Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-21-2006, 11:06 PM   #751
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7 View Post
In the scenes from next week they showed about 1/3 of his face. He kind of looked like a secondary character from 24 but I haven't looked it up because I want to be surprised.

:Spoiler for KevinNU7:

Good eyes. I knew he looked familiar.

:end spoiler:

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:40 AM   #752
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Just saw the episode tonight with Mrs. Eaglesfan. I agree with every one of these points. I still think the actress is bad, but I love the Eden character now.

Agreed wholeheartedly. The actress is terrible.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:33 PM   #753
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

to whoever might have missed an episode, SciFi channell seems to be replaying many of them in some sort of a marathon. Here's what the yahoo TV search just spit out:
Sort: By Relevance | Chronologically
Heroes - "Homecoming"
SCIFI, Mon Nov 27 07:00pm EST
Heroes - "Homecoming"
SCIFI, Mon Nov 27 07:00pm EST
Heroes - "Six Months Ago"
NBC, Mon Nov 27 09:00pm EST
Heroes - "Pilot"
SCIFI, Wed Nov 29 06:00pm EST
Heroes - "Pilot"
SCIFI, Wed Nov 29 06:00pm EST
Heroes - "Don't Look Back"
SCIFI, Wed Nov 29 07:00pm EST
Heroes - "Don't Look Back"
SCIFI, Wed Nov 29 07:00pm EST
Heroes - "One Giant Leap"
SCIFI, Wed Nov 29 08:00pm EST
Heroes - "One Giant Leap"
SCIFI, Wed Nov 29 08:00pm EST
Heroes - "Collision"
SCIFI, Wed Nov 29 09:00pm EST
Heroes - "Collision"
SCIFI, Wed Nov 29 09:00pm EST
Heroes - "Hiro's"
SCIFI, Wed Nov 29 10:00pm EST
Heroes - "Hiro's"
SCIFI, Wed Nov 29 10:00pm EST
Heroes - "Better Halves"
SCIFI, Wed Nov 29 11:00pm EST
Heroes - "Better Halves"
SCIFI, Wed Nov 29 11:00pm EST
SCIFI, Fri Dec 01 07:00pm EST
SCIFI, Fri Dec 01 07:00pm EST

I don't have SciFi channel but thought tjat maybe somebody might use the headsup...

FM
Old 11-26-2006, 11:56 PM   #754
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Anybody that watch last week episode at the very beginning when they are showing what had happen so far from previous episodes, they do show a clear picture of Sylar in the restaurant.

If you have it on Tivo check it out.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:02 PM   #755
KevinNU7
College Starter

WOOT! I was right.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:13 PM   #756
KevinNU7
College Starter

I didn't realize the Dad's suicide was so recent
Old 11-27-2006, 08:27 PM   #757
KevinNU7
College Starter

Wow, just wow
Old 11-27-2006, 09:05 PM   #758
Izulde
Head Coach

What a depressing ending to the episode.

I like how they recapped last week's cliffhangers, though and I found myself really feeling for Sylar. Who among us hasn't been in his position at some point or another and maybe are in it now? But my greatest sadness is for Hiro.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:23 PM   #759
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Wow... that was a cool ep. Sylar is very intriguing. Could have made him cookie cutter, but went another angle. It seems Sylar's original power was that he could figure out how anything worked... including, it appears, the human brain. So he takes human brains because he can figure out how it is affected by a power and then is able to apply it to his own brain? I wonder how... perhaps by making it into injection form or something?
Old 11-27-2006, 09:25 PM   #760
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Though next week will be interesting. One hero is offed and they promise the mother of all cliffhangers... this show has been so well written, that I believe they won't disappoint.

But yeah... poor Hiro . Though now he knows some of the limits to his powers.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:28 PM   #761
TRO
College Prospect

[geeked]wowie wow wow[/geek]

Very good episode, closed some questions in great ways and opened up a few.

Sylar's character just got very intriguing. I also REALLY want to know more about the Hatian.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:35 PM   #762
Coop
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Wow... that was a cool ep. Sylar is very intriguing. Could have made him cookie cutter, but went another angle. It seems Sylar's original power was that he could figure out how anything worked... including, it appears, the human brain. So he takes human brains because he can figure out how it is affected by a power and then is able to apply it to his own brain? I wonder how... perhaps by making it into injection form or something?

