Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-13-2007, 10:32 PM   #751
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I missed tonight's show completely. On the plus side, it was Diana Ross week, and I met Bob Feller and Trot Nixon today...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-13-2007 at 10:33 PM.
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:43 PM   #752
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
8. Haley Scarnato. She cried. She's even pretty when she cries.

Who will be bottom three: Sanjaya, Stephanie and Brandon.

Who will go: Brandon.

Who should go: Sanjaya.

Concur!!
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:17 PM   #753
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

Jim sum's up my feeling about Chris 1000%. He has been off key every week. I would much rather see him in the bottom 3 then Stephanie. But Brandon, he's making it on hype at this point. He has done nothing at all. Haley, poor Haley. NOt only did she forget that part of the song that would have really allowed her to stretch her vocals, her cover up was really bad. That's that longest I have ever seen someone on the show go with forgetting the words.

Melinda is starting to annoy me a little, with the 'Gee Wally' bit. At this point, she has got to know how well she can sing. I am starting to think she downplayed her singing ability a little in the auditions to make sure she got in. I would really like to know who she sang backup for.
mtolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:52 PM   #754
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtolson View Post
Jim sum's up my feeling about Chris 1000%. He has been off key every week. I would much rather see him in the bottom 3 then Stephanie. But Brandon, he's making it on hype at this point. He has done nothing at all. Haley, poor Haley. NOt only did she forget that part of the song that would have really allowed her to stretch her vocals, her cover up was really bad. That's that longest I have ever seen someone on the show go with forgetting the words.

Melinda is starting to annoy me a little, with the 'Gee Wally' bit. At this point, she has got to know how well she can sing. I am starting to think she downplayed her singing ability a little in the auditions to make sure she got in. I would really like to know who she sang backup for.

Damn, check out Melinda's credits in allmusic.com. She has sung backup for some extremely talented and well known gospel singers. Even more ironic, she is listed as singing vocal backing on one of George Huffs CD's.
mtolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:05 AM   #755
Fouts
College Starter

I thought Jordin was great tonight. Other than that, nothing too exciting.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:51 AM   #756
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Could also be that there are only so many artists who have twelve songs recognizable by a large cross-section of the audience.

Maybe they shouldn't drill down to such fine details and make them sing songs from a single artist. I'm a bigger fan of 60's, 70's, etc, because it gives all the singers a chance to pick a song that suits their style.

Imagine next week if they picked "songs from Black Sabbath", and then watch those divas crumble.

Too biased for me.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:22 AM   #757
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I agree with almost everything Jim said, except I think it will be Chris Sligh to go in a surprise and that Brandon will just avoid the bottom 3.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:11 AM   #758
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Could also be that there are only so many artists who have twelve songs recognizable by a large cross-section of the audience.

This is why it should be a theme night, not artist night. There are plenty of rock artists that could be covered, but you never see it.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:16 AM   #759
cuervo72
Head Coach

Yeah, but they need to have the whole mentoring by a legend crap, and I'm sure Diana is either trying to sell something or otherwise needs her ego stroked.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:33 AM   #760
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah, but they need to have the whole mentoring by a legend crap, and I'm sure Diana is either trying to sell something or otherwise needs her ego stroked.

They have a "star" for "British Invasion Week." Why not have a motown week with Diana Ross? I realize her career extends beyond that, but it would be excuse enough.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:36 AM   #761
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

dola: does anyone have the theme list for this year? They announced it weeks ago, but I couldn't find it online.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:39 AM   #762
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Any thoughts about the guest judges?

Diana Ross
Jon Bon Jovi
Jennifer Lopez
Gwen Stefani
Tony Bennett
Martina McBride
Lu Lu and Peter Noone (British Invasion night)
Barry Gibb

Wow. I'm glad I didn't say what I was going to. "It's not like they have a Bon Jovi week."

Old 03-14-2007, 04:19 PM   #763
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Does anyone else think it is awkward when Jordin bends down to be the same height with Ryan? I suspect it is due to her own discomfort with her height (which isn't uncommon in tall teenage females) but I sort of expected her to stop doing that by now.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:52 PM   #764
Logan
Head Coach

No comments on Simon telling Seacrest to come out of the closet? That was great.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:36 PM   #765
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
No comments on Simon telling Seacrest to come out of the closet? That was great.

I heard that on Opie and Anthony this morning. That was hilarious.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:03 PM   #766
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtolson View Post

nail meet head.

Someone in her camp better get her to evolve weekly from here on out or else the people, like me, that bought into her low self esteem will start to turn off.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:55 PM   #767
adubroff
High School JV

Anybody look at the DialIdol site this week? Results are pretty suprising to me....
adubroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:04 PM   #768
Logan
Head Coach

I think the site's top 3 will be pretty consistent for awhile. Don't forget about the margin of error.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:14 PM   #769
wade moore
lolzcat

Just watched it finally...

I agree for the most part with Jim's ratings except that I enjoy Chris Richardson and I imagine he'll do well for awhile... Keep in mind that I don't have anywhere near the "musical ear" that a lot of people on here do and I look more for what I enjoy the most - and that is probably a fairer way to look at how voting goes in these things at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:36 PM   #770
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adubroff View Post
Anybody look at the DialIdol site this week? Results are pretty suprising to me....

No kidding
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:47 PM   #771
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by adubroff View Post

Interesting.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 03-14-2007, 08:06 PM   #772
wade moore
lolzcat

1) Why doesn't Haley sing like that when she's up there by herself?
2) Is it too late to take back my comments about not ever being attracted to Gina?

Quote:
Old 03-14-2007, 08:31 PM   #773
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
2) Is it too late to take back my comments about not ever being attracted to Gina?

Seriously. I was thinking the same thing last night. And I was the biggest hater here.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:41 PM   #774
adubroff
High School JV

Interesting that DialIdol showed Svenjaya top 3 and he was actually bottom 3. I think they did have Brandon as in jeopardy.
adubroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:48 PM   #775
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Does anyone else think it is awkward when Jordin bends down to be the same height with Ryan? I suspect it is due to her own discomfort with her height (which isn't uncommon in tall teenage females) but I sort of expected her to stop doing that by now.

I didn't take it that way at all. I thought she was making fun of Ryan's height, which has been a running theme on Idol. I thought it was cute the first couple times she did it, especially when Ryan caught her, but the cuteness is wearing off for me and she should probably stop.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:03 PM   #776
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
Seriously. I was thinking the same thing last night. And I was the biggest hater here.

That statement was influenced more by her Tuesday night performance that I watched earlier tonight.

Quote:
Old 03-14-2007, 09:47 PM   #777
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

Scripted. They went back and forth about 3 times each, and every comeback was a good-to-decent one liner. Simon, maybe, but Ryan's not that quick on his feet, and Ryan has shown a few times over the years that he shuts down a bit when Simon gets a good zinger in on him. This was not improv, it was rehearsed.

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:48 PM   #778
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Dola, and, because I haven't spouted this in a while... I farging can't stand Paula.

RIP
Old 03-14-2007, 09:50 PM   #779
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Keep in mind that I don't have anywhere near the "musical ear" that a lot of people on here do and I look more for what I enjoy the most

Plus you have a Justin Timberlake poster on your bedroom wall.
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:02 PM   #780
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by primelord View Post

RIP
Old 03-14-2007, 10:44 PM   #781
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by primelord View Post

Haha...

I can honestly say that I do not own a single Justin Timberlake song.. .I don't even have to use the "it's my fiance's" like I do with some other music, no Timberlake in this house!

Quote:
Old 03-14-2007, 10:49 PM   #782
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
Scripted. They went back and forth about 3 times each, and every comeback was a good-to-decent one liner. Simon, maybe, but Ryan's not that quick on his feet, and Ryan has shown a few times over the years that he shuts down a bit when Simon gets a good zinger in on him. This was not improv, it was rehearsed.

Yeah, Ryan sucks with the one-liners. We haven't seen him give a good zinger on any guests or anything this year.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:54 PM   #783
Ksyrup

So I missed it again tonight, but I gather that Brandon went home? Bar none, THE most disappointing AI contestant from any season I've watched.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-14-2007, 10:59 PM   #784
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
So I missed it again tonight, but I gather that Brandon went home? Bar none, THE most disappointing AI contestant from any season I've watched.

Yup.

My immediate reaction was that in a twisted way, he almost deserved to go home more than Sanjaya - because he has just underperformed so consistently.

Quote:
Old 03-14-2007, 11:24 PM   #785
Danny
Head Coach

Im glad Brandon is gone. He had showed enough talent early on to actually get me to watch his performances. I already knew to fast forward through Sanjaya.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:25 PM   #786
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Yup.

My immediate reaction was that in a twisted way, he almost deserved to go home more than Sanjaya - because he has just underperformed so consistently.

""

Plus, I like Suckjaya just because it's fun watching Paula struggle to say something vaguely positive after another of his trainwrecks!

RIP
Old 03-14-2007, 11:31 PM   #787
Danny
Head Coach

Also, I actually miss having Sundance in the competition. He made some poor decisions, but his voice was unique to the competition and he did have some talent
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:21 AM   #788
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Also, I actually miss having Sundance in the competition. He made some poor decisions, but his voice was unique to the competition and he did have some talent

Me too.

Everytime Sanjaya is told that he isn't going home, he has a guilty look on his face. Or maybe thats his normal face. I haven't decided if he is worse than Kevin Covais.

FWIW, I liked Sligh's version of Endless Love, but didn't care for what Blake Lewis did with his song.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:43 AM   #789
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Since pretty much everyone sucks, I watch strictly to see Haley perform. When she's gone, I mostly likely will be gone too.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:39 AM   #790
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
""

Plus, I like Suckjaya just because it's fun watching Paula struggle to say something vaguely positive after another of his trainwrecks!

I do have to agree with Simon though - that is one brave 17 year old. Either brave, or really, REALLY oblivious.

Quote:
Old 03-15-2007, 07:31 AM   #791
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I told you she had potential.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:32 AM   #792
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

I'll give you that the whole "high heels..." "stay out of my closet" could have been fed to him, but there is no doubt in my mind that Simon busted the "come out" on his own. The only consistent theme from this season besides the guys sucking is Ryan trying to show the world he's straight with his out-of-place "hottie" and "babe" comments toward the girls. There's no way he would have agreed to let Simon tell him that, and end it there.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:55 AM   #793
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

i just want gina to love me
is that too much to ask
i want her to come over to my house
and maybe we can play connect four
for a while
i'll probably have to change my pants
twice
before she can even connect three
but thats ok
because my plan
my grand plan
is to connect two
but then my wife will read this
and she'll kick me out
and i'll have to spend
the rest of my life playing
connect one
Old 03-15-2007, 08:06 AM   #794
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:

Stay away from my woman, dammit...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:29 AM   #795
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I told you she had potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Stay away from my woman, dammit...

I am late to the party, so I guess I have to relinquish ...

Quote:
Old 03-15-2007, 08:38 AM   #796
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
""

She could go with the standard "well, you're a really pretty girl" line...
Old 03-15-2007, 08:54 AM   #797
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
i just want gina to love me
is that too much to ask
i want her to come over to my house
and maybe we can play connect four
for a while
i'll probably have to change my pants
twice
before she can even connect three
but thats ok
because my plan
my grand plan
is to connect two
but then my wife will read this
and she'll kick me out
and i'll have to spend
the rest of my life playing
connect one
Sorry, guys, I meant to post this in my private blog, not here. That bitch SkyDog took away my edit button, too.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:34 AM   #798
Ksyrup

In a strange way, Sanjaya still being on the show over Brandon makes sense, since as a component of the TV show (and not necessarily the competition), Sanjaya has provided far more entertainment value than Brandon.

I'd say, off the top of my head and from the seasons I've watched, the worst, "furthest over their heads" contestants are:

1. John Stevens
2. Sanjaya
3. John Peter Lewis
4. Mikaylah Gordon
Old 03-15-2007, 10:02 AM   #799
Ksyrup

Dola.

Upon further reflection, I wonder if I should re-title this thread to "Brandon Rogers Looking Great in the Auditions."
Old 03-15-2007, 10:21 AM   #800
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Dola.

Upon further reflection, I wonder if I should re-title this thread to "Brandon Rogers Looking Great in the Auditions."

A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

I think that's a perfect way to explain the situation.

Quote: