Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-11-2006, 11:35 PM   #801
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
Sure we aren't married to the same woman? My wife pretty much dislikes her.. I think the words Rhino and Bitch were thrown around a few times.

Rhino? lol Women are so strange.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:36 PM   #802
FBPro
College Starter

Put me in the camp that thinks that Bucky should have never made the trip to Hollywood and if he happened to sneak in should have been booted like 3 months ago....and Katharine, well yum.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:38 PM   #803
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

It's the incredible shrinking Katharine. During the tryout phase of the competition, she had some meat on the bones. But I don't think she's eaten since.

If you want to get back on good graces with your wives (assuming we don't have our own "Big Love" story going on here), mention that Katharine has gone through some of the training for $cientology. She doesn't seem to be an professed $cientologist, but she might be keeping it down while there's still a chance she could win this thing.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:39 PM   #804
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin

It doesn't get any more serious than a rhino about to sing a Queen song.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:43 PM   #805
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic
It's the incredible shrinking Katharine. During the tryout phase of the competition, she had some meat on the bones. But I don't think she's eaten since.

If you want to get back on good graces with your wives (assuming we don't have our own "Big Love" story going on here), mention that Katharine has gone through some of the training for $cientology. She doesn't seem to be an professed $cientologist, but she might be keeping it down while there's still a chance she could win this thing.

My wife is a psychiatrist, so if I do that, it may go from nasty glares to out-and-out, physical violence.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:03 AM   #806
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
It doesn't get any more serious than a rhino about to sing a Queen song.

1,000 points.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:28 AM   #807
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin

Ya.. I didn't quite get that one. Just chalked it up to one of those catty woman comments. Guess I could have just called Ace a flame-ingo but, eh well...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 04:27 AM   #808
WVUFAN
College Starter

Good God Taylor was awful. He absolutley butchered the song, and made himself look like an idiot doing it. As poor as Ace did, if Taylor isn't voted out, there's something wrong.

Surprisingly, the one person I didn't expect to do well did the best IMO, Paris. Great job on that song.

Now I need to find me some Queen music.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:47 AM   #809
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well when I heard the theme for the week, I thought this was probably the end for Bucky and Kellie and Paris would both struggle. Wrong on all three counts I think. Bucky went in the always forgettable first spot, so he could be in danger, but he found a song that fit his style, and probably had his best performance ever.

When I heard Kellie was doing Bohemian Rhaposdy I cringed. I thought that song was way above her. But I liked the "rocker" look and lighting and surprisingly she did a decent job with the song and performance. I think I should just mute her when she opens her mouth to talk rather than sing, and she might be my favorite. Paris too "rocked" far better than I expected from her.

I actually think this was Ace's best night, but that's not saying a lot when it comes to Ace. I think his trying to get Queen to change their arrangement for him is likely to get him sent home more than anything else.

Yeah Taylor was "dancing" and all again, but he was clearly having fun and the audience really got into his performance. Simon just can't understand why and thus discredits everything he does. I think it was a good decision to switct from "We Are the Champions" which I just couldn't picture him seeing. Now the one who should have been singing Champions was Chris. Instead he chose a song the band wouldn't even perform live, and we found out why when he sang it. Deserves to be in the Bottom Three.

It was nice to see Elliott relax for a change and just enjoy being on the stage and sing. Probably the best vocal of the night, but really needs to work on performing still. Katherine's song change (I wonder if Mandisa had originally picked that song as they showed her last week practicing with Queen) should have been a home run for her. It was a perfect choice for her more broadway type performance. But she oversang it, yelling it for the most part and off key. Very disappointing.

So my bottom three would be Katherine, Chris, and Ace. I'd put Bucky there but he really didn't do a bad job last night, and neither did Ace, but I think his interaction with Queen is going to cost him.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:10 AM   #810
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Am I the only one that is starting to like Bucky?
I've been cheering for Bucky in this thread since a couple of pages ago.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:33 AM   #811
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Dola

I agreed with Simon on every point he made last night except for the stuff about Pickler. I think she got a little too much praise, but that's just because she didn't completely butcher "Bohemian Rhapsody." The song was still way over her head. I thought she was just OK, but with that song (which I actually hate), I suppose OK is pretty good.

Even though I agree with Simon that Paris' performance was "weird," I thought it worked from a vocal standpoint. Paris just turns into a different creature when she's singing. It doesn't fit with her little girl speaking voice, and I think that's what makes her performances peculiar. Still, the girl can sing. When she's singing her types of songs, she's spectacular. When she's singing something way out of bounds for her, she's still very good. So I agree with Simon that it was weird, but I didn't think it was bad. As for the others:

Taylor was ridiculous. As goofy as his Ray Charles/Fred Sanford dance moves were at the beginning, at least they looked plausible for the guy. Now he's trying to jump around and kick down microphone stands (UIC moment of the season for me), and he just comes off looking spastic. Ridiculous.

Chris couldn't rise above his song. I love listening to Chris because he's really good at what he does, even if it's the same thing again and again. I actually zoned out during that song, though. It was dry and dull.

Katharine was OK, zombie Barbie doll look aside (don't confuse with Pickler - Pickles had the goth Barbie doll look). She didn't seem confident at all, though. She was really quick to compliment the lighting and the band, and I think she knew that she just didn't "bring it" last night. On its own, her performance was reasonable. Against the others last night, it wasn't good.

I thought Elliott was outstanding. His voice was really good for the song, and for the first time all season, he didn't seem invisible to me. His performance was the only one that I'll remember for being really good. Unfortunately, I'll remember Taylor's, even though I've been pouring bleach in my eyes to get the image out. Anyway, as for Elliott, he wasn't worth a standing ovation or anything, but he really connected with the song, and I like that.

And then there's Ace. I didn't really pay attention during the taped segment before his song, so I missed out on Queen pwning him. If my wife didn't delete it from TiVo, I'll watch that part this evening. Anyway, about the song, I thought it was horrid. All of the other contestants seem willing to try something that's out of their comfort zone (well, maybe not Chris, but Chris can advance on talent alone). Ace seems to want to bring his slow, whiny, kicked-in-the-balls (if he has any) style to each song he does. Note to Ace: STOP THAT. For once, he should work with his song and not try to make the song work with him. He is not strong enough to overshadow his song. STOP THAT.

No comment about my man Bucky because, well, he's my man Bucky.

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 04-12-2006 at 08:33 AM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:44 AM   #812
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Same here. Everytime I point out Katherine (in the very few times she had flipped to Idol), she immediately responds by looking for a Keith Urban video on CMT or GAC.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:41 AM   #813
law90026
College Benchwarmer

It actually wasn't a bad night. Thank god, after the past 2 stinkers.

And I couldn't really fault anyone's performance so I suspect it's going to be a very close call. However, bottom 3 predictions:

Elliot (he doesn't seem to have enough of a fan base)
Bucky (he didn't do badly but he's just not good enough)
Katherine (I still don't like her voice :P)
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:01 AM   #814
GrantDawg

My wife thinks Katherine is hot, too.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:05 AM   #815
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg

Yep, mine too.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:44 AM   #816
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg

Mine too.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:46 AM   #817
st.cronin
General Manager

I had always assumed that most women would be happy to discover that there are fuller-bodied women that men find attractive, as opposed to somebody like Angelina Jolie. Clearly, I know nothing.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:36 AM   #818
Daimyo
College Starter

I thought Katherine was the worst. Even at the end when they played the clip of her singing I thought it sounded terrible and they usually find something good for the end. Her personality is starting to get super annoying too...
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:13 PM   #819
MJ4H
Coordinator

Elliott just kicked a lot more rear than he did last night and he was decent last night. That was the first time I've really though Elliott belonged since the first time I can remember him in the top 24. I thought then he was probably the best male. Haven't thought that since then, but with the performance he just gave after finding out he was in the bottom 3 tonight, I believe he belongs again. Nice job, Elliott.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:30 PM   #820
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

DAMN IT! Ace is still safe!!! ARGH!!
Old 04-12-2006, 08:30 PM   #821
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

THIS COUNTRY HAS RUINED AMERICAN IDOL! I WANT MORE BUCKY!

AMERIKKKA!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2006, 08:31 PM   #822
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors

AMERIKKKA!!!!!!!!
You can have him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2006, 08:38 PM   #823
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors

AMERIKKKA!!!!!!!!

hhaha pumpy you are alright i dont care what the others say
Old 04-12-2006, 08:59 PM   #824
Swaggs
Coordinator

Who got the boot?
Old 04-12-2006, 09:14 PM   #825
MJ4H
Coordinator

bucky
Old 04-12-2006, 09:23 PM   #826
Joe
Pro Starter

whooo next week its Rod Stewart night
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:26 PM   #827
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush

You know, one time they pumped Rod Stewart's stomache and found....
Old 04-12-2006, 09:28 PM   #828
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Mine too.

Yeah mine also. And in fact, she went as far as to say if she was going to go lesbo that would be the way to go. I of course just asked to get the video rights to it Sleeping on couch for the forseeable future.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:10 PM   #829
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Chris really really should have sung 'Under Pressure'

From what I read into for next week, it's not Rod Stewart songs next week.. its the Rod Stewart American songbook that he is pimpin' right now.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 04-12-2006, 10:14 PM   #830
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Just thought I'd add that my wife hates Katherine as well - something about her says "bitch" to her.

She loves that Chris guy, however, though not so much since he's turned into Eyeliner Boy 2006.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:18 PM   #831
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I'd like Chris more... if he ever sang another song. What is this, like Part 12 of the same song?
Old 04-12-2006, 11:04 PM   #832
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Just thought I'd add that my wife hates Katherine as well - something about her says "bitch" to her.

She loves that Chris guy, however, though not so much since he's turned into Eyeliner Boy 2006.

That (and the facial hair) makes him even more hot to my wife.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:19 PM   #833
Schmidty
Coordinator

I can't believe that Elliott was in the bottom 3. He has more talented than all of the other contestants, imo. Maybe he isn't the most "entertaining" idol, but to me, he's the best.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:53 AM   #834
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

bucky got the boot?? wow...i didn't see that coming. not that i think he's amazing or could win, but a lot more people deserved to go over him.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 11:52 AM   #835
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
Chris really really should have sung 'Under Pressure'

From what I read into for next week, it's not Rod Stewart songs next week.. its the Rod Stewart American songbook that he is pimpin' right now.

I thought he (or someone) should have sang "I've Got to Break Free." It would have been perfect for Chris, but since it has been somewhat modernized by the commericals it is in, it probably would have struck a chord with more of the viewers.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:38 PM   #836
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Glad to see they won't be breaking their "No special guests under 50" rule. Who's next? The Stones and Jimmy Buffet?
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 12:50 PM   #837
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles
Glad to see they won't be breaking their "No special guests under 50" rule. Who's next? The Stones and Jimmy Buffet?

Gordon Lightfoot...

Unfortunately, Taylor will pick 'Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald' and that will suck up the first 45 minutes of the show.

Seriously.. these themes are for shit. I'd almost find it more enjoyable if they had a 2 fish bowl o' songs (1 for men, 1 for women) that they just draw a few names out of post elimination and then have to pick one.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:10 PM   #838
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles

well, they tried real hard to get prince on (is he over 50 yet?), but he refused to sit down and help the kids with the songs.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:13 PM   #839
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
bucky got the boot?? wow...i didn't see that coming. not that i think he's amazing or could win, but a lot more people deserved to go over him.
You're kidding right? Bucky should have gone home before Hollywood......
Old 04-13-2006, 02:56 PM   #840
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well have to shake my head at the bottom 3 last night. If it was based on this week alone, none of the three should have been there probably. Poor Elliott had the best performance of the night and still can't get votes, while Bucky and Ace likely had their best too. Meanwhile Chris and Katherine should have been in Bottom 3 based on this week's performances.

I was sad to see Bucky go-he's kinda grown on me since the beginning, but in reality both he and Ace are a notch below the others, and that ultimately is why they end up in the Bottom 3 so much. Hopefully it'll be Ace going next week, and then it'll be a real shootout after that.

Last edited by Thomkal : 04-13-2006 at 02:57 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:59 PM   #841
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
Well have to shake my head at the bottom 3 last night. If it was based on this week alone, none of the three should have been there probably. Poor Elliott had the best performance of the night and still can't get votes, while Bucky and Ace likely had their best too. Meanwhile Chris and Katherine should have been in Bottom 3 based on this week's performances.

I was sad to see Bucky go-he's kinda grown on me since the beginning, but in reality both he and Ace are a notch below the others, and that ultimately is why they end up in the Bottom 3 so much. Hopefully it'll be Ace going next week, and then it'll be a real shootout after that.

Ok, I know everyone is entitled to their opinion and everything...

...but are you serious? You liked what Ace did this week? I'm sorry, but it was atrocious. When I realized he would be singing that song again last night, I muted my TV.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:08 PM   #842
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I agree. That was a horrid performance by Ace, and we muted our television again midway through it, since it was just as bad as the Tuesday performance.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:11 PM   #843
Joe
Pro Starter

I like Ace, he's cute
Old 04-13-2006, 03:34 PM   #844
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
I like Ace, he's cute

You should be impeached for that statement.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:54 AM   #845
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

god I hate ace, he is a one trick pony, how he didn't get booted this week is beyond me.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:59 AM   #846
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
god I hate ace, he is a one trick pony, how he didn't get booted this week is beyond me.
Because Bucky needed to go like million weeks ago...
Old 04-18-2006, 08:09 PM   #847
MJ4H
Coordinator

Wow. Best night in awhile. Even the clear bottom 3 weren't bad by any stretch. Clear bottom 3 for me were:

Elliott, Kellie, Ace.

Those three clearly belong there, but I doubt Kellie will show her face. Elliott and Ace you can count on, though.

My rankings based on tonight only:

1. Katharine - good heavens that was awesome.
2. Paris - another jaw-dropper.
3. Taylor - first time I've gotten caught up in his schtick.
4. Chris - nice change of pace, cool song, well done.
5. Elliott - as always, sang well, but too goofy.
6. Kellie - she is pretty sometimes.
7. Ace - was one of his better efforts, but the falsetto thing is annoying.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:19 PM   #848
Easy Mac

I somehow turned the channel right when Katharine started for the second straight week. The recaps made me happy that I missed Liberache right before her.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:11 PM   #849
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I missed Chris, but saw the rest. Pickles was clearly the worst. In fact, I was surprised Simon didn't jump down her throat. He must want her to stick around. He blamed the song choice, when clearly she sung terribly, regardless of the song. She was bad, the rest were good to great.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:51 PM   #850
GrantDawg

Best night top to bottom, but with a definite bottom. Pickler should go, but I would say Elliot probably wiil.