Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #801
Grover
Pro Starter

Maybe they're just doing it for the facebook attention.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #802
spleen1015
Coordinator

This cracks me up.

Someone I know from HS is heavily involved with the Girl Scouts. Apparently, a couple of her scouts have post an inappropriate picture on facebook. They are both wearing green t-shirts with the Girl Scout logo on them. One is taking the picture through a mirror in a bathroom. You can see the other girl sitting on the toilet, giving a double bird.

So, my friend comments on the picture about how unfortunate it is that they would do this and make the Girl Scouts look so bad. Of course, all of the other women that know these girls have to pile on. One of them goes on and on about how perspective employers wouldn't hire these girls over this incident, it is going to hurt their abilities to have productive lives for a long, long time. Then she suggests that they hack into the girl's facebook account that posted the picture.

I'm cancelling my Girl Scout cookie orders because of it. I wish I could comment on the picture.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #803
Autumn
Head Coach

If there's anything worse than what stupid stuff teenagers post on Facebook, it's when their relatives start commenting about it. "Thanks Aunt Susie, I'll keep your opinion in mind."
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #804
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
I don't even think I could ever find time to post all the messages, but I am friends with a married couple that go into epic fights on FB. I mean truly epicnasty fights which end up in separation. Even their kids and extended family get involved in the mudslinging. This happens about every 3 months.

They always get back together a week later.

Similarly, a former co-worker of mine had a whole bunch of status updates right after the new year stating that her boyfriend cheated on her with her friend, and how they were both pieces of shit, so on and so forth, laying out all of the details of what happened.

A week later? She's tagging him in posts saying how much she loves him.

Congratulations, everyone on Facebook now thinks you're an idiot. If there is the slightest chance you might get back with someone, don't air out all your dirty laundry to FB, because you look stupid the second you're back together
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #805
Blackadar
Retired

After reading this thread, I'm not sure if I'm missing a lot of free entertainment or maddening stupidity since I'm not on Facebook.

Better safe than sorry, I suppose.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #806
StLee
High School Varsity

Quote:
I don't even think I could ever find time to post all the messages, but I am friends with a married couple that go into epic fights on FB. I mean truly epicnasty fights which end up in separation. Even their kids and extended family get involved in the mudslinging. This happens about every 3 months.

They always get back together a week later.

I lost all respect for a 40-something friend who did this bullshit on Facebook with his (now) fiancee. It was like watching teenagers argue over which 90210 star was the best actor.

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:23 PM   #807
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

BRANDON!

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #808
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
BRANDON!

/tk

lol

It's totally Dylan, though.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #809
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If you see hands press like.. If you believe in GOD click" share"

Oh, I see hands alright.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #810
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Geez, that's so old I think I originally saw it on Compuserve.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #811
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Geez, that's so old I think I originally saw it on Compuserve.

I originally saw it on an Etch A Sketch in 82.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #812
Ksyrup

Bucc showed it to me.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 02-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #813
heybrad
Norm!!!

How do you complain to Facebook on Facebook? I'm sure there's a way to change my settings to not see what I'm seeing, but I'm blown away by something I ran across and it's not even someone I'm connected to. I'm friends with my nephew on Facebook (and want that to continue) but for some reason Facebook decided to show me that his friend posted a picture of his just finished shit in the toilet bowl on my nephews wall. My nephew didn't post it so why the hell did Facebook show it to me? Also, does Facebook enforce any standards on what can be posted?

My God... my kids are friends with their cousin and I cringe that they may be seeing the same loaf I had to see.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #814
Rizon
Pro Starter

hey brad
Quote:
Old 02-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #815
Autumn
Head Coach

It's up to your nephew, I think, to modify his settings so that things posted to his wall are public to you or not.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #816
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
It's up to your nephew, I think, to modify his settings so that things posted to his wall are public to you or not.

