Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-26-2007, 07:39 PM   #751
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway View Post
I just want to point out the Jags and Colts are in the same division.

Yeah, being a Titans fan I am well aware of that
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 07:41 PM   #752
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Ok, I still think the Pats blew it, and should have played better. And you never know how things turn out after that, but it is a little disappointing that the rule for faceguarding was dumped at least 5 years ago, and yet it was called in this game, while at the same time Caldwell got interfered with in the end zone and it was not called.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:52 PM   #753
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
who has accomplished more at the stage of their career then Brady?

and I am a Giants fan

Otto Graham
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:29 AM   #754
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
Otto Graham

Roethlisburger. Granted he needs to win the next 2 titles to keep pace with Tommy Boy.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 07:36 AM   #755
TroyF
Coordinator

1) The Patriots "dynasty" is far from over. Dynasties don't have to be clipped into three peats or 4 championships in 5 years. The Patriots currently have 3 Super Bowl titles in 6 years. In the three years they didn't win it all, they've went a combined 31-17 with one missed playoff appearence, a divisional final and a conference final. They still have Brady and Beli. Their dynasty won't be put to bed for another five or six years. It'll likely read something like 4 or 5 titles in a ten year period before it slides down. (providing their front office gets a brain and realizes their best player should be surrounded with at least a few quality WR rather than trying to prove to the world how brilliant they are)

2) There were only two reasons I focused some on the Pats after the game. The first was my disgust at Beli's brushing off of Manning and his on field comments after the game. I thought both were classless acts. Sorry, my opinion. I also thought the Pats fans on this board and others acted pretty poorly after the loss, especially when they've won a lot of games over the years on similar calls and breaks. I thought the best thing would be to say "congrats Manning, I didn't like a few of the calls, but you got us. Wait til next year" Instead it was a series of whines and bitches about one botched PI call and a roughing the passer call that made the difference in nine yards of field position on a drive the Patriots couldn't stop the CU Buff offense because they were so worn out. Sorry, I thought it went overboard.

3) While the Patriots dynasty isn't over, if the Colts win next week, their last six or seven seasons will be looked at with a much more deserving eye than without the title. Just looking at the last four years of 12+ wins a year in this era is impressive. I don't think this will be the last time Manning gets to the big game either. Four teams in the AFC have been incredible under the era of the salary cap. NE, Pittsburgh, Indy and Denver. All have had amazing runs of solid play during this era.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 08:39 AM   #756
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinatieri for Prez View Post
However, I dug this up from a Q&A with the then and current officiating head of the NFL, Mike Perreira. This is an excerpt from: http://www.nfl.com/fans/rulesschool120501.html

"3) What is the official rule against "face-guarding" when a defender is trying to break up a pass? Is there a certain amount of space he must be within of the receiver for this penalty to be called?

There is no such thing as face-guarding in the National Football League. It is legal to face-guard a receiver. In order to have pass interference you must have contact. Any act without contact is not considered a foul."

Again, the officials said nothing about face-guarding, only Phil Simms did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:06 AM   #757
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Again, the officials said nothing about face-guarding, only Phil Simms did.

You are correct. But if you look at the highlight, there is absolutely no contact with the receiver. Without contact you cannot have PI. So, they either botched it thinking faceguarding was the call or that Hobbs actually touched the receiver. Either way, it's a bad call.

I'm not saying the Pats lost because of this. It's just an observation of a bad call.

Last edited by Vinatieri for Prez : 01-27-2007 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:16 AM   #758
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I also thought the Pats fans on this board and others acted pretty poorly after the loss, especially when they've won a lot of games over the years on similar calls and breaks. I thought the best thing would be to say "congrats Manning, I didn't like a few of the calls, but you got us.

Hmm, did you actually read the posts on the board because virtually every one was a congrats to the Colts and we got beat. You focused on one comment from St. Cronin after the game. Go ahead and believe what you want. It seems you have hate blinders on on this one. I could point out that with the game over for only 5 minutes, you were actually questioning whether Brady even shook Manning's hand and SteveW was right in there with his "photographic evidence" that no such handshake occurred when it fact it did. If that isn't a case of wishing for the worst and hoping the eventual facts fit your preconceived and erroneous notions, I don't know what is.

Last edited by Vinatieri for Prez : 01-27-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:23 AM   #759
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinatieri for Prez View Post
Hmm, did you actually read the posts on the board because virtually every one was a congrats to the Colts and we got beat. You focused on one comment from St. Cronin after the game. Go ahead and believe what you want. It seems you have hate blinders on on this one. I could point out that with the game over for only 5 minutes, you were actually questioning whether Brady even shook Manning's hand and SteveW was right in there with his "photographic evidence" that no such handshake occurred when it fact it did. If that isn't a case of wishing for the worst and hoping the eventual facts fit your preconceived and erroneous notions, I don't know what is.

Really, I think the worst type of fan is one who focuses more energy on hating a team then rooting for his own team. I admit I do like to tweak the Colts occasionally, but I am ROOTING for them in the Super Bowl. People who spend as much time talking trash about the Patriots as some people have done in this thread are just incredibly lame, imo. IMetTrentGreen does the same shit in other threads and gets killed for it, rightfully so.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:29 AM   #760
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Really, I think the worst type of fan is one who focuses more energy on hating a team then rooting for his own team. I admit I do like to tweak the Colts occasionally, but I am ROOTING for them in the Super Bowl. People who spend as much time talking trash about the Patriots as some people have done in this thread are just incredibly lame, imo. IMetTrentGreen does the same shit in other threads and gets killed for it, rightfully so.

Wow.

Seriously.

You ever heard the saying about glass houses?

Edit: This is purely to st. cronin, not Pats fans in general.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

Last edited by wade moore : 01-27-2007 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:30 AM   #761
molson
General Manager

Quote:
I also thought the Pats fans on this board and others acted pretty poorly after the loss, especially when they've won a lot of games over the years on similar calls and breaks. I thought the best thing would be to say "congrats Manning, I didn't like a few of the calls, but you got us. Wait til next year" Instead it was a series of whines and bitches about one botched PI call and a roughing the passer call that made the difference in nine yards of field position on a drive the Patriots couldn't stop the CU Buff offense because they were so worn out. Sorry, I thought it went overboard.

You can't be serious - there was one overly bitter Pats fan in this thread, the rest gave the Colts credit and lamented the Pats blowing the game.

I wish I wasn't too lazy to go back and recap your comments following Pats wins over the years. Not that you were alone. You only have to go back as far as the Pats/Chargers thread to see someone hinting at a Pats/NFL conspiracy to get a Pats/Saints super bowl.

Last edited by molson : 01-27-2007 at 11:30 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:38 AM   #762
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Wow.

Seriously.

You ever heard the saying about glass houses?

Go ahead, pull up one post from any thread ever at any time where I gloat about a win, or a team I dislike losing.

EVEN IN THIS THREAD I SAID THE COLTS HAVE GOOD FANS, AND WISHED THEM WELL IN THE SUPER BOWL.

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 01-27-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:57 AM   #763
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Go ahead and believe what you want. It seems you have hate blinders on on this one.
Only this one?

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:46 PM   #764
TroyF
Coordinator

LOL. . .

You accuse me of hatred and not reading. . . and then don't read mine. I ASKED if Brady shook Mannings hand. I didn't insult him, didn't say it was a fact, or say that he didn't.

I said I didn't see it and was surprised it wasn't shown. When it was said that he had, I thanked the poster (I think it was Huck) who said it and dropped it. But of course in your world I somehow slammed Tom Brady, insulted the Patriots organization, and hate everything associated with the Patriots.

Hint: You may want to read above where I just spoke of the Patriots dynasty and predicted they'd win another title or two.

I know, it's a way I cover my hatred tracks. I make sure to compliment the team I'm hating on REPEATEDLY, admit I was wrong about them, admit I missed on Brady and blasted the guy who said their dynasty was over.

This is getting to the point where I wonder what I have to do to not be considered a hater. Is anyone who isn't a Patriots fan required to kill a chicken at an alter of Beli and Brady before they are allowed to talk about the team and say things like "They caught a pretty big break there" and "It's a shame people shred Manning when Brady has had some benefits he's never had"
Old 01-27-2007, 12:52 PM   #765
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
LOL. . .

You accuse me of hatred and not reading. . . and then don't read mine. I ASKED if Brady shook Mannings hand. I didn't insult him, didn't say it was a fact, or say that he didn't.

I said I didn't see it and was surprised it wasn't shown. When it was said that he had, I thanked the poster (I think it was Huck) who said it and dropped it. But of course in your world I somehow slammed Tom Brady, insulted the Patriots organization, and hate everything associated with the Patriots.

Hint: You may want to read above where I just spoke of the Patriots dynasty and predicted they'd win another title or two.

I know, it's a way I cover my hatred tracks. I make sure to compliment the team I'm hating on REPEATEDLY, admit I was wrong about them, admit I missed on Brady and blasted the guy who said their dynasty was over.

This is getting to the point where I wonder what I have to do to not be considered a hater. Is anyone who isn't a Patriots fan required to kill a chicken at an alter of Beli and Brady before they are allowed to talk about the team and say things like "They caught a pretty big break there" and "It's a shame people shred Manning when Brady has had some benefits he's never had"

You've always struck me as being pretty thoughtful in your comments on Brady/Manning, even when I disagree with you. And Belicheck, he's always been an odd guy, so I can understand people thinking whatever about him. But he number of people just saying stupid things about Pats fans in this thread and on this board is just mind-blowing, though. Are Colts fans classless for complaining about pass interference in other games? Are Seahawks fans classless for complaining about the officiating in the Super Bowl? Are Raiders fans classless for STILL complaining about a CORRECT call in a playoff game?

I root for the Pats. I don't worry about other teams fans.

knives out
Old 01-27-2007, 01:18 PM   #766
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Did Brady walk off before anyone could shake his hand? I'm not trying to start something here, but they didn't show a single shot of him shaking someone elses hand after the game. I found that very, very odd. I did see the Beli move. I thought it was bunk as was the press conference.

Oh well. No need to focus this on NE. This is the Colts day.

Here is your quote Troy F. I did read your post. This is a clear cut shot at Brady, hoping it to be true. Who brings up a post game handshake a few minutes after the game is over? When I watch ANY game I'm not really thinking about post game handshakes, nor speculating that one may not have happened. Maybe the next day you think about it after you heard something interesting happened during it. You claim you "weren't trying to start something," but in fact that is exactly what you were doing. Just why were you focusing on a post game handshake minutes after one of the most exciting playoff game?
Old 01-27-2007, 01:54 PM   #767
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Making the same illogical, thoughtless and incorrect points(and the occasional lie) with more sentences does not make one "thoughtful". It just wastes more screen space.

Last edited by jeff061 : 01-27-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:44 PM   #768
TroyF
Coordinator

LOL, you read INTO my post. Read it exactly as is. Did Brady walk off? (question) I'm not trying to start something here, I just found it odd. (in other words, if someone saw it, it's ok, I'm good)

What I saw on the TV was Brady walking off the field quickly. I didn't see him head for Manning or any other Colt. I found it odd that NBC didn't show it if it happened. I STILL find it odd. The two main storyline characters of that game and it wasn't shown.

You'll notice I didn't jump in like Steve and keep up with the attacks. I didn't demand proof, pictures, DNA evidence or anything of the sort. Someone said he saw it and I said, cool, good job shaking his hand and getting off the field, that was nice.

The occasional lie. . . LOL. I love it. Incorrect. I love even more. (considering 98% of this debate centers on OPINIONS, it's kind of tough to be incorrect or lie about any of this.)

OK, I give up. I hate the Patriots. This is a case where it'll be easier for me to lie through my teeth and give some of the people on the board the perception they want rather than just state my true opinions. It's not worth it anymore. I hate every player on the Patriots roster, especially Brady. I hate em all. All the ex CU players playing for the Patriots? I hate em all and hope they snap their ankles before next season starts. Moroney? Horrible player. I wasn't hoping the Broncos would draft him this year. Troy Brown? A disgrace to the game. Thank God there aren't a lot more like him. What a scumbag. Seymour? I know I've said he's one of the top 5 players in the NFL about 4000 times this year, but I think he really sucks and attacks blockers like a four year old. Yup, damn the Patriots. Damn em to hell. (not really, but if that's what you want to think, there is your paragraph of obvious proof. You can stop creating my opinions now, k?)
Old 01-27-2007, 03:07 PM   #769
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
LOL, you read INTO my post. Read it exactly as is. Did Brady walk off? (question) I'm not trying to start something here, I just found it odd. (in other words, if someone saw it, it's ok, I'm good)

What I saw on the TV was Brady walking off the field quickly. I didn't see him head for Manning or any other Colt. I found it odd that NBC didn't show it if it happened. I STILL find it odd.

You're terrible at playing stupid, nor are we very good playing your fools.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:10 PM   #770
st.cronin
General Manager

I don't ever remember anybody rushing over to shake Brady's hand after a win, either, because I really don't give a shit about stuff like that and I'm really amazed that anybody would.

knives out
Old 01-27-2007, 05:11 PM   #771
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't ever remember anybody rushing over to shake Brady's hand after a win, either, because I really don't give a shit about stuff like that and I'm really amazed that anybody would.

