Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-31-2004, 11:59 AM   #751
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Jon the Baptist was the ugliest woman ever coined by the easy-on-the-eyes character generation system in CoH. Once we got past that, it was kind of a retro feel tonight bumping around with a bunch of lower level characters. I don't think anyone got past eight, but no one finished up lower than five, right?

How far do we want to bring the lower level guys along before mixing them up as sidekicks with the higher level guys? There are obviously some level considerations for Perez/Boom/Faultline (and beyond) so I would expect we would want to try and get them in striking distance of their movement power in most cases before looking to sidekick.

It was good to see OldSchool making his way onto the Victory server. Although we didn't group with him, last I heard he was at Level 5 and drunk.

Quik, was wondering where you were tonight. I stayed up for awhile expecting that I would bump into you at some point. Oh well, other times.

You will never believe what happened...as a bonus to my night, I get a call from my mom in Cape May, her ride home broke down, so now my daughter and her are stuck there. She begs for my brother and I to pick her up. We leave at 10 p.m., we get there at 12:00 (good time!) for all the police traps. We get to my mom's in Lansdale at 2:30. I'm ready to go home, on the ride home my daughter proceeds to throw up all contents in her stomach. I frantically call my brother to have a bath ready and the washing machine ready. I drop my daughter in the tub (my brother acts as lifeguard) while I wash the clothes, and the car seat, and the child seat. (I'm completely exhausted at this point). Get Zia out of the tub, into PJs, give her some room temperature sprite for the tummy, tuck her in bed, clean up some more (the tub) and go to sleep. She wakes me up at 9 today (I think I made it to bed at four)...

Therefore no city of heros, perhaps today though...what a day.
Sorry for missing everyone, I'm going to try out a character too...cya online.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 05:19 PM   #752
OldSchool
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
It was good to see OldSchool making his way onto the Victory server. Although we didn't group with him, last I heard he was at Level 5 and drunk.

Ended up level 6 and plastered
OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 07:19 AM   #753
gi
College Prospect

Jon is ugly....Though Princess Io showcased my ability to make a hot chick... For this Tuesday I will be playing Princess Io (level 7 right now) Not going to be doing the SK thing. If anyone wishes to play alts in the level range of 7 to 12 you can join up with me and Foxxy Coco (Tank)
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 07:50 AM   #754
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just took a look at how long we have been playing this game ... started in earnest right around May 1. We moved over to Virtue near the end of the month, where we commenced with our Tue/Thur routine. So we have been rolling out our group for a little over two months. I know that a bunch of us thought we would be sick of this game after 3 months, but I'm happy to report that hasn't been the case here at all.

Had a ton of time to play this weekend and got Revlon up to Level 12 and Don up to 23. Looking forward to playing either of them (or my other two alts, which are 13/14 range) with you guys later this week.

Some of the early posts in this thread are very amusing looking back. For example, the fear we collectively had of Perez Park ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 07:53 AM   #755
gi
College Prospect

Right now I am fearing the 29 Level Family in Kings Row..

I am surprised I am not done with this game yet too. Tues/Thur Group is a blast. I'm looking forward to this game maturing over time. Warcraft and Matrix Online games might make me abandon this game, but for now, we shall see.

Here is Princess Io and Foxxy Coco from last night...

Last edited by gi : 08-02-2004 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:32 AM   #756
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

I heard WOW blows chunks of monkey anus and I might give MO a try, but the info I've gathered on it was also not so peachy.

If cryptic can bang out an issue every 1 - 2 months, they might have my business for a good long time. The game is easy to play and our regular group makes it that much better. I would probably still play without our group, but it would be no where near as enjoyable.

Got Ramble up to 11 on the weekend and was out until 2am so I didn't get back on as I had thought. I am one tired SOB.

We can play our new alts tuesday, doesn't matter to me. There is something to say for the often leveling pre-20.
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 08:37 AM   #757
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I reached level 22 with Silver Streak last night with Don's help. I only got the game June 25th, so I'm a little behind y'all. It's nice to play in a group, but as Madden 2005 draws near, more and more of my "free time" will be taken up with NCAA and Madden.

