop it, spin past Schmidty and fire into the vacated net for the shorthanded goal to make it 12-11 Sweden. Canada would pull their goallie in the final minute but that would lead to an empty net goal for Sweden and the upset final 13-11.

Sweden 13
Canada 11
Old 02-28-2010, 06:59 PM   #829
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Semi Final Two

Germany vs. USA

Team USA beat Germany by 2 in their first meeting as their defense was able to contain the German attack. The winner of this meeting will face Sweden for the "quasi-gold".

Germany and Autumn would own the first quarter as he would score 2 goals and assist on 2 others as Germany would outscore USA 4-1 in the 1st. We may have another upset in the making.

USA would not have much better luck in the 2nd quarter as they would fail to mount an attack and Germany would outshoot them 21-7 in the quarter. Only the play of Passacaglia would keep them in the game as he would allow only 2 goals while USA would manage 2 of their own. Germany leads 6-3 at the half.

In the 3rd quarter the Germans' lack of defense would hurt them as USA would score 5 times, 2 on the power play and 2 would be on fast breaks as gthe Germans would score just 2. Going into the final quarter the game is tied 8-8.

The USA defense and goal tending of Passacaglia would step up in the 4th as Lathum began planting anything wearing a erman uniform into the ground and Dann found a few open looks that led to 3 goals to take an 11-8 lead. The Germans would answer with 1 but USA would score 2 empty net goals late in the game for the 13-9 final.

Germany 9
USA 13
Old 02-28-2010, 07:00 PM   #830
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Tonight's final round will be:

3rd place game: Germany vs. Canada
1st place game: Sweden vs. USA

Last edited by EagleFan : 02-28-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #831
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

GO Sweden!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:42 PM   #832
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Although are we really playing a double-header?
Old 02-28-2010, 07:54 PM   #833
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Although are we really playing a double-header?

Fixed
Old 02-28-2010, 09:13 PM   #834
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

We're definite underdogs here but our well-balanced team will hopefully take down the highly skilled Americans.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:43 PM   #835
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Third Place Game

Germany vs. Canada

A lot of offense and not a lot of defense, that should lead to fireworks. The difference is expected to be in goal. Canada won big in their previous meeting and hope to pick up where they left off.

In the 1st quarter the German get off to a wuic start with 2 goals in the first minute to take a 2-0 lead. The Canadaias begin to overwhelm the German defense, however, and score the final 5 goals of the quarter to lead 5-2 after the 1st quarter.

In the 2nd quarter KWhit and hoopsguy begin to get physical as hoopsguy took exception to a few things that were said in the first quarter and eventually KWhit drops his gloves and goes. The crowd is energized as is the German bench. Germany dictates play for the remainder of the quarter and outscores Canada 4-2 in the quarter. At the half Germany leads 7-6.

The 3rd quarter saw Schmidty turn into a brick wall as Germany put 15 shots on net and not one got past Schmidty. Canada managed to score 3 times as they lead 10-6 after the 3rd.

In the final quarter Gemany went all-out attack but that left them open to the Canadian coutner attack which quickly scored 4 goals to take a 14-6 lead with 7 minutes to go. Germany managed to score twice but Canada responded with 2 more to close out the game and win 16-8.

Germany 8
Canada 16
Old 02-28-2010, 10:00 PM   #836
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

First Place Game

Sweden vs. USA

USA is the favorite coming into this game and have the best defense in the tournament and one of the better goallies but not a strong attack. Sweden is the most compete team but have no strangth or weakness. USA beat Sweden 10-6 in their first meeting.

Early in the 1st quarter the rought stuff starts as Lathum intercepted a pass and was heading up the court and was completely blind-sided by PurdueBrad. The hit gave Team USA a power play and Lathum was quick to capitalize to make it 1-0. Sweden settled back in and managed to score twice to take a 2-1 lead with a couple minutes left in the quarter. With under a minute to go athum scooped up a loose ball and found Danny all alone against the goallie, he faked right and then dove Superman style over the crease while bringing the ball back over the goallies left shoulder to tie the game at 2. After the 1st it's 2-2.

In the second the USA defense set the tone with hard hits that caused several turnovers. This led to a couple retaliation penalties which led to a power play goal and 2 more goals on breakaways to give USA a 5-2 lead. Sweden would respond back with 2 goals late to make it USA 5 Sweden 4 at the half.

Early in the 3rd PurdueBrad would try to roll around a pick to cut inside but wouldn't see Lathum coming as Lathum left his feet with a cross-check high on PurdueBrad that sent him to the ground and drew a 5 minute major and caused team Sweden to jump to PurdueBrad's defense. Sweden would make USA pay by scoring twice on the major to take a 6-5 lead. With under 30 second left in the quarter Passacaglia would make a save and see Danny breaking, he would hit him with the pass and Danny would bounce a shot into the goal to tie the game 6-6 heading into the 4th.

The final quarter would see each team trade two goals to make it 8-8 with about 5 mnutes to go. Sweden would score the go ahead goal but it would be called off due to a man in the crease. Before the action would head back upfield Sweden's coach would challenge the call. After review it is deemed to be a good goal. Sweden takes the 9-8 lead with 4 and a half minutes remaining. Sweden would add another with 2 minutes left to go up 10-8. With the goallie pulled Danny would score to make it 10-9 with just 35 second left. USA would win the faceoff and get the pass to Danny in front of the goal and he would score the tying goal with just 20 seconds left 10-10. USA would win the faceoff and call timeout to setup a play. They pull their goallie to try to go a man up and win it before to goes to overtime. As they pass the ball around the perimeter waiting for an opening an open man cuts toward the net. The pass is intercepted by Darth Vilus who fires the ball the length of the court and into the empty net as time expires. The play is being reviewed to see if the ball crossed before time expired... It did... Sweden wins 11-10 in incredile fashion.

Sweden 11
USA 10
Old 02-28-2010, 10:01 PM   #837
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Final Lacrosse Standings

1st - Sweden
2nd - USA
3rd - Canada
4th - Germany
5th - Russia
Old 02-28-2010, 10:02 PM   #838
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The "dead" are now "dead" again. Hockey tomorrow.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:10 AM   #839
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
And FWIW, a wolf would have known that by killing me today, it would have taken out both Lathum and I. So I think that actually adds some trust to Pass.

So I was thinking about the game over the weekend, and remembering that Danny wasn't really on me, even though I was suspecting him. With all the other stuff in the game, it took me a few minutes to remember why -- The Judge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
Judge - You are secretly an olympic judges as well as competitor. Once during the competitions you may use your "ability" to rig the results of the competition so that your team wins. Using this ability will cause you to be night killed if any member of your team is targeted during that night regardless of the outcome of that kill (if a BG block happens you are still killed, if your team-mate is killed you will still be killed as well).

We knew that Lathum was going to use his judge power that day. Therefore, if I were a wolf, I could have killed Danny and got Lathum as a double. And since they were the only two people on my team, no one else on my team would have been around to tell everyone else.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:13 AM   #840
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I think there are three possible scenarios at play with Darth:
1.) He is the seer, thus knows that NTN is lying. If that is the case, his vote for Pass signifies that he knows two wolves.
2.) He is a wolf trying to discredit the seer.
3.) He is a villager who is doing his best to interpret data.

#1/#2 are both positive for the village, resulting in either two wolves or a bigger COT + 1 wolf. #3 is the most damaging scenario if in fact NTN is the seer.

Also, this thread is crying out to me. It's been discussed already a fair amount this weekend, but what hit me recently is that hoops said TWO wolves. He was ready to gun for NTN. Also, he had his vote on DV at the end of the day.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:14 AM   #841
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Whoops -- I meant this post, not this thread.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:51 AM   #842
hoopsguy
General Manager

Pass, I was because I did not account for the Fool role - I thought we had an ironclad seer/fake seer scenario brewing.

I'm still thinking that is more likely than a Seer/Fool showdown, but I'm not going to go to war on this point.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:07 AM   #843
hoopsguy
General Manager

Pass, I recognize that you aren't wild about me pushing for your lynch. But your vote sits on someone who was scanned by the dead seer. The only way this works is if you think that I'm the cunning wolf and that I played it this way (coming into the game late) without knowledge that I had been scanned. It is a really, really low percentage play. 0% actually, but even from where you sit you have to realize that this is a pretty poor vote on your part if you are a villager trying to catch a wolf.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:13 AM   #844
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here are the thoughts I've jotted down this morning while trying to wrap my head around the vote today. I'll expand on them in the next post or two ...

15 players to start, likely ratio of 12-3

8 players left now, likely 5-3 (7 dead villagers)

Cleared list = PB, Hoops (by seer and demonstration of duke role)
Leaves six players to evaluate, with 50/50 shot on getting a wolf if three wolves.

Assuming no conversion in this game, because it would be over (4-4) - so Danny probably did get the block. What does that mean in terms of evaluating wolf/villager status of remaining six players?
Poli, KWhit, NTN, Telle, Pass, Thomkal

Remaining Players by Team:
Germany - me (seer cleared) + Thomkal
Russia - three uncleared
Sweden - PB (cleared)
USA - Pass
Canada - KWhit
Old 03-01-2010, 08:16 AM   #845
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Hoops, I gotcha now. That approach could work too, I just feel that the knowledge that there are bonuses the villagers can win that the wolves may know nothing about or even the ones they do know about is too enticing to the wolves. Not to mention the bonuses they themselves can win. They will need to try to control the events if they can. Best way to do that is with a full team.

But I don't see the mod loading up a team with multiple wolves. 5 teams, 3 wolves - if there were multiple wolves on a team they could dramatically impact the results beyond standard WW. So I don't think that the wolf placement was truly random.

I would go along with your idea that there is likely a wolf on Team Russia, but not that there is more than one. So I don't think I'll be voting for any of those three today as a result. Because I think those odds are longer than chasing one of the other teams with fewer remaining uncleared players.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:17 AM   #846
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Thomkal has pinged me some but I'm voting Pass today.

Our web filter is being weird today so I may/may not have access. I'll try my best to be around. Sorry.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:18 AM   #847
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
First Place Game

Sweden vs. USA

USA is the favorite coming into this game and have the best defense in the tournament and one of the better goallies but not a strong attack. Sweden is the most compete team but have no strangth or weakness. USA beat Sweden 10-6 in their first meeting.

Early in the 1st quarter the rought stuff starts as Lathum intercepted a pass and was heading up the court and was completely blind-sided by PurdueBrad. The hit gave Team USA a power play and Lathum was quick to capitalize to make it 1-0. Sweden settled back in and managed to score twice to take a 2-1 lead with a couple minutes left in the quarter. With under a minute to go athum scooped up a loose ball and found Danny all alone against the goallie, he faked right and then dove Superman style over the crease while bringing the ball back over the goallies left shoulder to tie the game at 2. After the 1st it's 2-2.

In the second the USA defense set the tone with hard hits that caused several turnovers. This led to a couple retaliation penalties which led to a power play goal and 2 more goals on breakaways to give USA a 5-2 lead. Sweden would respond back with 2 goals late to make it USA 5 Sweden 4 at the half.

Early in the 3rd PurdueBrad would try to roll around a pick to cut inside but wouldn't see Lathum coming as Lathum left his feet with a cross-check high on PurdueBrad that sent him to the ground and drew a 5 minute major and caused team Sweden to jump to PurdueBrad's defense. Sweden would make USA pay by scoring twice on the major to take a 6-5 lead. With under 30 second left in the quarter Passacaglia would make a save and see Danny breaking, he would hit him with the pass and Danny would bounce a shot into the goal to tie the game 6-6 heading into the 4th.

The final quarter would see each team trade two goals to make it 8-8 with about 5 mnutes to go. Sweden would score the go ahead goal but it would be called off due to a man in the crease. Before the action would head back upfield Sweden's coach would challenge the call. After review it is deemed to be a good goal. Sweden takes the 9-8 lead with 4 and a half minutes remaining. Sweden would add another with 2 minutes left to go up 10-8. With the goallie pulled Danny would score to make it 10-9 with just 35 second left. USA would win the faceoff and get the pass to Danny in front of the goal and he would score the tying goal with just 20 seconds left 10-10. USA would win the faceoff and call timeout to setup a play. They pull their goallie to try to go a man up and win it before to goes to overtime. As they pass the ball around the perimeter waiting for an opening an open man cuts toward the net. The pass is intercepted by Darth Vilus who fires the ball the length of the court and into the empty net as time expires. The play is being reviewed to see if the ball crossed before time expired... It did... Sweden wins 11-10 in incredile fashion.

Sweden 11
USA 10

BOOM! Suck on that! And the bikini team goes crazy!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:18 AM   #848
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sweden is clear, so that leaves me with three candidates: Thomkal (Germany), USA (Pass), or Canada (KWhit). I've got my vote on one of those three right now, but would potentially move it to one of the other two.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:10 AM   #849
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Pass, I recognize that you aren't wild about me pushing for your lynch. But your vote sits on someone who was scanned by the dead seer. The only way this works is if you think that I'm the cunning wolf and that I played it this way (coming into the game late) without knowledge that I had been scanned. It is a really, really low percentage play. 0% actually, but even from where you sit you have to realize that this is a pretty poor vote on your part if you are a villager trying to catch a wolf.

hoops, I have said that I'm on you as the cunning earlier in this thread -- if you want, I can dig it up for you. Yes, it's a low percentage play. But it's honestly not THAT low at this point. Can you elaborate on what you mean by:

Quote:
that I played it this way (coming into the game late) without knowledge that I had been scanned

Played what way? And why would you have knowledge that you were scanned?
Old 03-01-2010, 09:11 AM   #850
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Good to know -- I can't believe I blanked on the idea that he told his team about it. Do you know why he didn't scan J23?

I'm still on hoops as the cunning unless a better thought comes along, though.

Found my post, hoops -- It's #783.