Honestly, st. cronin, it was the first thing I looked for. I was interested to see both sides. How would Peyton handle himself in a win like that and how would Brady react to his rival beating him.

Beyond that, it really was something that was just glaring in terms of them not showing it. I can't remember a game with two pro bowl type QB's in the playoffs ending without the network showing it live.

Steve, for all his bluster, dug up photo after photo of QB's shaking each others hands after the rest of the playoff games this year.

Vinatieri,

Lets get something straight. . . I'm a dickhead when it comes to being opinionated. Some people hate my guts for it and I'm ok with that. I have opinions on all sorts of things and while I try to be respectful when giving them, I'm not at all ashamed or timid to say what I think.

Was I sure that Brady hadn't shook Manning's hand or were I trying to blast Brady for poor sportsmanship, I wouldn't have asked others as to why. I'd have acted like steve. I don't let anything that I believe in drop easily. Again, I'm really, really adept at beating the hell out of dead horses. Another thing people hate about me.

You can hate my guts and think I'm the lowest form of human life that exists, I'm ok with it. I can assure you, however, that you read WAY to much into that post. It was a question not an attack. And how I followed the response that someone else made to it should have made that clear.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:46 PM   #772
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
This is getting to the point where I wonder what I have to do to not be considered a hater.

Stop levelling accusations such as:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
I also thought the Pats fans on this board and others acted pretty poorly after the loss, especially when they've won a lot of games over the years on similar calls and breaks. I thought the best thing would be to say "congrats Manning, I didn't like a few of the calls, but you got us. Wait til next year" Instead it was a series of whines and bitches about one botched PI call and a roughing the passer call that made the difference in nine yards of field position on a drive the Patriots couldn't stop the CU Buff offense because they were so worn out. Sorry, I thought it went overboard.

The comments after your post from earlier focused on the fact that there was maybe one disgruntled Pats fan doing what you despise and a whole bunch doing exactly what you asked them to, and yet you still complained about "Pats Fans".

The PI stuff became a big topic well after in an honest discussion of the game. In MOST cases, PURELY as an honest discussion of the game, not as a bunch of excuses. But apparently it is classless for Pats fans to discuss blown calls, especially inconsistently called plays (Hobbs does nothing illegal but gets flagged, while Caldwell is blatantly shoved long before the ball but draws nothing), but all right for Indy and their fans and half the media to whine all the way to competition committee to get officiating changed when they lose a Conference Championship game.

It's the double-standard that's frustrating. As I've stated several times in this discussion, EVERY team from EVERY sport has fans that fit your definition of the bad Pats fans, but somehow we're reserved for special singling out.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:10 PM   #773
kurtism
High School Varsity

Belatedly, I'd just like to say how happy I am as a Colts fan that we aren't the ones worrying about the calls for a change
kurtism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:22 PM   #774
TroyF
Coordinator

Let me get this straight. . . I level some accusations that clearly state where my problem is (and it has nothing to do with the team, only the fans) and I'm a hater?

There is no "double standard" going on here either. You are correct, you can pick fans of every team who fit the description I gave. It's just in my personal experience, I've dealt with more NE fans who fit it (for both baseball and football) than most other teams. I'm not saying all NE fans are horrible. (though in this day and age you have to write a 7 page essay on how you aren't stereotyping and how you only mean certain fans or people will think that)

OK, really, I'll let everyone on the board live in peace. Take your last shots and lets be done with it. If you think I'm a hater (someone who complimented the Patriots God knows how many times in this thread, from Brady's actions in the final minutes, to their DL, to their dynasty, to predicting another title or two, none of which was in response or apology to any flamewar), I think you have plenty of other fish to go after anyway.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:22 PM   #775
molson
General Manager

Also, what are the famous games that turned on calls in the Pats favor? This is a favorite running theme, but I don't recall any. Some will always question the tuck rule, but whatever one thinks of the rule, it was clearly called correctly in that instance. But where were the game changing calls in the 3 super bowls, the wins vs. the colts and steelers, or the other playoff wins?
Old 01-27-2007, 06:29 PM   #776
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Let me get this straight. . . I level some accusations that clearly state where my problem is (and it has nothing to do with the team, only the fans) and I'm a hater?

You act miffed and surprised when people respond after you insult them. Don't you get that part? You're insulting people that posted in this very thread, on this board, and you're insulting them personally. Insulting "the team" would draw much less of a response (and probably just a good-natured counter-argument).

And once again, the clear majority weren't acting as you described, and the response certainly paled in comparison to comments made by people (including yourself) whenever the Pats win.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:41 PM   #777
st.cronin
General Manager

Some comments from last year's Super Bowl thread:

Quote:
I hope to God the refs at least gave the Seahawks some Vasoline before the game.

This is beyond ridiculous. The holding call was horrible and the "block" call was beyond horrible.

The NFL needs to clean house. The reffing in the playoffs has sucked. And the reffing in this game is reprehinsible. There is no excuse for this.

Quote:
The entire crew should be fired. PERIOD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Ugh, this postseason has been so hard to watch with the refs screwing someone over in every single game.

knives out
Old 01-27-2007, 06:45 PM   #778
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Steelers Win. They earned it.

Quote:
That was one of the most biased, horrific reffing performences I've ever seen in a Super Bowl. It was truly a horrible effort and I sincerely hope I never see any of this crew in another Super Bowl again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
WTF with Holmgren not coming out to shake?

knives out
Old 01-27-2007, 06:50 PM   #779
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
If both teams had been treated to equally poor officiating, I wouldn't have used the word biased. But for EVERY major call in the game to go against Seattle, I'm calling it biased. I don't care how the NFL tries to spin it. I felt like I was watching an NBA game today. (and before the NBA fans blast me, I love the NBA despite the consistently biased officiating in that league)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
I honestly wasn't pulling for anyone. Both Seattle and Pittsburgh aren't on my radar of teams to pull for and pull against. I think the officials were just fine.

I'll stop now.

knives out
Old 01-27-2007, 07:16 PM   #780
molson
General Manager

Quote:
I'll stop now.

If only the 2001 and 2002 posts weren't lost.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:18 PM   #781
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
If only the 2001 and 2002 posts weren't lost.

Oh, that doesn't matter. There are still plenty of posts on the board complaining about the tuck rule.

knives out
Old 01-27-2007, 10:14 PM   #782
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Quote:
Also, what are the famous games that turned on calls in the Pats favor? This is a favorite running theme, but I don't recall any. Some will always question the tuck rule, but whatever one thinks of the rule, it was clearly called correctly in that instance. But where were the game changing calls in the 3 super bowls, the wins vs. the colts and steelers, or the other playoff wins?

At the risk of jumping into your pissing contest, if you can sit there and say the tuck rule was clear and ask where the game changing calls were against the Colts, how about the obvious pass interference not called against the Pats the whole game? I watched Marcus Pollard and Reggie Wayne get molested with no calls.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:02 PM   #783
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble_Platypus View Post
At the risk of jumping into your pissing contest, if you can sit there and say the tuck rule was clear and ask where the game changing calls were against the Colts, how about the obvious pass interference not called against the Pats the whole game? I watched Marcus Pollard and Reggie Wayne get molested with no calls.

They were physical games - perhaps the Pats were just smart enough to see how the game was being called and took advantage.

Of course, my real point is that if a Pats fan made comments like you just did, Troy and other would consider them "classless". That's the double standard.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:57 AM   #784
cougarfreak
College Starter

I think Pats fans are just pissed that the real Tom Brady finally showed up on the most important, final, clutch, needed, important drive of the season and choked.

Last edited by cougarfreak : 01-28-2007 at 07:57 AM.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:02 AM   #785
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah that's it. You are the king of perception.

Old 01-28-2007, 08:11 AM   #786
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Yeah that's it. You are the king of perception.

Notice the sarcasm.........are you related to Belichick?
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:13 AM   #787
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Have you noticed some of the posts in this thread? Yours was perfectly in line if taken as a serious post.

Old 01-28-2007, 08:59 AM   #788
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh, that doesn't matter. There are still plenty of posts on the board complaining about the tuck rule.

It was a fumble!!!!!!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:15 AM   #789
Hoya1
High School JV

it was a forward pass dammit. My Bills got screwed.
Hoya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:25 AM   #790
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Go ahead, pull up one post from any thread ever at any time where I gloat about a win, or a team I dislike losing.

EVEN IN THIS THREAD I SAID THE COLTS HAVE GOOD FANS, AND WISHED THEM WELL IN THE SUPER BOWL.

Do I really need to dig up any thread in which an SEC team lost a bowl game?

