Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-24-2010, 01:30 PM   #801
Danny
Head Coach

Haven't been this excited or optimistic about the team in many years.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #802
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Folks, I'd like to apologize for a comment I made recently regarding Matt Millen's ethnicity. In no way did I mean for my comment to be seen as degrading. Matt and I go way back, and he knows that my hatred of him is purely because of his 8 years destroying the Lions, and not for racial concerns.

LOL Pass, so heartfelt-I may cry.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #803
Danny
Head Coach

Oh and Millen is a douche.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #804
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Among the free-fallers at this point probably has to be GT RB Jonathan Dwyer.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #805
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Steelers took him.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:35 PM   #806
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Haven't been this excited or optimistic about the team in many years.

So, what you're saying is that they are looking good in preseason?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #807
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
Steelers took him.

Cool, thx, looks like he was being drafted about the time I posted give or take a couple of minutes.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:37 PM   #808
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
So, what you're saying is that they are looking good in preseason?

Raiders looking good in 6th round of NFL draft
Old 04-24-2010, 02:04 PM   #809
SteveMax58
College Starter

Pretty satisfied with the Giants draft this year. This is the kind of draft I've been wanting them to do for the past few years. Nearly ALL defense. They need new blood in there and stop drafting these half-ass guys with little upside.

Really happy about getting Linval Joseph. I really think he can be a dominant DT against the run...and open up things up for Tuck, Osi, Kiwi, & now JPP on the outside. The 2 LBs look solid and the workout warrior G (45 bench reps) might pan out.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:17 PM   #810
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Why the hell are the Bears drafting a QB when they have needs at every position EXCEPT QB, and have only 5 picks total? You can sign a scrap heap QB after the draft.

edit: Although, to be fair, with Martz + our O-Line, we'll need about 7 QB's to get through the season anyway.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 04-24-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:25 PM   #811
Galaril
Pro Starter

Titans grab Myron Rolle the Rhode Scholar kid that sat out the past season at FSU to go to Oxford.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:30 PM   #812
wade moore
lolzcat

Good News: W&M DE Adrian Tracy gets drafted in the 6th.

Bad News: It's by the Giants. Gonna have a serious dilemma, as a Redskins fan, about buying a Giants jersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:30 PM   #813
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Hah just saw that Al Davis drafted probably the fastest WR he has ever had, and that is saying something, in taking Jacoby Ford in the 4th round...
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:32 PM   #814
Danny
Head Coach

Ford was a good pick. He's an excellent special teams player and can play the slot.

I know it's easy to joke on the Raiders draft usually, but don't think you can do that this year.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:43 PM   #815
Logan
Head Coach

I have to admit that I didn't know "Polack" was considered a derogatory word.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:00 PM   #816
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I don't like Pete Prisco from CBS to begin with...but most of this shit is just awful.

Prisco's Grades: 2010 NFL Draft - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

Giving 6th and 7th round picks D's and F's because there are better choices? Exactly who does he expect to be available then?

And then says "he'll have touble making the team"...isn't that kind of why they are 6th and 7th round picks?
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #817
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I stand corrected. Prisco only graded rounds 1-3, some other jackass grading 4-7.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:19 PM   #818
Radii
Head Coach

Why the hell did Carolina draft Tony Pike??
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:20 PM   #819
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post

I was kinda wondering that same thing myself.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:23 PM   #820
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
I don't like Pete Prisco from CBS to begin with...but most of this shit is just awful.

Prisco's Grades: 2010 NFL Draft - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

Giving 6th and 7th round picks D's and F's because there are better choices? Exactly who does he expect to be available then?

And then says "he'll have touble making the team"...isn't that kind of why they are 6th and 7th round picks?

Yes, this late in the draft you are often just drafting for a player who might fit your system the best or contribute on special teams.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:28 PM   #821
wade moore
lolzcat

And now W&M DT Lissemore to the Cowboys! OOF!

Great for the program to have two players drafted.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 04-24-2010, 03:58 PM   #822
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

See my earlier quote about Clausen
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:16 PM   #823
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

THE LIONS TOOK A WR! YAY!!!
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #824
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Dolphins took a flyer on Austin Spitler, I see. He is a relative of a co-worker of mine.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #825
Galaril
Pro Starter

Wow kind of surprised no one drafted LaGarrette Blount, From Oregon? He was projected a 2or 3rd rounder before his punch out episode. I am sure he get's signed as a UDFA but still seemed a bit harsh.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:59 PM   #826
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

WTF why the hell did Carolina draft Pike today? gawd.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:17 PM   #827
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Wow kind of surprised no one drafted LaGarrette Blount, From Oregon? He was projected a 2or 3rd rounder before his punch out episode. I am sure he get's signed as a UDFA but still seemed a bit harsh.

Very one dimensional player, so unless you plan on having him get some carries he would take up a roster spot without providing anything.

Last edited by Danny : 04-24-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:47 PM   #828
Radii
Head Coach

FWIW, i love the Clausen pick for Carolina. Seems like I'm the only Panther fan around here who does though!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:53 PM   #829
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
FWIW, i love the Clausen pick for Carolina. Seems like I'm the only Panther fan around here who does though!

I over reacted yesterday, but I started researching today and all that jazz for like the 4th time, and I'm not sold on him yet, but I like the Value possibility that we got at that point.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:18 PM   #830
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Donovan Warren of Michigan goes to the Jets - as an undrafted free agent.

Poor guy. I'd say he regrets his move to leave college early, but it's not like Rich Rodriguez could have taught him anything other than how to lose and spread the blame elsewhere.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:53 PM   #831
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I think the USC player who will be the best pro (Anthony McCoy) isn't even off the board yet. Somebody is going to get a steal at this point. Maybe not as good a pass catcher as most of the guys who have gone so far but a good blocker, reliable, tough and great production at the college level. Very surprised he's still on the board and he'll be a starter in the league for a while IMO.

...and he reunites with Pete in Seattle. Really loving this weekend for the Hawks!
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:04 PM   #832
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

I just don't understand the pick. I know they would have drafted a QB anyway given who they have, but if Clausen doesnt beat out Moore for the starting job, it will be almost a wasted pick. Not to mention the fact that they drafted a QB later on in the draft as well. So that's two potential mostly wasted picks if all they end up being is backups/injury replacements. Plus the Clausen pick was their first pick of the draft and they had so many bigger needs than a QB, I'd want my first pick of the draft to fill one of those needs.

And then they traded a 2nd round pick next year for what sounds like a developmental WR-one who's never even played the position I believe? Don't get that at all despite that being their biggest need. At least they drafted two more WR's to get some much needed depth there.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:05 PM   #833
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I just don't understand the pick. I know they would have drafted a QB anyway given who they have, but if Clausen doesnt beat out Moore for the starting job, it will be almost a wasted pick. Not to mention the fact that they drafted a QB later on in the draft as well. So that's two potential mostly wasted picks if all they end up being is backups/injury replacements. Plus the Clausen pick was their first pick of the draft and they had so many bigger needs than a QB, I'd want my first pick of the draft to fill one of those needs.

And then they traded a 2nd round pick next year for what sounds like a developmental WR-one who's never even played the position I believe? Don't get that at all despite that being their biggest need. At least they drafted two more WR's to get some much needed depth there.

I actually am a Big fan of Armanti Edwards (QB @ App. St.) and think he could really be a diamond in the NFL. I think its a decent gamble

Last edited by k0ruptr : 04-24-2010 at 07:06 PM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:07 PM   #834
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
...and he reunites with Pete in Seattle. Really loving this weekend for the Hawks!

Reports out there say that Josh Pinkard, Will Harris, and Jeff Byers will all sign with Seattle as undrafted FA's.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:12 PM   #835
rowech
Pro Starter

I'm really pretty happy with the Bengals draft. I feel like they filled some holes with guys who actually have the potential to fill them. I also always love taking guys from the big schools who have played tough competition instead of guys from super small schools. It's fine to take those small school guys as long as they absolutely dominate their competition every game. Otherwise, give me the big school guys.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:18 PM   #836
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Among the free-fallers at this point probably has to be GT RB Jonathan Dwyer.

The football outsiders guys had him rated highly. Seems like a super steal in the 6th round.

I think that some teams just look at that GT flexbone and throw up their hands in terms of trying to evaluate players from it.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:20 PM   #837
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Somewhere I read that Dwyer tested positive for masking agent, but it had been given a waiver by the NFL. The concern, supposedly, was about the underlying condition for which the masking agent was being used.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:21 PM   #838
Galaril
Pro Starter

Titans just signed Stafon Johnson,RB from USC hope he makes the team.

Last edited by Galaril : 04-24-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:22 PM   #839
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
Donovan Warren of Michigan goes to the Jets - as an undrafted free agent.

Poor guy. I'd say he regrets his move to leave college early, but it's not like Rich Rodriguez could have taught him anything other than how to lose and spread the blame elsewhere.

Doesn't seem like a good fit for him with the Jets already loaded at CB.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:25 PM   #840
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Reports out there say that Josh Pinkard, Will Harris, and Jeff Byers will all sign with Seattle as undrafted FA's.

Yep, done, done, and done.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #841
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Somewhere I read that Dwyer tested positive for masking agent, but it had been given a waiver by the NFL. The concern, supposedly, was about the underlying condition for which the masking agent was being used.

The underlying condition is ADD (has been known about for a long time by Tech folks). Not sure why it would be an issue, there. That said, he had put on weight since his junior year, and some people said he had lost speed because of it. Then he underperformed at the combine (but made up for it at pro day) - he came into the season as a 1st rounder, was expecting 2nd-3rd after the combine, and am stunned at 6th. Great value for the Steelers; which I hate as a Browns fan.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:30 PM   #842
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Must say that the Raiders have impressed. Getting Jason Campbell for a 4th and drafting that LB in the first are the kinds of non-sexy, but solid, moves that turn teams into winners.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #843
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval View Post
The underlying condition is ADD (has been known about for a long time by Tech folks). Not sure why it would be an issue, there.

Yeah, I mean, he's been taking something for it (reportedly) since 5th grade so this isn't exactly something that would seem like a major issue for teams.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #844
wade moore
lolzcat

On the W&M Front:

Vikings sign UDFA QB R.J. Archer

Colts sign UDFA S David Caldwell

Quote:
Old 04-24-2010, 09:46 PM   #845
rjolley
College Starter

Anywhere to get a list of signed UDFAs?

Last edited by rjolley : 04-24-2010 at 09:46 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:54 PM   #846
flounder
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Anywhere to get a list of signed UDFAs?

I've been using this site. I have no idea how accurate it is.

One interesting signing:
Vikings
Ryan Perriloux, QB, JSU
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:01 PM   #847
MacroGuru
Coordinator

BYU's UDFA's

QB Max Hall - Arizona
FB Manasae Tonga - Oakland
TE Andrew George - Carolina

I don't think Max survives in the NFL...Tonga will...he is going to find a team that will use him like the Vikes do with his cousin Tahi.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 04-25-2010 at 12:05 AM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:06 PM   #848
rjolley
College Starter

Thanks for the info.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #849
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Interesting name on the UFA list
Ryan Perriloux, QB, JSU to the Vikings
Old 04-24-2010, 10:31 PM   #850
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Interesting name on the UFA list
Ryan Perriloux, QB, JSU to the Vikings

Has he stated that he expects to win the NFL MVP award as a rookie?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote