Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-08-2005, 12:56 AM   #751
stevew
Hall Of Famer

And seriously, if i write for several days, my guys all get sick, our popularity drops if i try to record......but vils, that dude is bulletproof...

And the game is beginning to hang again....hmmmmmmm no cheating tho.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 02:57 AM   #752
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog
SI: Thanks for the advice, but I have found the magic numbers for touring/Resting/practicing. My guys never drop below 99 for happiness or health. I may not be the most popular, or even the richest, but I have a good formula going.

That's cool. I do have guys hitting in the 80s on happiness and health, particularly after a release since there's not enough days in the month. But I rarely drop below that and it's pretty easy to correct. Plus, I like playing a little fast and loose with those in my resting so I can raise the popularity, looks, intensity, etc of each. To me, happy and healthy is no good if they're not that good of band members. Plus, I like my 90+ popularity

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 09:37 AM   #753
JeeberD
General Manager

After months of serious touring, Death to bbor is #15 overall with 112 popularity!

Of course, we've forgotton all our songs now. Guess it's time to actually get some practice in...

Damn game is stuck.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 10:27 AM   #754
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Then we have different definitions of cheating IMHO. Anytime you take an advantage of a bug to get ahead, and this was simply a bug, you have cheated. I understand why he didnt delete the cheaters though, I dont think he can really tell who exactly cheated. The only people who cheated for certain are those that admited it, and those that produced an insane number of albums and singles in a very short time. It would be very hard to detect it if someone merely rested and toured more.

But now bands like VILS, that dont have the luxury of that will fall. Since he cheated, he never learned how to play the game properly and will suffer.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 01:04 PM   #755
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog
But now bands like VILS, that dont have the luxury of that will fall. Since he cheated, he never learned how to play the game properly and will suffer.

Having about $30M in the bank and all his skills maxed out is a hell of a tutor for him to learn under.

I'm probably going to fold Elitists Records once I have a chance to get a message out to all of our groups, because I am pretty disgusted with the game and its universe right now. It is a bummer, because it is a fun game, but when I am competing with have cheated (or are cheating), and nothing has been done about it, it sickens me. Worse, it seems like the most vocal of the players on the message board and the developer don't have much of a problem with it.

To me, it is like being in a class and the teacher knows some students have cheated, but because the teacher suspects others have cheated, he doesn't expel the cheaters, and actually lets them keep their (inflated) grades. Instead of booting the cheaters, it just damages the grading curve.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 01:47 PM   #756
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Worse, it seems like the most vocal of the players on the message board and the developer don't have much of a problem with it.
There are some world-class idiots on the Maven Boards, that is for certain.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:01 PM   #757
Airhog
Captain Obvious

True, but the poll clearly stated that 90+% of the players wanted the accounts removed.

Old 05-08-2005, 03:31 PM   #758
Karim
College Starter

Finally got around to joining up with the all-girl bubblegum pop group, 'The Sugar Cubes' out of Calgary, Alberta.

One weird thing, my lead vocalist is 14 years old with backup vocalists being 15 and 29??? I was hoping to edit their ages and names but can't.

Any FOFC labels out there that have any room?
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 06:17 PM   #759
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Looks like the game is running again. Make sure to get in your changes for the night.

SI

Old 05-08-2005, 07:07 PM   #760
Karim
College Starter

SI,

Are you running Front Office Records? I noticed 19 members so I applied.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:42 PM   #761
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim
SI,

Are you running Front Office Records? I noticed 19 members so I applied.

Yeah, but unfortunately that spot is spoken for by someone who ended their contract this past month. I try to reup the bands who stick with us.

SI

Old 05-08-2005, 09:19 PM   #762
Karim
College Starter

No problem.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:17 PM   #763
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Nice to see that the ""Karma Code" has put a dent in Vils Slum's success. He was only able to release 8 records in the past 9 months while maintaining a 100 in popularity and cohesion and 200 groupies.

Swaggs, I think it is possible that the so-called "karma code" might be impacting Vils in other areas besides cohesion/groupies.

The last single he put out came in at a 70 and has sold less than half of the copies that Too Bad Bruthaz have done over the same period of time. I'm pretty sure that he hasn't had a #1 hit in many singles since the cheating scandal came up, although he has a couple of top ten appearances.

He also has miserable health and happiness ratings. Finally, he has an addiction. Maybe these are by-products of his scheduling (emphasis on production) but maybe not. I don't have experience yet with running a band that is anything approaching prolific.

Also, is cohesion an issue for a one-man band? If so, that seems strange ... who are you going to be contentious with?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 10:48 PM   #764
Swaggs
Coordinator

According to Vils: "Ratings are low because I mix up some of the later songs with the early stuff. 90+ don't mix well with 39's."

To me, while it may be possible for him to continue to write (in order to create all the songs he releases, almost monthly), record (in order to release decent stuff that sells, almost monthly), and tour (in order to keep his popularity perpetually at 100), my experience with the game tells me that something is fishy with that. Maybe during the exploitation days, he wrote a ton of songs or something or maybe his artificially inflated "Musicianship" and "Personality" ratings allow him to do things the rest of us can't--I don't know.

What I know is that my bands are both in the top 10 for all time sales, and when I take time to write, I don't have time to tour or record. When I tour, I don't have time to write or record. Something always suffers while I'm concentrating on other areas, and I have rarely missed a sim since MM3 opened up.

Anyway...I'm tired of worrying about it. If anyone wants to put out a big budget release sometime in the next week or two, and can put it out the same day they contact me, let me know. I have about $40M in the label and they say you can't take it with you.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:33 AM   #765
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

For the guys here worried about the ones who used exploits, it looks like VilS deleted himself, so that's one down that you don't have to worry about. The other guy - Today's Another Day Away who had insane amounts of days scheduled deleted himself too, so that really only leaves Heaven.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:48 AM   #766
Castlerock
High School Varsity

Who wants a record contract?
I have a label with over $7 million and I am not planning to play anymore. Let me know what terms (#of albums/singles) and how much money you want.
Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:52 AM   #767
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deattribution
For the guys here worried about the ones who used exploits, it looks like VilS deleted himself, so that's one down that you don't have to worry about. The other guy - Today's Another Day Away who had insane amounts of days scheduled deleted himself too, so that really only leaves Heaven.

How do you delete yourself?
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 02:34 PM   #768
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Vampires of Doom have oh so close to the top, with their new single release, 'Stories from Hell (part 3)', #3 in the Singles Chart...
Old 05-09-2005, 02:35 PM   #769
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Also, is cohesion an issue for a one-man band? If so, that seems strange ... who are you going to be contentious with?

How did you make a 1-man band? I remember I wanted to earlier, but couldn't...minimum was 2...
Old 05-09-2005, 03:45 PM   #770
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
How do you delete yourself?

Easy

Account Info - My Account - Delete Your Band.

The only reason I noticed is because not only is his band gone, but all of his records are gone from the charts, Thug Life lost all the sales from them, practically everything is back to normal - in terms of what he did.

Now if Heaven did the same, noone would really have a reason to quit.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:46 PM   #771
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic flying froggies
How did you make a 1-man band? I remember I wanted to earlier, but couldn't...minimum was 2...

It says the minimum is 2, but you can select only one member on a custom line-up.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:07 PM   #772
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic flying froggies

That'd be great! In Maven Mall there could be the "One Man Band Kit". With the harmonica and drums and ukulele and everything!

SI

Old 05-10-2005, 01:42 AM   #773
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Finally got around to joining up with the all-girl bubblegum pop group, 'The Sugar Cubes' out of Calgary, Alberta.

One weird thing, my lead vocalist is 14 years old with backup vocalists being 15 and 29??? I was hoping to edit their ages and names but can't.

Any FOFC labels out there that have any room?

We have an opening since someone jumped ship. Frankly, I doubt you'll even use this much cash on your first couple of recordings. But it'll be a good start for you.

SI

Old 05-10-2005, 02:26 AM   #774
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
We have an opening since someone jumped ship. Frankly, I doubt you'll even use this much cash on your first couple of recordings. But it'll be a good start for you.

SI

Great, thanks!
Old 05-11-2005, 07:41 AM   #775
JeeberD
General Manager

Question for the gurus out there...

My full length album that I put out nine months ago is still selling a bit, 10,000 or so last month. I still have a good number in stock and would like to see those sell. If I put out a new single will that cease the sales of the album, or will both of them get sales?

Old 05-11-2005, 07:55 AM   #776
Tigercat
College Starter

Not at all, in fact if you put out extra promotion with the new recording to help that sell, it should help the old recording. I have singles and albums that I recorded up to 8-10 studio trips again that still sell in the 10k area and get a nice little boost from any promotions.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 08:36 AM   #777
JeeberD
General Manager

Great, thanks...

Old 05-11-2005, 12:32 PM   #778
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Question for the gurus out there...

My full length album that I put out nine months ago is still selling a bit, 10,000 or so last month. I still have a good number in stock and would like to see those sell. If I put out a new single will that cease the sales of the album, or will both of them get sales?

Residuals, my friend.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:47 AM   #779
Karim
College Starter

Another question for the gurus...

My band has created two songs and I've noticed that their knowledge of the song improved from 'Did we write this?' to 'Several Mistakes'. Unfortunately the 'quality' hasn't improved and is only at '10' and '18'.

Is there any way to improve this or do you have to just keep pumping out songs until you get a good one?
Old 05-12-2005, 08:56 AM   #780
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:

Is there any way to improve this or do you have to just keep pumping out songs until you get a good one?

The latter. Your songwriting abilities usually get better over time.

Song quality refers to the musical quality of the song itself, not the band's ability to play it...
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 04:41 PM   #781
Airhog
Captain Obvious

by the time you record your second album, your songwriting skills should be good enough for 90 ratings on your songs. I still havent wrote anything higher than a 93 though....

Old 05-12-2005, 04:58 PM   #782
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Since The Cornelius Machine jumped ship, Front Office Records has another spot. Post here if you want it.

SI

Old 05-14-2005, 03:28 PM   #783
Karim
College Starter

I must admit this is addicting. I know I'd buy a PC version.

A couple of questions from a n00b:

1) Hanging out with groupies and hosting a killer party did nothing except lower health and intensity. Are there any positive effects? Similarly, practicing yoga did nothing positive or negative.

2) The only category I haven't seen affected is creativity. How do you influence this?

3) Should you avoid the drug-dealer?
Old 05-14-2005, 03:32 PM   #784
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
I must admit this is addicting. I know I'd buy a PC version.

A couple of questions from a n00b:

1) Hanging out with groupies and hosting a killer party did nothing except lower health and intensity. Are there any positive effects? Similarly, practicing yoga did nothing positive or negative.

2) The only category I haven't seen affected is creativity. How do you influence this?

3) Should you avoid the drug-dealer?

I believe not avoiding the drug-dealer helps #2.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 04:52 PM   #785
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Yep, drug dealer gives a boost to creativity.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 09:46 PM   #786
Swaggs
Coordinator

Groupies and killer party help happiness, but fatigue you.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:25 PM   #787
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Groupies and killer party help happiness, but fatigue you.

I think killer party also improves popularity.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:05 AM   #788
Klinglerware
College Starter

Maximum Appeal's latest album, "Spunkified", hit #2 on the overall chart, #1 on the teen pop chart.

Woo hoo!
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 10:36 AM   #789
Pro Rookie

I haven't logged on in 3 or 4 days...Somehow, I lost interest all of a sudden.

It's a nice game, but tends to be repetitive after a while...
Old 05-21-2005, 01:02 PM   #790
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Update on Front Office Records:

Going Strong
Fascist Eagle, Kleft, Koda, Maximum Appeal, Pimp Daddies, S.T.A.T, Somatic, The Pasty White Thighs, The Sugar Cubes (well, just started)

On Label But Haven't Played in a While
Death to bbor, Canadian Myth, Loves of a Blonde, Purge of Logic

Dropped Due to Inactivity
Cream City Crusaders, Double D and the Usuals, Flair, Gorettos, Strutter, The Klein Bottles

As you can see, we have a lot of space freed up. Shame since some of those dropped were some of our better bands. And some of the recently inactive bands also are quite good and still have pretty good stats so people could still play them. So, any FOFC'ers wanting to join Front Office Records, POST HERE to apply. I want to keep the label FOFC and I don't know who's FOFC in game so post here if you want to join.

SI

Old 05-21-2005, 01:07 PM   #791
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
Update on Front Office Records:

On Label But Haven't Played in a While
Death to bbor

Huh? I still log in and play every day...

Old 05-21-2005, 01:16 PM   #792
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Huh? I still log in and play every day...

That's cool- I was just basing this off when people have released stuff so I was just making guesses. I won't drop bands unless they're like the ones I dropped where all of their stats are in single digits and hadn't released in 4 years (over a month of real life time).

SI

Old 05-21-2005, 01:27 PM   #793
jaygr
H.S. Freshman Team

I'd like to join the label if you have a lot of free spaces. My band is The Short Order Cooks, a parody band that makes food themed parody songs of a bunch of punk songs. I've been playing MM3 for quite some time; since the start of this thread I believe. My first label sucked and after I fullfilled my contract with them I have been solo.

Last edited by jaygr : 05-21-2005 at 01:28 PM.
jaygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 01:27 PM   #794
JeeberD
General Manager

No prob, and I should have a new single coming out in a couple of months...

Old 05-21-2005, 01:35 PM   #795
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygr
I'd like to join the label if you have a lot of free spaces. My band is The Short Order Cooks, a parody band that makes food themed parody songs of a bunch of punk songs. I've been playing MM3 for quite some time; since the start of this thread I believe. My first label sucked and after I fullfilled my contract with them I have been solo.
You have a contract offer from Front Office Records (I hope it's better terms than your previous contracts)

I tend to offer 3/1 or 4/1 contracts depending on a band's history because having something like a 3/3 contract seems silly to me- you might as well release singles of all of your album song to maximize your band's profits.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 05-21-2005 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:37 PM   #796
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

contra
Quote:
No prob, and I should have a new single coming out in a couple of months...
No rush or anything. I was just using that as a measuring stick to see how active a band was. I could care less if you spend the next 20 days just touring, resting, and practicing to improve your bands ratings and songs- that's your business.

Tho, it looks like, after your next single, you get a new contract.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 05-21-2005 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:14 PM   #797
Karim
College Starter

I think I screwed up on my first single release. I read on the MM3 forums to use all the money because it won't carry over. So I used all $300,000 on the first single! I guess that means there is $0 for the second single, correct? As a result, I suppose I need to tour and use my funds to release a crappy second single?
Old 05-21-2005, 05:50 PM   #798
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm free of FW Entertainment (finally completed my contract). My first independent single comes out next month, Freedom. No, it is not a George Michael cover song.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 08:13 PM   #799
hoopsguy
General Manager

I seem to recall liking the "Freedom" video ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 08:18 PM   #800
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think I screwed up on my first single release. I read on the MM3 forums to use all the money because it won't carry over. So I used all $300,000 on the first single! I guess that means there is $0 for the second single, correct? As a result, I suppose I need to tour and use my funds to release a crappy second single?

Is that how it worked? I thought you got the full amount each time you released an album because from the label's point of view it says "Funds per release" so I just figured that meant you get that each time from the label. And then you have to pay the amount on top of that (which, for you, should be $0 since you don't sell enough albums yet to make that high even if you go 10ish days in studio with max costs).

SI