Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-18-2007, 11:57 PM   #701
MrBug708
Head Coach

Do you have to watch the game if you aren't playing in CL mode? I find it boring if I'm not playing so does it sim the game and cut in if you play?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:04 AM   #702
BYU 14
Coordinator

Finally started getting into it tonight with a BYU Dynasty. Have played three games with sliders all on default (except INT) and am very happy. Got upset by Kent State at home 24-23 my first game as they totally shut my run game down and I had 6 turnovers (4 ints on bad reads) Hightlight was the first Kickoff I have returned for a TD in two years on NCAA.

Game 2 went to ASU and upset them 35-17 in a driving rain (Monsoon Season) only 2 TO though and a much more productive running. got my first commit before this game as well as recruiting is really fun to me....You have to put thought into it but it still doesn't bog you down.

Game 3 Went to Tulsa and jumped to a 27-0 Lead, then hung on for a 34-28 win, both this and the Kent game became ESPN instant classics and my running game finally looks potent with 2 runs over 20 yards finally. Have my first recruits coming for a visit next week with Air Force in town and looking forward to seeing how the activities planning works.

I have to say EA really out did themselves so far...also playing on a PS 3 and while the graphics are not as smooth as the 360, they still look damn good and I have suffered no lag in gameplay.....The pre-release hype made it sound like the PS 3 version would just suck and thankfully there are no problems that give me any heartburn....great game.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:21 AM   #703
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Started up CL tonight on my 360, made myself a power running back, on my 3rd play I got a big gain, it took a snapshot of my run, put it on the screen, and the game froze. Whee.

Yeah, the game froze on me twice last night (one totally froze the system). Both times it was related to doing snapshots and the like. It also froze on my buddy's system (we were chatting and he just dropped). Hopefully this doesn't continually occur, as it would suck a lot. Mine froze in CL mode after seeing my first action ever and converting a 3rd down which led to the winning score. Very sad...
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:30 AM   #704
Phototropic
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Do you have to watch the game if you aren't playing in CL mode? I find it boring if I'm not playing so does it sim the game and cut in if you play?
You can sim or watch the plays.
Phototropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:02 AM   #705
Izulde
Head Coach

Anyone else having problems with trying to save videos or pictures on the 360 version? I could only get one game's highlights to save and a buddy of mine said he can't get anything to save, period.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:11 AM   #706
sabotai
General Manager

I had the game give me an error when I tried saving videos, but I turned my 360 off and back on and it saved fine after that.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:16 AM   #707
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

My campus Legend was a RB from Alabama. Won the state championship and was a 5 star recruit. I signed with Alabama. Week 1 we played a D2 school and won 100-7 (8 min quarters). I need to lower the quarters down to 7 for this mode but that's another story (hardly no time ever comes off the play clock).

I was a 2nd stringer for this game and got into the game when the starter went down in the 1st quarter (out for 3 weeks). I ended up with 30 carries for 380 yards and 7 TDs. I set school rushing and scoring records as a true freshman in my first ever game.

2nd game of the year, at Vandy, we won and I had 117 rushing and 150 receiving with 2 scores through the air (one 59 yarder).

After week 1 I was already named the starting RB based on my practice performance.

Looking forward to the PS3 rosters!
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:58 AM   #708
Bee
Pro Starter

I had to take it down to 5 minute quarters in CL mode to get realistic results.

I'm still not getting very many penalties other than clipping and that's with everything maxed. I also am seeing lots of interceptions, but I think that's me playing QB and not necessarily the game. The interceptions against opposing QBs haven't been too bad.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:35 AM   #709
rowech
Pro Starter

Okay...after another game, I do have one knock. The sound and "college atmosphere" could be better. I think that's the one place the game might be lacking a little something.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:33 AM   #710
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Okay...after another game, I do have one knock. The sound and "college atmosphere" could be better. I think that's the one place the game might be lacking a little something.

Yeah, that was my only real complaint about the game. However, the gameplay easily makes up for that weakness.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:51 AM   #711
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Noticed Bill Abner is already finding AI issues only two days after release. Anyone else having similar problems?

http://sportsgamer.blogspot.com/2007...s-so-hard.html
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:58 AM   #712
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
I had to take it down to 5 minute quarters in CL mode to get realistic results.

I'm still not getting very many penalties other than clipping and that's with everything maxed. I also am seeing lots of interceptions, but I think that's me playing QB and not necessarily the game. The interceptions against opposing QBs haven't been too bad.

