Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-11-2005, 08:25 PM   #701
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The Red Sox swept the Astros in the World Series and Damon won the World Series MVP.

I'm in the offseason, and I'm very impressed about how retirements were handled. It was great to see a few different types of reasons for retirements, such as ability, personal, age, injury, etc. I wish it gave more information, but overall retirements seemed good.

However, I'm doing the draft now, and I'm concerned because most of the players seem to have very low speed. I mean many of them are below 50, and even Thome has a 44. Anyone else noticing this? Did I just get a slow draft class? The best speedsters in the draft are 85 and 82 speed. Also, the top speed guy in the first round only has 75 speed. Most of the guys taken in the first round had 30-50 speed.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:28 PM   #702
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
However, I'm doing the draft now, and I'm concerned because most of the players seem to have very low speed. I mean many of them are below 50, and even Thome has a 44. Anyone else noticing this? Did I just get a slow draft class? The best speedsters in the draft are 85 and 82 speed. Also, the top speed guy in the first round only has 75 speed. Most of the guys taken in the first round had 30-50 speed.

This doesn't bode well for my dyansty I'm playing with a friend (where I pitch and he hits and we play game one of the series and sim the remainder). We did a fantasy draft with the Indians, and after it was all said and done, we realized that we were going to win games with speed, speed, and more speed. Our lineup only has two power guys (Teixiera and Eric Chavez) and then Chone Figgins, Coco Crisp, Angel Berroa, Matt Lawton, and Lew Ford (along with slowsters Josh Bard/Todd Greene and Ken Harvey, and sometimes Casey Blake).

Last edited by sooner333 : 04-11-2005 at 08:29 PM.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:37 PM   #703
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333
This doesn't bode well for my dyansty I'm playing with a friend (where I pitch and he hits and we play game one of the series and sim the remainder). We did a fantasy draft with the Indians, and after it was all said and done, we realized that we were going to win games with speed, speed, and more speed. Our lineup only has two power guys (Teixiera and Eric Chavez) and then Chone Figgins, Coco Crisp, Angel Berroa, Matt Lawton, and Lew Ford (along with slowsters Josh Bard/Todd Greene and Ken Harvey, and sometimes Casey Blake).

I'm reading the scout reports of the top draft picks, and from reading those I think that speed improves as the players age. I don't think that is very realistic, but if it happens that should be fine. Right now, it says for one of the guys, Brian Williams, that this second basemen keeps getting faster over the years and he has the potential to be very fast. His current speed rating is only 62.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:41 PM   #704
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
I'm reading the scout reports of the top draft picks, and from reading those I think that speed improves as the players age. I don't think that is very realistic, but if it happens that should be fine. Right now, it says for one of the guys, Brian Williams, that this second basemen keeps getting faster over the years and he has the potential to be very fast. His current speed rating is only 62.

Yeah, pretty silly, but at least they improve some. In fact, speed is usually the only thing that doesn't get better (and they could have even made their instincts bad on the basepaths and stealing ability a little worse and kept speed static until they get past a certain age).
Old 04-11-2005, 08:54 PM   #705
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well, I discovered something else I'm worried about. I was able to acquire several young good players in free agency for cheap prices. Pitchers were expensive, but I maanged to acquire Rocco Baldelli for a million a year on a 2 year deal. Interestingly, he was hurt most of last year and maybe I'm not seeing his ratings accurately (my scout is bad), but I still worry about this signing. I also was able to acquire Mark Mulder for 7 million a year for 2 years (likely at the expense of those extra seats.) Finally, I was able to acquire Benji Molina for only 2.4 million a year for 3 years. He is 31, but he is still a very good catcher and he was half as cheap as Lieberthal. I'm not sure if any of those signings are that terrible, but as a group they worry me a bit.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-11-2005 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:11 PM   #706
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah I have noticed this also Eaglesfan. Good players are available rather cheap, hell Dontrelle Willis went for like 8 million a year for just 4 years in one of my saves. I'm hoping that someone is working on a fix for it in the datafiles...