I think this is true. I had a couple of friends request some settings changes on my end that prevent their stuff from going beyond their friends list.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #817
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
How do you complain to Facebook on Facebook? I'm sure there's a way to change my settings to not see what I'm seeing, but I'm blown away by something I ran across and it's not even someone I'm connected to. I'm friends with my nephew on Facebook (and want that to continue) but for some reason Facebook decided to show me that his friend posted a picture of his just finished shit in the toilet bowl on my nephews wall. My nephew didn't post it so why the hell did Facebook show it to me? Also, does Facebook enforce any standards on what can be posted?

My God... my kids are friends with their cousin and I cringe that they may be seeing the same loaf I had to see.

Did your nephew comment on it? You can however over the "subscribed" button. I do this for everyone I'm friends with, I then un-check "comments and likes" and "games". That way things they comment and like on, as well as any games they play won't show up on my wall.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #818
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
... I'm friends with my nephew on Facebook (and want that to continue) but for some reason Facebook decided to show me that his friend posted a picture of his just finished shit in the toilet bowl on my nephews wall. My nephew didn't post it so why the hell did Facebook show it to me? ....

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I think this is true. I had a couple of friends request some settings changes on my end that prevent their stuff from going beyond their friends list.

In a nutshell why I'm not on Facebook. I have NO desire to invest even the few minutes it would take me to figure out how to set things up so that items are appropriately shared. Especially when most everything I see on FB is garbage. Not to mention garbage I don't care about.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #819
Ksyrup

FB is quickly turning into Myspace, it seems. Just a really cluttered, crappy experience.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #820
Ksyrup

REALLY crappy, in heybrad's experience.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #821
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
REALLY crappy, in heybrad's experience.

Quote:
Old 02-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #822
MJ4H
Coordinator

cant stop laughing
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #823
Autumn
Head Coach

Facebook has a *long* way to go before it's as bad as MySpace.

I just don't really get all the griping about Facebook. It serves millions and millions of people. Expecting it to do exactly what you want out of the box is unrealistic. Clearly millions and millions of people are getting a ton of value out of it, or they wouldn't stick around to gripe about it.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #824
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I'm "liked" certain things and for some reason they don't show up in my stream and I have no idea how to change it.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #825
PilotMan
Head Coach

You can blame terpkristen for this site, but it has to go here. Some really funny stuff in there.

Literally Unbelievable

Here is one example:

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 02-08-2012 at 10:41 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #826
Izulde
Head Coach

Hahahahaha. I don't know why that makes me laugh so hard but it does.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #827
JediKooter
Coordinator

My head hurts after reading that. Why do people spell like that? You're not charged by the letter...

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #828
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

wow, that site is amazing.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #829
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Facebook has a *long* way to go before it's as bad as MySpace.

I just don't really get all the griping about Facebook. It serves millions and millions of people. Expecting it to do exactly what you want out of the box is unrealistic. Clearly millions and millions of people are getting a ton of value out of it, or they wouldn't stick around to gripe about it.

I agree.

I don't get the griping either. I check Facebook a couple of times a day just to see what's going on with people. I've never found it obnoxious or intrusive. It's just sort of what you want to make of it. If someone is posting too much or annoys, hiding their posts has always seemed to rectify that problem.

Then again, maybe I am just lucky with the people I've "friended" there, because I don't see any of the madness that people post on here.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:43 AM   #830
MJ4H
Coordinator

wait was justin bieber cancelled or not
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #831
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I agree.

I don't get the griping either. I check Facebook a couple of times a day just to see what's going on with people. I've never found it obnoxious or intrusive. It's just sort of what you want to make of it. If someone is posting too much or annoys, hiding their posts has always seemed to rectify that problem.

Then again, maybe I am just lucky with the people I've "friended" there, because I don't see any of the madness that people post on here.

Has less to do with the content, and more to do with the interface and clutter.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #832
mckerney
Coordinator

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #833
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Has less to do with the content, and more to do with the interface and clutter.

Doesn't seem too cluttered to me. Especially when compared to MySpace. I only barely ever ventured over to MySpace, but that was just a hot mess. Music played, crazy ass backgrounds, shit everywhere. It was impossible to read certain pages. Just madness.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 02-09-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #834
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post

I don't think people accidentally quoting the Onion will ever get old

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #835
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I don't think people accidentally quoting the Onion will ever get old

SI

Agreed! Too much potential comedy.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #836
bronconick
College Starter

I think my latest pet peeve is the (on my feed) sudden influx of pictures of quotes. Not even the religious ones where there's a quote, and a sunset behind the words or whatever. That's been on for years. These are just random quotes in black and white (because they're too lazy to type them, I guess) and there's half a dozen from a dozen different people a day.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #837
Izulde
Head Coach

I don't think its laziness as much as it is that people will read pictures far more often than they'll read statuses that are quotes.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #838
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
I think my latest pet peeve is the (on my feed) sudden influx of pictures of quotes. Not even the religious ones where there's a quote, and a sunset behind the words or whatever. That's been on for years. These are just random quotes in black and white (because they're too lazy to type them, I guess) and there's half a dozen from a dozen different people a day.

Had to.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #839
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

so, sad and scary story here - a 14-year old kid shot himself during lunch at the local middle school. My friend had a daughter in the lunch room at the time and after a scary hour or so of not knowing what was happening (school was in lockdown) it turned out she was fine...heard the gun, didn't see it happen. She was handling it like a pro and ended up being interviewed briefly by a local news team. her dad posts a link to the story and her interview and the comments were filled with the usual well wishes...

...and this gem:
HE SOULD HAVE NOT TAKING A GUN TO SCHOOL
Old 02-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #840
heybrad
Norm!!!

Valentines Day edition!!! From a girl I went to high school with who does the constant back and forth of, 'my man is great' and 'I don't need a man'.

My kids gave me a great Valentines day that was wonderful ! Needless to say robs on the couch sleeping already I made him breakfast and waiting on him but as for me well ? U guess
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #841
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
so, sad and scary story here - a 14-year old kid shot himself during lunch at the local middle school. My friend had a daughter in the lunch room at the time and after a scary hour or so of not knowing what was happening (school was in lockdown) it turned out she was fine...heard the gun, didn't see it happen. She was handling it like a pro and ended up being interviewed briefly by a local news team. her dad posts a link to the story and her interview and the comments were filled with the usual well wishes...

...and this gem:
HE SOULD HAVE NOT TAKING A GUN TO SCHOOL

That person posting that will not haves taken grammers and spellings badlie.
Quote:
Old 02-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #842
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:

"all you do is post badly grammer and stuffs"
"is your all grammer bad now. come ouy guys please spell check for once you god shake."
Quote:

Last edited by Rizon : 02-14-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #843
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:

and as it turns out he's special needs, so I need to retract my rant
Old 02-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #844
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

(ironically)
Old 02-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #845
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I would imagine there are more pathetic posts on Facebook today than any other day of the year.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #846
Terps
College Prospect

Quote:
"all you do is post badly grammer and stuffs"
"is your all grammer bad now. come ouy guys please spell check for once you god shake."

haha, nice. The old High Heat boards.

Please stop causing problems.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #847
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Isn't the proper usage here "reared?" Lungs raises cattle, but those of us with children rear them?
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #848
stevew
Hall Of Famer

dola, I've been seeing an epic flamewar between dumb people this week. Family arguments(not mine).

Love stuff like this.

stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:35 PM   #849
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Isn't the proper usage here "reared?"

I imagine that "raised" qualifies for at least a colloquialism exception.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #850
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sometimes I just shake my head.

Maybe I'm just being too prudish, but there's something that feels off about a mother posting pics from her daughter's 21st b-day party at the local bar.

I think the part that struck me were the clearly proud parent pics of
a) her daughter with her first legally bought pint of vodka
and
b) a virtual downblouse shot of said daughter's cleavage

Posted by HER MOTHER mind you.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 02-22-2012 at 08:38 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote