Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-22-2005, 12:32 PM   #751
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles
One of the things I have added is the ability to sim the entire season (and stop at any point) and not be "graded" on that performance. So, if you wanted to start with Team X, you could set the budget and then select "Sim Full season". It will sim the rest of camp and the season, then stop it in the offseason and take over in week 1. At that point, you can "take over" and have the ability to personalize your staff without fear of having a negative season impact your coach job performance.

I don't think it's a petty issue, but I have tried to offer a solution to help people that feel the way you do. There are others who wanted to start with the offseason recruiting as the first stage, so this allows them to do that as well. Plus, there are even more who want to have 5-6 years of league history before they start - which this allows too.

It is a nice feature. Thanks for that.

If you want a page of nit-picks from me, let me know. I really don't like several lay-out related things.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 12:39 PM   #752
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Cool, thanks!

I don't think I've bought a game from you guys yet, but I think this one will be the first.

I haven't really followed this thread or the game's development much at all - is there a definitive release date, a time frame, or what?
Not yet. We are testing the multiplayer and editing aspects right now. Once we get through that we will release a date. The testing is going well, but I don't want to commit until I know it works.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 12:40 PM   #753
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
So how is everyone handling recruiting since it occurs at a particular stage in the season. Does that still bother some people or do you find that with the other responsibilities, that this seems more appropriate for this type of game?
Well, there are two sides to that. On the one hand, there are those who value realism, on the other, there are those whose little pea brains apparently can't handle more than one thought at a time during the season, so much so that they would rather have a game that plays like the NFL rather than the way college football really works. The latter crowd won out.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:40 PM   #754
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg
It is a nice feature. Thanks for that.

If you want a page of nit-picks from me, let me know. I really don't like several lay-out related things.
Anyone (especially GrantDawg ) is welcome to send me an email at [email protected]. Now, we are locking down major feature changes now but that doesn't mean I won't make some small changes if they are doable. All feedback is appreciated.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 12:47 PM   #755
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Well, there are two sides to that. On the one hand, there are those who value realism, on the other, there are those whose little pea brains apparently can't handle more than one thought at a time during the season, so much so that they would rather have a game that plays like the NFL rather than the way college football really works. The latter crowd won out.

Tis a sad day
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 12:47 PM   #756
GrantDawg

Quote:
Thank God for us little pea-brains instead of the faggoty people who wanted to bog the game down.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 11-22-2005 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:53 PM   #757
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Thank God for us little pea-brains instead of the faggoty people who wanted to bog the game down.
January is heavy recruiting season, getting ready for next month's signing day.
February is heavy recruiting season, for the last few days before signing day, and then starting over with Juniors..
March is heavy recruiting season, with the importance of Junior film evaluation.
April is heavy recruiting season, because you want to have Juniors at your spring game.
May is heavy recruiting season, because you can go see Juniors at their Spring Practice, and start contacting them on May 1st.
June-July is heavy recruiting season, because those are the times to host camps at your campus to recruit.
August-December is heavy recruiting season, because you're checking out prospects every Friday night, having them for official and unofficial visits, and the so-called "off" weeks are HUGE for sending your entire coaching staff out to see players in person, talk to parents, glad-hand coaches, and the like.

But more people wanted the game to play like the NFL, where roster building is done in separate stages. I accept that.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:00 PM   #758
GrantDawg

Quote:
January is heavy recruiting season, getting ready for next month's signing day.
February is heavy recruiting season, for the last few days before signing day, and then starting over with Juniors..
March is heavy recruiting season, with the importance of Junior film evaluation.
April is heavy recruiting season, because you want to have Juniors at your spring game.
May is heavy recruiting season, because you can go see Juniors at their Spring Practice, and start contacting them on May 1st.
June-July is heavy recruiting season, because those are the times to host camps at your campus to recruit.
August-December is heavy recruiting season, because you're checking out prospects every Friday night, having them for official and unofficial visits, and the so-called "off" weeks are HUGE for sending your entire coaching staff out to see players in person, talk to parents, glad-hand coaches, and the like.

But more people wanted the game to play like the NFL, where roster building is done in separate stages. I accept that.

It is a game-play factor pure and simple. If (like in real life) you could depend upon your Recruiting Cordinator setting things up for you where you could make a few desicions and quickly move on, it wouldn't be bad. But a TCY set-up where you spending 30 minutes to an hour between every game setting up and recruiting (more time on recruiting than actual game prep is not realistic) just kills the game for the majority of players. Since the computer generally can't be trusted to make good desicions for you, Arlie's system is probably the best you can get.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:10 PM   #759
Ben E Lou

Quote:
It is a game-play factor pure and simple. If (like in real life) you could depend upon your Recruiting Cordinator setting things up for you where you could make a few desicions and quickly move on, it wouldn't be bad. But a TCY set-up where you spending 30 minutes to an hour between every game setting up and recruiting (more time on recruiting than actual game prep is not realistic) just kills the game for the majority of players. Since the computer generally can't be trusted to make good desicions for you, Arlie's system is probably the best you can get.
That's because you (and many others) view college football from a more casual fan's perspective--as being about the games each week. I view it as being about recruiting first, gameplanning/etc, second. You don't win if you don't have the players. I view *everything* about college football through the filter of "how will this impact our recruiting?" {shrug}
Old 11-22-2005, 06:44 PM   #760
st.cronin
General Manager

I more or less agreed with Skydog during the discussion leading up to the demo, but playing around with the demo today, I feel more strongly than ever that the recruiting choice was a mistake.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 06:55 PM   #761
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
That's because you (and many others) view college football from a more casual fan's perspective--as being about the games each week. I view it as being about recruiting first, gameplanning/etc, second. You don't win if you don't have the players. I view *everything* about college football through the filter of "how will this impact our recruiting?" {shrug}

I agree with you about its importance but perhaps (to some) too dominantely (sp?) that gameplanning/game results became a very distant second endeavor. I favor the recruiting part (as I do in FBCB as well) and it really doesn't matter whether it's in season or not, just that it became the game because you want to do well (i.e., in looking towards the every recycling future).
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:22 PM   #762
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I'm downloading the Demo, just for fun.

**Does the new DSL Dance

Edit to Add: HAHA I'm posting WHILE dowloading the file HAHAHA!!!

Next I'll be running with scissors!

Last edited by Glengoyne : 11-22-2005 at 10:23 PM.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:33 PM   #763
jbmagic
Pro Starter

does defense position seem reverse???

the demo shows
LDT and LDE are on the right side

and RDT and RDE are on the left.

it should be

RDE RDT LDT LDE

LT LG RG RT

Last edited by jbmagic : 11-22-2005 at 10:36 PM.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:39 PM   #764
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
does defense position seem reverse???

the demo shows
LDT and LDE are on the right side

and RDT and RDE are on the left.

it should be

RDE RDT LDT LDE

LT LG RG RT

no jb, Arlie addressed this. he said that the defense is viewed from the offense's side of the ball (does that make that make sense, or should it be the other way around?)
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:44 PM   #765
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
no jb, Arlie addressed this. he said that the defense is viewed from the offense's side of the ball (does that make that make sense, or should it be the other way around?)

hmm

i think it should be the other way around. look at fof.

i hope he change it. so it wont get confusing

in the NFL and college the LDE and LDE are in front of the RT and RG

Last edited by jbmagic : 11-22-2005 at 10:49 PM.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote