FOFC Survivor

I didn't think we were tied.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:21 PM   #752
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I didn't think we were tied.

According to Neon, Alan just tied it up minutes ago before I broke it.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:22 PM   #753
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
According to Neon, Alan just tied it up minutes ago before I broke it.

I didn't tie it back up. Sndvls is still in the lead (by 2 now)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:23 PM   #754
KWhit
Coordinator

I believe SnDvls. I think the whole apparating mess/confusion probably might stem from the fact that Saldana's intro could be referring to the village having a charm on it that prevents people from apparating into or out of the village, but DEs may still be able to apparate within the borders of the village. At least that is one plausible explanation.

So I am going to back SnDvls for now and...

VOTE WVUFan.

By the way, I just got back in from a training session and dinner which is why I was out most of the day. I wasn't expecting a vote to be due tonight, based on the schedule.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:23 PM   #755
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

This is what I have for today's voting pattern so far and who I have as leading right now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Today's vote so far
Coffee Warlord votes for dubb (1)
Coder votes for coffee warlord (1)
SnDvls votes for Superman (1)
St.Cronin votes for Sndvls (1)
lathum votes for Superman (2)
Dacman votes for Sndvls (2)
Jeeber votes for Superman (3)
SnDvls UNVOTES superman (2)
kingfc22 votes sndvls (3)
Coffee Warlord UNVOTES dubb (0)
Raiders Army votes for Wvufan (1)
dubb votes for wvufan (2)
Lathum UNVOTES superman (1)
Jeeber UNVOTES superman (0)
jeeber votes for wvufan (3)
sndvls votes for wvufan (4)
grammaticus votes for sndvls (4)
wvufan votes for sndvls (5)
coffee warlord votes for sndvls (6)
dubb UNVOTES wvufan (3)
dubb votes for pass (1)
ardent votes for coffee warlord (2)
grammaticus UNVOTES sndvls (5)
Jesse votes for sndvls (6)
dubb UNVOTES pass (0)
dubb votes for sndvls (7)
Grammaticus votes for wvufan (4)
Desnudo votes for coffee warlord (3)
Lathum votes for Sndvls (8)
Alan T votes for coffee warlord (4)
path votes for Pass (1)
Desnudo UNVOTES coffee warlord (3)
RPI votes for Mr. wednesday (1)
st.croning UNVOTES sndvls (7)
path UNVOTES pass (0)
st.croning votes sndvls (8)
ardent UNVOTES coffee warlord (2)
ardent votes for wvufan (5)
schmidty votes for sndvls (9)
st.croning UNvOTES sndvls (8)
st.cronin votes for wvufan (6)
dubb UNVOTES sndvls (7)
dubb votes for wvufan (7)
taz votes for superman (1)
rpi UNVOTES mr.wednesday (0)
rpi votes for pass (1)
pass votes for sndvls (8)
neon votes for sndvls (9)
superman votes for coffee warlord (3)
Alan T UNVOTES coffee warlord (2)
Alan T votes for wvufan (8)
dubb UNVOTES wvufan (7)
dubb votes for sndvls (10)
Old 01-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #756
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Well, I think it would be a long shot for Sun to randomly get bandwagoned and have a charm that protects him from the seer. I Also think it is very possible he is a DE.

1. If we let Sun live and Neon dies, we know he is a DE and he goes tomorrow
2. If we lynch Sun today, we may get a DE and if we don't, we have nothing
3. If we force a tie and the Duke does not act, we may uncover a cleared Villager who breaks the tie
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #757
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

lol, I wanted to go to bed earlier, but now Im dying to find out how this vote ends up since Neon seems to think pretty strongly about my ties to sndvls. I am curious to see if he ends up fooling me or not.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #758
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Are we missing any votes?
Old 01-10-2006, 10:26 PM   #759
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Well, I think it would be a long shot for Sun to randomly get bandwagoned and have a charm that protects him from the seer. I Also think it is very possible he is a DE.

1. If we let Sun live and Neon dies, we know he is a DE and he goes tomorrow
2. If we lynch Sun today, we may get a DE and if we don't, we have nothing
3. If we force a tie and the Duke does not act, we may uncover a cleared Villager who breaks the tie

That is what my point was all along
Old 01-10-2006, 10:26 PM   #760
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Maybe its my lack of understanding about the Harry Potter world here, but we have proof he is lying? I honestly have no idea what these charms are or do other than what was described. As you and St.Cronin are in my mind the only two "cleared" people here, you obviously carry alot of weight in these discussions and I think alot of people are interested in your thoughts (including me).

I don't think I am alone in what I have been saying though, I think alot of people have been trying to push for a tie (including one of our dead villagers).

To me the more people we can clear early on, the better for us to hunt down those who we can't.

Quote:

There are two stages in Apparation... to disapparate (disappear) from a given location, and then to apparate (appear) at any given location.

An anti-disapparation charm would disable a wizard's ability to disapparate, not his ability to to apparate.

Captured Death Eathers are cast Anti-Disapparation charms to prevent them from disapparating.

Private houses in the Wizarding world are protected by Anti-Apparation charms, charms that prevent someone from appearing inside the house.

An anti-disapparation charm only prevents someone from disappearing, which is basically useless in trying to defend me.

The only use for an anti-disapparation charm would be to prevent someone from LEAVING. I can't, for the life of me figure out how in the world can SnDvls protect me?

I'm dying tonight, anyway. Noone can protect me, since I believe that Blade would probably have become an Auror (or the ability to teach someone to become an Auror. I think the thing that killed blade was a poisonous material/charm that was a one-shot kill. Which means there could only be one kill tonight, ME.

If I'm wrong, then I'm sorry SnDvls... but my gut instinct says that you're reasoning is dubious at best.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:30 PM   #761
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

From Wikipedia:

Quote:

Apparition is a magical form of teleportation, by which a witch or wizard can disappear ("disapparate") from one location and instantly reappear ("apparate") in another. It is accompanied by a distinctive cracking or popping sound, possibly caused by the abrupt movement of air as a result of the nearly instantaneous displacement of the body. The act is also accompanied by a very unpleasant squeezing sensation, as though being sent through a tight rubber tube, according to Harry [HP6].

Apparition is an activity licensed by the Ministry of Magic when a witch or wizard reaches 17 years of age, similarly to the way Muggle governments license individuals for their ability to drive a motor vehicle. Students attend Ministry lessons in Apparition during their sixth year, after the completion of which they have the opportunity to take their licensing examination, on or after their 17th birthday.

The training is difficult, and students run the risk of splinching — being physically split between the origin and destination — which during lessons requires the assistance of the Ministry's Accidental Magic Reversal Squad to undo. Splinching is quite common during lessons, and can be uncomfortable depending on the body parts splinched, but is ultimately harmless if properly reversed.

Apparition is considered unreliable over long distances, and even experienced users of the technique sometimes prefer other means of transport, such as broomsticks.
For reasons of security, the grounds of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry are protected by ancient anti-apparition and -disapparition spells, which prevent anyone from apparating or disapparating on school grounds.

ANTI-APPARITION and ANTI-DISAPPARITION spells are distinguished from each other.

DE possible list now for me:

SnDvls
Alan T
KWhit.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:30 PM   #762
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
The only use for an anti-disapparation charm would be to prevent someone from LEAVING. I can't, for the life of me figure out how in the world can SnDvls protect me?

I'm dying tonight, anyway. Noone can protect me, since I believe that Blade would probably have become an Auror (or the ability to teach someone to become an Auror. I think the thing that killed blade was a poisonous material/charm that was a one-shot kill. Which means there could only be one kill tonight, ME.

If I'm wrong, then I'm sorry SnDvls... but my gut instinct says that you're reasoning is dubious at best.
So you would rather us lynch Sun and on the chance he is not a DE, we have nothing and you end up getting killed tonight. Or we let Sun prove himself and you may live another night, if not we still get Sun tomorrow.

What is the down side? Because I think we are going in circles and daylight is burning partner.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:31 PM   #763
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Are we missing any votes?

Alan missed my vote in the post before his. (If that's what you meant)...
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:31 PM   #764
WVUFAN
College Starter

You have, one one hand, someone who is lying about his role (SnDvls), and on the other someone who could be lynched simply because he hasn't posted a whole heck of a lot (me, and I've explained why). I'm a villager, plain and simple, and I've done nothing to indicate the contrary.

My only question is why are people trying to push for a tie?
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:31 PM   #765
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

So sun said he had an anti-disapparation charm which is used for capturing DE to prevent them from leaving? I guess I am really lost on the terms. If what you are saying is true, and Sundvls didnt just mess up in saying what he has, then it looks like you did catch him. I still dont understand why DEs would pull this move this early, especially with alot of the vote left. Just seems like a really foolish move if that was indeed a ploy.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:32 PM   #766
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

KWhit, no, I was looking for anyone that hadn't voted. The current count is WVU-8, Sun-10
Old 01-10-2006, 10:32 PM   #767
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Alan missed my vote in the post before his. (If that's what you meant)...
I think the vote is

Sun 10
WVU 8
Old 01-10-2006, 10:33 PM   #768
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN
You have, one one hand, someone who is lying about his role (SnDvls), and on the other someone who could be lynched simply because he hasn't posted a whole heck of a lot (me, and I've explained why). I'm a villager, plain and simple, and I've done nothing to indicate the contrary.

Because Blade hinted pretty strongly that there were some villagers he believed that had a role that would show up in a case of a tie. a Tie would help us validate more people, especially in a case when coming in we had no real clues on who DEs were.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:33 PM   #769
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN

The reason for me, was b/c Blade was so confident yesterday that it was the thing to do and he ended up getting killed. And assuming there is a tie breaker person like Blade insisted, it gives us another cleared villager. Which is never a bad thing. But I don't think it is worth it at this point. I'm confident Sun is a DE.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:33 PM   #770
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think the vote is

Sun 10
WVU 8

Thats what I have also
Old 01-10-2006, 10:34 PM   #771
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I'm thinking of taking the gamble to let Sun live one more day. If that is tha case, Pass you are going to get lynched. Is there any reason you should not get swapped for Sun?
Old 01-10-2006, 10:35 PM   #772
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
The reason for me, was b/c Blade was so confident yesterday that it was the thing to do and he ended up getting killed. And assuming there is a tie breaker person like Blade insisted, it gives us another cleared villager. Which is never a bad thing. But I don't think it is worth it at this point. I'm confident Sun is a DE.

A tie breaking role doesn't validate anyone. Can't Death Eaters have secondary roles as well?
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:35 PM   #773
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
So sun said he had an anti-disapparation charm which is used for capturing DE to prevent them from leaving? I guess I am really lost on the terms. If what you are saying is true, and Sundvls didnt just mess up in saying what he has, then it looks like you did catch him. I still dont understand why DEs would pull this move this early, especially with alot of the vote left. Just seems like a really foolish move if that was indeed a ploy.

I think I explained things clearly in my wording and in no way did I say that it was used to capture DE. I said it was used ON captured DE.

SPEAK NO MORE SERVANT OF HE-WHO-MUST-BE-NAMED.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:36 PM   #774
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Is that from the movie?
Old 01-10-2006, 10:36 PM   #775
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm thinking of taking the gamble to let Sun live one more day. If that is tha case, Pass you are going to get lynched. Is there any reason you should not get swapped for Sun?

I wouldnt do this. If people want to kill sun, I would just go ahead with it. Killing one person we dont know anything about to clear another who alot of people think is guilty is break even to me. To me doing this via a tie, would clear/guilt 2 people with one vote. I guess a duking would also though.

I think though if people feel this strongly about sun, should just let him be lynched.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:38 PM   #776
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think I explained things clearly in my wording and in no way did I say that it was used to capture DE. I said it was used ON captured DE.

Im honestly hoping that you don't hold my lack of understanding of the terms against me here I'm honestly trying to follow along
Old 01-10-2006, 10:38 PM   #777
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Neon are you going off the wording of SnDvl's post or are do you have anything else on him?
Old 01-10-2006, 10:39 PM   #778
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Wow, it's amazing how noone seems to be listening to me... and is ignoring the blatant fact that SNDVLS LIED.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:39 PM   #779
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

SnDvls' post #594

Quote:
well it seems that not only are you going to lose me, but Neon as well.
I guarantee I can save him tonight and he can scan me in the morning.
I have an Anti-Disapparation Charm among the few items I have to protect myself as well. It allows me to prevent the Death Eaters from entering Neon's house. It would allow him to scan me and prove I'm a good wizard. Don't make the mistake of lynching me. Give me my chance to prove myself by protecting Neon and allowing him to clear me.

Anti-Disapparation? Reparo? I strongly feel SnDvls is pulling things out of his ass.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:41 PM   #780
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Wow, it's amazing how noone seems to be listening to me... and is ignoring the blatant fact that SNDVLS LIED.

Pardon?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:42 PM   #781
saldana
Pro Starter

20 more minutes
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:43 PM   #782
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Dude, the only thing I am worried about is if somehow he's telling the truth and could protect you.

If we don't have a seer that's bad news. If he's telling the truth, we have another X days of you around. If he's not, we lose you tomorrow. If he's gone, regardless, I think we'll lose you tomorrow.

Crap. It's almost time for me to go home. No net at home, fellas, until the mid morning.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:44 PM   #783
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Th 'reparo' comes from post #603

Quote:
because my charm/spell is only allowed one use (I guess to make the odds fair for the death eaters). I also have a reparo spell. It allows me to repair something (I'm assuming someone else has something that can be damaged).
Old 01-10-2006, 10:46 PM   #784
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

If a tie were levelled of now, Sun would be the non magical tie breaker and die if no one comes forth to save him. If he did get saved, someone is cleared and we can still get Sun tomorrow if Neon dies.

What is the harm, killing him now will not save Neon if Sun is a DE.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:47 PM   #785
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

There is a mexican restarant down the street called El Reparo. Prehaps Sun makes us all tacos when he casts it?
Old 01-10-2006, 10:47 PM   #786
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I AM TELLING YOU RIGHT NOW, HE CANNOT PROTECT ME IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.

In a way this is nice, the battle-lines are being drawn.

SnDvls
KWhit
Alan T

and now, ardent enthusiast.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:48 PM   #787
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
There is a mexican restarant down the street called El Reparo. Prehaps Sun makes us all tacos when he casts it?
Mmmm, Tacos
Old 01-10-2006, 10:49 PM   #788
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Hard shell or soft?
Old 01-10-2006, 10:49 PM   #789
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I AM TELLING YOU RIGHT NOW, HE CANNOT PROTECT ME IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.

In a way this is nice, the battle-lines are being drawn.

SnDvls
KWhit
Alan T

and now, ardent enthusiast.
Neon, take a chill pill, dumbass.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:49 PM   #790
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I AM RESIGNED TO THE FACT THAT NOONE CAN PROTECT ME NOW.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:50 PM   #791
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Hard shell or soft?

We'll have to wait for Sun to come back on and tell us.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:50 PM   #792
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sorry, you pissed me off with that. I'm just trying to flesh junk out and you're thowing damn accusations around like they're going out of style.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:50 PM   #793
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Okay, I get it.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:52 PM   #794
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Of course, if SnDvls turns out to be innocent, then it was a horrible ploy and horribly poor wording in the case of either SnDvls or saldana since Anti-Disapparation spells really can't do jack-shit to save anyone.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:52 PM   #795
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Quote:

I like bold typing too.
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:54 PM   #796
Blade6119
Coordinator

lol, 14 people reading, like every time i look...damn this game is popular...can you say post record? This thread will break it
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:54 PM   #797
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

We are missing a great opportunity to clear a wizard. Regardless I think Sun will have to accept his fate on this one, unless someone wants to make a tie at the wire.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:55 PM   #798
path12
Coordinator

Scrambling to catch up, anyone got the latest tally?
Old 01-10-2006, 10:56 PM   #799
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I can change the vote -- who do I need to vote for? I don't have time to catch up, I'm only on page 22 and I have four minutes.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:56 PM   #800
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

ae: no biggie. we all get swayed by emotions.

SnDvls was caught in a lie (he cannot do jack-shit to help me live tonight) and KWhit, Alan T, and you are protecting him by trying to push for a tie. That puts you in my DE column.

Suspected Death-Eaters:
SnDvls
Alan T
KWhit
ardent enthusiast