Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2023, 11:34 AM   #8401
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Specifically, it is because she went on national television the next day and said she was raped after the trial didn't not convict him of that. I am not sure how much weight that actually has. Is the contrast from rape to sexual assault really that much more damaging to a reputation? "I didn't rape her, I just sexually assaulted her" doesn't really ring as a great defense. I have attorneys say the big thing on this is because he filed it, he can be compelled to testify on the stand and not just in a deposition. That could be interesting.

From what I've read by legal experts this has zero chance of not being laughed out of court and tossed.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 03:04 PM   #8402
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
From what I've read by legal experts this has zero chance of not being laughed out of court and tossed.
Well, it is a Trump lawsuit. Most of them are. I think this mostly an attempt by him to scare her from continuing her suit, which isn't going to work.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 03:31 PM   #8403
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

What state was it filed in? Some states have strong anti-SLAPP laws to prevent those kind of lawsuits.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 03:38 PM   #8404
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

maybe Hyde should try this
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 04:40 PM   #8405
GrantDawg

It is a Federal suit in Manhattan it looks like. Most articles on this just has no information beyond the sensational stuff.

Edit: Yup. Federal suit in Manhattan.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 06-28-2023 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-30-2023, 04:41 PM   #8406
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Old 06-30-2023, 08:05 PM   #8407
PilotMan
Head Coach

The best people

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 09:13 AM   #8408
Thomkal
Head Coach

Lin Wood, one of the more "wacky" lawyers who worked on the coup, agrees to permanent retirement from working as a lawyer, except for himself, don't use his law farm's information any more, etc in the hopes that it will prevent him from being disbarred. I can think of some more that I would like to see join this list
Old 07-05-2023, 01:54 PM   #8409
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Lin Wood, one of the more "wacky" lawyers who worked on the coup, agrees to permanent retirement from working as a lawyer, except for himself, don't use his law farm's information any more, etc in the hopes that it will prevent him from being disbarred. I can think of some more that I would like to see join this list

Eastman is also looking very likely to lose his law license in California although it doesn't look like it will be officially decided until late august or early september.

Jack Smith also appears to be focused on Giuliani and Sidney Powell. Guiliani met with Jack Smith voluntarily and you have to wonder how hard he threw everyone else under the bus in an attempt to save himself.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 02:00 PM   #8410
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The amount of lives destroyed in servitude to Donald Trump is mind boggling. I truly do not understand how anyone can support him, let alone become part of his orbit until it inevitably becomes their turn to be tossed aside.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 02:37 PM   #8411
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

People are poor at assessing risk. They figure the bad stuff won't happen to them, and in the meantime they can make a lot of bank. In theory.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 02:56 PM   #8412
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

The vast majority of people aiding and abetting Trumpism have suffered no negative consequences. There's a reason you can name the ones who have.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 03:14 PM   #8413
GrantDawg

They also still think they will reascend in power once he is reelected.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 07-05-2023 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-05-2023, 03:43 PM   #8414
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
The vast majority of people aiding and abetting Trumpism have suffered no negative consequences. There's a reason you can name the ones who have.

Agreed. I would say this for anyone in power though. Not just those tied to Trump. Heck, Biden just nominated a war criminal the other day who has suffered no consequences. We have people openly bribing Supreme Court justices.

Trump has been committing crimes for decades. I think it was still a smart bet that committing crimes with him would lead to no consequences. Trump only faces legal consequences because he was dumb and took classified information. It's one of the few things the Feds actually give a shit about.
Old 07-05-2023, 03:44 PM   #8415
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I'd also add that the Bush administration (and even Obama) had far worse people in it. Million or so innocent people dead in the Middle East through their actions. They were filled with war criminals that faced no consequences.
Old 07-05-2023, 03:55 PM   #8416
BYU 14
Coordinator

Money = Power, Power = Impunity
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 04:11 PM   #8417
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I'd also add that the Bush administration (and even Obama) had far worse people in it. Million or so innocent people dead in the Middle East through their actions. They were filled with war criminals that faced no consequences.

Elliott fucking Abrams just got nominated to a board by Biden.
Old 07-05-2023, 08:02 PM   #8418
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

The only way to beat Trump... one-up him!

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 01:17 PM   #8419
GrantDawg

Courts love for people to file claims before anything actually happens.
Old 07-06-2023, 01:38 PM   #8420
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Courts love for people to file claims before anything actually happens.

well the Supreme Curt just set that precedent, so...
Old 07-06-2023, 01:41 PM   #8421
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I was behind a car today that had a Trump 2024 sticker and several Vietnam Vet stickers. I am completely blown away that someone who either enlisted or was drafted to go fight, likely experienced horrors none of us could comprehend, likely saw friends die, etc...could support a guy who got 5 BS deferment for the same conflict, likely sending someone to die in their place, then called POW, MIA, KIA losers.

I will just never understand it.
Old 07-06-2023, 02:25 PM   #8422
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I was behind a car today that had a Trump 2024 sticker and several Vietnam Vet stickers. I am completely blown away that someone who either enlisted or was drafted to go fight, likely experienced horrors none of us could comprehend, likely saw friends die, etc...could support a guy who got 5 BS deferment for the same conflict, likely sending someone to die in their place, then called POW, MIA, KIA losers.

I will just never understand it.
They don't believe he did. If he stood up and said it at a rally, they still wouldn't believe he did.
Old 07-11-2023, 05:00 AM   #8423
GrantDawg

Trump's attorneys overnight have filed a request that no trial date be set for his documents case and that no trial to happen before the 2024 election. What a surprise.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2023, 07:48 AM   #8424
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

When you think about it it's pretty shocking how the GOP is basically indistinguishable from QAnon at this point. Look at what motivates them, the stolen election, pedophile groomers, deep state, Russia, etc. It's all stuff straight out of QAnon of four years ago.
Old 07-14-2023, 08:08 AM   #8425
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

That Caviezel movie is apparently a pretty big hit amongst a certain subset of GOPers.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 08:59 AM   #8426
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
That Caviezel movie is apparently a pretty big hit amongst a certain subset of GOPers.

You mean the one that that very same subset are claiming is being repressed, hidden, put in bad theaters, and generally done wrong by AMC, in spite of just how amazingly popular it is!?

It's always something. There's always a hidden force and agenda holding them back and working against them. People who don't trust anything, who have had their base shattered, and there is no reality they will accept that doesn't include some manner of attack.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 10:06 AM   #8427
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

So I enter sweepstakes online... normally just spend time before bed as it bores me and helps me to fall asleep. The number of ticket giveaways I've seen for this movie is astounding. From what I understand, they're treating where someone buys a shit ton of tickets and gives them out for others to see. Basically the same way every conservative author gets a NYT best seller but no one has ever read it. It's just millions of tickets sold but no one actually in the theaters.

I really wish I had the personality where I felt comfortable bilking these idiots for money like the people they worship. I've had a billion ideas of things to sell them but can't bring myself to be that much of a piece of shit.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 10:12 AM   #8428
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, there's always money in the conservative grift.
Old 07-14-2023, 01:24 PM   #8429
GrantDawg

This seems to happen every so often. A movie that is "faith based" comes out (such as "The Passion of the Christ"). It sells better than expected. The whole religiuos money machine screams how Hollywood is out of touch, and they are going to produce more films focused on value-based issues. They crank out crappy movies that no one watches. The movement dies until the next "faith based" movie does well. Then repeat the cycle.
Old 07-14-2023, 02:55 PM   #8430
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

See also: Act of Valor.
Old 07-14-2023, 03:33 PM   #8431
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

This is a pretty wild thread about some J6 terrorist melting down at court and maybe costing herself more prison time.

Old 07-14-2023, 03:44 PM   #8432
Thomkal
Head Coach

But well enough to try to overthrow the govt
Old 07-14-2023, 04:00 PM   #8433
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

They added a terror enhancement that made the possible time go to 10 years but it looks like the Judge still showed leniency and gave her 6 that the Feds originally recommended in the plea.
Old 07-14-2023, 04:18 PM   #8434
Thomkal
Head Coach

I hope that she gets some mental health treatment in prison
Old 07-14-2023, 04:34 PM   #8435
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Should have given her the ten. These people show no remorse and have learned nothing.
Old 07-14-2023, 04:47 PM   #8436
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Yeah but she's white.
Old 07-14-2023, 05:10 PM   #8437
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

wow she attacked a police sgt with a flagpole. actually struck him and pushed his head against a marble statue. Also screamed "Pelosi, we're comin for you bitch!"
Old 07-14-2023, 05:17 PM   #8438
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh wow this is happoening in REAL TIME folks. The prosecution removed the deal to reduce her sentence. SHe can get 10 years now

She kept glaring at and yelling at specific people in the courtroom. Fox news really did a number on her

I wish she would have demonstrated her operatic abilities by singing her list of grievances
Old 07-14-2023, 05:18 PM   #8439
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/s...39763757891584

go here forlive updates
Old 07-14-2023, 05:20 PM   #8440
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
oh wow this is happoening in REAL TIME folks. The prosecution removed the deal to reduce her sentence. SHe can get 10 years now

She kept glaring at and yelling at specific people in the courtroom. Fox news really did a number on her

I wish she would have demonstrated her operatic abilities by singing her list of grievances

Yeah, the judge went light on it and only gave her 6 years. She also doesn't have to report to prison now for some reason despite her insane rambling and showing zero remorse.
Old 07-14-2023, 05:32 PM   #8441
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Yeah, the judge went light on it and only gave her 6 years. She also doesn't have to report to prison now for some reason despite her insane rambling and showing zero remorse.

yeah

it was still the macimum for her original case so it's not really "light". He just didn't do anything extra because of her outbursts

I don't know why they are coddling these terrorists
Old 07-14-2023, 05:41 PM   #8442
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

heh i'm always late to the party

apologies, rainmaker, you already posted the link
Old 07-14-2023, 05:56 PM   #8443
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

she has a nice dress. It will look great on someone that gets it at goodwill
Old 07-14-2023, 06:23 PM   #8444
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

Maybe people should be "just asking questions" about it?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 07-14-2023 at 06:23 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 06:35 PM   #8445
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Her outburst definitely cost her more time. No one is getting the recommended sentence and he gave it to her. Given her outburst she absolutely should have been sent to prison. How many minorities are rotting right now pending trial because they can’t afford the bond. It’s bullshit.

Not going to go so far as to wish her death, but if she died in prison I wouldn’t she’d a tear.
Old 07-14-2023, 07:52 PM   #8446
GrantDawg

Meanwhile, Trump has gone directly to the Georgia Supreme Court to try to get Fani Wllis removed from his case in Georgia, and have the grand jury finding permanently sealed. His lawyers literally cited a court finding in the case that stipulates what they are trying can be done the way they are trying. It is so obvious he forces lawyers to do what he wants not what is legally required.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2023, 06:09 AM   #8447
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Here's one that shoved a cop and threatened Pelosi with hanging that got 2 years when prosecutors wanted 6 yrs 6 Months.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...nia-sentencing

I guess you guys are right about the opera woman would have got a lighter sentence if she'd kept her trap shut. But really the flagpole thing is total assault, not just a push.

------

Here's the sentencing for one of the first scalers that was the one that pinned the cop against the wall with a riot shield and struck another officer.
Got 7.5 years.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/inves...ficer/3014011/

He argued that his father told him bad info and that he new nothing of the 2020 electionand also argued that he'd never do it again because this type of situation would never happen again.

-----------------

https://abc7chicago.com/kevin-lyons-...tack/13504069/

Yikes, this man got 4 year 3 months but didn't do any assulting of police. He just stole a picture from pelosi that was never found and joked about things a lot.

So yeah compared to the other two above, he got it bad

---------------

This literal butcher got 7 years got throwing a "spear" at police

https://www.abc27.com/news/us-world/...ars-in-prison/

--------------

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/21/u...-sentence.html

This guy got 12 years for being a raving conspiracy theory psychopath....was literally on the warpath, braeking in and destroying things,k instructing others to find "intel" and was a cock in the courtroom to the judge even after sentencing shouted Trump won.

Oh yeah he used a stungun on police.

-----------------

tis the season to be sentenced...

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 07-15-2023 at 06:28 AM.
Old 07-15-2023, 10:22 AM   #8448
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Capitol riot suspect arrested near Obama’s home will remain jailed until trial, judge rules – WATE 6 On Your Side

Well at least one of these guys will stay in jail until the trial
Old 07-15-2023, 10:59 AM   #8449
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

It's still crazy to me that this people literally* tried to overthrow the government and they're all getting sentences less than 10 years, and many less than 5.

To me, the trials should start with the supposition of "so, explain why we shouldn't hang you" and then work back from that.

*in the correct use of the word, no less
Old 07-17-2023, 12:37 PM   #8450
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
It's still crazy to me that this people literally* tried to overthrow the government and they're all getting sentences less than 10 years, and many less than 5.

To me, the trials should start with the supposition of "so, explain why we shouldn't hang you" and then work back from that.

*in the correct use of the word, no less

I agree. I would be totally OK with every one of then being executed.

That being said I think a lot of the sentences are plea deals or lesser charges that are slam dunks.

I'm not an attorney but I suspect treason, etc...would be a lot harder to get a conviction on so they are taking what they can and giving out enough sentences that these people will be locked up until the 2028 cycle and hopefully by the MAGA is a bad memory.

The problem with that is it fuels the fire of people denying this was an insurrection by allowing them to state, correctly, that no one has been charged with insurrection.