Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-01-2006, 06:50 PM   #801
Tyrith
College Starter

Yeah, I definately don't like the way we're reinforcing certain things, like hoops immortality. I fear this game is getting too much about the really good players, as it seems it's the average guy that keeps getting killed.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:50 PM   #802
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA -- After you drop down from cronin, hoops, and blade you essentially have all active players in the 26-50 range. Not a huge range there and not something suggesting anyone is really being quiet at this stage. Quiet players should recieve scrutiny, but I'm failing to see anyone really trying to UTR here. There's quite a record for each player to be examined.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:52 PM   #803
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
Yeah, I definately don't like the way we're reinforcing certain things, like hoops immortality. I fear this game is getting too much about the really good players, as it seems it's the average guy that keeps getting killed.
One could suggest that good players are less likely to get killed since they're good players. I also think you'd recieve some widespread debate about who is a good player. I think everyone agress hoops is, but after that I'm not sure there'd be much consensus.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:53 PM   #804
Tyrith
College Starter

Today, if path turns up good, I think we narrow down to two huge suspects, schmidty and hoops. Hopefully someone will have some good information tomorrow morning.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:59 PM   #805
st.cronin
General Manager

Path is a better vote than hoops, that I'm sure of.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:00 PM   #806
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
Well, I'm out -- 50/50 that I'll be back before lynch. I've already stated my case, and frankly you can do worse than lynching me since I have no role to offer, and maybe you'll be able to catch some clues from it.

Then again, we're also hammering the fact home to bad guys that staying quiet is good unless you're hoops/blade/barkeep and never, ever vote hoops.....especially late.

Good luck, wolves.
Two things...i had people trying to ring my neck for being quiet and im voting for hoops...so outside of that, sure...
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:02 PM   #807
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Path is a better vote than hoops, that I'm sure of.
Cronin, i can quote THIS game when you claimed you were sure hoops was bad, i was bad, one of barkeep, path, and someone else was bad...are we sure sure or cronin/blade sure?

Becuase i see no reason to trust hoopsguy other then lathum, who no one can vouch for, says to...its stunning to me at least why people trust him right now
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:02 PM   #808
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Yeah Blade I'm glad to see you didn't stick with the quiet game strategy. Will give you a piece of advice: If you want to do it, don't announce it, just do it. If someone asks you a question answer it. When you vote give a short explanation. With the exception of you, no one really commented much on my style last game, though part of that was I had to post more then I wanted since I was pretty heavily under the gun.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:03 PM   #809
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Cronin, i can quote THIS game when you claimed you were sure hoops was bad, i was bad, one of barkeep, path, and someone else was bad...are we sure sure or cronin/blade sure?

Becuase i see no reason to trust hoopsguy other then lathum, who no one can vouch for, says to...its stunning to me at least why people trust him right now
No one can vouch for you either and you're not getting any votes. Why be surprised that the credit you're getting is also extending to others?
Old 06-01-2006, 07:04 PM   #810
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I just dont see how a quiet game would be much fun. Maybe its because I dont get to play often, but when I do play, I want to be involved. Its alot more fun to me to try to play CSI: Werewolf.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:05 PM   #811
st.cronin
General Manager

I think if you look over Anxiety's posts, they look pretty suspicious. Tyrith should know this; he's avoided commenting on Anxiety. Both of them have shot up my list today.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 07:06 PM   #812
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
No one can vouch for you either and you're not getting any votes. Why be surprised that the credit you're getting is also extending to others?
Wrong, two players can. Whoever protected me last night, and someone i chatted with on night 0 due to his role.
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 07:08 PM   #813
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Wrong, two players can. Whoever protected me last night, and someone i chatted with on night 0 due to his role.
How can the N0 vouch for what happened last night? And perhaps I shouldn't have said "no one can vouch for you either" and instead said "no one has vouched for you either"
Old 06-01-2006, 07:08 PM   #814
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Is the last part of that new info? or have I completely missed that up till now? Is there someone with the ability to talk to people each night?
Old 06-01-2006, 07:08 PM   #815
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, BK...my story is plausible with what happened last night. Hoops says his role had nothing to do with it. So either you believe my story or someone was converted, where as with hoops its just whatever
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 07:09 PM   #816
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Is the last part of that new info? or have I completely missed that up till now? Is there someone with the ability to talk to people each night?
Its new info...i said i had a friend, didnt say how we were friends. Now you know
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 07:10 PM   #817
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
How can the N0 vouch for what happened last night? And perhaps I shouldn't have said "no one can vouch for you either" and instead said "no one has vouched for you either"
He cant account for what happened last night, but can vouch that i was legit at the start of the game. And yes, the second would have been better.
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 07:10 PM   #818
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Well, it's a little bit like a game of chicken, isn't it? But it's too early to swerve.

At any rate, I'm not sure of hoops in the same way I'm sure of saldana and you. I think he's being a little shifty with his role, which is possibly in order to protect somebody else. But I think he's on our side.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 07:11 PM   #819
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
dola, BK...my story is plausible with what happened last night. Hoops says his role had nothing to do with it. So either you believe my story or someone was converted, where as with hoops its just whatever
I have another option. What if you're blessed. So the spell they tried to kill you with backfired and somehow effected another player? This fits what we know publicly, your story, and even Fozzies comments about how great the night actions would be.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:12 PM   #820
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
He cant account for what happened last night, but can vouch that i was legit at the start of the game. And yes, the second would have been better.
How does someone else having the ablity to n0 message prove you were good? Seems like it just proves they were good. And fine let me officially say "no one has vouched for you either"
Old 06-01-2006, 07:12 PM   #821
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok so I want to play make believe. In my make believe Blade is right and hoops is not the bodyguard. What's his play coming out like this then?
Old 06-01-2006, 07:13 PM   #822
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I have another option. What if you're blessed. So the spell they tried to kill you with backfired and somehow effected another player? This fits what we know publicly, your story, and even Fozzies comments about how great the night actions would be.
Two problems with that, firstly being if i was blessed and it hit some random players, why wouldnt that player have come forward(getting hit by a bolt of lightning is something foz would tell you).

Secondly, and by the key, were the other wolfs comments. He was hunting the wizard, he was out with a purpose, and he saved me. It was quite clear in my PM(whether or not i conveyed that when i paraphrased well enough, i dont know)
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 07:14 PM   #823
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
How does someone else having the ablity to n0 message prove you were good? Seems like it just proves they were good. And fine let me officially say "no one has vouched for you either"
Its part of his role, as he did not select me to speak with. I was chosen by fozzie, random or by choice i do not know
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 07:16 PM   #824
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Two problems with that, firstly being if i was blessed and it hit some random players, why wouldnt that player have come forward(getting hit by a bolt of lightning is something foz would tell you).

Secondly, and by the key, were the other wolfs comments. He was hunting the wizard, he was out with a purpose, and he saved me. It was quite clear in my PM(whether or not i conveyed that when i paraphrased well enough, i dont know)
That's good to know as I defeinitely did not get that from your original paraphrasing.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:16 PM   #825
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

This might explain why that wolf hasn't come forward. If there is a hunter wolf, he may be vulnerable to night actions of the enemy - so, depending on how powerful he is, and how much the enemy knows about him, it may be wise not to come forward.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 07:16 PM   #826
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Ok so I want to play make believe. In my make believe Blade is right and hoops is not the bodyguard. What's his play coming out like this then?
Im not quite sure what your asking, but i assume why is he making this move?

In my mind, its a fozzie game, and like cronin said about hoops protecting me and assuming i knew, if hes a bad guy he assumes either i or the bodyguard saw the wizard attack. Notice his timing, he revealed his role when he had 0 votes on himself and had no information about a bad guy to give.. In some games, people have no idea they were saved, so its possible they are hoping for a 1-1, give up henchman(or wizard, as we dont know if he can be killed right now by lynch) and get the bodyguard. That leaves us SOL late in the game for our seer, and they can basically attack with impunity whoever they want.

It makes sense to me
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 07:18 PM   #827
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
This might explain why that wolf hasn't come forward. If there is a hunter wolf, he may be vulnerable to night actions of the enemy - so, depending on how powerful he is, and how much the enemy knows about him, it may be wise not to come forward.
If he is the wolf boss, actaul bodyguard, or some other multi-use role, a 1-1 trade off is not good enough and he should shut up. Its what im working under, as someone helped me last night and hasnt said a word. That means their role is still powerful, and still useful...which one is the key, as bodyguard dooms hoops, but another could mean we have multi safe roles
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 07:19 PM   #828
Blade6119
Coordinator

I will find you wizard, and when i do, you shall die...thats the best paraphrase i can give to prove he was out with a purpose
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 07:20 PM   #829
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Im not quite sure what your asking, but i assume why is he making this move?

In my mind, its a fozzie game, and like cronin said about hoops protecting me and assuming i knew, if hes a bad guy he assumes either i or the bodyguard saw the wizard attack. Notice his timing, he revealed his role when he had 0 votes on himself and had no information about a bad guy to give.. In some games, people have no idea they were saved, so its possible they are hoping for a 1-1, give up henchman(or wizard, as we dont know if he can be killed right now by lynch) and get the bodyguard. That leaves us SOL late in the game for our seer, and they can basically attack with impunity whoever they want.

It makes sense to me
I think it's too early for a 1-1. But let me think about the idea that he came out when there was no information to give and his head was not on the block.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:22 PM   #830
st.cronin
General Manager

That sounds like a hunter role. Maybe it's a combo hunter/seer role? Maybe he's the only one who can kill the wizard, if he finds him at night? (remember, Foz said a couple of times that the wiz would be hard to kill) And last night he was sniffing you out, and just happened to intervene in the attack?

Just brainstorming here...

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 07:25 PM   #831
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
That sounds like a hunter role. Maybe it's a combo hunter/seer role? Maybe he's the only one who can kill the wizard, if he finds him at night? (remember, Foz said a couple of times that the wiz would be hard to kill) And last night he was sniffing you out, and just happened to intervene in the attack?

Just brainstorming here...

The first comments the wolf made seem to contradict that fact.

along the lines of: No, not this time wizard, i will not allow you to destory my pack!
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 07:27 PM   #832
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

along the lines of: No, not this time wizard, i will not allow you to destory my pack!

I'm not sure how that contradicts it. Supposing the way Foz has it set up, if this character finds the wizard, he can kill him - but if he finds the target of the wizards, he just breaks up the attack. Isn't that about what that wolf might say?

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 07:29 PM   #833
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I will find you wizard, and when i do, you shall die...thats the best paraphrase i can give to prove he was out with a purpose
So another wolf suddenly has new powers because of your being blessed and his having recieved some terrible effect of the spell and is now a hunter role. An alternative explanation.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:30 PM   #834
Tyrith
College Starter

cronin, the reason I haven't been commenting about anxiety is because he hasn't been _doing_ anything. even if he is bad, which seems quite possible, there have to be at least two other baddies, and the only other person being as quiet as he is is ardent.

I think things will become clearer tonight. Our role players had better be out in full force.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:30 PM   #835
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

Sounds like this might even be the faction leader rather then the bodyguard frankly.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:31 PM   #836
Tyrith
College Starter

cronin, the reason I haven't been commenting about anxiety is because he hasn't been _doing_ anything. even if he is bad, which seems quite possible, there have to be at least two other baddies, and the only other person being as quiet as he is is ardent.

I think things will become clearer tonight. Our role players had better be out in full force.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:32 PM   #837
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

That's exactly the reason to go after someone. Quiet players have no track record and can be very hard to pin something on. You can see that even with people doing seemingly conflicting reveals that neither of them may be lynched. In other words even with info we might be completely missing an obvious kill. If we have no info how the heck are we supposed to get somebody?
Old 06-01-2006, 07:37 PM   #838
Tyrith
College Starter

The problem is that while it might be an obvious kill, it will still be an obvious kill later, and he isn't screwing up our votes at the moment. We probably have a bad guy in the active player group and they are certainly fucking up our vote somehow, and that's the biggest threat we have.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:41 PM   #839
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
The problem is that while it might be an obvious kill, it will still be an obvious kill later, and he isn't screwing up our votes at the moment. We probably have a bad guy in the active player group and they are certainly fucking up our vote somehow, and that's the biggest threat we have.

That's very weak. I know you're smarter than that. You and Anxiety are suspects 1a and 1b in my mind right now.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 07:43 PM   #840
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Face it. The possibilities of what Blade's night happenings could be are basically limitless. We could make a case that Blade is lying, we could make a case that hoops is lying, we could make a case that they are both lying.

Frankly, I'm figuring hoops is on the up and up, for the single reason of...if he's not the bodyguard, where is the scream of the Real One? Yes, he might already be dead, but that's low odds.

Blade I already think is kosher. Though he could very well have been converted last night, and this could be his attempt at both a cover story and an attempt to get rid of hoops.

Hellif I know.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:43 PM   #841
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
We went down this path in the Star Wars game where everyone said "Either hoops or barkeep or dubb is evil" and sure enough hoops was evil. I'm actually surprised that this theory hasn't reared its head again.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:45 PM   #842
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Face it. The possibilities of what Blade's night happenings could be are basically limitless. We could make a case that Blade is lying, we could make a case that hoops is lying, we could make a case that they are both lying.

Frankly, I'm figuring hoops is on the up and up, for the single reason of...if he's not the bodyguard, where is the scream of the Real One? Yes, he might already be dead, but that's low odds.

Blade I already think is kosher. Though he could very well have been converted last night, and this could be his attempt at both a cover story and an attempt to get rid of hoops.

Hellif I know.
Well we need to come up with some possiblity on how they're both telling the truth for those of us who think they're both telling the truth. I mean there has to be some explanation because if you believe Blade to be good, and I do, then hoops shouldn't be good, despite the fact that I also believe this. Hence the reason I'm trying to fit the facts into a plausible scenerio. But I admit the more I do this the harder it becomes.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:49 PM   #843
st.cronin
General Manager

I think I said this before, but I think hoops is being fishy with his role, for the purpose of protecting some other player's role that he has sniffed out. I don't actually know what hoop's role is; but I think he's been less than honest with us. Despite this, I think he is on our side.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 07:52 PM   #844
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I think I said this before, but I think hoops is being fishy with his role, for the purpose of protecting some other player's role that he has sniffed out. I don't actually know what hoop's role is; but I think he's been less than honest with us. Despite this, I think he is on our side.
I would agree that KISS, which tends to work pretty well in these games, would suggest that hoops is in fact NOT the bodyguard. The question then becomes what role is he?
Old 06-01-2006, 07:52 PM   #845
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Well we need to come up with some possiblity on how they're both telling the truth for those of us who think they're both telling the truth. I mean there has to be some explanation because if you believe Blade to be good, and I do, then hoops shouldn't be good, despite the fact that I also believe this. Hence the reason I'm trying to fit the facts into a plausible scenerio. But I admit the more I do this the harder it becomes.

It's a Fozzie game. It's entirely possible.

Lessee here....

Blade was NOT attacked last night. Hoops is the bodyguard, but was protecting someone else, and not on the scene. Fozzie likes to give some players night hints/events during his games. With that in mind, Blade got the tap for catching whatever the hell happened last night, possibly a successful conversion, and some action by a 3rd party, likely a leaderesque type.

It's thin. But it could be argued.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:52 PM   #846
Tyrith
College Starter

If everyone is so convinced that anxiety is the man, we have enough votes around to switch it over to him. I'm game, because the path lynch has seemed somewhat weak all day, but we've been stuck in it.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:54 PM   #847
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We went down this path in the Star Wars game where everyone said "Either hoops or barkeep or dubb is evil" and sure enough hoops was evil. I'm actually surprised that this theory hasn't reared its head again.

I want to say another game Blade and hoops faced off like this and it ended up both of them were bad. Maybe I am remembering wrong. I still feel there are several people higher on my list than either of these to vote off.

Right now current votes still are:

Path - Alan T (560), Barkeep (602), Ardent (736), hoops (792), schmidty (794)
Schmidty - Saldana (561)
hoops - Blade (637), path (769), Tyrith (772)
Cronin - Anxiety (676), Coffee Warlord (748)
Anxiety - Cronin (687), Lathum (689)

Thats 5 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 1

Right now two things I am worried about are:

1) Last minute movement that is not in our best interest. (with such a wide vote spread things could change quickly)

2) We arent really learning much about any of the leading candidates.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:01 PM   #848
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I agree we'd be better off with 2 or 3 candidates. However I am not in much of a position to help here.

Cronin you've been around: Are you planning on switching if someone doesn't vote for Anxiety? If so what will determine how you switch?
Old 06-01-2006, 08:05 PM   #849
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I agree we'd be better off with 2 or 3 candidates. However I am not in much of a position to help here.

Cronin you've been around: Are you planning on switching if someone doesn't vote for Anxiety? If so what will determine how you switch?

I will likely be around til the deadline; I don't want a tie, so I will switch to prevent a tie. My trusted players are published, and I will save them with a vote if need be. My suspicious players right now are Anxiety, Tyrith, Schmidty, and maybe Ardent. Anxiety and Tyrith I am more suspicious of than the other two.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 08:07 PM   #850
Tyrith
College Starter

Let's keep this discussion going. Hoops isn't happening tonight.

UNVOTE HOOPS
VOTE ANXIETY