Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-18-2015, 11:07 AM   #751
Easy Mac

For some reason, there are 4 old guys wearing confederate soldier garb and waiving around large confederate flags outside my office building. Not sure if they're protesting the Republican forum down the block or what. I did hear Ben Carson was coming to eat at the member restaurant upstairs, so maybe they're just old racist white guys.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:27 PM   #752
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
I bite my tongue hard because for 37 years I was the guy that would get pissed off when someone would say "Well you really wouldn't understand unless you have kids". And I still agree parents hide behind this excuse for a lot of things. However I think a few of the posters on here without kids are clearly ignoring what we are saying and creating their own narrative just because they think we are overprotective parents...

This is the only thing I took issue with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Trump is right about the idea of spreading the other vaccines out and not necessarily needing all of them.

This is just spreading false information. There is zero scientific evidence that shows spreading out the vaccines is the right thing to do. In fact, the scientific evidence points the other way.

Now if it makes you feel better to do that with your child that's fine. The added risks are minimal. It gives you piece of mind. Just don't treat that decision as scientifically sound like you were.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:33 PM   #753
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
For some reason, there are 4 old guys wearing confederate soldier garb and waiving around large confederate flags outside my office building. Not sure if they're protesting the Republican forum down the block or what. I did hear Ben Carson was coming to eat at the member restaurant upstairs, so maybe they're just old racist white guys.

They may be declaring war against the union.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:42 PM   #754
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Odds that Anti Muslim guy at the Trump rally was a paid plant? Smells like a Bush move
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:16 PM   #755
Thomkal
Head Coach

Seems like the right place for this given many of the Candidates position on Planned Parenthood. Looks like the House has voted to defund them for a year. As a gay man, I've not really paid any attention to this story at all, so curious your thoughts on PP-are those videos they keep talking about for real? do they sell baby parts?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:18 PM   #756
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Seems like the right place for this given many of the Candidates position on Planned Parenthood. Looks like the House has voted to defund them for a year. As a gay man, I've not really paid any attention to this story at all, so curious your thoughts on PP-are those videos they keep talking about for real? do they sell baby parts?

Some facts for consumption.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...d-controversy/

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:21 PM   #757
miked
College Starter

It's odd because they do a lot more other than abortions (which can be done at other places as well). So it really does seem a bit like a screwjob. I thought there was already a law or something that federal funds could not be used for abortions, so I'm not sure what defunding them does.

I also think it's silly (but predictable) that there is no due process here. A bunch of heavily edited and out of context tapes (which were obtained illegally) seems like poor evidence to base large decisions upon, but yay for politics.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:58 PM   #758
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
It's odd because they do a lot more other than abortions (which can be done at other places as well). So it really does seem a bit like a screwjob. I thought there was already a law or something that federal funds could not be used for abortions, so I'm not sure what defunding them does.

I also think it's silly (but predictable) that there is no due process here. A bunch of heavily edited and out of context tapes (which were obtained illegally) seems like poor evidence to base large decisions upon, but yay for politics.

They did the same shit with ACORN. People who engage in shenanigans are just fine if the shenanigans they engage in hurt something "you" disagree with, as far as they're concerned.

There is a federal law restricting federal funding from being used for abortions. And those who want to defund Planned Parenthood will argue that it's fungible - "if they're spending federal dollars on pap smears it frees up their OTHER funding for abortion mills!"
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:28 PM   #759
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

Thanks PM that was helpful.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:17 AM   #760
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Hey, nice to see you around here lately.

Just to be clear, Rainmaker was saying that you're the moron and the doctor is pandering to you.

So, like I said, nice to see you around here...moron.

I prefer maroon.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 07:59 AM   #761
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:

Ahhh, at first I didn't think they were racists...but then you said they were white. Yep, racists.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:25 AM   #762
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
There's a 6 hour Republican forum in Greenville tonight with the same candidates from the debate. Was 3 mind numbing hours somehow not enough for these people?

Why are you watching or listening to 9 hours of anything you consider mind-numbing?
Old 09-19-2015, 03:36 PM   #763
Arles
Grey Dog Software

From the first debate, but enjoyable nonetheless:

Last edited by Arles : 09-19-2015 at 03:37 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:04 PM   #764
Thomkal
Head Coach

I like the "closing songs" a lot better than the actual debate
Old 09-21-2015, 03:26 PM   #765
Izulde
Head Coach

Bye Felicia.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:26 PM   #766
digamma
Torchbearer

Bye Scott Walker.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:00 PM   #767
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Bye Scott Walker.

How sad....Not!
Old 09-21-2015, 04:01 PM   #768
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I wonder if things would have been different if there was some sort of union available for presidential contenders.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:13 PM   #769
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I remember saying not that long ago that I thought there was an excellent chance he'd win. But he was awful in the debate format.

In the meantime, Fiorina is getting quite a bump now, along with Rubio.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:35 PM   #770
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

what worse giuliani campaign or Walker?
Old 09-21-2015, 04:44 PM   #771
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
what worse giuliani campaign or Walker?

Did Giuliani ever poll at 0% and trail behind the "no one" option?
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:46 PM   #772
lungs
Pro Rookie

Damn. It was kind of nice having Walker out of Wisconsin for a while. Now we have to deal with him again.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:59 PM   #773
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I wonder if things would have been different if there was some sort of union available for presidential contenders.

I have never wished so much that there was a 'rec' or a 'favorite' or whatever else on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
I remember saying not that long ago that I thought there was an excellent chance he'd win. But he was awful in the debate format.

In the meantime, Fiorina is getting quite a bump now, along with Rubio.

I have never been happier in my life to be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
Damn. It was kind of nice having Walker out of Wisconsin for a while. Now we have to deal with him again.

I feel like this goes one of two ways. 1) he emerges chastened from this experience, much like Kasich did after Ohio rejected his attempt to bust the unions, and governs much more reasonably or 2) he goes after his political enemies in the state as "revenge" after losing out on his Presidential bid in the hopes it will make him look more Presidenty in four years.

I guess there's the long shot "Republican Assembly votes to impeach as punishment for the way Walker tried to hold them up as being one of the obstacles he valiantly overcame in his attempt to break the evil unions."

But, y'know, I wouldn't put money on that.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:09 PM   #774
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Walker largely performed to my feelings that he just wasn't quite ready for this stage yet. 4-8 years in a cabinet role would add to his resume, I would fully expect to see him in the field again in the future.

He's one of the very few stars in the party at this point, one of even fewer who does things that need to be done, says things that need to be said.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:48 PM   #775
Dutch
"Dutch"

Have any of these dudes mentioned our out of control national debt yet?
Old 09-21-2015, 08:31 PM   #776
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Have any of these dudes mentioned our out of control national debt yet?

When they do I'm certain it will be in the context of two expensive wars in the aftermath of significant tax cuts and it won't at all be about "Obamaphones" and "welfare queens."

Because that would be the responsible outlook and if there's one thing I know about the Republican Party, it's that they're responsible stewa--oh god i can't even finish that sentence
Old 09-21-2015, 08:37 PM   #777
nol
Banned

Walker was about to catapult his way back into relevancy by declaring Joe Flacco an elite quarterback in the National Football League, but Trump stole his thunder.

nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:56 PM   #778
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
He's one of the very few stars in the party at this point, one of even fewer who does things that need to be done, says things that need to be said.

LOL
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:03 PM   #779
BillJasper
Pro Starter

So is Mike Huckabee pretty much just saying anything at this point in an attempt to gain traction?
Old 09-21-2015, 09:14 PM   #780
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
So is Mike Huckabee pretty much just saying anything at this point in an attempt to gain traction?

No. Mike Huckabee has made a post-pulpit career out of saying outrageous things. It's what he does, and it's why he was briefly a protest candidate after McCain had the 2008 nomination all but sewn up.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:37 PM   #781
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I think Trump would make for a more interesting general election cycle, but I think Fiorina has the best chance of the Republican candidates at beating Clinton.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 01:47 PM   #782
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Trump has declared he will no longer appear on Fox News shows. Nothing about his candidacy makes sense. If there were a candidate who promised to nuke Washington DC, I wonder if he'd get Trump's numbers in the polls.

I still wonder if he even makes it to Iowa.
Old 09-23-2015, 02:10 PM   #783
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I think Trump would make for a more interesting general election cycle, but I think Fiorina has the best chance of the Republican candidates at beating Clinton.

