Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-19-2008, 03:06 PM   #751
st.cronin
General Manager

Geez, if the Teacher's pet doesn't know their role, than I think we have been making a mistake being so forthcoming with our scans.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:07 PM   #752
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I'm tired of Lathum getting all the attention

welcome to day 2!
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:07 PM   #753
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Geez, if the Teacher's pet doesn't know their role, than I think we have been making a mistake being so forthcoming with our scans.

maybe I am being thick, but what good would it possibly do us to hold back the info from our scans?
Old 02-19-2008, 03:08 PM   #754
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
is there anyone who has not been scanned at all? I can certainly help get a duplicate scan in on them with you if there are any. I'm tired of Lathum getting all the attention

I don't think anyone has scanned me yet, but I'm a student so there really isn't any reason to
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #755
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I really don't get the no-lynch phenomenon. If we're playing using normal werewolf strategy, we need lynches as data points. If we're playing using scan data, we need lynches to tell us which scanners are more accurate.

Well with Path clarifying that neither the Teacher's Pet nor the Class Clown know their true roles I'm more inclined to vote no lynch so we don't eliminate a very useful role at this point. I think we should try and at least get one more day of data points either as a group or as individuals IMO
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #756
path12
Coordinator

Current vote total as of post #747:

nfg22 2 -- Pumpy Tudors(598), Bsak16(628)
No Lynch 2 -- mauboy1(733), The Jackal(736)
Lathum 1 -- Dodgerchick(601)
Chief Rum 1 -- Passacaglia(636)
RendeR 1 -- st.cronin(707)
Dodgerchick 1 -- Lathum(725)
Passacaglia 1 -- ntndeacon(738)

No vote: claphamsa, Barkeep49, RendeR, Chief Rum, saldana, SnDvls, nfg22, MikeVic, oliegirl, Mr. Wednesday, jeheinz72
Old 02-19-2008, 03:10 PM   #757
MikeVic
Head Coach

I don't know if I'll be on here much before the first deadline, but I'll try to check in to see if I should change my vote. Right now I'll be voting for NFG because he tickles me incorrectly. I will also send in a scan for Lathum for my curiosity. I will be back before the second deadline, so that can change.

VOTE NFG
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:10 PM   #758
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
maybe I am being thick, but what good would it possibly do us to hold back the info from our scans?

If everybody has been honest with their scans, then we've been drawing a road map to the teacher's pet for the wolves (since they know which scans are accurate, and which aren't).

knives out
Old 02-19-2008, 03:10 PM   #759
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
If you have sex with a wolf, does that make you a wolf too?

I think it just makes you a wolf fu(ker
Old 02-19-2008, 03:11 PM   #760
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
If everybody has been honest with their scans, then we've been drawing a road map to the teacher's pet for the wolves (since they know which scans are accurate, and which aren't).

but without that information out there we are in the dark
Old 02-19-2008, 03:13 PM   #761
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
but without that information out there we are in the dark

Only if we keep no-lynching.

knives out
Old 02-19-2008, 03:14 PM   #762
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Vote No Lynch

Unless a very compelling argument beyond what has been discussed today comes up there is where my vote will stay.

IMO, we can get away with one more day of scans and data points and still be okay in this game.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:20 PM   #763
Barkeep49
Coordinator

See this is why I hate no lynching on Day 1. Because then on Day 2, people STILL think it's a good idea. And if you follow the D1 argument's they're right. But sooner, rather than later, we need to break out of passive mode and start lynching people.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:20 PM   #764
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I'm against no lynching. We need data points, IMO, like someone (olie? BK?) said. She's acted strange in a lot of instance, don't know if it was frustration or what, but I'm willing to take that chance.

Vote Dodgerchick

With that said, I'm going to make my own scan-sheet (since I can't follow other peoples' very well).
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:21 PM   #765
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
See this is why I hate no lynching on Day 1. Because then on Day 2, people STILL think it's a good idea. And if you follow the D1 argument's they're right. But sooner, rather than later, we need to break out of passive mode and start lynching people.

So, ya gonna vote then?
Old 02-19-2008, 03:23 PM   #766
The Jackal
Coordinator

I still see some merit to the no lynch in this particular game, but I think if the majority of people think it's better to vote then someone is going to get lynched today. There are three of us on no lynch right now, and I don't think anyone else has expressed a strong desire to do so.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:27 PM   #767
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
So, ya gonna vote then?
Yes I am. Just trying were best to place my vote.

At the moment I'm leaning towards Lathum. A whole bunch of people learn about the accuracy, or inaccuracy of their scan (including me, as I'm quite curious about that). Further, his willingness to think that I'm good based on the scans on me is troubling to me. It isn't any more natural for the scans to all be correct (as they are) or in correct (which they're not). Yet he thinks they're correct. A wolf would know this. Generally speaking when I'm a wolf I like to say nice things about others since it engenders some goodwill towards me. So since Lathum said something nice about me, seemingly without good cause, I'm now more suspicious of him.

I'm also weary of cronin, who seems to think we should hiding our info.

I don't like SnDvls, who has played in enough games on FOFC to know better, voting No Lynch Day 2.

I think NFG's whole game has been to draw attention to himself, though to what ends I'm not sure and he seems to have toned this down today.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #768
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Yes I am. Just trying were best to place my vote.

At the moment I'm leaning towards Lathum. A whole bunch of people learn about the accuracy, or inaccuracy of their scan (including me, as I'm quite curious about that). Further, his willingness to think that I'm good based on the scans on me is troubling to me. It isn't any more natural for the scans to all be correct (as they are) or in correct (which they're not). Yet he thinks they're correct. A wolf would know this. Generally speaking when I'm a wolf I like to say nice things about others since it engenders some goodwill towards me. So since Lathum said something nice about me, seemingly without good cause, I'm now more suspicious of him.

I'm also weary of cronin, who seems to think we should hiding our info.

I don't like SnDvls, who has played in enough games on FOFC to know better, voting No Lynch Day 2.

I think NFG's whole game has been to draw attention to himself, though to what ends I'm not sure and he seems to have toned this down today.

What are the scans on you BK? 4 "students"?
Old 02-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #769
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I think we shuld all keep scanning and posting our scanns. and eventually we wil be able to tell somethign from it!

vote nfg33

i might change it later...

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #770
st.cronin
General Manager

3-2 nfg over DC now, with no lynch also at 3. Still plenty of time to deadline. Thinking about this, I'd rather vote for somebody like Lathum or BK or Pass than either of those two, as it will help neutralize the wolves advantage in finding the teacher's pet. I'll go with Pass, since he was pinging my radar yesterday. This will give Pass 2 votes, making it nfg and no lynch 3 apiece, and DC and Pass 2 each.

UNVOTE RENDER
VOTE PASSACAGLIA

knives out
Old 02-19-2008, 03:29 PM   #771
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
What are the scans on you BK? 4 "students"?
The Jackal, saldana, DC, and SnDvls are scanned me as a villager.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:30 PM   #772
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
I think we shuld all keep scanning and posting our scanns. and eventually we wil be able to tell somethign from it!

vote nfg33

i might change it later...
I have to ask: Why do you vote in navy rather than blue?
Old 02-19-2008, 03:31 PM   #773
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
The more I think about it, the more this rankles me.

Cronin are you REALLY suggesting we should just keep our info to ourselves and if we die take it down with us? You really don't think that through multiple scans we can gather an accurate aggregate picture of not only how accurate individuals are, but also which sides players are on?
Old 02-19-2008, 03:32 PM   #774
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
The Jackal, saldana, DC, and SnDvls are scanned me as a villager.

While I'd say your right, I guess the way I'd look at that is that you're much much LESS likely to be a wolf than our other people. I mean let's say we're all, on average, a 1/3rd correct Seer. So 2/3rds of the time we're wrong. With 4 scans of a 1/3rd seer, it's less than 20% chance you're a bad guy.

Sure, if I was voting for good-guys maybe that isn't enough, but I look at it right now as you'd be in the pile of "People I don't need to worry a ton about"

KnowwhatI'msayin'?
Old 02-19-2008, 03:32 PM   #775
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I have to ask: Why do you vote in navy rather than blue?
color blind.....

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:34 PM   #776
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
The more I think about it, the more this rankles me.

Cronin are you REALLY suggesting we should just keep our info to ourselves and if we die take it down with us? You really don't think that through multiple scans we can gather an accurate aggregate picture of not only how accurate individuals are, but also which sides players are on?

The problem is that the wolves already have the correct information - so they will simply target the more accurate scanners each night, before we know who they are. Am I wrong about that? And if I'm not wrong, how do we counter that?

knives out
Old 02-19-2008, 03:35 PM   #777
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
While I'd say your right, I guess the way I'd look at that is that you're much much LESS likely to be a wolf than our other people. I mean let's say we're all, on average, a 1/3rd correct Seer. So 2/3rds of the time we're wrong. With 4 scans of a 1/3rd seer, it's less than 20% chance you're a bad guy.

Sure, if I was voting for good-guys maybe that isn't enough, but I look at it right now as you'd be in the pile of "People I don't need to worry a ton about"

KnowwhatI'msayin'?
Not really. Why assume 66% accuracy? Seems to me we should be assuming 50% accuracy (well actually 52.5%%). With those odds, it's only 1/16 that 4 people scanning me would all get the same result. But it's just as likely to be 1/16 getting it right, as it is getting it wrong.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:36 PM   #778
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Not really. Why assume 66% accuracy? Seems to me we should be assuming 50% accuracy (well actually 52.5%%). With those odds, it's only 1/16 that 4 people scanning me would all get the same result. But it's just as likely to be 1/16 getting it right, as it is getting it wrong.

Actually I was assuming even less than that, 33% accuracy (to play it safe with the numbers)
Old 02-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #779
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
The problem is that the wolves already have the correct information - so they will simply target the more accurate scanners each night, before we know who they are. Am I wrong about that? And if I'm not wrong, how do we counter that?
So what if the wolves figure out who is more accurate. The wolves would have to take out the people who are both incredibly accurate AND inaccurate. And later on in the game that itself could give us info about who else might be accurate or not.

You've stated the advantage that the wolves gain. I get it. What's the advantage to the villagers by staying quiet? I think going public has its clear advantages and we shouldn't not do something just because it helps the other side. We should do what makes the most sense for the villagers. And in this game, like nearly all others, that means sharing info.

I hate to have to get on that high horse again, and was quite thankful when it seemed like people had finally seen the common sense of that in this game at least.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:40 PM   #780
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually I was assuming even less than that, 33% accuracy (to play it safe with the numbers)
Why assume 1/3 accuracy? It's a bad assumption. But rolling with that 1/3 accuracy rate, assumption they're all going to get me wrong 1/5, if I were a wolf. That's not an insignificant error rate.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:41 PM   #781
st.cronin
General Manager

The advantage the village has to staying quiet: potentially the teacher's pet and class clown live an extra day or more. Hypothetically, if we lose one tonight and one tomorrow night, we are pretty much fucked. Am I wrong?

knives out
Old 02-19-2008, 03:42 PM   #782
The Jackal
Coordinator

Ok, I'm out, if I'm back befofre the deadline I'll certainly re-join the conversation.

And by the way, I noticed someone asked who hadn't been scanned earlier, and I don't think anyone has scanned me yet - so feel free.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:42 PM   #783
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Why assume 1/3 accuracy? It's a bad assumption. But rolling with that 1/3 accuracy rate, assumption they're all going to get me wrong 1/5, if I were a wolf. That's not an insignificant error rate.

I'm just saying it's not to be scoffed at. 80% chance of a villager looks pretty good when I'm a big "?" on a LOT of people.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:44 PM   #784
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
The advantage the village has to staying quiet: potentially the teacher's pet and class clown live an extra day or more. Hypothetically, if we lose one tonight and one tomorrow night, we are pretty much fucked. Am I wrong?
Yes you are. So we lose one today and one tomorrow. I don't see how we lose them both so quickly, as that would have to be some really bad luck, but alright I'll go with it. The average scan accuracy is 52.2%. CR did the distribution chart yesterday and the odds are that we have at least 1 or 2 other well above average players for both accuracy and inaccuracy. Sure it's not perfect, but don't let perfection stand in the way of good enough.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:45 PM   #785
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm just saying it's not to be scoffed at. 80% chance of a villager looks pretty good when I'm a big "?" on a LOT of people.
Hmm. You're right. The math is in my favor. I just wished I had heard that form Lathum first. I'm still suspicious of his trust in me.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:45 PM   #786
Lorena
Unregistered

You guys are hysterical! I was really upset earlier but now it's laughable, it truly is. So the reason why I'm suspicious is because I was "defending" nfg? Puhleez. THINK ABOUT IT: 1 person says I'm a wolf.. 1 person! This same person came out as a wolf scan by 3 people. Lynching me will give you shit for information other than I'm a student. Lynching Lathum will at least give us a little information on how this scan thing works.

I guess since no one is following me on Lathum, I'm going with nfg.. self perservation, obviously.

unvote lathum
vote nfg
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:46 PM   #787
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Since I am most likely going dow at this point, I have one request kill Lathum tommorow when I come up clean. As of now I know I am clean. Lathum is getting the masses behind me over two words I said. Whatever, tommorow you will see.

Vote Lathum
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:47 PM   #788
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Hmm. You're right. The math is in my favor. I just wished I had heard that form Lathum first. I'm still suspicious of his trust in me.

Lathum is very sneaky like that.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:47 PM   #789
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DC, would you rather vote for Lathum? I know I'd rather vote for Lathum than any of the others out there and so I would join you in voting for him if it made you feel better.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:48 PM   #790
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
Since I am most likely going dow at this point, I have one request kill Lathum tommorow when I come up clean. As of now I know I am clean. Lathum is getting the masses behind me over two words I said. Whatever, tommorow you will see.

Vote Lathum

yes, see post 788
Old 02-19-2008, 03:48 PM   #791
Barkeep49
Coordinator

With nfg's vote (and hopefully DC going back) I'm ready to go onto Lathum for reasons previously stated (gain lots of info, suspicious of his trust in me).

Vote Lathum
Old 02-19-2008, 03:49 PM   #792
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Yes you are. So we lose one today and one tomorrow. I don't see how we lose them both so quickly, as that would have to be some really bad luck, but alright I'll go with it. The average scan accuracy is 52.2%. CR did the distribution chart yesterday and the odds are that we have at least 1 or 2 other well above average players for both accuracy and inaccuracy. Sure it's not perfect, but don't let perfection stand in the way of good enough.

My point is if we lose the Teacher's pet four days from now, we get four days of posts and information to go over - even if he hasn't published his scans.

I agree its a difficult spot for the village to be in, but I think the "release all information" is a wolf-helping strategy, not a village-helping strategy. Which has me looking at you quizzically.

knives out
Old 02-19-2008, 03:49 PM   #793
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

OK. Seriously. I have one scan on me, and from an unreliable source none the less. Lathum has 3 scans saying wolf, which looks good to me. He then convinces all of you, somehow that I am a wolf, so we all jump on that bandwagon. Can someone please layout why I am a wolf?
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:51 PM   #794
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
DC, would you rather vote for Lathum? I know I'd rather vote for Lathum than any of the others out there and so I would join you in voting for him if it made you feel better.

If you wanna vote for Lathum, by all means, go ahead. The only reason why I moved off of him and onto nfg was to save my ass.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:52 PM   #795
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
OK. Seriously. I have one scan on me, and from an unreliable source none the less. Lathum has 3 scans saying wolf, which looks good to me. He then convinces all of you, somehow that I am a wolf, so we all jump on that bandwagon. Can someone please layout why I am a wolf?

cuz you said, "even though".. how's that for proof!!
Old 02-19-2008, 03:52 PM   #796
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
My point is if we lose the Teacher's pet four days from now, we get four days of posts and information to go over - even if he hasn't published his scans.

I agree its a difficult spot for the village to be in, but I think the "release all information" is a wolf-helping strategy, not a village-helping strategy. Which has me looking at you quizzically.
Would you rather have 4 days of posts or 4 days of scans? The wolves would have to get damn lucky to nail the class clown or teacher's pet tonight. Not impossible, but certainly lucky. And when/if the those two roles go down we gain information not only about who they scanned, but also about the accuracy of others who have scanned those players. So they're staying around longer is good. But lots of information is revealed whenever they die and I'd rather not have to play did the did he leave us hints game, when they'd have no idea that they SHOULD be leaving us hints. Let's remove the ambiguity and get good, solid, bankable info. Info that we can use to build a COT.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:53 PM   #797
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
If you wanna vote for Lathum, by all means, go ahead. The only reason why I moved off of him and onto nfg was to save my ass.
If you vote Lathum, he'll have 3 votes on him. NFG has 4. You have 1. Hell no lynch has 3 votes at the moment, which is ahead of you. I don't think you're in danger. Instead you should join us in putting the man who slandered you in danger
Old 02-19-2008, 03:54 PM   #798
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
You can disagree all you want about a day 1 lynch in this game but to say you think day 2 would be a crapshoot with this ruleset is just plain wrong IMO
We barely have any more data today than we had yesterday about who is a wolf. We have started to accumulate data that will help us determine who's accurate and who isn't, and down the road we may want to come back to N1 scan results, but we're barely ahead of where we were yesterday.

That having been said, one way to address that deficiency is to start lynching people. Otherwise, we're relying on the wolves, and they're going to have a 100% villager hit rate.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:55 PM   #799
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
The wolves would have to get damn lucky to nail the class clown or teacher's pet tonight.

I'd like to hear from one of the statisticians on board. What are the odds, given that the wolves know who the wolves are, that they could get to the teacher's pet tonight? My instinct says its quite high ... but I guess I don't know, and I don't know how to do the math.

knives out
Old 02-19-2008, 03:55 PM   #800
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
If you vote Lathum, he'll have 3 votes on him. NFG has 4. You have 1. Hell no lynch has 3 votes at the moment, which is ahead of you. I don't think you're in danger. Instead you should join us in putting the man who slandered you in danger

yeah sure

unvote nfg
vote lathum