I've seen the same problem in CL when I'm the running back. Maybe it's just Penn State's QB, but I've seen him throw four to five interceptions per game. There's nothing more maddening than when the coach keeps calling freaking pass plays when I'm dominating my man/

I've been playing on AA mode and have CPU interceptions set to zero and knockdowns set to 100. I think the next move is to knock down AI defensive awareness down a bit. Hopefully that will turn down the interceptions.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:15 AM   #713
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Noticed Bill Abner is already finding AI issues only two days after release. Anyone else having similar problems?

I haven't played that many games, yet. However, when I was beating the CPU by 7 with 35 seconds left, it threw intermediate to deep passes including a Hail Mary from the 50 with 2 seconds left.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:22 AM   #714
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:

I remember somebody doing that last year and it going for a touchdown. Can't remember the team though.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:24 AM   #715
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I haven't played that many games, yet. However, when I was beating the CPU by 7 with 35 seconds left, it threw intermediate to deep passes including a Hail Mary from the 50 with 2 seconds left.

I've had a couple games so far come down to the final play and both times the AI called a long pass or hail mary.

Last edited by Bee : 07-19-2007 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:25 AM   #716
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Also meant to mention, I've seen the AI go into a prevent defense when I had the ball on my own 20 and had only 20 seconds left to score. I don't remember the AI doing that last year and it made it very difficult to get any big chunks of yard.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:26 AM   #717
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Even on the 2007 version? I don't know what I'm doing, I just started it up and once I got to an actual game, it was just like playing in dynasty mode - I controlled everyone.

Sorry, I thought you were talking 08 verison.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:28 AM   #718
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Sorry, I thought you were talking 08 verison.

Controlling one player appears to be only in the next gen Campus Legend mode from impressions I've been reading. It seems current gen didn't do much to update that mode from previous years.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:37 AM   #719
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Also meant to mention, I've seen the AI go into a prevent defense when I had the ball on my own 20 and had only 20 seconds left to score. I don't remember the AI doing that last year and it made it very difficult to get any big chunks of yard.

I've seen that too.

While the AI isn't the greatest in the world, so far I haven't seen anything that makes me crazy. I have seen a couple cool things though. My team has a stud HB and the coach runs the ball a lot. When he went down with an injury in the first half of the last game, the backup came in and was a noticeable downgrade. We began throwing the ball a LOT more than normal. It was also cool to see the defense adjust to our adjustment. They had been stacking a lot of men on the scrimmage, but by the third quarter they were playing off the line a lot more.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:42 AM   #720
Richard Weed
H.S. Freshman Team

Fairdale King's Xbox 360 rosters are out. Pretty nice: http://www.yourcampusconnections.com/ncaa08/
Old 07-19-2007, 08:44 AM   #721
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
In dynasty mode, is there a way on offense to just call plays and not have to control the QB on passing plays? On the legacy Xbox, you'd simply hike the ball and if you didn't do anything, the CPU would take over. On the 360, the QB will automatically drop back or rollout, but never throws a pass.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:49 AM   #722
Richard Weed
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
In dynasty mode, is there a way on offense to just call plays and not have to control the QB on passing plays? On the legacy Xbox, you'd simply hike the ball and if you didn't do anything, the CPU would take over. On the 360, the QB will automatically drop back or rollout, but never throws a pass.
Wow. I didn't think that would happen. I know the RBs and Defense will play automatically. I just assumed that the QB would as well.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:54 AM   #723
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've seen that too.

While the AI isn't the greatest in the world, so far I haven't seen anything that makes me crazy. I have seen a couple cool things though. My team has a stud HB and the coach runs the ball a lot. When he went down with an injury in the first half of the last game, the backup came in and was a noticeable downgrade. We began throwing the ball a LOT more than normal. It was also cool to see the defense adjust to our adjustment. They had been stacking a lot of men on the scrimmage, but by the third quarter they were playing off the line a lot more.

I've seen that, too. Also, one other huge improvement: If you are running it well and they are stacking the line. If you audible out of a run into a pass play from the same formation, the defense doesn't magically re-align to anticipate a pass. That is a huge improvement from previous years.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:55 AM   #724
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post

No, there is no coach mode in the next gen versions. The QB will just stand there after doing an auto drop back. The auto drop back is very helpful to my passing game, at least.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-19-2007 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:27 AM   #725
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
No, there is no coach mode in the next gen versions. The QB will just stand there after doing an auto drop back. The auto drop back is very helpful to my passing game, at least.

That's the first thing I've heard that really bothers me. After playing my CL career, I was going to start up a dynasty game as coach only.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:44 AM   #726
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

FYI......PS3 rosters now available for download. Just download to a flash drive and then stick it in the PS3 USB port to load.

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/index....ters&Itemid=41

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 07-19-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:57 AM   #727
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Quote:
FYI......PS3 rosters now available for download. Just download to a flash drive and then stick it in the PS3 USB port to load.

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/index....ters&Itemid=41

It seems as though they are still working on them. There is no link and it says they expect a late July/early August release.
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:17 AM   #728
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
It seems as though they are still working on them. There is no link and it says they expect a late July/early August release.

Ah, the PS2 is done, not PS3. Good catch. I doubt it will take too long to convert the PS2 version to a PS3 file as they are similar. Just have to keep an eye on the site.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:21 AM   #729
Bee
Pro Starter

You have to like how easy is it to load user created rosters for the PS3 vs the 360.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:48 AM   #730
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Okay...someone apparently has to teach me how to use the Sprint button.

Frequently, I'll be holding the button down, or press it for the first time (like when I take a handoff) and the player will stutter momentarily. It could be a stutter by my RB as soon as he gets it, or if I'm holding the button down chasing a ball carrier, it could happen in the middle of the pursuit. The player's motion is similar to a juke. I have no idea why this is happening...I'm definitely not hitting any other buttons at the same time.

Has anyone else experienced this? I saved some highlights of this happening but I'm having trouble getting them uploaded. I'll edit when I can do it with some videos to show what I'm talking about.

Figured it made more sense to quote as opposed to edit, with it being a page or so later.

Couldn't figure out how to link to individual videos, but if you go here http://www.easportsworld.com/#video-990/HOME/565 you'll see two highlights from my RU-VT game where I experienced the problem. Unfortunately my video with my RB stuttering couldn't get uploaded. Anyway, in the first highlight, I was controlling Kevin Malast, LB #34, and pressing sprint well before the stuttering occurred (btw, don't ask me how I missed that sack). In the 2nd video, Kenny Britt was running down the sideline and then veered out of bounds while I was pressing the sprint button, again pressing it before it happened. The randomness is what I can't figure out.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:57 AM   #731
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Logan, that stutter move makes it look like you're using the right thumbstick or something. Are you sure you're not touching the thumbstick at all while you try to sprint?
Old 07-19-2007, 11:08 AM   #732
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I am really trying to hold off purchasing NCAA 08 but you guys are really making it hard to. I just have to keep thinking Madden comes out in a few weeks and I've already put a down payment on it...

How many are getting both Madden and NCAA this year?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:09 AM   #733
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You have to like how easy is it to load user created rosters for the PS3 vs the 360.

As a 360 user, no, no I don't.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:10 AM   #734
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
I am really trying to hold off purchasing NCAA 08 but you guys are really making it hard to. I just have to keep thinking Madden comes out in a few weeks and I've already put a down payment on it...

I am getting both. The games share the same engine with slight differences and since NCAA is so good, I feel hopeful that Madden will finally be enjoyable again.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:14 AM   #735
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

I thought the 360 had a USB port, no???
Old 07-19-2007, 11:21 AM   #736
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

It has several USB ports.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:38 AM   #737
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:

Yep, but you can't use a flash drive to transfer the rosters.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:54 AM   #738
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post

If Madden ends up being as good as NCAA, I'll get both.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:11 PM   #739
Travis
Pro Rookie

Ah, gotta love it. Go to Michigan as their #3 guy, get my first carry in scrub time at the end of the first game of the season. First carry, fantastic as it's a 2 yard TD run. Second run, minus 1 yard along with a lost fumble.

4 weeks later I finally work my way up to the 2nd string, starter goes down in the second quarter and I get to crack the 100 yard mark and get to forget about that first game. Fantastic game thus far, kept me up way too late last night.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:17 PM   #740
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Ah, gotta love it. Go to Michigan as their #3 guy, get my first carry in scrub time at the end of the first game of the season. First carry, fantastic as it's a 2 yard TD run. Second run, minus 1 yard along with a lost fumble.

4 weeks later I finally work my way up to the 2nd string, starter goes down in the second quarter and I get to crack the 100 yard mark and get to forget about that first game. Fantastic game thus far, kept me up way too late last night.

You, me and a couple of other people have all had the person in front of them on the depth chart get injured. Feature/bug?
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:44 PM   #741
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Logan, that stutter move makes it look like you're using the right thumbstick or something. Are you sure you're not touching the thumbstick at all while you try to sprint?

Unless I'm somehow doing it subconsciously. Usually my finger is hovering over the A button (from being used to pressing that for speed...which has hurt me at times when I accidentally stiff arm and end up fumbling), so I don't think that's the case either.

If no one else is seeing it, I'll chalk it up to it being something on my end. Although I talked to a buddy who has said it happened to him once on defense, but not on offense.

Maybe I'll set up a video camera fixed on my hands to see what the hell is going on .
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:47 PM   #742
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post
You, me and a couple of other people have all had the person in front of them on the depth chart get injured. Feature/bug?

I'm the 5th string RB at Georgia Tech, 5 weeks into my freshman year I have yet to see the field. I've almost worked my way up to 4th string though, we'll see how that goes.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:22 PM   #743
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Unless I'm somehow doing it subconsciously. .

I wonder if there is some sort of calibration problem with your controller. When I played NCAA 2006, I think it was, on the XBox, sometimes my defender would go into the "hit stick" animation when I didn't touch the analog stick. Usually moving the right analog stick in a circular motion a few times fixed it (I guess it "recentered" it somehow).

It was strange because it would only happen with NCAA, not any other game, but it was apparently my controller.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:27 PM   #744
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

I've been able to move up to #3 on the USC running back depth chart just before the Nebraska game. Hopefully I'll be able to see some game time
Old 07-19-2007, 01:29 PM   #745
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I constantly have a problem with 2007 when I first fire up the game - whatever player I am usually drifts to the right until I either shake him out of it, pause/resume multiple times to stop it, or it ends on its own. Happens with either controller, only when I go directly into playing a game when I first start the PS2 up, and doesn't happen with any other games.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:43 PM   #746
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I'm the 5th string RB at Georgia Tech, 5 weeks into my freshman year I have yet to see the field. I've almost worked my way up to 4th string though, we'll see how that goes.

ditto, 5th string at Miami. my RB still hasn't seen action in the 2 games i played, so i've simmed the last 3 games and with me being 30 something points away from being 4th string i'll go back to playing the actual games to see if the coach will let me block on special teams or something. i'm not complaining about the lack of PT, but i just think if a guy is gonna be on a team he should at least make special teams appearances. i guess this is just realism, so right now i'm just enjoying "the early years" and i'll wait for my chance to be the starter. coming from such humble beginnings will make the later glory years all the more special. when my guy wins the Heisman i'll look back and say "i remember when i couldn't even get on the field as a 5th stringer".
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:47 PM   #747
Anthony
Banned

btw, i'm not likely to keep this game when Madden comes out. i don't need two games based on the same sport. might be cool to use NCAA to create the rookies for my Madden dynasty, but traditionally i've always used NCAA to get my football gaming early and would simply trade it in to get Madden at a discount. i'm only doing CL but it's still the most fun i've had in video game football in many years. very well done and i still haven't even played an actual game yet, i've just been doing CL.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:50 PM   #748
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
btw, i'm not likely to keep this game when Madden comes out. i don't need two games based on the same sport.

This is why I always buy the NCAA game used a couple of weeks after Madden comes out. I have a few weeks to figure out if the NCAA game is any good and I can get it at the cheaper price.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:53 PM   #749
Bee
Pro Starter

I was actually a little worried that it was too easy to become the starter but it doesn't sound like that's the case. In my game, I went to Arkansas as the 2nd string QB and after the very first practice I was named the starter and haven't looked back.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:54 PM   #750
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
btw, i'm not likely to keep this game when Madden comes out. i don't need two games based on the same sport. might be cool to use NCAA to create the rookies for my Madden dynasty, but traditionally i've always used NCAA to get my football gaming early and would simply trade it in to get Madden at a discount. i'm only doing CL but it's still the most fun i've had in video game football in many years. very well done and i still haven't even played an actual game yet, i've just been doing CL.

See - that is exactly what I would probably do when Madden comes out. I know I wouldn't play both but Gamespot will probably give a $20 credit towards when Madden come out. So I guess I have to realize is NCAA really worth $40 to play with for a month?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote