Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-10-2005, 05:43 PM   #701
jbmagic
Pro Starter

so the people that got the game early for NCAA 2005, didnt notice the pass drop until after the release day.

if people did that got the game early, it would of save you the trouble in getting ncaa2005.

but sometimes it hard to pass on it with negative impressions because when you have your mind set on something and have been waiting it hard to say no.

Looks like NCAA 2006 is a solid choice this year for sure.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 05:48 PM   #702
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
so the people that got the game early for NCAA 2005, didnt notice the pass drop until after the release day.

if people did that got the game early, it would of save you the trouble in getting ncaa2005.

but sometimes it hard to pass on it with negative impressions because when you have your mind set on something and have been waiting it hard to say no.

Looks like NCAA 2006 is a solid choice this year for sure.

Unless, the high QB sim stats upset you too much. For me, it doesn't matter as long as the actual game play is fun and within the realm of realism. It will make it harder for me to win the Heisman with my QB's at least
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 06:06 PM   #703
jaygr
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Unless, the high QB sim stats upset you too much. For me, it doesn't matter as long as the actual game play is fun and within the realm of realism. It will make it harder for me to win the Heisman with my QB's at least

It should make it hard for any position to win, right? I am just trying to follow. Because I would like to try, say, a running back, but I don't know what kind of stats I would have to put up to beat out these super quaterbacks
jaygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 06:09 PM   #704
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

You would think so, however, several of the people who have posted previews have mentioned Non-QB's winning. It does seem odd, as you would think these super QB stats would win the Heisman every year.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:15 PM   #705
jaygr
H.S. Freshman Team

Well we will see when I get the game first day. This thread got me all hyped for it. I'm a big football fan just not necessarily college, but I still probably would have picked up the game a few months from now, probably used. But now I'll be getting it the first day for full price. Thanks a lot FOFC!
Old 07-10-2005, 06:18 PM   #706
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygr
Well we will see when I get the game first day. This thread got me all hyped for it. I'm a big football fan just not necessarily college, but I still probably would have picked up the game a few months from now, probably used. But now I'll be getting it the first day for full price. Thanks a lot FOFC!
Welcome to the country club!!!
Old 07-10-2005, 06:21 PM   #707
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:

I've heard elsewhere that the Heisman Trophy is influenced a lot by the total number of TDs your player scored. So, it sounds like it's still possible to win the trophy, if that's important to you.

Personally, my simmed stats were never on target so I'm kind of used to it. As long as the in-game stats are believeable (something they didn't have last year because of all the dropped poasses) I'm good to go.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 06:59 PM   #708
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
I've heard elsewhere that the Heisman Trophy is influenced a lot by the total number of TDs your player scored. So, it sounds like it's still possible to win the trophy, if that's important to you.

Personally, my simmed stats were never on target so I'm kind of used to it. As long as the in-game stats are believeable (something they didn't have last year because of all the dropped poasses) I'm good to go.

In game stats seem about right so far.. although I can't wait to play a good team like Texas.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 07:05 PM   #709
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
In game stats seem about right so far.. although I can't wait to play a good team like Texas.

What length quarters are you playing? I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying it so far
Old 07-10-2005, 07:09 PM   #710
jbmagic
Pro Starter

most people on other forums is saying 7 or 8 mins per quarter will get you the correct total plays in the game.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:20 PM   #711
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
most people on other forums is saying 7 or 8 mins per quarter will get you the correct total plays in the game.

Is that with people calling the play as soon as they go to the line? I know I am probably the only one who lets the play clock tick down to under 5 seconds before I snap it.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 07:47 PM   #712
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
That is the same time my local EB Games is saying now. I wonder if all stores will have to cancel the midnight sale?

im in birmingham, AL. and so far, the EB and my store are opening up at midnight...unless Dennis gets pissed off enough and causes havoc as he as already started to do.

some problems may occur for the stores in range of Dennis. on my way home from work today, winds were up to gusts of 40 easily...we havent even begun to see what they are expecting for tomorros with winds near 70 plus.

for some areas, the safety of employees and customers will be more important than opening up at midnight. who knows yet.

for all of those in the area, especially on the coase...be safe.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 07:48 PM   #713
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Bah - I've yet to hear from my Gamestop. I'm sure mine forgot to order it or something

and craig, i have called every GameStop in your area, and yes, i managed for them to "lose" your reservation....sorry.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 07:56 PM   #714
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

1 more day!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2005, 08:01 PM   #715
korme
Go Reds

actually 1 more full day, i prob wont get my hands on it til late tuesday. stupid plans with stupid girls.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 08:24 PM   #716
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What length quarters are you playing? I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying it so far

8 mins - seems dead on for me.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:27 PM   #717
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

About 7 mins do it for me. I'll alternate between running down the clock and snap right away every other series.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:28 PM   #718
Galaril
Pro Starter

Is there an accelerated clock feature like in Madden?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 09:33 PM   #719
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
I don't know but if there is then I may be able to play a full 15 min quarter.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:34 PM   #720
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:

nope
Old 07-10-2005, 09:53 PM   #721
Galaril
Pro Starter

Well that's dumb not to have the accelerated clock which is great feature in Madden.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:17 PM   #722
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
nope
Darn! Looks like I'll be playing 7 minute quarters.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:07 AM   #723
mrsimperless
College Prospect

They had the game out for display on a big-screen at Best Buy today. But the punk kids playing it wouldn't let me see if the Tallahassee-Birmingham unis had the new rainbow colored shoelaces or the old polka dot ones.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:57 AM   #724
valhalla
n00b

just got this burned having a blast so far, the gameplay is much better/funner then 2004 the last version i played..

my only gripe so far is the inseason recruiting which is very poorly done IMO.. kind of hard to set up the initial list of players to target due to lack of info. It basicly just seems like a crap shoot on who you put on your target list. Some highschool stats or quick note about player from your scout would have been nice.. im only in week 3 maybe im missing something. just seems confusing and poorly done.

i think you all will be pleased with the game overall though.. Im not cancelling my order so its worth buying.

Last edited by valhalla : 07-11-2005 at 02:00 AM.
valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 01:58 AM   #725
jbmagic
Pro Starter

NCAA Football 2006 Review.

http://reviews.operationsports.com/r...ncaafb2006xbox
Old 07-11-2005, 03:17 AM   #726
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Well that's dumb not to have the accelerated clock which is great feature in Madden.
Would be kind of diffcult to accelerate a 25 second play clock much.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 06:30 AM   #727
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetPractice6

I shit I forgot the NCAA cloock is only 25 seconds I was thinking it was same as the NFL. :o
Old 07-11-2005, 08:04 AM   #728
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetPractice6

I think when you hit the hike button - the play clock should run down to 0 in the background. You'd never notice it, but that might solve the problem. Again, 8 mins per quarter seems fine.. it's just weird how even with a smaller play clock, you're almost playing half a game.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:06 AM   #729
Kodos
Resident Alien

Getting more excited about this game. Hoping there will actually be time to return to console gaming soon as the baby starts to sleep through the night. I do wish there was an option to have recruiting be done in the offseason though...
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:08 AM   #730
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
Getting more excited about this game. Hoping there will actually be time to return to console gaming soon as the baby starts to sleep through the night. I do wish there was an option to have recruiting be done in the offseason though...
Once you select your initial targets.. weekly recruiting is a breeze.

I actually like it so far. It's neat seeing what x recruit says about you or your team from week to week.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 07-11-2005 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:29 PM   #731
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Still waiting for EB's call.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:44 PM   #732
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm not going to wait for EB's call. I will get in line at 11:30 tonight (that's when they open the doors) and I'll have my game at midnight on the dot! I still haven't decided which school to use for my dynasty, though. I think I'll use Memphis and try to get DeAngelo Williams the Heisman trophy. It will be very difficult, I'm sure, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Barely more than 6 hours to go before I have the game!
Old 07-11-2005, 05:54 PM   #733
mrsimperless
College Prospect

EB just called me. It is going to be a MESS at 12:00!
Old 07-11-2005, 05:56 PM   #734
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
I think I'll use Memphis and try to get DeAngelo Williams the Heisman trophy. It will be very difficult, I'm sure, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Barely more than 6 hours to go before I have the game!

Chris Mineo and Thomas Howard ain't gonna let DeAngelo get the Heisman on their watch...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 06:02 PM   #735
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Chris Mineo and Thomas Howard ain't gonna let DeAngelo get the Heisman on their watch...

What's that? Chris Mihm? Isn't he a basketball player? And wasn't Thomas Howard some light-hitting outfielder for the Reds? What the hell can they do to DeAngelo Williams??

Old 07-11-2005, 06:18 PM   #736
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well, my store isn't opening at midnight. They don't have a replacement guard. The good news is that the slow government of my state still hasn't worked out the contract with the one school based clinic (I was supposed to start last Tuesday, and see summer students that needed care.) As a result, I'm off tomorrow! Without a midnight release, I'll just go to bed early and wake up at 8:00 AM to go get the game when my store opens early. I'll be able to play most of the day tomorrow
Old 07-11-2005, 06:19 PM   #737
jaygr
H.S. Freshman Team

Wow, I am really surprised to see all the punk bands on the list for the EA Trax for the game. Works for me, usually I can't stand the EA Trax.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:44 PM   #738
Bee
Pro Starter

According to tracking, I'll be getting my copy tomorrow from DVDplanet.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 06:58 PM   #739
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygr
Wow, I am really surprised to see all the punk bands on the list for the EA Trax for the game. Works for me, usually I can't stand the EA Trax.

As long as it's not completely Hip Hop (like Fight Night ), I'm usually at least indifferent to the music in the games.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:23 PM   #740
korme
Go Reds

Do you guys know if Target is open 24 hours?
Old 07-11-2005, 07:38 PM   #741
mrsimperless
College Prospect

You should try Wal-Mart or Meijer. Also, the Blockbuster near me specifically said they were releasing it at midnight tonight too.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:48 PM   #742
korme
Go Reds

Ok, we dont even have a Walmart in Milford but I might call Blockbuster and Meijer.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:45 PM   #743
Tigercat
College Starter

I returned a handful of old games to preorder this today, but ah well, it will probably be worth it. I'll be at my local EB at midnight tonight and playing it through the morning probably.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:55 PM   #744
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Do most wal marts put the game out at mid nite?
Old 07-11-2005, 09:55 PM   #745
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
As long as it's not completely Hip Hop (like Fight Night ), I'm usually at least indifferent to the music in the games.

It's not. I'm liking it quite a bit. The only hip hop song that sticks in my mind is "me myself and I" - De La Soul... I love that song though.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:56 PM   #746
dervack
College Prospect

Anyone who lives in Illinois, Fry's in Downer's Grove will be selling it for $37.99 at 8AM tomorrow. Just a head's up.

Last edited by dervack : 07-11-2005 at 11:33 PM.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 11:21 PM   #747
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
Ok, we dont even have a Walmart in Milford but I might call Blockbuster and Meijer.

I can't believe there isn't a Walmart in all that crap around rt 28.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:42 PM   #748
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Going to pick mine up at a Gamestop here in Lewisville in a few mins. They're having a midnight madness type thing.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:18 AM   #749
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Wow, I was so excited trying to get the shrink wrap off with a knife that I shredded the plastic on the front of the xbox case. I think it may have been due to a mini orgasm.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:35 AM   #750
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I got my copy at 12:15am CDT. I'm loving the game so far. I'm about to start a Memphis dynasty right now. I'll have the video capture going tomorrow night, and maybe we can see some highlights of some hot hot Memphis action!