Quote:
Old 01-28-2007, 10:47 AM   #791
Aylmar
High School Varsity

Quote:

As a disclaimer, I acknowledge that the Patriots dynasty has been well earned and have a great deal of respect for them and their accomplishments. But since the question was asked, I'll give you my answer.

In the 2001 AFC Championship game, the Patriots run back for a TD after the blocked kick clearly featured a forward lateral that wasn't called. The NFL acknowledges the missed call in the Game of the Week that they produced, clearly showing stop motion of the ball being released at one point and then caught at a point forward of the release (relative position of the players doesn't matter...it's all about the yard marker where it is released and the yard marker where it is caught. Since the lead Patriot was running forward and pitched the ball mostly to the side instead of straight back, the ball carried forward via momentum a couple of yards before being caught by the trailing player. I actually didn't know this interpretation until the GotW broadcast pointed this out). They also piped in audio of Steelers assistants lamenting that they couldn't challenge it since they had already used both on other calls. In a game won by seven points, I'd categorize that as a huge missed call that changed the scope of the game. To be fair, that's the only one I can think of off the top of my head, but it is a major call at the start of the dynasty...and occurred a week after the infamous (though correct) tuck rule.

Last edited by Aylmar : 01-28-2007 at 10:58 AM.
Aylmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:16 PM   #792
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Do I really need to dig up any thread in which an SEC team lost a bowl game?

How is claiming that the SEC is overrated like calling all Pats fans classless?

And whatever you think of my various SEC posts, all I'm trying to do here is point out that if complaining about officiating is classless, then the board member calling me classless is way more classless than me.

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 01-28-2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:31 PM   #793
Easy Mac

Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:31 PM   #794
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Quote:
They were physical games - perhaps the Pats were just smart enough to see how the game was being called and took advantage.

Of course, my real point is that if a Pats fan made comments like you just did, Troy and other would consider them "classless". That's the double standard.

Thats a stupid statement. Rules are rules and they should be called as such. Besides, those werent questioonable calls in the Colts Pats game, it was clear PI.If you want to say that you got screwed in this championship game you have to admit you had several calls, or non calls, go your way that game.Dont complain that other teams fans are one sided and then say the same kind of things that they are getting called out for.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:35 PM   #795
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Besides, those werent questioonable calls in the Colts Pats game, it was clear PI.

Way to show some class.

knives out
Old 01-28-2007, 07:36 PM   #796
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Thats a stupid statement. Rules are rules and they should be called as such. Besides, those werent questioonable calls in the Colts Pats game, it was clear PI.If you want to say that you got screwed in this championship game you have to admit you had several calls, or non calls, go your way that game.Dont complain that other teams fans are one sided and then say the same kind of things that they are getting called out for.

-I didn't say the Pats were screwed in the championship game
-I didn't complain that other teams fans are one sided
-Since you didn't understand the point I was making, carry on.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:38 PM   #797
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Since you feel this is the NBA and its up to the refs to decide how they want to call the game, rather than by the rules, I think I will carry on.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:42 PM   #798
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Quote:
Way to show some class.

If you watch those plays and dont think it was blatent non call PI then you are wearing blinders. If the Ellis Hobbs play in this game causes the uproar it has there would be riots in New England if they had calls go against them or not called as they were in that game.
I think that if you want to know why people rail against Pats fans it might have something to do with the refusal to even say "man, we got away with a few there" when its clear to the rest of the world. I have seen people post ing about how the tuck rule was correctly called, and Hobbs shouldnt be called, but no acknowledgement of some calls in your favor.

Last edited by Noble_Platypus : 01-28-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Noble_Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:44 PM   #799
Raiders Army
Coordinator

If you're going to carry on, ensure you do so to these dimensions:

Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:46 PM   #800
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
If you watch those plays and dont think it was blatent non call PI then you are wearing blinders. If the Ellis Hobbs play in this game causes the uproar it has there would be riots in New England if they had calls go against them or not called as they were in that game.
I think that if you want to know why people rail against Pats fans it might have something to do with the refusal to even say "man, we got away with a few there" when its clear to the rest of the world. I have seen people post ing about how the tuck rule was correctly called, and Hobbs shouldnt be called, but no acknowledgement of some calls in your favor.

If you expect any fan of any team to APOLOGIZE for his team winning a game, you are a fool.

I root for my team how I see fit; I do not go out of my way to insult or antagonize fans of other teams on this board or anywhere else. Don't tell me how to root for my team.

knives out