Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-20-2005, 10:22 AM   #701
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
yes for fictional players. it generates fictional names if you want to all position that are like hb #13, TE #32, etc

but no randomness for teams.

JB, where is this option?
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 10:25 AM   #702
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
JB, where is this option?

The random names option is under rosters. However, it only names players that you haven't named or at least that is what I've heard. Again, it's only the names that are random. Attributes are based off real life players.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 10:31 AM   #703
Raiders Army
Coordinator

this game rawks.

I haven't been doing too well with Army, but hey there's always next year.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:48 AM   #704
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Anyone run into any superstar little people linebackers? See this thread for some funny stuff: hxxp://forums.operationsports.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=133176. Some of the video is too amusing. How these things get by testers is beyond me.

Last edited by Ajaxab : 07-20-2005 at 06:54 PM.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 05:04 PM   #705
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I'm still working on the AA Special Teams sliders, does everyone agree with the following for punt distance??

It is best to select the highest rated punter for KPW and run a 10 punt average, goal of a 50-55 yard average. Then selecting the lowest rated punter for KPW and run a 10 punt average, hoping for a 35-40 yard average with the same setting.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 05:19 PM   #706
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog
I'm still working on the AA Special Teams sliders, does everyone agree with the following for punt distance??

It is best to select the highest rated punter for KPW and run a 10 punt average, goal of a 50-55 yard average. Then selecting the lowest rated punter for KPW and run a 10 punt average, hoping for a 35-40 yard average with the same setting.

I think 50-55 yards is a bit long for the average. I think the top punter averaged about 47-48 yards per punt.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:33 PM   #707
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296
I think 50-55 yards is a bit long for the average. I think the top punter averaged about 47-48 yards per punt.

Yeah, you are right. Fields from Mich St averaged 47.9 per punt, I was thinking it was 49.9
Old 07-20-2005, 05:47 PM   #708
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
The random names option is under rosters. However, it only names players that you haven't named or at least that is what I've heard. Again, it's only the names that are random. Attributes are based off real life players.

Thanks. That's all I want really. I typically like to create-a-school and then progress from their, saving my classes for future Madden drafts. To do that, however, I always "simmed" through the first few seasons to get rid of all the HB #13 and QB #15.

I just found out Lady H_B is heading to New York tomorrow and wont be back until Saturday afternoon... I may just have to run out at lunch tomorrow and pick this up!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:12 PM   #709
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Honolulu_Blue

your going to love this game. very fun.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:49 PM   #710
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Ok, here is what I have come up with. Quite a bit different than Jistic's.

Human
FG Length: 40%
FG Accuracy: 0%

I took Crosby from Colorado who hit quite a few 50+ FGs and a 60 yard FG last and was able to hit FGs up to 57-yards, I'm factoring in the Mile High factor here. With the Accuracy at 0% you have to miss pretty bad to miss a FG, anything higher than 0% and I don't miss.

Punt Length: 25%
Punt Accuracy: 0%

See above with FG Accuracy for Punt Accuracy, on AA you have to be pretty bad to mess up a punt. As for the Punt Length, I took Fields (made him a 99 for KPW) and he averaged right around 50 yards per punt. I know that is slightly high but I factored in the fact that once you do some angle punts that average is going to drop and there was no wind. The lowest rated KPW punter was Prather from SJ State, he averaged right 39.3 yards per punt and I factored in the same things as Fields. Feel free to lower if you want.

Kickoff Length: 50%

Basically I took Crosby and kicked off to a point where almost everything went in the endzone and a few went through the endzone, good kickers in college can do this quite a bit.

CPU
FG Length: 35%
FG Accuracy: 15%

For FG Length I did the same thing as I did with Crosby for Human just with CPU, he could almost make a 60-yarder. For FG Accuracy I took the lowest rated KPA and he was 16/30 from 38-yards out, and the highest rated KPA was 27/30 from 38-yards out.

Punt Length: 40%
Punt Accuracy: 15%

Same as above with Human punters for Punt Length, and Punt Accuracy I just made the same as FG Accuracy because I don't really know how to test this. During the practice it seemed okay though.

Kickoff Length: 50%

Again Crosby kicked them routinely in the end zone, a few went through and a few came up just short.

Special Teams Code: 0T5ro5I2

Pretty sure that is a ZERO and a Capital i between 5 and 2.

Feel free to tweak and comment, I think they are pretty good.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:12 PM   #711
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Just had my best game to date, using Jistc's Ver. 3 sliders.

Got beat by Texas 34-28, as Texas A&M. They managed to miss an XP, two false starts moved them back so I didn't think it was unrealistic at all. They got me with one bomb, a 44-yard pass to Sweed but it was believable and they couldn't connect on their other three attempts to him. I lost the game mostly because of a Reggie McNeil interception that was returned for a touchdown late in the third but I was down 20-7 at one point before rallying.

I question Texas's playcalling late in the game when they were up by 6 with 2:00 to play they called three consecutive pass plays, only to convert the first down on the third. Still a good game, the first I have played since the Nebraska air show I witnessed last weekend.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:13 PM   #712
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Dola - Both punters average around 38-39 yards per punt, but there was a 10-15 mph wind so that have had something to do with it being so low.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:44 PM   #713
moriarty
College Starter

I just saw another doozy. The opposing team sky punted, and ran down to the endzone. Their coverage team (while standing in the end zone) jumped and tipped the ball back to the one yard line and downed it.

Now call me crazy, but once they touch the endzone, it should be a touchback (they didn't leap from the one yard line or something).
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 09:42 PM   #714
Flasch186
Coordinator

i see a lot of presentation bugs and commentary bugs. For me, so far, the gameplay is subpar, in that many time it looks like the players are on ice skates.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 09:47 PM   #715
jbmagic
Pro Starter

for the guys that play NCAA 2004

what do you like better NCAA 2004 or NCAA 2006 since it been out?
Old 07-20-2005, 10:14 PM   #716
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I like 2006 better, but I played 2004 a great deal. This game needs to keep me coming back to it for another month or two before I definitively declare it better than 2004.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 10:19 PM   #717
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Hard for me to tell at this point. 2004 is the game I played the most. If I can't find sliders that will improve the defense on both sides of the ball for me, I may give up on 2006. I do, however, think that I will find sliders that make me happy with the game.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 10:23 PM   #718
mrsimperless
College Prospect

I've seen more bugs already in 2006 than I ever saw playing 2005.

- Got called for interfering with a fair catch after catching the punt on our opponents' 2 yard line. I watched the replay over and over and never touched anybody.

- I always use the coach cam with play diagrams before the ball is snapped. Sometimes on defense (seen it about 10 times so far) the zones get all messed up. It shows me having a zone assignment on the OFFENSIVE side of the ball. (Play seems to run normally after the ball is snapped, so this isn't a huge one)

- It looks like every single starting OL on my team will be an all-american, even after I turned the run blocking down to 30% after my 3rd game. How did THIS one make it through QA??? Did even ONE tester play through a whole season???

- Sometimes handoffs don't work. (Seen this three times) The QB will hold the ball out and the running back doesn't take it. The QB proceeds to stand there with the ball outstretched until he is tackled.

- I have tons of forced fumbles on kickoffs. One time I forced FOUR in a row using the hit stick. I now have a house rule that I can only control the kicker on kickoffs.

I'm sure there are more. This is one buggy SOB. Still fun, but buggy.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:41 PM   #719
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Man, I've been having a hard time with this game.

I played 2004 a bit...not religiously or anything, but I was comfortable enough to play at Heisman level (with sliders tweaked to my advantage) and win with regularity regardless of opponent. So, I figured I could jump right into 2006 at All-American and pick things up quickly enough. I was sorely mistaken, as I created a program and headed into my first game, which just happened to be against #13 Florida. 'Alright', I'm thinking 'this should be a pretty good challenge. Four 8 minute quarters later and Florida ekes out a narrow 77-0 victory. My second game gets roughly the same result, as it's against a lower ranked opponent, but the opposing team has an 'impact' Qb, and he just tears me apart.

The problem isn't too hard to pinpoint. When I created my school, I chose the 'Strong D' profile, which soudned harmless enough, and gave me a four star program. Unfortunately, the flip side of a four-star 'Strong D' program is that I have an offense that is not so strong. My offense carries an overall D rating, and pretty much everybody on the O side of the ball sucks eggs. I've got two players on O with an overall ranking over 75, and my starting QB was injured and game one leaving me with a 67 rated frosh running the show. Also, one of my lineman has a 58 rating. 58! Suffice it to say that it's an uphill battle for me to adjust to the 2006 passing game, since I'm fielding a junior high team.

So, all of those thing are making my NCAA life hell, but you know what REALLY sucks? As a 'Strong D' school I only have two impact players, the only two guys who carry an overall rating above 90. One of my impact players is a CB who is a beast and has saved my butt from super-double humiliation numerous times. My other impact player? MY KICKER!

So if you want to get yourself a challenge, try creating a school with the 'Strong D' profile. I'm sure, once I can actually acclimate to the kicking meter and the increased directional sensitivity in 2006, I might be able to start putting some points on the board, but right now an 'impact' kicker really isn't helping my game out that much. He does punt and kick the laces right off the ball, for whatever that's worth......and I punt a LOT.

That boy kick so good it makes your dick hard.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:55 PM   #720
Ironhead
College Prospect

I ended up going 3-8 in my second season at Kentucky. I lost my starting quarterback, running back and standout freshman wideout to injury for the last 4 or 5 games of the season.

I was more that sure I was going to get canned but it seems the Athletic Director has taken pity on me. I will get the third year on my contract but I imagine I am on a *very* short leash. I might even get fired if I don't win the season opener against Louisville.

Fun Stats about my Coaching Record in Two Seasons at Kentucky:
* Overall Record: 7-15
* Record versus Top 25 opponents: 0-11
* Record versus Rivals: 0-5

[Added Thursday at 1:12 AM]

Just checked out Louisville's roster for this season. It looks like they are in a bit of a rebuilding year. The Wildcats are going to take 'em down!

Last edited by Ironhead : 07-21-2005 at 12:13 AM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:55 PM   #721
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I'm sure you have heard of the bug where you can recruit someone who is 8 inches tall. Well someoen posted a video of it.

hxxp://www.depotboy.com/downloads/maestrosmoves.wmv

And the thread it came from

hxxp://www.maddenmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102168

illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 02:11 AM   #722
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I just dug back into my powerhouse of a dynasty.

I played about a half of a game and was down 49-10 to Ol' Miss who just hucked it deep all game, making me realize that an 'impact' corner is worth a glass of dog piss, since your CBs skills seem to have about a 5% effect on whether the long ball is completed or not.

"Screw this" I say to myself, "I'll just sim out the rest of the weeks, handle the in-season recruiting, and let the computer handle the game duties.", thinking that I can recruit myself a much better offense in the offseason, and begin my dyansty in earnest with a better balanced team.

Well, it was a nice idea, but even without my negligible 'skillz' weighing the team down we still barely manage to eke out a 2-9 record, and seem to have trouble getting above that magical 15 point ceiling. I guess my team just sucks. No matter, because recruiting is what I need to focus on to get this ship headed in the right direction.

My inseason recruiting didn't go so well....maybe I set my sights to high, but regardless of the reason I don't manage to sign a single recruit during the season. Well, I guess I'll have to mine for gold during the offseason, no sweat. Well, first I have to deal with my players who are leaving....HEY! My impact kicker is graduating! Sure I'd rather not be saddled with a kicker as my impact player, but ANY impact player is better than none. My wily ways don't seem to be enough to convince him that he doesn't want to graduate....can't I flunk him, or fake his eligibility or something? Apparently not. Not only does his departure leave me with a kicker with a rating of 56, but it leaves my depth chart completely empty at punter. Oh well, just another position...or two...that I'll have to add to my recruiting plans.

Hmmmm, my recruiting plans didn't take into accunt that I'd only get 48 points a week. I'm not sure if I can even phone home with that many points, let alone some kid a whole three states away. Oh well, I do the best I can, and try to focus entirely on interested prospects except for two longshots with more talent but decidedly less interest. I think I'm doing pretty well at balancing my prospects, and I've used every recruiting point given to me since week 1 of the season. Finally, week 5 of the recruiting season ends and I am left to bask in the fruits of my labor:

My entire recruiting class consists of ONE DUDE, a single star 'athlete'.

thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 07:44 AM   #723
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:

I personally like 2004 better at the moment. The entire gameplay just seemed more balanced (although the CPU didn't run as well/often in 2004).

I haven't been as high on the 2006 version as others here. 2004 probably had just as many warts, but I just don't recall them. My biggest complaint is that this series has been pretty much maxed out for a few years (minor additions like RFTH are the only 'big' changes), yet there are still SOOO many small goofy issues. Why oh why couldnt' they fix some of the game play problems that plagued earlier versions and (god forbid) not add new problems like crazy stats and other stupid stuff (raining inside a dome stadium, having 1st and 3 after an autotmatic first down penalty, etc...). I mean, dropped passes does appear to be fixed or improved, but at a cost of simmed QB ratings in the 200+?

It just smacks me as lazy programming/production. Once again, I swear I'll never buy another EA product ... yet I'lm sure I'll pre-order this again next year.

Last edited by moriarty : 07-21-2005 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:32 PM   #724
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I'm sure you have heard of the bug where you can recruit someone who is 8 inches tall. Well someoen posted a video of it.

hxxp://www.depotboy.com/downloads/maestrosmoves.wmv

And the thread it came from

hxxp://www.maddenmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102168

Holy crap, I just read a thread on this over at operations sports on the "maestro" complete with video and I just pissed my pants. Funniest thing I've ever seen ... this little 7 inch dude running around. They put him in at HB and all you could see is the ball running around b/c he's too short. Hillarious!
Old 07-21-2005, 03:41 PM   #725
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
Playmaker at operations sports improve his sliders for NCAA 2006.

give them a try, they are pretty good and has help to reduce pancakes too.

Here is his final AA level Sliders version

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...&postcount=533

Could you post the codes for those? Reg required...
Old 07-21-2005, 05:52 PM   #726
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:

Man, I tried playmaker's sliders (previous version) earlier and got crushed in the two games I played. Guess I suck too bad for these. I went back to Jistic's. But overall, looks like more people prefer these sliders over at OS.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:54 PM   #727
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I'm going to try these on varsity...
how do you know?

Old 07-21-2005, 06:31 PM   #728
Emiliano
College Prospect

Quote:

Hmm, very good. Thanks jb!!! I'm gonna try these in one of my games. They seem more "defensive", and the thing is interesting.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:34 PM   #729
Suicane75
Coordinator

Is it my eyes or is the aspect ratio different than 2004, Im having a hard time adjusting to the size of the field/players etc. Things look alot smaller.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:35 PM   #730
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emiliano
Hmm, very good. Thanks jb!!! I'm gonna try these in one of my games. They seem more "defensive", and the thing is interesting.

no problem

dont let the looks of the sliders fool you. it plays a great game. and as you can see playmaker says you can adjust them a little too. he explains it all above.

try it for at least 5 games against great teams, average teams and below average teams to get a feel for them.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:02 PM   #731
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I know these guys are trying to help, but I get a kick out of.. MIZZOURAH's REAL DEAL SLIDERS VERSION 1.2325.

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 08:08 PM   #732
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I know these guys are trying to help, but I get a kick out of.. MIZZOURAH's REAL DEAL SLIDERS VERSION 1.2325.

Me too

MIZZOURAH's REAL DEAL SLIDERS VERSION 1.2325 *FINAL*

10 minutes later....

MIZZOURAH's REAL DEAL SLIDERS VERSION 1.2428 *FINAL*

Last edited by Balldog : 07-21-2005 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:31 PM   #733
Suicane75
Coordinator

W00T! I just won an online 3-0 Overtime mode game. But the fucker ducked out after I won and i only got partial credit or some such crap.

Im currently online, XBL, if anyone wants to play. My tag is Suicane.

And for those who have played online before, how is the play generaly, I have no idea about the settings for online. If I choose Temple and my opponent chooses Florida State am I gonna get crushed?

Edit: After playing for a little bit longer The game seems alot more chaotic than 2004. The kick thing threw me for a loop, dont know if that changed in 05 but its different than 04 and really screwed me up as I missed my first FG attempt.

Last edited by Suicane75 : 07-21-2005 at 08:36 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:51 PM   #734
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Well, something tells me this season is going to be alot different than last. Last season my Clemson Tigers went 11-2, losing in the ACC championship, but winning our bowl game to finish 6th.

This season, out of our 22 starters, 9 of them are freshman and 5 are sophs. Our offensive line consists of 4 freshman and 1 senior. Hopefully he can help anchor the thing. We have 2 freshman DTs, another at OLB and CB. And lastly, our starting QB is a 5* true freshman. He runs a 4.41 40, and has a strong arm, but he's not very accurate.

We return last years ACC 1st team RB Jay Adams, but with this line he may struggle. We also talked last years Heisman winner, WR Brooks Moore into coming back, but I'm not sure we can get him the ball. We are REALLY going to miss our experienced OL and 95 rated QB Daniel Samuel. Lastly our #1 OLB Antonio McCormick, coming off a 22 sack season returns, but he's just a pass rusher. In order for our young D to be any good this season he must round his game out and become a complete player. Our 2 playmakers are WR Moore, our OLB McCormick.

Looking at the pre-season rankings the ACC appears to be very tough with #2 Miami, #4 Florida State, #9 Maryland, #17 Clemson, #19 Virginia Tech, and #25 NC State.

Unranked Georgia Tech looks to have one of the most explosive offenses in the nation, and North Carolina looks like they have the talent on offense to make another run in the ACC this year. They finished 2nd in the ACC Coastal, and were actually undefeated deep into last season.

We also host last years national championship game loser Louisville, and they are stacked at every position. 6-5 would probably be good for us this year.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:30 PM   #735
Suicane75
Coordinator

Hey guys, I must have started my dynasty with contracts off. Will I be able to move around at will or am I stuck at Villanova as long as this dynasty lasts?
Old 07-21-2005, 11:41 PM   #736
korme
Go Reds

You can peel, but you will have to do it manually.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:47 PM   #737
Suicane75
Coordinator

Thats cool, when I win the Big East in 4 years I can take over for Joe Pa.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:15 AM   #738
Suicane75
Coordinator

My first game, using the settings JB provided. Hofstra takes the initial kickoff to the house and i take the first play from scrimmage and go off tackle 82 yards for a TD. Im worried.

Edit: It's only been a week but I feel so far behind.

Last edited by Suicane75 : 07-22-2005 at 12:16 AM.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:23 AM   #739
Ironhead
College Prospect

Is it just me or does it look like EA finally changed the way Program Prestige progresses from year to year? I am finding that even when the top flight colleges have off years they do not immediately start losing prestige. I am also finding that the mid-major colleges and especially the cellar dwellars are progressing much more slowly if at all after having winning records. It finally seems much more important to get quality wins for mid-majors to improve their prestige.

Last edited by Ironhead : 07-22-2005 at 12:26 AM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 12:24 AM   #740
JeeberD
General Manager

Just another four or five days...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 12:27 AM   #741
korme
Go Reds

UTEP is so sick in this game Jeeber. It is 2010 and they have been a Top 25 school every year.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:29 AM   #742
JeeberD
General Manager

Beautiful. Simply beautiful...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 12:43 AM   #743
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead
Is it just me or does it look like EA finally changed the way Program Prestige progresses from year to year? I am finding that even when the top flight colleges have off years they do not immediately start losing prestige. I am also finding that the mid-major colleges and especially the cellar dwellars are progressing much more slowly if at all after having winning records. It finally seems much more important to get quality wins for mid-majors to improve their prestige.

Dude, I started with Villa fuckin Nova, don't tell me that.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:02 AM   #744
korme
Go Reds

Well, if it helps any Suicane, with Appalachian State, I have had 2 winning seasons in a row and went from * to ***.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:36 AM   #745
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

sigh

Tried playing again tonight...online play is worthless. It's either run the ball or throw bomb if you want to have any success. Home field advatnage is far overvalued, as well. I played with one team at home and the guys were ultra-responsive...playing with the same team on the road led to them being horribly sluggish.

It sucks that I can't get into single player with any console sports game, but playing against a game's AI has never been all that appealing.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 01:40 AM   #746
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97
sigh

Tried playing again tonight...online play is worthless. It's either run the ball or throw bomb if you want to have any success. Home field advatnage is far overvalued, as well. I played with one team at home and the guys were ultra-responsive...playing with the same team on the road led to them being horribly sluggish.

It sucks that I can't get into single player with any console sports game, but playing against a game's AI has never been all that appealing.

yep online has too many players cheesing. I know Madden was like that. so i am not going to play online with my xbox. just not worth it.

at least you can turn off home advantage off for solo league if you want.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:49 AM   #747
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
yep online has too many players cheesing. I know Madden was like that. so i am not going to play online with my xbox. just not worth it..
It's not cheesers, it's the game. Both games tonight were against straight players and the mid-range passing game was horrible on both sides.

It's just so disappointing...I've only bought four games for myself in the two years I've had a Playstation (NCAA 2004, 2005, 2006 and one of the Final Fantasy games) and the fact that I dread playing this one is sad.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 02:05 AM   #748
korme
Go Reds

Why was the midrange passing game bad? Passes deflected, overthrown, etc? What was the most glaring..
Old 07-22-2005, 03:48 AM   #749
Suicane75
Coordinator

Maybe I need to play more but a 21-17 first quarter against Hofstra where they completed everything and i ran all over them is quite dissapointing. It went totaly against everything those sliders were supposed to accomplish.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:37 AM   #750
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I used the Operation Sports sliders last night. In my first 3 games, there was an average of about 85 points per game scored between both teams. Post-slider, my two games were a 28-21 loss (to Wake Forest) and a 44-21 victory (over #10 Virginia).

I'm going to give them another shot in my next game (against an awful Temple team), but I may have to tune defense up one more notch. Before the games I was giving up 400+ yards per game (108th ranked defense). Afterwards I was in the high 300's. Certainly workable, and much better gameplay than my previous sliders.
how do you know?