Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-24-2008, 07:09 AM   #751
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Dola...at this point last season the Flyers had 27 points as compared to the 57 they have right now. What a difference a year makes.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:29 AM   #752
MikeVic
Head Coach

Hahaha that lips moving thing is funny.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:46 AM   #753
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Great game between the Ducks and Wings last night. Definitely a playoff atmosphere.

The Wings held their own and Hasek was on his game. The Wings made the most of their chances, scoring on a 5 on 3 and and a lucky 2 on 1 where Bucheamin's stick broke.

Typical Ducks style of play. Bertuzzi ran Hasek in the early going. It was nice to see Cleary stand up to Pronger, even if he got the worse of it. Considering Zetterberg wasn't in the line-up and Cleary missed the second and third periods, it was all the more impressive.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:02 AM   #754
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Great game between the Ducks and Wings last night. Definitely a playoff atmosphere.

The Wings held their own and Hasek was on his game. The Wings made the most of their chances, scoring on a 5 on 3 and and a lucky 2 on 1 where Bucheamin's stick broke.

Typical Ducks style of play. Bertuzzi ran Hasek in the early going. It was nice to see Cleary stand up to Pronger, even if he got the worse of it. Considering Zetterberg wasn't in the line-up and Cleary missed the second and third periods, it was all the more impressive.

Biggest piece of shit in the history of hockey. Except for maybe that guy that molested Sheldon Kennedy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:08 AM   #755
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

yeah, I only watched the first period, but it was enjoyable. I liked that the Wings took the physical stuff right to the Ducks.

at one point, there was, what, 4 Ducks in the box? I thought I was watching the old NES Wayne Gretzky Hockey game.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:11 AM   #756
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
yeah, I only watched the first period, but it was enjoyable. I liked that the Wings took the physical stuff right to the Ducks.

at one point, there was, what, 4 Ducks in the box? I thought I was watching the old NES Wayne Gretzky Hockey game.

Funny thing is that the players in that game look just like the ones in EHM. True story.

Quote:
Old 01-24-2008, 11:31 AM   #757
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
Biggest piece of shit in the history of hockey. Except for maybe that guy that molested Sheldon Kennedy.....

That would be Graham James. And you're way WAY off. Bertuzzi worse than Mike Danton or David Frost? What about Alan Eagleson? Gary Bettman? Dino Cicarelli? Bob Clarke? I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot more...
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:37 AM   #758
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
That would be Graham James. And you're way WAY off. Bertuzzi worse than Mike Danton or David Frost? What about Alan Eagleson? Gary Bettman? Dino Cicarelli? Bob Clarke? I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot more...

Are you serious? Gary Bettman? He is a turd yes, but Bertuzzi nearly killed a guy during a game. Danton did stuff off the ice so he is not relevant to Bertuzzi. Cicarelli was a scrappy player but nowhere near the level of Bertuzzi. He is garbage.

Quote:
Old 01-24-2008, 11:41 AM   #759
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Cicarelli was a scrappy player but nowhere near the level of Bertuzzi. He is garbage.

Scrappy? Yes. But he was also convincted of assault for going after Luke Richardson with his stick during a game. It's pretty rare that an on ice action actually leads to a criminal conviction.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 01-24-2008, 11:47 AM   #760
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Brian Rafalski was invited to go to the All-Star because Zubov is hurt. Rafalski declined because he'd already made plans.

It's good to see him get acknowledged. He's having a great year. Through 51 games, he's already tied his career high in goals (9) and his 43 points are only 12 off his career high. Assuming he stays healthy, he should have career numbers across the board.

The Wings will have some interesting deals to making coming up. Cleary is an UFA at the end of this season. I am sure he'll re-sign with the team, it's just a matter of how much.

Zetterberg has one year left on his deal, but I am sure the Wings will try to lock him up long term as soon as they can (post July 1, I think). I imagine the Wings will look to sign Zetterberg to something along the lines of Datsyuk's deal, but the price may have gone up since then, especially after Ovechkin's deal. I want to see the Wings lock him up long term, and they will, but anything over 6 or 7 years is ridiculous. Even that length of a deal is pushing the limits of reason.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:56 AM   #761
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Are you serious? Gary Bettman? He is a turd yes, but Bertuzzi nearly killed a guy during a game. Danton did stuff off the ice so he is not relevant to Bertuzzi. Cicarelli was a scrappy player but nowhere near the level of Bertuzzi. He is garbage.

Bettman has done a pretty good job of killing the entire game of hockey, which seems pretty bad in my opinion.

You said he was the biggest POS in the history of hockey. Danton is part of that history, and he actually set out to murder someone. Mind you, the guy he set out to murder also happens to be a creepy-ass Graham James Jr., whom is also a part of hockey's history (and present perhaps? I can't recall what became of him).

And as H_B said, Dino went to prison... that's gotta put him ahead of Bert.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 01-24-2008, 12:01 PM   #762
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Bettman has done a pretty good job of killing the entire game of hockey, which seems pretty bad in my opinion.

You said he was the biggest POS in the history of hockey. Danton is part of that history, and he actually set out to murder someone. Mind you, the guy he set out to murder also happens to be a creepy-ass Graham James Jr., whom is also a part of hockey's history (and present perhaps? I can't recall what became of him).

And as H_B said, Dino went to prison... that's gotta put him ahead of Bert.

I was not aware that Dino went to prison. When was that, and is he still in there? In addition, Bertuzzi SHOULD have gone to prison. I stand by my statement that he is garbage. I will just add a few others to the list.

Yes, Bettman has killed the sport. It only looks to get worse, as he wants to expand again (Las Vegas???? WTF???).

*sigh*

Quote:
Old 01-24-2008, 12:01 PM   #763
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Then there was that Billy Tibbets guy in Pittsburgh for a while. He had all sorts of issues...
Old 01-24-2008, 12:07 PM   #764
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Brian Rafalski was invited to go to the All-Star because Zubov is hurt. Rafalski declined because he'd already made plans.

It's good to see him get acknowledged. He's having a great year. Through 51 games, he's already tied his career high in goals (9) and his 43 points are only 12 off his career high. Assuming he stays healthy, he should have career numbers across the board.

The Wings will have some interesting deals to making coming up. Cleary is an UFA at the end of this season. I am sure he'll re-sign with the team, it's just a matter of how much.

Zetterberg has one year left on his deal, but I am sure the Wings will try to lock him up long term as soon as they can (post July 1, I think). I imagine the Wings will look to sign Zetterberg to something along the lines of Datsyuk's deal, but the price may have gone up since then, especially after Ovechkin's deal. I want to see the Wings lock him up long term, and they will, but anything over 6 or 7 years is ridiculous. Even that length of a deal is pushing the limits of reason.

The Wings definately need to keep Zetterberg. He is a better player than Datsyuk, so he should be paid more. On a side note, whatever happened with Jiri Fischer? Did he retire?

Quote:
Old 01-24-2008, 12:09 PM   #765
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Then there was that Billy Tibbets guy in Pittsburgh for a while. He had all sorts of issues...

Yeah he was a piece of work.....

Quote:
Old 01-24-2008, 12:11 PM   #766
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
The Wings definately need to keep Zetterberg. He is a better player than Datsyuk, so he should be paid more. On a side note, whatever happened with Jiri Fischer? Did he retire?

I don't think he's officially retired. Every once in a while I hear something about Fischer trying to find some way to make a comeback, but I don't think it's every going to happen.

He still has a position in the Wings' organization, but I think, sadly, his playing days are done.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:14 PM   #767
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
I don't think he's officially retired. Every once in a while I hear something about Fischer trying to find some way to make a comeback, but I don't think it's every going to happen.

He still has a position in the Wings' organization, but I think, sadly, his playing days are done.

It is a shame. Just like Konstantinov, the Wings lose a pretty good d-man before his prime.

Quote:
Old 01-24-2008, 01:41 PM   #768
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
I was not aware that Dino went to prison. When was that, and is he still in there? In addition, Bertuzzi SHOULD have gone to prison. I stand by my statement that he is garbage. I will just add a few others to the list.

Yes, Bettman has killed the sport. It only looks to get worse, as he wants to expand again (Las Vegas???? WTF???).

*sigh*

Dino's sentance was only 1 day, and it was back in the 80's, so he's out now

I won't get into the Bertuzzi thing because I've said my piece before, but I disagree that he should have gone to prison. Frankly, I think what Chris Simon did with his skate a few weeks ago was far worse.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:45 PM   #769
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Dino's sentance was only 1 day, and it was back in the 80's, so he's out now

I won't get into the Bertuzzi thing because I've said my piece before, but I disagree that he should have gone to prison. Frankly, I think what Chris Simon did with his skate a few weeks ago was far worse.

I never cared for Dino, even when he played for my red wings. What Chris Simon did was inexcusable but not surprising. He has always been a goon and a thug in a league that encourages that type of thing. It is too bad that Gary "Ballsless" Bettman doesn't ban him permanently from the NHL.

*shrugs*

Quote:
Old 01-24-2008, 02:46 PM   #770
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
That's a pretty comprehensive list. Did we miss anybody? If you should be on the list and you're not, please raise your hand.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:41 PM   #771
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:

Pretty sure i heard Fischer on the radio the other day saying he now does player development with the wings.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:55 PM   #772
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
That's a pretty comprehensive list. Did we miss anybody? If you should be on the list and you're not, please raise your hand.

Is that Wendel Clark's dad?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:07 PM   #773
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

The league better look at the hit Laraque had tonight...
Old 01-24-2008, 09:11 PM   #774
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
The league better look at the hit Laraque had tonight...

Does he deserve something because it was a STUPID move to hit Downie? Yes. Probably a game or two. You can't possibly think that was any worse than Randy Jones hit on Patrice Bergeron, and I believe Jones got 2 games.

And I am not one to adhere to the "he deserved it...he put himself in a bad position" argument. But for the life of me I can't figure out why Downie puts his head down.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:16 PM   #775
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
The only one I think that would fight Laraque is Cote, and I don't think he is that dumb to get his ass beat.

Cote took all of 2+ minutes to prove you wrong...he is that dumb!
Old 01-25-2008, 05:45 AM   #776
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Does he deserve something because it was a STUPID move to hit Downie? Yes. Probably a game or two. You can't possibly think that was any worse than Randy Jones hit on Patrice Bergeron, and I believe Jones got 2 games.

And I am not one to adhere to the "he deserved it...he put himself in a bad position" argument. But for the life of me I can't figure out why Downie puts his head down.

I don't think it was worse than the Jones him but if the league wants to start cracking down on this stuff they need to start handing out stiffer penalties.

Head down or not you cant cross check a guy in the lower back 3 feet away from the boards. My issue is that if it was a Flyer, he would be suspended because of their history, and it is rightfully so, the league should take a closer look at teams that have history of illegal hits.

But this is the second time that Laraque has done something dirty, remember last game when he slide tackled Biron? Nothing happened. That was nothing but dirty and in my mind worse than the hit on Downie last night because at least with last night's hit he was trying to play the puck.

My feeling is that the sentiment is that since he did it to Downie it is alright, since Downie is already established as a dirty player.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:45 AM   #777
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Cote took all of 2+ minutes to prove you wrong...he is that dumb!

I can't believe Cote walked away without any blood on his face. He took some shots.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:20 AM   #778
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

My only objection to what you said...was not a cross check, he didn't use his stick (from what I am recalling in my head...no Youtube at work! )

I don't think Downie "deserved" it because he's a dirty player (which he is), because no one deserves a concussion.

But I am amused by Stevens after the game railing against Laraque calling it "a vicious hit." I don't remember him feeling so strongly about P Bergeron and D McAmmond.

And the Biron thing...again, shitty move by Laraque, but I also understand why he did it (which is looked like Briere tried and failed at the same last night). Biron was tough when it was Sid, but nobody wanted anything to do with Laraque when he did it.

Great quote from Laraque from the PG

Quote:
When Laraque reflected on it, he saw an incident in which he pushed Downie, not cross-checked him, and did so with absolutely no malice, let alone intent to injure.

"If I want to hit somebody from behind," Laraque said, "he's not going to get up."

If he doesn't get suspended this time, he set himself up for one the next time he does something. Pretty sure the league would point to that as intent.

Last edited by Suburban Rhythm : 01-25-2008 at 06:24 AM. Reason: quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:24 AM   #779
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
I can't believe Cote walked away without any blood on his face. He took some shots.

I already had a mail from a Flyers fan in my office touting Cote winning that fight because he "took Laraque down at the end."
Old 01-25-2008, 06:58 AM   #780
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
My only objection to what you said...was not a cross check, he didn't use his stick (from what I am recalling in my head...no Youtube at work! )

Maybe not a cross check per say but it was one of those where the hands were about 2 feet apart on the stick and he punched both hands in the lower back. Cross-check might not have been the best choice of words. I don't have access to You Tube either.

Quote:
But I am amused by Stevens after the game railing against Laraque calling it "a vicious hit." I don't remember him feeling so strongly about P Bergeron and D McAmmond.

I think Therrien would've done the same thing. He is just protecting his player and standing up for him. You didn't hear Therrien say that Laraque's hit was dirty, I don't think a coach wants to call any more attention to the play. Plus Stevens and GM Paul Holmgren have sat down with Downie on a number of occasions to talk about his lack of discipline. I think he is seeing professional help because of it.

I gotta give the Pens credit though, they hung in there. They survived that early barrage of shots to make it a good game. But if they want to win games without Sid, they really need to keep the scores lower. They need the games to be more like the one against Montreal, rather than the ones against Washington and Philly. Slow the tempo down, and play off of the other team's mistakes. I know that is easier said than done when you are down as many men as the Pens are with injuries.

Finally, Cote didn't win that fight. I am surprised that he had the balls to even drop the gloves with George.

Edit...Actually Therrian did say something about the hit..

Quote:
For the defense, Penguins coach Michel Therrien said, "First of all, Georges doesn't have the reputation of a dirty player, and it's a fine line between trying to finish your check and the guys on the offense turning around. It's a fine line. I'm not going to comment on it."

Last edited by Dr. Sak : 01-25-2008 at 07:09 AM. Reason: added comment
Old 01-25-2008, 07:09 AM   #781
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Maybe not a cross check per say but it was one of those where the hands were about 2 feet apart on the stick and he punched both hands in the lower back. Cross-check might not have been the best choice of words. I don't have access to You Tube either.

I think Therrien would've done the same thing. He is just protecting his player and standing up for him. You didn't hear Therrien say that Laraque's hit was dirty, I don't think a coach wants to call any more attention to the play. Plus Stevens and GM Paul Holmgren have sat down with Downie on a number of occasions to talk about his lack of discipline. I think he is seeing professional help because of it.

I gotta give the Pens credit though, they hung in there. They survived that early barrage of shots to make it a good game. But if they want to win games without Sid, they really need to keep the scores lower. They need the games to be more like the one against Montreal, rather than the ones against Washington and Philly. Slow the tempo down, and play off of the other team's mistakes. I know that is easier said than done when you are down as many men as the Pens are with injuries.

Finally, Cote didn't win that fight. I am surprised that he had the balls to even drop the gloves with George.

The guy I work with just has Orange and Black glasses on...I can admit they beat up the Pens physically in those first 3 meetings, but Cote didn't even land a punch (did he even THROW a punch?) and Stone handled himself well against Downie.

Of course, this is the same guy who loves to break out all the Crosby whining/diving cliches...but when I point at Downie as immature, I get the "he plays hard" line.

I get why Stevens has to draw attention to it (and Therrien won't), just funny coming from him, when it's been his team throwing those hits (not saying all intentionally) the first 40 games.

As for the next 6 weeks...while it would seem that is the correct way for them to play, their D is so rediculously bad, I don't know that they have a chance that way. Scuderi has played out of his mind, and still probably shouldn't be in the top 4 of a contending team. Gonchar is elite offensively, and while he gets railed against often, he's adequate in his own end. But he's not a #1 guy. Whitney, the next time he hits someone, will be the first time. I know hitting isn't everything...Lidstrom never nails anyone, but Whitney is no Lidstrom in his positional game. Letang has been surprisingly solid in his own end, but he's 20. Sydor...he's way better than at the beginning of the season, but he was so terrible than, he's still hovering around average right now. And Orpik is the only physical guy we have, but positionally he's pretty awful as well.

As much as people keep saying we need another wing to play with Sid, we need a top pairing Dman that much more. Even if they bring Eaton back next season. That allows Eaton to play on the 2nd pair and Scuderi on the 3rd.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:26 PM   #782
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Does anyone think Laraque's hit was any worse than Erksine on Antropov last night?

Old 01-26-2008, 09:02 AM   #783
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post

I should have known before clicking on that who it would be but I just didn't for some reason.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:10 PM   #784
Simms
FOBL Commish

With the hat tip to Deadspin, here's a commercial for a Pittsburgh area car dealership, featuring Colby Armstrong, Maxim Talbot, Sergei Gonchar, and Evgeni Malkin.

Good stuff.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:52 PM   #785
TurnerONU22
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simms View Post
With the hat tip to Deadspin, here's a commercial for a Pittsburgh area car dealership, featuring Colby Armstrong, Maxim Talbot, Sergei Gonchar, and Evgeni Malkin.

Good stuff.

Good stuff indeed It reminds me of a couple of the Blue Jackets commercials for a car dealership as well, which weren't as bad as those above, but they're still painful to watch.

Rick Nash:

Jody Shelley:

TurnerONU22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:34 PM   #786
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Kris Beech is currently listed on the Penguins roster! For those of you scoring along at home, this is the same Kris Beech (aka the next Ron Francis) who has been through Nashville, Washington, Columbus, Vancouver and Washington again since leaving Pittsburgh in 2004.

I have a good feeling this time...we're going to win that Jagr trade after all!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:55 PM   #787
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Started watching a replay of the skills competition.... What a joke this has become.

1st: Didn't the 2nd guy going for the East in the puck slalom actually miss on the 2nd to last slalom, he mishandled and that I though brought it through the last one.

2nd: Where did the extra point come from after the first competition. It was supposed to be worth 2 points, one for each leg. The East wins both legs and after commercial it is 2-1 East. Then they never explain where that point came from.

3rd: The fasted skater competition was a joke as it seemed that not one person knew what was going on. They explain that it seems to be the stick crossing the line that counts but in the one heat not only did the one player cross first but his stick corssed first as well but the other player was given a faster time.

4th: They don't even know what the rules are for the finals in this event as they first send out the local guy for the East and then pull him back for a Bruin that gives a half-assed effort and gets his ass kicked.

5th: What is with that camera angle for the shootout? Yeah, use the behind the skater angle as a replay angle but let me see the entire thing as it first happens as you can barely see the goalie until the skater shoots with the behind the skater camera. Don't even get me started that the camera is being carrired by someone who is skating and not even a camera like in the NFL that is strung along the top.

This looks like a minor league event they way it is handled.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:52 AM   #788
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
This looks like a minor league event they way it is handled.

are you new to the NHL?
Old 01-27-2008, 10:08 AM   #789
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Well, nothing says professional like having one of the premier events of the year on Versus

SI

Old 01-27-2008, 10:17 AM   #790
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

At least they did it on a weekend this year, and on a weekend where there is no football.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:21 AM   #791
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

How could they not get it on NBC?

SI

Old 01-27-2008, 11:10 AM   #792
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Well, nothing says professional like having one of the premier events of the year on Versus

SI

And if I'm not mistaken, they extended the Versus deal for another 3 years. Minor league operation indeed... F'ing Bettman. Much more important to get those extra few million than actually having national exposure.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:44 PM   #793
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Nice fun finish to the game itself. Nice for Savard to get the winner back in Atlanta too.

And although I'm not a fan of the mics-on-players gimmick, I have to admit that I thought Legace came across very likable & I enjoyed hearing him.

Heh, also got a kick out of Bettman being roundly booed during the MVP presentation.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:57 PM   #794
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Hey Suburban, I thought you might like this...

Old 01-28-2008, 06:15 AM   #795
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Nothing opening up...probably cause I'm at work, and everything here is blocked!!!

Except FOFC!
Old 01-28-2008, 06:19 AM   #796
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

It's a You tube clip thats why...
Old 01-28-2008, 06:28 AM   #797
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

This suspense is going to kill me all day.

Does this involve Kris Beech??
Is it bigger than a bread box?

Last edited by Suburban Rhythm : 01-28-2008 at 06:44 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:00 PM   #798
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
And if I'm not mistaken, they extended the Versus deal for another 3 years. Minor league operation indeed... F'ing Bettman. Much more important to get those extra few million than actually having national exposure.

Right on. How much longer is Bettman in office anyway? When will the NHL get a clue and get rid of this idiot? I hope they don't do what MLB did: Bud Selig extends 3 years. Of course, Selig is the owners'/players' puppet. Dance, Bud, dance!!!

I hate both of them. True story.

Quote:
Old 01-28-2008, 01:01 PM   #799
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
This suspense is going to kill me all day.

Does this involve Kris Beech??
Is it bigger than a bread box?

Wow are you going to be pissed when you finally see it.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:05 PM   #800
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Given my irrational hatred for the Red Wings, I could never have said this two years ago, but it's OK now:

I love Manny Legace.

Legace was a lot of fun to listen to on Saturday night. So was DiPietro, although DiPietro seemed to be trying a little too hard with his jokes. My favorite was when he said that one of the players was using a Bowflex, and then Mike Emrick asks him to explain "for the people at home" what a Bowflex is.