Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-10-2012, 06:12 AM   #751
Barkeep49
Coordinator

To me, it feels like the closest message our seer left us was an Anti-Autumn bias. Not surprisingly Autumn was also one of the most vocal people against our seer.

Vote Autumn
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:29 AM   #752
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post

tyketime - did anything happen from the button push that wasn't mentioned in thread and that won't be detrimental to the villager cause for you to mention.

No. Nothing happened. But it seems like perhaps I wasn't eligible to push the button. A couple players made reference to getting a PM. I didn't know anything about that, and so it seems like my button press was a non- event.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:36 AM   #753
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
No. Nothing happened. But it seems like perhaps I wasn't eligible to push the button. A couple players made reference to getting a PM. I didn't know anything about that, and so it seems like my button press was a non- event.
Have to say I'm still not a fan of your button press. Seemed rash given the posts bitrock had at the time and only looks more rash in retrospect.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:40 AM   #754
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I want to vote Simbo for the same reason as I voted Marc Vaughan yesterday. Unfortunately we've gotten to the stage where I'm not sure we can afford to vote out non-contributors. We vote out Simbo and we get absolutely no information one way or the other. I remember now why I hate, hate, hate non-contributors early in the game. Once you pass a stage (depending on how successful you've been) you can't afford to vote them because you don't get any info from it.

Narc, I hear ya. But sheesh... I'd hate to think this is a strategy that would become effective. He posted he will be more active. I haven't played with him before, so I have no sense at all of his style. I would at least like to see him helping us out. So I'm gonna vote him. I'll gladly change it later if he really does start contributing. I just think we need to spur some conversation on - seemed a little quieter yesterday.

VOTE SIMBO
Old 05-10-2012, 06:46 AM   #755
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Have to say I'm still not a fan of your button press. Seemed rash given the posts bitrock had at the time and only looks more rash in retrospect.

I'm not sure why you'd characterize it as rash. I asked in thread for thoughts ( picking up on britrock's comment). But there was no response. I then had to leave for the movie. I suppose I could have left it for others to decide. CF is obviously still introducing mechanics into the game if anyone could push it the first time and only a certain subset could yesterday. If anything, I at least flushed out the whole PM concept for the button push.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:40 AM   #756
Ragone
Pro Rookie

vote autumn

Anyone who doesn't vote autumn today is a wolf.. autumn was the target of our seer and a easy vote.. really need to watch people who try to sway votes as well
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #757
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Well I guess I can keep posting if it makes you guys feel better about me. Seriously not used to just being completely vanilla, most of the games we play over at GDS, everyone has a role of some sort. Kind of makes any sort of defense besides your voting tough... But in that front I would like to state that my 0-for-0 is currently the best average going.

Also, lynch the inactives is usually a scum play in my experience. They don't put up a defense, and townies can at least convince themselves that even if the lynchee isn't a scum, they weren't as valuable in the first place.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #758
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone View Post
vote autumn

Anyone who doesn't vote autumn today is a wolf.. autumn was the target of our seer and a easy vote.. really need to watch people who try to sway votes as well

I agree that he's kind of the obvious vote... In the likely occurrence that he does go up and comes up wolf I'll be looking at tyketime for putting my name out there instead.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #759
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
vote autumn

Umm.... On the plus side this tends to make me think you're probably a villager because I don't think a wolf would draw that line. On the downside the statement is just nonsense. If nothing else a landslide benefits no-one, no matter Autumn's allegiance. If that means you want to "watch" me then so be it.

The current run on Autumn is worrying me. I'm not saying that I'm sure he isn't a wolf but he really hasn't struck me as being wolf-Autumn this game. So ok you might say that he was trying to snipe Raiders yesterday and came up with an explanation when he got called out on it but I don't really see it.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:56 AM   #760
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I think, as Narc said, we'd be hard-pressed to vote someone like Simbo or MV today. We just gain nothing useful if they are vanilla. I like the options of Autumn and JAG at this point, although I need to look back a little more.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #761
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Another thought I just had - was it noted that Simbo did not get penalized for his missed vote? Did I miss something about this just being on day 1?
Old 05-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #762
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

eek. Time has flown. I shall have to leave without voting.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:11 AM   #763
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Another thought I just had - was it noted that Simbo did not get penalized for his missed vote? Did I miss something about this just being on day 1?

I'm pretty sure this was only day 1 and only effecting day 1, don't think I was the only person to miss on day 2 and nobody had 3 votes added on day 2 or 3.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #764
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
vote autumn

vote Autumn

I concur with your conjecture - of course should Autumn turn out to be innocent then now we'll both be lynched on the spot
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #765
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbo Klice View Post
Also, lynch the inactives is usually a scum play in my experience. They don't put up a defense, and townies can at least convince themselves that even if the lynchee isn't a scum, they weren't as valuable in the first place.

I don't really understand the reasoning behind lynching inactives tbh - if they're 'bad guys' then they're no threat, if they're 'good guys' then they' ballast if you need survivors for winning ...

Also voting them out tells you absolutely NOTHING regarding the game or other people in it.

(just saying)
Old 05-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #766
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I agree that he's kind of the obvious vote... In the likely occurrence that he does go up and comes up wolf I'll be looking at tyketime for putting my name out there instead.

I Agree with this sentiment..
Old 05-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #767
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Umm.... On the plus side this tends to make me think you're probably a villager because I don't think a wolf would draw that line. On the downside the statement is just nonsense. If nothing else a landslide benefits no-one, no matter Autumn's allegiance. If that means you want to "watch" me then so be it.

The current run on Autumn is worrying me. I'm not saying that I'm sure he isn't a wolf but he really hasn't struck me as being wolf-Autumn this game. So ok you might say that he was trying to snipe Raiders yesterday and came up with an explanation when he got called out on it but I don't really see it.

Thats just it narcizo.. no matter how non sense my statement was, the wolves still will try to dissuade us or vote for random people.. such as tyke's vote for simbo..

i think we've already got 2 possibly 3 wolves vetted.. its just a race now.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #768
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
vote Autumn

I concur with your conjecture - of course should Autumn turn out to be innocent then now we'll both be lynched on the spot

you get me lynched i'm done buying football manager games!

just kidding..
Old 05-10-2012, 08:38 AM   #769
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Thats just it narcizo.. no matter how non sense my statement was, the wolves still will try to dissuade us or vote for random people.. such as tyke's vote for simbo..

Who are they Ragone? Other than Autumn?
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:38 AM   #770
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:

I'm with you on Autumn and tyketime, who's on your radar as the third, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 05-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #771
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

Can we come to some agreement that only those who've received the appropriate PM will push the button? Since I've gotten no PM, I'm not pushing the button, and it would be helpful if others who've not gotten the PM join me in not squandering an opportunity.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #772
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Third day in a row I've had that weird throw down a comment at the same time as someone else, each time with a different person. Very strange.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #773
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

I'm new to WW - but out of interest if someone has a special ability/situation why didn't they come out and say it to everyone publicly? .... I presume its allowed and would be to me at least the obvious way to try and draw out 'Wolves' .... ie. set yourself up as a potential target.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #774
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Third day in a row I've had that weird throw down a comment at the same time as someone else, each time with a different person. Very strange.

That just means you have a very logical mind and ask the right questions.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #775
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm new to WW - but out of interest if someone has a special ability/situation why didn't they come out and say it to everyone publicly? .... I presume its allowed and would be to me at least the obvious way to try and draw out 'Wolves' .... ie. set yourself up as a potential target.

There's a lot of different ways to play it, and it all depends on your style and the situation in the game. If you're talking about DV last night, it sounds like he wasn't really around at the end to try and save himself anyway. It's hard to put it in general terms, since it's totally based on the person playing - but it is allowed and done at times.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #776
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:

It would be a good way to get protection, but for the very reason you just mentioned (being a bigger target) seers/investigators especially are usually not claimed until the endgame usually, because their role can make the difference.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #777
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I'm with you on Autumn and tyketime, who's on your radar as the third, if you don't mind me asking?

i've been leary of ge all along... but also julio.. who has never voted for anyone other then mckernchubby. trying to fly low under the radar.. never taking a stance.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #778
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
i've been leary of ge all along... but also julio.. who has never voted for anyone other then mckernchubby. trying to fly low under the radar.. never taking a stance.
Glad you brought him up, as his actions have definitely flown beneath my radar.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #779
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:

GoldenEagle's been among the leaders and survived a couple times now, hasn't he? I could see that... I don't really know anyone's typical style here, so that hasn't really been taken into account with me. But if enough established players feel a certain way, I'll take their word for it.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #780
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Can you expand on why you feel uneasy about GE? Not trying to interrogate you, just want to see if I've missed anything I should consider.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #781
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

My chiffon and I are worried that our stance as being against wolves has not been made clear. I have a specific few in mind, and one of them is leading the voting at this point, so that is who I am voting for. I believe he is one of the ones with the teeth and a good sway his way early makes me think he can be the first one we successfully eliminate.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #782
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Oh yeah, forgot to vote.

VOTE AUTUMN

FUCK EA
Old 05-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #783
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:

I voted for JAG on day one, he is also one of the three I think are most likely to be wolves.

FUCK EA
Old 05-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #784
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I voted for JAG on day one, he is also one of the three I think are most likely to be wolves.

Why?
Old 05-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #785
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Hi guys, sorry about yesterday. I had a job interview during the day, and a class on raising twins in the evening, and I didn't think about how both of those being on the same day would give me no time here. I still have to write some thank yous, but then I'll catch up and post if I'm still alive.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #786
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

I agree with this. And I thought his theory that Jackal was sending us a message about britrock was odd too. He seems a bit suspicious to me.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #787
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:

With all due respect to DV, you are absolutely correct. If you are the seer, you just can't let yourself be lynched without a reveal. Even if he didn't catch a wolf in his first two days, he could have cleared a couple players and also got a third scan in (with the presence of a BG)

Without a seer, we're pretty much stuffed.

As for voting, seems like Autumn has pretty much been condemned. I think he's a decent candidate but I think it's a huge leap to suggest that because DV voted for him, he must have known he was a wolf. If DV had a wolf and still didn't think to reveal on day 3, that's a horrible play.

I'm going to go with the mckerney line of thinking, at least for a while. I actually feel stronger about him than I did last night. He's way, way under the radar and I question why he's still alive

vote mckerney
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #788
KWhit
Coordinator

But I'm going to vote Autumn. It seems to me that a seer wouldn't vote for the same person 2 out of 3 days unless he knew something.

VOTE AUTUMN
Old 05-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #789
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:

I agree 100% with this, FWIW
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #790
KWhit
Coordinator

Day 1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
Vote Autumn
Putting this down so I dont forget later

Day 3:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
Vote Autumn

Not gonna be around today because of work. Was thinking about voting him yesterday but I seriously doubted that he would have gathered any traction

I don't think the seer would do that unless he had good info on Autumn.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #791
Barkeep49
Coordinator

It does seem like pretty normal behavior for a seer to scan someone they vote for D1. This consecutive day voting really does seem like a great way for DV to have sent us a message in a circumstance like this where he wasn't able to do a formal reveal.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #792
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

JAG, you're probably the least likely of the three I suspect, and I am basing that mostly on the sense of slight bemusement I felt you expressed when DV went down. Its not much to go on at this point, I admit.

My main two at this point are Autumn and mckerney actually. mckerney has been quiet mostly, but also very cryptic with his brief statements. He has been playing coyly innocent in the least believable way of all of us so far, IMO.

Autumn because he was voted for 2 times by DV, who was the seer. The first time DV made sure he voted autumn, which has me believing he wanted to make sure he cast his vote since he knew something. My main question there is how long was DV the seer?

Another creeping up my board is GE, who introduced himself as a Vanilla Villager on day one instead of as a tester.

FUCK EA
Old 05-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #793
Autumn
Head Coach

All I can tell you guys is that Darth definitely did not scan me. I can see where you'd draw the conclusion, and it's not a bad percentage play to go with to vote me given how little other information we have. But at least pay attention to who jumps on the bandwagon, as well as who tries to have be the good guy by not voting the guy he knows is a villager.

All I can really say is, DV got lynched day 3 without revealing, so saying "a seer would never do ..." doesn't necessarily apply in this case. I think all we can say is that he didn't catch a wolf in any of the other lead vote getters.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #794
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
JAG, you're probably the least likely of the three I suspect, and I am basing that mostly on the sense of slight bemusement I felt you expressed when DV went down. Its not much to go on at this point, I admit.

My main two at this point are Autumn and mckerney actually. mckerney has been quiet mostly, but also very cryptic with his brief statements. He has been playing coyly innocent in the least believable way of all of us so far, IMO.

Autumn because he was voted for 2 times by DV, who was the seer. The first time DV made sure he voted autumn, which has me believing he wanted to make sure he cast his vote since he knew something. My main question there is how long was DV the seer?

Another creeping up my board is GE, who introduced himself as a Vanilla Villager on day one instead of as a tester.

Didn't DV vote me the first time on Day 1? He obviously didn't know anything more than anyone else at that point. The only question for you guys is if his Day 3 vote means anything. If he scanned me because I was his day one vote, he likely would have scanned me night 1. If he did, and I was a wolf, why no vote day 2? If I was seer I would make sure I made a post right after deadline that mentioned the wolf I had found so people can find it later, at the very least. If he didn't scan me until night two, waht did he post between deadline and his vote for me?

I have the benefit of knowing that he didn't scan me, so I guess it looks less convincing to me, but if the only post he made after deadline is voting me, I can't argue much about that.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #795
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm going to go back to my other vote from yesterday. Nothing PackerFanatic has posted since has changed my mind that he might be a good suspect.

vote packerfanatic
Old 05-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #796
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
All I can tell you guys is that Darth definitely did not scan me. I can see where you'd draw the conclusion, and it's not a bad percentage play to go with to vote me given how little other information we have. But at least pay attention to who jumps on the bandwagon, as well as who tries to have be the good guy by not voting the guy he knows is a villager.

How would any good guy know you were a villager? Unless it was the seer. Who, remember, actually VOTED FOR YOU TWICE and said he wanted to vote for you a 3rd time.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #797
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
All I can tell you guys is that Darth definitely did not scan me.

Do you say this because you have a role that allows you to know that or simply because you're a villager?
Old 05-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #798
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Do you say this because you have a role that allows you to know that or simply because you're a villager?

Because I'm a villager. If he had scanned me he wouldn't have voted me.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #799
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I like the building intrigue today. Think there are gonna be a lot of good nuggets out there as we reach the deadline.

FUCK EA
Old 05-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #800
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
How would any good guy know you were a villager? Unless it was the seer. Who, remember, actually VOTED FOR YOU TWICE and said he wanted to vote for you a 3rd time.

I'm saying a wolf might try to look like a good guy. The wolves know I'm not one of them, so they may try to hide in a landslide, or alternately make sure they don't end up on me so they can say "well, I didn't kill a villager, you guys did."