On a side note, looking back at stuff, I wish I would have made better choices with my powers. I should have gone electricity/devices as opposed to electricity/electricity. Are there any other "career" choices that you look back on and would change?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 08:38 PM   #758
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Saw Princess Io, Plinth, and OldSchool (can't remember your alt) on tonight. Teamed with them and am close to level 10 with Azure Hurricane.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:39 PM   #759
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Pyrodriod...teamed with Pyrodroid tonight
Old 08-02-2004, 09:19 PM   #760
hoopsguy
General Manager

FWIW: out tomorrow night. Going to a concert with the wife.

Also, picked up a new graphics card today: Radeon 9200. Tinkered around for a little bit this afternoon and load times looked faster. Hopefully that holds up during busier hours, as I'm sick of slowing down our groups with slow load times. If this doesn't do the trick, then time to buy some memory. And if that doesn't work, I don't have a clear Plan C.
Old 08-04-2004, 08:11 AM   #761
Bonegavel

A) sorry i was late last night - i had to work until after 8 last night
B) sorry i cut off at 11 last night - see above

I think we broke into 2 parties last night. Higher level group and new/lowbies group. Princess Io led us to our deaths a few times in my 11th level Vahz mission but that isn't surprising since I always have to wait until i outlevel my vahz missions before I can complete them. But, it was fun trying (and debt at lower levels is negligible).

Since the weekend, I've been unable to get anything going with Ramble so I will probably be on tonight with him trying to level his ass to 14 so i can at least get super jump.

Last edited by Bonegavel : 08-04-2004 at 08:12 AM.
Old 08-04-2004, 08:15 AM   #762
gi
College Prospect

I might be on tonight as well with Io. Sorry about that leading to your death thing...figured it wouldn't be too hard. Was proven wrong, again and again and again

Had fun hunting in Perez. 3 of us? made a level.

Starting to like my Earth/Emp controller. Besides being better to look at than pretty boy Aucoin, she can manage a crowd.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:28 AM   #763
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

3 new characters:

Shockburn eng/dev blaster
Hangfire fire/dev blaster
Ignix fir/kinetics controller

They are all low level, but so far, I really like Hangfire and Ignix. If they are too low I will play BattleFlag who is halfway to 15.

-edited to rename Shockburn

-probably will retire my tanker, just not enjoying playing with him.

Last edited by Qwikshot : 08-04-2004 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:47 PM   #764
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

With the help of Ramble, Ms. Revon, and Plinith...
Hangfire made it to eight last night.

I plan to be on tonight, anyone else?
Old 08-05-2004, 02:04 PM   #765
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Azure Hurricane (level 10, 200xp to level 11) or
Silver Streak (level 22...a long ways from level 23)

will be on tonight.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:07 PM   #766
gi
College Prospect

After my class I will be on tonight. Aucoin or Princess Io will make an appearance. I'd prefer Aucoin...but whatever anyone else wants.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:27 PM   #767
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi
After my class I will be on tonight. Aucoin or Princess Io will make an appearance. I'd prefer Aucoin...but whatever anyone else wants.

Yeah I will try to make it, but victory has been really bad to me lately. Was getting alot of disconnects and real wierd lag that was causing me to run into mobs. Also just to let you guys know tuesdays night starting in Sept. I will be late. I just started college and have a class on tuesday nights.
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 05:09 PM   #768
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I have one more preference...could we all in our descriptions (even if you don't have one) put your FOFC handle...I know I've got multiple alts and I'm sure it's hard to keep track of who is who...
Old 08-05-2004, 05:19 PM   #769
gi
College Prospect

Great idea Qwikshot, though for me I know most of you more by your CoH names
Old 08-05-2004, 06:44 PM   #770
Thomkal
Head Coach

I vote for the big boys tonight since we did the little guys on Tuesday
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 07:04 PM   #771
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
I vote for the big boys tonight since we did the little guys on Tuesday

Seeing that Battleflag is just 14, and Hangfire is 8, they're pretty much all I got...
Old 08-05-2004, 07:41 PM   #772
Bonegavel

Going on as Albino now.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:29 PM   #773
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Good deal tonight. I'm close to level 23 (about 90% of the way there). I'm glad we played with the high level guys as opposed to the lower ones. Running for travel gets old after a while
Old 08-05-2004, 11:00 PM   #774
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Saddened to miss everyone, but I guess thems the breaks...
Old 08-06-2004, 05:35 AM   #775
hoopsguy
General Manager

Seemed like the group was collectively gassed last night, as we broke up right at the 11PM EST stop time. Usually there are a couple of people pushing forward, but not last night.

Got my first look at Terra Volta yesterday and it is a scary place for soloing with a Level 23 guy. I think I'll have to stick with Dark Astoria or the streets of IP/Talos for now ...

One kind of amusing part last night was that we ran Bonegavel's mission to finish the Dr. Vaz storyline. Albino Claw is Level 21, and apparently out-leveled the story arc. So all the Vaz were Level 19, including the arch-villain at the end. They got completely punked by our Level 21-23 heroes ... never have seen an arch-villain lay down like that.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 08-06-2004 at 05:36 AM.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:27 AM   #776
Bonegavel

Hehe, yeah. I think only one of us had more than 25% endurance before I jumped on top of Dr Vahz himself. We beat him senseless with nary a worry. I am glad to get a story arc complete as I guess it opens up new arcs.

I can't wait to see higher level content with our big boys.

As for last night, I was so tired I could barely stay focused on my monitor. As usual, I will probably be spending a lot of time this weekend in Paragon city. Sunday I have a birthday party to attend in another part of the state (bday parties for kids that can't speak or walk yet is the BIGGEST waste of time EVER!).

Albino is the highest level I've reached as of yet in the game and am looking forward to seeing the sights of a new section of town. Maybe we should stick to the high level guys on Tues/Thurs and use our lowbies on off nights. Although, I think I am going to log as the Claw tonight and see if I can't get that level 22 I was so keen on yesterday. As I mentioned last night, hell or high water turned out to be 2300 EST.

Our team is really ripping it up now. The only death for me happened when I stupidly jumped on a Purple Tsoo Boss. I figured that Don was headed right for him and it sucks to be wrong. We have to go back to chatting it up before a Boss engagement.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:33 AM   #777
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I will make it to level 23 tonight, so if anyone wants to group, I have a few missions.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:31 AM   #778
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Got Hangfire to 10 last night, so I'm closing the gap
Old 08-06-2004, 12:28 PM   #779
Raiders Army
Coordinator

You can be sidekicked, and you'll definitely level faster, due to more xp per kill. I'll be on tonight, so just give me a tell.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:21 AM   #780
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Sorry about last night Albino. Mission was too hard. Good news is that this morning I made it to level 23 with Silver Streak, and level 11 for Azure Hurricane.

Also started a new chick tanker, White Napalm (Fire/Fire) who is level 4. I think I'll be playing her a lot, since he's pretty hot (no pun intended, nor is rhyming intended).
Old 08-09-2004, 08:03 AM   #781
Bonegavel

No problem RA - debt is just something my scrapper does.

Thanks to Don and others, Albino Claw has made 23! I'm thinking of getting hover at 24 so I can use SJ to leap up and at the peak hit hover so i can get out of harm's way and not worry about SJ'ing into another crowd.

What a great weekend for CoH. Finally visited Dark Astoria and the hunting there is great and the fog effect is really nice. You see the dark outlines of pedestrians but they dissapate as you approach. Very claustrophobic and a nice change from the norm.

I have to find an antedote for that damn Hurricane of the Shaman and Sorcerer. Makes it challenging, but boy is that a pain.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:30 AM   #782
gi
College Prospect

I have been ignoring pretty boy aucoin far too long. Going to start playing him a ton to catch up to you all.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:27 AM   #783
Bonegavel

If you can catch a hunting party in Dark Astoria you can gain a ton of constant xp because you can go from group to group without much hesitation as it doesn't seem to be very crowded with other players. The mob groups are tight packs of 10 or so of banished pantheon. Just have to be careful with smaller teams and shamans. Seems if you have a 1-3 sized team more than 2 shamans can be tricky. Especially those damn Storm Shamans.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:47 AM   #784
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bone, if you liked DA then I think you will enjoy the hunting in Terra Volta as well now that you have claimed Level 23. Had some fun missions tracking down Raiders and Freaks there, but I would strongly advise you bring a party. I was playing it with Ming and his healer friend and the three of us were able to take down 23/24 parties but struggled with the 25s and above. Experience is also plentiful there. Of course, there is also plenty of good stuff to find in IP and Talos for a couple of more levels as well. But in TV it is kind of like Faultine, with bosses in every mob. DA is more like Boomtown on steroids (which was Perez + BALCO).

How would people feel about doing a task force this week? We have a group in the 21-25 range who have not taken on the 3rd task force in IP. And I think our lower level guys are getting to the point where they could try the first task force in Steel. Everyone should be able to participate in one of those task forces, although we might end up with two small groups instead of one large group, depending on who is interested.

Totem hunting in DA was very fun, wish I could have stuck around longer for that action this weekend.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:17 PM   #785
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Got Hangfire to 13 last night...going to up the hunting ante tonight and head to boomtown.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:33 PM   #786
Bonegavel

Nice qwik, I wish I would have made Phaero fire/dev instead of fire/ice just to try out the now legendary uber build but I was too concerned that they were going to nerf devices so i didn't want to get too comfortable with them

I think I'd be up for a Task Force this week. Would definitely put a dent into my quest for Level 24 (all 56000 XP of it). I have so many characters I want to advance, but there are only so many hours free and I want Albino to be relatively on par with Don so we can SK any that need it and stay relatively even. I want to see that high level content i hear so much about.

Speaking of Fire/Dev, in DA yesterday I witnessed a Fire/Dev blaster soloing mobs and it was a sight to behold. He smoke grenaded them. Aim/BuildUp/Fireball'd the group. Whatever didn't fall then was firebreath'd and caltrop'd (to keep them from running) to hell. Almost the entire group of Banished Pantheon was down and he didn't take a lick of damage. Interesting.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:46 PM   #787
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'd be up for a TF, but I can't play too late (boss always wants me to do PT at 0600 with him).

Also, on the blaster thing, I picked electricity since it said that it would reduce the target's endurance...it does, but very, very little. Oh well, at least the name was okay.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:19 PM   #788
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel
Speaking of Fire/Dev, in DA yesterday I witnessed a Fire/Dev blaster soloing mobs and it was a sight to behold. He smoke grenaded them. Aim/BuildUp/Fireball'd the group. Whatever didn't fall then was firebreath'd and caltrop'd (to keep them from running) to hell. Almost the entire group of Banished Pantheon was down and he didn't take a lick of damage. Interesting.

/drool/
Old 08-09-2004, 02:34 PM   #789
Bonegavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I'd be up for a TF, but I can't play too late (boss always wants me to do PT at 0600 with him).

Also, on the blaster thing, I picked electricity since it said that it would reduce the target's endurance...it does, but very, very little. Oh well, at least the name was okay.

Your damage output was sorely missed after your departure. I tried electricty on one character and I just didn't like the sound effects. Reminded me too much of the clockworks. You still do nice damage regardless of the underperforming end reduction thing.

I have a feeling the end reduction comes in handy at higher levels. If you ever notice in the early to teen levels villains appear to use NO Endurance during attacks. Now in the 20s, I notice sorcerers using about half to 3/4 of their endurance sometimes. I would guess it goes up from there where the bad guys start spamming attacks like regular characters.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:33 AM   #790
Bonegavel

While the entire group was present, last night's session was a frenzy of death and the XP was rolling in like water against the shore. Too bad it broke up so soon. With the full group I hardly ever die (allowing Don to soak up all the aggro was the main contributor to that fact) and last night was no exception. I think Streak was the only member to die during our peak and that was when the group was separated and, well, he is a blaster.

Project Virus is our new Tank in training. Funny watching him throw down Unyielding Stance and have a pedestrian push him away from a Consig. Hehe. They have got to change that. I'm sure it is fun for PV to jump into the crowd and soften them up, but i still think it wise that we let Don jump in first. Being that he has no soul and is made of stone, Don is the best at taking a beating. But you two can hash that out.

Some of us had our first REAL experience with Devouring Earth and, luckily, they were only Level 25/26s and were mainly pushovers. I had previously encountered them with my Blaster on Virtue and the team I was with handled them with ease (much like we did), but I've read on the CoH forums that DE are one of the Villains you need to handle with care and are best hunted for fun and not if you want to maximize your XP gain. The Tree's of Life keep them pretty healthy. Don't know if it was an accident or Don was using his noggin' when he pushed that one out to sea and away from the shore that was full of TOLs. Don's knockback will come in super-handy for that.

Cometflash gained a level last night (20, i think) and Hangfire, our lowly sidekicked fire/dev blaster, gained 14 and Super Jump. Aucoin ditched us early to team with his bud and we lost our candy. he has to get his bud to appreciate SKing. After that, around 11pm EST, most of the team departed to dance with the gods of slumber.

After that is when the dying started. PV, Hangfire, and I hunted for a while and i died at least once during that time. After they quit team I soloed for a bit longer. Before i logged for the night I think I gathered about 9k in debt. I purposely got in over my head with a 24 Freakshow Boss with a LT and a minion and was 50 HP away from killing the boss when i got whacked by accidentally aggro'ing a 25 sorc/spirit that had spawned during the battle. I was doing well up until that point and was pretty excited to see I could solo 3 mobs including a boss and an LT of +1 level, albeit with a little SJ'ing mixed in.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:43 AM   #791
gi
College Prospect

Pretty boy Aucoin will be pushing the drugs all night on Thursday...
Old 08-11-2004, 09:01 AM   #792
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

Unfourtantly I didnt realize that US turns off Temp Invul until I was lvl 22. Its a nice tradeoff for the ability to not be stunned, held, or knocked down. Got lvl 25 this morning and was able to put another dam resist SO in US. When I solo I fight groups my level and get a nice build up of respites than I jump into large groups that are +2 levels than me and have been pretty succesful so far. When Im in a group I take it for granted that Im using respites when I solo, so I end up going in over my head. Thats probably why Im so eager to jump in first.
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:32 AM   #793
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Devouring Earth will remain pretty much pushovers for you, at least for a little while. Even in the low 30's they still drop pretty fast. The only ones to really watch out for are the Fungoids, as they can put you to sleep (but I'm sure you already know that) and the Devoured Bosses. They hit pretty hard.

The Family and 5th Column were my personal favorite hunting targets during my 20s...especially hunting for 5th Column puppies. Those're fun.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:53 AM   #794
Bonegavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageofquarrel
Unfourtantly I didnt realize that US turns off Temp Invul until I was lvl 22. Its a nice tradeoff for the ability to not be stunned, held, or knocked down. Got lvl 25 this morning and was able to put another dam resist SO in US. When I solo I fight groups my level and get a nice build up of respites than I jump into large groups that are +2 levels than me and have been pretty succesful so far. When Im in a group I take it for granted that Im using respites when I solo, so I end up going in over my head. Thats probably why Im so eager to jump in first.

Just busting your ass. I have no issues with anyone doing anything they want. I am just a believer in the roles mentality. If you start tanking, what is Don to do? Not that it isn't fun to mix things up a bit, but you know what i mean.

The biggest issue that this game has, IMHO, is that most builds need teams to level effectively but at the same time, some builds make others irrelevant in the team setting. There should definitely be challenges that make big teams with diverse builds necessary and yet maintain the solo-able challenges for those that like to go it alone.

I think last night we saw the Purple Patch in action. We were way overpowered for the villains we could hit effectively (24-27). As soon as we went up a few levels (28s) we were wiffing so bad it was horrible. If we tried to take on 29s, i think it would have taken 2 hours to fight 1 mob. Pre Purple patch, you could take on those higher level mobs and hit effectively, but, of course it would take longer, but at least you would hit them.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:41 AM   #795
Thomkal
Head Coach

Comet did indeed reach level 20 last night, but still needs to be power-levelled to 21 so we can go to Dark Astoria.

I'm happy I picked up a third, non area-of attack power in Proton Volley, even if I'm not sure I ever hit anything with it after I got it. Glad PV talked me out of the quest for team teleport.

Hunting on the bridge and below was fun, did get kind of boring at the end though hunting the same things over and over, so maybe we can do a door mission tonight or Thurs?

Last edited by Thomkal : 08-11-2004 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:49 AM   #796
gi
College Prospect

If you all take some screenshots, I'll host so we can post em.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:56 PM   #797
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Sounds good. I think we can all take some screenshots and send them to you. BTW, you were missed last night, but totally understand...some of us do have friends outside FOFC and the SG. (unfortunately, I'm not one of them)

Anyhow, it is interesting to see how things have come together for our group. As stated in previous posts, I think we have a good mix of ATs, as well as a good mesh of personalities. I find it much more boring to solo mobs than become part of a team (even if it's only two or three people). I think Cometflash was doing what I've been doing lately...I picked my last three out of four powers for the group, instead of myself (all leadership). Interesting what will happen when we start killing stuff that's really hard.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:37 PM   #798
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Well, I'm stuck on midway to 15, and I died 3 times last night after leaving the group. Hunted Hydra solo in Perez and did quite well, very thankful to accompany a level 40 empath healer who was looking out for groups in the Hydra infested waters (he didn't team with me, he just healed). His name was Scilence, very cool.

Anyway took care of my debt, got kicked out due to cable issues (was with a large group and not getting much xp). Got back on around 2 a.m. and hit skyway, died once, grinded to get out, then ran into a pack of orange lost minions that I thought I could handle...failed miserably twice.

So now I'm 800 in the hole, the high end guys are getting out of my range for xp (working with Albino helped immensely but I can't group with Don anymore because I just don't get xp, the walking mushrooms and bladegrass were netting me 1 to 8 xp per kill)

The lower group is too low that I would leach most of their xp, so I'll have to wait for them to level higher.

Still I'm enjoying Hangfire greatly, I just don't have enough time (nor when I do) to join with you guys, and I'm extremely hesistant to work with other groups, just not enough decent coordination.

Plus I think the Fire/Dev solos well, I just need more firepower to knock out minions quicker. I think if I hit 15, I put one more into firebreath, and fireball, and I should be able to take down big parties of minions (though the fire breath takes a long activation time enough to get me killed).

I think this is one of those dips, where a character is too strong for lower minions, and too weak for stronger ones...

I think I'll stick to Steel and take out scrapper Tsaos which I seem to be able to kill up to orange level...

Fire/Devs are definately not boss killers.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:41 AM   #799
Thomkal
Head Coach

Just a heads up that you might not see Cometflash tonight due to double delights of Bonnie and Charlie here in South Carolina. Likely will be there since its the weaker Bonnie tonight, but just in case.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:54 AM   #800
Bonegavel

Broke out my old fire/ice blaster Phaero last night. He is now 11.5 and made me realize why I stopped playing blasters: they make me feel like a wuss. Scrappers and Tanks allow you to go in and mix it up with near reckless abandon. Blasters need to hang back and run at the first sign of trouble. But, the damage this boy can do is nice.

I was soloing large packs of mobs in the streets of Perez (1 to 2 levels below me). Ingredients: First, add 1 Cup of Fireball (AoE and DoT). Next, 1 Tbsp of Rain of Fire. Mix in with a few doses of Flares and Fire Blast. When the boss/Lt comes out to play I introduce Fire Breath and stir. Very effective.

Sure i was bagging smaller xp per mob, but when the log screen flashes with 10 green entries in a row with Experience X Influence X and I have no chance of harm, I can handle that. At the very least it is a decent diversion for now.

What is on the plate for tonight?