Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-22-2005, 01:12 PM   #751
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Ok an updated by Playmaker sliders.

"Ok look here's the deal. I created two seperate AA level sldiers. I named one Collge Classics and The other Colleg Gameday.

The Classice have and AWR for the CPU at 60

The GameDay has a CPU AWR at 75

So, it depends on how difficult you want your CPU defense to be during game oplay. I can't make that decision for you but they both play very good football. THe Gameday Sliders were focused on toning down scores. That doesn't mean the gameplay will be boring it was just an effort to get better defensive play in the game.

I would reccomend just going the first season with the Classics and the 2nd season with the Gameday sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
PLAYMAKERS NCAA 2006 (COLLEGE GAMEDAY) SLIDERS FOR AA LEVEL

FINAL VERSION-I GOT MY ROSTERS NOW SO I'M DONE.

ALL AMERCAN/HEISMAN COMBO SLIDERS CREATED 07/19/05

In my extensive efforts to create Heisman Sliders it became apperant to me that Heisman has only one advantage gameplay wise over the AA level and that is speed. The kicking game on Heisman is probably the biggest difference overall. That is my personal opinion in regards to the two levels. I consider myself a football purist and yes I know how to play the game. So, my initial intentions were to create Heisman sliders and place them in this thread.

I'm a firm believer that the best gameplay for NCAA 2006 is right were I began on All American. Interesting enough when the game first released I had created sliders pretty much like what you are about to see. In fact I went back and looked at those and came up with the College Game Day set. These sliders are basically intended for those who need stiffer competition on the AA level. I personally still love my slider set below this section. However, I do realize that as a gamer we adjust at different rates. My sliders are very flexible as I have stated before and this latest creation is from the same base sliders.

Just a couple of key notes. There is a RB chart on the thread below. However I would highly suggest trying to make do with a RB no higher than 40% because it makes the game so much better. I also realize that if you lower your QBA and just raise your WR catch slider you will see some of the best catch animations in this game. Yes your QBA is lower but with increased WR catch it will balance out. I have tested this for many hours now. It also brings out the best passing game overall because both Human CPU WR's will go up and get passes that are high and also dive more for low throws. That will help to keep completion percentages up even though the QB's have lower accuarcy. For instance if the QBA was set to 0% his passes can still be completed aslong as the CPU has a WR catch rating maxed out to 75-99%.

These are the Human RBA/RUN BLK sliders that best fit the set. 40/10, 35/10, 30/15, 30/20, 25/30.....these are the best combos for these sliders. If you need better blocking up front for instance then 25/30 is your best RB/OL combo. Some guy's want to keep their speed and that's fine but you must sacrifice some blocking. The College Gameday slider swere created to heavily favor the defense, so if you don't agree with some sliders you are more than welcome to lower them. The sliders are not geared towards completing every pass at a high accuarcy. I don't mind scores of 42-35 every now an dthen but in an effort to tone some things down offensively you might not agree with the base setup I list for each slider. It is the most effective way on AA to make the human player rely less on the pass happy deep ball and to run the ball to setup the pass deep.

LEVEL-AA 7-9 MINUTES, ALL PENALTIES MAXED ACCEPT UNSPORTSMANLIKE AND FACE MASK 60% FOR EACH. SPECIAL TEAMS WERE SETUP FOR HIGHER DIFFICULTY.

OFFENSE-Notes:CPU QB/WR can be set at 20/80, 25/75, 30/70 or 35/65.

The CPU's WR's will actually go get the ball in traffic and make tough catches even with the QBA set low. The lower the QBA the tougher his catch but it triggers great recieving animations. But you'll need to balance your INT/KDWN sliders if you lower his QBA. The INT Slider should be no higher 5% of the QBA slider and the KDWN slider should be anywhere from 65-90% depending on your skill. I have tried to perfect these to a point where there should be very little adjustments.