To be honest, I think Rubio is actually the best Republican chance. I think that the FactCheck type sites would have a field day with Fiorina (she basically was wrong about everything in the last debate) and someone like Clinton would hammer that home. On the other hand, Rubio doesn't outright fib and has a very, very good handle on things, especially international relations.
Old 09-23-2015, 02:22 PM   #784
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post

I still think Jeb has the best chance at beating Clinton. He was a Governor and won't get hammered in the hispanic vote. Fiorina is going to get hammered on the HP and Lucent stuff in a general election.
Old 09-23-2015, 02:29 PM   #785
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
To be honest, I think Rubio is actually the best Republican chance. I think that the FactCheck type sites would have a field day with Fiorina (she basically was wrong about everything in the last debate) and someone like Clinton would hammer that home. On the other hand, Rubio doesn't outright fib and has a very, very good handle on things, especially international relations.

I'm a solid Democrat, so I am not the best person to say who the GOP should nominate. But I think that Rubio is, by far, their strongest candidate. In particular, he's got a youthful energy and outsider vibe that contrasts very well with Clinton. (But he's not actually an outsider, so he won't scare away the Establishment support).
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 02:29 PM   #786
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I still think Jeb has the best chance at beating Clinton. He was a Governor and won't get hammered in the hispanic vote. Fiorina is going to get hammered on the HP and Lucent stuff in a general election.

+1
Old 09-23-2015, 02:32 PM   #787
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Bush is running against his last name, though.

It does seem, increasingly, that this looks like a Bush/Rubio race from the perspective of who can mount a serious challenge in the General. Fiorina and Carson are intriguing in their own way, but I see them as the Democrats see Sanders - too far from the center to avoid problems with independents.

But Bush's body language in these debates is remarkably negative. He truly hates these parades. Which might make him more qualified as a human being, but could prevent him from gaining traction in the race.

My guess is Rubio at this point.
Old 09-23-2015, 02:49 PM   #788
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I'm a solid Democrat, so I am not the best person to say who the GOP should nominate. But I think that Rubio is, by far, their strongest candidate. In particular, he's got a youthful energy and outsider vibe that contrasts very well with Clinton. (But he's not actually an outsider, so he won't scare away the Establishment support).

As a solid Democrat myself, I'll agree that Rubio scares the shit out of me.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:01 PM   #789
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

Which is unfortunate because I think he differs a great deal from his brother. I would vote for him in a head to head with Clinton.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:02 PM   #790
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I think either Florida candidate can beat Clinton. Assuming not much change from 2012 and wining FL, they could put all their resources into winning VA, OH and a west state.
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 03:09 PM   #791
sabotai
General Manager

I'd put money on it either being Jeb or Rubio, and I'd say I'm a little above 50/50 on voting for either of them over Hilary.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 03:43 PM   #792
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

As a Democrat, I would agree with this. Not sure how Hispanics like his anti-Castro, anti-Cuban stance though.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:48 PM   #793
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

It does seem, increasingly, that this looks like a Bush/Rubio race from the perspective of who can mount a serious challenge in the General. Fiorina and Carson are intriguing in their own way, but I see them as the Democrats see Sanders - too far from the center to avoid problems with independents.

But Bush's body language in these debates is remarkably negative. He truly hates these parades. Which might make him more qualified as a human being, but could prevent him from gaining traction in the race.

My guess is Rubio at this point.

He's not nearly as good speaker as his brother or father. Carson when the media concentrates on him more, will find he's "out there " on a lot of stuff and his anti-Muslim comments recently didn't help him.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:50 PM   #794
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As a Democrat, I would agree with this. Not sure how Hispanics like his anti-Castro, anti-Cuban stance though.

True. I also think his statements on abortion may really kill him with women in the general (no exemptions for rape and incest).
Old 09-23-2015, 03:59 PM   #795
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
True. I also think his statements on abortion may really kill him with women in the general (no exemptions for rape and incest).

Let's face he (and all the other Reub, Candidates) are no friend to gay voters either. There just too may groups with a lot of people in them that don't like Republicans.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:10 PM   #796
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Well, yes... but gay voters are potentially 5-10% of the electorate while women voters are potentially 50% of the electorate .
Old 09-23-2015, 04:35 PM   #797
Thomkal
Head Coach

Trump Reignites Feud with Fox News - NBC News

Can we get CNN and MSNBC to be "unfair" to him too?

Trump Reignites Feud with Fox News - NBC News
Old 09-23-2015, 04:38 PM   #798
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
He's not nearly as good speaker as his brother or father. Carson when the media concentrates on him more, will find he's "out there " on a lot of stuff and his anti-Muslim comments recently didn't help him.

Wait. Not as good a speaker as W?
Old 09-23-2015, 04:45 PM   #799
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

So who's next to drop out?

My guess is Santorum.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:49 PM   #800
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Wait. Not as good a speaker as W?