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 11:36 PM   #707
rexallllsc
Banned

Well, I got the game, and after not playing since something like Triple Play 99 (or something like that), WOW!!!

Very impressed all around.

I practiced for about an hour, and then started a Dodgers Dynasty. First game, I'm playing the Giants, and I'm up 2-0 going into the 9th. Odalis Perez pitched a 2-hitter with 5 Ks (thinking I'll need to tweak some things...). Yhency Brazoban comes in to set the table for Gagne, and is promptly smacked around. He gives up a double and then a single, so I've got runners on the corners w/ 1 out. He then walks Dowd, and Snow is up. Bring in Gagne early, and Snow smacks a double off of the wall, bringin in all 3.

I lose 3-2. Nice. Lost the second game 7-0.

Can't wait to play more!
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 12:44 AM   #708
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I tried the -15 for fielders and plus 15 for runners for my first spring training game and liked it so far. It didn't produce any crazy hits, and it was a good game which I lost 3-0 due to Adam Dunn going yard twice on Wolf. Oh yeah, I let Livan Hernadez 3 hit me I guess I better stop playing and go to bed
Old 04-12-2005, 10:54 AM   #709
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I tried the -15 for fielders and plus 15 for runners for my first spring training game and liked it so far. It didn't produce any crazy hits, and it was a good game which I lost 3-0 due to Adam Dunn going yard twice on Wolf. Oh yeah, I let Livan Hernadez 3 hit me I guess I better stop playing and go to bed

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:55 AM   #710
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexallllsc
Well, I got the game, and after not playing since something like Triple Play 99 (or something like that), WOW!!!

Very impressed all around.

I practiced for about an hour, and then started a Dodgers Dynasty. First game, I'm playing the Giants, and I'm up 2-0 going into the 9th. Odalis Perez pitched a 2-hitter with 5 Ks (thinking I'll need to tweak some things...). Yhency Brazoban comes in to set the table for Gagne, and is promptly smacked around. He gives up a double and then a single, so I've got runners on the corners w/ 1 out. He then walks Dowd, and Snow is up. Bring in Gagne early, and Snow smacks a double off of the wall, bringin in all 3.

I lose 3-2. Nice. Lost the second game 7-0.

Can't wait to play more!

It only took 15 pages to get you to try MVP out.

Todd
Old 04-12-2005, 11:12 AM   #711
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
It only took 15 pages to get you to try MVP out.

Todd

Well...I had to be REALLY built up after all of these years of Madden and Triple Play...
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 02:39 PM   #712
Bo Jackson's Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

For those of you who said that you have had trouble hitting, I notice that I hit much better on a larger TV set. If you're playing on a small 19 inch or less, it makes it more difficult to read the hitter's eye if you have that enabled. I'm still not hitting very many HRs with my Braves, though and Mondesi sucks as much as he does IRL.
Bo Jackson's Hip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 09:21 PM   #713
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

I'm got the game about a week ago and started a dynasty with the Mariners. After practicing quite a bit with the hitting mini-game, I finally hit a homer in my fifth game. Anyone got any tips for hitting the ball with more power? Is the only recourse to try holding the analog stick up while swinging?
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 09:30 PM   #714
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

the only problem that i've noticed with the -15 for fielders and +12 for baserunning is that Juan Pierre and indeed really anybody bunting can get a bunt for a basehit everytime
Old 04-14-2005, 10:32 PM   #715
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
the only problem that i've noticed with the -15 for fielders and +12 for baserunning is that Juan Pierre and indeed really anybody bunting can get a bunt for a basehit everytime

Hmmm...haven't tried that with anyone fast yet. I've just seen pitchers and they get thrown out realistically. I did change the infielders to -10 as some routine groundballs were getting through.. and after hearing your thoughts, running is at -10 as well. I do like the outfielders at -15.

Todd
Old 04-15-2005, 01:30 AM   #716
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab
I'm got the game about a week ago and started a dynasty with the Mariners. After practicing quite a bit with the hitting mini-game, I finally hit a homer in my fifth game. Anyone got any tips for hitting the ball with more power? Is the only recourse to try holding the analog stick up while swinging?

It's also about timing and positioning. You aren't likely to hit one out that's up-and-in if you're crowding the plate, and if you try to pull a ball that's outside, you're not going to have much luck either.

If you get the right pitch, yes, pushing up will help, but you want to make sure that you're going with the pitch, not against it.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 11:56 PM   #717
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well, I can confirm that speed does change as you progress seasons. I saw Abreu at the age of 32 gain 5 speed! However, that was the only truly odd progression as most of my older guys lost speed and a few of my younger guys gained speed. Particularly of note, Felix Pie went up from 94 to 98 speed. He will certainly get plenty of PT as a pinch runner and defensive sub in left field for Burrell.

The progression looked pretty good to me with Thome losing about 12 points of power, which should still leave him able to hit plenty of homers but not as much as he did for me last year (47.)

I am still concerned that I obtained Baldelli and Mulder so cheap. Molina looks like he didn't age well, but Mulder looks like he could help me win a CY young and I don't think I should have been able to sign him so cheap. However, it did cost me my planned ball park upgrade (at least temporarily.)
Old 04-22-2005, 06:08 AM   #718
CraigSca
Pro Starter

After about a month long layoff, I decided to pick this one up again last night. For some reason, I've always had problems with baserunning and after picking up the manual again, I think I have it figured out. Needless to say the problem I was having was a little embarassing but since it's been "fixed" my enjoyment of the game has gone up again.

I still have major problems with hitting, and I find myself getting about 12-15 basehits per game, but all but one or two are singles (with the other two being doubles). I NEVER hit homeruns (I'm hoping I don't have to use the uppercut to hit them, though it seems like I do - using the uppercut swing seems artificial to me), and about 90% of my hits are comebackers RIGHT up the middle. Every single hit I get is a line drive just beyond the infield or ground ball. Do these guys ever hit it hard in the air?!

I'm also thinking about turning down the outfielder speed. It really seems like a ton of extra base hits are getting cut off (either that or every outfielder's arm is Dave Winfield circa 1985). I don't want a double frenzy, but I'm sick of balls going to the wall and holding the opponent to a single.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 07:16 AM   #719
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
After about a month long layoff, I decided to pick this one up again last night. For some reason, I've always had problems with baserunning and after picking up the manual again, I think I have it figured out. Needless to say the problem I was having was a little embarassing but since it's been "fixed" my enjoyment of the game has gone up again.

I still have major problems with hitting, and I find myself getting about 12-15 basehits per game, but all but one or two are singles (with the other two being doubles). I NEVER hit homeruns (I'm hoping I don't have to use the uppercut to hit them, though it seems like I do - using the uppercut swing seems artificial to me), and about 90% of my hits are comebackers RIGHT up the middle. Every single hit I get is a line drive just beyond the infield or ground ball. Do these guys ever hit it hard in the air?!

I'm also thinking about turning down the outfielder speed. It really seems like a ton of extra base hits are getting cut off (either that or every outfielder's arm is Dave Winfield circa 1985). I don't want a double frenzy, but I'm sick of balls going to the wall and holding the opponent to a single.

I really recommend about -15 for outfielders, and -10 for infielders. That will lead to more hits down the lines, into the gaps, etc.

For my first 50 or so games, my hitting woes were the same as yours. Now, I've learned to hit homers without pressing the uppercut swing. It can happen, but the timing has to be absolutely perfect. I'm also getting more hits that are hard in the air. However, using the uppercut certainly does lead to more Home runs, particularly if you can get something you can pull. I always use the uppercut swing with Thome. Of course, the counterbalance is that this leads to more weak popups as well.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:50 AM   #720
CraigSca
Pro Starter

If it's counterbalanced, that's ok. I suppose my revulsion towards using the uppercut swing started when I was first playing the game and was unable to hit at all. I'd end the game with about 3 hits and 2 of them would be homeruns. So, I'd have guys with .100 batting averages, with 3 homeruns and 3 RBIs. Maybe, since I've learned how to collect about 10 hits a game, I can start to selectively use the uppercut and won't feel I'm hitting homeruns or nothing at all (like I was previously).
how do you know?

Old 04-22-2005, 10:41 AM   #721
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Can't wait for the psp verison to come out!

Todd
Old 04-22-2005, 12:00 PM   #722
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca

here is a great hitting guide for MVP 2005

http://www.theperfectgame.net/forums...showtopic=1398
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 12:20 PM   #723
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

How is the immersion faction in the game?
Im torn between this and Baseball Mogul.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:24 PM   #724
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Depends - what do you wanna do? Is there anything more immersive than playing the games out yourself? The animations are absolutely gorgeous.
how do you know?

Old 04-22-2005, 12:25 PM   #725
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
here is a great hitting guide for MVP 2005

http://www.theperfectgame.net/forums...showtopic=1398

Thanks, Jbmagic. I guess I'm going to have to start using that stick
how do you know?

Old 04-22-2005, 12:34 PM   #726
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
How is the immersion faction in the game?
Im torn between this and Baseball Mogul.

VERY immersed, but I also like the speed of bbmogul for playing many seasons.

Todd
Old 04-22-2005, 01:22 PM   #727
jbmagic
Pro Starter

PC owners

Patch #3 is out

ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/patche...2005patch3.exe
Old 04-22-2005, 02:11 PM   #728
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Darn it! Billy Wagner has lost 4-5 MPH on his fastball and is now just an average closer. He just blew a 3 run lead by giving up 3 base hits, then got 2 outs, but then gave up a grand slam to Luis Gonzalez.

The good thing is that I like how the player progression is going. My older guys are starting to lose their stuff.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-22-2005 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:53 PM   #729
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

can anyone walk me through getting my logitech rumblepad 2 to work with MVP 2005? I have been looking for a configuration profile, but havn't found one out there. Alternatively, if anyone has one to share that'd be awesome!
Old 04-30-2005, 12:42 AM   #730
samifan24
Pro Starter

I just lost to the Chi Sox 1-0 in 15 innings. Three things annoy me about this game:

1) Why such low scoring all the time? I play as CLE and this is the 2nd scoreless regulation game I've played against the CPU in a week (vs. MIN earlier this week).

2) I hate the fact that CPU pitchers throw a ridiculous number of innings, even with the slider for CPU pitcher fatigue set to -5. Shingo Takatsu worked 7 innings against me in tonight's game!

3) I also hate the fact that if you don't aim a pitch before the cursor fades, you are left without the ability to aim the pitch. I lost on a solo homerun in the 15th on a pitch which I lost control over. After 14 1/2 fun innings, I was really frustrated to end the game this way.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:49 AM   #731
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24
I just lost to the Chi Sox 1-0 in 15 innings. Three things annoy me about this game:

1) Why such low scoring all the time? I play as CLE and this is the 2nd scoreless regulation game I've played against the CPU in a week (vs. MIN earlier this week).

2) I hate the fact that CPU pitchers throw a ridiculous number of innings, even with the slider for CPU pitcher fatigue set to -5. Shingo Takatsu worked 7 innings against me in tonight's game!

3) I also hate the fact that if you don't aim a pitch before the cursor fades, you are left without the ability to aim the pitch. I lost on a solo homerun in the 15th on a pitch which I lost control over. After 14 1/2 fun innings, I was really frustrated to end the game this way.

You using any sliders? With -15 for outfielder speed, -10 for infield speed, and +10 base running speed, I'm averaging 7 runs/game in my 2nd season of my owner's mode dynasty.

2. Do you swing at most first pitches? I rarely swing at first pitches, and usually work most counts for 4 or 5 pitches (except Thome who I have swing at the first good inside pitch) and I usually see pitchers leaving in either the 5th or 6th inning.

3. You can still aim the pitch after the cursor fades, you just have to do it from feel. Also, you know you can turn the cursor to either "on", "fade", or "off." So you can have it permeantly stay on if you wish. I did this when I was first learning the game.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:41 AM   #732
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
You using any sliders? With -15 for outfielder speed, -10 for infield speed, and +10 base running speed, I'm averaging 7 runs/game in my 2nd season of my owner's mode dynasty.

2. Do you swing at most first pitches? I rarely swing at first pitches, and usually work most counts for 4 or 5 pitches (except Thome who I have swing at the first good inside pitch) and I usually see pitchers leaving in either the 5th or 6th inning.

3. You can still aim the pitch after the cursor fades, you just have to do it from feel. Also, you know you can turn the cursor to either "on", "fade", or "off." So you can have it permeantly stay on if you wish. I did this when I was first learning the game.

I wasn't using any fielding sliders but will try it if it means more scoring.

I don't swing at most first pitches, but I'd say that most of my hitters see three pitches, so I guess that'd have something to do with it.

I didn't know you could still aim the pitch. I wish I'd walked the batter intentionally and moved on to the next guy. I like the challenge of having the cursor fade, but every so often when I don't know where the pitch is going, it makes all the difference in a game.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:45 AM   #733
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24
I wasn't using any fielding sliders but will try it if it means more scoring.

I don't swing at most first pitches, but I'd say that most of my hitters see three pitches, so I guess that'd have something to do with it.

I didn't know you could still aim the pitch. I wish I'd walked the batter intentionally and moved on to the next guy. I like the challenge of having the cursor fade, but every so often when I don't know where the pitch is going, it makes all the difference in a game.

if your batters are not walking, then you swinging too much at every pitch.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:41 PM   #734
TRO
College Prospect

A negative fatigue factor makes the fatigue slower. If you want the CPU to pitch less innings, turn the fatigue up not down.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:39 PM   #735
sooner333
College Starter

I know all of you guys with the -15/-10 fielding, +10 baserunning sliders are using CPU defense (or whatever it is called)....does anyone know how these work with human defense?
Old 04-30-2005, 04:45 PM   #736
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRO
A negative fatigue factor makes the fatigue slower. If you want the CPU to pitch less innings, turn the fatigue up not down.

Wow, thanks. I didn't know that. I figured that the positive option would give "more stamina." I'm gonna go try these new sliders now.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:55 PM   #737
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Just got this and I love it. It might be the best baseball game I've ever played. Not only is the gameplay great, but I love the extras that make the game so much more enjoyable.

I was playing a game today and the number 8 hitter for the Mets was a rookie who wasn't hitting well. Everytime he came to the plate my crowd just gave him hell, chanting "OVERRATED!" I doubt that the game takes it into account, but the kid was rattled and went 0-4 with 2Ks.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 08:41 AM   #738
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Well I bought this for the XBOX about a month ago, I played ONE game the day I bought it and did not touch it again until this past Sunday afternoon.

One of the reasons why I had only played it once was because the manual sucks. I really had no clue how to do anything. So Sunday I went online to Game FAQs and read someone's tutorial or whatever and learned how to play. I have since played about 6 games using sliders found over at OS, I think they are Pared's.

Comments, I think this is the first baseball game I have played where when I am pitching with Pedro I feel like I am pitching with Pedro. Or when I am facing Jason Schmidt I feel like I am facing Jason Schmidt, instead of just a random pitcher. Batter's eye is very nice, I am a big fan of it. When I played against the Orioles and Sidney Ponson I could actually see what pitch he was throwing almost as soon as he started his windup. I swore I could see the 'red' for slider while the ball was in his glove.

My only complaints are with the hitting system, I am thinking it may be too hard to hit for both the CPU and myself. I had a no-hitter going into the 6th last night with Colon against the Giants, in just my 6th time playing the game. Though in the 7th, 8th, and 9th innings they left the bases loaded, men on 2nd and 3rd, and the bases loaded respectively. I got lucky and won 1-0, thanks to a Vlad solo shot in the 5th.

I like this game, even though they completely butchered Great American Ballpark.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 05:42 PM   #739
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

just wondering if someone can clue me in without me having to look how I can get more popups to reach the stands/fewer popups to be caught. Seems like every other batter on my team and theirs pops out.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:31 PM   #740
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

FWIW,

I'm using -12 for both infield/outfield speed and +10 for baserunning... meter difficulty is at -50.

Todd
Old 05-12-2005, 12:52 PM   #741
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

I've been playing this game at Pro level since I bought it. I'm thinking I'm going to have to move up to All-Star soon, but I'm concerned. I can hit the ball fairly well (usually score between 3-7 runs a game), but I'm very dominant with my pitching. I don't want to move up and start getting smoked. I just want to be able to have the computer achieve some realistic numbers against me.

MizzouRah, you're at -50 on pitch meter difficulty? That makes it LESS accurate, not more, right? How are your results with that? Are the aces still able to achieve realistically low ERA's?
Old 05-12-2005, 12:58 PM   #742
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
FWIW,

I'm using -12 for both infield/outfield speed and +10 for baserunning... meter difficulty is at -50.

Todd

you still playing on pro?
Old 05-12-2005, 01:19 PM   #743
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
I've been playing this game at Pro level since I bought it. I'm thinking I'm going to have to move up to All-Star soon, but I'm concerned. I can hit the ball fairly well (usually score between 3-7 runs a game), but I'm very dominant with my pitching. I don't want to move up and start getting smoked. I just want to be able to have the computer achieve some realistic numbers against me.

I think your hitting is most likely to go down. I have a dynasty going with a friend of mine where he hits and I control the pitching staff. On that one, I use the default view, and usually give up on average of 3-4 runs per game. On my own dynasty I use the behind the pitcher view, and give up a few more runs (and I'm really bad at hitting). Both are on all-star with about -5 on fielder speed and +5 baserunning as the only changes.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:40 PM   #744
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
you still playing on pro?

I've NEVER played on Pro. Always used All-Star.

Todd
Old 05-12-2005, 04:17 PM   #745
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I've NEVER played on Pro. Always used All-Star.

Todd

wow

how your hitting on that level?

how many walks your issue per game and walks your batters gets per game?

-12 for both infield/outfield speed and +10 for baserunning... meter difficulty is at -50

the rest of slider on 0?

thanks
Old 05-12-2005, 04:38 PM   #746
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
wow

how your hitting on that level?

how many walks your issue per game and walks your batters gets per game?

-12 for both infield/outfield speed and +10 for baserunning... meter difficulty is at -50

the rest of slider on 0?

thanks

Hits vary on who's pitching, ballpark, and if I can pickup their pitches with hitter's eye.

Rest of sliders at default.

Todd
Old 05-20-2005, 02:52 PM   #747
jbmagic
Pro Starter

on manager mode

how do you warm up the pitcher? i dont see that option in manager mode.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:34 PM   #748
SackAttack
Head Coach

It's not required in manager mode. Just sub freely.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 05:04 PM   #749
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The Polo Grounds is a crazy place to play. I hadn't played there in MVP before.

I've put Brad Lidge in two consecutive games as a setup man. And in both games, first batter he faces takes him deep in both games. Luckily, in the first game we won 3-2 (it was a 2-run homer) after I yanked him and in the next game, we had a 6-0 lead before the solo shot.

But still. Talk about a quick way to get on my shit list. The trade deadline is coming up.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:17 AM   #750
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Played again last night, and I continue to fine-tune some of the parameters to make it more realistic. I'm still only averaging about 3 runs per game on Pro, so I see no need to go to All-star from an offensive perspective. However, pitching-wise I'm dominant (even with this year's PREDICTED Orioles ratings). Because of this, I've decided to change some of the pitching parameters including pitcher control (I figure if I can't nibble the corners as much, I won't be as succesful). However, there was one parameter under pitching that looked interesting (I think it was the one right after pitcher control), but I have no idea what it really does (unfortunately, I don't have access to the game right now, so I can't repeat the parameter here). Which...brings up a point - why the hell is the MVP 2005 manual so lame? Is there any place that these parameters are actually documented?!

Also, is there a parameter that changes reliever's BETWEEN GAME endurance? I'd like to have tired relievers if possible.

Still - this game is tops as far as a console game that's given me the most bang for the buck this year.
how do you know?