Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-06-2006, 01:09 PM   #751
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
His last name is Randle El, not El!

There, I feel better now. Please don't go to Chicago, Randle El. Stay in Pittsburgh, or go to Miami or the Colts or the Broncos. Thanks!

Wow. Good call! You made me remember who I was actually talking about. I don't want him to go to Chicago either. His talents wouldn't be appreciated there.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:23 PM   #752
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
I think it is safe to say that he is the most annoying sports know-it-all on the board by a longshot.

That is a bold claim. He certainly has competition.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:29 PM   #753
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
interesting

Not really
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #754
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt
That is a bold claim. He certainly has competition.

Sure, there are others, but he stands above them all for me.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:36 PM   #755
Hurst2112
College Starter

Funny....

Jim Rome just made a reference to Jackie Smith when he criticized Stevens about his play last night.

Classic and true!
Old 02-06-2006, 06:45 PM   #756
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I read somewhere that Cowher and Holmgren did meet up on the field and embraced. Seems like some want to make Holmgren to be the ogre.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:53 PM   #757
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
I read somewhere that Cowher and Holmgren did meet up on the field and embraced. Seems like some want to make Holmgren to be the ogre.

We're going on what we saw. We all saw Cowher head to the middle of the field and Holmgren not come out to greet him. Is it odd that we thought something of that?
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:00 PM   #758
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Okay, this is f'n tacky.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ebjudge06.html

TACOMA, Wash. – A judge overseeing a manslaughter case embarrassed prosecutors and upset the victim's family when she called for a Super Bowl cheer for the Seattle Seahawks before the start of the sentencing hearing.

As Judge Beverly G. Grant took the bench Friday, she asked everyone in court to say "Go Seahawks." Dissatisfied with the low volume of the response, she told them to try again.

Only then did she hear statements from prosecutors, defense lawyers and relatives of the slain Tino Patricelli, as well as an apology from defendant Steve Keo Teang, before resentencing Teang to 13 1/2 years in prison.

"The tension was very high, and I thought it would be a way of people just thinking of something else and releasing it," Grant said afterward. "It was a diversion tactic to bring unison in the group."

Kathy Patricelli, stepmother of the 28-year-old man who was shot in a fight outside a tavern, said she didn't join in the cheers.

"Super Bowl Sunday is Tino's one-year anniversary of the day he was murdered," she said. "I was a little tiny bit offended — well, a lot offended — because this was kind of an important day for us. Cheering for the Seahawks with Steve Teang in the room, I didn't think it was appropriate."

Pierce County Superior Court personnel were embarrassed, sheriff's Detective Ed Troyer and deputy prosecutor Sunni Y. Ko said.

"One family is seeing a son go off to prison, and one family is here to find justice for their loved one who was murdered. It's important to them. Do you think they want to root for the Seahawks?" Ko said.

Grant said she didn't mean to offend anyone.

"If the prosecutor and the others took it that way, as far as I'm concerned, it's trite," she said.

Teang, 24, of Federal Way, had pleaded guilty to manslaughter. Grant agreed to reconsider his sentence — originally 16 years and four months — after his relatives complained they were unable to attend a January sentencing because of lack of space in a small courtroom.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:44 PM   #759
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
We're going on what we saw. We all saw Cowher head to the middle of the field and Holmgren not come out to greet him. Is it odd that we thought something of that?

I think I posted this earlier in this monstrosity of a thread, but the thing I found weird is that Cowher was lead to somewhere around the 20 yard line, while most of the players, etc were in the middle of the field ... where they normally are. Holmgren could have been by the 50 looking for Cowher. Not sure if that's what happened, but it seems possible.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:01 PM   #760
Buccaneer
Head Coach

People would make judgements based on limited TV network coverage?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:21 AM   #761
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
People would make judgements based on limited TV network coverage?

Of course.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:09 AM   #762
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craptacular
I think I posted this earlier in this monstrosity of a thread, but the thing I found weird is that Cowher was lead to somewhere around the 20 yard line, while most of the players, etc were in the middle of the field ... where they normally are. Holmgren could have been by the 50 looking for Cowher. Not sure if that's what happened, but it seems possible.

I remember you posting that and I was gonna say the same thing. However, i don't know if cowher was at the 50 before hand and then moved towards the 20. either way, it was a shitty scenario for everybody involved. ABC came up quite limp on the whole show.