Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-01-2021, 09:54 AM   #8101
PilotMan
Head Coach

Currently sitting in the doctor's office with the wife. She had her second shot a week ago, then had monthly allergy and venom therapy shots last Friday. Her initial reactions to the vaccine were fairly minimal, and she would've expected to feel bad from the combination of the other shots, but by Sunday she had broken out in a chicken pox like rash. She hasn't done much but sleep since Saturday. Very little to eat and she can't stay awake long. The rash is continuing to spread and is now becoming painful. I have a feeling it is a reaction to the vaccine, exacerbated by her bodies reaction to the allergy shots. We'll see what the doctor says. Rare cases of shingles have resulted from the Pfizer vaccine, and that is what she had.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 10:05 AM   #8102
Thomkal
Head Coach

Man PM that has to be rough after seeing so many have little/no reaction to the vaccine. Hope they figure out what is causing it and give her some relief.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:19 AM   #8103
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Certainly sounds like shingles, hope she feels better soon.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 12:02 PM   #8104
PilotMan
Head Coach

Thankfully not shingles! Woohoo! The doctor thinks the rash is related to hot tub use (which we didn't have an issue with last year, and only opened it a couple weeks ago) and the other symptoms, exhaustion, dizziness, appetite loss were related to the combination of the seasonal and food allergy, plus venom therapy shots she had late last week. So all in all, good news. She's getting an antibiotic that should help with the rash.

Like Steam?

Old 06-01-2021, 02:11 PM   #8105
Kodos
Resident Alien

Good to hear. Sorry she had to go through shit like that.
Old 06-01-2021, 02:18 PM   #8106
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...otest-77939931

REPORTER: Boss, you won't believe this! A woman intentionally drove through a fucking tent and almost killed a bunch of people. She's being charged with 7 counts of felony endangerment!

EDITOR: Wow. True crime right in our backyard! Do you think we can maybe work "Attempted Murder" into the headline?

REPORTER: Maybe! I'll check! This will be great.

EDITOR: I agree. Oh, I know this goes without saying, but this attempted murderer is black, right?

REPORTER: No, I think she's white.

EDITOR: Oh. I forgot. You're new here. Call it a protest.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 02:36 PM   #8107
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Free beer, other new incentives for Biden’s ‘vaccine sprint’

If this doesn't motivate people to get the vaccine then nothing will.
Old 06-02-2021, 03:16 PM   #8108
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
Im on my 5th sickness since the pandemic started. All upper respiratory. So far all have been COVID negative. But I always mask, wash my had, and really don't go out amongst people, but I still manage to catch colds.
Strange. I have worked in public through this entire pandemic, and have had zero sicknesses. Seasonal allergies at worst, but even they haven't been as bad as normal. I can't remember the last stomach bug I have had.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 05:11 PM   #8109
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Free beer, other new incentives for Biden’s ‘vaccine sprint’

If this doesn't motivate people to get the vaccine then nothing will.

Budweiser isn't incentive.
Old 06-02-2021, 05:13 PM   #8110
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche View Post

It is for the target audience.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 09:22 PM   #8111
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche View Post

If a beer snob dies of the pandemic you won't see me crying.
Old 06-02-2021, 10:11 PM   #8112
molson
General Manager

I'd like to meet the anti-vaxxer who crosses the line for a free coupon for something he can get for $2 at the gas station.

The 10% off any total purchase Albertson's coupon I got had more value.

Last edited by molson : 06-02-2021 at 10:11 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:38 AM   #8113
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I heard an interview recently that said they weren’t really going for the anti vax. They realize those people are a lost cause. They are basically going for the people who have been too lazy up to this point that may need a little incentive. Not that bud would be that.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:53 AM   #8114
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I heard an interview recently that said they weren’t really going for the anti vax. They realize those people are a lost cause. They are basically going for the people who have been too lazy up to this point that may need a little incentive. Not that bud would be that.

Yup. Put aside the vaccinated because you don't need to reach them.

Put aside the anti-vax because they only care about virtue signaling their GOP-ness and reaching out to them only gives them a chance to yell (notice how as masks are going away, they are getting louder about being anti-vax b/c they can't virtue signal by being unmasked anymore).