If there are any furure edits it will be at MaddenPlanet.com-But these are pretty much set in stone.

HUMAN/CPU

QBA-25/20.................(Higher WR catch slider balances this out)
PASS BLK-60/40.........(I suggest 55% for lower Pancakes totals)
WR CATCH-75/80.......(Set high to make up for low QBA)
RBA-40/45................(You should try to stay under 40%)
RUN BLK-10/40...........(If you struggle reading blocks I suggest upping it)

DEFENSE-Notes-Most defensive settings are base settings in an attempt to cut down on higher scoring games. If you prefer wide open shootouts then lower them at your own choice. The settings I post are geared towards the Human offense being contained more by grade letter's B to A rated defenses. You can still be very effective versus lower rated schools. If you are blowing a team out how about putting in your backups early in the game for extra PT. That is just a suggestion and it could make a huge difference in your dynasty anyways.

HUMAN/CPU

AWR-25/75............(25 AWR is very capable if you call smart plays.)
KDWNS-80/75........(Should range anywhere from 65-99%)
INT-25/25..............(Passes into coverage will get picked off)
BRK BLK-40/60........(If you are running too good up this to 75-90% for CPU)
TKL-80/80.............(Lower CPU's at your own desired skill)

SPT

HUMAN/CPU

FGL-40/45
FGA-30/35
PNTL-40/45
PNTA-30/40
KOL-25/40.........(YES because all kickers are on steroids in this game)

FINAL VERSION-07/20/05 AT 11:55 pm........

Quote:
PLAYMAKERS UPDATED CLASSIC ALL-AMERICAN LEVEL SLIDERS.

These sliders recieved upgrades on 07/20/05

Please take the time to read through all specific commenst that might have important information to help you resolve GAMEPLAY ISSUE's.

IMPROVES ALL GAMEPLAY ASPECTS.

07/18/05-These Sliders have been updated to provide the best gameplay on both sides of the ball. Please review comments listed beside each slider. They provide important gameplay explanations.

IMPACT PLAYERS WILL RULE-I finally have a winner here with these sliders

ALL SLIDERS HAVE BEEN REBUILT FROM THE GROUND UP. THESE SLIDERS PROVIDE THE ULTIMATE GAMEPLAY CHALLENGE FOR ALL LEVELS. THERE IS NO LONGER A REASON FOR ANY OTHERS IN THIS THREAD. IF YOU THOUGHT ANY OF MY PREVIOUS SLIDERS WERE GOOD THEN WAITE UNTIL YOU GET A LOAD OF THE NEW AND IMPROVED FINAL VERSION. THEY ARE AS FLUID AND REALISTIC AS ANY PREVIOUS VERSION I HAVE CREATED. NEW ENHANCED RUNNING GAME, QB PLAY, DL/OL BATTLES, SECONDARY IMPROVEMENT THAT MAKES YOUR SHUTDOWN CORNERS EVEN BETTER.

OFFENSE-Notes I highly reccomend the 20/25 QB ACC setting for HUMAN/CPU

*For user friendly QB play set at 35-50%
*For skilled QB play set at 0-25%
*For user friendly WR catch set to 50-60%
*For advanced WR catch set to 25-40%
*For User freindly Running game set RBA at 25% and Run Blk at 40-45%
*For advanced Running set RBA at 20% and RUN BLK to 20-40%

Also do to so much disparity regarding RB Speed within my sliders. I have come up with a possible solution that allows the user to select what specify type of back they feel is appropriate to their needs. I can only make suggestions therefor I'm going to list a few RBA/RUN BLK sliders to help the user determine which combo best serves his needs.

For example if you have Speed back you might want to use these combos within the sliders.

45/5
40/10

If you control a Power type back then a setup could be like this:

20/45
25/40

If you control a Balanced RB then maybe this is best:

35/15
30/20

However, depending on your skill level some settings might be too hard when combined together. The preferred setting I would reccomend is 25/40.

HUMAN/CPU-Changes were made as of 07/20/05

QB ACC-20/25........(The Maximum highest setting for Hum/CPU is 25/35)
PASS BLK-60/55......(Evens out Physical abilities of OL to hold up.)
WR CATCH-60/75....(50 should be the highest setting for Human play)
RB ABLTY-35/50....(25/40 is also a suggested setup for Human rushing)
RUN BLK-15/55.......(This setting for CPU keeps Pancakes at realistic amount)

DEFENSE NOTES-NOW TOP SECONDARY'S AND DL WILL REALLY SHINE

HUMAN/CPU-Changes were made as of 07/20/05

AWR-35/60..........(This is the actual player AWR setting that evens out play)
KNDWS-75/60.......(Helps to reduce the deep ball completion rate)
INT-30/20.............(Set Low to balance out low QB ACC slider)
BRK BLK-45/70......(Helps to keep both lines even.)
TKL-35/70........... (Speedy type LB's will seek and destroy)

SPECIAL TEAMS SLIDERS-Were updated for harder difficulty on Human player.

FGL-25/50
FGA-25/25
PNTL-25/50
PNTA-25/25
KOL-25/45

I DON'T POST CODES ANYMORE BECAUSE THEY GET SCREWED UP.

BY THE TIME YOU GET DONE USING THESE IN YOUR DYNASTY YOU WILL BE AFTER EVERY IMPACT PLAYER YOU CAN GET. THEY STAND OUT ALONE.

Last edited by jbmagic : 07-22-2005 at 01:14 PM.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 01:38 PM   #752
mrsimperless
College Prospect

I will try these out - that sounds like exactly what I need. I find the game too easy overall at AA and too hard on heisman. It is waaay too easy to run at default levels, but I've turned down run blocking and it is too hard. NOthing seems realistic. Hopefully this will help, thanks!

BTW, this guy seems to be doing a pretty good job, but wow is he full of himself!

Quote:
ALL SLIDERS HAVE BEEN REBUILT FROM THE GROUND UP. THESE SLIDERS PROVIDE THE ULTIMATE GAMEPLAY CHALLENGE FOR ALL LEVELS. THERE IS NO LONGER A REASON FOR ANY OTHERS IN THIS THREAD. IF YOU THOUGHT ANY OF MY PREVIOUS SLIDERS WERE GOOD THEN WAITE UNTIL YOU GET A LOAD OF THE NEW AND IMPROVED FINAL VERSION. THEY ARE AS FLUID AND REALISTIC AS ANY PREVIOUS VERSION I HAVE CREATED. NEW ENHANCED RUNNING GAME, QB PLAY, DL/OL BATTLES, SECONDARY IMPROVEMENT THAT MAKES YOUR SHUTDOWN CORNERS EVEN BETTER.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:44 PM   #753
gstelmack
Pro Starter

My big issue right now is that I can't save a game in the middle. I don't have 90 minutes or more to play out a game, so I have to keep my quarter time at 5 minutes. This makes it difficult to use a realistic set of sliders, otherwise I'd end up with 2 drives each per half.

Someday one of these games will realise that NFL Fever got it right by letting you save in the middle and come back to your game later...
Old 07-22-2005, 01:44 PM   #754
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack
My big issue right now is that I can't save a game in the middle. I don't have 90 minutes or more to play out a game, so I have to keep my quarter time at 5 minutes. This makes it difficult to use a realistic set of sliders, otherwise I'd end up with 2 drives each per half.

Someday one of these games will realise that NFL Fever got it right by letting you save in the middle and come back to your game later...

Amen to that ^^
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 03:51 PM   #755
jbmagic
Pro Starter

is there going to be a delay for NA patch in Sept?

because of the NHL new rules, free agents signings that going to happen, new CBA aggreement, NHL draft, etc
Old 07-22-2005, 03:57 PM   #756
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Due to the new NHL CBA, I think I may have to let my impact cornerback go to the NFL. I won't even try to convince him to stay.

Old 07-22-2005, 04:15 PM   #757
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm about to give the Playmaker "College GameDay" sliders a shot. I really am not having much success (I finished 5-7 with Memphis in my first season), but I've found that if I continue to play tough competition, I get better more quickly. I think I'll end up with a 4-7 record this season, but as long as I have fun, I won't complain.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:01 PM   #758
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
is there going to be a delay for NA patch in Sept?

because of the NHL new rules, free agents signings that going to happen, new CBA aggreement, NHL draft, etc

I'm reading both threads, and that just blew my mind.
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 08:23 PM   #759
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

The "College GameDay" sliders thoroughly kicked my ass. I just lost to Tennessee, 68-7.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:55 PM   #760
Ironhead
College Prospect

It finally happened. After two years in the SEC cellar my Wildcats upset a weakened but still Top 25 ranked Louisville team in a 30-37 thriller. That improves my career record against Top 25 teams to a whopping 1-11. National Championship here we come.

Last edited by Ironhead : 07-22-2005 at 11:56 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 02:11 AM   #761
j51
Mascot

This game has one bland presentation. Made it to the title game against Tx Tech, not one mention of the Rose Bowl, no mention of the national title, no mention of #1 or #2, no trophy presentation, no nothin. As far as the game was concerned it may as well have been another September Saturday afternoon. No bands, no halftime anything, and other than the chain gang there's maybe 3 guys on the sidelines. But, at least I can watch 862 clips of drunken frat boys screaming "ITS IN THE GAME!!!" and play a demo of a crappy game thats almost a year old.
j51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 02:23 AM   #762
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by j51
This game has one bland presentation. Made it to the title game against Tx Tech, not one mention of the Rose Bowl, no mention of the national title, no mention of #1 or #2, no trophy presentation, no nothin. As far as the game was concerned it may as well have been another September Saturday afternoon. No bands, no halftime anything, and other than the chain gang there's maybe 3 guys on the sidelines. But, at least I can watch 862 clips of drunken frat boys screaming "ITS IN THE GAME!!!" and play a demo of a crappy game thats almost a year old.

the demo is for 2006 upcoming EA College Madness basketball

but people say ESPN college hoops is better. a new one coming November
Old 07-23-2005, 08:44 AM   #763
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead
It finally happened. After two years in the SEC cellar my Wildcats upset a weakened but still Top 25 ranked Louisville team in a 30-37 thriller. That improves my career record against Top 25 teams to a whopping 1-11. National Championship here we come.

Congrats! You may have saved your job!!
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 03:21 PM   #764
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by j51

Wierd. In my commentary they talked about it being the national championship game and #1 facing off #2. They even mentioned how the opposing young QB was probably nervous in the national championship. There were a few comments throughout the game about the importance of this game.

However, I agree that bands and a halftime show would have been nice.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-23-2005 at 03:22 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 03:57 PM   #765
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

can anyone get the cpu to pass at ALL with " PLAYMAKERS UPDATED CLASSIC ALL-AMERICAN LEVEL SLIDERS?"

I'm not very far into my first game with them but the CPU is 0/5 passing with some horrible looking throws. The QB i'm facing is only rated 82 and WR's rated 87, 86, 80(QB, and top 2 WR's are senoirs, #3 WR is a junior), but my secondary isn't much better sporting a freshman CB rated 80, senoir CB rated 80, freshman FS rated 78 and a sophomore SS rated 84. I'm a little worried about these sliders.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 04:16 PM   #766
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I just had a great game with Jistic's sliders.

Wisconsin - 6
Iowa (me) - 19

As expected Iowa's defense was awesome, scoring 9 points in the 2nd quarter off of a safety and a 74-yard fumble return after Greenway came from behind and stripped their IP WR of the ball after he gained 15 yards. They got inside the 10 on me three times, having to settle for FGs 2 out of the 3 and the 3rd was an interception. They had about 50 yards rushing but lost 42 yards because the defense had 6 sacks.

I'm intrigued by Playmakers sliders though....
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 04:17 PM   #767
JeeberD
General Manager

THE GAME HAS ARRIVED!

Later, y'all...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 05:05 PM   #768
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
THE GAME HAS ARRIVED!

Later, y'all...

You suck

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 05:25 PM   #769
j51
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Wierd. In my commentary they talked about it being the national championship game and #1 facing off #2. They even mentioned how the opposing young QB was probably nervous in the national championship. There were a few comments throughout the game about the importance of this game.

However, I agree that bands and a halftime show would have been nice.
I just played Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl and they called it the "Red River Shootout". I guess when playing conference rivals in a bowl game the rivalry commentary is used.
j51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 05:28 PM   #770
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Now that I think about the game I had with Tennessee using the "College GameDay" sliders, I remember that my entire team had only one pancake block in the entire game. Tennessee had about 100. If I remember correctly, the Volunteers ran about 85 offensive plays. That's astounding. I'm really lost as far as what to do with the sliders. Maybe I'll give Jistic's a shot. I feel so close to actually having a very good gameplay experience, but a couple of things always end up being a little off. I could accept losing 68-7, especially considering my 9 (!) turnovers, but 100 pancake blocks to 1? I don't think so!
Old 07-23-2005, 07:08 PM   #771
Ironhead
College Prospect

These are the sliders I have been using and I am very pleased with the feel of them. They are a variation of Mudtiger's sliders on OS.

Offense (Hum/CPU)
QB Accuracy: 10/35
Pass Blocking : 0/0
WR Catching: 50/50
RB Ability: 0/20
Run Blocking: 0/0

Defense (Hum/CPU)
Awareness: 10/5
Knockdowns: 50/50
Interceptions: 0/0
Break Block: 15/0
Tackling: 0/0

Special Teams (Hum/CPU)
FG Length: 25/25
FG Accuracy: 0/0
Punt Length: 35/35
Punt Accuracy: 0/0
Kickoff Length: 30/30

In my last game against Georgia I had a defensive player have a dominant performance for the first time ever in a football game. My inside linebacker ended up with 14 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 passes deflected and a forced fumble. He isn't an impact player and is only rated 78. But he was mad crazy that game. I still lost the game 14-45 though.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 07:34 PM   #772
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
can anyone get the cpu to pass at ALL with " PLAYMAKERS UPDATED CLASSIC ALL-AMERICAN LEVEL SLIDERS?"

I'm not very far into my first game with them but the CPU is 0/5 passing with some horrible looking throws. The QB i'm facing is only rated 82 and WR's rated 87, 86, 80(QB, and top 2 WR's are senoirs, #3 WR is a junior), but my secondary isn't much better sporting a freshman CB rated 80, senoir CB rated 80, freshman FS rated 78 and a sophomore SS rated 84. I'm a little worried about these sliders.

heh, I had exactly the opposite experience, as Florida's QB started out 6-6 with 2 TDs and I believe they finished the game with somehting like 600 yards in the air. I was vastly overmatched though.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 08:21 PM   #773
JeeberD
General Manager

Son of a bitch! I can't remember how to get the rosters on my Action Replay and I can't find the directions for the bastard...

Old 07-23-2005, 08:25 PM   #774
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Son of a bitch! I can't remember how to get the rosters on my Action Replay and I can't find the directions for the bastard...

On my Xbox Action Replay, I just copy the file to my desktop or wherever, and I open the AR console in my programs list. I then drag the file to the AR (it's of course connected via a USB cable to my computer.)
Old 07-23-2005, 08:35 PM   #775
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
On my Xbox Action Replay, I just copy the file to my desktop or wherever, and I open the AR console in my programs list. I then drag the file to the AR (it's of course connected via a USB cable to my computer.)
And don't unzip the file either.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 08:37 PM   #776
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
And don't unzip the file either.

Yeah, just figured that out. Thanks for the help anyways, fellas...

Old 07-24-2005, 01:31 AM   #777
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Jeeber

so how you liking NCAA 2006 so far? i glad you finally received it.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:27 AM   #778
MrBug708
Head Coach

How do you not get so many celebration penalties? I get killed by them on D and I have unsportsmanlike conduct down to zero.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:39 AM   #779
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
How do you not get so many celebration penalties? I get killed by them on D and I have unsportsmanlike conduct down to zero.

I just saw my first celebration penalty every after playing about 8-9 games...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:25 AM   #780
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:

Don't do the extreme user celebrations. Or turn down the celebration penalty slider.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF

Last edited by General Mike : 07-25-2005 at 06:47 AM.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:00 PM   #781
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

OT: Madden 05 for PC is availale at Wal Mart for $ 9.99.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:09 PM   #782
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
I just saw my first celebration penalty every after playing about 8-9 games...

Yeah I dunk the ball on the goalpost, do that freaky little horse riding dance, and I've only gotten 1 unsportsmanlike penalty in 28 games.

If you're having problems with it, just press X or the xbox equivalent after the play to skp the celebration.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 02:38 PM   #783
MrBug708
Head Coach

I have them turned down and it's always a non user players that are doing it for me.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:48 PM   #784
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I don't do these manually, and the CPU only occasionally does this for me. I don't think I've ever had such a penalty called against me.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:35 PM   #785
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

so i'm in 2010 in my dynasty, siming most games and playing maybe 2 a year. The main thing I am wishing for is a way to get the Big East out of the BCS bowl games. The Big East has NEVER won a BCS bowl game.

They only had a ranked team playing in a BCS game 3 times. Louisville lost in the national championship game the first year, and then in another bowl a year later. And West Virginia was ranked 25 a couple of years ago and got murdered. Just this last year the Orange bowl was host to #5 Texas A&M killing unranked Pittsburgh 62-10. Out of the 8 teams in the Big East here is the breakdown:

3 prestige:
Pittsburgh
Louisville
West Virginia

2 prestige:
Rutgers

1 prestige:
UCONN
Syracuse
USF
Cincinnati

Compare that to a conference like the ACC which has 2 6*, and 3 5*, 4 4*, 3 3* and 1 2* programs right now, or the SEC which has 1 6*, 5 5*, 1 4*, 4 3*, and 1 2* programs . It just really doesn't feel good going 11-1, winning the SEC and playing a freakin' 7-6 unranked team in your BCS bowl game.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:02 PM   #786
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

The next time I play, I'm going to try Playmakers' "Classic" sliders. If that doesn't work out, I'll just go back to whatever sliders I was using before (I don't remember where I got them, but I wrote down the codes before switching to the "College GameDay" sliders). I could probably get any set of sliders to "feel" right if I did enough tweaking, but I just haven't had enough time. My wife keeps making me pack up boxes every time I want to play the game.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:48 PM   #787
General Mike
Pro Starter

The Big East sucks in this game because of the ESPN bias.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:53 AM   #788
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
The next time I play, I'm going to try Playmakers' "Classic" sliders. If that doesn't work out, I'll just go back to whatever sliders I was using before (I don't remember where I got them, but I wrote down the codes before switching to the "College GameDay" sliders). I could probably get any set of sliders to "feel" right if I did enough tweaking, but I just haven't had enough time. My wife keeps making me pack up boxes every time I want to play the game.

One thing you can do is turn off HFA (at least you used to be able to) when testing sliders. Otherwise, I suggest you play several home/away games before tossing out the sliders. I see big variances based on whether the game is at home or away, and whether or not the CPU gets on a roll.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:56 PM   #789
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty
One thing you can do is turn off HFA (at least you used to be able to) when testing sliders. Otherwise, I suggest you play several home/away games before tossing out the sliders. I see big variances based on whether the game is at home or away, and whether or not the CPU gets on a roll.

My 68-7 loss to Tennessee was at home.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:59 PM   #790
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike
The Big East sucks in this game because of the incredible realism the game offers.
Fixed
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 08:24 AM   #791
Celeval
Pro Starter

DT Linder is apparently up to tricks again...

hxxp://www.maddenmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102886
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:01 AM   #792
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
DT Linder is apparently up to tricks again...

hxxp://www.maddenmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102886

Hmmm.. maybe I stand corrected here. That's plain bs if it's indeed true.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:25 PM   #793
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Never noticed CPU coaches changing teams during dynasty before.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 05:48 PM   #794
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Because of various business trips, I haven't had a chance to play this game as much as I'd like. I'm still playing on varsity level, with some of the sliders that were posted earlier. That being said, I played two games last night and had my best two games thus far (as far as fun factor is concerned). Playing as Maryland, we entered a tough stretch of our schedule at 4-2. First game: home against Virginia Tech - very tough game as Vick ran all over us, but we pulled out a 34-31 victory. The second game we went to Doak Campbell stadium to play FSU and we found ourselves completely shutdown by their defense. We entered the 4th quarter down 7-0 (they were able to run all over us early on, but we got very lucky with a couple turnovers to kill a couple drives), and got yet another turnover at their 22. This time, we were able to get the ball in the end zone, but there was still more than half of the quarter left. Finally, with about 2 mins left in the game Josh Allen ran a dazzling 24 yard run for a TD (his longest of the day) and we took home a 14-7 victory.

I have to say, I LOVED the fact that this didn't turn into yet ANOTHER shootout. I love tough, defensive battles and this certainly turned into one.
how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 07-31-2005 at 05:49 PM.
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 06:43 PM   #795
Philliesfan980
Banned

Played a game friday night with a friend who came over after he beat me last year, and I wanted revenge this year.

We did the "random" game feature, which is nice because it gives you the option to randomize, yet still have an evenly matched game (it automatically chooses similar ranked teams from the pool). I got stuck with Cincinnati and he was Memphis. Played on All American, default sliders. We're both about the same ability wise.

I really didn't know anything about Cincinnati going into the game, but evidently they have a really stud TE (I think he was rated 96 or something around there). He racked up over 300 yards and 5 TD's for the day. Basically everything I threw at him he caught (no matter whether he was single, double, or triple covered). The final straw came when I was on his 5 yard line and threw a little fade to him in the corner of the end zone, he had 6!! defenders on him, and I still scored. Was really disappointed by the game, and haven't picked it up since.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 06:44 PM   #796
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

How do you get 6 defenders on one guy?
Old 07-31-2005, 06:48 PM   #797
MrBug708
Head Coach

Why do you throw into 6 defenders? No QB would ever do that so it serves ya right
Old 07-31-2005, 07:22 PM   #798
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
How do you get 6 defenders on one guy?

I knew someone was going to say that .

It he was playing a zone which really focused on stuff across the middle. The play was actually a TE cross, in which he goes shallow across the middle. He was playing a dime and stuff was really clustered since I was so close to the end zone. The way I lofted the ball up, it gave time for guys to come over.

Not really bashing the game, its just disappointing to see that they STILL can't get this stuff right. He also had guys dropping the ball all over the place (wide open guys) that no rightful division I player at any level would drop. Makes me think I'm not even going to bother with Madden this year. Hopefully some new text sims will pop up!
Old 07-31-2005, 07:23 PM   #799
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Why do you throw into 6 defenders? No QB would ever do that so it serves ya right

Well I did it because I could. At the point I told him what was coming to see the best way to stop it.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:07 AM   #800
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I tried Playmaker's non-classic sliders on AA. They seemed to help, but I can still run the option (as Ohio State) all over the AI. Any remedies?
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote