Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: How is Obama doing? (poll started 6/6)
Great - above my expectations 18 6.87%
Good - met most of my expectations 66 25.19%
Average - so so, disappointed a little 64 24.43%
Bad - sold us out 101 38.55%
Trout - don't know yet 13 4.96%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #8051
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace1914 View Post
In other news, looks like Las Vegas is mad at Obama...again.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama_las_vegas

You would think someone would tell Obama at some point that Nevada was a key win for him during the election. Reid sounded pretty pissed about Obama's statement. He's got to be tired of Obama tossing his home state under the bus when he's fighting to be reelected.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:43 AM   #8052
ace1914
High School Varsity

Ok, maybe I shouldn't say required. However, if I want decent healthcare, I do pay through an increased premium. More risk in the group, the higher my premium.
ace1914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #8053
ace1914
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
You would think someone would tell Obama at some point that Nevada was a key win for him during the election. Reid sounded pretty pissed about Obama's statement. He's got to be tired of Obama tossing his home state under the bus when he's fighting to be reelected.

I think that's trash. He's not saying something that isn't true. People are complaining about not having jobs, but yet they should go splurge in Vegas? We'll never maintain our #1 status with that attitude.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:51 AM   #8054
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
You would think someone would tell Obama at some point that Nevada was a key win for him during the election.

Well, which is it MBBF? Earlier you were complaining that Obama was acting like he was still in campaign mode, and now you are complaining that he isn't?

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #8055
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Yeah, I don't see the problem with what Obama said. At some point, we need to start hammering home the idea of personal responsibility when it comes to finances (heck, we should be going the same to the gov't). If that means the gambling community or pay day loan shops get their panties in a bind, so be it.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:53 AM   #8056
molson
General Manager

"When times are tough, you tighten your belts," Obama said, according to a White House transcript of his appearance Tuesday at a high school in North Nashua, N.H.

"You don't go buying a boat when you can barely pay your mortgage," Obama said. "You don't blow a bunch of cash on Vegas when you're trying to save for college. You prioritize. You make tough choices."

He's definitely right about that - though I don't think the words are ever supported by actions. When is the federal government going to make tough choices and tighten their belt? We saw criticism two pages ago (and I'm sure elsehwere on the internet) about a city trying to make tough choices.

So which is it?

(I do understand where the Nevada governor is coming from, when he said that Obama seems to have a "psychological hang-up" of using Las Vegas as an example of excessive spending).

Last edited by molson : 02-03-2010 at 10:59 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:03 AM   #8057
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Yes, it's our culture and the history of freedom in all choices we have. The Japanese haven't had fast food joints on every corner for the past 30 years. Their culture involves more focus on preparing fresh food and cooking meals. Our culture is an instant gratification one that wants to drive through a taco bell or McDonalds each night so that we don't have to cook and miss our favorite prime time TV show.

The same goes with many places in Europe that focus on street side markets, daily grocery shopping and preparing their own meals.
I think this notion that every person who picks up McDonalds is just some lazy bum who doesn't want to cook is a bad stereotype. Obesity is more preveland in poorer people in this country and can be attributed to having less time to cook based on having to work longer hours or lack of money. It's just much cheaper to eat unhealthy stuff.

Quote:
Education is fine, but it's not enough. That's like saying we can end crime in inner cities by simply improving the "crime is bad" education in local schools and boys clubs in those cities. We need to change our priorities to value preparing and using fresh food (and taking more time to make dinner) instead of just grabbing fast food because we're too tired/don't want to cook. It's ingrained in our culture and priorities right now.
If you ask the average person basic health facts regarding food, they won't know what the hell is going on. Ask the average 20 year old if drinking a lot of water will make them gain weight. Or if almonds are bad because they contain a lot of fat. As a society we have been told bad information for the last few decades. That fat is bad and the less a product has of it, the healthier it is.

Quote:
Honestly, the only way to change it is to penalize people who are obese. Maybe charge a higher health insurance rate if you have a BMI over a certain number. I know it's not fair and many people have legitimate issues that cause their obesity, but unless people pay more for their health care - they won't care about changing it.
I don't know about that. No one wants to be overweight. They may not have the motivation to fix it or the skills to do so, but they don't celebrate it. I think access to programs that educate and support people in weight loss is important. The Jenny Craig's of the world have been succesful in part due to their group aspect that offers support.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:05 AM   #8058
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My bad. Thought Grace was part of that lineup.

I would disagree with your characterization that there are no news shows on MSNBC and 2 on Fox. All of those shows deal directly with the current news. Just because there is some opinions voiced in regards to that news doesn't mean that they don't cover news.
It's still different. You don't turn to the editorial page of a newspaper for your news. You turn to it for entertainment and to read perspectives on the news. I think people today are finding out what is going on in the world through the internet. I didn't find out Michael Jackson died by watching the nightly news, I found out because the internet exploded.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #8059
ace1914
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
"When times are tough, you tighten your belts," Obama said, according to a White House transcript of his appearance Tuesday at a high school in North Nashua, N.H.

"You don't go buying a boat when you can barely pay your mortgage," Obama said. "You don't blow a bunch of cash on Vegas when you're trying to save for college. You prioritize. You make tough choices."

He's definitely right about that - though I don't think the words are ever supported by actions. When is the federal government going to make tough choices and tighten their belt? We saw criticism two pages ago (and I'm sure elsehwere on the internet) about a city trying to make tough choices.

So which is it?

(I do understand where the Nevada governor is coming from, when he said that Obama seems to have a "psychological hang-up" of using Las Vegas as an example of excessive spending).

So it would be better if he used Atlantic City? My pops and I, refer to gambling as an idiot tax. Sin City is the most well known place to pay the idiot tax. There was nothing wrong with Obama's statement.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:08 AM   #8060
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Well, which is it MBBF? Earlier you were complaining that Obama was acting like he was still in campaign mode, and now you are complaining that he isn't?

Quote:

So which is it?

Agreed. His words fall on deaf ear when compared to his actions. At this point, he might as well return to the campaign chatter of 2008 because when he starts pretending to care for citizen, no one believes him.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #8061
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
So it would be better if he used Atlantic City? My pops and I, refer to gambling as an idiot tax. Sin City is the most well known place to pay the idiot tax. There was nothing wrong with Obama's statement.

Some would argue that the largest idiot tax is being run up in Washington D.C. by the same guy who believes that the citizens are the irresponsible ones.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #8062
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

So which is it?

The government has always been a bunch of hypocrits when it comes to that stuff. I love how they say that we need to start saving and being smart with our money but then put out massive credits for buying new homes and cars.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #8063
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Nancy Grace is not on CNN. Larry King makes up one hour of television a night for the network.

From 5pm-Midnight, CNN runs news programs 6 of the 7 hours (with the exception of Larry King). Fox News has a news program for 2 of the 7 hours, while MSNBC runs 0 news shows in those 7 hours.

burnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Old 02-03-2010, 11:14 AM   #8064
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Some would argue that the largest idiot tax is being run up in Washington D.C. by the same guy who believes that the citizens are the irresponsible ones.

And yet, he's a really nice guy, right?
Old 02-03-2010, 11:17 AM   #8065
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What do you believe should be cut to curb the deficit? We saw the massive graph on the previous page showing where the majority of our spending was going.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:17 AM   #8066
ace1914
High School Varsity

Quote:

So which is it?

Federal financial responsibility will only come about if personal responsibility is applied by the majority of Americans. I agree that Colorado Springs is doing the right thing for themselves and in a small way, for the country.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:20 AM   #8067
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
And yet, he's a really nice guy, right?

Sure. You can be a lousy decision maker and still be a nice guy. I'm not sure the two are mutually exclusive.

He and I could have a beer summit and likely have a very good time.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:21 AM   #8068
ace1914
High School Varsity

Quote:

When the average household carries $8000 in debt, I'd agree that we are pretty irresponsible. Don't blame government for that.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:22 AM   #8069
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
What do you believe should be cut to curb the deficit? We saw the massive graph on the previous page showing where the majority of our spending was going.

Show me a deficit that you believe can't be reduced and I'll show you a bigger blowtorch. Nothing is easy, but much like the 'too big to fail' saying, there's no deficit that can't be turned around. It'll be awfully painful, but it's important to do so.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:23 AM   #8070
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
At the city/state level, it's not about choosing whether to cut, its about choosing what to cut.

Maybe they should have cut teachers instead of police. Or more firefighters instead of the budget for flowers. That's the balancing act.

What city or state out there has made up their entire budget shortfall through increased taxation?? Definitely not San Francisco, or Massachusetts. Everybody's cutting.

It sucks, but I would definitely cut the flower budget before I cut a lot of other things. If people are concerned about property values, they can definitely take maintenance into their own hands to some extent. They can't replace other services as easily.
I understand that, I'm just saying that on the surface something like flowers or watering grass could seem like a luxury expense that a city doesn't need. But if that city relies heavily on tourism in those areas or people coming in to town to shop, that could take off a large chunk from future sales tax earnings in the area and cause an even bigger shortfall the following year.

Remember that Colorado Springs is in this crunch because their sales tax earnings have tanked in the last year. And these "bastions of conservatism tried to triple the property taxes in the area".
Old 02-03-2010, 11:24 AM   #8071
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Show me a deficit that you believe can't be reduced and I'll show you a bigger blowtorch. Nothing is easy, but much like the 'too big to fail' saying, there's no deficit that can't be turned around. It'll be awfully painful, but it's important to do so.
Ok, so what would you like to see cut?
Old 02-03-2010, 11:27 AM   #8072
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:

BIGGER BLOWTORCH

Don't you get it??? Or are you just whistling in the graveyard...............
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:29 AM   #8073
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
When the average household carries $8000 in debt, I'd agree that we are pretty irresponsible. Don't blame government for that.

No one's blaming the government for personal responsibility. But when the head of that government takes shots at people while his government is running up a debt that now totals $45,000/citizen, he and the other politicians responsible have little room to talk about financial sensibility. If our country was run better, people would be able to keep more of their money and maybe they wouldn't have to carry so much debt.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:33 AM   #8074
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

For starters.....

No stimulus
No TARP (and if anything is left pay off debt)
Health care where obesity is taxed
No care to illegal aliens without payment
Government welfare
Across the board cut of Social Security with a higher retirement age
Defense cuts

I could go on and on. It's painful as hell, but people need to stop pretending that changes can't happen.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:34 AM   #8075
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No one's blaming the government for personal responsibility. But when the head of that government takes shots at people while his government is running up a debt that now totals $45,000/citizen, he and the other politicians responsible have little room to talk about financial sensibility. If our country was run better, people would be able to keep more of their money and maybe they wouldn't have to carry so much debt.
Most of that debt was put in place by the last 3 Republican Presidents. Stop pretending that Obama created this debt and long list of bills that we can't get out of it.

If you knock out the cost that we pay for interest on the deficit that the last 3 Republicans ran up, he's probably got a surplus.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #8076
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

This is amazing ; according to a Research 2000 poll,, 73% of Republicans (self-identified) believe that openly gay teachers should not be allowed to teach. Just wow.

Can this kind of idiotic bigotry seriously be status quo? Are these people that retarded?

Why I Am Not a Republican | Capital Gains and Games
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:39 AM   #8077
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Most of that debt was put in place by the last 3 Republican Presidents. Stop pretending that Obama created this debt and long list of bills that we can't get out of it.

If you knock out the cost that we pay for interest on the deficit that the last 3 Republicans ran up, he's probably got a surplus.

Reread my post and show me where I didn't include the other parties responsible, which included ALL politicians. Don't let your political slant get in the way of understanding my post. I've said plenty about Bush's spending already. It was brutal. I just never thought that Obama would make Bush's deficit spending seem small.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 02-03-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #8078
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
For starters.....

No stimulus
No TARP (and if anything is left pay off debt)
Health care where obesity is taxed
No care to illegal aliens without payment
Government welfare
Across the board cut of Social Security with a higher retirement age
Defense cuts

I could go on and on. It's painful as hell, but people need to stop pretending that changes can't happen.
The stimulus is still an extremely small part of the budget. I will give you that though.

TARP was by many economists necessary to save our financial system and ensure we didn't fall into a massive depression. Regardless, most of the major financial institutions have paid back the money and many experts predict it will lose very little, break even, or turn a profit in the long run. TARP is more of a moral hazard than adding anything to our deficit.

Illegal aliens are such a small percent of our total budget that even eliminating giving them basic care would not save this country much at all. You're going to have to look much farther to save money than tired talking point.

The rest of the issues are something he really can't make happen. There is no fucking way that any Congress would ever pass bills massively cutting those programs. Your issue here is with Congress, not the President. Not to mention the insanity of telling a bunch of people that have prepared for Social Security or set their lives around their checks will now have to stop getting checks and wait another 5 years.

The biggest costs to this country are not areas the President will ever have an ability to cut without massive changes in Congress. Unless the Libertarian Party suddenly becomes the party of choice of the people, you'll never see this happen.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #8079
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
This is amazing ; according to a Research 2000 poll,, 73% of Republicans (self-identified) believe that openly gay teachers should not be allowed to teach. Just wow.

Can this kind of idiotic bigotry seriously be status quo? Are these people that retarded?

Don't want my boy catchin' queer from them teachers... or worse yet, AIDS!
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:48 AM   #8080
lungs
Pro Rookie

dola Though I don't pretend homophobia is only a Republican phenomenon.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:52 AM   #8081
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Reread my post and show me where I didn't include the other parties responsible, which included ALL politicians. Don't let your political slant get in the way of understanding my post. I've said plenty about Bush's spending already. It was brutal. I just never thought that Obama would make Bush's deficit spending seem small.
I have no political slant. I don't care about parties. I don't like Obama's spending at all. I just don't like hypocrites.

But the notion that this is all his fault is laughable. Major recessions have huge impacts on revenues coming in. The overwhelming majority of his budget is in areas that were put in place by previous administrations that he has little control over cutting. You can't shut down Medicare, Social Security, Defense Department, or paying interest on your debt. Our deficit problem is so much deeper than a President coming in and spending more money that many economists believe is the smart thing to do during a recession.

There just isn't a lot that can be cut by a President without Congress passing massive reform in Social Security, Medicare, and Defense. Things that will never happen.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:00 PM   #8082
ace1914
High School Varsity

The president doesn't vote on a budget. Get your congressperson's ass in gear if you are truly looking for "federal financial responsibilty." That's why i agree with the Colorado Springs local goverment. You can't really believe that things will change on a federal scale without implementing change locally or on an even smaller scale, personally. A bigger blowtorch will not work. However millions of small ones will. Damn I sound like a politician maybe I should run for office. What are the odds that another black man is elected president?

Last edited by ace1914 : 02-03-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #8083
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:

where were your posts during the bush era? seriously just a few links will do and Ill shut up.

...and what Rainmaker said 2 posts above. Oh, and BTW, you were and are wrong about TARP.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 02-03-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #8084
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

seriously. typical Republican MO - run up a massive deficit then let a Democrat get elected and heckle them while they try to fix it, shifting the blame for it onto them.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:09 PM   #8085
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

yes
Old 02-03-2010, 12:10 PM   #8086
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have no political slant. I don't care about parties. I don't like Obama's spending at all. I just don't like hypocrites.

But the notion that this is all his fault is laughable. Major recessions have huge impacts on revenues coming in. The overwhelming majority of his budget is in areas that were put in place by previous administrations that he has little control over cutting. You can't shut down Medicare, Social Security, Defense Department, or paying interest on your debt. Our deficit problem is so much deeper than a President coming in and spending more money that many economists believe is the smart thing to do during a recession.

There just isn't a lot that can be cut by a President without Congress passing massive reform in Social Security, Medicare, and Defense. Things that will never happen.

what he said.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #8087
molson
General Manager

Quote:

A think a lot people think of Sacha Baron Cohen's Bruno character when they imagine a gay person. Or child molesting priests.

Last edited by molson : 02-03-2010 at 12:18 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #8088
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Obama (under his breath): "Hey, Harry, this is for your part in screwing up health care"

And, on the next campaign stop: "I don't want all of America to be redneck hicks like people in Montana, Nebraska, and Arkansas."

