Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-20-2005, 07:32 AM   #701
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Not sure if I believe Anthony will be in the bottom 3, he hasn't the last few weeks and he should have, he probably just has that teenage, I'll dial 300 times for him, girl demographic in his corner..
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 07:39 AM   #702
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'm not sure he will be, either, but I think it's time he left. Isaac, Gopher, and Doc are holding the ship for him.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 07:49 AM   #703
Thomkal
Head Coach

I become more and more disappointed with this group with each passing week, but 70's/disco songs are hard for anybody to sing, let alone people who mostly weren't born in that decade.

1. Bo-Back to his rockin ways, singing a song I've never heard of, and wouldn't classify as a 70's dance song, at least the way he sang it, but hey maybe he made it his own? Not my favorite performance of his, but good enough in this hellish week.

2. Constantine-Good song for his voice though he had a couple problems with it. Again not my favorite performance of his, but good enough for second.

3. Anthony-weird song choice, but did his usual mediocre vocal/awkward performance job. But that makes him good for #3 last night.

4. Carrie-can't believe anyone picked that song with the weird lyrics, and she really struggled with it until she got to the end and hit that nice range of notes. Now if she'd only do that more often and show some semblance of life on stage.

5. Vonzell-Give her credit for taking on a tough song, but like Simon said it was on the edge of her vocal range, and I think she mostly failed with it, especially like Jim said, with that horrid second half of it.

6. Scott-Was really bad in the beginning and got a bit better, but I think he may have gotten some of the words wrong? Luckily for him got saved by...

7. Anwar-Ugh. Please have mercy on us and have him voted out?

At this point it has to be a Bo, Constantine, Vonzell, and Carrie Final Four. I can't say I'm particularly enthused about any of them winning it all though.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:20 PM   #704
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

I can't believe this show got its hooks into me.

Constantine: I missed him this week, which is probably a good thing. Don't get me wrong, he has made great song choices lately and his performances have been high quality, but whenever he sings and looks into the camera, I feel like he is trying to reach out and touch me in an inappropriate manner;

Anthony: I think he is a nice guy, but he really annoys me. His singing was OK, but he comes off like such an amature compared to some of the better contestants. Also, as soon as he is done singing, I have the urge to take my daughter to go ride the spinning teacups before the line gets too long;

Scott: Look, I don't care if he did a good job or not (BTW I think he is a passable singer and I generally enjoy his performances), he looks like a cross between porky pig and Slingblade and that aint gonna cut it against these other made-for-mtv- people (I know, I know, what about Rueben Studdard- Rueben had a lovable big guy quality that Scott does not possess, rueben was oging up against Clay Aiken, and Rueben was a better singer)

Carrie underwood: she has a great voice and I have grown to hate her. Compared to her, the other contestants perform like James Brown. Has anyone else noticed that everytime she tries to shake her hips on stage she messes up the words? Either her gyroscope is faulty or her cd reader needs to be upgraded so that it doesn't skip so easily;

Vonzell: She is one of my favorites. her voice is not as good as the fembot, but she is just as cute and is a good performer. She seemed to do well last episode but I had a hard time distinguishing her singing from the background vocals. She has 3rd place written all over her;

Anwar: I thought he finished strong, but his performances are consistently below the average. he will go soon

Bo: Great performance this week. he has the best combination of voice and performance ability among any contestants, past or present. I am glad that he didn't try to be gimmick-y by putting on a polyester suit or something. It really bothers me that Bo will get voted off before Constantine.
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:24 PM   #705
Ksyrup

Entertaining read, jc!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-20-2005, 03:29 PM   #706
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by judicial clerk

Scott: Look, I don't care if he did a good job or not (BTW I think he is a passable singer and I generally enjoy his performances), he looks like a cross between porky pig and Slingblade and that aint gonna cut it against these other made-for-mtv- people (I know, I know, what about Rueben Studdard- Rueben had a lovable big guy quality that Scott does not possess, rueben was oging up against Clay Aiken, and Rueben was a better singer)

Ruben also didn't change his clothes from week to week. It was gross.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:40 PM   #707
Swaggs
Coordinator

Anyone else of the opinion that this is Paula's last season on AI? She is just a trainwreck out there. You can almost tell that Randy and Simon are just waiting her out and praying she doesn't do anything too embarassing.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:49 PM   #708
Ksyrup

No. Simon needs Abdul to pull off his shtick, and Randy and Paula are working together off-camera:

LOS ANGELES — When the "American Idol" stage goes black on Wednesday night each week, the judges console the eliminated contestant by saying things like "it's not over" and "this is just the beginning."

With one of those singers, however, Jackson ha actually put his money where his mouth is.

Jackson and famed songwriter/ former "Idol" guest judge Diane Warren signed second-season finalist Kimberly Caldwell as the first artist on their new record label and will release her debut this summer.

"We're about halfway through [recording], and we're doing a rock-pop thing and it's really hot," Caldwell said. "I'm dying to let everybody hear it."

Jackson, who is both a manager (for Nikka Costa and Van Hunt) and producer (working on Paula Abdul's comeback album), is taking more of a managerial role with Caldwell, while Warren is working with her in the studio.

"Randy gives me advice, sets up meetings and kind of manages me in a way, so I've been really fortunate to have both of them to help me get my foot in the door," Caldwell said. "Randy is truly like what you see is what you get. He's very lighthearted and he's positive, for the most part."

Along with recording, Caldwell has also been working as a TV correspondent. She started on FOX Sports Net's "54321" show and now covers events for the TV Guide Channel. The latter channel also just launched a weekly series called "Idol Chat," which Caldwell co-hosts with "Popstars" winner Rosanna Tavarez.

"I've been watching religiously," Caldwell said of "Idol." "I'm partial to Bo Bice. I really like him and I love Vonzell [Solomon]."

Caldwell is also interested in getting in front of cameras as an actress. She appeared on a recent episode of FOX's "Life on a Stick" and is reading scripts for other projects.

"I think pretty much anybody who's in the industry right now will take anything that comes at them, and I would love, of course, to do some acting," she said.

and...

http://www.wherehouse.com/movies/pro...jsp?id=2511707
Old 04-20-2005, 03:53 PM   #709
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Manly? Sorry, but you need to get your eyes checked. She is smoking hot.
Concur....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:54 PM   #710
Subby
lolzcat

Oh HELL yes...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:14 PM   #711
Ksyrup

If you go to sugarmoney.net, you can hear a clip of one of Bo's "original" songs with his old band Sugar Money. Apparently, they're capitalizing on Bo's TV fame and selling their 5-song CD from a few years ago. Well, the one song clip on this site, the song Hold On, is an embarrassing rip-off of Sweet Home Alabama. In fact, I'd sue if I was LS. I sure hope his other songs are a little more original than that...!

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-20-2005 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:24 PM   #712
Easy Mac

Nice move by Bo by moving to the middle. Never seen anyone smart enough to do that before (unless they told him to for suspense).
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:27 PM   #713
TLK
Pro Starter

They're really selling the drama tonight
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:29 PM   #714
Easy Mac

At least America seems to have voted 100% correct.

Anwar GONE!!!!! I'm not disappointed, but how long can Scott dodge the bullet?
Old 04-20-2005, 08:29 PM   #715
Joe
Pro Starter

FUCK! Scott is safe again.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:34 PM   #716
Ksyrup

The bottom 3 from tonight shouldn't change - Scott and Federov should be next up to go.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:35 PM   #717
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
If you go to sugarmoney.net, you can hear a clip of one of Bo's "original" songs with his old band Sugar Money. Apparently, they're capitalizing on Bo's TV fame and selling their 5-song CD from a few years ago. Well, the one song clip on this site, the song Hold On, is an embarrassing rip-off of Sweet Home Alabama. In fact, I'd sue if I was LS. I sure hope his other songs are a little more original than that...!

yeah, thats the CD I posted about earlier. sounds like it isn't too good.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:37 PM   #718
Thomkal
Head Coach

Nice to see America finally got it right with the votes. Now if we can just get Scott voted off next week, I can deal with the remaining contestants.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:38 PM   #719
TLK
Pro Starter

I never thought I'd say this, but Anthony deserves to stay longer than Bobby Hill and Constantine.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:43 PM   #720
flounder
High School Varsity

I've been waiting for Constantine to go since Day 1. Unfortunately, I think he's with us until the final 2.
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:43 PM   #721
TLK
Pro Starter

One more note about the show....

If they put all of the Ford vignettes on some sort of American Idol DVD.... they have a sale here. If for nothing else, the UIC is worth $19.95.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:00 PM   #722
Swaggs
Coordinator

I can't decide whether I liked this Ford commercial better than the bighead puppets one or not.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:02 PM   #723
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
At least America seems to have voted 100% correct.

Anwar GONE!!!!! I'm not disappointed, but how long can Scott dodge the bullet?

Could you guys at least pretend to not ruin it for us on the west coast?
Old 04-20-2005, 09:06 PM   #724
Easy Mac

Either don't look or move.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:27 PM   #725
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Could you guys at least pretend to not ruin it for us on the west coast?

If I see a thread about something that I know I'm not going to watch til later, I avoid it til after I watch it because I KNOW there is going to be spoilers in it.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:35 PM   #726
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
If I see a thread about something that I know I'm not going to watch til later, I avoid it til after I watch it because I KNOW there is going to be spoilers in it.

likewise...

i have volleyball matches on tuesday and wednesday and tivo the show...

so, as you can saee i don't read until later for illinois time.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 11:03 AM   #727
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Inside Move: Alphabet aiming directly at 'Idol'
ABC looks to knock hit skein off pedestal

By JOSEF ADALIAN

Just in time for May sweeps, ABC News' "Primetime Live" is working on a potentially explosive expose on the Fox phenom "American Idol."
Exact details of the report are still in flux, since Alphabet staffers are still in the process of reporting the story and vetting details. It's believed, however, that the report -- in the works for several months now -- will take a hard look at the relationship between "Idol" judges and contestants.

Depending on the final results of the investigation, insiders said ABC may air the report as a special single-topic edition of "Primetime" and make it a key, heavily hyped sweeps event. Special could air outside the show usual ultracompetitive timeslot of 10 p.m. Thursdays -- perhaps on a Wednesday night at 10.

Insiders confirm that Fox and "Idol's" producers have been contacted by ABC News reps, who've said the net is working on a story about the show. ABC hasn't asked Fox or the producers to respond to any allegations, the insiders said.

Though it may seem odd that an ABC newsmag would devote serious resources to a competing net's crown jewel, the huge ratings for "Idol" have made it fodder for numerous newsmag stories on other nets over the years. Indeed, in past seasons, "Primetime" has devoted entire hours to very flattering portraits of "Idol" contestants.

An ABC News spokesman refused comment.

hxxp://www.variety.com/VR1117921406.html
Old 04-22-2005, 11:07 AM   #728
Ksyrup

Man, that would have the potential to be awesome if Dan Rather was involved.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:08 AM   #729
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I'm betting Seacrest has a Clay Aiken card in his wallet.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:10 AM   #730
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
I'm betting Seacrest has a Clay Aiken card in his wallet.
Who doesn't?
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 11:13 AM   #731
Ksyrup

How many pics of Randy Jackson and his bubble butt playing bass for Journey are they going to show?
Old 04-22-2005, 11:15 AM   #732
Cuckoo
College Starter

Little more Idol news:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahoo! News
...Meanwhile, fans of the show have overrun message boards this season with commentary on Abdul's seemingly wacky antics on the show.

"I'm wondering if Fox is going to address Paula's very obvious drug and/or alcohol problems," one idolonfox.com message board user posted. "It's getting harder to explain to my kids why she is acting so sloppy and slurring and incoherent."

"Send her to a rehab clinic for several months," another user advised. "Give her time off to rest, to get off the drugs, to stop drinking and let her come back with a clear vocal presentation and clear head. Please God, please help this woman!"

In fact, so many users flooded the boards commenting on Abdul's apparent state of intoxication that moderators banned the use of the words "drunk" and "drugs."

After learning of the speculations for herself, Abdul elected to address the rumors in an interview with People magazine.

In the article, she denied suffering from an addiction and claims to have been diagnosed with a rare neurological disorder called Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy that causes chronic pain.

Abdul, 42, said the pain began after she suffered a disc injury in a cheerleading accident at age 17 that was exacerbated by a couple of car accidents in the 1980s and a plane crash in 1992. Following the crash, she said she suffered from seizures, eating disorders and depression.

Last summer, she started taking the prescription drug Enbrel, which she said has left her pain-free.

"If people only knew what I've gone through with pain and pills. I'm dancing for joy at the fact that not even a year ago I was in so much pain I could barely get up," she told People.

Abdul said she had planned to keep the disorder secret, but felt she needed to explain the truth to her fans.

"It was getting ugly with the lies people were saying," she told Entertainment Tonight. "It was time to set the record straight. I want America to know that I have never been addicted to anything, no chemical dependency, nothing for recreational purposes."

Of course, there's always the chance that had Abdul not set the record straight, it may have been straightened for her.

In other news, Pray for the Soul of Betty, the band fronted by finalist Constantine Maroulis, has inked a deal with Koch Records, the indie label responsible for Idol reject William Hung's debut disc. The band's first CD will drop June 7. No word on what will happen if Moroulis wins Idol and is forced to sign a new solo deal.

As the highly competitive May sweeps season approaches, ABC News is planning an in-depth Primetime Live special on American Idol, per Daily Variety.

The expos, which is still in the works, is expected to delve into the relationships between the judges and contestants, as well as provide a behind-the-scenes look at the show's inner workings.

Idol ceded the top slot in the ratings to CSI for the week ended Sunday, but managed to hold onto the number two and number four slots, drawing 25.6 million viewers for Tuesday's show and an even 25 million for Wednesday's show.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:29 AM   #733
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
How many pics of Randy Jackson and his bubble butt playing bass for Journey are they going to show?

Its like one of the kids magazines, can you point out who/what doesn't belong in this picture?
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08

Last edited by gottimd : 04-22-2005 at 11:30 AM.
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 11:36 AM   #734
rkmsuf
Head Coach

And this is who America voted as the American Idol? Ok, 1A Idol but still.

And now he has a credit card. Land of opportunity indeed.

Last edited by rkmsuf : 04-22-2005 at 11:37 AM.
rkmsuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 12:23 PM   #735
Ksyrup

"...she denied suffering from an addiction and claims to have been diagnosed with a rare neurological disorder called Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy..."

Now it all makes sense; you know, the way she automatically comes to the defense of a performer who sucked...
Old 04-23-2005, 10:17 AM   #736
Joe
Pro Starter

Constantine's band got a record deal... but its from the same record label that signed William Hung, so meh..

Quote:
AP
'Idol' Finalist's Band Gets Record Deal

Sat Apr 23, 2:19 AM ET

By The Associated Press

NEW YORK - The band of "American Idol" finalist Constantine Maroulis will release their first CD on May 10, recorded before the singer's fame skyrocketed on the TV talent show.

Koch Records, the label that signed "Idol" failure William Hung, has announced a deal with Pray for the Soul of Betty, the New York band Maroulis fronted before auditioning for the Fox reality program.

Maroulis signed over the rights to his bandmates before joining "Idol," so the self-titled album isn't owned by the show, a publicist for "American Idol" confirmed Friday.

The long-haired rocker is one of six remaining in the contest, where he has emerged as a heartthrob candidate for young girls. Earlier in the season, the show documented Maroulis informing the band of his "Idol" intentions. Though some members then seemed upset about the more mainstream direction, they are now quite happy for the publicity.

"The reason why he's doing `American Idol' is for the band, not for anything else," drummer Hamboussi told The Associated Press Friday, adding that Maroulis and the band remain tight.

"(On `American Idol') he doesn't get the bass drum or the guitar hitting him in the back of the head," Hamboussi said.

Giovanna Melchiorre, a spokeswoman for Koch, said that while Maroulis won't be able to tour with the band, "Legally, I think we're OK."

The record company said Pray for the Soul of Betty draws influences from Led Zeppelin, Soundgarden and Queens of the Stone Age, and "sounds distinctively like a New York City band should sound: intense, raw and powerful."
Old 04-26-2005, 03:09 PM   #737
Ksyrup

Anyone confirmed tonight's theme? I read that it's going to be Songs of the 21st Century. Or, pick something from the past 5 years.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:14 PM   #738
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Anyone confirmed tonight's theme? I read that it's going to be Songs of the 21st Century. Or, pick something from the past 5 years.

yeah, on his radio show Seacrest said it is songs from 2000 to the present.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:28 PM   #739
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
, has announced a deal with Pray for the Soul of Betty, the New York band Maroulis fronted before auditioning for the Fox reality program.

The name of his band was/is "Pray for the Soul of Betty"...that's name of his "hard rock" band...this...rocker. That's the name of...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 03:31 PM   #740
TLK
Pro Starter

Should be some fun tonight....
Old 04-26-2005, 05:23 PM   #741
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Should be some fun tonight....

Should be some Wang Chung tonight.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:25 PM   #742
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by judicial clerk
Should be some Wang Chung tonight.

wrong decade.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:44 PM   #743
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

I would give a contestant $100 if they actually sang a wang chung song. Or i should say the wang chung song.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:07 PM   #744
sabotai
General Manager

I love Carrie, but I hate country music! I'm so conflicted!
Old 04-26-2005, 07:17 PM   #745
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Horrible version of that Theme from that one UPN song "I dont wanna be." Why are people cheering, it sounds like fucking karaoke.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 07:19 PM   #746
Joe
Pro Starter

man WTF is Bo wearing?
Old 04-26-2005, 07:20 PM   #747
Ksyrup

I haven't heard of either of these songs, but they both remind me why I listen to the stuff I do and have to look so hard for new music on the net. Bo did fine - in fact, it was basically a carbon copy of last week - but that song sucked.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:21 PM   #748
sabotai
General Manager

I'm 0 for 2 on recognizing the songs sung so far tonight...
Old 04-26-2005, 07:23 PM   #749
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I'm 2-2 on recognizing the songs (and digging both of them... love both of the songs).

And I'm suprised that Carrie is singing Martina and not sucking (her and Whitney Houston are similar in that anyone trying to sing one of their songs doesn't even begin to the compare to the actual singer).

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 04-26-2005 at 07:24 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 07:26 PM   #750
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
I'm 2-2 on recognizing the songs (and digging both of them... love both of the songs).

And I'm suprised that Carrie is singing Martina and not sucking (her and Whitney Houston are similar in that anyone trying to sing one of their songs doesn't even begin to the compare to the actual singer).

Ditto.

I'm also digging Vonzell right now.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote