Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-15-2010, 05:07 PM   #801
whomario
Pro Starter

Beat Ohio State 23-22. Nearly choked it away late with bad decicions but got an Interception with 1 1/2 minutes to go on a 1st and 10 from the 25 My Heisman candidate (and i think he´ll get it) had a tough game but made an enormous run for a 75 yard TD and got me multiple first downs on 3rd and short, also had a 50 yard run on a screen pass.

Now i´m still only ranked 3rd though behind unbeaten Miami and Texas ...
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:48 PM   #802
whomario
Pro Starter

Got ranked 2nd in the end and will play the championship game

My guy lost out on the Heisman, what a joke ... He beat him in the other HB-related awards (Maxwell, Walther Camp and Walker) , is that normal ?

Hansen : 11-1 team record / 1976 Yards / 6.2 average / 22 TDs / 2 fumbles / 554 yards receiving / 8 TDs

Lumpkin : 12-1 team record / 1638 Yards / 5.2 average / 16 TDs / 5 fumbles / 610 Yards receiving / 5 TDs

It wasn´t even close voting as well, 1900 points to about 900

That actually really had me stare at the screen for a bit, i got really immersed here because he was the absolute center of my gameplan all season long ...

EDIT : Got beat 31-38, throwing an interception late and then they get a major play by a WR named "Tiger Franz", whose name is so awesome i almost didn´t begrudge him that play ... I had that game up 31-24, but i just struggle finishing games ...

Last edited by whomario : 12-15-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:46 AM   #803
whomario
Pro Starter

can someone suggest/recommend a playbook for a mix of short passing and power running that still has decent amount of 4 WR sets ?

I have a QB with 84 Throw Power but 95 accuracy, have 2 very good receiving TEs and also a FB that is a converted TE and has good catching ability.
My 2 best HBs are power backs, but i also have 4 WRs i´d like to get involved.

I also feel a lot more comfortable passing from shotgun sets.

Last edited by whomario : 12-16-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:19 PM   #804
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Anyone have recommend rosters and sliders (for XBox 360)?
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:27 PM   #805
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Also, what sort of recruiting strategies do people use? Can you recruit the entire 35 person board effectively? I wasn't really sure whether I should be spending 10 or 20 minutes with all my recruits, or if you need to spend 50 or 60 minutes with them to be effective (in which case I'll need to focus on a smaller group).
Old 12-18-2010, 01:54 PM   #806
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcjjdnh View Post
Also, what sort of recruiting strategies do people use? Can you recruit the entire 35 person board effectively? I wasn't really sure whether I should be spending 10 or 20 minutes with all my recruits, or if you need to spend 50 or 60 minutes with them to be effective (in which case I'll need to focus on a smaller group).

The first week I spread my time out trying to get offers to as many players who I like who have me 1st on their list to up my chances of getting some instant commits. After that, I choose to really focus on 10-12 max with my highest targets getting an hour each week and less important targets getting 40 minutes or so.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:43 PM   #807
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Thanks
Old 12-18-2010, 10:28 PM   #808
jaygr
H.S. Freshman Team

I skipped Madden this year and on a whim bought NCAA. Might be the best decision I ever made. It is just a really good game of football. I am not even a huge college football fan, but the game just plays great. I've also been having a blast with dynasty mode. The recruiting is well done- just interesting enough to not be a burden.

I have a question for those with more experience in dynasty mode- will players make great jump in ratings over the years? I felt like my last year's recruiting class was decent (all things considered because I am using a lower class team) but now that I am in my second year I noticed a lot of them (mostly redshirted) are awful- like in the low 60's, high 50's. Will they generally get better as they get older or are they just that bad?
jaygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #809
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

From my perspective, I think players are coming in with lower ratings than in previous versions. I know that for most positions, it seems like 2 star recruits are barely worth going after because they aren't much better than a walk-on. So if you've got a 3 star-heavy recruiting class, you're probably not going to get a bunch of high 80s/low 90s guys out of that class. You need 4 and 5 stars for them to develop to that level.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:06 PM   #810
Ksyrup

My UK team is in 2022 and 11-0 and ranked #2. Only thing between me and the BCS Bowl is an away game at #12 Texas Tech and either Ole Miss or Alabama in the SEC championship. Not feeling very secure about getting through both of those games undefeated.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 12-20-2010, 07:50 PM   #811
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Had one of the greatest games ever last night.

Beat #11 Texas on a TD pass with :09 seconds left on the clock, I won 42-41.

This game had everything!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:46 AM   #812
Ksyrup

I somehow survived playing @ #12 Texas Tech - beat them 35-19 - and then won the SEC championship with a 27-22 win over Alabama. Knocked out Alabama's QB early in the game which probably saved me. I lost my RB early, but his backup did a decent job and for some reason, I was able to throw all over them. I was down 6-0 at half, then went up 13-6, they took the lead at 16-13, then I put up 2 TDs on consecutive drives to put the game away.

I'll say this - I will never schedule Texas Tech again. That Air Raid offense is insane. My games usually take me 40-50 minutes, and this one lasted over an hour. They threw 64 passes, completing 39, and were 13-20 on 3rd down. I couldn't get them off the field. Up 16 with less than 2 minutes to play, they went on a 22-play drive that ended on an incomplete pass at my 8 on 4th-and-3 with 20 seconds left. I was exhausted after playing that game.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:53 AM   #813
Ksyrup

Oh, and I take on #1 Penn State for the championship. Win or lose, I think I'm going to stick with UK for at least another year, maybe two, just so I can get the benefit of the great recruiting classes I'vee brought in. I'm in Year 4 and still playing with the decent classes I was able to get when I first took over. The past 2 years it's been pretty much all 4s with a couple of 5s, and I redshirted a lot of them this past year, so I want to watch them get good. I only lose 10 seniors this year (I assume due to the purge of the roster I did when I first took over), so this team should be loaded and young next year.

I'm pretty sure that when I go, I'm going to take over Washington State. In 12 years, they've won 27 games. They might suck too much, actually. Now that I've found a challenging set of sliders for the games, I suspect I'll suffer mightily with that team for a couple of years. Will be the biggest challenge yet.

Why is it that Washington State ALWAYS sucks in the NCAA games? Every version of this game I've had, I've eventually taken WSU over because of how bad they are. Kinda funny.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:49 PM   #814
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Texas Tech is one beast with that fucking hurry up air raid offense.. I'm like you.. very exhausted after a game vs them.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:56 AM   #815
Ksyrup

Well, I beat Penn State 24-21 to win the BCS championship last night. As with most of the games I play against more talented teams, they came out early and kicked me in the teeth, but I weathered the early storm and trailed only 14-10 at half. Went up 17-14 by the beginning of the 4th quarter and was driving for a 2-score lead when I saw an uncovered receiver at the line and decided to quick-throw the ball to him - and one of his LBs came out of nowhere (literally, I'm pretty sure!) to pick it off and go 65 yards for the go-ahead score with about 5 minutes left. But my offense picked right back up where it left off, we scored to make it 24-21 with 1:30 left, and shut down their offense to win the game.

Had a bizarre situation/bug that I remedied by calling my own TO - 1 minute left, PSU has a 4th-and-28 from its own 15 all all 3 TOs, and they decide to punt. I can understand that. But the punter was going to run the clock all the way down, so I had to step in a call the TO for them. I can only assume the game mistakenly played that situation as if it was the end of the 1st half, not the game.

Anyway, my UK team is starting to get loaded and I'm looking forward to at least 1 or maybe 2 more years with this team before I move on. Had the #6 rated recruiting class and picked up 2 5-stars during off-season recruiting without really trying - already had15 commits and lost just 11 guys (10 seniors and 1 transfer).

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-22-2010 at 08:03 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:57 PM   #816
Ksyrup

What a difference a year makes. Despite upgrading my team's talent across the board, my team is really struggling. Beat Ohio 41-7 in the first game in what was a real struggle until late, then lost to #21 Maryland 31-17. Just played Louisville and beat them 31-14 but again, it was a real struggle. My defense is terrible - my corners are both 75 rated freshman, so I think that has something to do with it. In the Maryland game, I lost my #1 RB for 9 weeks and my #2 RB for 3 weeks, so I had to burn the redshirt of my 79-rated 5 star freshman to start for a few weeks. Tough start to the season for the defending champs...
Old 12-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #817
Ksyrup

Well crap! Just played at #6 Alabama and had no business being in the game, but I battled back from 16-9 to take a 20-16 lead with 3 minutes left. 1:20 left, 4th and 36, and they complete a freaking 66 yard TD to beat me. Next game is #9 UF. Fuck me. 2-3, here we come.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:12 PM   #818
Philliesfan980
Banned

Just curious, but what sliders are you guys using? I'd like to get back into this game, I've been busy lately, but should have time this this upcoming weekend.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #819
Ksyrup

I play with Playmaker's slow varsity sliders. But I suck, so varsity is the speed for me. Game is still a challenge and really fun, as you can tell.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #820
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Ksyrup.. that's what makes this game so damn fun!

I'm 6-1, just beat Oklahoma St. 45-21 but totally dominated that game.

Funny thing is, I lost to Colorado earlier in the season whom Ok St. beat 44-0.

Up next is Nebraska who is #7 and 7-0.

You just never know what kind of game you are going to have.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:19 PM   #821
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm on AA defaults, 8 min quarters.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:45 PM   #822
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I play with Playmaker's slow varsity sliders. But I suck, so varsity is the speed for me. Game is still a challenge and really fun, as you can tell.

Great, thanks for the confirmation. I was using those sliders a few months ago (I'm a guy who probably logs about 3-4 hours of gaming a week, so my skills have declined a bit since my teenage years), so i'll continue to use them.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:06 PM   #823
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Ksyrup.. that's what makes this game so damn fun!

I'm 6-1, just beat Oklahoma St. 45-21 but totally dominated that game.

Funny thing is, I lost to Colorado earlier in the season whom Ok St. beat 44-0.

Up next is Nebraska who is #7 and 7-0.

You just never know what kind of game you are going to have.

Yeah, I know. It's funny, my kids love watching me play (and my 6 year old daughter is now playing family play games almost every day!) and as I'm yelling and screaming and bitching about Alabama coming back to beat me, my older daughter tells me to just fix the sliders so I can win every game, and I'm like, "But I don't want to win every game. I don't want to lose, but I like the fact that I can lose." She didn't quite understand, lol.

Once I get past UF, I've got an easier schedule. Two years ago I went on an 8-game winning streak after falling to 3-3. Maybe it'll happen again. Hasn't hurt my recruiting yet - just picked up a 5-star #2-ranked athlete.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:06 AM   #824
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I let the CPU do my recruiting, I feel it makes it a bit more even.. but honestly, I just like playing the actual games.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:26 AM   #825
jaygr
H.S. Freshman Team

How good of a job do you find that the computer does at recruiting?

I like doing the recruiting from time to time but as I get multiple years into a dynasty, it starts to become more and more of a chore and I find myself less and less invested in the players and just going through the motions so I can play the next game.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:28 AM   #826
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygr View Post
How good of a job do you find that the computer does at recruiting?

I like doing the recruiting from time to time but as I get multiple years into a dynasty, it starts to become more and more of a chore and I find myself less and less invested in the players and just going through the motions so I can play the next game.

They are adequate I guess. My new kicker sucks.. but they fill the positions I need and I get usually get 2-3 4* and the rest 3* and 2*, which seems about right for Mizzou.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:57 AM   #827
Ksyrup

I enjoy the recruiting in this version. They did a great job of making it fun/addicting. I like to do my own because part of the fun of taking a crappy team and building them up is getting better recruits. I find the recruiting to be pretty good in terms of the caliber of players I can get based on my school's status. As a 1-3 star program, I have problems attracting even 3 star talent. Now that I'm starting to roll with UK, I'm in on all the best players. Once I turn them into a perennial SEC/national championship contender, I move on.

The reason I like Playmakers sliders is that they seem to provide a decent challenge for "neutral" match-ups - meaning, if I'm C+ and the opponent is B- or so, I find that the games are fairly competitive, and vice versa. Most important part of his sliders, though, are the conservative game plan adjustments. They are a pain to remember for each game, but they really make the game challenging - especially on defense.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:13 AM   #828
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I don't blame you for doing your own recruiting.. I just don't have the time to mess with it.. and would just rather focus on the games.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #829
jaygr
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

The reason I like Playmakers sliders is that they seem to provide a decent challenge for "neutral" match-ups - meaning, if I'm C+ and the opponent is B- or so, I find that the games are fairly competitive, and vice versa. Most important part of his sliders, though, are the conservative game plan adjustments. They are a pain to remember for each game, but they really make the game challenging - especially on defense.

I've really been enjoying the playmaker sliders as well. The only two issues I had was A) the cpu runners were KILLING me with them. Like 8 out of 10 runs would be 10+ yards, no matter who the back was. I ended up turning those down a bit.

B) My QB makes a ton of terrible throws. Like overthrowing a wide open guy, or throwing a pass that should have gone over the middle to way out near the sideline- that bad. It keeps things challenging but I am not sure if that is how it is suppose to be with the sliders or just my wonky QB ( he isn't too bad, 80 acc).
Old 12-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #830
Ksyrup

Are you using the 0 QB accuracy sliders or the 5? I use the 5. I don't have many ridiculous throws like that at all. A few sale way over my guys' heads, but most of the throws are on target. The one thing that ticks me off are the number of passes knocked down when the receiver appears wide open, the LB/S is way off him, and I try to put some air under the ball - they still get to it.

I've had the same issue with the running game, but also periods where I completely shut them down. I'm OK with it. I just use it as a part of the challenge. Between the sliders and allowing Corso to call 95% of my defensive plays, I figure I've handicapped myself pretty well.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:33 AM   #831
jaygr
H.S. Freshman Team

I was using the 0 QB one. I will try bumping it to 5. I really don't mind my QB overthrowing some passes, even if they are wide open. But like I said some passes were being just ridiculously off target.

I really enjoy the sliders overall. This is my first year with NCAA, but in the past with Madden games, it was very hard for me to find a good difficulty that allowed the other team to score some points and give me a challenge but also not make insanely hard for me on offense either. This game along with the sliders seems to be a sweet spot for me. Every touchdown that I score I feel like I earned. I've had a ton of close games that have been fun to play and they have played out like real games should.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:22 PM   #832
Ksyrup

Reading that long-ass thread over at the OS forums about PM's sliders, the ridiculous overthrow issue with 0 accuracy is discussed. I think he tweaked the sliders depending on whether you use 0 or 5, so check it out.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:52 PM   #833
Ksyrup

So I came all the way back from a 2-2 start and that horrible loss to Alabama to finish 10-2, ranked #4, and back in the SEC championship game in a rematch against Alabama. Usually there are 6 or 8 undefeated teams, but this year, only Alabama is undefeated, allowing me to play my way back into the top 5. But they beat me again, 24-17 - I had 3 chances to score inside the 20 in the second half and had an INT and 2 turnovers on downs. So we ended up in the Cotton Bowl against Oklahoma, and I beat them 31-14 to finish 11-3 and ranked #7, while Alabama destroyed TCU for the championship.

I've got 2 years left on my contract with UK, and I'm coming back for at least one more year. I should have a stacked team and a more mature QB (played a RS Soph this year).
Old 12-26-2010, 06:42 PM   #834
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Odd question... I purchased NCAA back in July but sold it once Madden came out. Well, I;m looking to purchase another copy of it - I'm thinking of buying a used copy. Will the code I used back in July still work for the used copy or will I have to purchase another license?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:55 PM   #835
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
Odd question... I purchased NCAA back in July but sold it once Madden came out. Well, I;m looking to purchase another copy of it - I'm thinking of buying a used copy. Will the code I used back in July still work for the used copy or will I have to purchase another license?

The code is tied to your XBox Live profile, so you are set.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:29 PM   #836
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

perfect - thanks

Going to pick a copy up tomorrow for $25 from a kid on Craigslist - love that site to buy/sell games

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:21 AM   #837
Ksyrup

F'n BAMA!

Start the year with 2 easy wins, then take on #16 Cincy (I'm #6) and squeak out a 24-17 win. Lost my starting QB for 11 weeks, though. 5th year SR QB, who's never taken a snap in his career, takes over in the 2nd half of the game and leads us to victory.

On to UF. Unlike last year's cakewalk at home, this year they come out unstoppable in the 1st half and are beating me 21-7. But my D starts getting some stops, and we climb back to take a 28-21 lead with 4 minutes left. I stop them again, get the ball and they use all of their TOs to try to force me to punt. On 3rd-and-5 with 45 seconds left, my RB gets hit, fumbles, and UF runs it back for the TD. I'm beyond pissed. But it appears that someone watched the Dallas/Arizona game on Saturday, because they miss the tying XP and I escape with the 28-27 win. I've set the AI's FG accuracy to 70, so missed XPs (and FGs, for that matter) are rare - so this wasn't a cheapie, he just missed it. Although, UF's kickers are awful - the 2 punts they kicked were both shanked. I think their kickers were so bad, they negated the sliders.

Anyway, after a bye week, I've got #1 Alabama at home. This is the 6th time I've played them - once in my first year with UK, which they won, then I beat them in the SEC Championship game 2 consecutive years. Last year, they beat me in regulation on a ridiculous 4th down TD pass, then beat me again in the SEC championship game. And they freakin' beat me again, 20-14. Unstoppable running game, and they converted 9 of 14 3rd downs. So I've got to take care of businessto see if I can force a rematch in the SEC championship game for the 4th straight year. I dropped to #12 after the loss.

Alabama is just too much in this dynasty. I'll have to check the numbers after this season, but I'm pretty sure that in 14 seasons, they've lost 14 games - and that includes a rare 3 loss season when I won my first SEC championship. Otherwise, they've gone undefeated or lost 1 game every other year. I think they're up to around 7 BCS championships in this dynasty.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-27-2010 at 07:22 AM.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:12 AM   #838
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Just got my 360, just picked up this game...what are the best sliders to use?
Old 12-29-2010, 10:01 AM   #839
Ksyrup

It really depends on your skill level, I think, to some degree. I'm not all that great, so I stick with Playmaker's varsity sliders which gives me competitive games against good teams, but probably there are some who would cakewalk through those sliders. I try to handicap myself a bit on D by playing the lock mode on the left DE and allowing Corso to call most of my plays, too.

So my 2024 isn't going as planned. I'm destroying the inferior teams but struggling with the good ones - barely eked out wins against Cincy and UF, lsot a close one to Alabama, then lost to UGA at home 38-26 after leading 20-7. They got a key TD at the end of the half to make it 20-14, then returned a fumble for a TD to take the lead, then I threw a pick they returned to the 2 and I never recovered from there. Although, the game was 31-26 with like 40 seconds left and the bastards threw the ball against my blitz on third down and hit a TD, so it was a closer game than the final score. But the result is, UGA is in the SEC championship game against Alabama and I'm sitting at #15 or so with 2 losses.

I had decided this was going to be my last season at UK before we lost to UGA, and now I'm reconsidering coming back for the final year of my 7-year contract. My 11-year old wants me to take over Duke. I'm thinking 1 more run at the title with UK - especially since I think, if the scheduling is consistent with the real SEC 5-1-2 format, Alabama will be off my schedule next year.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-29-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:36 AM   #840
SegRat
High School Varsity

After 3 years at Nevada, I won the coach of the year award. I then moved on to Flordia State. Through 4 games I am 3-1 and just played 2 of the most fun football games I have ever played. It is amazing just how good this game is.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:34 AM   #841
Ksyrup

After my disappointing loss to UGA ended any chance of winning the SEC or BCS, we went on a 4-game tear to finish the season - 56-0 over Vandy, 59-7 over Tennessee, 51-7 over then-#13 Central Michigan, and then guess who I drew for the Cotton Bowl? Freakin' Texas Tech (#18). Damn Air Raid game took forever to finish, but I made it worth it by beating them 54-24. We finished 11-2 and ranked #10. Made it through off-season recruiting before bed last night and got the #1 overall class. 2025 is going to be my last year at UK and I hope we can get back to the BCS Bowl game.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:29 PM   #842
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Whats the best 360 Roster set?
Old 12-31-2010, 06:23 PM   #843
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Whats the best 360 Roster set?

I always use FAIRDALE KINGS.

Getting ready to play #7 Nebraska on their turf.. should be fun!
Old 12-31-2010, 08:15 PM   #844
Ksyrup

So anyone ever run into the issue of an obviously more talented guy just not playing as well as a less talented back-up? I've had a QB rated 5-6 points higher than his back-ups for the last 2 seasons, yet he is not as accurate and throws far more picks than his back-ups. It's his senior year and he's rated 90 while his back-up is 85, and I finally had to bench him after a 3-12, 1 TD 2 INT first half in our second game. It's the second year in a row I've benched him, although last year he got injured for 11 weeks which ended his season anyway. It's just really strange. He's clearly the best QB but it just ain't happening that way on the field. Pretty cool, actually.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:20 PM   #845
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Alright....the recruiting in this kicks ass...I truly like it...to me, night and day difference from the past.

I am also using CK11's roster pack.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:41 PM   #846
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So anyone ever run into the issue of an obviously more talented guy just not playing as well as a less talented back-up? I've had a QB rated 5-6 points higher than his back-ups for the last 2 seasons, yet he is not as accurate and throws far more picks than his back-ups. It's his senior year and he's rated 90 while his back-up is 85, and I finally had to bench him after a 3-12, 1 TD 2 INT first half in our second game. It's the second year in a row I've benched him, although last year he got injured for 11 weeks which ended his season anyway. It's just really strange. He's clearly the best QB but it just ain't happening that way on the field. Pretty cool, actually.

I had 3 QB's battling it out this year and my #1 has finally played like a true #1 for the past 4 weeks. It's almost like he's more confident or something.

We beat Nebraska 28-14 in a game where any big play could have changed this game.

It's tied 7-7 as the 2nd quarter is winding down, Nebraska fumbles the ball and we recover. We drive down to their 10 yard line and I thrown an INT (stupid I say as I should have been running the ball to setup for a FG).

Very next play, Nebraska goes for a big pass play and I make the INT and return it for a TD, 14-7.

Nebraska drives down to my 13 yard line and then shanks a FG way to the right and we go into the half up by 7.

We get the ball to start the 2nd half and the score to go up 21-7. After that, it was running plays and short passes. Our defense was great!

Another great game and I do so much better against a team that doesn't do a no huddle offense.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:47 PM   #847
SegRat
High School Varsity

Quote:

I have that with FSU right now. 2 Sophmore QB's. Top guy rated 88, second guy rated 81. Just benched the 88 guy because his accuracy sucks and throws to many picks.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:49 PM   #848
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

It is cool and I've seen it too.

Started last season (2013-Iowa) with Wise a FR redshirt qb (~83 overall). First three games no picks ~65% completions, gets hit and is out for regular season with slight chance of coming back for bowl game.

Replaced by Bullard a So redshirt (~82-83 overall) who can run but not as accurate. First pass he throws is picked. We keep winning, he struggles to complete 55%. I'd have a guy wide open, see it, salivate, and then watch him overthrow the wide open receiver. If I'm lucky the pass hits the ground, if I'm not the safety is playing CF and picks it off. But he's all I've got the guy on the bench is a So with overall ~73. Sitting 8-0 and Bullard goes down for a couple of weeks, shit. At leas I have Coker at HB and he's a beast so I'll try to run my way through the injury time.

Enter Hodge the true So. ~73 overall. Other than running he outperforms Bullard in every way. He's a pocket QB with good accuracy and he takes us to the title game vs Fla. Wise never makes it back so it's all up to Hodge.

We end up losing by 10 but Fla scored late and only had a 3 point lead with us driving and ~3 minutes left in the game. After a 2000 yd rushing season Coker is being stuffed by the Fla defense (#1 in the country against the rush). It's up to Hodge to take us down the field and he's doing it. Bad read on my part and a Fla safety picks off a pass with us threatening to score from inside Fla's 25 yd line. Safety gets a good return and while trying to stuff the run and get the ball back Fla's HB gets through the blitz and goes ~40 yds to make a 3 point game a 10 point game. A little disappointing but nice to see a game I can't almost automatically win. All in all a great game.

3 games into 2014 Wise is back as the starter, Hodge is #2, and I allowed Bullard to transfer without even trying to talk him out of it.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:33 AM   #849
jaygr
H.S. Freshman Team

I made it to my first Championship game, oddly enough in the Fiesta bowl as #2 Uconn vs #1 Oklahoma (how's that for coincidence?). I use the playmaker sliders, which are a good challenge for me so nearly every game has been close and I really feel like I earned the wins. That is the first time I can say that in a football game as usually when I win it all it is on easier settings just so I can experience it.

The game was another close one for me. Our defense just could not seem to stop Oklahoma. I was getting field goals while they were getting TDs. At the end of the third I finally put a drive together to score. But since I had been down by 8, I have to go for 2pts to tie it, and I did not convert.

Fortunately we were able to eventually force them to punt on their next drive and I took over with about five minutes left on the clock. I proceeded to take the ball on a long clock eating drive that took me to about their 5 yard line with me calling a time out with 3 seconds left. I hit a chip shot field good to win the national championship by one point. It as a great way to end a really fun season.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:42 AM   #850
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

For the guys with the under rated outperforming the superior overall...how do the awareness ratings compare?
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote