Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-29-2007, 08:27 PM   #701
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Well from the last few games, I've gotten the impression that everyone feels that way about me too.

Alant, we love to hate you

You are just a good werewolf player...dont take it to heart
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:27 PM   #702
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
so almost like...somebody slipped something into your drink...or else that's a mechanism of "CR is a wolf and that's cronin's way of saying you can't follow a wolf" or something...

It was night 1 though, nobody knew who he was so why would they poison his drink even if someone had that ability?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:28 PM   #703
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
so almost like...somebody slipped something into your drink...or else that's a mechanism of "CR is a wolf and that's cronin's way of saying you can't follow a wolf" or something...

Oh since I can quote PMs, I can give you this too:

Quote:
You are Van Helsing. Each day, you may pick one player to "shadow." If the player is attacked by wolves, you will chase the wolves off. If the player is a wolf, there is a possibility you will discover his identity.

Please note there is a second paragraph to this that I refuse to share, as it goes into some of the mechanics of my role, and that doesn't need to get out right now.

But what happened with Chief rum doesn't mesh with what i feel would happen if he was a wolf per my PM. I still think it was some third party.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:28 PM   #704
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, I really didn't want to reveal this as I feel its too early in the game. However with votes moving, I feel that it would be irresponsible of me to not reveal with enough time for people to get votes off of me. With Tanglewood stating he would vote for me, it looks likely that I am the marked person for tonight without this reveal.

I am Van Helsing. I get to protect someone every night. I am not going into any more detail about what I can and can't do as now obviously I have to play a game of chess with the wolves for the rest of the game.

Night 1: I tried to protect Chief Rum. I didn't get any information at all whatsoever as the rest of what happened is exactly as I said previously. I woke up remembering none of the previous evening. The reason I decided to reveal that part was my fear that if someone good did something to me, the lack of my mentioning it might be more suspicious than mentioning it. I honestly never considered any "slow conversion" Until Kwhit brought it up. The only thing that popped into my mind then and still I believe is true is either: A) Chief RUm did something or has some ability for me to not be able to protect him/guard him/watch him. B) Someone else used some form of inhibition on me.

Night 2: I won't say who I protected, but i will say what I saw. I don't want that person to come out and confirm things in any way at all. I saw PlayerX basically steal a handkerchief from Cartman (or maybe it was cartman's room. The PM wasn't very specific about it). PlayerX returned to their room and the light was on all night but no one ever came to visit them. My take on this is that PlayerX is the Good scientist, and I feel that due to this Cartman likely turned up as good (or at least not a wolf).

I've been trying to ride the fine line of not getting lynched for a while, but I in good conscience can not let myself be lynched for the sake of the village, so must reveal earlier than I wanted to. For a while today, I felt the momentum had turned and I could ride things out and not have to reveal. I no longer feel that way. There are 50 minutes left and plenty of you here. So there is plenty of time for you all to save me.

Do NOT vote for me.

Oh great. This is going to bite me in the ass.

UNVOTE ALAN T

VOTE RENDER
Old 07-29-2007, 08:29 PM   #705
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post

I HUMBLY SUGGEST THAT PEOPLE DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO VOTE UNLESS YOU'RE A WOLF. IT'S JUST TOO RISKY WITH THE VOTE SO CLOSE AND WE NEED A LYNCH TONIGHT!

I just read this, and I will probably be voting within the next 15 minutes, but its because I got in at 8 today from umpiring... I haven't even taken a shower or eaten dinner yet, I jumped on the computer first.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:29 PM   #706
st.cronin
General Manager

4 - Neon_Chaos - Antmeister (589), Barkeep49 (596), DaddyTorgo (604), KWhit (610)
3 - Alan T - Gonzo (474), Neon_Chaos (512), RendeR (540)
3 - Barkeep49 - Dodgerchick (531), Telle (557), cartman (681)
2 - tanglewood - Alan T (673), path12 (687)
1 - RendeR - Chief Rum (574)

This is what I currently have - have I missed anything?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:29 PM   #707
RendeR
Coordinator

UNVOTE ALAN T

I will filet you from sinus to anus if you are making a wolfly play here.....
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:29 PM   #708
path12
Coordinator

I don't know. "There is a possibility you will discover his identity" sounds kind of like what happened to you.

Someone needs to scan Chief.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:30 PM   #709
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Someone correct me if Im wrong, I have this for the current vote count:

2 - Alan T - Gonzo (474), RendeR (540)
4 - Neon_Chaos - Antmeister (589), Barkeep (596), DaddyTorgo (604), kwhit (610)
2 - RendeR - Chief Rum (574), Neon_Chaos (704)
3 - Barkeep49 - Dodgerchick (531), Telle (557), Cartman (681)
3 - Tanglewood - Jhandley (582), Alan (673), path (687)
Old 07-29-2007, 08:30 PM   #710
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
So funny in light of recent events.

So Alan: Did you, or did you not, receive the PM you claimed?

Also, I don't blame you for your reveal, but do think you'd have been spared.

If someone voted to tie it with NC I would have voted for Alan, so unless another candidate was brought up to vote then likely he was going down unless he revealed. Which means that the situation is regrettably grim, but better than the alternative.

Alan, can you protect yourself?
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:30 PM   #711
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
The way I currently see it is that Neon Chaos was possibly a wolf and there was a last minute barrage to turn the vote elsewhere. I am glad that AlanT illustrated all the votes that came within that short window of time, because I am becoming really suspicious.

Vote Neon Chaos.

Damn it, he has to at least be a mad scientist.

I REALLY dont like this vote. It is a vote for somebody who isn't even in the mix... and it seems the bandwagon for Neon disbanded last night. This vote just doesn't seem right to me at all.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:30 PM   #712
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Oh great. This is going to bite me in the ass.

UNVOTE ALAN T

VOTE RENDER

It certainly may, if it gets close to a lynch of me I'll toss you on the pyre myself.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:32 PM   #713
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

UNVOTE RENDER

VOTE TANGLEWOOD
Old 07-29-2007, 08:32 PM   #714
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood View Post
If someone voted to tie it with NC I would have voted for Alan, so unless another candidate was brought up to vote then likely he was going down unless he revealed. Which means that the situation is regrettably grim, but better than the alternative.

What a rediculous question to ask. Would you like me to tell you where I will be and when so you can completely avoid me tonight?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:32 PM   #715
path12
Coordinator

Cronin, you've got 15 people in thread on a Sunday evening. Nicely done. I think it's the 24 hour mechanic.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:32 PM   #716
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
I'm pretty convinced that Barkeep's no wolf. Look who voted for him and you'll agree.

At this time all I see who voted for him are Dodgerchick and Telle.

Do you have something against women?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:33 PM   #717
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

alan stated he wouldn't reveal the mechanics of his role, as it's his only hope of staying alive. Only a wolf would ask a question like that!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:33 PM   #718
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Well, I just saw the vote-count. I forgot that everyone jumped off your ship. Doh.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:34 PM   #719
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

UNVOTE NEON CHAOS

VOTE TANGLEWOOD
Old 07-29-2007, 08:34 PM   #720
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I'll let AlanT live for one more night if it means letting the Van Helsing character live. So I guess my ass is on the line now, isn't it?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:35 PM   #721
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

You better be Van Helsing ALANT.

Old 07-29-2007, 08:35 PM   #722
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Well, I really didn't want to reveal this as I feel its too early in the game. However with votes moving, I feel that it would be irresponsible of me to not reveal with enough time for people to get votes off of me. With Tanglewood stating he would vote for me, it looks likely that I am the marked person for tonight without this reveal.

I am Van Helsing. I get to protect someone every night. I am not going into any more detail about what I can and can't do as now obviously I have to play a game of chess with the wolves for the rest of the game.

Night 1: I tried to protect Chief Rum. I didn't get any information at all whatsoever as the rest of what happened is exactly as I said previously. I woke up remembering none of the previous evening. The reason I decided to reveal that part was my fear that if someone good did something to me, the lack of my mentioning it might be more suspicious than mentioning it. I honestly never considered any "slow conversion" Until Kwhit brought it up. The only thing that popped into my mind then and still I believe is true is either: A) Chief RUm did something or has some ability for me to not be able to protect him/guard him/watch him. B) Someone else used some form of inhibition on me.

Night 2: I won't say who I protected, but i will say what I saw. I don't want that person to come out and confirm things in any way at all. I saw PlayerX basically steal a handkerchief from Cartman (or maybe it was cartman's room. The PM wasn't very specific about it). PlayerX returned to their room and the light was on all night but no one ever came to visit them. My take on this is that PlayerX is the Good scientist, and I feel that due to this Cartman likely turned up as good (or at least not a wolf).

I've been trying to ride the fine line of not getting lynched for a while, but I in good conscience can not let myself be lynched for the sake of the village, so must reveal earlier than I wanted to. For a while today, I felt the momentum had turned and I could ride things out and not have to reveal. I no longer feel that way. There are 50 minutes left and plenty of you here. So there is plenty of time for you all to save me.

Do NOT vote for me.

WOW WOW WOW.... I hate seeing this so early in the game.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:36 PM   #723
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

actually Neon...it's swung dramatically towards tangle at this point
Old 07-29-2007, 08:36 PM   #724
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
What a rediculous question to ask. Would you like me to tell you where I will be and when so you can completely avoid me tonight?

I didn't say will you protect yourslef, only can you protect yourself. You respond saying, "Yes I can" and then the wolves have to think.

Well if I go down tonight it will bring an end seeimingly the most inept performance of my WW career to date, so at least that's a positive.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:37 PM   #725
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
actually Neon...it's swung dramatically towards tangle at this point

Just a one vote difference right now, isn't it? And I don't think Tangle's voted?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:37 PM   #726
KWhit
Coordinator

I think we should spare AlanT tonight. If he's a wolf, he'll be left alive tomorrow. If he's truly Van Helsing, I'm sure the wolves will go after him tonight.

Now, that theory may not hold if there's a secret bodyguard role out there that could protect him, but I think we have to give Alan the benefit of the doubt tonight.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:37 PM   #727
RendeR
Coordinator

I'm seriously torn....I have two poeple in mind to vote for now. I'm giving Alan a pass for the reveal but so help me he better BE Van Helsing......

Anyone got an updated vote count? (ANyone quick enough to keep up with our obnoxious vote jumping?)
Old 07-29-2007, 08:37 PM   #728
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I would love to make a shift to CR. To me the black-out is entirely consistent with the idea that Van Helsing MAY discover that person he is following is a wolf. I'll suggest CR is a wolf, Alan failed his dice check and thus blacked out rather than making the mutual discovery. So, with 20 minutes to go, I'll try and get us started down that path, though my head remains on the block.

UNVOTE NEON
VOTE CHIEF RUM
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:38 PM   #729
Schmidty
Coordinator

I've been busy all day, and haven't had a chance to read this thread at all. I'm not going to have time to catch up on the whole thing before the vote, so I'm just going to have to do a quick skim and vote.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:38 PM   #730
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Well if I go down tonight it will bring an end seeimingly the most inept performance of my WW career to date, so at least that's a positive.

If it helps, I feel the same way most games.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:38 PM   #731
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Tangle is the leader, I believe, with 5 at the moment.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:38 PM   #732
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Vote Tanglewood

This one seems kind of obvious now. I hate that Alant revealed himself this early. And Alant, I wish you would have remembered I was voting tonight and I was not going to vote for you...
Old 07-29-2007, 08:39 PM   #733
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I would love a post count
Old 07-29-2007, 08:40 PM   #734
JHandley
High School Varsity

I'm not at home. Speed reading to catch up, can someone give me an updated vote count?
JHandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:40 PM   #735
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I would love to make a shift to CR. To me the black-out is entirely consistent with the idea that Van Helsing MAY discover that person he is following is a wolf. I'll suggest CR is a wolf, Alan failed his dice check and thus blacked out rather than making the mutual discovery. So, with 20 minutes to go, I'll try and get us started down that path, though my head remains on the block.

UNVOTE NEON
VOTE CHIEF RUM

I'm willing to go there if anyone else is. Keeping my vote where it is for now though until we get a sense of that.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:40 PM   #736
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I think we should spare AlanT tonight. If he's a wolf, he'll be left alive tomorrow. If he's truly Van Helsing, I'm sure the wolves will go after him tonight.

Now, that theory may not hold if there's a secret bodyguard role out there that could protect him, but I think we have to give Alan the benefit of the doubt tonight.

Well.. I am the bodyguard role...
Old 07-29-2007, 08:42 PM   #737
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Well.. I am the bodyguard role...

Yeah, I know. I meant that if there is another secret role that could help you tonight.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:42 PM   #738
Gonzo
Mascot

Why are we voting for Tanglewood? Genuine question.
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:42 PM   #739
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Cronin! Where is my vote count?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:42 PM   #740
KWhit
Coordinator

Vote count?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:42 PM   #741
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Vote Tanglewood

This one seems kind of obvious now. I hate that Alant revealed himself this early. And Alant, I wish you would have remembered I was voting tonight and I was not going to vote for you...

if everyone did as they said they would, your vote would have tied it up if thats the case. Not really something i could or wanted to count on
Old 07-29-2007, 08:43 PM   #742
KWhit
Coordinator

This has the feel of another clusterfuck tie in the making with all the wild vote switches.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:43 PM   #743
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Funky vote end of yesterday, some questionable posts.

That is the condensed version.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:43 PM   #744
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Because he voted, at the last moment and with basically no explanation, for alan yesterday when we had a tie vote.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:44 PM   #745
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I have this:

1 - Alan T - Gonzo (474)
2 - Neon_Chaos - Antmeister (589), kwhit (610)
1 - RendeR - Chief Rum (574)
3 - Barkeep49 - Dodgerchick (531), Telle (557), Cartman (681)
6 - Tanglewood - Jhandley (582), Alan (673), path (687), Neon_Chaos (713), daddytorgo (719), Lonestargirl (732)
1 - Chief Rum - Barkeep (728)
Old 07-29-2007, 08:44 PM   #746
Schmidty
Coordinator

Can anyone give me a quick reason for all of the late votes on tanglewood? I need to vote soon, but I don't want to just pick someone at random, since I haven't been here at all today.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:44 PM   #747
Gonzo
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Funky vote end of yesterday, some questionable posts.

That is the condensed version.

Can't argue with that.
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:45 PM   #748
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Can we PLEASE get a vote count KWhit/Alan? There doesn't seem to be much momentum for my CR theory, which I really like at this point. I will point out that Alan's expanded PM does not preclude the conversion, but I consider that less likely at this moment all things considered.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:45 PM   #749
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

I would be more than willing to switch to Chief if it would save me.

I will however not move to save myself if it would cause a tie. The village needs a lynch, any lynch, and I want the people who vote for me to be looked at. So if comes down to a close one I won't save my bacon.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:45 PM   #750
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

If Gonzo doesn't take his vote off Alant in about 15 minutes he is going to be my target tomorrow.