"And I don't even know what to think about crazy idiots from Connecticut. They're the worst drivers in the world! And they like to eat puppies and kick kittens."

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:20 PM   #8089
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What are the odds that another black man is elected president?

It's happened before

SI

Old 02-03-2010, 12:20 PM   #8090
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
CNN actually went to try and cover news in January which is suicide for a cable "news" network.

This is like that thread about the History Channel and, yes, I still can't get over that there's a show called "Punkin' Chunkin'" where people demonstrate their ability to blow up pumpkins on the increasingly misnamed Science channel.

SI

Old 02-03-2010, 12:24 PM   #8091
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

LOL, I thought the Punkin Chunkin was just a joke in the Onion article. I didn't know it actually existed.

Punkin Chunkin : Science Channel
Old 02-03-2010, 12:24 PM   #8092
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
A think a lot people think of Sacha Baron Cohen's Bruno character when they imagine a gay person. Or child molesting priests.

This is true with a lot of bigotry. I had a great uncle from Texas that hated Mexicans except his favorite person was his Mexican home healthcare assistant. He made it clear she wasn't like the other Mexicans.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:27 PM   #8093
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Okay - is that a justification in any way? I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, because that reads as a quasi-defense.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #8094
Flasch186
Coordinator

HArdball last night, Chris Matthews has a guy on who was against repealing DADT and in the end he got the guy to admit that he wanted Homosexuality outlawed. It was awesome. Chris Matthews will sometimes just hit 'em out of the park....then other times he says dumbass shit.

http://video.aol.co.uk/video-detail/...ell/1713043106

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 02-03-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:38 PM   #8095
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

So wait, Obama is not at fault for the debt, his Congress is, but Republican presidents are responsible for the debt prior to this? Which is it, Congress or the President?

FWIW, I blame Congress in all these cases.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:38 PM   #8096
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Okay - is that a justification in any way? I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, because that reads as a quasi-defense.
I think you can make a defense for many for their lack of understanding of homosexuality. In some parts of the country, there just aren't a lot of openly gay people and most stay closeted. They get their impression of gays strictly through entertainment like Sasha Baron Cohen or the news which covers a gay pride parade.

There is an element of fear of the unknown. I guarantee that a lot of people would change their impressions once they had experience with people who are gay. Once you realize they are basically the same as everyone else with different sexual attractions.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #8097
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:

The best part about this is that when such an initiative came up as potential legislation (as a ballot initiative in California in 1978), among the people who opposed it was that well-known liberal Ronald Reagan.

Quoth the Great Communicator: "Whatever else it is, homosexuality is not a contagious disease like the measles. Prevailing scientific opinion is that a child's teachers do not really influence this."

I guess this really isn't your father's GOP.

Last edited by flere-imsaho : 02-03-2010 at 12:44 PM.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #8098
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
But the notion that this is all his fault is laughable.

Again, I never said it was all his fault. Congresses and presidents in recent years are just as much to blame.

What will happen and what should happen are two different things.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #8099
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
So wait, Obama is not at fault for the debt, his Congress is, but Republican presidents are responsible for the debt prior to this? Which is it, Congress or the President?

FWIW, I blame Congress in all these cases.
It's both. A President has every right to veto a budget till it comes back to something he approves of. I'm saying that right now, the major reforms that need to take place would have to take place in Congress which will never happen. There is no Congress that will ever target Seniors who are a massive voting block. So any President in power has his hands tied on a large portion of the budget.

I do blame previous administrations and Congresses for running up the massive debt and causing our politicians today to have to try and put together budgets with all these entitlements and a ton of interest to pay on top of it. Most of our budgets right now would not be adding to the deficit if we had been fiscally responsible in the 80's and early 90's.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:45 PM   #8100
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Look at this chart from the CBO. It shows a deficit line based on continuing the status quo and a line based on Obama's budget projections.

You can argue that Obama isn't doing enough to reduce the deficit if you'd like, but there's no basis to argue that Obama is making the deficit worse.