That's how I think it works..but I was hoping he was eating the brains

I really really really really really really hope they kill Nikki. Everytime her character comes onto the screen it just kills the show :-\
Old 11-27-2006, 09:43 PM   #763
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
That's how I think it works..but I was hoping he was eating the brains

I really really really really really really hope they kill Nikki. Everytime her character comes onto the screen it just kills the show :-\

Actually I thought Nikki-Jessica became slightly more interesting after this week's episode. Now it no longer seems like a simple case of split personality, but the avenue of possession is also opened up, with the potential for further exploration into the relationship between spirit and body.. which would prove particularly interesting when contrasted with Suresh's theory that the soul, if it exists, residing in the brain.

In fact, maybe that's a clue... that both Jessica and Nikki's souls reside in Nikki's brain.

Just me speculating out loud.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:44 PM   #764
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

But when Sylar is gone who is going to be the supervillian? Gotta keep Nikki/Jessica... I liked seeing Jessica come out and wonder what exactly happened there with the transfered conciousness.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:07 PM   #765
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Actually I thought Nikki-Jessica became slightly more interesting after this week's episode. Now it no longer seems like a simple case of split personality, but the avenue of possession is also opened up, with the potential for further exploration into the relationship between spirit and body.. which would prove particularly interesting when contrasted with Suresh's theory that the soul, if it exists, residing in the brain.

In fact, maybe that's a clue... that both Jessica and Nikki's souls reside in Nikki's brain.

Just me speculating out loud.
I wonder if Jessica has the superpowers and Nikki has nothing. Jessica has exhibited super strength as well as possibly possession. Nikki hasn't displayed anything at all.

Not to go off on a tangent, but both DC and Marvel characters have weaknesses. Whereas DC superheroes have a tangible weakness (kryptonite, the color yellow, etc.) the Marvel superheroes tend to have intangible weaknesses (with great power comes great responsibility, beserker rage, etc.). I'm wondering if Nikki isn't Jessica's weakness.

Speaking of weaknesses, I thought Hiro's "weakness" was well written and fit in well into the story. It may not necessarily be a weakness as so much a limitation of his powers. Of course, he has to have some limitations or we'd what if the show to death.

I agree that Sylar's character is even more sympathetic than we previously thought. The only guy that I out-and-out dislike is Nathan. IMHO, he has no redeemable qualities whatsoever.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:03 AM   #766
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Hell of an episode tonight. I keep waiting to be disappointed by this show, and it keeps getting better.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:43 AM   #767
Lorena
Unregistered

So why is Sylar a sympathetic character? I see him as a power hungry killer.

My prediction is that Jessica kills her son on accident and he will be the "hero" that dies.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:08 AM   #768
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

It looks like several of the heroes are in New York in the preview, so it could be that johnny storm guy that gets offed via the big boom.

Fire Ron Lee.

Last edited by TazFTW : 11-28-2006 at 01:09 AM.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:33 AM   #769
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post

My prediction is that Jessica kills her son on accident and he will be the "hero" that dies.

Sylar's a little more sympathetic because he just wanted to be someone. Not that it's an excuse for cutting up someone's head to get to their brain or anything, but it's at least a logical reason why he is doing what he's doing.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:49 AM   #770
Bee
Pro Starter

I hope if they kill someone off, they stay dead. I hate when a show "kills" someone for a cliffhanger and then when they start back up they're not really dead, just in the hospital or something.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:22 AM   #771
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Another great episode.

Some thoughts on it. . .

We now know what side of the family Mohinder gets his cliched/bad writing from. I didn't think such things were genetic, but apparently they are.

I really liked the Sylar background story. It makes him somewhat sympathetic and a much more interesting/tortured villian. It's good to have a villian with a little pathos to him.

The HRG situation isn't any more clear. He's already with Mindwipe. He knew about Eden, so clearly he was keyed into what was going on before the good doctor contacted him about Claire. I assume he knew Claire was "special" before getting the call, but went out there anyway to see what was going on. It's odd that he sent Eden out there to "get Claire off the list" as opposed to some other purpose. It's still not 100% clear what his role is in all of this.

The Hiro/Charlie story was great. Sweet and tragic.

While I could nitpick at the Nathan background with Linderman, I really liked how his discovery of his powers went down. He panicked, adreline kicked in, and whoosh! he was away. Given that his flight led to the car crash that crippled his wife, it's easy to see why Nathan seems so resentful of his ability and so reluctant to delve into it/accept it.

I still don't see the hate for Niki, but so it goes. I liked her back story too. It's sort of odd, given the whole "genetic"/"evolutionary" slant to these powers, that her power seems to come from her dead sister or something, but I'll go with it. The character will be interesting. Will Jessica take over full time? Will Niki and Jessica learn to live harmoniously? Will Niki eventually have to "get rid" of Jessica and realize that her powers (strength, reflexes, etc.) exist outside of the Jessica persona?

I have a hard time believing that Micha will be the hero who dies. While they'll run into the problem all shows like this do (kids grow up too fast for the pace of the show, see, e.g., Walt on "Lost"), I just find it difficult to believe they'd kill him so soon.

I liked the Parkman stuff. It was nothing new really, but I like the guy and feel sorry for him. I guess we learned that he's dyslexic. It seemed to me that he briefly read his wife's thoughts there (calling him a loser).

I am definitely looking forward to next week.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 11-28-2006, 08:33 AM   #772
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

I still would like to know how Sylar "gets" the powers. So he starts out by murdering people who are just realizing their powers. I understand that he can fix things and/or find out how they work, but after that, I'm lost.

Does he perform brain surgery on himself? My only other thought is that he steals the brain and somehow figures out the DNA Fluid (bear with me as I have no idea about science), and extracts it from the "Hero Victim" and injects it into his own brain? Or does he just open up the skull, take a syringe and take the fluid from the brain and disappear to some lair to inject into himself after studying it and gain that power immediately? In previous episodes, did they mention if the brain was still at the scene of the crime or was it actually stolen as well?

So Sylar is sort of doing the Highlander thing, there can only be one! And as he kills them he gains their power.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:50 AM   #773
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd View Post
I still would like to know how Sylar "gets" the powers. So he starts out by murdering people who are just realizing their powers. I understand that he can fix things and/or find out how they work, but after that, I'm lost.

Does he perform brain surgery on himself? My only other thought is that he steals the brain and somehow figures out the DNA Fluid (bear with me as I have no idea about science), and extracts it from the "Hero Victim" and injects it into his own brain? Or does he just open up the skull, take a syringe and take the fluid from the brain and disappear to some lair to inject into himself after studying it and gain that power immediately? In previous episodes, did they mention if the brain was still at the scene of the crime or was it actually stolen as well?

So Sylar is sort of doing the Highlander thing, there can only be one! And as he kills them he gains their power.

I think the brains were removed, but I don't quite remember. They haven't really explained the details of how Sylar gets other super's powers. We know that the powers come from somewhere in the brain. We know Sylar opens up people's heads to get at said brains. After that, it's a bit of a mystery. They may explain it in the next episode. It seems like they had Sylar locked up. Maybe they'll grill him and he'll explain it.

Whatever the explanation, I am sure it will be odd, but so be it.

It's something like Highlander. I don't think Sylar thinks there "can be only one", but rather he is sort of addicted to getting more and more powerful now. He got of taste of power and started down that dark path.

He also mentioned that he coud "feel" or "sense" the others at the end there. I am not sure if he was being literal or not, but it could explain how his map is much more detailed. It's possible that he didn't bother to use that power when he went after Claire, because he saw the picture of her friend and figured that was the girl. No need to use the power to locate which one.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:14 AM   #774
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
He also mentioned that he coud "feel" or "sense" the others at the end there. I am not sure if he was being literal or not, but it could explain how his map is much more detailed.

Well, that matches what his power actually is/was - you saw it with the watches, he could see what was (is) broken. He's able to see the mutation as broken.

I think Suresh had a more detailed map as well. Didn't the map we saw last night have a couple people that the one Mohinder found didn't? I wonder if Sylar has been removing people from Suresh's map that he's gone after.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:15 AM   #775
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post

Because he wanted to be great, to achieve something and instead "the watchmaker's son became a watchmaker."

Imagine your strongest desire looking like it might come true, only to have it snatched away from you as it seemed like was going to happen when Suresh said he was moving on to other prospects.

That sort of deal really sucks on a lot of levels and is what makes Sylar sympathetic.

One thing I liked best is that the guy Sylar killed first had telekinesis as his power, because I'd say that's been Sylar's strongest ability so far, which makes sense given the new info. He's had the most time to develop that power.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:16 AM   #776
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval View Post
Well, that matches what his power actually is/was - you saw it with the watches, he could see what was (is) broken. He's able to see the mutation as broken.

I think Suresh had a more detailed map as well. Didn't the map we saw last night have a couple people that the one Mohinder found didn't? I wonder if Sylar has been removing people from Suresh's map that he's gone after.

Or maybe Suresh himself had removed them after they came up deceased? After all, there were quite a few dead names in the list Mohinder looked at.

Old 11-28-2006, 11:04 AM   #777
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Or maybe Suresh himself had removed them after they came up deceased? After all, there were quite a few dead names in the list Mohinder looked at.

Hmm... that's true.

If I remember correctly, didn't Sylar peek into Brian Davis' brain when he saw what his ability was? Maybe he figured out what part of the brain unlocks that ability and unlocked his own?
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:07 AM   #778
spleen1015
Coordinator

This show kicks some major ass.

I wasn't looking forward to last night's show for some reason. I didn't think going 6 months back in time would do anything to help the story. I was completely wrong!

This show has leaped ahead of Lost on my list of shows.

Nathan is a prick and I hope he's the one that buys it in the next episode.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:21 AM   #779
Bee
Pro Starter

On another board I visit, someone suggested that by "one of the heroes is lost" refers to Niki/Jessica and that the split personality thing will be resolved by one of the personalities being destroyed somehow. It makes some sense to me in that they use the term "lost" instead of "die" or "are killed". Also, that way no actors would be kicked off a pretty popular show. His suggestion was that Jessica will be destroyed somehow and Niki will be left without her "powers" but then later in the season gain them back slowly.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:42 AM   #780
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
On another board I visit, someone suggested that by "one of the heroes is lost" refers to Niki/Jessica and that the split personality thing will be resolved by one of the personalities being destroyed somehow. It makes some sense to me in that they use the term "lost" instead of "die" or "are killed". Also, that way no actors would be kicked off a pretty popular show. His suggestion was that Jessica will be destroyed somehow and Niki will be left without her "powers" but then later in the season gain them back slowly.

interesting way of seeing this. But then if we go with the "lost" vs "die" thing, it could also be Hiro who could get lost in space/time again, but in a more important way than what he's done yet...

FM
Old 11-28-2006, 12:03 PM   #781
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
interesting way of seeing this. But then if we go with the "lost" vs "die" thing, it could also be Hiro who could get lost in space/time again, but in a more important way than what he's done yet...

FM

Yep, I thought it was a pretty interesting spin on it. While I don't necessarily think the guy is correct, it does leave open the possibility that a hero doesn't actually die next week which was my assumption after watching the previews last night after the show.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:18 PM   #782
duckman
Pro Starter

I'm sure that has been discussed before, but I think that the episode shows a tiny glimpse that Nathan and Peter will eventually become adversaries. Nathan sees Peter as weak and insignificant. I think there is a strong possibility that is where we may see a split between good and evil.
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:42 PM   #783
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Does anyone else think that Micah's father (I'm forgetting if his name is DL?) is the one that is going to die when Jessica/Niki shoots him? It seems obvious, but I still think the answer might be that simple.

I'm finding the Jessica/Niki character much more interesting now. I also find Sylar to be a bit sympathetic and a much more fascinating character. Mrs. Eaglesfan was crying over the Hiro/Charlie story, and I also enjoyed it. This show keeps getting better and better. She now wants to tape the shows on Sci-Fi tomorrow and save them to watch again in the future.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-28-2006 at 04:42 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:45 PM   #784
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Imagine your strongest desire looking like it might come true, only to have it snatched away from you as it seemed like was going to happen when Suresh said he was moving on to other prospects.

Yep, one can see Chandra "creating" Sylar by casting him aside before he could really demonstrate his powers. If it wasn't for that, Sylar may not have tried a desperate bid to get Chandra's attention which led to a wanting for more power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman
I'm sure that has been discussed before, but I think that the episode shows a tiny glimpse that Nathan and Peter will eventually become adversaries. Nathan sees Peter as weak and insignificant. I think there is a strong possibility that is where we may see a split between good and evil.

I think they really are splitting off the good and evil and showing how the 'evil' can come from innocuous places. I think Nathan and Jessica become the baddies. Jessica is going to try to destroy Nikki to become fully evil. Nathan is going to get there as a result of self-interest.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:59 PM   #785
Anthony
Banned

i don't buy Jessica as a "baddie". i've always simply viewed her as someone with an "ends justify the means" type character, someone with little to no conscience. she hasn't exactly killed innocent people.

i think it's amazing that we're at this point in the series and the show still hasn't shown how Jessica/Nikki ties in with the overall plot. yes, her path has crossed w/ Nathan, but in terms of the "save the cheerleader..." plot, and with the main storyline involving the nuclear bomb she just isn't playing that much of a role. i have her in the same boat as Mohinder in terms of characters who are not contributing a lot to the story, which is why they're probably on most people's list of least favorite characters on the show.

Last edited by Anthony : 11-28-2006 at 06:00 PM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:46 PM   #786
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
i don't buy Jessica as a "baddie". i've always simply viewed her as someone with an "ends justify the means" type character, someone with little to no conscience. she hasn't exactly killed innocent people.

Aside from DJ?

Quote:
i think it's amazing that we're at this point in the series and the show still hasn't shown how Jessica/Nikki ties in with the overall plot. yes, her path has crossed w/ Nathan, but in terms of the "save the cheerleader..." plot, and with the main storyline involving the nuclear bomb she just isn't playing that much of a role. i have her in the same boat as Mohinder in terms of characters who are not contributing a lot to the story, which is why they're probably on most people's list of least favorite characters on the show.

You can't have everyone firt the main storyline... otherwise you have problems in that you have to prolong the main storyline too long to keep everyone in it. Some people have to be outside of it, so they can later create new main storylines.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:00 PM   #787
jbmagic
Pro Starter

You think Heroes will still do well against "24" that starts in January?
Old 11-28-2006, 07:03 PM   #788
jbmagic
Pro Starter

With Hiro's ability to time jump. People can come and go and reappear.

So death is not permanent.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:14 PM   #789
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post

I believe that the waitress' death is permanent. Do you not realize the implications of having a power that transcends time and space? You can literally do anything at all. There is no way that power has unlimited abilities. As it was shown in the show, there are limitations to his power.

That being said, seeing that Jeph Loeb is one of the producers on the show (just noticed that last night), I think that comic book based deaths are a strong possibility on this show. That is, nobody ever dies in comic book. Jean Grey came back. Colossus came back. Robin came back. Superman came back. Thor will come back. Then again, this is television and once an actor is written off the show, there is the tendency to keep them off the show (unless it's a soap).
Old 11-28-2006, 08:55 PM   #790
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post

I think they really are splitting off the good and evil and showing how the 'evil' can come from innocuous places. I think Nathan and Jessica become the baddies. Jessica is going to try to destroy Nikki to become fully evil. Nathan is going to get there as a result of self-interest.

I could very easily see this happening, especially since there was a building of rapport betweeen Jessica/Nikki and Nathan earlier in Vegas.

Also, they're in parallel situations--people who have to do dirty deeds to accomplish what they most want out of life. Jessikki (my new name for her ) has the money, Nathan will eventually get the power. Money and power go well together.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:57 PM   #791
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post

Um, Hiro tried that.

In fact he said he went both backward *and* forward. It's a death that can not be changed, nor, I would argue, should it be, or all the meaning and poignancy is ruined.

The only feasible way I see a return happening is if it's much later in the series, after a long and difficult quest of some kind.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:33 PM   #792
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
I could very easily see this happening, especially since there was a building of rapport betweeen Jessica/Nikki and Nathan earlier in Vegas.

Also, they're in parallel situations--people who have to do dirty deeds to accomplish what they most want out of life. Jessikki (my new name for her ) has the money, Nathan will eventually get the power. Money and power go well together.

I was going to say this exact same thing regarding money and power. Didn't Hiro see in the future that Nathan is the mayor of New York? That's a lot of power. And with mob connections to boot.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:35 PM   #793
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I was going to say this exact same thing regarding money and power. Didn't Hiro see in the future that Nathan is the mayor of New York? That's a lot of power. And with mob connections to boot.

I though it merely was that Nathan won the election for Congressman.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:35 PM   #794
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Um, Hiro tried that.

In fact he said he went both backward *and* forward. It's a death that can not be changed, nor, I would argue, should it be, or all the meaning and poignancy is ruined.

The only feasible way I see a return happening is if it's much later in the series, after a long and difficult quest of some kind.

I don't think that is so clear cut.

There was an atomic explosion in NYC in one of the first few episodes, but Hiro travelled backwards from it. If that event is inevitable and all those lives cannot be saved, then all of the characters (and us veiwers) are wasting our times.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:44 PM   #795
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Well in both situations it seemed the furthest he could go was to warn the person of the problem. He warned Peter about the saving the cheerleader. He warned the waitress about her dying. It seems if he goes any further, he'll be stopped (an internal continuum stabilzer?). He has to rely on others to change the past.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:30 AM   #796
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

There was an atomic explosion in NYC in one of the first few episodes, but Hiro travelled backwards from it. If that event is inevitable and all those lives cannot be saved, then all of the characters (and us veiwers) are wasting our times.

I wasn't speaking of all deaths, just the death of the waitress.

It's quite possible (and indeed probable) that not all circumstances are the same and that some deaths are preventable.

Perhaps fate plays a role in this?

Or maybe since the waitress had a blood clot in her brain, she was destined to die soon one way or the other, so preventing her death at Sylar's hands would have changed almost nothing cosmically speaking.

Old 11-29-2006, 05:59 AM   #797
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Does anyone else think that Micah's father (I'm forgetting if his name is DL?) is the one that is going to die when Jessica/Niki shoots him? It seems obvious, but I still think the answer might be that simple.

Actually if anyone dies, I think it's most likely Isaac. His part has gotten smaller and smaller and then add in the fact that Sylar is most likely being taken to the same location...

Last edited by Bee : 11-29-2006 at 05:59 AM.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:04 AM   #798
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

Concerning Hiro's power, my guess is that it has to be looked at along his time-line. He can change things that will happen in his future, but not in his past. That's why it's possible to change the bomb going off since he had traveled to the future and saw it before it actually happened, but it's not possible to go back 6-months and change his past. Also, it would explain why when he comes to Peter on the train, he just warned him to save the cheerleader instead of interacting directly from the future. In any case, it gets pretty screwy if you look at it too close.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:43 AM   #799
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
I wasn't speaking of all deaths, just the death of the waitress.

It's quite possible (and indeed probable) that not all circumstances are the same and that some deaths are preventable.

Perhaps fate plays a role in this?

Or maybe since the waitress had a blood clot in her brain, she was destined to die soon one way or the other, so preventing her death at Sylar's hands would have changed almost nothing cosmically speaking.

re: the bolded part, remember from one of the first episode when he was able to save a schoolgirl from getting crushed by a car. I also believe some death are preventable, because he did it that time, and some are not, as he explained in the episode this week.

FM
Old 11-29-2006, 07:45 AM   #800
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Concerning Hiro's power, my guess is that it has to be looked at along his time-line. He can change things that will happen in his future, but not in his past. That's why it's possible to change the bomb going off since he had traveled to the future and saw it before it actually happened, but it's not possible to go back 6-months and change his past. Also, it would explain why when he comes to Peter on the train, he just warned him to save the cheerleader instead of interacting directly from the future. In any case, it gets pretty screwy if you look at it too close.

hrm, come to think of this, that makes sense. He cannot go back and change something he has seen happen in real time, but could prevent something he has seen while he was traveling to the future...

FM