You are left with a group that has demonstrated a strange response to incentives and/or a lack of access or information. I think that, with these folks, you try anything and everything. Free beer? Sure. Plate of BBQ? Why not. A lottery ticket? Bring it on. Free bus passes for a year? Oh yeah.

When you are trying to reopen an economy worth trillions, you should be willing to spend thousands and millions to do it.
Old 06-03-2021, 08:00 AM   #8115
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

When I was 18-25 I would have 100% dragged my feet getting it, but if I was offered Devils tickets ow whatever I would have been like, fuck it, why not?
Old 06-03-2021, 08:37 AM   #8116
tarcone
Coordinator

My 21 year old daughter hadn't gotten it yet. She finally broke down and got her 1st shot over the weekend. She was just being 21 I think.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:12 AM   #8117
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
If a beer snob dies of the pandemic you won't see me crying.

I'll happily take that title, but, sorry, I'm vaccinated.
Old 06-03-2021, 11:52 AM   #8118
molson
General Manager

If anyone here who hasn't been vaccinated gets vaccinated now, I will buy them 4 beers. Send proof, and I'll send the cash. But you have to post video of you drinking the beers.
Old 06-03-2021, 12:05 PM   #8119
Kodos
Resident Alien

Does it have to be Molson beer?
Old 06-03-2021, 12:09 PM   #8120
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

LOL
Old 06-03-2021, 12:12 PM   #8121
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

Molson Ice.
Old 06-03-2021, 12:16 PM   #8122
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am already vaccinated but if anyone wants video of me drinking 4 beers just let me know.
Old 06-03-2021, 12:19 PM   #8123
molson
General Manager

I'd follow along with that dynasty thread.
Old 06-03-2021, 01:18 PM   #8124
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I'd follow along with that dynasty thread.

I can crush 4 beers in about 20 minutes so it would be a short thread. Granted, I drink Miller Lite...
Old 06-03-2021, 01:30 PM   #8125
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I am already vaccinated but if anyone wants video of me drinking 4 beers just let me know.

You could probably make a Twitch stream of it and get millions of dollars.
Old 06-03-2021, 01:41 PM   #8126
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

The Salty Stay at Home Drunk Dad...
Old 06-03-2021, 02:29 PM   #8127
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
My 21 year old daughter hadn't gotten it yet. She finally broke down and got her 1st shot over the weekend. She was just being 21 I think.
My daughter still won't get it. She fears that they are going to find fertility problems or birth defects down the road. There is really no way to prove that can't happen as much as there is no proof that it will happen.
Old 06-03-2021, 03:11 PM   #8128
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:

Needs hot tub or kiddie pool
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 03:20 PM   #8129
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
My daughter still won't get it. She fears that they are going to find fertility problems or birth defects down the road. There is really no way to prove that can't happen as much as there is no proof that it will happen.

There's more evidence that COVID causes fertility issues than that the vaccine does.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:09 PM   #8130
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
Needs hot tub or kiddie pool

My back yard, complete with inground kiddie pool. Stream goes live tonight at 8!

thumbnail-image1-2
thumbnail-image0-3
upload photo
Old 06-03-2021, 06:26 PM   #8131
thesloppy
Pro Starter

An inground kiddie pool! Now that's how you know you've made it.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:40 PM   #8132
GrantDawg

She has already had Covid, Molson.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2021, 07:26 AM   #8133
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post

If she was pregnant or trying to get pregnant now, I would be cautious too. Wait 9-12 months and see what happens and what other research comes up with.

From CDC. They contradict themselves, they say if you are pregnant you can receive the vaccine but just below that statement they have the below. The question is not whether its safe for the pregnant woman, it's whether its safe for the sperm, eggs, fetus, baby ...

COVID-19 Vaccines While Pregnant or Breastfeeding
Quote:
Limited data are available about the safety of COVID-19 vaccines for people who are pregnant

Based on how these vaccines work in the body, experts believe they are unlikely to pose a risk for people who are pregnant. However, there are currently limited data on the safety of COVID-19 vaccines in pregnant people.

Clinical trials that study the safety of COVID-19 vaccines and how well they work in pregnant people are underway or planned. Vaccine manufacturers are also collecting and reviewing data from people in the completed clinical trials who received vaccine and became pregnant.

Studies in animals receiving a Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, or J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine before or during pregnancy found no safety concerns in pregnant animals or their babies.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 08:01 AM   #8134
Edward64
Head Coach

80 million is a pretty good start. Article didn't discuss how much the US has stockpiled, plans for booster or 3rd shot etc. but overall trust Biden administration that US is covered and these are truly excess.

India has dropped off from the news. A chart shows pretty significant decline in new cases since peak around May 7.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/cor...2795f430a59e5d
Quote:
The US will distribute 25 million Covid vaccines as part of an initial tranche of the 80 million doses President Biden has pledged to share internationally, the State Department’s coordinator for global Covid-19 response and health security, Gayle Smith, said in a call with reporters Friday. She offered no timeline for the vaccines’ delivery.

The US will distribute 25% of that first tranche bilaterally, Smith said.

“It gives us greater flexibility and as we’ve seen there are a lot of pop-ups and flares in this pandemic and we want to be able to move vaccines on an urgent basis if needed,” Smith said. She added that the “current expectation” is that the vaccines would be produced by AstraZeneca.

The remaining 75% of the first tranche of US vaccines will go to COVAX, the international group focused on the global vaccine distribution, Smith said, and added that the Biden administration has “identified the countries we want these vaccines to go to.”

Roughly 6 million doses will be distributed across Latin America, including the Caribbean, 7 million will go to South and Southeast Asia, and 5 million to Africa, Smith said.

“This is the first round, this is just the beginning,” said Smith. She was not able to say when the 55 million doses that make up the total 80 million vaccines would be delivered.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 06:57 AM   #8135
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Novavax Phase 3 just ended with > 90% efficacy.

Probably not a huge deal in the United States b/c we aren't lacking supply.

But worldwide, this is great news. And, IIRC, this is one of those that does not need to be frozen, so it can be distributed more easily around the world.
Old 06-14-2021, 07:13 AM   #8136
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

With the Delta variant (and other variants) coming, it seems like the next step for the US will be to get approval for <12 and figure out booster shots ASAP.

And I get the sense that we are working hard on both of those fronts to get the safety/science done so we can approve both of those.

I wonder how or if public opinion toward anti-vaxxers will change once those two things happen.

Right now, anti-vaxxers are still a problem because so many of us have unvaccinated kids. Speaking personally, once all of my kids are vaccinated, then I really don't care about whether others are vaccinated or not. You want to own the libs by increasing your risk of Long COVID and brain fog? Sure. Seems silly. But it is no longer my business.

And then, somewhat ironically, once liberals stop caring about whether conservatives are vaxxed, I imagine that the appeal of remaining unvaxxed goes away. Alexander wept because there were no more libs to own or something like that.

So you will see a lot of folks who were loud anti-vaxxers quietly get vaccinated over the next few years.
Old 06-14-2021, 07:56 AM   #8137
tarcone
Coordinator

Or they die off.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:12 AM   #8138
Kodos
Resident Alien

My daughter got her second shot yesterday, so in a couple of weeks, my entire family will officially be fully vaccinated. It's nice.

I do still care that others get vaxed though. There are immuno-compromised people who can't get the vaccination. We need herd immunity to help those people out.
Old 06-14-2021, 09:03 AM   #8139
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

And so that is not still going around when I'm getting closer to my booster shot.

Also, why are these people worried that keys and what not will stick to you. If love to never have to search for my keys again. Couldn't they have put an NFC chip in there too so I don't have to carry around my wallet?
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 11:17 AM   #8140
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
And then, somewhat ironically, once liberals stop caring about whether conservatives are vaxxed, I imagine that the appeal of remaining unvaxxed goes away. Alexander wept because there were no more libs to own or something like that.

So you will see a lot of folks who were loud anti-vaxxers quietly get vaccinated over the next few years.

This is where I'm at. All of us had Covid, we're now all vaccinated against Covid. We just spent the week in Hilton Head, and South Carolina is the leading bastion of "what's Covid?" and we didn't care if we wore masks or not. If you looked around, maybe 5% of people wore them, and given that the US is only at ~40% vaccinated there are likely a lot of liars. The vast majority in KY are also "completely vaccinated" now too, judging by behavior.

It is what it is, but at this point, idgaf about whether or not they get sick and die on their own. I asked my dad a few months ago about his and his wife's plans, but I got a bullshit answer and I'll never ask again.

The person I am worried about is my wife's grandfather. His daughter is in charge of him, he just turned 90, and she's about 70 and she is not interested at all in getting it, therefore he isn't getting it. He doesn't deserve that.

Otherwise, I'm more than happy to ditch the mask where I can and have confidence that I'm going to be ok.

Like Steam?

Old 06-14-2021, 11:21 AM   #8141
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I just heard on the radio today 5 states are under 50% vaccinated. Tenn, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, and Wyoming. Shocking I know.

Every state that voted Biden is over 65% and every state that voted Trump in under 65%.
Old 06-14-2021, 12:01 PM   #8142
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
With the Delta variant (and other variants) coming, it seems like the next step for the US will be to get approval for <12 and figure out booster shots ASAP.

And I get the sense that we are working hard on both of those fronts to get the safety/science done so we can approve both of those.

I wonder how or if public opinion toward anti-vaxxers will change once those two things happen.

Right now, anti-vaxxers are still a problem because so many of us have unvaccinated kids. Speaking personally, once all of my kids are vaccinated, then I really don't care about whether others are vaccinated or not. You want to own the libs by increasing your risk of Long COVID and brain fog? Sure. Seems silly. But it is no longer my business.

I still can't get over the "You people need to give Trump all the credit for how fast we got a vaccine no one really needs and I'm not going to take" pivot. I imagine if you tried to visual it, it would look like Elaine Benes dancing.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 12:46 PM   #8143
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just heard on the radio today 5 states are under 50% vaccinated. Tenn, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, and Wyoming. Shocking I know.

Every state that voted Biden is over 65% and every state that voted Trump in under 65%.

The correlation between Biden vote share and vax rate is now .85.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:21 AM   #8144
whomario
Pro Starter

Thank god for Vaccines, becaue we would not have managed otherwise long term:

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 11:46 AM   #8145
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I've joked about people not understanding the germ theory of disease.

But, really, do people just not understand how disease is spread? Is this simply a failing of middle school biology classes?
Old 06-16-2021, 01:27 PM   #8146
cuervo72
Head Coach

Maybe they assume everybody reads out loud?
Old 06-16-2021, 04:37 PM   #8147
whomario
Pro Starter

My friend who worked on one before admittedly just told me that the a big issue for cruises is Norovirus (aka the "well, at least my cabin has a pretty toilet, even if it's cramped" virus) and this does spread via surfaces, though why books would be a bigger issua than a mio other surfaces is another question
Though that still doesn't explain doing that now of all times unless you wanna seem proactive re: Coronavirus (without actually acomplishing anything) and leaves me able to keep my exasperation intact
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 06-16-2021 at 04:39 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:40 AM   #8148
Castlerock
High School Varsity

If you and your whole family were fully vaccinated, would you go on a cruise now? Throughout this, I said you would not get me back on a cruise ship for a long time. Now I'm not so sure.
Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:23 AM   #8149
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

A library is the kind of thing that a cruise ship has to look nice, but no one actually cares about. It's like the vegetables at an all you can eat buffett.

It would not shock me if no person has ever made a decision to cruise or which company to use based on the library.

So COVID gives them an excuse to get rid of it without looking "anti-book" or whatever.

And they can replace it with foosball tables or something.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:05 AM   #8150
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

We were supposed to go on an Alaska cruise last year. We put it off, then got our money back and invested in a nice new covered porch. We still absolutely want to do that cruise, but I'm guessing it will be 2024 at the earliest before we get on a boat.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote